Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the lengthy delay between chapters. My time management is a mess.:)


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Friday Afternoon

Alejandro

 

Jason, Mac and Keesha were picked up by limo from the airport. They arrived at Ambassador’s Marcel Alejandro’s home around noon. He and his housekeepers greeted them at the entrance.

 

“Mr. Scorpio welcome. How was your flight? Everything was to your satisfaction?”

 

“Everything was fine Ambassador. That you for you hospitality.”

 

“And your guest?”

 

“Oh this is my friend and colleague Keesha Ward and this is her friend, Jason Morgan.”

 

Alejandro gave Keesha the once over and smiled then returned his attention to Mac. “Mr. Scorpio, a word please.” He did not acknowledge Jason.

 

 “I invited you and your friend, Ms. Ward, Mr. Scorpio. I was not expecting you to bring anyone else into my home uninvited. One would consider that…how do you say…rude.”

 

“That was not my intension Ambassador. I really didn’t think it would be a problem. I told Keesha she could come down here and relax for a few day and she decided to bring the fiancé. You know…women. I apologize if I offended you.”

 

“The fiancé eh?”

 

Mac and Alejandro walked back over to Keesha and Jason. “Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I look forward to having you as my guest at tomorrow night GALA celebration. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to meet my wife for brunch.”

 

“What was that about Mac?”

 

“I told him I would inviting you, not Jason. When he saw you he became suspicious, so I told him that Jason was your fiancé. So lets go over our stories again and prepare for tomorrow.”

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Mac

 

“Robert, when are you going to give up your paradise and head back to Port Charles?”

 

I don’t know Malcolm. I’ve left it in good hands. Besides, I’ve got the sand, the sun, cheap room and board and my thrice ex- wife. Isn’t that right love?”

 

“Well I wouldn’t mind moving back home. There are a lot of great memories there. And I wouldn’t mind working for my brother-in law again.” Anna handed Mac and Robert their drinks before heading back inside.

 

“I would love to have you Anna. Now if you could talk some sense into my brother.”

 

“I have plenty of sense. And let me just go on record and say, wild horses couldn’t drag me back to Port Charles. Now, how is your host treating you Mac?”

 

“He’s been a bloody peach. Keesha is having lunch with the misses today. And before I forget to tell you, she brought Jason along.”

 

“Jason Morgan?”

 

“The one and only. Keesha has this on again off again thing with him. She ends up telling him about the investigation and he offered to help.”

 

“He offered to help with his own investigation? How very thoughtful of him. What’s even more thoughtful is that you agreed to it.”

 

“I need to trust that Keesha knows what she’s doing. She’s not going to screw me over a second time for Jason. So what do you have for me?”

 

“Well apparently Alejandro paid of a guy in Port Charles to kill his own cousin. Manny never stood a change. Not that I care one way or the other. I just find it appalling that family could be so cold to one another. Anyway, the guy he hired is named Deacon Sharpe.” Mac’s expression said it all. “I take it you know the name.”

 

“That’s Keesha’s boyfriend.”

 

“I thought you said she was with Jason?”

 

“It’s a long story that even I can’t explain right now. What about Deacon?”

 

“Deacon is working for someone in Port Charles who wanted Manny dead. They contacted Alejandro and he paid Deacon to take care of it.”

 

“It’s funny he never stuck me for a murderer.”

 

“It’s about the money Mac. Everyone has their price at some time or another. Deacon’s price was set to the tune of one million dollars.”

 

“So Deacon killed Manny and is setting up Jason and Sonny to take the fall. Well it makes perfect sense to set up Jason, that where Keesha comes in, but why Sonny?”

 

“Maybe he figured kill two birds with one stone. Whatever his reasons are it looks like your guys are innocent, of this crime anyway. To be clear Malcolm, Alejandro knows I’m investigating him. The only reason he invited you here was to make sure the media got some great photos with the police chief’s brother. It’s great publicity and great for his public image. And also a slap in the face to me.”

 

“Sorry for the delay guys. Lunch is on the balcony.” Anna finished setting up the table for the authentic Mexican lunch she learned to make three days ago.

 

“So now I have to find a way to tell Keesha that her boyfriend is a murderer.”

 

“Which one Deacon or Jason?” Both Robert and Mac turned towards Anna “Sorry, just a little bad humor to go with lunch.”

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Keesha

 

Thanks for inviting me to lunch. Mrs. Alejandro.”

 

“Please call me Yvelissa.”

 

“Yvelissa it is. And please call me Keesha.”

 

“So did you find out anything new with the investigation?”

 

“I’m not investigating anything, but I thank you for asking.”

 

Yvelissa tossed her hair to the side as she repositioned herself. “Let’s not insult each other’s intelligent Keesha. I know you and Mr. Scorpio came down he to help his brother with his case. And your fiancé, Jason Morgan, came down her to help you dig up dirt on my husband.”

