Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Episode 2

Time: Same day as previous episode, Midmorning

 

Location: Spencer Publications in LA

 

Justin had just finished looking over the contract that Neil had faxed over.  This guy that Neil was buying from must be a total pushover in business because there was not one ambiguous statement or underhanded clause in the contract.  He wondered if this was how Neil always did business and if these were the kind of people he were used to dealing with.  They were nothing at all like his boy Dollar.  He picked up his phone and dialed Neil’s number.

“Justin.  Tell me things are on the up and up” Neil playfully demanded when he answered the phone.
“Things are on the up and up”

“Are you serious?  So it’s a go?”

“Yeah man.  Sign the papers now before he changes his mind” Justin said playfully.

“Alright, let’s make this happen.  Have you spoken to Bill yet?”

“Not yet.  I wanted to get you this contract back first.  I am about to talk to Bill about it now.”

“Later”

“Bye”

 

Location: Jabot Cosmetics Office Building

Chloe took the files from the assistant and headed for the elevators.  Delia’s birthday was this weekend and she wanted a party.  Her oncologist had finally cleared Delia to go back to school after her recent bout with cancer so Chloe figured that Delia deserved to really celebrate this birthday.  She was thinking about who to add to the guest list when she realized that she could just stop by Ashley’s office to invite her.  Not only was she Chloe’s bosses wife.  But she was Billy’s sister which made her Delia’s aunt.  She exited the elevator and walked to the office door.  It was slightly ajar but she decided to knock anyway.  No one answered.   She pushed the door open and found that the office was empty.  She decided to look for Ashley in the lab.  Although Ashley was an executive, she was also a pretty good chemist.  She knocked on the lab door but didn’t get an answer.  Oh well, she would just tell Tucker to tell her. 

She decided to leave and got on the elevator.  As the doors were closing she noticed Adam Newman coming out of Ashley’s lab.  She found that interesting because he worked for his father’s company, Newman Enterprises.  Why would he be in Ashley’s lab? Why didn’t he answer when she knocked? She knew that Ashley and Adam had been friends two years ago when Ashley was married to Victor Newman.   It’s kinda hard not to be friends with someone when you share the same house.  But she distinctly remembered Billy saying that Ashley hated Adam now.  Maybe they had made up.

 

 Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Abby stood in the waiting room of the hospital crying and shaking.  She really hoped Ricky was going to be okay.  Her mom and Paul should have been here by now.  She knew she was being morose but what if something happened to them on the way.  Like maybe an accident or something.

Dr. Nate came out looking for someone.  Was he looking for her or the next of kin?

“Oh my god Nate.  He’s dead isn’t he? I just know he’s dead.”

He grabbed her shoulders with his hands and gave her a small shake. “Calm down Abby.  He is not dead.  We are still working on him. I came out to see if Paul had arrived so that I could ask a few questions”

“No. Neither he nor my mom is here yet.”

“I have been standing here trying to talk myself out of the thought that they were dead too.”

Nate narrowed his eyes at her.  He probably thought she was as insane as Ricky Williams’ mother.  But she wasn’t crazy.  She would claim high maintenance and high strung, but not crazy. 

“Okay.  I will have the nurses notify me when he gets here.  I’ll be back out later” he said as he walked off in a hurry.

“Well can you tell me what’s happening” she said to his retreating back.

“I can’t Abby. Sorry” he said as he looked over his shoulder and continued walking.

Abby was so scared.  What if Ricky died on her watch?  Then Paul and the Brana’s would all hate her. She started crying anew.  She needed someone to talk to or she would go crazy.  She picked up her phone and began to dial the only friend that she had.

 

Location:  Cold Winter Records Studio

Devon Winters sat in his office talking on the phone to his girlfriend Roxanne Davis.  Devon was still trying to figure out where to place his biological father Tucker McCall and biological grandmother Katherine Chancellor in his life.

“It’s not that I don’t want to know them.  I just don’t trust that they would ever be able to put family above their stupid vendetta” he told Roxy.

“I understand Devon.  But people change.  They make mistakes and they learn from them.  Look at your mom.  She has finally gotten it together.”

