Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Flashback


May 17, 2009


 


Arianna stood dangerously still. The hot water slammed down on her body, soaking her from head to toe. She had been in there so long that the shower door was all fogged up. The salty tears that continued to leak from her eyes intertwined with the water coming from the showerhead. Her toes and fingers were all prune like seeing as how she hadnÕt moved for a good twenty plus minutes. She couldnÕt move though. No, she was stuck. The image from yesterday stuck at the forefront of her mind.


 


She never did like math. Always hated it. So, it seemed only appropriate that a tiny plus sign would become the symbol that would forever change her life. She couldnÕt accept the first one though. She took another one. Same thing. Then another one, with the same results as the first two. After five consecutive plus signs, she realized she was wasting her time and money. The outcome was inevitable.


 


She was pregnant.


 


The word felt strange on her lips, almost foreign. She had only uttered it once, and since stuck to keeping it in her mind. According to her calculations, she was roughly two months along. Her hand cautiously made her way to her stomach as she looked down. She still wasnÕt showing. Thank God, but while a bump hadnÕt formed, other symptoms seemed to increase by the day. She had put on a few pounds. Most of the weight gain seemed to go straight to her chest and hips. Her breast were extremely tender, appetite had increased and of course, no period.


 


She honestly had no idea what she was going to do, let alone would do. She hadnÕt told anyone. Not even Maya or Kaydence. As sad it was, the girls seemed to be drifting apart more and more. Kaydence job at their local dance studio along with her other extracurricular activities kept her busy while Maya was consumed with her apprenticeship as their history teachers, Mr. OÕ ConnorÕs student assistant. Plus, with graduation just around the corner, things were even more hectic.


 


Arianna had no idea what KendallÕs reaction would be like. It was almost impossible to predict it. She learned a long time ago that KendallÕs response to certain situations would always leave you on edge. Although, she had a gut feeling he would go ballistic. During the better times in their relationship, he had always discussed them having children one day. The thought used to make her smile. SheÕs always wanted to have children, to be the mother she herself had always wanted, but never had. Now, the thought that not only is she going to be a mother at seventeen, but with a psychotic, controlling, and abusive man like Kendall makes her want to vomit.


 


She contemplates running away, but that idea is shot down just as it came. Jamie, her legal guardian, with all his money and resources would have her ass located and dragged back home before she could even make the state border.


 


Wealth had its setbacks.


 


Thinking of his reaction causes chills to go down her spine. Unlike the childÕs father, Arianna could mentally picture his reaction. He would kill her. Possibly literally. The scandal it would create would tarnish his image. People would talk. She would become an overnight scandal. Jamie didnÕt do scandals. If he didnÕt end her life, he would no doubt kick her out the house with nothing but the clothes on her back.


 


She started crying harder.


 


She truly had nowhere to turn and no one to turn to.


 


Finally gathering up the motivation, and realizing sheÕs beginning to sweat, Arianna finishes her shower. Walking out the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around her body and head, she glances at herself in the full body mirror. She turns away. ItÕs hard looking at her reflection, at what sheÕs become, at what she has allowed herself to become.


 


Pulling her bran and underwear on, she slips on a form fitting robe and heads to pick out her outfit. Just as sheÕs about to turn the knob for her closet door, she pauses. Her head slowly turns in the direction of her closed laptop located on her desk. She bites her lip. She canÕt. How could such a thought even cross her mind? But as she battles internally, physically, her legs carry her over to the desk where she sits and opens up the laptop.  


 


With shaking fingers, she types in the damning words into Google:


 


Planned Parenthood.


 


Clicking the ÔLearnÕ tap, she takes shaky breath, clicking the first link:


 


Abortion


 


In a time span of five minutes, she learned that California was a state where, at seventeen, she could have the procedure done without anyone (Jamie specifically) having to know. There were two separation operations she could have done or even take a pill. The operations would take no more than thirty minutes. The cost was a bit much, with the website saying it could take up to $1,500. Quickly locating the closest center near her, she grabbed a pen and piece of paper scribbling down the phone number before stuffing it in her robe pocket.


