Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“I want a rematch!” Derrick pants, wiping the slight sheen of sweat on his forehead. “Start that shit over again!”

 

Maya smirks, gulping down a decent amount of water, before throwing the empty bottle to the side. “Why? Won’t make a difference. Imma whoop that ass just like I been doing.”

 

“Yeah D,” Ricardo chimes, coming back from the kitchen after dumping his and Kay’s plate. “Let the rest of us get our turns.”

 

“Not until I beat her,” the NBA player vowed.

 

“You’re not gonna beat her Derrick,” Kay throws her hands up. “The sooner you realize that the better!” Rising up off the sofa, Wii remote in hand, she goes and stands in front of him. “Now step aside so someone who actually has a chance of winning can play.”

 

Derrick, mumbling along the way, ripped the controller off his wrist and tossed it to Ricardo who caught it without even trying.

 

“I expect to have my money by the end of the night too boo,” Maya teases, disconnecting her controller so Kay can connect hers.

 

“Fuck you Maya,” Derrick grunts, plopping down on the sofa, pulling out his phone.

 

“It’s just a game dude,” I remind him, attempting to make him feel better. “Plus, if it makes you feel any better, Maya has been playing tennis since like elementary school.”

 

“Gee thanks Arianna,” Derrick says with a huge fake ass smile. “Might have mentioned that shit a bit sooner, like before I was out $200 bucks.”

 

Maya quips an eyebrow going to sit next to him. “Umm if you seriously hurting for $200 then we need to talk about your finances. Cause I don’t fuck with broke ass niggas.”

 

“You really know how to cheer a man up Maya,” Kaydence shakes her head. Reaching in the back pocket of her shorts, she pulls out a hair tie and secures it around her full hair, giving her a high ponytail.

 

“It ain’t even about that,” Colin sounds from under me. You already know where I am so no since in even saying it. “Bro just upset he got beat by a girl. His girl at that.”

 

Woman,” Maya corrects, throwing her long legs on top of Derrick. Her eyes glance over to his phone and she must see something, because I can see her jaw shift, eyes squint, and arms cross. “Who ya talking to?”

 

He looks at her briefly before clicking something on his phone and putting it away, “Nobody.” His answer comes out way too fast, and smooth for my liking and clearly Maya’s too.

 

She pauses before shrugging her shoulders, “Okay.” She looks away from him, focusing her eyes on the TV screen. Oh damn. She’s pissed now. I know. Derrick should have just told her who it was he was texting. Shit is bound to come back up later tonight. So not looking forward to that.

 

“You ready?” Ricardo asks Kay who was starring off into space. She nods. He looks at the screen and presses play. His reaction as both of their Mii’s appear on their screen is hilarious. “Oh hell naw,” he moans, throwing his left arm up, doing a 180 before he turns to look back at her. “How the HELL is your skill level a damn 3000?! I didn’t even know shit went that high.”

 

“She probably been playing baseball since elementary school,” Derrick mumbles from the sofa. “Right Aria?” He throws back at me sourly. I roll my eyes. He really is not good at losing clearly.

 

“Actually,” Kay smirks. “Wii was the first time I had ever played baseball. But I’m a dancer Rico, and a Performance Art major. Hand eye coordination, attention to detail, quick reflexes-“

 

“Yeah yeah,” Ricardo waves off her explanation. “Basically, I’m fucked. You want your money now or naw?”

 

She giggles “Aww come on, you never know. You might get lucky babe.”

“How lucky?” Ricardo smirks, looking at her with lustful eyes.

 

“Eww,” I grimace. “Nobody wants to hear about your freaky ass sexual escapades.”

 

“Look who’s talking,” Maya smirks, looking over at Colin and I. “The freak of the week herself.”

 

“How’s that bruise anyway Aria?” Kay questions innocently, cocking her head to one side. I swear; I really do hate them some days.

 

“That’s my nigga,” Derrick nods proudly, placing his hands behind his head. “Always putting in work.”

 

Gasping, I turn around to look at Colin who has his eyes everywhere except on me. “You told him?!” I shriek, feeling warmness grow in my cheeks.

