Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chris talks to his friends and end up spending the whole day with Allegra.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter 18- ‘I’m in no rush. I will be waiting.’

“I seriously think you should forget about her and move on.” Ben stated a frown on his face.

“I agree.” Kenzo argued.

I sighed frustrated. “Guys…”

Mark interrupted me. “If you love her and honestly think she is the one, don’t listen to us.”

“What do Giulio and Federico think?” Laurence inquired.

“They just want me to be happy.”

“That’s what we all want, man.” Ben explained. “We don’t want her to hurt you again. The last time you were devastated.”

“I know. I don’t trust her.” I confessed.

I was trying to sort out my feelings with the help of my friends.

Allegra was still on my mind and what Giselle had told me made me look at things differently. Although I still didn’t trust Allegra, I knew that if I loved her I should determine whether I really wanted to give ‘us’ a chance.

“You said that she was heart-broken.” Mark added.

Kenzo rolled his eyes “She deserves it.”

“Kenzo!” I exclaimed.

He shrugged. “Sorry, but it’s the truth. You should talk to Lalita about this. She might be able to help you.”

“Well I’m meeting up with Allegra. We’re going to play tennis.”

Laurence rolled his eyes. “Be careful.” He stated.

“I will.”

 

“You beat me again.” She said in defeat.

“I have skills. You’re good, just not as good as me.” I laughed.

“It’s always nice losing again you.” She muttered sarcastically.

We were having a coffee at Starbucks after out tennis match.

“I know.”

“Cocky, aren’t you?” she looked at me and smiled.

“Yes, I am.” I grinned and sighed content.

We didn’t say anything for a few minutes. The silence was awkward.

“So, have you chosen your new home?” she sipped her coffee.

“Yes. I’m moving to London.”

She smiled sadly. “London is amazing. You’re going to love it there. I actually prefer it to New York City. There are so many things you can do there.”

“Like?” I inquired curious.

“Clubs, pubs, festivals, art galleries…” she trailed off. “I have some friends that live in London. I might just tell them to help you there for a while.”

“Thank you, Allegra. I really appreciate it.” I said, my hand reaching for hers and squeezed it.

“You’re welcome, Christopher.” She whispered shocked.

“You can call me Fitzie, if you want.” I told her tentatively.

“Okay, Fitzie.” She grinned at me. “How was your time in India?”

“I loved it so much that I wouldn’t mind going back. People are amazing.”

 

A few hours later after at least 3 refills we left the store with some semblance of normality. We were back to acting comfortable around each others, joking and having fun.

My right hand sought hers and I intertwined our fingers. I knew she wouldn’t say anything, afraid that I would stop holding her hand. Ironic, considering that a year before I would be feeling like her.

“What do you want to do?” she asked me, her eyes full with joy.

“We could go and watch a movie.” I suggested.

“Or we could have dinner. I’m paying.” She couldn’t hide her excitement.

“No way. I’m paying.” I stopped walking and frowned.

“What if we both pay?” she asked, smiling.

“Deal.” I smirked.

She kissed my cheek. “Now, we could just do some shopping before it’s time for dinner.”

I groaned. “Okay.” I said in defeat.

“Come on, Fitzie. It’s going to be fun.”

Later that night I found myself in one of the guest rooms of Allegra’s house. It was pretty late and she didn’t think it would be alright for me to drive home.

I was freaking confused. What the hell was I suppose to do? I was living in three months or less, and it seemed like me and Allegra were dating, even though we didn’t agree to any of it. Holding hands, light kisses on the cheek, hugging and cuddling were becoming too much familiar things. Was I unknowingly giving her a second chance?

“Chris...” I heard her call me.

I get out of bed and opened the door. There she was in a pair of hot pants and a tank top.

“Allegra…” I breathed.

“I’m preparing some tea. Do you want a cup?”

“Yes, why not?”

“Good...” she turned around but I stopped her.

“Allegra, do you by any chance still have one of my spare pajamas here?” I inquired cautiously.

“Yes, it’s in my bedroom. The last drawer of my dresser.”

“Thank you.” I told her before leaving my room for the night.

 

“I can’t believe you said that, Chris. Of course I was pissed off.” She laughed before taking a sip of her tea.

“I was nervous. You were hot as hell and I just didn’t know what to say. I felt like I shouldn’t have felt hot and bothered by you and then Laurence was nagging me about admitting that I liked you and….well, you know how it ended: you insulting me. If insults could kill.” I chuckled.

“I have to admit that I went crazy, but it was because I liked you too and I was offended.” She sighed.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“Do you still think I’m hot as hell?” she mumbled.

“Yes. You’re beautiful and hot as hell.” I answered honestly. “How’s your relationship with Laurence now?”

“Improving. He occasionally gives me the cold shoulder but it’s understandable. It’s said that I lost his friendship. II find it hard to believe that things will go back to how they were.”

“I told him to stay out of it but he refused.” I tried to say something to make her feel better.

“Don’t worry, Chris. It’s my fault, after all. He told me in what state my actions had left you and I cannot stress enough how sorry I am. I acted like an inconsiderate bitch. I was scared. I know it still doesn’t justify what I did.” She explained, the tears welling in her eyes.

“Allegra, please, don’t cry. I stayed over for us to have fun. I don’t want you to cry.”

I wiped some of her tears and she closed her eyes. I felt the need to kiss her. I couldn’t stop myself from lightly touching her lips with mine.

I pulled away almost immediately. She opened her eyes and stared at me in shock.

I cleared my throat and went back to drinking my tea, in silence.

She kissed my cheek. “Thank you, Chris.” She smiled at me sweetly. “I know that you might not want to hear this, but I need to say it. I love you.” She looked at me in the eyes.

“I love you too.” I sighed. “But I’m not ready to be in a relationship. At least, not yet.”

“I’m in no rush. I will be waiting.” She reassured me. She stood up from her chair, and kissed my forehead. “All the time you need, love.” She put her mug in the sink. “I’m going to bed.”

“Could we sleep in the same bed like in old times?” I asked tentatively.

“You don’t even have to ask.” I followed her as she went up the stairs.

We hugged and stared at each other until sleep took us over and we fell asleep, content.






Chapter End Notes:

I know some people are going to be unhappy about the outcome of this chapter. That's life. :D

I'm still trying to work out how many chapters I have to write for this story to be over. I have a vague idea of what is going to happen next (Chris will be moving for sure), but I am open to suggestions!

Kisses.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.