“Yeah”.  Devon smiled at the thought.  He had always loved his mother so much.  And he knew she loved him.  She just was not a strong person.  There was something inside her that made her live such a destructive lifestyle for so long.  Even sacrificing her own children.  He prayed that whatever it was in her that allowed her to become addicted to drugs was not something that he carried within himself.  Because of that fear, he had stayed away from all recreational drugs of any kind.  When other kids in college were getting high, he went the other way.  He did have an occasional beer and sometimes drank hard liquor but even moderated that.

“Maybe Tucker and Kay learned something from this.  You will never know unless you give them a chance.  I know you have always wanted to know your biological father.  I remember you telling me how you wished he would rescue you. “

“I don’t need Tucker as my dad anymore.  I have Neil”.  There were no words to describe how much he loved and respected Neil.  He knew Neil loved him and would do anything for him.  He was in awe of that love and wanted to make him proud. 

“Of course not.  Neil will always be your father.  But Tucker could be your friend”. 

“I’ll think about it.  But I will be honest.  I don’t like how Tucker got with my mom and didn’t even know her name.  He can’t even remember her.  It’s just something about that.  It bothers me.  I would never treat a woman that way.”

“Boy, you’d better not ever forget my name” she said with mock attitude.

“I don’t know.  I might” he said.

“Don’t play with me Devon.  You’re not that cute.”

“Where are you right now” he said laughing.

“I am lying in bed.”

His eyes bucked. Then he closed them in an effort to bring up the image.  Unknowingly his voice dropped very low, “So what are you wearing.”

“Don’t start with that.  You’re such a freak”

“Come on.  I just wanted to know what you were wearing.”  He slumped low in his chair so that the desk concealed his lower body from view.

“I thought you were at the studio.  Not at home”. 

“I am at the studio.  It’s early in the morning.  My mom has already stopped by on her way to work and no one else is scheduled.  And I am horny as hell.  You have been gone a full week. “

“Okay” she said softly.

“Yes” he said to himself as he undid the button on his pants and unzipped them. “I’m waiting” he said.

“I am wearing that red lace bra and boy cut panty set. “ She paused then said “And nothing else”. 

“Are you serious” he choked as he felt his stomach muscles clench at the visual. He pulled his underwear down in the front to free himself.  He held himself in a tight grip while he used his thumb to lightly stroke the tip.

“Yes I am serious. So what are you going to do about it?”

“No baby.  I am sitting behind my desk holding myself in my hand.  It’s hard as brick.  The question is what are you going to do about that” he said arrogantly.

“What do you want me to do?”

“What do you want to do?” Roxy could be such a tease. She knew exactly what he wanted to hear.  She knew exactly what to say to get him off.  And when they were in the same city she knew exactly what to do as well.  She was so sexy.  All that soft beautiful brown skin would drive him mad one day he just knew it.  There was nothing better than being on top of her with one of her legs draped over his arm while his other hand was buried in her silky, thick, glorious black hair and his head buried in her fragrant neck as he moved in and out of her to his favorite rhythm.  Their rhythm.  It spoke of familiarity and love. He had almost lost her a while ago.  And he was not going to ever be that stupid again.

“Hhhmm. Maybe I’ll go for a ride or better yet I will take it into my mouth.  Do you want me to suck it baby?” “Oh shit” he thought.  If she kept this up he would be done in a few minutes.  “Yeah I think I will suck it.  I am getting on my knees.  Now I am rubbing my hand up and down your thighs.” He was breathing hard now.  Panting almost as he gripped himself harder and rubbed up and down trying to find the perfect rhythm.  “I am leaning down.  I stick my tongue out and lick the tip very slowly. Hhmmm.  Your leaking baby and it tastes good.” 

“Oh god” he said as he kept stroking himself. He felt his heartbeat pick up.

“I reach out and take it in my hand.  I bend down to take it fully in my mouth…isn’t your phone beeping”

“Huh” he asked confused.

“Your phone.  Don’t you have another call?”

“Oh yeah” he said as he continued to stroke himself. “That’s Abby.  She has called me like 10 times in the last 5 minutes.”

“What.  It might be important.  Don’t you think you should answer?”

“No.  I am almost there.  Come on baby”.

“What if it is an emergency?  What if something has happened to Tucker or something?”

“Fine but you better pick right back up where you left off…and I mean mid moan.”

He heard her laugh as he clicked over to the other line.

“Hey Abby” he said in a rougher tone than he meant.  He wasn’t angry just frustrated.