 

“And me,” Ricardo laughs, enjoying this little conversation entirely too much.

 

Finally, my big-mouthed ass husband looks at me. “You told Kaydence!”

 

“And Maya,” my former best friend chimes. “Can’t forget me.”

 

Sucking my teeth, I turn back around and cross my arms. Colin pulls me into him, leaning down and whispering in my ear. “Still glad you invited them over?”

 

“Shut up Colin.”

 

OoOoOoOo

 

“This the last time I ever do any bets with your scheming ass,” Ricardo mutters bitterly, counting out his cash after a quick run to the ATM.

 

“Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Lockette,” Kay replies sweetly, accepting the $300 cash before placing it in her bra.

 

“Did you even score any points at all man?” Derrick questions, shaking his head as Ricardo heads into the kitchen, but not before flipping him off.

 

“That was a sweep,” Colin laughs, as I feel him shift underneath me. “You ready to go babe?”

 

“Hell yeah,” I exclaim, untangling my legs and standing up. Stretching my arms, I walk across the room and grab my Wii controller off the table.

 

“We need some music up in here cause I’m getting tired of hearing the same ol’ boring ass shit from ya’ll,” Maya complains, getting up as well and grabbing the remote for the house’s sound system. It’s actually pretty badass. Colin’s house has speakers located in almost every room allowing for a song, or different songs to play at the same time.

 

“Hits Playlist,” Maya says aloud, looking at the remote. “Shuffle and play.”

 

“Ayyee,” I start twirling my hips to the hypnotic beat of ‘Trap Queen’ by Fetty Wap.

 

This.Is.My.Damn.Song.

 

“I’m like ‘hey, wassup, hello’,“ Kay and I start singing along to the song. Did I mention she loves this song probably even more than I do? “Seen your pretty ass soon as you came in the door.”

 

“I swear; ya’ll piss me the fuck off. Deadass.” Maya complains, going and sitting back down on the sofa. We ignore her as we continue to sing along.

 

“Why?” Colin questions, clearly amused by the sight. “You don’t like this song?”

 

“I did,” she responds, stressing the last word. “Until Destiny’s Child decided to play and sing it 24/7 almost every fucking drive to and from work.”

 

“Don’t be mad because we made you Michelle Maya,” Kay smirks, as she slow grinds on me. “Hence why you never get to participate.”

 

“Yo,” Ricardo announces, walking back in with a drink in hand. “I don’t know what the fuck I missed,” he says keeping his eyes on Kaydence on I as move my body in sync with her sensual movements. “But I am so down.”

 

“And I get high with my baby, I just left the mall I’m getting fly with my baby, yeahhh,” Kay sings solo, before looking at me to take the next verse. Yes, we have our self-assigned “parts.” Don’t judge.

 

“And I can ride with my baby, I be in the kitchen cooking pies with my baby.” I sing, laughing as I notice all three men have their phones out recording us.

 

“…I be in the kitchen cooking pies. I’m like ‘hey, wassup, hello!’” We finish together. The guys whistle and clap for us as Maya just rolls her eyes, but with a smile on her face.

 

“Hey,” Derrick starts, with an impressed look on his face. “I didn’t know ya’ll could sing like that.”

 

“Of course we can sing silly,” Kay laughs, with a wave of her hand. “You can’t just be a Performance Art and Drama major without being able to carry a note.”

 

I nod, as Colin types on his phone. I swear, if he puts me on Snapchat again. I’m gonna flip shit.

 

 “You ready for me to shut your ass down Kaepernick?” I smirk, as he looks up at me returns my smirk. Throwing his phone toward the sofa, he looks back at me and raises his chin.

 

“You sure talking a lot of shit for someone who’s about to have they 3ft ass handed to em’.”

 

::.Maya POV.::

 

I smile to myself as my best friend and her man go back and forth with insults, taunts, and such. I’m still not 100% okay, per se, with this whole situation. I mean, they got together via a wild night of drinking and ended up married. Things like this just don’t happen. Especially not to people like us. But, I’ve never seen Arianna this happy so whatever makes her happy, or rather, whoever makes her happy, I’ll support wholeheartedly.

