Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please don't kill me. Shit has been rough. No excuse, but that's just the way my life has been. Please accept my deepest apologies. I hope you all enjoy regardless. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Maya looks around the room that once belonged to her best friend, but now serves as her sewing room. Truth be told, she misses Aria more than she'll admit. Even though she loves both of them dearly, Maya often times prefers Aria over Kaydence. It's not to discredit Kay because Maya considers both women sisters, but she and Arianna have always had a somewhat closer relationship than her and Kaydence.

Maya's thoughts are interrupted by a knocking at the door.

"God Kay," Maya groans. "Why must you always forget your damn key?" Getting up from her desk, Maya reluctantly ventures over to open the door. Unlocking it, she turns right back around to start heading to her room. "Remind me to get another key made so I can place it in the car."

"Well damn," Maya stops dead in her tracks. That is not Kay. "I would've thought you'd think it's too early on in the relationship to be giving out keys and such." Maya spins around to face the one and only Derrick, "But if you insist."

"What do you want Derrick?" She asks, turning back around to go into her sewing room. Derrick, of course, follows her.

"Now Mc-Maya," he quickly decides against using the nickname she loathes when her eyes turn into daggers. "You and I know both know the answer to that."

"Too bad I'm the only one who realizes it's never going to happen," she mutters silently, returning back to her sketch. While starting on the sleeves of the dress she's working on, Maya sees out the corner of her eyes Derrick looking around the room in amazement. Aside from her furniture, any indication of the bedroom belonging to Aria is now gone. Maya has, more or less, transformed the room into a studio.

"You say that now," Derrick says confidently. "But you'll change your mind. They always do."

"They?" Maya questions, lifting up her recently arched eyebrow. "I know you're not putting me in the same category with your little hoes."

Derrick shakes his head, "See. That just goes to show how much you really know me. I don't even fuck with hoes. Too much drama."

"And this is from prior experience right?" Maya questions absentmindedly, focusing most of her attention on her work.

Derrick pauses with his answer, "I was young and dumb."

"Still are if you ask me...." Maya mumbles, shaking her head and turning to Derrick. "Why are you here Derrick? If you're looking for Kay-"

"If I was looking for her, don't you think I would have asked for her by now instead of talking to you?"

"Not necessarily," Maya argues. "Since it seems you enjoy irking the life out of me."

"You like it though," he smiles confidently.

"No," Maya glares. "I tolerate it." She shakes her head, "What the hell do you want Derrick? I'm not gonna ask your annoying ass again."

"Today's my boy Blake's birthday," Derrick grins proudly. "He's having his party at Lure. It's a club down in L.A."

Maya looks at him with a bored expression, "And? What the hell does that have to do with me?"

Derrick rolls his eyes, "I want you to go with me."

"To L.A? For some guy who, I don't even know, birthday party?" Maya asks with complete disbelief. "Hell no. L.A. is what, 6 hours away from here? No thanks."

"Aww come on," Derrick sighs heavily. "It'll be fun. We're gonna fly there. The flight is only like an hour and a half. Since it's Friday, we just figured we'd spend the weekend there and fly back Sunday night."

"1. Who's ‘we'? 2. What makes you think I have the time or most importantly the resources to roll like that? Not all of us have it like that Derrick." Maya, by now, has put down her sketch and is now fully invested in her conversation with Derrick.

"To answer question one: Ricardo, Kay, Colin, Aria, me and hopefully you. And as far as question two," Derricks usually playful tone of voice quickly changes to more a more serious one. "You know I got you ma."

Maya just looks at him for a moment. She doesn't know what to say. She's never had a man offer to do such nice things for her. Sure, Derrick is a lot of things: rude, arrogant, cocky, annoying-the list goes on. Still, she can't help but wonder if maybe she should just give him a chance.

Then she remembers this is Derrick she's talking about.

Rolling her eyes, she resumes her work. "My answer is final Derrick."