 

“You know I’m not engaged to Jason?”

 

“Of course I know. I’m a woman. My husband on the other hand, thinks you are happy as pie.”

 

“So Yvelissa, since we are being frank, do you know who killed Manny?”

 

She took a sip from he glass and carefully dabbed the sides of her mouth with her napkin before tossing her hair to the side again. “My husband had Manny killed. But don’t get to excited Keesha, you’ll never be able to touch him.”

 

“You seem pretty confidant of that fact.”

 

“I am. I wouldn’t be sitting here making small talk with you otherwise.”

 

“And here I thought you were just being polite.”

 

“Like I was saying Keesha, you’ll never find any evidence or witnesses that will link my husband to anything.”

 

“There’s you.”

 

“That’s laughable. Unfortunately for you, I would never turn on my husband. Cheat on him, yes. Turn him in, no. The same way you would never turn on your man.”

 

“No offense, but you don’t know me well enough to know what I’ll do.”

 

“You’re a detective in love with a hit-man for the mob. That’s all I need to know. The same way you protect yours, I protect mine.”

 

Keesha wasn’t going to dispute her. Yvelissa was right to a certain degree.

 

“Yes I know all about Mr. Morgan and you for that matter. You didn’t think I would invite you into my home without taking the necessary precautions. Don’t worry I’ve kept the minor details from my husband.” She took a bite of her salad and another sip from her glass.

 

Keesha studied her. Yvelissa thought herself as a strong independent woman. But she was only a mobster’s wife who knew her place in line. Keesha effortlessly changed the subject. “You said your husband killed Manny.”

 

“No I said my husband had Manny killed. Big difference.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Your fiancé and Sonny Corinthos had the perfect motive. Manny murdered Sonny’s father, Manny ends up dead, they become the number one suspects and they get arrested. Marcel takes control of Sonny’s territory, simple.”

 

“Can I ask you why you’re telling me all of this Yvelissa?”

 

“I have my reasons. But don’t worry Keesha, I’m sure they have a wonderful attorney. Well look at the time. You are more than welcomed to stay and finish lunch. I have to go and get ready for tonight.”

 

“It’s only two o’clock and I don’t think this conversation is anywhere close to being finished.”

 

“I have something I need to tend to. I have a special surprise in store for tonight and I want everything to be perfect. Now if you’ll excuse me.” Before Keesha could voice another word, her heels were echoing off the balcony and towards the house.

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Jason

 

Jason was meeting with Marcel Alejandro at his other home in the hills, the one that was for his business and his personal use. “Mr. Alejandro you have Mr. Morgan here to see you.” A large burly gentleman with a scar just above his right brow wearing a suit about one size too small entered the game room. Alejandro motioned for him to send Jason in.

 

He remained seated watching an episode of The I Love Lucy Show. “Listen to this line Jason.” ‘But I don’t want to Ricky waaaaaaaaaah!’ He mouthed the words that he heard numerous times then burst into a fit of laughter. “I loved this show. You don’t watch much TV, do you Morgan?” Jason remained stoned face as he shook his head. “This is a classic. You should…how do you say? Check it out.”

 

Jason invited himself to a seat across from his host. ‘So was this the part of the plan you forgot to tell me about, setting me and Sonny up for murder?”

 

“Jason, you worry too much. Here let me get you a drink.” He walked over to the bar and opened a Guinness Stout, Jason’s favorite. “Jason we’ve known each other for what, five years now? When are you going to learn to trust me?”

 

Five years ago Sonny ordered Jason to kill Alejandro for control of the Mexican border. Upon learning that he was also the intended victim of a hit ordered by Sonny, thanks to Alejandro, Jason decided he could benefit from an alliance.

Alejandro liked Jason and he trusted him. Jason however, limited his circle of trust to only a chosen few.

 

“I have a video tape out there with a full confession to Manny’s murder and you want to talk about trust?”

 

“You will not be going to jail for murdering Manny, Alexis Davis and Deacon Sharpe will.” Jason slowly lowered the bottle from his lips and provided Alejandro with his full attention. See Jason…trust.”

 

“Alexis Davis was obsessed with getting back at Sonny for ruining her life. When she became pregnant, he left her and went back to Carly. She lost all of her clients and her practice for her relationship with Sonny.  But of course you know all of this.” He turned off the television and continued. “After Manny killed Mike, Alexis went to him and gave him files on Sonny and his organization. That’s when I met her for the very first time. She…how do you say” Recruited Deacon, knowing he could be bought. I paid him and he shot Manny with Sonny’s gun, which was provided by Alexis. Deacon followed you and Sonny around for the next few days and taped you and Sonny talking about killing Manny.”

