Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

The first chapter may be triggery. 




Author's Chapter Notes:

Reformatted. POV changed. Two new chapters ready to post asap.

Feedback regarding pov may be appreciated. 

The first chapter may be triggery. 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Modern Love Story

by A_Muse_In_Grrl

Chapter I

 

"Alright man. See you later." I waved good-bye to one of my friends as I walked towards the back of the apartment to finish my call. It was a bit rude but business was business and the party was winding down since everyone had somewhere to be the next day. 

"No. Not you," I sighed as I returned my attention back to the conversation or should  I say lecture from my agent. "I'll see you at our agreed upon time. I'll be there in three days. "So just chill," I said through clenched teeth with more than a little annoyance evident in my tone. "Dude!" I paused and checked my temper, "Have I ever been late to a shoot?" I paused for emphasis and then I shook my head as I drained the last of my drink.

That's it for tonight. 

I thought as I prepared to leave the impromptu celebration thrown by a few of my friends in my honor. Although I had only drunk two glasses of wine it was a little more than I usually imbibed since I had barely eaten today due to the excitement of procuring this upcoming shoot. My friends that lived in the area nearest to me wanted to celebrate my recent good fortune. Therefore I hadn't bothered to grab more than breakfast and a protein bar as I rushed around to various appointments and I also made arrangements for my trip.

"Okay, I'll be on time and on my best behavior," I rolled my eyes as I reiterated whatever my rather neurotic but surprisingly considerate agent wanted me to do. "I'll be a very good boy when I'm not being a very naughty boy," I couldn't help but add with a mischievous smirk on my face. 

That last statement had the desired effect. My agent seemed to choke a bit and silence reigned for what seemed like hours before I heard the chuckling from my very high-strung agent.

"Good one Zane. Way to release the tension. I'll let you get your beauty rest."

The sudden jarring sound of the dial tone irked me since my agent never properly said good-bye on the phone. My agent just disconnected without warning which had been a source of contention between us since it could be deemed as unprofessional or insulting in my opinion but my agent just disregarded this line of reasoning since he has been successful in this field for several years. So for the sake of sanity I just deferred to his expertise and stellar record as an agent. 

After snapping shut my phone, I stretched luxuriously revealing glimpses of my lean sculpted torso and glimpses of my hips without any visible tan lines. Not to be vain but I make sure to check myself out regularly in order to stay ahead of the game. I try not to tan because it's hard to find a private place to do so completely nude. Also it would certainly shorten the lifespan of my career. I then snapped my phone shut and slipped it into my back pocket. Next I said my good-byes and left the party feeling content and a bit light-headed.

Stepping outdoors I took a deep energizing breath of the cooler night air and began walking at a leisurely loose-limbed pace. I was vaguely aware of an occasional double-take by some more observant passers-by since I was hard to miss being over six feet tall wearing tight black designer jeans and a dark blue form-fitting tee. At this time I was not trying to make any overt fashion statement but I was a man that loved my accessories such as the platinum chain and platinum watch that I was currently sporting. I loved jewelry as long as it was well-made and eye-catching. 

As I continued to stroll down the boulevard, I was making a mental checklist of what I was going to pack and whomever else I needed to call when I had the unmistakable feeling of being watched. Knowing enough not to turn around I waited until I reached a suitable window to surreptitiously study my stalkers's reflection. I took note of my clothes that I was wearing because I couldn't see much because most of the suspected stalker's face was hidden by the baseball cap and I was standing several feet away apparently window-shopping.  

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. 

I began walking again when I noticed the guy was still tailing me. Now I was seriously angry and I began walking faster. 

I'll lose him in this alley and then double back. Then I changed my mind. 

Better go inside somewhere. 

Pausing briefly as I contemplated where I was going, I darted inside a twenty-four hour cafe and ordered the lowest calorie decaffeinated item on the menu. I found a seat and tried to look as unaffected as possible.

I'd better not drink this. Already had two drinks. My agent and the photographer will be all over my ass. 

Twenty minutes later of trying to behave as if I was not trying to watch the door I saw no sign of the stalker. Every second I was feeling more and more incensed, embarrassed and a tad anxious. I thought about calling someone but what was I going to say to them.

Oh dude, could you please come out and hold my hand because I'm too much of a coward to confront my stalker like a real man? 

"Shii-" I thought about how much of a wimp I would be if I did that. 

I'll never live that down, especially after that chick move I just pulled. I'm going to have to man up and do something. Now the question is what should I do. 

I was biting the side of my lip while thinking deeply. A moment later I rose from my seat after deciding on a course of action. Straightening my posture while lifting up my chin, I strode from the bar with a cocky little swagger and a menacing glare.

Stone face. Stone face. It's all about the attitude.

I mentally chuckled about using runway advice to try to look hard. 

Cool breezes caressed my face as the artificial glow from the street lamps illuminated the dull grey concrete walkway. I was really getting into my role trying to walk as cockily as possible; however, I almost jumped and screamed when some other impatient pedestrian shoved past me. 

"Hey! Watch it!" I exclaimed as I stopped myself from falling to the pavement. 