 

I look up when I feel Derrick playing with my legs. He lets his fingers trail up the bare skin.

 

Derrick

 

This man has got me all fucked up. I tried for the longest to ignore my feelings for him. Allowing yourself to get caught up in emotions can only lead to heartbreak. Colton taught me that better than any nigga I’ve ever dated. Men are just dogs in general though. Derrick is different though. Is he annoying as hell? Yeah. Does he always seem to say the wrong thing at the wrong time? Hell yeah. But does he seem to stick by and with me no matter how bad I treat him? Absolutely.

 

I can’t front. There are times when I intentionally try to kick shit off with him just to see his reaction and every time he always proves my assumptions wrong. It’s like he knows I’m trying to see if he’s gonna end up fucking me over like everyone else. He’s determined to prove me wrong though and I’m not gonna lie, his dedication to me, to us, makes my heart warm.

 

I didn’t know if that shit was even possible.

 

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel my phone vibrate in my chest. Benefits of having big boobs?  Convenient ass cell holders. Pulling out my iPhone, I type in the passcode to see it’s a message from Derrick.

 

I look up at him, cocking my head to the side, “Really?”

 

He looks at me innocently, “What?” I shake my head. “Open it.”

 

“What if I don’t want to?” I suck my teeth.

 

He mimics my actions, “Girl, if you don’t stop and just open the damn message.”

 

“You lucky we ain’t at my place or I’d rip ya ass a new one for talking to me like that,” I mutter, but finally giving in and opening his aggy ass text. It’s a picture. Scrunching my eyebrows, I open it to see it’s an Instagram link. Clicking the link, I’m redirected to the app. It brings me to a picture on Derrick’s page. A picture of me. He had to have taken it tonight because it was clearly shot from the angle where he’s sitting right now. Identical to our current position, I’m looking towards the TV with a smile on my face, one arm against the back of the sofa, and the other on the arm rest.

Caption: I done took ya heart girl. Hold it up for ransom.

 

I smile broadly. See what I mean? Nigga is knocking down all of my damn walls.

 

Biting my lip, I like the picture and comment: We don’t wanna never end.

 

Clicking the photo icon, I go through my gallery and pick a pre-formatted (aka a picture I’ve already resized on Square Ready) of Derrick and me. It’s from a few days ago. I remember it almost like it was yesterday. We were in bed. Yeah, we were naked but you can’t see anything. He’s hovered over me, face nuzzled in my neck with only the top part of my right breast visible with the rest being Derrick’s bare back. I don’t have any makeup on, and my hair wild as hell (hint hint), but my eyes are closed and the content look on my face is perfect. I add the caption:

 

Swear I don’t want nobody but you baby…

 

Satisfied, I post, screenshot, and send to Derrick before slipping my phone back in my bra.

 

Looking under my eyelashes, I internally chuckle when I see the big ass smile appear on his face as he seems to open my message. I prepare to make a smartass comment when I notice his smile drops almost immediately as it’s replaced by a scowl.

 

“Ayo R, let me holla at you for a second bruh.” He announces with an eye roll, and carefully moves my legs off him. “I’ll be right back,” he informs, looking at me apologetically.

 

I don’t respond, and instead cut my eyes at him and look toward the TV. Too much? Maybe. But it seems like lately shit always seems to come up with him at the worse times. It has to do with whoever has been texting him. Who he’s been texting. Like, we were actually having a moment or whatever and he chooses now to just walk out. Whatever. Two can play that game.

 

I wait until Derrick and Ricardo exit out onto the patio.

 

“Kay,” she looks at me. “Come with me to the bathroom.”

 

“But the game is getting good,” she whines, motioning to Colin and Aria who are going at it hard as fuck. Honestly, you would think they’re fighting each other for their lives. It’s actually really entertaining, but I need to ask Kay what’s going on with her (for real) and I can’t do it in the presence of Colin.

 

“Oh, shut up and come on.”

 

She groans, and puts her drink down before following me upstairs and into the guest bathroom.

 

“What? I don’t wanna miss too much.” She says immediately, closing and locking the door behind her.