 


ÒAria,Ó She jumps up and slams her laptop shut at the sound of Maya knocking on her door. ÒYou almost ready?Ó


 


ÒY-yeah,Ó Aria replies calmly. ÒIÕll be out in like ten.Ó


 


ÒOkay.Ó


 


Arianna lets out a breath she didnÕt even realize she had been holding in when she hears MayaÕs footsteps leading her away from her bedroom door.


 


Pulling out the scrunched up paper out of her pocket, she looks at it and quickly puts it right back as the tears start to fall again.


 


ÒWhat the hell am I going to do?Ó


 


OoOoOo


 


Kaydence groans, sitting up in her bed and rubbing her eyes. The damn alarm clock woke her up in the middle of a good ass dream. Looking at the time, her eyes grow wide as she sees the time.


 


ÒDamn,Ó she frowns. Ò8:35. Imma be late for church, again.Ó


 


ÒMan,Ó Kay freezes at the groggy voice that comes out from next to her. ÒTurn that shit off!Ó She rolls her eyes as realization quickly sets in. She knows that voice. All too well. Still, the initial shock causes her to jump and fall out her bed, creating a loud ÔthudÕ sound.


 


ÒKay!Ó She hears Arianna call out from down the hall. ÒYou good?Ó


 


She looks at the browned skinned man in her bed and rolls her eyes, ÒIÕm fine!Ó


 


Arianna takes a moment to reply, ÒOkay, but you do realize we have to be at church in like, less than half an hour, right?Ó


 


Kay runs her hands through her unruly hair, ÒIÕll be ready girl.Ó


 


Jamie wasnÕt very religious, but had always made the girls attend church as children. When they became of driving age, Maya took over the role of making sure the girls still attended. She was also really the only one who still paid attention to the teacher. Despite her affair with Colton, aka her teacher, she still liked to maintain her Ôgood girlÕ image. She liked being seen as the girl who had all her shit together.


 


Finally getting up off the floor, she glared at the football player.


 


ÒWhat the fuck are you doing in my bed Quentin?!Ó She yelled harshly.


 


ÒI was sleeping,Ó he turned over on his back. ÒThat is, until you decided itÕd be a good idea to just sit and stare at your basic ass alarm clock.Ó


 


Kaydence shook her head. Did he not know the drill? Fuck and leave.


 


Hopping on the bed, and sitting on top of him she used two fingers to poke him in his head.


 


He smacked her hand away, ÒWould you get the fuck off of me so I can take my ass back to sleep?Ó


 


ÒSeriously Quentin, you need to get your shit and get out of my room.Ó She crosses her arms. ÒI told your ass to leave after you busted your second nut but yet, youÕre still here.Ó


Kay walks over to the chair Jamie graciously gave her which was located next to her bed and got all of QuentinÕs clothes.


ÒIÕm sorry Quentin, but you have to leave.Ó


He just looks at her. Sighing heavily, he gets out the bed and walks over to her, with nothing on, but his boxers.


ÒYou need to explain some shit to me because I feel like I have this all wrong.Ó A beat. ÒI thought you were feeling me.Ó


She sucks her teeth, ÒWhat exactly brought you to that conclusion?Ó


He shrugs, ÒI guess the way you were dancing on me at the party. You even asked me for my number.Ó He shakes his head. ÒNow all of a sudden youÕre kicking me out? What kind of shit is that?Ó


All he had to do was fuck her, pay her, then leave. Instead he was still here crying like a little bitch.


There was always that one.


Quentin for example, who apparently ended up catching feelings for her though she honestly didnÕt have time for it. Honestly. She fucks guys, then they get the fuck out of her room or she gets out of theirs with no fucks given. There are no hard feelings that came along with that at all. But, when it came to her money, she didnÕt play. This boy was really sitting here in his feelings


ÒJust because I danced with you, asked you for your number and fucked you numb, doesnÕt mean anything. Would you listen to yourself? We danced and we fucked, thatÕs it. I will admit, youÕre cute but you need to man up because you being all in your feelings right now after one night, is not good.Ó She says honestly, not caring about the hurt on his face.


