Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is an original work of fiction.  Please do not copy or post on other sites.  Thanks!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

“Ahhhhhh……….fuckkkkkkkkkk!”  Kenny screamed as he emptied himself into the condom and attempted to move off the blonde bombshell beneath him that was smiling and out of breath.

 

“That was so amazing,” she said as she sat up and flipped her hair back.  She hesitated a bit and continued, “So, I was thinking, we should make this official.” She held her breath and waited for his response.

 

Kenny got up out the bed and told her, “Look Candace, you seem like a really nice girl, but I don’t think I want to take it that route. “

 

Candace eyes followed him as he went into the bathroom and she said, “I just thought that since we’ve been seeing each other now for a few months, that you know, we could……………………”

 

Kenny flushed the toilet, washed his hands and came back in the bedroom. “You thought that we could what?  Let’s not pretend that this is anything but what it is okay?  We’ve been fucking for a few months, but this isn’t a relationship and frankly, I’m not that type of guy,” Kenny stated emphatically.

 

“You asshole!!!!”  Candace shouted as she slipped her underwear and her dress on from the previous night. “Fuck you!!” she said as she made her way to the door and slammed it shut.

 

Kenny sighed and walked back into the bathroom to take a shower and start his day.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Meanwhile on the other side of town

 

I’m more than just an option.  I refuse to be forgotten…………………..

I better find your lovin’.  I better find your heart.  I better find your lovin’.

 

Kelsey turned over in her bed and glanced at the radio as it blasted her favorite Drake and Rihanna song, signaling it was time to get up start her day.  She was just about to hit the snooze button when she realized it was 8:00 and not 7:00, which she purposely set her alarm to last night.  Oh my goodness, she thought.  I’m going to be late.

 

Kelsey was entering her second year of residency as an internal medicine doctor at Mass General Hospital in Boston.  She had to be at the hospital at 9:00, which meant if she wanted to make it there on time, she had to leave the house in 20 minutes or less.

 

15 minutes later, Kelsey was showered and had her scrubs on in record time.  Now, she just had to do something about her hair.  Kelsey went natural during her last year of medical school and has never regretted it.  She had thick, beautiful kinky hair and she wouldn’t change it for anything or anyone.

 

Kel, don’t start.  Her mind screamed at her.  It’s been 2 years and you need to be focused on work and forget about that jerk.  With that, Kelsey slipped her hair into a high puff and grabbed her car keys and left her Brookline apartment and headed to Mass General.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 Even, with 40 minutes to spare, Kelsey was still 10 minutes late to the hospital. 

 

“Good morning, Kel.” her fellow resident and good friend Melissa said. 

 

Kelsey met Melissa when she first got to Boston and was surprised that Melissa was also from the South.  They instantly became good friends.  Kelsey was from Mississippi while Melissa was from the neighboring state of Alabama.

 

“Hey Melissa, where is he?” Kelsey whispered.

 

“Girl, he’s late this morning, so you’re okay.” Melissa said.

 

“Thank God,” Kelsey said with a sigh of relief. “You know that man has it in for me.  I’m not sure what it is, but I have to make sure I’m on my p’s and q’s, especially when he’s on duty.”

 

Kelsey and Melanie figured that they had time for a quick 10 minute break, since Dr. Thomas, the residency program head, hadn’t made it in yet.  As Kelsey made her way to the coffee machine and grabbed her favorite cup out the cabinet, she asked Melissa how her date went last night.

 

“Kel, it was horrible,” Melanie said with a frustrated look on her face.  “Not only did this mess not have enough for dinner, but he also asked me to put money on his Charlie Card so he could catch the T back home.”

 

“Are you kidding me Mel?” Kelsey asked as she poured the coffee in her cup.

 

“Girl, if I’m lying, I’m flying.”  Mel said in her deep southern accent.

 

They laughed and continued to talk about the horrible date as they got up to see if Dr. Thomas had made it in, so they could start their rounds.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

MMA Boston Gym

“Kenny, I think it’s broken and you need to go get it checked out at Mass general.” Kenny’s coach stated after closely examining Kenny’s hand.

 

Kenny shook his head and replied, “Nah, I think, I’ll be fine.  I have a fight coming up in 3 weeks.  I can’t afford to have a broken hand.”

