Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So sorry for the wait. I'm currently trying to finish a Research Paper. :-/

However, I need to take a moment out to thank an amazing person. Story Maya is actually based off of my RL best friend, who's also named Maya and is actually....basically....my co-author. She's been giving me a lot of these ideas and a lot of the upcoming ideas. She gives me the ideas and I turn them into...this. Haha. So big shoutout to her. She'll be my back-up when I go through one of my writer block phases.

Also, a lot of you have mentioned still wanting/hoping for a sex scenes. But I can pretty much promise you that I am not going to write any love scenes for this story. I just can't. 

However, if any of you would like to write one yourself and submit it to me or post it as a stand alone or whatever, I'm completely okay with that. As long as proper credit is given to me, and I will for sure give credit to you, I don't mind. Just wanted to throw that out there.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Derrick wasn't lying.

I've never met anyone nicer than Mr. and Mrs. Kaepernick. When Maya and I finally walked into the house, we were met with the all too amusing sight of Colin getting scolded by his mother. Surprisingly, it wasn't over him marrying me. It was over him leaving me and the rest of us outside. He was already clearly embarrassed, but when he saw me, his face reddened even more.

Anyway, moving on to his amazing family. Neither his mom or dad greeted Kay, Maya or I with a handshake. Instead, they pulled us into friendly hugs. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but after realizing it was just their personality, I was genuinely touched.

Not even twenty minutes after meeting them, we were on a first name basis.  Everything was going absolutely wonderful, with the exception of Lindsay who had been in Colin's face ever since his arrival. I really don't like that woman. She's beyond fake and I honestly don't see how Colin is so oblivious to that. Everyone sees it.

After about thirty minutes, the sound of someone entering the house halted everyone's conversations. A middle aged, pudgy and, rather unattractive Caucasian man entered. He didn't enter alone though. Following behind him was a woman, who I instantly recognized as Colin's mother. The relation between the two is undeniable. They have, pretty much, the exact same facial features. When she smiles, it's especially noticeable. He is definitely her son.

Already acquainted with majority of the Kaepernick's, her greeting with them is short and to the point. With the same polite brevity, she introduces herself to the rest of us. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the woman. Truth be told, I actually feel a little guilty for what I told Colin to do. I find it hard to believe the kind woman is only out to use the son she, regretfully, gave away all those years ago.

Heidi, his mother, shed a few tears when it finally came time to meet Colin. Although trying his damn hardest to maintain a neutral mien, I could see he was a little jolted about seeing her too. The two excused themselves and went to go talk in another room for about ten minutes, before returning.

After that, everything continued to go rather smoothly. That was, until, it came time for dinner to actually start and the questions began rolling out.

Flashback

"Arianna," Teresa, Colin's adopted mother, addresses me. I quip my eyebrow as a means of acknowledging her. "I know you mentioned that you're currently enrolled in school. Actually, I suppose my question is aimed towards all of you ladies. What exactly are all of you studying?"

I glance at Maya, mentally asking her to go first, "We'll our academic....achievements, if you will, are a little different than your average college student."

"We all received our Associates Degree in high school. I majored in Performing Arts, Maya majored in Fashion Design, and Arianna majored in Speech and Theater."

"So now," I join in. "We're finishing up our bachelors. Maya will receive her B.S in Apparel Design, Kay will have a B.A. in Dance and I will have my B.F.A in drama." I finish with a deep inhale. I look around nervously, noticing no one is saying anything.

Shit.

Silence is never a good sign.

"Well, I for one, am very impressed with all of you." Rick, Colin's father, says with a fascinated smile. "You young ladies should be extremely proud of yourselves."

"I know I am," Kay muses, smiling broadly.

Maya playfully shakes her head at Kay, "Thank you sir."

"It certainly hasn't been easy though," I add on, playing with my salad. I've never been a big fan of anything that's green and, allegedly, edible.

"So do all of you want to go into show business or something?" Lindsay questions, trying to play innocent. "I mean, that's the vibe I'm getting considering the subjects you all are studying in."

"Yes, and no," Kay answers. "I would like to eventually become a professional choreographer, but I'm not specifically seeking fame. None of us are."

"Exactly," Maya shakes her head in agreement. "I would eventually like to own my own clothing line and make a name for myself in the fashion industry. But I would be just as content with saving up my money and opening up my own boutique.

"I suppose my ambitions are a little more....Hollywood themed than Maya and Kay's," I admit, brushing my hair back with my fingers. "I want to be an actress, not just on film and television. I'd also like to be on Broadway as well. However, I would be totally okay with settling as an acting coach or maybe even teaching high school drama. Whatever door opens first."

"Interesting," pudgy man, who turns out to be Colin's brother mutters. "An aspiring actress and a professional athlete. What a convenient match." He laughs, and I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from lashing out at him. Is this bastard seriously suggesting I'm out to use Colin? "What about jobs? You girls do work, I assume."

"Yes, we do work," Maya answers sharply. "We have two jobs actually."

