Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 9

The same day

Tavin was smiling, humming to the radio and shaking her head as she looked over at her sister who was sitting on the edge of the sofa, tapping her right foot constantly and biting her thumb nail.

“So, Cameron went ape shit when he caught you two making out, right?” Tavin asked as she folded Ashton’s t-shirts.

Janae looked over at her sister. “How did you know we were making out?”

“Number 1, I know Taylor and Number 2, when Cameron was pushing Taylor into the room, your chocolate lipgloss was all over his face,” Tavin said with a grin.

Janae grinned. “We were making out and it was getting really good. Then Cam pulled Taylor away by the neck, yanking the best lips that I’ve ever felt and the best kisser I’ve ever had away from me. So not fair.”

“Yeah, that’s my man…always messing up shit when it gets good. Anyway, I don’t have to ask you how you feel,” Tavin replied smiling.

“I’m in love, Tavy,” Janae said.

“And it shows and I’m glad it’s Taylor,” Tavin said as her sister looked at her.

“But you told Taylor that he should put a leash on his dick because he walked it so much,” Janae said as Tavin laughed.

“Yeah, that was a good one,” Tavin said.

“I didn’t think you trusted Taylor, as far as I’m concerned,” Janae said.

“No, sweetie, it’s cool. I know that kid. He’s good people and he has really good sense because he knows that if he didn’t treat you right, he wouldn’t have to worry about Cameron getting to him because I would kill him first. But I think you two are good together. You fit. Trust me, I know things and you’ve already reeled him in. He’ll be doing whatever you say in no time,” Tavin said with assurance.

“You think so?” Janae asked.

“Girl, his last name is Caldwell which really means easily whipped…need I say more,” Tavin said with a grin.
*********************************************************

(Back to Cameron and Taylor’s conversation)

“Really?” Cameron asked as second time.

“Yes, really. I didn’t want to say anything because I know how you are about Janae. So, I didn’t. Listen, I knew that Janae had to grow up, she had to experience life. That’s why I stayed away the way that I did. I wasn’t ready for her and she definitely wasn’t ready for me. I had just been appointed CFO and that in itself, took a lot of maturity and responsibility to deal with. I wasn’t ready for a relationship and I really didn’t have the time, so I did what I had to…I let her live. I’m glad that I did that because there were things that she had to learn too, and I think she did. When she came back home and I saw her with that guy, I couldn’t hold back my feelings any longer, so I approached her with them and I’m just glad she feels the same way. I’m sorry if you’re pissed off, but I’m not sorry that I care about her the way that I do…love her the way that I do,” Taylor said as he looked at his brother. Cameron sat in silence for a minute, then he walked to the door and opened it.

“Doodles, get in here please!” he exclaimed as he walked back to his seat. A minute later, Janae bounded into the room and sat next to Taylor on the sofa, until she looked at Cameron and sat on the far end of the sofa away from Taylor.

“Please, don’t kill him Cam. He’s your brother, I love him and besides, Christmas isn’t here yet, and Taylor always gives me the best presents,” Janae said as she smiled back at Taylor.

“I forgot…you and your sister and got damn Christmas…you two act like two big kids,” Cameron stated.

“I do?” Taylor asked staring at her with a smile. Cameron just glanced between the two.

“Oh yes. It's like you really put effort and time into it and you think about what I would like," Janae said.

"Well, I do babygirl. I really do," Taylor answered.

"Oh, I know and it shows. Take the pretty, white gold bangle bracelets you got me last year for example…I loved those,” Janae said.

“I’m glad because I thought they would look so good against your skin and…,” Taylor said as Cameron interrupted. What the fuck, he thought. I'm not listening to this and watching them make goo goo eyes about Christmas gifts...no, I can't, he thought.

“I don’t want to hear this shit! And before you go all ‘he’s all that I live for on me’, Doodles, I’m not going to kill him. He’s my brother. I’m not pissed…okay, I’m a little pissed, but I’m just disappointed that you didn’t come to me and say something earlier, T,” Cameron said as Janae and Taylor looked at each other, then at Cameron, then back at each other, then back at Cameron, like he sprouted two heads.

“You’re not just saying that because you’ve got something else planned…like coming to my house in the middle of the night and smothering me with my own pillow?” Taylor asked.