 

 “Look Kenny, I’ve been your coach and trainer for the past 5 years and I know this fight is important to you, but your health is important to me.  Go to hospital and get it looked at and then we’ll talk about everything else.”

 

Kenny looked at his coach and sighed loudly.  Even though Coach Harry had been his coach for the last 5 years, he had more than 30 years of experience in the business.  When Coach Harry spoke everyone listened and Kenny was no exception.  Kenny put his t-shirt and sweatshirt over his head and headed to his white BMW, while his coach followed him and called the hospital to let them know that they were on their way.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 “Are you serious???” Ughhhhhh, Kelsey lightly screamed in annoyance.

 

Nurse Karen informed the residents that Dr. Thomas would not be in today, so Melanie and Kelsey along with two other residents had to take his patients as well as theirs today. 

 

One more year and I will no longer be a resident and they can’t dump all this work on me anymore, she thought.

  

A couple hours later

Kelsey was about to head in to see her fourth patient of the day when a beautifully built and handsome Asian man walked in.  He was 6’2 give or take an inch or two.  Had short cropped hair and looked like a mixture between the Rock and Vin Diesel, only he was Asian.  Kelsey had seen a lot of fine men before, but this one just took the cake.  For a moment Kelsey’s breath was caught in her throat. 

 

Clearing her throat for the third time, Melissa said, “Earth to Kelsey.” 

 

“Oh, sorry Mel.” Kelsey said as she snuck one more look at the guy. “Mel, are you finished with your morning patients yet?” 

 

“Not yet, I have a couple more to go. But, you know you need to hurry your butt to room 1001 because Mrs. Miller is there waiting to talk your head off, ” Melissa laughed as she headed in the opposite direction to finish up her morning rounds.

 

When Kelsey finished with Mrs. Miller, Nurse Karen told her she had another walk in patient that was one of Dr. Thomas’ patients from the Boston MMA fighting club. 

 

“Okay, I’ll see him in a minute.  Can you call him to go into room 1005, please? Oh and Thanks Karen.” Kelsey said as she grabbed his chart that contained his vital signs that Karen took earlier.

 

Nurse Karen walked out to the waiting room and told Kenny to follow her.  Nurse Karen opened the door to room 1005 and told Kenny to have a seat and the doctor would be in shortly. 

 

Kelsey opened the door and there he was the man from about an hour ago.  Swallowing a huge lump in her throat.  She tried to keep her voice even.

 

“Hi Mr. Okami (I hope I said that right, she thought).  What seems to be the problem?” Kelsey asked.

 

Kenny turned around and instantly forgot about the pain in his hand.  She was one of the most beautiful women that he had ever seen.  She was about 5’4 and had skin that looked to be a mixture of toffee and caramel.  Even through her white jacket and green scrubs, he could tell that she had a shapely body.  Damn, he thought.  As all the blood rushed to his manhood. 

 

“Mr. Okami, Mr. Okami, Mr. Okamiiiii,” Kelsey lightly shouted.  “What seems to be the problem?”

 

“I umm, umm, yeah, I think my hand might be broken.” He stated as he fumbled his words. 

 

“Okay, let me take a look at it.  I see that you’re an MMA fighter right?   So, these things must come with the territory.” She stated as she begin to examine his hand. 

 

“You can say that…………….Ms. or Mrs,” Kenny replied. (I hope she’s not married). He did a quick check and didn’t notice a ring.

 

“It’s Dr. Williams,” Kelsey stated matter of factly.

 

“Well, Dr. Williams, do you have a first name??” he asked.

 

“I do, but you can call me Dr. Williams,” she said looking up at him.  Kelsey touched his hand and immediately felt a spark fly through her and she wondered if he felt it too. 

 

“So, I think your hand is broken, but we need to do an x-ray to confirm it. I’ll be right back.  I need to make sure the x-ray machine is available.” She stated as she walked out the room.

 

Kelsey went outside and had to remember to breath.  Her heart was beating out of her chest. What the hell was that?  She thought.  Making her way down the hall, she had to shake her head at herself for acting like a teenager.  She was 28 and a professional.  Get it together girl.  Her subconscious mind told her.

