Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Watched the show "Spartacus" and inspiration started to drizzle haha. Hope you guys enjoy it!




Author's Chapter Notes:

Not much here. Just 'the slave girl' finally being reconciled with her lover Julius. :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


                                                             I

 

The girl awoke to the triumphant sound of the horns coming from outside of the villa. She jerked up in her bed, and saw her eldest cousin looking outside the window at Rome. She heard the cheering of Rome's people and the loud commotion between the slaves of the villa.

"Girls, hurry and be dressed before Domina awakens." Kora said sternly. She was the body slave to Domina Cornelia Cinna, and a mother figure to all the girl house slaves.

"What is going on out there, Kora?" The slave girl's cousin, Marena walked towards Kora with an anxious smile upon her face.

"That is something to search for later, as of now if you two don't get dressed, the Domina will put a whip on both of you. Now make haste." The two girl looked at each other and hurriedly got dressed, both excited and frightened by the sudden activity.

*****

"I want the fruit basket in the middle of the corridor, and I want the flowers settled around the pillars." The Domina, Cornelia, wiped the beads of water from her forehead and continued giving orders to many house slaves around the villa. "I want everything to be done perfectly, before your Dominus's

arrival." She looked to her left to see Kora, walking towards her with a wide pace. "Ah, Kora I need you to be in charge of the food, and while doing so I need a cool wet cloth for my head." Cornelia fanned herself desperately. "This heat will be the god's choice of the afterlife for me.

"Yes, Domina." Kora bowed her head, but paused for a moment. "And what of these girls."

Cornelia shot a confused look to the two young women. Her curious look went to disgust when she laid her eyes upon the slave girl next to Marena. The girl caught her distasteful gaze and looked down at the stone floor. Cornelia smirked.

"Let them have the guest bath house...its starting to riddle with mold."

"Cornelia my love!" A dark haired Roman man pranced towards Cornelia, and almost tripped over his robe in the process.

"Thadius, what are you doing in daylight in this way." Cornelia muttered. The two girls started to giggle, but stopped when Kora gave them a warning look.

"I've decided to take my celebration early! The wine jar was too great to ignore!" He shouted. He could barely stand and only through his head back in laughter. Cornelia rolled her eyes, and tried her best to console him.

"Thadius, I assure you the celebration is not until tomorrow's eve...now go back to your room."

"But why be trapped in my room with boredom when I know the great Caesar himself is coming home...to this here villa where I stay!" He slurred his words a bit, but Marena's cousin looked up with wide brown eyes of shock. Kora saw this and looked away, worried Cornelia would see her expression, but the gods showed her favor for her attention and mind were on Thadius.

"Now my love, I bargain with you that when Gaius comes, I shall call you out of your room my dear friend." Cornelia, with success earned Thadius's drunken gratitude and had one of her slaves escort him back to his room. Cornelia sighed in tiredness and looked back at the three women.

"Well just don't stand there...get to work!" She gestured to the two young women, who fell from the group of four and hastened towards the bath house. Cornelia smugged at the both of them. "Kora."

"Domina?"

"Keep a watchful eye over that girl...her eyes speak treachery towards this house."

"Yes, Domina." Kora followed behind Cornelia as she continued her orders throughtout the villa.

*****

Gaius Julius Caesar looked out on his horse at the civilians of Rome. Proud and happy that the gods have blessed him with such power. The tension between Pompey and Crassus, was finally condemed and all three made a political pact, known as the First Triumvirate. However, that pact did not sew up the clinging hatred they still had towards one another and instead have grown. Yet, Gaius was not affected by the emotional war, and only wanted to be home with his people and his house. He and his party walked through the streets of Rome towards his villa, until he could see the old stone walls that stood mightily among Rome itself. He turned his head up towards the window to see his smiling wife looking down at him. He only nodded at her beautiful face, and unmounted his horse.

*****

"By the gods! Is there a man of such worth as Caesar?" Cornelia said to Kora. "Our marriage has been seasons, yet my heart still warms when I see him." Kora nodded and fanned her Domina's head. "Let us go, he will be looking for me, upon his arrival." Cornelia turned to walk down the halls until she was standing in the front corridor where she saw the slaves had successfully decorated the pillars with the flowers she chose. She gestured for the male slaves to open the great wooden door, unleashing a bright sunlight into the room. Kora felt Cornelia vanish from her side only to see her in the great Roman General's arms.

"My love, it has been a long year." Cornelia breathed along his lips. "I've missed you."

"And I you." Caesar replied. She kissed him with passion while the hair on his face scratched at her cheeks. She almost started to pull at his now long blonde hair, but he paused and pulled away at her grasp. "Let us go inside... I've been away from home too long."

"Yes, lets." Cornelia had a hint of disappointment in her voice, but did not choose to argue with her husband as she followed him inside, while he left his party of guards outside.