Cameron sighed. “You are just a simple creature sometimes, you know that? The reason why I’m so protective of this girl is because she’s special and she’s deserves the best. Over the past couple of years, the only guys that passed across my threshold to date her were honest to God punks. I couldn’t let her go out like that. I just wanted Doodles to find a good dude and even though you are a little shit, you’re my little shit, and I trust you not to hurt her…or I’m going to hurt you. Do we have an understanding?”

“Yes. Cam, look at me. You don’t have to worry about that. I’m crazy about her,” Taylor said. Janae could have melted.

“You are, aren’t you?” Janae asked moving closer to Taylor. They forgot all about Cameron as Taylor took her hands and kissed both of them.

“Of course I am, baby. All I see is you,” Taylor said as they stared at each other. Cameron rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

“Oh, give me a fuckin’ break,” Cameron said with a small grin. He was glad that it was Taylor and not some random, simple ass dude. His little brother was a good guy, so he could breathe easy.

Janae broke her gaze away from Taylor, jumped up and hugged Cameron. She loved her brother-in-law.

“Thank you for keeping him in one piece for me,” Janae said. They broke their embrace as he grinned. Taylor held out his hand and Cameron shook it, then they knocked their fists together.

“For now…until he fucks up and he’s not going to do that…right?” Cameron asked as

Taylor grinned as Janae sat back down next to him. “No, Cam. I’m not.”

Cameron walked out of the office and down the stairs yelling, “ Lovely! Lovely! Did you know that Taylor and Janae got the hots for each other?”

They heard Tavin say, “Yes. You’re so late…like period late. You’re so late, that it’s …stupid. Oh, lord, my poor child looks just like your ass. You know what they say, baby….the cute ones are always dumb and they’re always the last to know.” Janae and Taylor laughed.

“You got jokes. We’ll see how dumb you think I am when I don’t give you none later and I don’t want you rubbing your hand on my thigh saying, what you got for me daddy,” Cameron said as Janae and Taylor laughed.

“I said you were dumb…not crazy. All the crap I put up with from you and these chaps, the least you could do for me is make me ….,” Tavin replied and was interrupted by… “Mommy, Ashton is trying to put a marble up his nose.”

Janae and Taylor just sat back and laughed. Tavin and Cam could rip on each other all day, but end up in each other’s arms at the end of it. They were always good for a laugh, Janae thought as she climbed on his lap. He held her by the waist. Her arms went around his neck.

“Ooh did you hear that? We’ve got the hots for each other,” Janae stated as Taylor pulled her closer.

“I know. That’s a good thing because I’m very hot for you…you have no idea what those fishnet tights and those itty bitty shorts are doing to me,” he said as he bit his bottom lip. Janae kissed his lips softly.

“I feel what they’re doing, so that’s just as good,” Janae said as she wiggled her behind on him.

“Ooh, I got a naughty girl, huh?” Taylor asked.

“Yes and don’t you forget it. I am your girl now, right?” Janae asked.

“Yes, and since you’re my girl, I get to do this,” Taylor said as he grabbed her ass “and this,” he said as he kissed her neck, “and this,” he said as he pulled her ear lobe slowly into his mouth, “and this,” he said as he looked into her eyes and kissed her until they were both out of breath. Kendall and Ashton were standing outside the door and Janae hid her head in Taylor’s neck. Kendall and Ashton both said, “Eww,” and ran down the stairs. Then they heard Ashton yelling.

“Oooh, Mommy, Daddy, Kendy and me saw Uncle Taylor and Teedy Nay with…what was they doing Kendy….oh yeah…Kendy says their tongues were down each other’s throats. Eww, that means they were tasting each other’s spit…yuck!” Ashton yelled.

Taylor and Janae laughed as they heard Ashton bust them. “Tasting each other’s spit…never heard it put like that before,” Janae said as Taylor grinned at her.

“Wanna finish?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Janae said as her hands went in his hair and his hands clutched her behind as they kissed. But this time, they locked the door.
*********************************************************
“So, you talked to your boy?” the female voice asked.

“Yeah. You talked to your girl?” the male voice asked as he pulled her naked body on top of his.

“Yeah. You think they’re going to stop being little bitches and get together and do the damn thing?” the female asked.

The male smiled at her. “I hope so. Doing it is so good.” The female leaned down, kissed him on the lips.

“It sure is. Want to finish doing it?” The female asked.

“I thought we still were,” the male replied as they kissed again and finished where they left off.
*********************************************************

Janae had such a good time with Taylor at dinner with Tavin, Cameron and the kids. The kids asked a lot of questions and responded to everything as yucky or gross. It felt so good to be with him without worrying about Cameron killing him or disapproving. It was a huge weight lifted off her shoulders. Now, the other weight had to come off.