 

“This is about you and Alexis setting Sonny up?”

 

“My alliance it with you Jason. Not Him. I don’t forget. I haven’t forgotten that he sent you here five years ago to kill me. Apparently you have. The guy tries to kill you and you continue to work for him. You trust him but yet you refuse to trust me. I don’t get you.”

 

“You don’t need to get me Marcel. And I’m only going to say this once. Leave Sonny alone. What happened five years ago was five years ago. Let it go.”

 

The stemware that lay atop the bar went crashing into the wall and onto the floor with one swipe of his arm. “Let it go? Okay Jason, because you asked and I consider you a friend, I’ll let it go, this time.” He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply to calm his nerves.

 

“There is something I don’t follow. Why would you pay someone to have your cousin killed?”

 

“Manny found out about our partnership. He was threatening to tell Sonny. You and I both know you would have been killed. Like I said Jason, I consider you a friend more that I ever considered Manny family. Also, I was having an affair with Alexis at the time and it turned her on.”

 

“I need to get back. Keesha is waiting for me. I’ll see you tonight.”

 

“Ahh, your fiancé. Mac Scorpio is one sharp detective. Well I look forward to the two of you joining me tonight. My wife has a surprise plan. I need to be ready for anything. Oh and Jason, speaking of detectives, do you know what Robert Scorpio has on me?”

 

“As far as I know, you have a contact in Port Charles and they’re trying to figure out who that is.”

 

Marcel Alejandro nodded in acknowledgement.

 

 

 

Saturday Night

Mac & Keesha 

 

 

Keesha tried Jason cell phone again while impatiently waiting to hear from him. He headed into town early this morning and she hadn’t heard from him since. She slipped into her white spaghetti strapped Donatella Versace dress just as Mac knocked on her door.

 

He told her about lunch with Robert and Anna and she told him about lunch with Yvelissa. She wasn’t surprised that Deacon would set Jason up. He hated Jason. She was surprised that as a police officer and his girlfriend, she didn’t figure this out her own.

 

“So how do you want to handle that when we get back?” Mac saw the stress and disdain in her face. She passed her hand through her hair and tore out the pin that was holding it together, tossing it to the side.

 

“Don’t worry about me Mac. I know exactly how to handle Deacon. The entire time I was trying to spear his feelings he was playing me.”

 

“It’s kind of like you cheating on him with Jason. So where is Morgan?”

 

Keesha ignored Mac’s sarcasm. “Your guest is as good as mine. I haven’t seen him since this morning. He said he had to go see a man…about a job.” Her intended humor lightened the mood amidst the current situation.

 

“Can I ask you something personal Keesha?”

 

“You never needed my permission before.”

 

“Tell me you know what you’re doing and mean it.”

 

“I know what I’m doing and I mean it. Do you still trust me?”

 

“Don’t I always? And speaking of trust, I hope you trust that Jason is not going to screw it up for us tonight.”

 

“Mac I’m usually a really good judge of character and I hope you won’t hold these past few months against me.”

 

“I know I should. But I won’t. I just wish that while you were looking for the next guy to replace Jason with, you had put a little more thought into it. I understand that you love the guy but that is no excuse for your lack of judgment. And when this is over you are remanded to three weeks paid vacation.” Keesha rose from the sofa and embraced him in a much-needed hug.

 

 “Thank you Mac. I just need to fix my hair again and I’m ready, except for my zipper, which seems to be stuck. And by the way, you really are a fabulous boss.”

 

“I know.” Mac moved behind Keesha and grabbed her waist to help with the zipper that refuses to budge. In walks Jason.

 

“There you go love.” Mac managed to get her zipper up all the way. Jason look of annoyance did not go unnoticed by either of the two detectives.

 

“Jason! We were um…just finishing up here.” She and Mac smiled at each other and continued to feed Jason’s curiosity. “So, did you find out anything?”

 

“I met with a few people today and I found out who killed Manny.”

 

“Did you now?” Mac folded his arms and glanced at Keesha. “And who would that be?”

 

Jason was clearly irritated with Mac. “Keesha I’m sorry to have to tell you this, but Deacon was the one who shot Manny.”

 

“And how did you come to find this out Jason?”

 

“I have my sources.”

 

“Care to share with the rest of us.”

 

“No.”

 

“I know about Deacon Jason. Mac found out earlier today.”

 

“See Jason, it looks like you weren’t needed in Mexico after all.”

 

“Did you also find out that Alexis was the one that hired Deacon in the first place to set up Sonny?” Jason went on to explain Alexis’ part in the murder leaving out a few minor details of course.

 

“Well it looks like we got what we came for. I’m going to head down to the ballroom. I suggest the two of you do the same.” Mac winked at Keesha before exiting the room.