Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Are you sure this is the right move for you dear,' Esther asked, handing her adopted daughter a cup of tea she had just prepared. Bonnie sat cross-legged on the patio fiddling with her sunglasses. Beside her sat her sister Rebekah and eldest brother Elijah. Both had impeccable tastes, as did she, but she felt out of place in her shorts and off the shoulder shirt. "We are behind you one hundred percent either way."

The family was celebrating the Labor Day holiday with a small family barbeque. Therefore, Bonnie thought to wear something comfortable, but they were in linen and she wondered if the heat was getting to them. Slipping on her glasses, she shrugged her shoulders and sighed heavily. Bonnie knew her family would be behind her, she just had to make up her mind. Earlier that week she had been offered a job with a stateside company to become their Chief Operating Officer of their Advertising department, since someone had resigned from the position weeks prior to their call.

"The job wouldn't be hard. It's what I do with Elijah at the offices in London now, but I would be in charge…complete control would be in my hands." Not to mention the significant amount of money they were offering.

"You would just be working for someone else." Rebekah chimed in, wiping the nose of her seven-month-old son Henrick. He was almost a spitting image of his mother. His cheeks were puffy and his eyes were just as blue as Rebekah's. Curly hair was a family trait and his blond curls were no different.

"Exactly, it won't be my family I see every morning, but these strange people." Bonnie clicked her tongue across her teeth and reached for the cup that had been given to her earlier. Sipping the warm liquid, she held the cup in her hands.

Elijah plucked a remaining piece of fruit from the tray in front of them and added it to growing plate. He might be more refined and quiet than the rest of his siblings, but he could really pack down the food. One wrong move and he would stab your hand with his salad fork. "Actually Bonnie, you would be working for a Board of Directors. Their Advertising division is separate from the actual firm, so you would be able to climb the ladder to CEO."

"Well, since Mr. Research here already looked into the job for me, it makes it easier to make a decision, however they want my answer face to face." Bonnie watched Elijah eat and wondered where he put it. Underneath those suits was a well-built man and he wondered if his body just dissolved the food instantly.

Esther took hold of her grandchild and spared a look to her children. "You have to fly over there just to accept the job?" She wondered aloud, spooning baby food into Henrick's awaiting mouth. Bonnie nodded and placed her cup back on the table between them all. A small hand landed on her leg and she glanced down. Elijah's daughter Sophie was covered in chocolate and wore a grin that suggested she knew what she had gotten into. Tatia rounded the corner, a frown on her face, as she argued with Kol.

"I told you not to give her chocolate! You know it makes her constipated!" She landed a slap to his arm and kissed her husband's temple before picking up her child. Elijah sighed and looked to his brother, then to his wife and child.

"Kol, for once can you watch her and not go against the few rules we have for you when it comes to her?" Bonnie watched in amusement as Kol just shrugged it off. There were still two people missing and she wondered where they were. They all were supposed to be here an hour ago.

"She wasn't even dressed when I went to get her." Tatia took the open seat between Bonnie and Rebekah, Sophie reaching for Bonnie's lap instantly. "Bonnie I really wished you could have watched her. Kol couldn't even put in a hair tie."

"Hey,' Kol interjected, 'I never said I good with children's hair. Especially girls." He pulled up his chair, sitting in it backwards behind Bonnie.

The conversation shifted back to Bonnie's job and by the time, Mikael and Klaus arrived, she had settled on an answer. It was going to be a big change, but she needed to branch out. She carried the Mikaelsen last name but she wanted it to be attached to her work and not that of her families company.

"So Bonnie, decided what you are going to do love,' Klaus asked, blue eyes boring into her own. She rolled her own green ones and nodded. Sophie settled into Bonnie's lap, resting her dark curly head against her chest.

"I am going to accept it. It will be a change, but I figured I would branch out a little." There was a collective chorus of good luck and Klaus opened his palm in Kol's direction.

Bonnie quirked a brow at the exchange of money. "Did you really bet on me?"

"Well, you kept changing your answer so we betted that you would decide today." Kol explained. It made no sense to Bonnie but it wasn't her money being switched to a different person.

"You both have no tact." Rebekah scoffed.

"Ah, dear sister, we never claimed it in the first place." Kol jumped up from his seat and held his arms out at his sides. "So are we going to eat or sit here and watch Elijah shovel fruit in his mouth?"

As if it was raining, Esther and Mikael watched their children get up and run inside to eat. Both of them sat outside for a bit longer, enjoying the silence before they would hear the loud talking of their family. "I love her,' Esther whispered. "I don't want her to go. It doesn't feel right Mikael."

Kissing the top of his wife's head, he shush her before her thoughts turned into doubts. "We have to let her make her own decisions. She's been through so much and the last thing we need is to hold her back. We will be right there when she needs us."

"A mother can worry right?" Esther looked up at Mikael.