He chuckles, ÒSo thatÕs how youÕre going to do me Kay?Ó


ÒYouÕre damn right. We wouldnÕt even be having this conversation right now if you would have just left afterwards.Ó


He smirks, ÒYou don't remember? You fell asleep after we fucked. So I decided to just stay.Ó


Her jaw tightens, ÒSo you took advantage of me falling asleep?Ó She feels her anger boiling up. ÒYeah, you need to hurry up and get out before Jamie comes and finds you in his houseÓ


He doesnÕt say anything, but starts pulling his clothes on and heads for the door.


ÒYouÕre forgetting something.Ó


He looks back at her over his shoulder, ÒWhat?Ó


ÒIÕm going to need you to pull your wallet out and pay up. You owe me 7 bills. It would have been cheaper but since you just decided to stayÉÓ


His eyes go wide, ÒGirlÉIÕm not payinÕ you shit.Ó


She places a hand on her hip, ÒNigga if you donÕt pay me, I will have all my older male foster brothers who are all fresh out of jail and waiting for a reason to go back, pounce on that ass.Ó She doesnÕt back down. Kay never plays when it comes to her money. ÒPlay with me if you want to motherfucker.Ó


He pulls out his wallet, grabbing the required number of bills and tosses it toward her.


She smiles, ÒThank you.Ó


He simply nods his head curtly, and turns away from the door, hopping out the window.


Kay kneels down to retrieve the money off of the floor and counted it to make sure it was exactly seven hundred dollars, She folded the money in half and sat it down on her nightstand.


OoOoOo


Maya and Kaydence were somewhat closer back then. Mostly because they both were pretty much doing wild shit, although Kay was unaware of Maya and ColtonÕs affair.


After church they decided to get something to eat, Arianna couldn't come because Kendall "needed her.Ó


They decided to eat at a place where they knew wouldnÕt be too busy that day MamaÕs Kitchen was a small, family owned restaurant with reasonable prices, good customer service, and delicious food. Besides, Kay was craving one of their homemade burgers.


ÒSo what took you so long to get ready?Ó Maya asks, after the waitress brings them their drinks. ÒJamie was bout to come up in there and I can tell by the tone in his voice it wasn't gonna be a happy convo.Ó Maya grimaces at the thought of Jamie upset. Lord know the horrors that come as the result of his temper.


ÒWell.....,Ó Kay nervously fiddles with her fingers. ÒYa see, what had happened was....Ó


Maya glares, ÒSpill it.Ó


A beat. ÒI woke up to Quentin still being in my bed.Ó


Maya mushed her perfectly arched eyebrows together, ÒWait. Who?Ó


ÒThat guy at the party last night,Ó Kay explains. ÒI thought he was cute so I got his number.Ó


ÒAnd he spent the night?Ó


Kay shrugs, ÒI wanted him and some money as well, but when I woke up this morning, he was still there.Ó


Maya smirks, not even all that surprised at her ÔsistersÕ antics. ÒDamn girl, you ain't on top of ya game.Ó


Kay moans, shaking her head. ÒI knowwwww,Ó she drags on the last letter. ÒI got him all in his feelings and everything. He really took that fuck as something more and IÕm not here for that.Ó


ÒDid he at least pay you?Ó Maya didnÕt agree or approve of Kaydence literally prostituting herself to the highest bidder, but sex was the only way Kay knew how to deal with her emotions. Some people drink, others smoke, Kay fucks.


ÒHeck yea! He didnÕt have a choice. Paid me $700.Ó


MayaÕs eyes widen, ÒThe fuck? What the hell does he do for a living? We are still in high school!!Ó


ÒI have no idea and I really donÕt care. All I care about is hoping I donÕt run into his crybaby ass again.Ó She shakes her head before looking at the pretty, young woman. ÒMaya, thank you so much for not judging me for what I do.Ó


ÒWho am I to judge you, Kay?Ó


ÔI mean I'm sleeping with a married man and heÕs my teacher at thatÉ. Ô Maya thinks to herself.