Out the corner of the eye, she almost swears she sees a pang of hurt flash in Derrick's brown eyes.

"If you're sure," he rises, sighing heavily. "It would have been a great opportunity for you to get your work out there." He says aloud, hoping it will spark Maya's interest.

It works.

"How?" She questions, seemingly only semi interested. "How will some random dude, who I don't know, what does he do anyway? Another athlete?"

"You really need to get out more Maya," Derrick shakes his head. "Blake Griffin is-"

"Blake Griffin?" Maya drops her pen and turns to look at Derrick with wide eyes. "As in Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin?"

"Okay, how is it you know who he is, but you didn't know who I was?"

"Because," Maya shrugs. "You play for the Bulls. Blake, however, plays for my home team."

"I thought you didn't know much about sports," Derrick, all but whines.

"That's Arianna dumbass. Wrong black girl." She glares, moving to put her work away. "Shit. I don't have much time to pack."

"Wait," A smile tugs on his lips. "Does that mean you're going?"

Maya rolls her eyes, "Of course you idiot."

Instead of voicing his thanks, Derrick opts to capturing Maya in a tight embrace. Maya, initially shocked, surprises herself and Derrick when she doesn't immediately push him off. It's only when she feels Derricks hands start to roam down, does she actually push him off.

"Out," she demands, pointing to her bedroom door. When Derrick starts to complain and whine about why "he should stay and help her pack, she starts pushing him out the room, down the hall, and while he's still talking, out the front door. Unbeknownst to the two, they both have small smiles playing on both their lips.

oOoOoOoOo

"I don't want to do this," Aria groans, debating as to whether or not she wants to change shirts or not. She's not too sure if she's dressed appropriate enough.

"That makes two of us," Colin mutters in agreement. Turning to look at Aria, he takes a moment to admire his wife. She's wearing a simple, lime yellow, V-Neck t shirt that stops short just above her belly button, some skinny jeans, and indigo heels. She has on light makeup and her wedding ring with some silver studs is her only accessories. "You look nice," he compliments truthfully.

She flashes him a small smile, "Thanks." She looks over his outfit, "You look nice too." It's true though. Wearing a fitted black t shirt, some expensive looking jeans, his typical snapback and Jordans, Aria can't help but admire how handsome Colin is.

"Oh, I know," Colin replies cockily, only to earn a glare from his wife. He just laughs it off as he watches his wife examine her appearance over and over again in his full size mirror. He finds himself slightly turned on as she shakes her hair numerous times to find a look she is comfort with. He internally groans as he thinks about how the simplest things she does makes him aroused.

"Shit," Aria exclaims rather loudly as Colin realizes she's now holding her pathetic excuse of a phone.

"What?"

"It froze up again," she rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "I swear I hate this phone so damn much. You don't even know."

Colin makes a mental note to see about getting Aria a new phone, preferably an iPhone since he's noticed how much she seems to like his.

"Use mine," he offers, grabbing his phone out his back pocket and reaching it towards her.

Aria bites her lip and looks at him and the phone reluctantly, "But I want to take selfies."

He chuckles amusingly, "I don't care." A beat. "I don't have any pictures of you on my phone anyway."

After about a minute of mental deliberation, Aria takes the phone from him and makes her way over to the mirror. Just as she's about to take a picture, she glances over at her husband. "Hey," He looks up. "Will you take one with me?" He looks at her questioningly, "Please?" She pouts and Colin chuckles.

"You're lucky I actually like your ass," he chides, sauntering over by her.

"Well duh," he playfully glares at her while she simply chuckles amusingly. Placing his arms around her waist from behind, he can't help but roll his eyes when he notices her tilting the phone at a ninety degree angle.

"Why the hell do you do that?" He laughs.

She scrunches her eyebrows together and looks up at him with confusion, "Do what?"

"Hold the phone like that," he quirks an eyebrow.