Janae walked into the elevator of Christopher’s building the next day. She hated hurting people, but her heart was with Taylor and she never gave Christopher any inkling that her feelings for him were deeper. It was a light, flirty, friendly relationship. It was what she needed at the time because Taylor was the only one that bought out her intense, passionate feelings and since she couldn’t be with him, she found something else.

Janae pushed 3 on the elevators keypad and leaned back against the elevator. She looked at the elevator and smiled. Taylor gave her the best kiss in the elevator in her apartment building, which was Tavin’s old apartment. Tavin purchased it and never sold it, and surprised Janae with it when she returned from London. Taylor and those lips…she wanted with everything in her to make love to him last night, but she wanted to end things with Christopher first. She didn’t want to have a prior relationship hanging in the balance when she made love to Taylor again, plus she really wanted to take things slow. There was so much that she had to tell him, things that he didn’t know, concerning Delia and her father. Last night they didn’t do anything but kiss, even though Taylor tried his hardest and it was so hard to resist him…he was soo freaking cute, she thought. He wanted her to meet him at his office after she talked to Christopher and although she was sad to be doing this, she was so happy that she could burst. Taylor Caldwell loved her…she was on cloud nine.

As she walked down the hall to Christopher’s apartment, her cloud began to dissipate. She arrived at Christopher’s apartment, and rang the doorbell. A few minutes later, a female wrapped in a beige cotton sheet appeared at the door, grinning.

“Hi, can I help you?” the tall, light skinned, gorgeous black woman with the mass of curly, light brown hair asked..

“Rach, is that the pizza?” Christopher asked, walking in with a towel wrapped around his waist. When he saw Janae, his mouth dropped.

“No, I’m not the pizza guy. Now, I really don’t feel bad about saying this…we’re over Christopher,” Janae replied as she turned to walk away. Christopher moved past Rachel and grabbed Janae by her arm. Rachel just shook out her curly, wild, hair with her hand, laughed and walked back to the bedroom to wait on Christopher.

“Don’t be too long, Chris. I’m getting cold,” Rach yelled as she walked back into the bedroom. Janae just shook her head. What the hell?

“Get your hand off of me,” Janae said as she looked at the bastard.

Christopher removed his hand from her arm and shrugged his shoulders. “What are you doing here? Why didn’t you call first?”

Janae looked at him like he was crazy. “I never had to call before, but you don’t have to worry about that anymore.”

“Come on Janae, I mean…we weren’t serious and did you honestly believe that you were the only woman I was seeing?” he asked, his blue eyes staring into hers.

Janae laughed. “Yeah, because that’s what you told me. I believed you.”

“Oh, I did, didn’t I?” Christopher said, scratching his head. He was so slow, she thought.

“Yeah, you did,” Janae said with an attitude.

Christopher sighed. “Look, why don’t you give me a few minutes so we can really talk,” Christopher said as Janae smiled. If she wasn’t dumping him, the situation that she found him in would take more than a few minutes. What the hell did I see in him, she thought. Then, she glanced at his face, his tan chiseled chest and that six pack.

Oh yeah…that’s what I saw, she thought, then she cleared her head and spoke to him.

“No, we don’t need a few minutes,” Janae said.

“Yeah, we do. I mean, we both agreed to keep this thing light, to not get too serious. Hell, you wouldn’t even have sex with me…I mean, me!” Christopher exclaimed as Janae laughed.

“Oh Lord. Can you be more conceited?” Janae asked.

“It’s not conceit…it’s the truth. Look, I can have any woman I want sexually, but you never let it get past groping and kissing. I mean, I know it wasn’t me, but now that I think of it….I think I know why you never wanted to have sex with me,” Christopher stated.

Janae smiled at him. “You do huh? I know I know why. Because you’re a gorgeous, single, completely hetero dancer who travels the world and I figured you slung your dick into anything that moved. I never really trusted you, and I’m glad I didn’t invest more time or emotion into…whatever the hell this was,” Janae said.

“No, the reason you wouldn’t get serious with me or anybody is because of that Taylor Caldwell guy. I saw the way he looked at you and the way you tried not to look at him at your party. The guy hated my guts and stared at you the entire evening. And every other time that we were together, the guy looked at me like he wanted to pummel me with his bare hands. So don’t go there, Janae. You never intended for us to go any further and for that, I’m glad I didn’t fall for you. It wouldn’t have been good for me to fall in love with a woman who was in love with another guy. So, I’m glad I did date around while we were together,” Christopher responded as Janae gripped her shoulder bag tighter and grinned.