 

She returned to the room and told him that the room was available and to follow her.  After taking the x-ray, she saw that his hand was indeed broken and informed him of such.  She informed him that he had a small fracture that would require a cast and that it would take about 6-8 weeks for him to recover from it.

 

“You’ve got to be joking?” He asked as he looked at her.

 

“I’m afraid not.  It’s also important that you allow this to heal properly or it could cause more problems for you in the near future.” She said.

 

“Look DR. Williams, I’m a professional fighter and there is no way that I can be out for 2 months, can’t you just give me something that will speed up the recovery.”

 

“MR. Okami, there is not a magic pill, that beats time and mother nature.  I’m sorry, but it’s going to be 6-8 weeks.  You’re very much allowed to get a second opinion, but the x-ray doesn’t lie and the healing time won’t change. I can prescribe you some pain medication and help you with anything else you need.”

 

Blowing an exasperated breath, he couldn’t believe this was happening.  He had a championship fight in about 3 weeks and what the hell was he going to do for 2 months. As Kenny looked up into her hazel eyes and thought for a second, he knew exactly who and what he wanted to be doing until his hand healed.

 

 “Okay, thank you Dr. Williams. Listen, I know you’re a professional, but can you at least give me your first name and possibly your number?”  He asked with a gorgeous dimple showing in his right cheek.

 

Look Mr. Okami, you seem like a nice guy, but you’re a patient and I’m your doctor.  I couldn’t do that. 

 

Is that the only reason because technically, I see Dr. Thomas, so I think you can make an exception?

 

Giving her best professional smile, Kelsey said. “Yes, that’s right but you’re my patient for today and it wouldn’t be professional.”

 

I understand that, but can you at least give me your first name?

 

Looking around the room, she gave in and said, “It’s Kelsey, but that’s all I’m giving you.”

 

Kelsey, that’s a beautiful name for a beautiful lady.  She blushed and looked off.

 

“Listen Kelsey, I think you’re beautiful and would love it if you could have a cup of coffee with me when you get off.  Please….(am I really begging??).  If it makes it easier, from this day forward, I will not see you as my doctor and will only deal with Dr. Thomas or any doctor other than you.  Is that okay?” Kenny asked hopefully.

 

It had been over 2 years since Kelsey was in a relationship and over a year since she’d been on a date.

 

“Okay, but we’ll have coffee across the street at Starbucks. My shift ends at 6, so don’t be late,” she said.

 

He smiled and Kelsey wondered if he could be any more gorgeous with the dimple in his cheek and on his chin.  Keeping a poker face she told him to check out at the nursing station and also to pick up his written prescription there.

 

He told her he what see her and 6.  He walked out to his anxious looking coach to explain the bad news.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 

“YOU DID WHAT!!!!!” Melissa screamed excitedly.

 

“Keep your voice down, Mel.”  Kelsey said through clenched teeth.

 

Kelsey picked at her boring salad and looked at the woman who had become one of her good friends. 

 

“I know what you’re thinking, but technically I’m not his doctor and he’s not my patient.  Plus, he told me he would only deal with Dr. Thomas from now on.” Kelsey stated as she continued to play in her salad.

 

“Kel, you know I love you like a sister, but are you sure about this girl?” Melanie asked.

 

“It’s just coffee Mel and I don’t know.   Okay, let me be honest.  I felt something that I haven’t felt since……………….” She stared off into the distance and she recalled one of the worst days of her life.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 

June 2010

 

“Cut it off.” Kelsey stated. 

 

“Are you sure Kelsey?” her longtime beautician asked her.

 

“Yes, Ms. Cynthia.  I transitioned for over a year and now that I’m headed into my last year of medical school, I think it’s time.” she said as she looked in the mirror at her ear length hair.

 

“What will that gorgeous boyfriend of yours say?”

 

Brian was nearly 6 ft tall and as chocolate as a Hershey’s kiss.  Kelsey loved him and he often told her he loved her too.  Kelsey was always shy in undergrad and focused on her schoolwork.  She couldn’t believe it when this fine specimen of a man took interest in her.  Not that she didn’t think she was attractive, but she was shy and guys hardly ever noticed her.

 

“He loves me and it’s just hair.  He’ll be alright.  Plus I have a lot of my natural hair, so its not like I’m going to have a low fade or something like that.” She assuredly stated.

