Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Deacon Sharp is a former character from The Bold and the Beautiful play by Sean Kanan. 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

“Hey baby. Did you miss me?” Deacon Sharpe entered her office just as Scotty exited.

 

It was like Grand Central Station in here today, Keesha thought. “Hey Deacon, welcome home baby?” She was trying to sound animated about him returning home and hoped she was able to pull it off. She had been with Deacon for six months and for the past five she was trying to find a way to break it off. Keesha reluctantly embraced and welcomed him into a kiss.

 

“A couple hours ago.” He lied he’s been back since yesterday afternoon. “I came straight from the airport to see my favorite girl. Can we get out of here so you can welcome me home appropriately?”


 

“Deacon, I can’t. I have a tremendous amount of work I need to finish, especially with Mac out of town.”

 

Deacon placed himself to stand directly in front of her and lowered his lips onto hers. “So you’re telling me, you can’t take one hour off to be with me.”

 

Keesha liked him. He was always there when she needed him. They hardly ever argued and he was great to talk to. She knew she would never love him. But he was a pleasant distraction. “No, I’m telling you I can’t leave this second. I can’t just drop everything Deacon. This case is kind of a big deal.” Keesha uncomfortably eased out of his grip and force a sincere smile.  “So, tell me about Los Angeles. How’s your Club?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about LA or my club Keesha. I want to talk about us and why you’ve been so distant lately.”

 

 “I know I have and I’m really sorry but I can’t leave right now.” Keesha knew Deacon had given her his mind, body and soul and he loved her completely. But she finally learned to stop hating herself for not being able to return his feelings.

 

“Don’t apologize. You’ll make it up to me tonight. I’ll make sure of it.” Deacon sensed something was wrong. It was the same something that had been wrong with them these past few months. Jason. He remembered when he went over to Keesha’s apartment last month and found Jason there. Of course Keesha explained it was just business as usual but the look on Jason’s face told a totally different story. Before he reached the door he turned back towards her. “Babe, we’re okay right?”

 

“We’re always okay.” She lied again. It was becoming so much easier with time. “I’ll see you tonight.”

 

 As he closed the door she let out a heavy sigh and sunk into her chair. She knew they were never really okay. Besides their relationship was supposed to be based on sex with no long-term anything. Unfortunately he broke the rules by falling in love with her. And she broke the rules by falling in love with Jason again. Something she had promised herself she would never do. So she needed a distraction and Deacon was perfect.

 

*********

 

“Someone videotaped the whole damn conversation Jason and it made it’s way into Keesha’s hands. She’s said she’ll hold onto it as long as she can but I need you to get that tape from her office and bring it to me.”

 

“Why? I know for a fact Keesha not going to give it to Baldwin.” Jason seemed incredibly annoyed that Sonny was sending him on another errand to Keesha’s office.

 

Sonny always took notice of the change in Jason’s demeanor when he disagreed with him. “I understand your situation with her but I need you to understand ours. I’ll sleep better tonight knowing it’s in my possession. Get the tape.”

 


Jason nodded and reluctantly agreed.

 

“What did you find on Johnny?”

 

“Nothing that we don’t already know.”

 

“I need you to get on this Jason. My merchandise is destroyed, Mike is dead thanks to Manny who somehow got all of our private information. I got Johnny stepping out on me. I need to know everyone he’s been in contact with over the past twelve months. I’ll call you later. Don’t disappoint me Jason.” Sonny walked up the stairs and into his awaiting limo.

 

Jason headed to Keesha’s office.