"Really?" Colin decides to join in. About damn time too, "What are they?"

"Well we teach dance Monday through Friday from 7:30pm to 9:00pm."

"I thought you were the dancer," Lindsay interrupts Kay, with a suspicious tone in her voice.

"I am," Kay shoots back, without even looking at Barbie. "But we're all excellent dancers."

"And your other job?" Pudgy presses.

"Ummm...." I trail off, feeling warmth rise to my cheeks. I murmur quietly, "We work at Hooters Monday through Friday from 1:30 to 7:00."

As expected, another awkward silence blankets the table. Surprisingly though, Teresa, Heidi, and Rick look unfazed. Colin and Derrick look slightly turned on and intrigued. It's only fat Ken and old ass Barbie who have looks of disapproval.

"We got us Hooter Girls," Derrick cheeses, slapping Colin on the arm.

"Colin does," Maya gives him a forced smile. "You, however, have nothing except your ha-health." She quickly corrects. Her mishap flies by the parents, but not the rest of us. "Thank The Lord for good health.

"Amen," Kay smirks, with an almost Madea sounding undertone.

End Flashback

Against my expectations, his family kept the personal questions to a minimum. Actually, there barely were any. Thank God. Of course, there were other....interesting encounters.

Flashback

I excuse myself from the table to bring my plate into the kitchen. Scraping the leftovers on my plate into the trash, I place my dishes into the side of the sink that's filled with soapy water. As soon as I turn around, I'm met with pudgy himself. It's like a scene out of a movie. I turn around, and he appears out of nowhere.

Creepy.

Placing my hand over my chest, I feel my exceling heartbeat. "You scared the sh-crap out of me."

"Sorry," he offers, but it's so fake, that I don't even accept it.

"It's okay," I murmur, straightening out my dress. "Is there something I can help you with?"

He stares at me for several seconds, without saying anything, and it's starting to piss me off.

"I just wanted to apologize if I have offended you in any way," He stuffs his hands in his pockets. "I don't think we got off on the greatest start and considering you're going to be around for a while; I think it's only fitting that we remain cordial."

If ever there was a more fake ‘apology.' Every word that just came out his mouth is so un-authentic. I internally roll my eyes, and prepare to tell him off. Of course though, Derricks warning about Colin's family comes back to my memory. Shit. I have to play nice with this racist scumbag. What I really wanna do is punch this baboon, but I'm able to force out a simple:

"Okay"

He smiles and pulls out his hands, raising his arms for a hug.

Oh good Lord.

Swallowing back my utter dislike for this man, I accept his hug. Instead of the short and awkward embrace I was expecting, he seems to hold on to me. It's longer and tighter than your usual friendly hug. I swear, I think I even feel him sniff my hair.

What.The.Hell.

Even worse, I feel his arms starting to move their way down south.

Just as I'm about to push him off me, Maya and Derrick come walking in.

Pudgy immediately pulls away from me and flashes the two of them a friendly smile. They greet him back with suspicious looks.

"Were we interrupting anything?" Maya trails off, glancing back and forth between us.

"No," Pudgy laughs. "Just trying to get to know each other a little better, that's all."

Both Derrick and Maya look unconvinced.

Pudgy, smiling as if nothing just happened excuses himself and exits the room.

"What the hell was that?" Maya demands, almost as soon as he is gone.

 "Shrugging my shoulders, I try not to make a big deal out of it, "It was nothing."

"Sure as hell didn't look like nothing," Derrick chimes, sounding somewhat concerned. "I think Kyle may like you Arianna."

"We'll I sure as hell don't like him," I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Besides, he may have just been trying to frisk me to make sure I didn't steal anything."

"Yes, because you're totally capable of sneaking something in your ass," Maya says sarcastically.

"Well......" Derrick trails off, leaning to look at my ass. Maya slaps him on his chest, "I'm just messing with you girl." He laughs, moving his arms around Maya's waist. "You know you're my woman."

Her cheeks redden and I notice she hesitates to move his arms from around her, "For the last time you imbecile, I am not your woman."

"Yet," He smirks, trailing his eyes down, but stops when he reaches her chest.

Maya clearly notices this, "Stop ogling me you sexist ass!" He covers his mouth to stifle a chuckle, "What?"

Glancing down to her chest to see what the hell Derrick finds so amusing, my eyes widen at the sight.

One of the buttons on her shirt has popped off. I whisper in her ear for her to look down, and when she does, her eyes widen as well.

"Dammnit!" She curses, and hurries to throw her plate in the sink, "I think I have an extra shirt in the car." She starts digging through her bag, and pulls out her car keys. "I'll be right back." She quickly scurries out the kitchen.

Derrick turns towards me and takes on that whole serious demeanor again. "All jokes aside though, let me know if Kyle gives you any more problems. I got your back."

"Thanks Derrick," I smile, cocking my head to the side. "That's awfully kind of you."

"Don't mention it little bit," he drapes his arm around me. "I gotta ask though....you work at damn Hooters, a sports bar, and yet you didn't know who I was?"












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.