Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope everyone is doing well, keeping safe and being healthy.  My prayers are with you and your family and I thank you all for posting such wonderful stories that I now get the opportunity to read and enjoy. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

Storm sat in the other waiting room by himself.  His Aunt and Uncle wanted to sit with him, but he asked to be alone.  Every now and then, when he looked up, he met Ayasha's sad gaze, and while he didn't want her to be sad, his anger wouldn't abate.  His only focus was the woman on the operating table in the other room, and their life and future together.  Sitting there was making him remember; remember when they were so happy, the days when he was in complete domestic bliss because her.  Remembered the days when they would do house chores together or cook or swim or took long bike rides. 

 

He missed her smile, the one he knew was only for him.  The one that made his heart beat faster.  He missed her kindness towards his friends; she supported his relationship with them and never tired to change it.  She was the only girlfriend they had all accepted and cared about.  He smiled as he thought about how they would take her side against him just to annoy him.  It was their way of showing him that they approved. 

 

While lost in thought, the surgery door swung open and Helen and Collin came out.  Everyone when to Helen but he stood away. 

 

"She's fine and everything when well.  She's being moved to recovery." 

 

"Thank you so much Helen," Annetta said. 

 

Helen smiled but looked directly at Storm and nodded.  

 

Storm nodded back, "Thank you,' he mouthed silently. 

 

Helen left and Ayasha moved towards Collin but he stopped her, "Sweetheart, I have to get cleaned up.  See you shortly." 

 

"Okay.  Thank you Collin," Ayasha said.  

 

Collin smiled, "Silly," he said to her.  "Storm can I see you in my office, please." 

 

Everyone turned to Storm as Collin walked away.

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

Collin's office...

 

"What was wrong?" Storm asked as soon as Collin came out of the bathroom. 

 

"I know Helen is officially Salina's doctor but I would like to know a few things if you believe you can trust me.  Please note, I will keep whatever you tell me between us unless the information can be used to save Salina's life." 

 

"Okay, what you want to know?" Storm asked curiously. 

 

"Salina has the money, so why didn't she get medical care?  What else happened to her?" 

 

"What do you mean?" Storm asked evasively. 

 

"Storm, please don't BS me.  I'm focusing on Salina right now," Collin stated as he pulls on a clean scrub shirt. 

 

"I'm not trying to BS you Collin, but I don't know what you know," Storm glared at him. 

 

"Fine.  From what Helen said, Salina was assaulted prior to this.  Apparently it caused massive scaring of her uterus..."

 

Scared Storm interrupted.  "I don't understand....Helen just said she's fine.  Is there more to her illness that you're not telling me?  What is really wrong with her Collin?  Can she get better? I..." 

 

"Storm wait, Helen is good; one of the best in my opinion.  She knew something was wrong.  It's why she wouldn't let Salina leave and she was right.  Salina had surgery before, didn't she?" 

 

"Yes, when she was kidnapped and beaten.  Her injuries were so bad they had to do surgery."  Storm paused for a moment before continuing.  "Attempts were made on her life while she was in the hospital.  It's probably why she never went to a doctor.  She's been living in fear since then."  He sat and placed his elbows on his knees and stared at the wall feeling lost.

 

"Is she safe?" Collin asked after a while. 

 

"For now yes.  Dara got bodyguards to watch her all the time now."

 

"Ahhh, the new people on staff that seem to only stay near her room."

 

"Yes."  He stood.  "Collin, please tell me the truth.  Is she going to be okay?" 

 

"I don't know Storm.  The damage was extensive.  Helen did the best she could." 

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

Storm and Collin made their way to Salina's room.  No one was there besides Ayasha.  Brother and sister looked at each other before Ayasha turned away and went into her husband's arms while Storm quietly entered Salina's room. 

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

 

Two days later...

 

Salina was sitting up in bed having just finished having dinner, a bowl of soup.  Since the day of the surgery, everyone had visited and given her their well wishes.  Iris and Ayasha had left not too long ago.  Physically she was feeling much better but emotionally she was still very sad.  Her door opened and in walked Helen along with her nurse. 

 

"You look much better and I'm happy to hear you're feeling better too." 

 

"Thank you.  What was the real problem?" Salina asked. 

 

"You developed massive scar tissues from your previous surgery and they were tearing a part.  Your body was trying to heal itself but it needed some help to get rid of the tissues.  It was too much for it to handle on it's own."

