Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

All OC belong to me :-)




Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't own anything associated with Dark Knight or Bane *tears*

This story is waaaayyyyy off cannon and all over the place (comic verse and movie verse wise) so I hope you all will bear with me. It was just stuck in my head and refused to leave until I began writing. It is also unbetaed so please please forgive any mistakes.

This is my first story here so I hope you all enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Nemesis

Bane

Nyssa

Barsad

   Barsad

 

The aftermath

"I broke you...how have you come back?"

How did the bat return? Where was Talia? Why wasn't Gotham reduced to ashes?

Those were a few of the questions swimming in his head as he lay on the ground in agony.

The blast from the Bat's wretched toy had nearly caved in his chest. The Bat's own armor was to thank for his life hanging by a thread now. The liquid suspended between the plates of the thin and lightweight vest may have saved him but it hadn't saved his precious mask from being broken.

He lay there for hours it seemed, in far too much pain to move or to know what was going on around him so he could only lie there and wait for death to come.

A loud commotion was heard as he faded in and out of blackness and he could feel himself being lifted up towards a blinding light, for a moment he wondered if this was death, but then thought better of it when the pain rippled through him anew from the jostling movements.

"Careful you fool we need him alive!" he heard someone yell.

His clothes and armor were cut away and removed before a mask was placed on his face but instead of the flow of his desperately needed medicine he received oxygen.

Needles pricked at his arm as the medical team inserted IV's and pumped him full of various drugs.

"Will he make it?"

"His condition is critical and we will have to work around the clock just to ensure he survives the journey but I think he will make it."

"You think is not good enough doctor! You'd better be damn sure he survives or else."

Bane groaned audibly at one harsh bump as he was loaded into what he could only assume was an ambulance.

"Shhh! Shhh! All will be well brother, rest now." a soft voice soothed.

'It can't be.' he fought to think amid the waves of pain and rapidly approaching darkness.

'Nyssa" he rasped, his consciousness beginning to float away again.

"I'm here and you will be safe brother, the League of Shadows has you again and all will be well." the cultured voice said before he faded away again.

*********************

Nemesis twirled a lock of hair around her finger as she tried to concentrate on the book. It was Saturday and sadly she was sitting at home and reading medical articles.

"No wonder I don't have a date." she grumbled to herself before tossing the book on the coffee table and heading back towards her room.

'Dateless be damned!' she thought as she fished through her closet for something to wear. She came across a red dress and laughed to herself, remembering when she bought the dress long ago because it clung to her body like a second skin, showing off her curves. She remembered how her best friend had gawked and asked her where her curves had suddenly come from. God she missed her friends and family.

She was already halfway through the year long residency and the amount of information she'd learned and the things she'd absorbed were staggering.

Not too long after the city had cleaned and rehabilitated itself from the carnage caused by the infamous Bane Nem had been notified of an residency opportunity.

Her parents had openly objected based on the location alone. Who in the hell would willingly go to Gotham city? God knows what would happen in that city next. The only people that willingly went there it seemed were nutcases and thrill seekers.

Nem was neither a nutcase or thrill seeker... well, she didn't think she was, but she was unafraid of Gotham and its reputation and had gladly volunteered.

Her family knew there was no fighting her on this matter, she had been an extremely gifted child growing up and worked hard in every aspect of her education.

 She decided she would visit one of the upscale bars she had heard about and decided to forgo the red dress in favor of a blouse and skirt.

As she glanced over herself in the mirror she decided that she would have one drink then leave.

When she arrived in Gotham she had been warned about going out at night by herself. Even though crime was down and the city felt safer with their newest protector around it was still unsafe for a woman to be out alone at night by herself.

'I won't be that alone. I'm taking a cab directly there and back. I'll be damned if I hole up the entire time I'm here.' she thought with a stubborn nod of her head, ignoring her gut instinct and throwing caution to the wind.

There was a chill in the air when she stepped out to hail a cab and for a moment she wondered if she should grab a jacket but she knew if she went back into the apartment she would lose her nerve to leave.

Deciding to be brave and bear it Nem quickly hailed a cab and got in.

"Where to?" the driver asked.

"Hi! How are you? Midnight Lounge please."

"Aren't you a bit young to be hitting the bars?" the man asked as he looked at her from the rearview.

"I'm 28." Nem sighed. She was always mistaken for a teenager. Damn genetics...but then again she supposed she should be thankful.

"You'll enjoy it. What's your name?" he asked.

"Nemesis but everyone calls me Nem."

"Nemesis?"

"Yeah, my mom was on some sort of mythology kick when she was pregnant with me. She came across something about the goddess Nemesis and the name just stuck. My mom is quite a character."

"Well, it's certainly one of the more interesting names I've ever heard." he said with a laugh.

Nemesis had long grown used to taunts and comments about her name so she shook it all off with a smile and a shake of her head.