“Okay. Well, I’m sure I’ll see you around, Christopher, I mean, at auditions, on video sets, etc. Have fun with Rach and enjoy your pizza,” Janae said as she walked away from Christopher, feeling a little better with each step she took away from him.
*********************************************************

Taylor was walking around his office whistling and smiling. Janae still loved him…Cameron didn’t kill him…and Janae would be his soon. He was looking over a few reports, with his coffee in one hand, while walking to his chair with the reports. As soon as he sat down, he turned his back to the door. Josslyn burst into his office, slamming the door with a grin. She scared the living daylights out of him and he let her know.

“Holy shit, Joss! You’ve got to stop doing that! What is wrong with you? That kid is going to be completely ass backwards, you know that!” he exclaimed pointing to his 7 month pregnant sister.

“Oh, give me a break. I can do what I want to do. I’m the HBIC. You should be used to me and my shit by now, so get over it. Now, you know the reason I’ve burst into your office like this…you and Janae are finally out of the closet! I’m so happy for you two!” Josslyn said as Taylor smiled.

“Who told you?” Taylor asked. This damn family had too many mouths that flapped, he thought.

“You know Tav called me the minute you left their house. I’m very proud of you. I mean, you’ve held all of this in for so long and you waited…I don’t have patience like that, but I forgot…you’re like mommy that way,” Josslyn said as Taylor sighed.

“Thanks…I think,” Taylor said.

“Now you can stop walking around here like one of those bad country songs…my woman left me for the Fed Ex guy with a blind, lame leg dog...the car engine blew up and I can’t even get to work...my arthritis is aching and I have one good eye…that kind of shit,” Josslyn said. She loved to needle him, even when she knew he didn’t act that way. It was just fun as hell.

“You need help…seriously,” he said as his secretary buzzed him.

“Yes, Monica,” he answered.

“There’s a Ms. Janae Bromwell here to see you,” she said as he smiled. He had a conference call in 20 minutes, so he just had to watch the time.

“You can send her in,” he said as Josslyn grinned.

“Don’t say anything remotely stupid to her…oh, I forgot who I was talking to. It’s a part of your DNA,” he said as Josslyn gave him the finger.

Janae walked into his office and didn’t get to close the door when she was attacked by Josslyn and her stomach. Josslyn hugged her around the neck.

“I’m so happy for you two…I knew it, I knew it! So, you’re really going to have sex with Taylor. Good luck to you, because if you blink, you may miss it,” Josslyn said as Janae laughed.

“Out Joss,” Taylor said.

Josslyn kissed Janae on the cheek. “Call me…lunch next week.”

“You got it,” Janae said as Josslyn smiled.

“We got a conference call in 20 so, no ideas about bumping and grinding…wait…20 minutes…that may be too much time for you, bro,” Josslyn said with a grin.

“Out!” Taylor exclaimed as the door closed. Janae was laughing because that’s just what Joss did…she made you laugh. Janae leaned against his door and laughed. She was dressed in a short black flirty skirt, with black tights, a denim jacket and a white blouse. She was so casual, but she looked so good to him, he thought.

“Hello,” she said laughing.

“Hey. How are you?” he asked.

“I’m good…and you?” she asked trying to get her laughter under control.

“I’d be better if you stopped laughing. You find that funny?” Taylor asked as he walked to the front of his desk and leaned against it. Janae dropped her purse on the sofa in his office and walked towards him. She stood in between his legs and put wrapped her arms around his neck. Taylor’s hands clasped together and pulled her by the waist.

“Yes, I do. Joss is a fool…always has been. Besides, I know better,” Janae said as she smiled at him. She leaned over and placed a soft peck on his lips.

“That’s true, you do know. First things first…I need some sugar…I need those lips,” he said as Janae kissed him again. Taylor kissed her back, then let her lips go, as he looked down into those eyes that drove him crazy.

“Now that we got that out of the way…really, baby, how are you? How did it go?” Taylor asked.

Janae smiled, then she told him what happened. “I guess I didn’t have too much to be angry about, but I’m still pissed. He was cheating on me!”

“Aww, your ego’s a little bruised right now, isn’t it?” he asked.

“Yeah. I mean, I don’t look like hot sex on a platter like homegirl did, but I think I’m cute,” Janae said.