"Would you like some wine?" Cornelia asked.

"Of course." He replied. "I've been without merriment for some time now."

"Indeed. Kora fill his cup." Kora bowed and walked over to the table to give him his craving of wine.

"How was the meeting? Has Crassus and Pompey knotted there hate?" Cornelia turned her back on him as she molested one of the flowers hanging in an awkward fashion.

"Sadly not. Crassus is stubborn and Pompey is equally the same." He said, hoping that she would not commense to another conversation about it.

"What a pity." Cornelia said dryly.

"Dominus." Gaius turned around and saw Kora as she handed him the cup of wine. He grabbed the cup, but paused as he caught her gaze. He squinted his eyes at her, as Cornelia's back was still to them. Kora's eyes gestured left to the long hall that lead to the bath house. He nodded in gratitude, and quickly took his wine before Cornelia turned back around. She smiled at him. Her long beautiful blonde hair swung from her shoulders.

"Since, you are in need of merriment, the gods have seen favor and I took the liberty of inviting all to your celebration tomorrow's eve."

Gaius almost choked on his wine.

"My love?" Cornelia asked worried.

"Apologies. My heart was set on enjoying the villa, since my meeting with Crassus and Pompey. This is quite a suprise. Forgive me of any misunderstanding."

Cornelia looked at him in a lustful way. "It has been while, since you've been away from my thighs... I wish for them to be warm this day." She walked towards him slowly with grace.

"Is that one piece of my merriment?" Gaius gave her a smile tired smile.

"If that is what you wish." She kissed him once again and this time she made sure she would be in his tight grasp.

Kora looked away, but her face changed into a horrific expression when she saw what was coming towards her from the left wing of the villa.

*****

Marena looked at the pool disgustingly. " I swear the gods must hate us..." she paused. "Or you for that matter."

The slave girl did not listen to her cousin. She continued cleaning the bath, getting her working dress wet and attaching a scent to her skin. She was in deep thought. He came back. She thought.

"Oh, by the gods. I should have known where your thoughts roam. You musn't be to careless. Cornelia already hates you and me since we are cousins." Marena said harshly. Yet, she was correct.

"Are you listening to me?" Marena interrupted her thoughts.

"Oh, yes. I should be more careful you say."

"Yes you should." Marena went back to her knees to clean the bath again. All was quiet except for the cheers they both continued to hear.

"How are you so careful?" The slave girl asked.

Marena lifted her head from her duties. "What is your meaning?" She said curiously.

"You and Fratos, the gaul you now love."

"I do not know. Fratos and I are smart about our meetings with one another, and he is a slave."

"But he is a gladiator, and of the house of Thadius."

"Soon to be of Gaius." she snapped. She watched her cousin bow her head.

"Apologies. I spoke out of turn. I wish you and Fratos well." The slave girl smiled at her cousin, and Marena responded to the smile as well.

They were about to return back to their work, but stopped as they heard the sound of horses coming to a stop. Both ran to the window of the guest bath house and saw as a furry faced man unmounted his horse and walked towards the villa.

"Is that Gaius?" Marena asked. The slave girl only watched. "By the gods he looks like a wild beast."

The slave watched he man carefully. He seemed to be the same stature as before, only he looked more of a man with much authority.

"Come, we must attend back to the bath, before Kora curses us." Marena pulled at her cousins forearm and brought her back to the bath.

Marena started to scrub the bath and picked up the jar. "In the name of Jupiter!"

The slave girl quickly looked up at Marena. "What is the matter?"

"The jar is empty. We need more water to clean this filth. The stinch and wetness is all ovrer my gown." Marena breathed to herself, already tired of the heinous job. The slave only laughed and stood up, wiping the residue on her cleaning cloth.

"Give me the jar and I shall go fill it." Marena looked up at her and rolled her eyes.

"It is not funny when it is you who is sore." The slave looked at Marena confusingly when she said she 'sore'. However, she did not question it and left the bath house going down the hall.

Marena took a deep breath and sighed, but paused as she quickly looked up almost frightened. "By the gods!" She got up and ran after her naive cousin.

*****

The slave girl walked down the hall, and saw Kora looking straight ahead at her.

"Kora, we need more water for the bath house."

Kora's neck snapped in her direction as she gave her this horrific expression.

"Kora?" The girl asked frightened almost, but she didn't stop and only increased her pacing. Kora grabbed her by the arms and pushed her back into the hall, where she couldn't be seen.

"Have you lost mind?" She scolded.

"No, you misunderstand. Marena needs more water for the bath to clean."

"By the gods, why couldn't she get it herself."

"She claims soreness Kora and her dress is soiled." Kora only sighed, and her face started to slowly grow red when she saw Marena running their way with her soiled gown.

