Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So I hope you like this new story I had floating around in my head. Please tell me what you think. I'm not sure if this is worth pursuing or not, so any comments would be greatly appreciated.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Doctor Jazion! She’s waking up!”, a voice boomed near Karena’s head.  God why are they so loud, she thought, a moan slipping out.  “Hey! Wake up.  You have to wake up,” a soft voice chided lightly.

 

“Don’t want too.” she replied.

 

“No! It’s time for you to wake up Karena Smith,” the voice stated firmly.  Karena slowly opened her eyes.  An unfamiliar white ceiling was her first sight.  Her throat felt dry, as her voice cracked into a hoarse whisper, “Where am I?”.

 

She turned her head to the side, eyes widening at the woman who stood beside her.  The woman had light pink hair gathered into a bun.  Her striking green eyes shined like emeralds, framed by small black square frames, though what was so startling was that her skin was a pale sky blue.  Karena blinked rapidly, trying to see if maybe her eyes were playing tricks on her.  They were not, the woman’s skin really was blue.  “Your skin is blue,” Karena stated.  The woman blinked in surprise before she started laughing.  

 

“Yes I know this.  My name is doctor Jazion, how are you feeling?  Any nausea, headache, or strange sensations?” she continued, her hands reaching out to help Karena sit up.  

 

“Um...no. Where am I? Are we even still on earth, or is this just a screwed up dream?” Karena asked.  Taking in the sight of two tall blue skinned people in long white lab coats.  Both of them appeared to be decent sized males that had long red hair pulled back into a ponytail.  One was typing on what she suspected was a tablet computer.  The other’s pale green eyes watched her warily.  Karena just simply stared in shock, her mind in a daze.  

 

“Look dear I know this is scary, but...” the doctor didn’t get to finish before Karena’s shock wore off and she started to scream and pull at the tubes that were in her arms.  

 

“Thane get me a sedative!” Jazion shouted, her arms trying to stop Karena from removing the iv’s.  “NO! STOP IT!” she screamed.  The one named Thane quickly came over and pressed a syringe into her iv’s.  All too quickly Karena’s mind started to become hazy, and before she knew it darkness had consumed her.

 

Doctor Jazion looked at the girl that slept on the hospital bed.  “Well that didn’t go well,”  Thane sighed.  His hand coming up to stroke Karena’s black hair, before it moved out to stroke the soft black and white tipped fox ears that stuck out at an angle on top of her head.  

 

“Well it could have gone worse.  Lets get her unhooked from all the machines, and get her cleaned up. We need to get her into the enclosure with Sora before she awakens,” Jazion commented thoughtfully.

 

“You're not going to explain anything to her?  We should at least explain what’s happened to her before we stick her in with Sora.  We don’t want the situation to turnout like it did last time.” Thane paused in thought, before continuing.  “I just don’t feel that it would be wise to do such a thing.  Especially after the way she reacted when we first woke her up.”  Jazion narrowed her emerald eyes at Thane before she snarled

 

“Do you honestly think I’m a fool?  I am the one in charge of this project, and these subjects, not you.  So just do as I say,” she snapped, turning to leave the lab.  Thane sighed and looked down to the girl who slept with a peaceful expression on her face.  

 

“I’m sorry that we did this to you.  Please don’t turn out like the others.  Please, I want you to live,” he whispered.  Slowly he began the task of unhooking her from the monitors, his pale green eyes glancing to the sleeping form with regret.

 

Her head was throbbing.  “Hey wake up.  What are you dead? Wake up!,” a loud voiced yelled into her ear.  Karena slowly opened her eyes, the bright sunlight making her blink rapidly while they adjusted.  She slowly sat up, a small groan escaping her.  Her chocolate eyes meeting golden ones, a nose merely inches from her own.

 

“What the hell!,” she yelled, hands shooting out to push the intruder away.  Shooting up into a standing position, before grabbing her head in pain.  “Yeah, the sedatives do that too ya.  Try not to move so much for a minute.  My name’s Sora by the way,” the person said in an annoyed tone.  Karena turned her gaze to the man speaking to her.  A retort dying on her lips before she could even speak.  Her eyes focused on the figure who was sitting naked on the grass in front of her, hands  in his lap.  The person was a male who looked around twenty, his peaches and cream colored complexion was smooth and blemish free.  He had a wiry physique with muscles in all the right places, that would make most women swoon.  His long white hair was loose and hung down around his shoulders.  Two white fox ears peaked out from atop his head.  She looked down to his feet, a white fluffy looking fox like tail swishing lightly beside him.  Karena shook her head, trying to believe that this was all just a dream.  He had a lopsided grin on his lips as he flexed for her.  She ignored his antics and continued her inspection of him.  His eyes were a slightly slanted yellow-gold color.  A smirk plastered on his pale pink lips, as he spoke

 

“Darling. Don’t look so horrified, without taking a look at yourself.”.  Karena growled, the noise coming from her caused her to pause for a moment.  That couldn’t have been her, she thought.

 

“Was that me?” she asked aloud.  She didn’t remember what happened next.  She just remembered being shoved next to a small lake’s edge. Looking over to the creature who she assumed led her here for a reason.  Before she could even ask, he pointed to the water, his face holding an exhausted look as he said, "Take a look sweetheart."

 

 Karena closed her eyes, before she opened them and peered down into the still water.  A loud gasp escaped her, as her reflection stared back at her.  She still looked the same for the most part.  Her oval face still held the same large round chocolate eyes, her pouty lips were still the same.  The same golden brown skin was still on her curvy size fourteen frame.  Though what caused her to gasp was the fox ears that stuck out at a slight angle atop her head.  A large bushy fox tail swishing in agitation behind her.  Karena tried to look behind her.  Losing her balance in the process and falling into the water, breaking the surface as she gasped for breath.  A loud laugh echoing in her ears as she turned to look at the beast who sat near the water’s edge.  Hand propping up his elbow as he gestured around the area,  “Welcome to project zero.  Lets try to get along,” he said laughingly though his face held nothing but mischievousness in it.  That was when Karena knew that she was really screwed.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.