She opens her mouth as if to say something, but nothing comes out. "I don't know," she admits, baffled by her lack of a reason, rather than his random question.

He laughs and kisses the top of her head, "You're something else Ms. Arianna James."

"Correction," she smirks, turning around to face him. "Mrs. Arianna Kaepernick." Stealing a kiss, she doesn't notice when he sneaks the phone away from her and snaps a flick as the two continue to kiss. It's only when Colin snakes his hand down and gently squeezes Arianna's derrière does she pull back and playfully punch his arm.

"Ass," she shakes her head amusingly.

"I just did," he replies smugly.

"I hate you," she laughs, shaking her head. Looking back at the mirror, she notices he's taking more pictures. Making different faces, she poses for more pictures.

The two continue taking pictures, occasionally changing expressions and stances. Unbeknownst to both of them, Jennifer walks in and just quietly observes the couple. Smiling softly, she feels her heart warm. She can see the connection growing between the two minute by the minute.

"I hate to intrude," she clears her throat and smiles amusingly as the couple turns around, both showing vastly different facial expressions.

"Then don't," Colin mutters bitterly.

Smacking him on the bicep, a blushing Arianna attempts to move out of his embrace, only to realize he has no intent on letting her free. Pouting, she crosses her arms and simply relaxes into his hold.

"Too bad superstar," Jennifer sasses back, walking over and sitting down at Colin's desk. "We have to go over a few last minute things before this interview."

Colin rolls his eyes, "Can't I just fill Ari in on the way?"

"No," Jennifer shoots back rather quickly. Today is the day Colin and Arianna publicly comment/confirm their romance and subsequent "marriage" via an interview with E News. "Now, I've arranged for Terrence J to conduct the interview because I know you've crossed paths with him once or twice Colin," she looks at the athlete who nods in confirmation. "And Arianna, I remembering you mentioning you were a fan?"

"Yes mam, that was bae back in middle school," she laughs, only to have Colin look down and glare at her. "What? I said middle school." The glaring continues, "Oh come on, like you didn't have a thing for Rocsi!" Colin opens his mouth, but quickly closes it. "That's what I thought." She smirks in victory.

"Anyway," Jennifer says rather loudly. "Arianna, these interviewers can be sneaky at times. They'll ask you a question that was originally off limits, you decline to answer, they'll ask it again, just worded differently. Not only that, but you absolutely must be cautious of your facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. These things are crucial. They can make or break an interview. If you want the public to believe this story, you must make them believe it.-"

"Umm," Arianna interrupts. "I don't mean to cut you off, but with all due respect Jennifer, you do realize I'm a performance art major right? Poker faces are my specialty. I live for acting, which is all this really is to be honest."

"Well not all of it," Colin interjects.

"The point is," Arianna stresses the ‘is', indicating her annoyance with being cut off. "I got this. We," she motions to Colin. "-got this."

oOoOoOoOo

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes, you were!"

"Goddamnit Colin, no I wasn't!"

"Yes you were Arianna!"

"You're impossible Colin, you know that?!"

"And you're in denial and stubborn as hell, you know that?!" Colin mocks, rolling his eyes.

Pouting and crossing her arms in true Arianna fashion, the pint-sized woman walks over from her place by his bedroom door and plants herself on top of Colin's bed. More specifically, on top of his suitcase, which is on top of his bed.

The couple's interview couldn't have went any better. The questions were relatively simple, easy, and relevant. The two, unintentionally, managed to flirt with each other throughout majority of the interview. The problem, however, occurred during the car ride on the way home. Colin had made the dire mistake of commenting on how Arianna seemed rather friendly with Terrence and would sneak subtle glances at him every so often. Was there any truth to that? Somewhat. Was it intentional though on Arianna's part? Absolutely not. Was it completely innocent? Hell yes. However, Aria's stubbornness combined with Colin's jealousy created their current disaster.