 

Ms. Cynthia grinned excitedly and went to work on Kelsey’s hair.

 

30 minutes later and Kelsey couldn’t help but stare in the mirror.  Her hair was gorgeous and she was so excited.  She couldn’t wait to surprise Brian.

 

Brian and Kelsey met their 2nd year of medical school and had been going out for a year now.  Kelsey believed Brian was the one and everyday she fell more and more in love with him. 

 

As her phone vibrated, Kelsey looked down and saw that it was her love Brian.

 

“Hey baby, where are you?” Kelsey asked.

 

“Oh, just hanging with Charles and Daniel. We’re about to grab lunch and I was wondering what you wanted to do tonight.” Brian replied.

 

Movies and dinner maybe?  Let me check to see what’s playing.  Brian, I have a surprise for you tonight?  I’ll call you later to finalize our plans.

 

Yesssssss, Brian thought. My perseverance has finally paid off after a year of dating, I’ll finally get me some.  Kelsey was a banger and smart too, but this waiting until we’re married thing was not my idea of a great relationship.  This couldn’t have come a moment too soon because I was about to drop her like a bad habit.  I mean a guy could only take so much and I’m surprised I waited this long on her.  Well, technically I was getting it from somewhere else, but she definitely didn’t need to know that.   I hung up the phone as Jennifer was sliding back into the bed.  Thinking, now I can really have my cake and eat it too.

 

Later on that night

 

Brian arrived in his Lexus that his father bought him as a graduation gift.  He went to Kelsey’s apartment and rung the doorbell.  She yelled, “Just a minute and come on in babe.”  He sat on the couch and waited for her to come out.

 

Kelsey was so excited.  She bought a new blouse and wanted to show off her new natural cut.  She stepped out and shouted.  Surprise Baby!!!!

 

Brian looked up in shock and said, “Kelsey what the hell did you do to you hair?”

 

She frowned. “What do you mean?”

 

“Is this your idea of a joke, where is your hair?  Are you wearing a wig?” He asked looking confused.

 

“Baby, I got my hair cut.  I told you I would and you didn’t say anything then.” She stated.

 

“Kelsey I thought you were playing.  So, we’re not having sex tonight?” He asked.

 

“Brian, what the hell are you talking about?   I told you I wasn’t ready yet.  I know it’s been a year, but I just need more time.” She said as she started to get mad.

 

“Look, Kelsey I can’t do this anymore.”  Brian said, getting up and heading for the door.

 

“Can’t do what??” Kelsey asked, putting her hand on her chest and looking perplexed.

 

Look, I know that you wanted to wait and that was fine, but now you go and cut your hair off.  For what??  To show that you’re proud of your roots or some shit.

 

Not believing what she was hearing.  Kelsey stood there and he continued.

 

 Kelsey I’m tired of waiting on you.  I have needs and I definitely don’t need to be seen with a chick that looks like a dude.

 

The tears that Kelsey tried to hold in were now freely falling down her face.  She looked up at him and asked if he ever really loved her. 

 

I said what you wanted to hear, but it never really got me far huh.  Besides, some half ass blow jobs.

 

With that Brian walked out the door and he took half of Kelsey’s heart with him.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 Looking back at Melissa.  Kelsey continued.

 

“Mel, it’s just coffee and it’ll probably be nothing.  Besides, he’s a fine guy and he probably has gorgeous chicks all over him.” She stated matter of factly.

 

“Okay, Kel, first of all.  You’re a gorgeous chick yourself and secondly, I don’t want you thinking about that jerk Brian.  Any guy would be lucky to have you, girl.  I’ve known you for almost 2 years now and this is the most spontaneous thing that I’ve seen you do, so go for it. Besides, if you don’t, I’ll start goggling his ass and push up on him myself.”

 

Kelsey looked at her and said, “Don’t even think about it sister!!!” They both burst out laughing and got up to head back to the hospital. 

 

As they were walking back, Melanie said, “Don’t you forgot about a sister here, okay!!? See if he has a brother or cousin, cause I might be taking up some jiu-jitsu myself, especially if they all look like that.”  Kelsey laughed and shook her head at her crazy friend.   “Girl, you are a mess!!”  She stated as she entered the hospital doors to finish up for the day.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think?  I'm still having trouble adding pics :(.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.