Bonnie had been the last addition to their family. Esther so wanted another daughter but issue arose and she was unable to try for another child. They had adopted Bonnie when she was still in high school after she lost her grandmother. There was no other family reaching out to claim her and they took her in. It was hard at first. Bonnie barely talked and when school was mentioned she visibly shook, fear etching across her face. It took months before Bonnie opened up and when they learned of the horrors she went though they gave her the choice of a private tutor.

"You have all the right to worry." He replied quietly.

For a while, Bonnie sat upstairs in her room. Unlike everyone else, she stayed at the main house with Mikael and Esther. Her room was just off the staircase to the right. When she first moved in with them, she was silently amazed at how large it was and how large the property was. It was louder than the house she lived in before with her grandmother. It seemed the family was always talking to each other and she felt like an outsider when the house was abuzz with voices. From Bonnie's few, they took her in out of sympathy. Maybe like some project they thought they could fix.

She was about to move back to the states and she was nervous about it. She would be going to New York where the job was waiting. It still gave her the sense of being in the city, but she liked London better, maybe because it was safe. It was her comfort zone and a security blanket.

"You are going to do fine Bonnie,' Tatia announced as she entered the room. Rebekah was behind her along with Carmen, Klaus's girl of the month. Bonnie liked this one a little more because she seemed to not take Klaus's shit. And that was something the whole family was waiting for.

"And to make sure you settle in we are taking a break and going with you." Rebekah plopped down on the bed, lying back on the pillows. Tatia did the same but at the foot of the bed.

"I can't ask you to just go with me." Pulling suitcases from the closet, Bonnie opened them and dropped them on the floor. "Besides, what are we going to do? Hoard up in the hotel suite?"

Rebekah and Tatia laughed and shook their heads. "Of course not! Bonnie, I forgot how silly you could be sometimes." Tatia sat up on her knees, yanking clothes from her suitcase as she put them in. "Elijah and I have a townhouse over there. You can stay in that instead of having to buy your own. We hardly use it anyway."

"She really thought were going to put her in a hotel!" Rebekah snorted and Carmen looked confused.

"What's wrong with a hotel suite?"

Bonnie agreed and plopped down on the floor. "Yes, what is wrong with a hotel suite?"

"Oh nothing, but you have to worry about paying just to have your stuff cleaned, fees, dreadfully expensive mini bars, and the never ending sound of traffic. We just want you to focus on taking over that company." If there was ever a time she loathed being in a rich family it was now. She didn't mind a hotel room, nor did she just flaunt money around. There was no arguing so she just went along with it. They were still going to baby her as if she was still sixteen. What was the point in fighting anymore?

"Feel free to use the house as needed the bed is really comfortable." She wiggled her eyebrows and Bonnie groaned. "Just saying, you might get lucky because there hasn't been one person over here that has caught your attention."

"And please tell me you at least noticed that men over here want you Bonnie." Rebekah chimed in.

"Wait,' Carmen said, finally getting close enough to be a part of the conversation. Her thick Latino accent pushed through as she looked at Bonnie. "You haven't had sex yet? Please tell me that is not what they are hinting at?"

"I knew I liked you,' Rebekah said, giving Carmen a high five. " And yes, Bonnie here is a virgin. I don't think she's even been kissed."

Before Bonnie could answer, Tatia raised her voice. "Tell me you at least been kissed?"

"Nope, and nada. None of it. I mean I never really tried and I didn't think it was important. I wasn't in a rush." She admitted and she hadn't been. Not with her upbringing, she really didn't want to add more fuel to her bully's fire. Bonnie with a boyfriend? More material to tease her on.

Carmen pressed her hands to her temples and clicked her tongue over her teeth. "Sex is amazing Bonnie." She smirked and Rebekah cleared her throat.

"I really do not want to know what you and Klaus do, that smirk is more than enough." Bonnie looked between the girls and wished she could be that confident in her looks. Or at least have the confidence they had.

"I don't even know how to talk to a man, let alone try to have sex with one." Tatia shook her head.

"You make them sound like they are toys. They don't come with an instruction manual. You wouldn't believe how easy it was to get Elijah to drop his pants."

"TATIA!" The girls screamed in unison. She simply shrugged and looked down at her manicured nails.

"He was easy and honestly I just wanted to fuck him and move on. But he had to go be all charming after that." Her face lit up as she talked about him and you could tell she really loved him.

"I just want to focus on my job and doing that right."

"You should also focus on doing the dick too Bonnie." Carmen said, whispering in her ear.

The night continued on with them packing up. Carmen wouldn't be able to fly with them, but that didn't stop her from talking as if she was going. Bonnie, as much as she loved them, was more nervous about the job than she was having sex. She knew they were just joking with her, but she couldn't help wonder if they were actually serious. As much as she loved Henrick, she didn't want to end up as a single mother like Rebekah. She envied what Tatia and Elijah had because she wanted someone she could see herself with for the long run. Maybe going to New York would change that and she would come out the shell she had been chipping at for years.

Then again, she wasn't counting on it.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.