“Devon” she said crying.  “Are you busy? “

“Are you crying? What’s wrong?”

“I am at the hospital.  Ricky Williams collapsed and I had to help him.  I am here alone and I am really scared.  Can you come here?”

Devon cared about Abby.  She was one of his closest friends and his business partner. So hearing her cry on the other line killed his lust. “Okay Abby. I am on the way”.

He clicked back over to Roxy. “Sweety, we will have to finish this later. I have to go to the hospital.”

“Oh my gosh.  See I told you something was wrong”

“Yeah, I guess you are generally always right.” He laughed.

“What happened?  It’s not Tucker or Ashley is it?”

“No.  Ricky Williams collapsed and Abby was with him when it happened.  She sounded really shaken up.  She asked me to come.  She needs me.”

“Oh. Okay.” Devon could tell in Roxy’s voice that she was confused. He hoped that she wasn’t worried about him and Abby.  He would never cheat on her again.

“Call me in the morning when you get up okay Rox.  Gotta go. Bye”

“Bye”.

 

Location: The Office of Restless Style Magazine

Harmony sat her desk scheduling appointments for the different people that worked at Restless Style.  She had an appointment book for each person and was busy trying to fit people in at requested time.  She didn’t understand why the other assistant that worked there in the afternoons insisted on writing everything on sticky notes instead of using the appointment book.  She had suggested to Billy that they purchase software for scheduling.  But no, Billy insisted on mimicking the father knows best lifestyle.  Thusly, they were all stuck in some 50’s time warp and she was stuck with pen and paper. Maybe she should have accepted that job at McCall Unlimited.  But truth is told she didn’t trust herself around Tucker.  He was married now.  Besides, no way would she lower herself again and be just another warm body to him.

The phone rang and she answered it. “Restless Style, this is Harmony”.

“Hey Harmony, this is Neil”.

“Hey Neil, can I help you with something.  Billy’s not in yet though”

“I am calling to talk to you.  I have a proposition for you”

“Okay” she said slowly.  For the life of her she couldn’t think of any proposition Neil Winters would have for her.  They had become friendly recently but she was sure he still did not trust her very much.

“Well, I know that you work there but I was wondering if you were interested in possibly taking another job “he asked excitedly. “And it will have better pay” he threw in almost as an afterthought it seemed.

“Well I am looking for another gig.  This one is only part time.”

“This one is full time.”

“Tell me what it is first before I decide.”

“Well, I just purchased my own business and my cousin is going to be my right hand.  He needs someone to be his executive assistant.  Well to be honest, more like his personal assistant. But anyway.  He will be in tomorrow and he insisted that he has to have someone right now”.

She could only laugh at this.  He seemed like a very demanding person and she didn’t even know him yet. “He sounds demanding”.

“Well he can be a little overbearing sometimes” Neil said hesitantly.

Harmony smirked.  It must be a Winters male trait.  Even her biological son Devon, whom Neil had adopted, was arrogant and very overbearing.  Well, he did learn all he knew about being a man from Neil.  The Winters nurturing was strong indeed. 

“Harmony, I really want you to do this.  I need people around us that I can trust.  This company is the start of the legacy I want to leave my children.  I know Devon is into music but this is for him too.  And I know that you would do anything for him.  This is a family business and you are family.”  He had obviously taken her silence as indecision.  She really didn’t need to be convinced.  She cared for Neil and wanted to help him. Although she was embarrassed about her behavior the last time she was in town, Neil seemed to have gotten over it. 

“Okay, I will do it”

“Great. Great.  Harmony, I really appreciate this.  Okay.  His name is Christopher Winters”

She wrote down the information she needed on Chris so that she could contact him when she hang up the phone with Neil.

This was her second job offer today.  And for a similar position too.  Now she was glad she turned Tucker down.  She trusted Neil and knew he would do right by her.  He does right by everyone. Folks wanted to rag on him for what happened with Sophia like he wasn’t allowed to make any mistakes.  Harmony hated when some people were held to a higher standard than others.  Sophia could have easily said no herself.   But no one seems upset with her.  She didn’t have to sleep with Neil. On second thought, Neil was scrumptious.  Sophia didn’t stand a chance.

Location:  Spencer Publications in LA

Justin walked into the office of Bill Spencer Jr carrying a white envelope.