ÒI just thank you for not looking down on me for doing what I do and for not telling the school,Ó she says honestly. ÒI mean, IÕm pretty sure the guys talk, but itÕs just nice to know I donÕt have to worry about even more people knowing because someone talked too much, ya know?Ó


Maya nods, ÒYou told me to keep it between us so IÕm keeping it between us.Ó A beat. ÒI do have a question for you though.Ó


ÒAnd I may have an answer,Ó she laughs. ÒShoot mamacita.Ó


ÒYou do use protection when you do what you do, right?Ó


Kay looks at her as if sheÕs lost her mind, ÒOf course, Maya. IÕm not stupid.Ó


She raises her hands in a defense, ÒHey, I just had to make sure.Ó


ÒWell yes, I do. Every single time.Ó She says with a smirk. ÒMotherhood ainÕt for me. I can tell ya that right now. ItÕll be a cold day in hell before I let any nigga knock me up.Ó


End Flashback


Present Time


1 Week. 3 days. 5 hours.


 


ThatÕs how long it had been since Arianna and Colin had spoken. No phone calls No texts. Nothing. She wasnÕt surprised though. Not at all. She expected it. It finally happened. She pushed him to his breaking point.


 


That night, after Kaydence and Maya were finally able to calm her down, they convinced her that it would probably be best to stay the night with them at the condo. She obliged. Derrick and Ricardo blew up ColinÕs phone with texts and calls, but he didnÕt respond. Next time they heard from him, it was through a text that simply said. ÒPlane landed safely. Talk to yaÕll soon.Ó


 


They conveyed that message over to their respected others, but none felt like they should share it with Arianna. She simply stayed in bed all that day. Her mind replayed that harrowing incident the night before over and over again. It haunted her.


 


Realizing Colin probably didnÕt want to see her, she decided to continue stay at the condo. After the third day of no contact from him, she realized he was long gone. Again, she wasnÕt shocked. Devastated? Yes. But, surprised? Not at all.


 


ÒAll IÕm saying is he better hope I donÕt run into his high yella ass anytime soon, or I swear heÕs going missing.Ó Maya threatens, slamming the fridge door as she reaches a can of Sprite to Derrick.


 


ÒIÕll drive the getaway car,Ó Kaydence offers, sipping on her Arizona Iced Tea.


 


Ricardo rolls his eyes, ÒI know you guys are upset, but we havenÕt even heard ColinÕs side yet.Ó


 


Maya smiles brightly, ÒYouÕre so right Ricardo. Hey!Ó She sets her drink down and clasps her hands together. ÒWhy donÕt we go ask him his side?Ó She laughs then sucks her teeth, ÒAw damn we canÕt.Ó Her smile drops and an irritated scowl forms on her face. ÒBecause your boy is being a little bitch and running away from his responsibilities.Ó


 


ÒChill Maya,Ó Derrick tries to calm down the furious woman.


 


ÒNo, this is ridiculous Derrick.Ó Kay shakes her head. ÒHe could have, at the very least, text her and see how sheÕs doing.Ó


 


ÒI mean it you guys,Ó Maya bites the inside of her cheek. ÒLet me find out that nigga is dicking down some bitch-Ò


 


ÒWhoa,Ó Ricardo cuts her off. ÒThatÕs one thing I can guarantee heÕs not doing. When it comes to our game, Colin doesnÕt tolerate distractions. HeÕs there to train and get better and ready for the season. Plus, he would never hurt Arianna like that.Ó


 


ÒAnd walking away from her when she needed him the most didnÕt hurt her?Ó Kay challenges.


 


ÒUh guys-Ò


 


ÒDid it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, Arianna needs more help than what Colin can give her?Ó Ricardo shoots back quickly.


 


ÒGuys-Ò


 


ÒOh, so what, you saying sheÕs crazy or something?Ó Maya immediately jumps to her best friends defense.


 


Ricardo rolls his eyes, ÒThatÕs not what I meant-Ò


 


ÒGuys-Ò


 


ÒWell thatÕs sure as hell what it sounded like you meant.Ó


 


ÒGuy-Aw fuck it,Ó Derrick gives up, realizing heÕs wasting his time. TheyÕll realize soon enough Arianna isnÕt in her room sleeping. Yup. TheyÕll wish they had listened to him when he tried to inform him the 5Ó2 woman had snuck out the condo in the midst of their arguing.


 


OoOoOoOo


 


ÒThis is a bad idea,Ó Arianna muttered to herself. Her hands braced the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles were turning white. Looking up at the professional building in front of her, she shook her head. ÒShould have just stayed my ass home.Ó Unbuckling her seat belt, she got up out the car, locking it behind her. Pulling down her skirt as she walked, she pulled out her phone and opened the Notepad app. Reaching the entrance of the building, she looked at the address on her phone and matched it with the number on the building. Perfect match.