When she arrived the bar was nearly empty, much to her surprise

"What can I get for you sweetheart?"

"A Vodkatini for the lady and a double scotch on the rocks for me."

"Jason! What are you doing here?" she asked, shocked to see one of her fellow residents.

"I'm more surprised to see you here Nemmy."

Nem rolled her eyes at his nickname for her. The two attended the same university and would often find themselves in the same class together.  They formed a tentative bond but would always compete with each other.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?"

"A million but I have no intention of stopping."

Their drinks were placed in front of them and Jason asked the bartender to start a tab.

"I can pay for my own drinks Jason, you don't have to do this." she protested.

"But this is a special night, not only have we hit 6 months into our residency and you have actually ventured outside of the house, a cause for celebration so drink up!" he proclaimed.

The two made small talk about their plans after the residency was over as they ate and drank.

Nem was finishing off her second Vodkatini and could already feel the tingling beginning in her feet.

"Ok, I have to stop; I'm starting to get a lil tipsy."

"After two measly drinks! Have a shot with me and we'll call it a night."

"Okay...okay." she sighed "But I have to go after this."

"Of course, I will see you home; a woman shouldn't be alone in this city at night."

"Nobody should be alone in this city at night." she countered.

 "Touché! Here's to the next six months to come." they toasted and quickly threw back the shots.

Nem grimaced and started to feel lightheaded as the alcohol coursed through her body.

"I think it's time I call it a night Jason." she said, trying to figure out why her words were slurring, she hadn't drank that much had she?

Jason paid the tab and guided her outside as he hailed a cab; her small body leaned heavily against his.

"I usually don't feel this way after a couple drinks." she said as he placed her in the cab before crawling in next to her.

"Can't hold your liquor can you?" she thought she heard him ask but she couldn't tell, everything was so jumbled and her head was spinning.

"Something's wrong." She whispered as she tried to shake her head to clear

Jason slapped the side of her face as he tried to get her head to clear a bit. "Dammit! Don't pass out on me Nem; they won't like that one bit."

"They?" she questioned."

"I don't know exactly who they are Nem. They just wanted you."

"Why?" she questioned again, still trying to fight to stay awake."

"They were offering me a lot of money, way more than I would have ever seen in my lifetime. Please don't take it personally Nemmy; you're a nice girl and all. They assured me they won't hurt you, they just need your help with a friend of theirs." he said with a wavering smile, as if that was supposed to make her feel better.

"Idiot." she muttered before falling unconscious.

*************

The light was making her head throb and all she wanted to do was scream for someone to turn it off.

 She started to do just that and slowly opened her eyes. The throbbing in her head increased tenfold, making her instantly regret the action and attempt to pull the covers over her head to block it out.

Wait a minute...covers? For a moment she wondered whose bed she was in because she certainly didn't keep such a fluffy and heavy comforter on her bed.

"Oh good you're awake!"

She contemplated staying still and pretending to be asleep but then she remembered she had pulled the damn covers over her head.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice barely a squeak and her mouth feeling as if it were cotton.

"My name is Barsad and I'm watching you on behalf of my master." he said as he approached the bed and peeled the covers back.

She shrank further into the bed, preparing to roll off and run if necessary.

"You don't have to be afraid; you won't be harmed as long as you do as you are told. Although, if you try to escape you will be killed." he said his voice calm and almost serene as he moved to pour her a glass of water.

"Why am I here?" she asked before sniffing the glass of water for anything suspicious.

"Now that explanation I will have to leave up to my master. There's a wardrobe in the corner where you will find some of your clothing. Get dressed and I will let him know you are awake." Barsad said before sitting back down in the chair.

"Aren't you going to leave?" she asked incredulously as she stretched before rising.

"Until you can be trusted you can't be left alone." he simply said.

Nem went to stand and her legs and feet crawled with a stinging sensation. She held on to the post of the bed as she wobbled with effort.

"I can barely stand!" she yelled.

"I'm afraid that's the side effects from the drugs and having been out of it for so long. We kept you asleep from the time we received you up until now."

"And how long has that been?

"Only couple days. It wasn't easy getting you here but you are part of the plan. Your legs will be fine, just let them adjust for a minute." Barsad said with a chuckle.

Nem glared at him and slowly made her way over to the wardrobe.

"Where are we?"

Barsad was silent for a while, as if he were debating whether or not to answer her.

"We're on a ship."

She waited for him to elaborate but he lapsed back into silence as she grabbed her clothes.

"You have 15 minutes to get cleaned up and dressed." Barsad said as he checked his phone. "I would hurry if I were you; he's not one to wait."

Nem huffed and quickly grabbed some clothes before hobbling over to the bathroom.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Soooo... any opinions? I added pics of the characters. Originally I had a different person for Nemesis in my head (some lovely young lady I spotted on tumblr I think) but I couldn't figure out who she was so I had to choose someone else.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.