“Bill” he said with a grin.

“Justin.  What’s up my man?”

“I have a bit a news.”

“Ho Ho. A bit of news. The last time you had a bit of news it was that you and the little barracuda Logan wife were divorcing.  I still don’t know why.”

“Let’s not get into me and Donna.  And I won’t go into you, Katie, AND Steffy, who is married to your son Liam by the way. Still don’t get why you allowed that.”

“Okay, I see.  The divorce is still a touchy subject.” 

“Pst. Whatever.  On to my news”

“Yes, let’s hear this news”

“Do you remember my cousin Drucilla?  The one that died a few years ago?”

“Hell yeah.  She was so fine. And a model too.  She had those long legs and perfect honey colored skin. And you wouldn’t set me up.”

“I don’t want you dating my cousin. Neither of them. Besides, she was happily married Bill.”

“That’s another thing.  I can’t believe a woman like that would be married to that pole up his butt Neil Winters.  The guy has –

“Okay, okay.  You know who I am talking about.  Anyway, the guy with the pole up his butt has decided to branch out on his own.  And he wants me to be part owner and work there.”

“What?!”

“Yeah.  I told him yes.”

Bill just stared at him. “Damn Justin.  You know you are my only friend.  The only one I trust around here.”

“I know Bill.  But this is about legacy. You received yours from your father and will pass it to your son.  I want something to pass to my son”

“You know this would mean leaving Donna.”

“Why are you telling me that Bill?”

“Because you still want her”, Bill yelled loud enough for the people outside the door to hear.

“I do still want her but she has to want me too.”

“I have seen how she looks at you.  She wants you buddy.”

“Well obviously not enough. And no I will not explain that statement.  So here’s my resignation.  I will be leaving in a week or so”

“Okay. Well we will have to throw a going away party.  I can’t wait to see how Donna reacts when she gets the news.”

They both looked at each other.  Bill smiled and Justin raised his left eyebrow.

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited Offices

Tucker sat behind his desk listening to Chloe run down his appointments and meetings for the afternoon.  And he barely heard what she said.  She would give him a print out anyway.  He still couldn’t stop thinking about her.  “Why did he have to reward himself today of all days”, he thought. He had missed a very important meeting this morning with the owner of Bell Communications.  It was a part of his global strategy.  Currently, each company in his global empire had their own communications department.  Either it was in house or out sourced.  His plan was to purchase Bell and make it the communications supplier for all his companies and possibly allow other companies to use the services.  He wasn’t sure he wanted to do that yet.  He would need to see the numbers on whether it would be a financially sound decision.  There was a lot of competition in that area.  Some really big names too.  He wasn’t going to sweat missing the meeting too much though.   The possibility of sitting down across from her was well worth the risk of losing Bell.  He doubted that he would anyway.

“-I rescheduled the meeting with Bell for next week” he heard Chloe say.

“Next week?”

“Yeah.  When I cancelled this morning the owner wasn’t at liberty to make another appointment because he was already en route here.  I had to contact his secretary to do so.  I spoke with her the first thing when I got here but she said that the owner was swamped the rest of the week and would not be available until then. “

“It’s not a problem. Continue”.    As she did, he descended back into his thoughts about her.

He wondered if she thought about him at all.  He doubted it.  She seemed so oblivious to his attraction to her.  Nor did she seem to want him very much. Then he remembered the look in her eyes when he told her he liked the way she sad his name.  Maybe she does know.

“-one last thing.  Can you tell Ashley that I want her at Delia’s birthday party this weekend.  I went by her office when I was at Jabot this morning but she wasn’t in”. 

“Okay.  Sure I will tell her.  Now, is there anything special Delia wants for her birthday?  Because you know Uncle Tucker will supply it.”

“I’ll let you know.  Thanks”.

When Chloe left, Tucker thought about what she said.  He wondered where Ashley was this morning. She should have been at work.  At least her plan was to work on some formula she was cooking up.  He decided to give her a call.  It went straight to voicemail.

 

Location:  Neil Winters Apartment

Neil sat at his dining room table talking on the phone.

“Thank you again sir.  I promise to maintain your vision for your company.”