"What are you doing?" Colin questions, clothes in hand, as he walks out of his closet.

"I'm not speaking to you," she replies indignantly.

"Real mature Arianna," he comments dryly.

Arianna scoffs, "You're one to talk."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

Aria turns to look at him and cuts her eyes, "It means that it's your immaturity and baseless jealousy is the reason for me not talking to you."

"My immaturity? My immaturity?" Colin questions in complete shock. "You're the one sitting on top my suitcase with your mouth poked out like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum, but I'm the one being immature?" A beat. "And I am not jealous."

"The hell you're not," Aria rebuffs, turning her head. "And I-what the hell?!" She suddenly stops mid-sentence and screams out the latter, when her eyes land on something in the corner of the room.

"What's wrong?" Colin questions, any trace of annoyance or frustration gone and now replaced with pure worry and concern.

"It's-it's-it's-" Aria stammers, speaking in a high pitch. "Oh my God it moved!" She shrieks and crawls off the suitcase, moves toward the head of the bed, before standing up.

"What moved?!"

"That!" Aria screams, almost hysterical as she points towards the floor by Colin's bedroom door.

Looking in the direction that Aria is pointing in, Colin has to squint his eyes for a moment to locate the problem. Throwing his clothes toward his desk, Colin turns to look at his terrified wife, "Seriously Aria?"

"Don't turn away from it! That'll give it a chance to run!"

"It's a spider Arianna," Colin states blankly.

"So?! Spiders have brains too! They're deceptive little motherfuckers," she nods vehemently. "Now would you please kill it before it attacks me?!"

"It's a goddamn spider Arianna!" Colin shouts, somewhat wondering how someone with a mouth like hers could be so scared of a tiny insect. "What the hell is it gonna do? Web you to death?!"

"Maybe!" Aria whines, on the verge of tears.

"Oh for the love of God," Colin shakes his head at the ridiculousness of his wife. Cautiously walking over, he hesitates only for a second before squashing the dime-sized insect. Turning around and walking back over by his bed, he looks at Aria and tries his damn hardest not to bend over in laughter.

"Is it dead?" She whispers quietly, as if talking too loud will revive it.

"Yes Arianna, it's dead," he confirms, before letting his eyes travel behind her, up on the ceiling. "Yo what the fuck is that!?" He screams.

Arianna filled with terror, shrieks loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and jumps into Colin. Using his impressive and instant reflexes, gets a firm grasp on his petite wife as she buries her head into his chest.

"I hate bugs," she cries. "Los odio de mierda."

"Aria," Colin manages to get out while suppressing his laughter. "Baby, I was just messing with you." She peers up at him, "There's nothing there."

Cautiously, she looks over at the corner of the ceiling and upon further inspection, she realizes he's right.

"You fucking asshole you!" She shouts, beating on his chest as she wiggles out of his grasp. Releasing her, Colin finally releases the laughter he's been suppressing for the longest. "You're such a fucking jerk! What kind of person plays that kind of vile mind game with people?!" She yells, as she marches out of the room. Even as she walks to her own room, Colin can still hear his enraged continuing to rant.

"Don't forget babe, the flight leaves in 3 hours," he manages to get out through his uncontrollable laughter.

"FUCK YOU!"

 

He laughs even harder.






Chapter End Notes:

I know it's not as good as previous ones, but I'm trying to get back into my groove. 

Oh, and even though I don't care to elaborate on it, I feel you all should know. I no longer have a co-author. She and I are no longer friends, let alone best friends and therefore from here on out, this story is a single person effort. She gave me many ideas and when I implement them I will give her credit, but that's about it. It's still a very sore subject because this person and I had been friends since we were little kids, but alas, life goes on. 

 

Next chapter is when things are really gonna start picking up. I hope you all are ready....

 

Reviews make my day :)

 

And they also will be like early bday presents to me (Jan 16th). :D

 

God Bless,

Amber







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.