[Reviews - 40] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary:

 John and Evangeline Feelin' Love

Evangeline Williamson has decided she and John McBain can't go on the way they have been. One moment of recognizing exactly where they stand, forces her to lay her heart on the line and causes her to take a risk she knows could blow up in her face. But our girl is tough and Johnny Mac needs to know what's really worth fighting for is love.

 

I own nothing and no one but the story.


Rated: Mature Content
Categories: Daytime Television
Characters: Evangeline Williamson
Classification: Cannon
Genre: Drama, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: Jovan (One Life to Live)
Warnings: Adult Situations, Sexual Content
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 47427 Read: 53574
Published: June 17 2011 Updated: May 26 2015
Story Notes:

So excited to be posting my first story on here. Yay!

I don't own these characters because if I did you best believe OLTL would not be cancelled and JoVan would have been endgame all the way. Can I get an amen on that?

The story IS mine and I have no problem with anyone printing it for their personal use or reposting it on other sites as long as you ask me first and give the credit where it's due. Ask and it shall be given to you! Unlike, the devil Frons over at ABCDummy who was asked many times to back JoVan and save OL and didn't give a fig. LOL.

 

1. Don't Wanna Try by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (6769 words)

I posted this back in `06 on the John and Evangeline Archives site. I've tweaked it just a tad, but it is 99% the same.

The songs inspired in the first chapter is Frankie J's amazing Don't Wanna Try and an oldie but goodie I Don't Know How To Love Him by the incomprable Helen Reddy.

I have been a fanfic writer of different fandoms since this genre of writing started and that was when I was thriteen (almost fifteen years ago!) and it's how I open the creative juices to work on my own orginal fiction.

I've been a fan of the chamber for almost four years now and I love the stories that come one here. I'm excited to do my first posting! I was kind of intimidated after having lurked on these board for the past four years. So many great writers on here need to be published like Mamba, Omni, Token, etc. that it can really put you off your sqare. LOL. Hope you enjoy.

2. Frightened by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 1] (7381 words)

Second chapter is up for your pleasure. The song used in this is Frightened by Toby Lightman. One of the best songs ever made. I suggest everyone check it out on youtube. I made a JoVan video called Frigtened: A JoVan Story and I think I may upload it later. Enjoy.

3. I Shall Believe Pt. 1 by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 1] (3219 words)

Alright, this is one of my favorite songs people. I am the type of person who fees that film, be it television shows or movies, are extricably linked with the music assigned to it. And really when I write my stories it's usually based on a song that has put me in the mood to create characters or a story for familiar characters. I love brigning my two great loves together and I hop you enjoy this next chapter inspired by Sheryl Crow's I Shall Believe. I had owned this CD since it had come out. And being ten at the time, I had only really listened to the hits. Then years later a show named Roswell came out and the lead characters Max and Liz danced to this song. It was so romantic and sad and you totally should buy the DVDs or watch a few episdoes online, because it was a great show. And listen to the song while you're at tit. You will not be disappointed. 

4. I Shall Believe Pt. 2 by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (7388 words)

Thia ia it lovelies. This was just a short fic to give you guys a taste of my writing style. Thanks for all the lovely compliments and welcomes. Now I am off to Reread for the billionth time Anna's Boys because I can't sleep!

5. Feelin' Love by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 1] (2324 words)

Thanks for all the reviews!

This song, Feelin Love by the amazing Paula Cole was featured on the City of Angels CD but having already been a fan of hers since she sang as a background singer for Peter Gabriel's Secrets tour years before, I had already owned her CDs. This song is so sensual, and it wasn't until I became an adult that I understood how friggin sexy it was.

Okay on with the show. And please recognize Ms. Cole for the awesomness that is her vocal abilities.

6. I Love You (Interlude) by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 1] (1079 words)

Since this story was so done long ago, anything after chapter four has just been me winging it. LOL. I never expected this to be anymore than those few chapters, but everytime I try to wrap it up little things just get in there and pull me back. Let's see where this all goes shall we?

The song for this chapter is I Love You from Sarah McLachlan's Surfacing album. It is one of the most beautiful songs ever. It's so simple but profound and to me that is an essential trait in JoVan's relationship. The outside forces were the complicated but what they had was simple and true. Enjoy.

7. Dancin' In The Moonlight (Or In The LPD) by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstar (5702 words)

Sorry for the long wait, but life has been uber busy. I'm loving the support though. Thanks to the reviewers and the lurkers. There are a lot of lurkers! LOL. 

 

So just wanna explain a little bit about the timeline. There are some things I moved around for the sake of the story line and also because I feel that this should have been the natural progression of things during JoVan in 05. 

 

As usual, I own nothing but this story. If I did, OLTL would so not be cancelled. Sad that's it's almost over and it's still edning on a bad not from what I've heard. SMH.

 

Also, this song is pretty popular. Dancin' In The Moonlight is one of my happy jams. I love the Toploader version from A Walk To Remember but in this story I'm going with the original.

 

Enjoy!

8. Interlude by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4844 words)

I own nothing and as usual, I'm canon but with a few changes here and there. 

9. Fake Plastic Trees by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 2] (4730 words)

Wow, I can't believe that I've had this chapter finished since early last year and (actually the whole story) and am just posting it now. My only defense is that I never felt that I had it just right and spent a considerable amount of time tweaking it and trying to make sure it was perfect. Hopefully I was able to make realistic the nuance between John and Natalie in a conversation that should have happened on the show and WOULD have were I or any sensible person at the helm of the ship (pun intended).

The inspiration for this chapter is from hands down one of the best songs in the English language: Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead. The Acoustic Version, my all time favorite live performance by the group, is on the Clueless Soundtrack and has been worn out on my playlist since Windows 95 was considered the pinnacle of computer OPs! Thom Yorke & Co are geniuses.

Please enjoy the final chapter before the prologue.

I own nothing but this story and the clothes on my back.

10. Chapter 10 by Vita Consuelo [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3991 words)

Here we come to the end, and honestly, this feels bittersweet. This story has been finished for some time, at least a year but I couldn't quite let it go yet. I've had so much fun reviving and adding to a story that I had finished years ago. But this being the ten year anniverary of the end of Jovan it felt right to post it now. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. And I hope I did the character's justice.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.