“I have confidence in you Neil.  Or I wouldn’t have sold it to you”, the former owner of Bell Communications said. “I know you will make me and my wife proud.  Truth be told, I didn’t want to sell to that other guy.  His outfit was too big to keep the family feel for my employees.”

“I totally understand that.  Do you mind telling me who that person was?”

“It was Tucker McCall.”  Neil’s eye narrowed at the name.  He was sure that Tucker wouldn’t take the loss of this company too bad.  Such a small firm couldn’t have been that big of a deal to him.  

“Did you tell him that you had sold already” Neil asked.

“Nope.  I’ll let you do the honor”

“Thanks again sir”

“No son. Thank you.”

Neil hung up the phone elated.  He couldn’t wait to tell Sophia about this news.  It all happened so fast that he hadn’t had time to tell her.  He was too busy making sure all his ducks were in a row and that he didn’t lose this opportunity. He decided that he would surprise Sophia with dinner tonight.  Maybe even a little dancing.  He picked up the phone to call Lily and see if she wanted to babysit.

His daughter Lily seemed to be doing better.  It was very sad at first when Cane died.  She was distraught and inconsolable.  But it had been almost a year now and she seemed ready to start living again.  With that thought he changed his mind about only taking out Sophia.  Tonight was about their family.  And he wanted them to have a family dinner.  He decided to rent out the private dining area at Colonnade Room.  He would also invite his nephew Nate, Nate’s mother Olivia, and Harmony.

 

Location:  Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Abby sat in a chair looking at the entrance waiting for someone to show up and take the burden of responsibility from her.  Just when she thought she would suffocate under its’ weight, Ashley ran in.

“Mom. Mom.  Thank god.  I was beginning to worry about you too.  You just don’t know.  I was thinking you were going to die too”

“Die too? Oh my god.” She grabbed Abby’s shoulders and shook her vigorously. “Did Ricky die?” She asked as she shook her again for good measure. “Did he?” she screamed.

“I don’t know.  Nate said he wasn’t dead but then he wouldn’t tell me anything else.”

At the moment Paul came running in the hospital.

“Ashley” he said.

Ashley turned and launched herself into his arms raising her own around his neck and running her hands through the hair at the nape of his neck.  “Paul,” she said.  “Everything’s going to be okay”.

“I hope so.”

Abby noticed that his eyes were red.  Well at least she wasn’t the only person crying themselves into a frenzy.

“Let’s go to the nurse’s station and she what we can find out” Ashley said.

They all turned and walked to the nurse’s station.

“Excuse me sir.  My son was brought into the ER a little while ago.  His name is Ricky Williams.”

“Okay.  Dr. Winters has been waiting on you. I’ll get him now”

 

Location: The Office of Restless Style Magazine

Billy Abbot walked into the office of Restless Style still somewhat pissed about Chloe and the detective.

“Morning Billy”

“Good Morning doll face” he said to Harmony.  He couldn’t help himself those dimples were just too cute.

“I have some news”

“Is it Restless Style kind of news?”

“No.  Just personal stuff”

“So then it is Restless Style kind of news”.  Everyone knows that his magazine had turned into a total gossip rag.  People claimed they hated it but he still sold out every copy.

“Naw man.  I have a new job so I am resigning.  Right now. At this moment.”

“What.  What will we do without you.  You know “post it” girl can’t do the job alone.”

“You need to hire someone else”

“You have to give me at least two weeks.  Come on. Come on. You  know you can’t leave me high in dry like this. Look at this face.”  Most women couldn’t refuse him.  He knew that.

“You’re right Billy.  You took a chance on me when no one else would.  I will stay part time for the next two weeks and find you someone competent before my final date.  But I warn you.  I won’t be able to spend as much time here everyday”

“I’ll take what I can get” he said.  When she smiled he playfully grabbed her head with both his hands as he kissed her loudly on the cheek.

He laughed at himself because he knew he only did that so that he could feel those dimples. 