 


Reaching to open the door, she walks inside the building. The blaring AC strangely helping to calm her nerves. Glancing at the address again, she looked at the Suite number.


 


Ò805,Ó she says aloud, heading on the elevator and pressing the 8th floor button. Her high heels tap impatiently against the elevator floor. It feels like forever before the bell dings and the door opens.


 


ÒDamn,Ó she sighs in admiration at the elaborate office before her. ÒHampton InvestmentsÓ was extravagantly located all over the entire eight floor. ÒDefinitely not in Kansas anymore.Ó


 


Walking up to the front desk, she noticed the receptionist give her a quick full body looked. The woman turned up her nose, but quickly plastered on a fake smile.


 


ÒIs there anything I can help you with miss?Ó


 


Any other time, Arianna would drag for this woman. But, this wasnÕt the place, nor the time. Plus, the 21 year-old already felt like she was going to pass out so she figured it best to remain calm, cool, and collected.


 


Well, as best she could anyway.


 


ÒYes,Ó Arianna takes a deep breath. ÒIÕm here to see Mr. RaymondÓ


 


The womanÕs mouth drops slightly, ÒMr. Raymond? As in, CEO Raymond Hampton?Ó She nods. ÒOh, sweetie. IÕm afraid thatÕs not possible.Ó


 


Aria frowns, ÒIs he not here today?Ó


 


ÒOh, heÕs here.Ó The woman confirms. ÒUnfortunately, Mr. Hampton is a very busy man who has little time for,Ó she pulls the glasses down on her nose. ÒTrivial matters.Ó


 


ÒMam,Ó Arianna looks down, placing her hands on the counter. ÒYou donÕt understand. I have to see him. Please, itÕs extremely important.Ó The arrogant employee looks unaffected by her words. ÒJust tell him Arianna is here to see him.Ó


 


ÒMiss, IÕve already told you, Mr. Hampton cannot see you.Ó She pulls the phone off the handler, holding it to her shoulder. ÒNow, if you canÕt accept that then I will have no other choice, but to call security-Ò


 


ÒWhat seems to be the problem?Ó Both the receptionist and Arianna turn their heads sideways to the source of the voice. Aria is frozen. Her eyes lock with a surprised Raymond.


 


ÒIÕm sorry for the disturbance sir,Ó the woman begins to speak, nervousness replacing the haughtiness that was previously in her voice. ÒJust a-Ò


 


ÒClear my schedule for today Mary,Ó Raymond cuts her off sharply, eyes not once ever leaving AriannaÕs.


 


Mary looks appalled, ÒCome again?Ó


 


His head snaps to look at her, ÒYou heard me. Reschedule everything, cancel if you must, and have all my calls forwarded to my secretary.Ó His gaze returns back to a nervous Arianna. ÒI have personal affairs to attend to today.Ó


 


OoOoOoOo


 


ÒHow did you find me?Ó Raymond questions softly, looking at the short woman as the two walk around the courtyard near the professional building where one of his main offices is located. 


 


ÒWell, it wasnÕt that hard once I got your last name off the database at my job.Ó She answers truthfully. ÒMulti-millionaires-Ò


 


ÒBillionaire,Ó he corrects.


ÒOf course,Ó Arianna rolls her eyes. ÒWell, either way around, rich people arenÕt exactly the hardest to track down.Ó


 


ÒTouchˇ,Ó he chuckles. ÒBut I guess, the real question is why are you here?Ó


 


Arianna stops walking, he notices, and does the same. ÒNo,Ó she looks at him, raising her chin. ÒThe real question is-Ò she digs in her purse and pulls out the item, careful not to bend it.


 


His eyes stretch at the sight, ÒWhere-Ò


 


ÒWhy do you have a picture of me and my mother?Ó She demands, her voice strong and hard. ÒAnd where did you get it from?Ó


 


OoOoOoOo


 


ÒWhy the fuck isnÕt she answering her phone?!Ó Maya shouts, punching the armrest on the sofa. Since Colin left, Aria hadnÕt left the house unless it was for work or school, neither of which she had today.