 

I close the toilet seat and sit down, getting my thoughts together.

 

“Maya?” She questions after I don’t say anything. “Bitch, if you don’t spit it out-“

 

“Kaydence, what’s going on with you?” I look her dead in the eyes. “And don’t give me that, lack of sleep bullshit. Something is up with you and we not leaving this damn bathroom until I find out what it is.” She looks at me and I can almost swear I see her gulp. “Get to talking woman.”

 

::.No one’s POV.::

 

Ricardo simply watches the point guard pace across the patio for a good five minutes before he finally says something.

 

“Look D,” he says with a sigh. “I ain’t come out here to watch you walk. So-“

 

“She’s pregnant.”

 

Ricardo’s annoyed expression immediately drops. He heard him wrong. He had to.

 

“Maya not pregnant Derrick,” he shakes his head, trying to convince himself more than anything.

 

“You’re right, she’s not.” Derrick confirms

Ricardo places his hand over his chest, “Derrick that shit ain’t funny. I was about to-“

 

“But Diamond is.”

 

::.Arianna POV.::

 

“See,” I take another swing at Colin who dodges it. “This wasn’t so bad after all.”

 

“Well,” he curses as I manage to get him in his side. “Considering everyone has scattered and we’re finally alone.” This time, I curse as he jabs me. “Yeah, I guess it wasn’t so bad.”

 

I smile, and shake my head. “So what time do I need to be up tomorrow anyway?”

 

He glances at me, “For what?”

 

Taking that opportunity, I manage to knock him out. Unfortunately, this was only his first, so he’ll be up in no time.

 

“To bring you to the airport duh.” I answer wish a small smile.

 

“Oh,” he says plainly. My smile falters. “About that,” we turn our attention back to the TV as his Mii finally gets up. “I already have a ride.”

 

The fuck?

 

“Oh,” I unintentionally repeat him. “Who?”

 

“My mom,” he answers reluctantly. Seriously? He’s gonna have that poor woman come out at God knows what time when I can do it? Nope.

 

“Colin, why would you ask Mama Teresa to come bring you when I can just as easily do it?”

 

He takes a few moments to respond, as he hits my Mii with a whooping blow that knocks me out. Gotta wait for her to get up now. Shit.

“I never said it was her….” He trails off.

 

What? I’m so confused.

 

“If not her then,” I stop as realization dawns on me. “Your birth mother.”

 

Wait. Since when are they speaking? He hasn’t mentioned her at all, to me at least, since that luncheon I had with her, Mama T, and his whorish sister-in-law all those weeks ago.

 

“I didn’t realize you still spoke to her.”

 

“Why wouldn’t I?” He questions, sounding slightly offended. “Just because you don’t-“

 

Hold up.

 

I pause the game and look at him.

 

“What are you talking about? Colin, I’ve text your mother multiple times since I met her and not once has she text me back. Not once.”

 

It’s true. I thought maybe she got a new number or maybe even her phone was cut off, but hearing Colin saying he’s been in constant contact with her tells me that’s clearly not the case.

 

Now it’s his turn to look confused, “She told me she’s texted you multiple times and you’ve never responded.”

 

Okay. What.The.Fuck.

 

I shake my head, “I don’t know what she’s talking about Colin. Maybe there was a mix-up in numbers but I sure as hell haven’t heard from her, and according to her, she hasn’t heard from me.” I can see he’s a little bothered by the slight shade I just threw at that woman. I don’t care. Maybe there was in fact a screw up when we exchanged numbers. I don’t think so though. Something isn’t settling right with me. Why would she lie?

 

“Darth should be over tomorrow too by the way to check on you.”

Aw hell no. Shit keeps getting worse.

 

“Your brother-in-law?” Aka Mr. Feel-Em-Ups. “Why?” I grimace.

 

Colin rolls his eyes, “Cause I asked him and Linds to look after you and the house while I’m gone.”

 

My eyes widen. What the hell?! Tour guide Barbie too?! Hell no. Brother, I can tolerate, but not her. She’ll have my ass in jail for attempted murder.

