Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 “Have a seat Sonny.” Keesha removed a videotape form her draw placed in her VCR.

 

He removed his coat and scarf and took a seat in front of her desk. “Alright Keesha, you got me down here.”

 

“Scotty is looking to lock you and Jason up for jaywalking if you blink too fast.....” Sonny cut her off.

 

“....Should I take this to mean that you’re concerned.”

 

“For Jason yes.” Keesha pressed the play button as she eased into her chair behind her desk.

 

“……Manny Taglioti killed Mike. Now I know we didn’t have the best relationship but he was the only father I had. And we both know he was responsible for what happened on the docks…” Make it clean and send a clear message…” The tape ended with Sonny ordering Jason to kill Taglioti on the same night he was found dead in his residence.

 

Sonny turned away from the television to face her. “Can I ask where you got this tape?”

 

“You can ask me anything you want. It doesn’t necessarily guarantee you an answer. But in any case, I can’t tell you where this came from.” Keesha didn’t like Sonny. She never did. But she always had a civil understanding with him.

 

“I take it you haven’t showed Baldwin.”

 

“Well if I had, you and Jason would have been awaiting execution.” 

                                                              

“Can you do me a favor and keep this between us?”

 


He was asking her to conceal evidence. She had no right to be offended because it was exactly what she was doing, for now anyway. “I know you don’t respect the law Sonny and incidentally that also includes me. But Jason told me he didn’t do this and I believed him. So tell me who might have killed Manny and I’ll see how long I can hold onto this.”

 

“I don’t know who killed Manny. And in spite what you might think of me, I have the utmost respect for you. But Scotty’s dirty just like Taggert was. If you show him this, he’s not going to care that Jason didn’t do it. We both know that.

 

“You’re calling Scotty dirty, now there’s a twist. I’m sure whoever gave me this, made copies.”

 

“So maybe you should start checking with my enemies. Lets see, there's AJ, Alcazar, Ric, pick one." Keesha stared at him with a vexation that made him grin. "What! I know what you're thinking, they are all of your exes but AJ hates Jason and me. Lorenzo hates Jason and me. Ric hates Jason and me.

 

Keesha was actually quite amused with Sonny's reasoning and hoped it didn't register on her face. "I’ll give you one week Sonny”.

 

“I appreciate you showing me this. Whatever happens, I’m not going to let Jason go down for this." Sonny rose from his chair and placed his scarf back around his neck. He held his jacket over his arm as he extended his free one to Keesha. She reluctantly accepted it as Scotty walked in just in time to take in the image before him.

 

"Well, well, well, isn't this all nice and cozy. I have my number one detective shaking hands with my number one suspect, in everything no doubt. Wait a minute, wait one minute, what's missing?" He turned and looked at Sonny, who shook his head. Then he turned back to Keesha. "Or better yet, who's missing? Could it be, Jason Morgan? So Ward, what's going on here, Corinthos made you an offer you just couldn't refuse."

 

"Well I wish I could stay for the fun but I have to go. I hope I was able to help out with your investigation miss Ward." He shot Scotty a forewarning glance and strolled out of Keesha's office.

 

"So what's his story?” Scotty sat in the chair previously occupied by Sonny and placed his legs atop Keesha's desk.

 

"He gave me a couple of leads, he thinks might be helpful to my case."

 

"Oh please, what is he, an imbecile? He and Jason are guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. And if he thinks throwing a few phony names on the plate is going to slow me down, he's got another thing coming."

 

"If there's nothing else Scott, please take your size tens off my desk and get out of my office."

 

Scott swung his legs off her desk and rose to his feet. "Size tens huh? You hit it right on the nose miss Ward. If I didn't know any better, I would be flattered."       

 

"Well luckily for you Scott, you know better". She waited for him to exit her office before removing the tape, placing it an envelope and securing it in her desk draw.