"Has everyone lost mind this day!" Kora said frustrated.

"Apologies, Kora. I didn't know." Kora gestured her to stop talking.

"Kora?" Cornelia exclaimed. "What in Jupiter is going on."

"Be still." she warned to both of them. She slowly walked out of the wing to see that Cornelia and Caesar were still in an awkward position. She closed her eyes and breathed slightly.

"Apologies Domina. One of my girl slaves need more water for the bath house."

Cornelia looked at her and frowned. "Well, by Jupiter let her get it." Cornelia replied. Kora went back to the wing and gave the slave a stern look.

"When you walk out do not look around. Go to the water bowl and fill it, then walk straight back here and return to your duties. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Kora." The slave girl answered still confused of her mother figure's hostile attitude. She walked out of the wing slowly and looked straight the whole way.

Once out of their reach, she could almost feel her body swell with heat, as she felt his eyes stare into her soul. She gulped deeply and tried her best not to give him her eyes. She prayed to the gods for strength and felt triumphant once she reached the water bowl.

*****

Gaius frowned as he seemed disappointed. Why did she not give me one glance? He thought. He couldn't help but stare at her back. Her brown hair had grown longer than he remembered. Her hair reminded him of poseidon's ocean waves.

He came out of his trance as Cornelia cleared her throat. "Gaius?"

"Apologies. I'd like to retire to my corridor for the moment, before we see the guests you've invited." Gaius kissed his wife's forehead and left all three women in the halls of the villa. Cornelia looked shocked, but cleared her throat once more and walked away as she gestured Kora, who she thought was the only one there, and checked on the other slaves on her husbands home. Marena walked quietly back to the bath house and remained unseen, until she got there.

*****

The slave girl filled the jar up with as much water as she could. She took breaths before she walked out and thought to herself, how naive she was. The situation was that she didn't even notice the consequences. She swore to the gods that she only wanted to help Marena and had the slightest idea that he would be there. She quickened her pace, but here ear rang for she was not the only one in the halls. She almost dropped the jar of water, only letting it spill on her now tattered dress.

"You hasten like a soldier." The voice said. The slave girl's throat went dry as she tried to calm her mind.

"I must return to my duties." she managed.

"Of course, and you shall." The voice was coming closer. She felt a shadow upon the lower parts of her back. "You walked without giving me one glance. Why?"

"I did not want to cause tension, Dominus." She replied quickly. The figure then walked around her body and faced her head on.

"A year of absence and I already do not appeal to you." The slave girls face was low. She stared into the jars entrance. "Look at me."

She hesitated.

"I only ask a simple request. Please, grant it." The slave girl took a deep breath and looked up at the man the gods cursed her to fall for. His body was more saturated by the sun's rays, and his once cleanly shavened face had wisps of hair. His hair had also grown and the sinewy muscles in his arms almost frightened her as they too had grown.

"I've missed you." He said as he smiled at her. "Every sun down I would dream about you in my chambers." The slave girls heart quickened.

"I have granted you your request, Dominus. Please let me attend back to my duties." Her voice almost cracked.

"What say you?"

"Apologies?"

"Have you felt the same?" He asked as he took a lock of hair from her shoulders and rubbed it between his fingertips.

"I do not know. I-I...must go Dominus-" He gestured for her to stop.

"I will let you go if you grant me one final request." He said sternly, still playing with her hair.

"Dominus?" She gulped at her dried throat.

"Let my name fall upon your lips." He half whispered.

"Dominus... I cannot-"

He once more interrupted her.

"Grant me this and I shall let you attend back to your cleaning." The slave girl hesitated at first, but knew the only way to be free of her desires was to do as he asked.

"Gaius." she said.

This sent a shiver through his spine, but he was not satisfied. "Look at me." She slowly raised her brown eyes to his green ones. "Now."

"Gaius Julius Caesar." she whispered. She tensed her stomach to stop the roaming heat through her body. Only inches from her face he slowly leaned towards her lips, for one little touch, but grunted as he was interrupted.

"Dominus. The Domina wishes you to meet the guests who have just entered." Kora stood with a worried look on her face, that only the slave girl could see.

Gaius slowly raised his head, making him taller and turned towards Kora. "Thank you, Kora." He turned towards the slave girl once more. He went to her ears and whispered "I wish to meet you in the bath house." With that he turned around and walked away from the slave girl.

Kora gave the girl a curious look. Before she could say anything, the girl ran back to the guest bath house and greeted her cousin.

" Are you alright?" Marena asked.

The girl gave her cousin a comforting smile. "Yes."

Both went back to work and Marena gave her cousin consisted looks of worry, but the girl disguised her flushed face with smiles. Once the bath was cleaned, the girl, who was out of reach from Marena, touched her lips and wished they had touched his.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Hope You guys enjoyed it!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.