 


ÒGuess Colin isnÕt the only one,Ó Ricardo mutters, earning a hard glare from the two young women. ÒLook, itÕs obvious she just needs some time to herself.Ó


 


ÒMaybe she just got sick of all of yaÕll,Ó Derrick mumbles, earning a hard slap upside the head. ÒWhat the fuck Maya?Ó


 


ÒThis is all your fault anyway!Ó


 


ÒMy fault?Ó he motions to himself. ÒI was trying to tell yaÕll olÕ girl was leaving, but you were too busy fighting over irrelevant shit to listen to me.Ó


 


ÒDerrick-Ò Maya is cut off by someone banging on the door. ÒOh hell no,Ó Maya twists her neck, attitude growing by the second. ÒI know someone is not beating on my damn door.Ó The knocking continues. ÒThey done picked the wrong day.Ó She hops off the sofa and marches over to the door. Not even bothering to see whom it is, she unlocks it, swinging it open. ÒI donÕt know-Colin?Ó


 


An out of breath Colin looks down at the woman, ÒWhere is she?Ó


Everyone else hearing the quarterbackÕs voice, walks over to see the 6Ó5 giant standing in the doorway.


 


ÒWhat the fuck do you want?Ó Kay spits harshly, walking over to stand next to Maya.


 


He ignores her comment, ÒLet me speak to Arianna.Ó


 


ÒShe doesnÕt want to talk to you Colin.Ó Maya says with a straight face. ÒEspecially after what you did to her. And you damn sure ainÕt coming in my house pretty boy.Ó


 


He looks down, biting his cheek. ÒLook, I know you two are mad at me-Ò


 


ÒMad is an understatement,Ó Kay cuts him off. ÒYouÕre lucky youÕre still breathing right now.Ó


 


ÒBut, I really need to talk to Arianna,Ó he looks at the two with desperate eyes. ÒPlease.Ó


 


ÒTough luck nigga cause you damn sure ainÕt coming in here,Ó Maya says almost immediately, unaffected by his obvious contrition.


 


His jaw clenches and grip on the door tightens, ÒI swear, if you donÕt let me in-Ò


 


ÒWhat you gonna do?Ó Maya challenges.


 


Going against his better judgment, and knowing heÕll never be able to earn their forgiveness, Colin pushes the door open, walking in the condo.


 


ÒThe fuck Colin?!Ó Maya shouts, going after him as he stars walking throughout their home. He stops at her room noticing itÕs empty.


 


ÒSheÕs not here bro,Ó Derrick informs, trying to calm down Maya while Ricardo deals with Kay.


 


ÒWhere is she?Ó He asks with a certain desperateness in his voice that not even his two best friends had ever heard before.


 


ÒWe donÕt know,Ó Ricardo answers truthfully, much to the girls dismay. ÒShe left like an hour ago without telling any of us and sheÕs not answering her phone.Ó


 


ÒYou know about that donÕt you?Ó Kay taunts darkly.


 


ÒLook, I know on your Superman shit right now, trying to save ya girl, but why donÕt you just wait here with us until she gets back?Ó


 


ÒWhat?!Ó Both Kaydence and Maya shout at the same time. Derrick rolls his eyes at their reaction to his offer.


 


ÒI agree with D man,Ó Ricardo joins in, also ignoring the death glares being sent his way. ÒYour best bet is waiting here.Ó


 


ÒWho knows,Ó Derrick shrugs with a light laugh. ÒShe could walk in that door right at this very-Ò


 


ÒGuys-Ò The five young adults freeze at the voice. The voice they all know. ÒWhy the hell is the front door-Ò Arianna stops dead in her tracks as she locks eyes on Colin. Ò-open.Ó


 


ÒWhy donÕt we all go pick up some pizza or something?Ó Ricardo suggests, nervously scratching the back of his neck. ÒLet these two talk, ya know?


 


ÒOne week, three days, too late for that.Ó Kaydence comments coldly.


