Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


I want to tell all my reviewers that my account isn't functioning right now and I'm unable to respond to your reviews. I certainly appreciate all those who have taken time out to write a review for my story. Thanks so very much! 

Why did it feel like the sun was refusing to start the day? A tired and frustrated Evangeline contemplated this question as she listened to the various sounds of the waning evening. A four star luxury suite inclusive of room service also featuring a small kitchenette; she lacked for nothing except a good night's rest. 
She sat up in bed gazing off into the semi darkness; another sleepless night. She massaged her temples. The glass of warm milk she drank earlier did no wonders for her. These sleepless episodes started to become a regular occurrence ever since she made the decision to return to Llanview. At first Stephen fully supported her but subsequently he began questioning her judgment viewing it as rash and unnecessary. They were building a family and future together why revisit the past. Of course she didn't care for his attitude perceiving herself to be in the right on this one.
"I don't like us fighting for whatever reason..."
"You think I'm enjoying this just because Todd's my ex..."
"No let's be honest here. Todd is the love of your life."
From the beginning, she kept nothing about her relationship with Todd hidden from him. Too many lies and miscommunication had affected her past relationships and she didn't need for it to carry over into this one. Leaving Llanview didn't mean that she had totally given up on the idea of being with someone else considering Todd was playing happy family man with his free time. She enjoyed so many things about Stephen too and it hurt when they were at odds about something this important.  
She took in his words being so callously thrown in her face but then she hit back. "Don't you recall that this same man has also irreparable broken my heart. I have a life here, career, family, friends and especially my amazing husband. There's no going back."
"Now there is and I'm sorry baby but I just can't in good conscious support you on this."
"Then I need to do what I must and I hope you don't view this as any slight against you."
Conversations in the days following were either tense or nonexistent putting the first major rift on their fledging marriage. Evangeline never consider it a deal breaker though, just another part of the ups and downs of marriage life. Once this was over things were sure to return to some sort of normalcy.
Sleep Evangeline, it won't help to meet Todd looking all weary with bags under your eyes. Don't dare give him the satisfaction. Momma never raised any slouch. A Williamson was always well put together no matter what. Sleep...
She adjusted her pillows and eased back beneath the covers. When her head touched the pillow she sighed as her mind finally began slipping into the elusive dreamland.

♥♥♥♥♥
Morning didn't arrive quickly enough for Todd. He allowed Carter to drop him off at the penthouse. He showered, dressed in t-shirt and shorts, and took care of his hand wound best as he could. Later on he retreated into the living room, pouring himself a two-finger scotch and sat nursing it staring off into space until the darkness changed to light. He showered again, dressed in dark slacks and a crisp, blue shirt, poured himself a cup of coffee and exited.
At the office he checked in with Sam who was bombed about an upcoming test.
"Sam your father is a journalist. You should ace this."
"Dad you do tabloid journalism. There is a huge difference..."
Todd feigned hurt. "Listening to Aunt Vicki again I see. Get to school before I disinherit you," he chuckled.
"Bye dad..."
He informed Frank regarding his change in plans not really knowing about a reschedule and laid out specific instructions to his assistant, Tina. In a way, it felt good keeping his mind occupied although...
"Evangeline Williamson? Your ex-lawyer friend?" "Don't sound so surprised Dylan. It's not like you don't have a clue about our relationship."
"And you still can't get over..."
"You better hold your tongue right there D. We're not and will never be at that level. I've been consistently generous to your bank account over the years. Getting information is what you do on my behalf. I'm not interested in you playing Dr. Phil on me ok!"
"Ok! Ok!"
"Evangeline is married to some bastard named Stephen and I need you to dig as deep as the bottomless pit to find out about his background..."
He soon heard a persistent knocking at his office door. 
"What the...Tina has some esplaining to do. D you understand what you need to do. Get back to me with something!" He hung up and pressed his intercom. "My dear Tina do you enjoy dealing with the other side of my personality?" He crossed his arms and leaned closer. "Because if you don't then you better get rid of whoever is knocking at the other side of my door. I specifically told you no calls, no visitors with the exception of my kids and my sister of course."
"Mr. Manning, believe me you will want to see this person..."

"The door was unlocked and I decided to come in. It didn't seem like you heard me knocking..."
The moment their eyes meant it was like space and time were suspended. It left both momentarily speechless. Whatever emotions lay dormant hastily resurfaced. 
To hear that angelic voice, to see her once again in person had Todd frozen in place. His eyes drank in every inch of her. There has always been an air about Evangeline whenever she stepped into a room. The grace and confidence she exuberated made it impossible for anyone to look away. Gazing at her now he observed that she was dressed casually in jeans and a brown, wraparound blouse, hair fashioned in a ponytail while her face was devoid of any makeup. She simply looked amazing and it almost took his breath away.
For Evangeline, Todd remained ever suave, more than handsome with his ageless features. Whether he was dressed for the office or an evening out, the outfit tailored his body perfectly. Her mind recalled every detail that lay beneath. She both blushed and admonished herself at her thoughts. And then there were those incredible blue eyes which forever felt like they were peering into her soul. It seemed he knew all her moods or whatever she desired most. She needed to look away.
"Evangeline... it's..." Words failed him. He knew what he wanted to say but the words got jumbled in his brain. He felt like a teenage boy wanting to ask the most popular girl out on a first date.
"It's been a long time...I know. Even after everything that has gone on between us, I needed to see you. ...Trevor, come back here..." 
Trevor? It was then that Todd noticed Evangeline running behind n adorable little curly haired boy dressed in a plaid shirt and jeans touting around in his first pair of air jordans. The little boy started giggling with excitement because Evangeline still couldn't catch up with him. 
"Trevor stop..."
"Don't worry I'll catch him."
Todd quickly rose from his chair and captured the boy in his arms.
"Gotcha!" The little boy squealed and Todd let out a small laugh. It brought back memories of those times when he too was running around chasing after Sam.
"Trevor can be a handful at times," she said apologetically. "Then again he reminds me of someone..."
"Is he your son?" 
It began to slowly sink in that there may be more hurdles to cross in getting her back in his life if it were even possible now. Not only was she married but they had a son as well. Yet another setback and this day was going along so great.
Evangeline somberly nodded her head. "Your son as well...Our son..."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.