Taylor looked into her eyes and smiled. “You’re very cute. ‘Tis a sad situation, but his loss is my gain. And the sex on a platter part…you got that down pat to me.” Taylor leaned down and captured her lips with a kiss that made her forget what she was talking about.

He pulled his lips away and looked at a dazed Janae. “Would you like to have dinner with me, tonight, around 8, at Europa?” he asked.

Janae nodded yes. “That sounds good.”

Taylor grinned, then began to place soft kisses on her neck. “Okay. Then maybe, we could go to my place and spend some time together.” During the kisses on her neck, Taylor was thinking in song and ‘Let’s Get It On’ was the theme music in his head at the time.

I've been really tryin', baby
Tryin' to hold back this feelin' for so long
And if you feel like I feel, baby
Then come on, oh, come on
Whoo, let's get it on
Ah, babe, let's get it on
Let's love, baby
Let's get it on, sugar
Let's get it on
Whoo-ooh-ooh


His lips left her neck and found her lips again, kissing her passionately, his hands grabbing both buttocks in his hands. He groaned as he kissed her.

Janae kissed him back, her hands in the hair on the nape of his neck. Taylor had her insides melting, she thought, as she moaned when those lips attacked her neck again.

“That sounds wonderful, but Taylor, even though I want to…I think we need to take it slow, have a few dates, you know,” Janae said, loving the feel of his hair as she curled her fingers in it.

Taylor’s lips left her neck and the theme music in his head went rrrip…like the sound of a needle scratching a record.

“Huh…what?” Taylor asked as Janae smiled at him.

“Look, I know you want to…because I want to…but you know what I really want? I want what we had that week. I want this to be like a new beginning, a fresh start. I want to go out to dinner, I want to go dancing, I want to stay in and watch TV….” Janae said as Taylor interrupted her.

“But with no sex,” he said as she smiled.

“Just for a little while. I mean, we need to act like normal people who date act, don’t you think?” Janae asked.

Spoken like a true woman, he thought. Taylor was as hard as a brick. You really want to know what I think, baby, he thought...I need to do you…on this desk…or in this chair…or on that sofa before I fuckin’ burst, but he didn’t say that. As usual, he was feeling what Janae was saying and he sighed.

“But we’re not normal, baby girl…we’re different…and I’m horny…I’m really horny. I mean you feel me so you know and you’re so close and you feel so good and you smell heavenly…shit…what were you saying again?” Taylor asked as he sighed once more, thinking about how bad he wanted her.

“No booty for a while… that’s what I was saying…just for awhile,” Janae said with a small grin.

“You’re not going to make me wait a year or something like that, because I may die. I mean, my palms are getting a little rough, baby…you know what I mean?” he asked as Janae laughed. She stroked his face with the palms of her hands.

“You are so going overboard. No, you crazy man. I just want us to get to know each other all over again and I want what every woman wants…some attention, some affection…and there’s so much I have to tell you….things that you don’t know, but you need to know…things that only a few people know,” she replied as she bit her bottom lip.

Taylor sighed and leaned his forehead against hers. “ I can’t believe I’m going to say this but, I understand. Shit, I don’t want to understand…I want to throw you on that couch and…umm…you have no idea what I want to do to you…but…damn it girl, you’re making me soft.”

Janae pulled him closer to her and placed a kiss on his lips. “I thought I was making you hard.”

Taylor grinned at her and laughed. “What am I going to do with you? You would say something like that when I have a meeting in…8 minutes.”

“Well, let me get out of here. I’ve got to go, but I’ll definitely see you tonight…if something comes up, just let me know,” Janae said as she wiped her lipgloss from his lips and stepped away. She grabbed her purse from the sofa and looked at it. Taylor gave her the sexiest grin and looked at the sofa, then her and she laughed.

“Eight minutes is not nearly enough time for that so I’m definitely out of here now. You’re giving me the look and I can’t resist that for long. Rain check,” Janae asked as Taylor walked up to her again and kissed her once more. Janae pulled away from him, smiling that smile that he loved.

“Just as long as I don’t have to wait too long,” Taylor whispered as Janae opened his office door.

“No, not long at all. I’ll see you tonight,” Janae said with a smile as she blew a kiss to Taylor and walked out of his office. Taylor blew out a breath as he watched those sexy legs walk out of his office. Taylor looked at his watch.

“7 minutes is long enough for me to get rid of this…damn girl,” he whispered as he walked into his private bathroom to relieve himself. He hoped that he wouldn’t be doing too much of this for long.