"Sorrry man!"

Now I was a bit chuffed with myself since I received an apology for standing up for myself. 

"It's alright. Just pay more attention."

The man barely acknowledged me as he paused momentarily.

"See, that's how you man up," I said aloud to myself as I glanced at my watch, but I was startled by the distant ringing of the phone. I looked up and remarked, "See you have the same ringtone." When the stranger's eyes widened, I stopped speaking as I reached into my back pocket. I looked up to see the man that had almost made me  face-plant on the solid concrete begin backing away and then breaking into a full run. 

"Motha-" 

We both took off simultaneously. I was furious because that phone cost a grip and I had all of my important contacts on it. I was running quickly because of the tight jeans squeezing the life from my manly bits, but my long-legged gait gave me a considerable advantage as I soon rushed the dude upon turning a corner. 

Note to self, I had the craziest thought as I tackled the phone thief to the ground, always insure roomier packaging for the manfruit. Squishiness. Not a good feeling

And that was only the beginning of my troubles. I screamed in agony as I felt pain reverberate through the parts in question after someone had kicked me in my privates. 

"Oh! Oh! Shit!" I moaned as I rolled to my side cradling my groin as I drew up my legs. My penis was pulsating with pain. Get up dude! Get up dude! I tried to pep talk myself as I could sense a presence walking around my body and getting closer to me. I opened my eyes just a crack in time to see another dude standing close to me with something in his hands that were currently down by his sides. Slowly I closed my eyes with a clear memory of the man whom I nicknamed the "silent giant" clearly smiling at me nastily. I knew this smile would haunt me later. Mentally steeling myself I made a decision, I was going to go down swinging.

With a herculean effort, I sprang from the asphalt and tackled the dude with the unknown weapon. Wrapping my arms around the potential assailant hoping to delay use of the weapon. I heard something clatter to the ground while pressing all of my weight on the silent giant but did not see it because my eyes were closed. We started rolling around and grappling for the upper hand. Finally, I caught a break and landed two quick jabs to the silent giant's face. 

Yea! I mentally crowed. Not a manbitch!

The silent giant was no longer grinning but I was groaning and grimacing with pain. Next I jumped up and kicked him in the groin. All of this only took less than two minutes. Then I became too cocky and began mouthing off.

"Dude! That is so against the man code! What's wrong with you? Can't fight like a man?"

I realized just in time that the phone thief was missing. I had to duck a wild swing but lost my balance and hit the wall of the alleyway with my palms slapping the wall. I was just getting ready to rise up when I was grabbed from behind in a full nelson. Then the phone thief pulled out a stun gun. With my arms held forcibly in the air, I swallowed hard as my stomach muscles contracted. 

"Dude," I spoke in a firm but calm tone. "All of this can't be for a cell phone. We can just forget about this and never have to see each other again."

The phone thief remained silent for an interminable amount of time then he activated the stun gun. Then I heard my ringtone on my phone in the thief's possession clamor to life. 

My mouth dropped open in disbelief as the phone thief answered the phone and began responding in the affirmative that they had me. 

What the fuck is going on?

"And he's not all that," the phone thief chuckled and looked him straight in the eyes as he said, "but he has good taste. I'll take his pants when we're through with him. The less evidence on his person the better." 

I didn't need to hear anymore. I started struggling in vain but I could not break that grip, so I launched a very nasty verbal assault. Next, the phone thief started to rush him in order to silence him then I kicked the phone from his hands. The phone thief grabbed one of my legs and tried to pull the stun gun out again. Then I threw back my head to stun the dude behind me, but it didn't work as well as it does in the movies. So I continued struggling wildly until phone thief lost his balance and fell onto his but. 

"Fuuuuck! This fucking ground is nasty. Stick his ass already with that shit! Sorry for the cliche but this is business."

What the fuck is going on? Whose business? I should have just called a cab or someone.

Phone thief cursed again. "I knew we should have brought three guys. You were supposed to incapacitate him before we took care of business."

I didn't know whether to cheer or jeer because they had obviously screwed up the plan or they were just new to this. 

Too cocky for their own good. Great! What a fine effing time for an epiphany. Well, cockiness got me into this then I might as well do the opposite to get my ass out of this cluster-fuck of a situation! Ohh! This is such a chick move. 

I screamed, "Fiiiireeee!" I just couldn't bring myself to wordlessly scream by choice.

"Goddamn it!" Phone thief dodged my kicking feet this time and went behind the dude holding me. "Take him to the ground! This shit has to look real good, so take off his pants. And don't get no gunk on them 'cause I want 'em. 

The silent giant grunted but never said a word. The next thing I knew I was slightly lifted from the ground before being brutally pushed forward. Somehow the silent giant inserted a leg between those of mine causing me to land awkwardly. Unexpectedly, the silent giant seemed to fall with me and enclosed his massive muscular legs around my legs while simultaneously spooning me from the back. Unfortunately, the phone thief rushed to me quickly with the stun gun primed and ready close to my left eye. My arms were pinned as I laid on my side. 

I froze.

"Not a peep or an eep from you," he said with quiet menace. "Undo his pants," phone thief directed his accomplice in a cold flat tone. 