 

Location:  Roxy’s temporary apartment in Paris, France

Roxy lay in bed but couldn’t sleep.  Her phone call with Devon had gotten her aroused without any real way to calm her body down.  She had graduated from college with a BS is Fashion Merchandising and had recently completed her MBA.  She had worked for Forrester Creations in the past as a buyer and now she worked in marketing.  She was ready to take a step up to the executive level.  After she graduated from her undergraduate studies, Lauren Fenmore had offered her a job at Fenmore’s Department stores.  She had turned the job down because she wanted to see the world.  She was born in Genoa City and felt like it was time to leave.  Of course that meant leaving Devon but he had also opted to spend a lot of time in New York for his music.  She missed him so much at times and tonight was the worst it had ever been.  Maybe it was time to return to Genoa City full time.  She was ready to get married and have kids.  She wasn’t sure where Devon was on that subject as they hadn’t discussed a time table since they both were so focused on getting their careers off the ground.  She decided to call Lauren and see if she had a spot for her. She picked up the phone and dialed the number.

“Good morning. May I speak with Lauren Baldwin please.”

“Hold while I transfer you” the assistant said.

After a few minutes she heard that the line had been picked up.

“This is Lauren Baldwin”

“Lauren. Hello.  This is Roxanne Davis.”

“Hi Roxy.  How are you?  Are you tired of Paris yet “ Lauren asked jokingly.

“As a matter of fact.  Yes I am.  That’s why I am calling. I was wondering if you still had a job available for me.”

“Well yes I do sweetheart.  I tried to get you after you graduated but you just had to see the world.  I figured you would get tired of it and want to come home.   I have been waiting on this call.  I didn’t think I would get it so soon though.  Is everything okay?”

“Yeah.  It’s just that I miss my family and Devon so much.  More than I thought I would. I am just tired of being away from them.”

“Ah, I see” Lauren stated.

“You say that like you see more than I stated” Roxy said.

“You are at that age.  You want to be with Devon all the time.  You’re ready to settle down”. 

“Is it that obvious” Roxy said. She wondered if Devon could see that too.  She didn’t want to scare him if he wasn’t ready just yet.

“Only to us women.  We all go through it. Men.  Not so much.” Lauren said jokingly.

“Oh okay”.  Well there went part of Roxy’s hope that Devon was ready for what she wanted.

“So I tell you what Roxy.  Why don’t you tender your resignation and head on home.  I have an executive position as head of merchandising and marketing that I think would be perfect for you.  I will give HR a call and let them know that you will start in say 3 weeks?”

“Okay.  Sounds good”

“And I promise not to tell Devon that you are ready to get married.” Lauren laughed at her own joke.

Roxy rolled her eyes as she realized the sort of teasing that she would have to endure daily working at Fenmore’s.  She almost regretted letting Lauren know how she felt.

“Thanks Lauren”

“Bye sweety”

“Bye”

 

Location:  Lily Winters Ashby’s House

Lily Winters Ashby was a widow living alone with her twins, Charlie and Maddy Ashby.  Her husband had turned out to be the biggest liar alive and had been killed by his own family almost a year ago.  The family had imploded after his death as they began to kill each other off and set each other up with the authorities.  They were either all now dead or in prison for life.  She had loved Cane and was very saddened by his death.  However, her major regret was allowing herself to be made a fool of by him.  She was almost glad that her children would not have to live under such a dark cloud.  Cane’s death had made them safe.  And for that she had learned to be almost thankful that he was gone.  Almost. Because it still hurt.  Lately she had started to feel like she wanted to date again.  Possibly find a stepfather for the kids.  Someone to help her with them.  But at this point, she didn’t trust her own instincts.  Cane had taught her that no matter how smart a person thought they were, they could still be susceptible to being made a fool of by someone.  And she hated the thought.  She was Drucilla Barber Winters’ daughter.  And Drucilla had made a point of not raising any fools. A smile crept across Lily’s face at that thought.   Some days she really missed her mother.  Her father, Neil, tried all he could to be both mother and father to her. But sometimes you just needed a woman’s touch. 

Cane’s death was just a line of tragedies that had touched Lily’s life.  She had found out that Neil was not her biological father.  It didn’t matter to her but it was still very much a disappointment to know that Malcolm was really her father.  To this day she didn’t really know how she was conceived.  And didn’t really want to know.  Then she witnessed her mother’s fall over a cliff as she tumbled to her death right before her eyes.  That was one of the saddest days of her life. Then her best friend Colleen had died of a drowning death.  Lily was then diagnosed with cancer.  Her having the twins was a miracle. She had to have  a complete hysterectomy to survive and had used a surrogate for her babies. Now Cane.  She just couldn’t take anymore loss-

Her ringing phone interrupted her thought. She answered it to hear her father’s voice.