 

“Wh-“ I struggle to create a sentence. “Colin, when the hell did you plan on telling me all this? Better yet, did you even think to ask me if I’m okay with your brother and Linds,” I mock the nickname he used for her. “-checking up on me like I’m some child-“

 

“This is why I didn’t want to tell you,” he rolls his eyes and moves to head for the kitchen. He slides off his controller and tosses it on the sofa. I do the same. “I knew you would react like this.”

 

Of course, I follow his ass.

 

“Act like what Colin?” I press, right on his heel. “Like a 21 year-old-woman who doesn’t like being monitored, or better yet dislikes being left out the loop until the last minute?” He just looks at me. “All I’m saying is I wish you would have communicated with me-“

 

“Communicate,” Colin chuckles sarcastically. “Aren’t you one to talk?”

 

I place my hand on my hip, “Excuse me?”

 

“What is your issue with my family anyway?” He questions directly. “You seem fine with my parents, but with my birth mother, Darth and Lindsay, it’s like you been feeling some type of way.”

 

I suck my teeth, “And even if I was, what difference would it make?” Silence. “Absolutely none.” I walk past him to get a drink out the fridge.

 

“Where are you going?” He asks me, clearly wanting to finish this discussion. I’m done though. He’s legit pissed me the fuck off.

 

“Just leave me alone,” I sigh, not even turning to look at him. At this moment, God forgive me for saying this, but I see a little of him coming out.

 

Just like Kendall

 

“What did you just say?” I freeze. I did not just say that shit out loud. “Who the fuck is that?”

 

I clench my eyes shut. This night is slowly turning into a nightmare.

 

“No one. Just drop it, okay?” I shake my head. “I don’t feel like discussing it”

 

“Of course you don’t,” he laughs bitterly. “Ya know, it’s amazing how you can grill me on whatever the hell it is you’re upset about at that moment. But the minute I try to ask you about shit, you shut everything down.”

 

I frown. Does he really think that of me? “That’s not true and you know it.”

 

“Oh?” He quips an eyebrow. “Aside from earlier today, when have you ever given me a straight answer about your life? You always dance around the subject and give me fragments.” His gaze suddenly softens slightly. And honestly? I can deal with that Ari. Swear to God, I can. But what I can’t deal with is you bringing up another nigga and not even giving me the decency of explaining it. What am I supposed to think?”

 

I look at him in shock. It’s hard to believe the words that are coming out of his mouth. “You’re supposed to trust me Colin.”

 

He closes his eyes and chuckles sadly, “Just forget it.” He moves to walk past me.

 

“Colin wait-“ I grab his arm to stop him from leaving, but he jerks it from me, raising it. “NO!” My eyes widen, heartbeat slows down and drink drops from my hand. I let out an ear-piercing scream as my arms immediately go to cover my face. “I’m sorry! Please don’t!” I instantly start to plead. Not even looking at his face, I see his feet move closer to me and I jump back against the oven door. “Kendall I’m sorry! I’ won’t do it again!” Falling down, I continue to keep my arms up as I protect my face, allowing the tears to come gushing out. “Just please don’t hurt me!”

 

::.No One’s POV.::

 

As soon as the scream is heard throughout the house, Derrick and Ricardo are the first back in the house.

 

“What happened?” Derrick is the first to ask, eyes widening at the sight before him.

 

“Colin, what-“

 

“Get the hell away from her!” Kaydence yells at Colin, pushing him out the way as she and Maya come rushing from upstairs.

 

“Breathe honey, breathe.” Maya kneels directly in front of the hyperventilating young woman. “Aria, sweetie, it’s okay. You’re safe.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Aria continues to repeat through tears. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Kendall is gone Arianna,” Kay kneels down next to Maya. “He can’t hurt you anymore chica.” She brushes her fingers across her best friend’s hair. “We won’t let him.”

 

Maya turns around, “Colin-“ He’s not there.

 

Derrick and Ricardo who were almost frozen in shock at the scene unfolding in front of them, look around the kitchen for their friend who was there just moments ago. Nothing.

 

He’s gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

I apologize for any mistakes. Proofreading is NOT my forte. Smh. I almost ALWAYS miss something. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.