I swallowed hard. 

No no no no no. 

My eyes bulged when I saw the syringe.

No. No. No. No. 

The I felt my zipper being lowered.

Fuck no. 

It took a few moments with one hand but the silent giant managed to maneuver my pants down to my knees. 

Phone thief smirked, "What a nasty boy you are. No underwear." Phone thief shook his head. "Remind me to sterilize these pants. Get him ready." He pressed the primed stun gun just close enough to my eyeball. "Now listen good because I am only going to say this once. We are going to let you move one arm and you are going to fucking hold this syringe in your hand and inject yourself real good. Any wrong moves and I am going to stop playing nice." 

I swallowed again. 

"Blink once if you understand."

I blinked.

Slowly the silent giant began to move back a little. With alarmingly cool hands he palmed one of my knees and pushed it up towards my torso causing my jeans to slide down further. Then he hooked his arms under my knee while leaning forward again. Then in a quick series of movements after manoeuvering me onto one of my own knees, the silent giant shifted his weight in order to begin moving backwards on his own knees. I now found myself with my back pressed against the front of the silent giant who was leaning back against the wall. With one of my legs held under the knee by a massive palm, the silent giant locked my other leg with my own more powerfully muscular leg. 

Phone thief wasted no time getting back in my face but this time he got way too personal. This time he put a thumb over my eye primed to press inwards and this time the stun gun was pressed close to my exposed penis. 

"No. Funny. Business." 

Silent giant already had the syringe ready and was placing it in my hand. My ass was cold and I knew I would be bruised and a bit raw from the hard asphalt. I was finding it hard to contain my rage and fear. It wasn't the nudity. I overcame that hurdle after my first week as a model. It was the helplessness and the hard choices that I would have to make in order to emerge from this ordeal victoriously. I could feel my chest constrict and it was so unbelievably hard not to struggle. 

Even if I win, I lose. Lose an eye. My health. My dignity. My means to support myself. My self-respect. I have no idea what's in this syringe. Or why this is happening. But I do know this isn't random. They've given me enough clues to let me now someone put them up to this. Who? Why? Why now? 

Out of necessity, my world was narrowed down to the bare facts. There were only three people in my universe. I must overcome them. I must survive. 

That's when I felt it. A low growl that seemed to echo in my body. Then another deeper growl resounded in the shadowy alleyway. A series of low rumbling snarls sent ice through my veins. Even the odd couple tensed and that's when all hell broke loose. 

Three humongous dogs were in the alley and one was already leaping towards the phone thief and the second dog was joining him. The next thing I knew I was being lifted and half-thrown as the silent giant struggled to rise before the third dog attacked him. 

Landing on my knees I scrambled to pull up my jeans but it was easier to kick them off, boots and all. I got up and made a grab for my pants. Movement from the corner of my eyes drew my attention to an amazing spectacle. 

Who is that?

A hooded figure came rushing into the fray and kicked the silent giant hard in the face. the sound of bone cracking and the agonizing scream had me slack-jawed and flinching in reaction. My sympathy was short-lived; however, as I recalled what he and his pal were going to force me to do.

Silently and violently, the hoodie clad hero executed a forward handspring just as the silent giant turned and was about to rush forward. The hoodie clad hero spun around and ran up the wall and landed a spinning kick to the other uninjured jaw. 

At this point I seemed to realize that I could help. I looked around and smiled wickedly when I saw the stun gun. Without hesitation I lunged for the stun gun heedless of my unprotected assets and looked for an opening. I didn't have to wait long. 

Whoever is wearing that hoodie knows how to keep them on the ropes. All that spinning makes every contact count. Hard. 

Once more the hoodie clad hero spun before ducking another desperate swing before deftly moving to the side and delivering another side kick to his knee. The silent giant went down on one knee as the hero in the hoodie flipped forward and spun around to the silent giant's back. That's when I lunged forward and tasered him in the side of his neck. 

My rescuer and I both leaped back. The hoodie clad hero looked further down the alley. One dog had the phone thief by an arm and the second one was sitting on his chest while the third one was growling in his face. 

Ohh shiit. 

The hoodie clad hero turned around and saw that the silent giant was still twitching. A short shrill whistle caused one of the dogs to raise his head and come rushing towards us as hoodie hero pointed at the twitching form. The dog moved to stand guard. Swiftly, the hoodie clad hero moved towards phone thief just as he was raising his head and placed his hands to the side of his neck. He seemed to just wilt as his head was carefully lowered to the ground. The hoodie clad hero whistled again in three short bursts which prompted the dogs to come sniff me and then return my belongings to me. 

I'll call you hoodie hero. 

I bent to retrieve my belongings. 

There I stood bare-ass naked and starting to feel shock when the sound of sirens broke the awkward silence. The hoodie clad hero seemed to pause for a minute and whistled again. The hoodie clad hero and her canine entourage left. 

"Thank you! Hoodie hero!" I shouted as I came to my senses while trying to decide if I should skedaddle or make sure these low-lifes get theirs. 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Apologies for formatting issues. Don't know what's wrong.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.