“Hey sweetheart”

“Hi dad”

“How are you?  How are the twins?”

“We’re all fine.”

“Good.  Do you have any plans for tonight?”

“Hhmm.  Let’s see.  Plans for tonight?  Yeah, I have to sail around the world-“

“Okay. Very funny. Anyways, I want to take the entire family out tonight to the Colonnade Room”

“Oh wow. That sounds like fun.  I need to call the baby sitter”

“Nope. Bring the twins.  We will bring Moses. I want everyone there.  I have a big announcement”.

“Oh lord” she thought.  When her father had big announcements it meant he was going to do something that he would later regret.  She knew he felt he had to marry Sophia.  To her father, duty and honor were always paramount.  The only thing that trumped duty and honor was his sense of family.  She also knew that that he loved Sophia.  But she wasn’t sure that her dad was in love with Sophia.  And certainly not the way Malcolm was.  But then, she didn’t think that Sophia was in love with her dad either.  She had seen her in love and this was not even close.

“Okay. We’ll be there.”

“Alright.  Kiss my grandkids for me”

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye baby”

 

Location:  McCall Unlimited Offices

Sophia was in Tucker’s office discussing the feasibility of using Bell Communications as more than just the Communications department for McCall. 

“Tucker, you know that area is saturated as is.”

“True.  But I wonder how many more employees we will need to go public with it.  Right now we know we will save money by consolidating our departments for all companies with Bell.  But how much revenue can we generate if we use it and we continue their current business.  Let’s not even think about generating new business yet.”

“Well I will crunch some numbers”

As Tucker was about to ask when she would have those available, James Jacobs walked into his office with a severe scowl.  “What’s this I hear about you missing that meeting this morning with the owner of Bell.  You know he already wasn’t too keen on the idea of you buying it anyway.”

Sophia looked at him shocked “What.  You missed the meeting?  You know Bell was hand picked and was the only company we found that completely met our needs and one of the few that we looked at whose owner wanted to sell.  If we don’t get Bell, then it will set back out time table for globalization.  It will take us months to find another company and coax the owner to sell. We are burning lots of money daily allowing all the companies to work autonomously.”

“I know Sophia.  I am well aware of how McCall works and what is needed.” He raised his brows at her.

“Fine then.  I will just go crunch these numbers.  I’ll get back with you.”  She rolled her eyes at him as she walked out.

James was one of Tuckers oldest friends.  He wasn’t from his band manager days but he had still been at McCall a long time.  Older than Tucker, he was in his mid 60’s and was more astute now than he had ever been.  If Sophia was considered Tucker’s right hand then James was certainly his left.  More like his fist than a hand though.  He did not have a light touch in business. Or anything else for that matter.

“And,” he said expectantly. Only James, and Sophia, would think to question him this way.  Probably because they were more so family than employees.

“And what” Tucker asked.

“What the hell was so important that you missed this meeting?”

Tucker looked at him and wiggled his brows.

“You got to be kidding me? You missed a meeting to get layed.  Well, well. I thought you had settled down since you got married.  Thought you were done with all the women.”

“I wasn’t having sex with her.  But even if I were, what makes you think it wasn’t Ashley?”

“Ha,” scoffed.  “That girl was never your type. She is pretty.  Certainly that. And refined and dignified.  But she is nothing that would inspire you to blow off business”. Tucker furrowed his brow and opened his mouth in preparation to disagree but was cut off by James before he could speak. “Oh, please.  Don’t give me that look.  You and I both know that Ashley is too bland and boring for your tastes.  She is a likeable chit, but she has absolutely no fire.  And we all know that you like fire.”

“Okay so it wasn’t Ashley.”

“Let me guess.  It was your son’s mother.” Tucker wondered was he so easily read. 

“Why would you think it was her?”

“Because ever since you mentioned in passing, which was strange by the way, that she was back in town you have been very distracted.”

“Distracted?” Tucker questioned.  He knew he was distracted but he didn’t think anyone else had noticed. He also wondered if Ashley had picked up on it.

“Yes son.  Distracted.  You have missed more meetings in the past few weeks than you have in years.  Be honest with me.  Why did you miss the meeting?  What were you and the woman doing?”