 

"What does that mean for me now?" 

 

"Do you want the honest truth?" 

 

"Yes, that would be nice." 

 

"Your pregnancy was a miracle.  Based on the amount of scaring, you shouldn't have been able to get pregnant in the first place.  With the removal of most of the scar tissue, getting pregnant will still be difficult but not such an impossibility.  Your body preparing for the pregnancy and the growth of the fetus, began to tear a part the scar tissues faster.  I'm sorry you lost the baby, but it showed a problem that could have been worse.  You could have developed cervical and uterine cancer and not know until it was too late.  You have to come in for regular check-ups every three months for a while.  I want to monitor your healing closely, but I don't think you're going to have any much problems from here on out."  Helen paused gauging her reaction.  "Enjoy your last night.  I'm discharging you in the morning." 

 

"Thank you Helen.  I appreciate everything.  Please make the appointment and let me know." 

 

"Already done.  My office will call you with the information." 

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

...[Later that night...at Storm's house]

 

"I don't recall giving you a key," Storm said to Collin as he took a swig of his beer. 

 

Collin took the chair adjacent from him with small table between them.  "You didn't," Collin replied.  "I took it off Ayasha's keyring," he said as if it was perfectly normal. 

 

They sat by the pool, looking at the still turquoise water, not a ripple marring it's perfect stillness. 

 

"I met Ayasha when her ex-boyfriend tried to accost her in the parking lot of a restaurant.  Before I could tell him to get lost, she told him that she was going to tell her brother and he would regret it.  I thought it sounded childish but then I noticed how scared he got.  It made me wonder if she was the sister of some notorious gangster but still decided to take the chance and ask her out.  After a few dates, I asked her about that day and what she said.  She simply replied, ‘My brother loves me and would hurt anyone who hurts me.'  If it was to scare me, it sort of did.  When I met you, I was wary of you as I knew you were of me.  But after being around you a few more times, I understood what she meant.  If anyone looks beneath the surface long and hard enough, they'll realize you're a lot more dangerous than you seem." Collin paused.  "I'm glad I got to know you Storm.  I know if I came to you for help, you would at least listen and you would give me good advise.  But I also know you would destroy me in an instant if it meant protecting Ayasha and now Lilly.  But what I want to know is, why do you think you have the right to hurt my wife, the woman I love, just because she's your sister?" he asked accusingly.  

 

"I didn't hurt..."

 

"Yes, you did," Collin interrupted cholericly.  "My wife is hurt because she lost her niece or nephew.  She's hurt because her brother lost his baby.  She's hurt because her brother is in pain and she can't offer him and the woman he loves, a woman she cares about, any comfort, and Storm, I hate holding my wife while she cries herself to sleep at night because you're in pain.  The only thing she wants, is to be there for you.  You have no right to punish her for loving and caring about you both.  Stop being an asshole to her." he snapped before getting up and walking away.  

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

Mike and Storm stared at each other across the island of Storm's kitchen. 

 

"What the hell do you mean, you can't find him?  Mike, she's coming home today.  I need her to feel safe and she won't, knowing that he's still out there and after her.  He cause her to loose our baby, Mike.  Why the fuck is the department not taking this seriously?" 

 

"We are Storm..." 

 

"NO! Mike, none of you are but I will.  Dara was able to get information on him that the fucking police department with all their so called physiologist and testing and exams couldn't find out." 

 

"Storm that's not fair.  You know Dara has connections we are unable to afford or utilize.  We're doing everything we can but I've been removed from the case because I'm friends with the both of you.  So what do you want me to do?  Huh?  I'm trying to track him on my time off and I'm doing the best I can." 

 

Storm sighed.  "I'm not mad at you Mike but I want that bastard caught because if I catch him, your department will be picking up a dead body." 

 

"Storm you can't..."

 

"Wrong Mike, I'm going to protect my family and that's what Salina is to me, my family, and the baby we lost, that was a part of my heart." 

 

"Storm...."

 

"I have to go.  I have to get her from the hospital." 

 

"Are you going to get her bodyguards?" 

 

"They've been at the hospital since this incident began."

 

"Who were they?" 

 

"They're trained to blend in.  You didn't think she would be left unprotected or that I would rely on the police to protect her did you?" 

 

"No, I guess you wouldn't," Mike said and walked out with him. 

