Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm glad to see that so many of you are enjoying this!

 

My weekend will be filled with updates ( and Beyonce =D)

And this is making my Friday even better!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

   Once everything was put into place, and most of the goodbyes were said, the church members began filing out of the building one by one. Lisa and Jae Hwa walked elbow to elbow up the gravel covered driveway. Caught up in their own world, Lisa hadn't taken notice of the luxury car parked directly in the middle of the churches parking lot, but everyone else did.

 

     " Lord, there they go."

 

    " Don't make no sense how they act if you ask me. Look at them...Hm."

 

    " Lisa! Lisa dear, hurry up now!" The sound of her mother's voice disappointed Lisa as she knew there would be no way for her to ignore it. Her eyes turned to Jae Hwa who looked back at her with a curious gaze.

 

     "Lisa!"

 

      She hoped that if she didn't look her mother's way, then she would get by with the "Oh, I didn't see you.." excuse. Her steps slowed, and she reached behind Jae Hwa tugging on his shirt to get him to follow suit.

 

     The Dudley family lived by impeccable standards. Hair in place, mind in place, clothing in place, and you're sure to have your life in place. Tonya Dudley embodied their family motto completely. She stood in a high end skirt that was of the latest fashion. Her wrists, ears, and neck donned jewelry that her husband approved of. He always wanted his wife to have the best that there was. Tonya had kept a slim figure, due to her past as a high school track and basketball star-and if one wanted to go there, her husband's preference to have no more than one child in their marriage.

 

     " I know that child hears me." She said to herself as she shielded her eyes from the sun. A ray of light blocked most of her view, but she could see that Lisa was walking with what looked to be a young man. Cutting her eyes to the driver's side of the car, she mentally sighed knowing that this could be blown up in seconds for no reason.

 

   " Li-"

 

   " Lisa! You hear your mother, girl!" Charles Dudley slammed his car door, shocking everyone as they walked past. He welcomed any kind of attention, even the attention like now where church fans cooled the faces of the older women as they rebuked Satan in the name of Jesus Christ.

 

    " He's never known how to act....damn shame."  Whispered one woman. She was nearing 90, and had seen the pastor come to California as a young man, and had watched all of his children grow up throughout the years. Charles was the only one that could make her shake her head.

 

    " Grandma it's Sunday!" Her granddaughter whispered back. Rolling her eyes, the woman went ahead and spoke to Charles seeing as how he had no intentions to show he was at least raised with some kind of manners.

 

    " Charles, I haven't seen you in a long time...Bless your heart."

 

   " Hello, Miss May." Putting on his charm, he wrapped the more frail woman in a hug, all the while keeping a lookout on his daughter. When he stood back to his full height, Miss May could almost feel him pushing her aside.

 

    " You have a blessed day then...Hmm."  Her granddaughter led Miss May away as she began telling how if her arthritis wasn't so bad she'd tear his behind up right here and now,

 

    Charles pushed his hands into his white pants, Checking his gold watch for the time.

 

     " They said they'd wait an hour for us to get back. She needs to hurry her ass up."

 

    " Charles, I don't understand why it has to be today that she meets him. You're rushing things, she doesn't need to be getting married!"

 

    "She isn't getting married, yet. She needs to show face, so that when it is time, we aren't running around looking crazy." Lisa completely objected the deal that seemed to have been made between Charles and his business partner. Especially since it involved treating their daughter like an item to be auctioned off.

 

     She objected.

 

   But kept silent.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

       " Oh God." Lisa's chest became extremely heavy as her steps were numbered. She had a history of anxiety that only her father seemed to cause. Even from this distance, she could see the lines drawn on his taut forehead. She hadn't forgotten about the plans he had set for her today.

 

   The brunch this morning was nothing more than a business meeting with her life being the main topic.

 

    She wasn't a goat, but that's exactly how her father made her feel.

 

   Lisa knew that she couldn't have Jae Hwa meet them. She wanted to protect him from her father. Thinking quickly, she pulled away from him, walking ahead.

 

    " I'm sorry James. I'll see you back on campus , okay?" Tucking her hair behind her ear, she hurried off to her father's shiny car.

 

    " Where are you... Lisa!" He called after her quietly.Why had she run off like that? He picked up his own pace to catch up with her, but stopped. She approached a taller man who seemed to say harsh words to her as she ducked her head.

 

    Lisa's dad.

 

    An older, but taller woman placed her hands on Lisa's shoulders, guiding her to the back door of the car. She opened it, and left a kiss on Lisa's forehead as she lowered herself into it. The man continued talking, pointing over the roof of the car at his wife.

 

    Those are her parents. He realized. Jae Hwa didn't know how to feel at that moment. On one hand, Lisa's father didn't look like someone he would want to meet, yet he couldn't help but wonder if Lisa hadn't wanted them to meet him.

 

    He stopped walking, and placed his hands on his hips.

 

   I don't even know how to get back from here.  He spoke out in Korean as he rubbed the back of his head. He was stranded now.

 

    Turning around, he looked for a woman dressed in lavender.

 

     Mrs. Water? Wa-wall-Walters. Mrs. Walters.

 

    He needed to look no further. Like the other nosy people who stayed behind to watch everything unfold, Mrs. Walters had walked behind watching the show . Catching Jae Hwa's eye, she waved him down.

 

   " James honey, I'm sure you wouldn't know your way around." Shaking his head, Mrs. Walters laughed.

 

    " Come on then, I'll give you a ride."

 

   " Seriously? That's very kind of you. Thank you." Jae Hwa was grateful that she didn't just point him in the direction of the nearest bus stop.

 

    " Ain't nothing to it. Someone needs me, then I'll be there. You remember that, okay?"

 

   " Okay." They both smiled at one another, not knowing that years on down the line, Jae Hwa will remember that kind gesture, and take her up on it in his darkest hour.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review please and thank you

 

Also, have a good Friday!!!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.