“Talking.  I wanted her to have breakfast with me but she turned me down.” Tucker said sheepishly.

“Boy, are you telling me you cancelled the meeting with that owner on the possibility that the lady would have breakfast with you”

“That may have happened.”

“Let me give you some advice.  Sleep with this woman.  Get her out of your system so we can get back to business as usual”.

Tucker laughed heartily at that statement, then replied “It’s not that easy.”

“Since when has it been hard for you to get a woman in the sack?”

“Since she became the mother of my son.”

“I thought that would make it easier.  The shared bond and all.”

“I am married and I don’t want to hurt her.  Nor Devon.”

“That is a telling statement”

“Meaning?”

“I noticed you didn’t mention not wanting to hurt your wife.”

Tucker furrowed his brow once again and replied “That goes without saying.”

“Have you forgotten that I was married for 38 years?  And no, it does not go without saying. Tucker, get it together one way or the other. You know you have made a lot of enemies over the years.  And if you get sloppy then you will set yourself up to be had.  There are plenty lined up to do it.”

“I am aware.”

“Well my piece has been spoken.”

“That it has.”

“This Harmony must be something else.”

“I like her.”

“Then I am sure she is something special. More than a pretty face. I bet she’s got moxy.  I can’t wait to meet her.”

“I offered her the job as your assistant.”

“I see you think something needs to be done too then.” Tucker furrowed his brow once again. “Tucker, you use to be smoother than this.  By offering her the job you must have been setting her up to have your way with her”

“I WAS NOT” Tucker protested.  “I just wanted to help her out.  She has been through a lot and is trying to get her life together.  I just wanted to assist her in doing that”

“I’ll bet you want to assist her in doing something else too”

“Now that I won’t deny.  But wanting something and going after it to make it happen are two totally different things.”

“That’s true.”

“Thank you.”

“Well I will leave it alone.  I still want to meet her.”

“I am sure you will get the opportunity soon enough.”

“I bet I will too.” James said as he walked out the door.

 

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Paul stood with Ashley and Abby as Dr Nate Winters came out.

“Hey Paul. Ashley.”

“So Nate. What’s going on with Ricky.”

“To be honest. We really don’t know yet.  He has had a couple of seizures.  So now his body is in shock.  It’s a typical reaction to having many seizures.  His blood pressure is low.  We are trying to figure out what is causing these things to happen.  Paul, has he complained about feeling sick lately?”

“I don’t know.  We haven’t really spoken in a while.”

“Well I guess you also wouldn’t know what medications he has been taking either”

“No I don’t.  Sorry.”

“Okay. Well let me get back.  We are doing all we can to stabilize him.  Prevent more seizures and get his blood pressure up.”

Nate walked off.

Paul immediately turned to Ashley who hugged him tightly.  “Paul, we have to be strong. I know what you are thinking but this is not your fault.”

“What kind of father doesn’t know whether his son has been sick or is taking any prescribed medication.” He and Ricky were still on the outs about him helping to ruin his sister’s career.  He felt responsible for that too.  He had two kids and didn’t raise either one.  He knew Heather better now but he barely knew Ricky.  “Ashley, what if I lose him before I get a chance to know him?”

Ashley stroked his back as she whispered in his ear.  “That won’t happen.  Oh sweety, we have to think positively.”

“You’re right.”

“How about we go to Ricky’s to see if we can find any medication.  I will give the nurse our cell numbers”

“That’s a good idea” Paul said as he released Ashley from the tight hug he had held her in over the past few minutes”

“I am not staying here alone mom.”

“Abby” he heard over his shoulder.  Paul turned around to see Devon Winters walking up to them.

Abby ran towards him and almost knocked him down as she made impact in her effort to hug him. He caught his balance and hugged her back. “Oh my god.  Thank you for coming Devon. My mom and Paul have to leave to go look for something at Ricky’s and I didn’t want to stay here alone.”

“Of course I would come Abby.  You seemed so upset on the phone.” He turned to Paul, “How is Ricky?”

“We don’t really know.  They are still trying to stabilize him.  We need to go to his apartment.  Will you stay with Abby?”

“Of course I will.”  Devon turned to Abby, “Let’s go sit down in the waiting room.  Have you had anything to eat today?  Maybe we should-“

That was the last that Paul heard of the conversation as he and Ashley left the hospital.

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.