 


ÒUnlike some people,Ó Maya says, nodding her neck in ColinÕs directions. ÒIÕm not leaving the person I care about.Ó


 


ÒStop it Maya,Ó Arianna says with a grimace. ÒBoth of you,Ó she looks over at Kaaydence too. ÒJust please, go with the guys or something. We need to talk. Alone.-Ò


 


ÒBut-Ò


 


ÒI get you guys are upset, but right now, this isnÕt about what you feel.Ó She shakes her head and points to herself. ÒItÕs about how I feel, and right now, I feel like IÕm gonna lose it if I donÕt talk to my husband.Ó She takes a deep breath, ÒPlease.Ó


Kaydence and Maya look at each other, then at Arianna, and finally at Colin.


 


ÒIf your ass isnÕt here when we get back,Ó Maya starts to threaten. ÒI will kill you in your throat.Ó She iffs at him before turning to hug Aria, grabbing her keys and purse and marching out the door.


 


Kaydence suddenly starts going off on a rant in Spanish that makes even Arianna flinch a few times before Ricardo is able to drag her feisty self out the door.


 


ÒYou kids be good now,Ó Derrick winks, as heÕs the last one to leave.


 


Arianna rolls her eyes, purposely taking her time to turn back around and face Colin.


 


ÒIÕm sorry about that,Ó she mumbles quietly, kicking air with her left heel. ÒThey get really protective over me. Sometimes too much, as you can see.Ó


 


ÒAri,Ó Colin starts, cautiously moving closer to her. ÒYou have no idea how-Ò


 


ÒColin, I swear to God if you apologize to me I will actually be mad at you.Ó She cuts him off, closing her eyes shut.


 


He stops his movement, ÒWhat?Ó He honestly was not expecting that reaction. ÒHow are you not upset with me?Ó He scoffs, angry at himself, as he even thinks about what he did. ÒI left you-Ò


 


ÒAnd not only am I glad you left, I sure as hell donÕt blame you.Ó She interrupts again, waiting for him to say something. He canÕt though. HeÕs too shocked. ÒColin,Ó she starts, looking down at the ground. ÒYou didnÕt sign up for this, okay? I get that. I really do. My disorder is not something that everyone can handle. Let alone someone who seems to be getting the short end of the stick all the time when all he wants to do is help my psycho ass.Ó


 


ÒAria-Ò


 


ÒLet me finish,Ó she requests, he nods, signaling her to continue. ÒWhat happened that night, I donÕt blame you for leaving. It was too much. You couldnÕt be bothered with all of my baggage-Ò


ÒStop,Ó Colin says firmly, his tone strongly suggesting he wonÕt take anymore of what she has to say. ÒYou thinkÉÓ he trails off, a pang of hurt flashing on his handsome face. ÒYou think I left because I didnÕt want to be bothered with you?Ó He resumes his walk towards me. ÒBaby,Ó he starts, hands reaching out to cup her face. ÒYou didnÕt see what I saw. You werenÕt just scared of me Arianna. You were terrified of me. I mean, knowing that another nigga used to put his hands on you-Ò Colin stops himself. He knows how he can get. He could literally rip the fucking door off the hinges at the mere thought of another man harming his Arianna. ÒI left because I couldnÕt handle the fact that you could ever believe IÕm capable of hurting you like that. I would never even think to lift my hand to you. You have to believe that, baby girl.Ó


 


Arianna sniffles, dropping her head, ÒI know that, I do.Ó She swallows hardly, ÒItÕs just hard getting used to not being a manÕs punching bag, ya know?Ó She chuckles sadly, before finally meeting his gaze. ÒI want this Colin. Us. I want this to work.Ó


 


ÒI know, I fucked up Aria, but believe it wonÕt happen again.Ó He vows, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. ÒIÕm in this for the long run.Ó


 


ÒMental breakdowns, mood swings, appearing acts dad and all?Ó She teases, purposely throwing on that last part.


 


Colin laughs, pulling her into him embracing her tightly. ÒWhatever it is, as long as itÕs related to you, I want it all. Good and bad.Ó He kisses the top of her head as she hugs him tighter. ÒWait,Ó he says suddenly, finally catching on. ÒWhat you mean by Ôappearing acts dadÕ?Ó He questions, slightly amused by her play on the title of the movie they had watched a few weeks back.


 


It takes a good three minutes for Arianna to finally speak.


 


ÒI found him Colin,Ó she murmurs into his chest, before looking up at him with tears gleaming in her chocolate eyes. ÒI found my father.Ó


 


 


 


 













Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.