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

Salina hardly recognized the cars as they passed by.  Seated in the back seat of the luxury BMW with the heavily tinted windows, she tried but failed to focus on any of the many feelings she was experiencing; joy for leaving the hospital or confusion about her future with Storm, all played through her mind but none held her attention.  Suddenly, her door was being opened and it was then she realized they were at Storm's home.  Sighing she got out and moved to the trunk to get her bags but they were already in the driver's hand.  A man, dressed in a dark suit was standing by the front door and immediately she knew he was a bodyguard.  She looked up at Storm when she felt his hand on the small of her back as he gently nudged her forward.  

 

As she neared the door, the man greeted them both, "Ma'am, sir," he said stiffly. 

 

"Hello," Salina replied softly but was surprised when Storm greeted him in a very friendly tone.  

 

She was still in danger.  It was the only reason for the bodyguards and that level of friendliness meant he'd been hired for sometime now. That meant Storm was in danger because of her.  Eastman was still on the run; correction, he was still around and possibly plotting to hurt her and anyone who got in his way.  Finally her mind focused on one thought and she made a decision.  She had to leave.  It was the only way to keep Storm safe and to no longer see the anger he had for her. 

 

The chauffeur requested where to put her bags, but she and Storm replied at the same time. 

 

"In the bedroom," said Storm. 

 

"By the door," said Salina. 

 

Storm looked at her before looking back to the chauffeur, "Our bedroom's that way," he said pointing the direction. 

 

Salina looked away before moving to the kitchen while Storm when to the door to call the bodyguard in. 

 

"Salina, this is Ryan.  Ryan this is Salina, the woman you are protecting." 

 

"Good morning," Salina greeted somberly.

 

"Good morning ma'am," Ryan returned neutrally. 

 

"He's going to be with you everywhere," said Storm. 

 

"Even in the bathroom?" she asked sarcastically. 

 

"He'll check any room before you enter even in this house."

 

Salina looked away.  She felt caged.  "I'm going to lay down.  Please excuse me," she said as she walked away.  

 

When she got to the bedroom door, she stopped.  Looking at the bed, she remembered the last text message she sent to Storm, telling him she needed to speak with him as soon as he returned.  She thought about what it would have felt like, to lie in that bed with him, their baby cradled between them.  Feeling despondent, she returning to the kitchen.  Storm was on the phone ordering lunch.  

 

"I"m going home," she declared. 

 

"You are home," he replied glancing at her then continuing the order.  

 

"No! I'm going to my apartment.  I'm not staying here," she affirmed. 

 

"Please send that over by 12:30 P.M.  Thank you," Storm said finishing the call.  He put the phone on the counter as he addressed her.  "Salina, you have to stay here. It's..."

 

"No I don't and I won't.  I'm leaving," she snapped and turned towards the door.

 

Suddenly she was whipped around and her arms were in a vice grip, his face to hers menacingly.  "You're not going anywhere, do you hear me? NO WHERE!!  I've already lost a baby.  That bastard took my baby from me without me even having a chance to know it was there.  I'm not, I REFUSE to loose you too.  You are not going back to your apartment for anything!"  He turned to Ryan, "She doesn't leave this house today unless I say so, got it?" His attention was on her again and it was a few hard breaths before he released her and stopped away, slamming the front door behind him.  

 

 Salina placed her face in her hands and began to cry. 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘

 

Ayasha saw the deliver man and wondered why lunch was being delivered.  She had told Dara she would bring by lunch and dinner for everyone.  The chauffeur had gone back to the main house and the other bodyguards would be coming on duty in a day or so.  A total of five bodyguards would be on duty, working round the clock shifts until ex-officer Terry Sloane was apprehended.  She didn't know if Storm was in but she was willing to put up with his anger, and be supportive to Salina.  She had decided she wasn't going to let Salina go through this ordeal by herself, whether her brother liked it or not.  

 

Ryan was already familiar with her, them having met a few days prior.  He readily opened the door when she knocked and allowed her entry to the house.  Another ‘thank you' she had to give to Dara who understood that Salina couldn't be allowed to go through this by herself, and made sure that the bodyguards knew all the necessary people who would be visiting at one time or another.  But as soon as she walked a bit into the house, she felt unease.  Something didn't feel ‘right'.  Looking back at Ryan, she noticed he quickly averted eye contact from her. 

 

"Where is she Ryan?" 

 

"She's in the room," he said pointing a room on the opposite side of the house.  

 

"Why that room?" Ayasha asked but more to herself than Ryan as she walked away.  "Thank you," she responded absently. 

 

Ayasha knocked at the door but didn't hear anything so she called out softly in case Salina was sleeping.  "Salina?  It's Ayasha.  Are you awake?" 

 

After some rustling, Ayasha received a response.  "Yes, I am. I'll be right out." 

 

As soon as Salina opened the door, Ayasha could tell there was something wrong. "What happened?  Why are you crying?" 

 

"It's nothing.  Why are you here?" Salina asked trying to change the subject. 

 

"I brought lunch.  Come, lets eat outside.  Is Storm here?"

 

Salina visibly blanched and tried covered her emotion quickly but not before Ayasha saw.  "I'm not sure.  He left shortly after he brought me here." 

 

"Brought you here?" Ayasha repeated the strange phrase.  "Where else would he bring you?" she asked. 

 

Salina tensed.  "Thank you for lunch.  I'm not very hungry at the moment.  Have a good day," Salina said coldly but sadly. 

 

Ayasha watched as Salina move to the kitchen and then to out to the pool.  After a few minutes she went out to speak with her.  

 

"Did you two argue?" Ayasha asked behind Salina. 

 

"What does it matter?" Salina asked angrily.  "You're his sister and I'm at fault.  I just want to go home but that's not going to happen.  Am I even allowed to speak with Dara anymore?" 

 

"What?  What do you mean?"  Ayasha moved closer.  "What happened Salina?" 

 

Salina looked at Ayasha painfully wanting to speak, to tell her what she was feeling but not knowing if she could.  No matter what, she was Storm's sister and these two were close.  They trusted and supported each other but Ayasha seemed more concerned than being ready to blame.  "He won't let me go," she said finally.  "He told the bodyguard I wasn't allowed got leave, without his permission." 

 

"Storm wouldn't do that unless he had a very good reason," Ayasha tried to reason. 

 

"Yes, he didn't get to know his baby as he so eloquently put it.  And I'm the reason," Salina snapped.  "Apparently this is suppose to be my prison."

 

"Salina, he doesn't mean that.  He wants you safe.  He's not keeping you a prisoner..."

 

"Yes, he is.  He's punishing me by not letting me go.  Eastman won't stop and he'll hurt anyone who gets in his way,  Me being here is putting him in harm's way," Salina yelled. 

 

"And when Eastman hurts you, what do you think will happen to him then?" Ayasha snapped back.  "What do you think it will do to him?

 

"If I stay, he'll get hurt." 

 

It was a few minutes before Ayasha spoke again, remorsefully.  "No one can hurt him more than I have." 

 

"What? What are you talking about?" 

 

"He can't let you go.  He can't..." 

 

"If I stay, he'll get hurt," Salina screamed. 

 

"If you go, you'll destroy him." Ayasha yelled back.  She looked away and wiped a tear that was threatening to spill before looking back at Salina.  "God, you don't get it do you?  The one thing he's wanted is a family of his own.  I was about five and one night I woke to his mom and our dad argued bitterly.  The next day, Storm and his father got into an argument and Storm said he wished I'd never come there.  It was many years later before I realized it was because I represented the truth; dad love my mother, not his.  

 

I did everything I could to stay away from him.  About a two weeks later we had a storm and I was so scared.  I remember huddling in my room by the bed, terrified.  His mother was there but she didn't care that I was scared.  Dad was away on business.   Suddenly, my door flew open and in the doorway was Storm.  He was out with his friend and he came home in that storm because he knew I was scared of them.  He came over to me and coaxed me out from the corner of the bed, took me to his room where he held me and talked to me until I fell asleep.  I remember before I fell asleep, him saying that he would never let anything hurt me but I had already hurt him.  I was always going to be the reminder of the family he would never have.  But he kept his word.  He's protected me and I've wished for him have the only thing he has ever wanted, a family of his own.  Someone who truly loves him for him and that's you.  If he lost you Salina, he would never recover.  If you left, you would resign him to a life of pain and hurt, and I'm asking you not to do that to him.  Please don't hurt him like that.  He doesn't deserve it.  The only thing he's guilty of is loving you.  Loving you so much the very thought of you being hurt, hurts him so deeply."

 

 

⌘~*~*~*~⌘






Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for your patience.  I had a bit of a difficulty with getting this posted and I also had to take a break and review the chapters and characters.  Having this time from work, it great and I hope I am able to do more writing and reading.  Again, please be safe and keep healthy.  :) 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.