Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

emery photo emery2_zpsnqmbkjzz.jpg   olivia photo olivia2_zpsh2nxqx4t.jpg   Nicholas photo nicolas2_zpsctnfzqpn.jpg 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"The food looks delicious baby," there was only one appliance they owned that Emery could work properly.

"What can I say? I know my way around a grill. Did I tell you that you look beautiful in that dress?" Her man is stretched out on the couch on his back. He's already removed his shirt and seems content to leave his jeans half on.

She's always admired Emery's hulking form. Big hands, strong arms, muscled thighs. When undressed and horny, he was quite the sight.

"Yes but you can say it again," Olivia straddles her husband as he gathers her dress at her waist.

"My little sex kitten. Sweet on the outside huh?" Emery loved how his wife could go from the precious girl next door to the vixen. Olivia wasn't ashamed to say she knew what turned her husband on. Leaning down to kiss him sweetly before grinding her pelvis into his jean covered bottom half.

Olivia jumps up at the sound of the doorbell. "Sorry babe, you didn't get my panties down fast enough."

"He can wait!" Emery grumbles before finally getting dressed and heading out back to the grill.

"Nicolas!" Olivia's smile is bright for him. She squeezes him tight and kisses his cheek as always. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too." He kisses her forehead, smiling down at her lovingly. Olivia has always been a light in his life. He's not sure he would be where he is today without her encouraging words or sweet demeanor.

"Emery already started the meat out back. You should get out there before he over cooks the chicken. You know how he gets." She shoos him out onto the patio where Emery is already waiting for him.

"Nick!" His friend squeezes the life out of him. "It's about time you came back." Emery has missed his best friend. Missed the Saturday cookouts and Sunday basketball games.

"I wasn't gone that long," he shrugs and pats Emery with a heavy hand. "But it's good to be back." Nicolas surveys the spread of food Olivia is setting out. Baked beans and potato salad, lemonade and tea. She smiles and pats his back as she makes her way back into the kitchen. "The backyard looks amazing. You finished the stone oven without me?" Nicolas runs his hands over the stone admiring the work. It was a project they had started together but looks like Emery finished it in his absence.

"You were gone a whole 2 months. Wasn't gonna wait for you to get back." Emery had too much free time with his friend away. He had to do something.

"It looks good. Did Olivia decorate?" Lanterns and wood furniture was definitely her doing.

"Yes sir. That's why it's so damn bright. All these yellows and oranges. I suggested black. She told me no." He closes the lid on the grill and grabs two beers from the cooler.

"She's got good taste. You shouldn't be allowed to decorate anything." Nicolas saw what Emery originally wanted to do with their house. Best let Liv handle it. "Please tell me you have some steak in there."

"Of course. Only the best for your homecoming." Once the food is cooked and the table is set, the three of them dig in to catch up.

"How was China?" Olivia sips her lemonade.

"Interesting," he shrugs.

"Details dude" Emery nudges him.

"Nothing to really tell. We're opening a headquarters in Beijing and I did the walkthrough. It's a bit too flashy for my taste."

"Did you meet any woman?" Emery wags his eyebrows hoping for a good story.

 "Emery." Olivia frowns at him. Everyone knows Nicolas doesn't like to talk about his luck with woman. He's very private and usually everyone respects that, except Emery.

"What? He should have had some fun. I'm sure the women were all over you."

"It was a business trip. I didn't get to see the nightlife too much," Nicolas admits. Not that he's mad; he was never one for clubs or bars.

"Well it's been dull here without you. Emery just moped around talking about the things he would be doing if you were here." Olivia laughs and rests her hand on his shoulder.

"As it should be," Nicolas whispers to her.

"Shut up. Both of you. I wasn't moping, I was bored."

"I'm pretty sure he was out here having conversations with himself." Emery narrows his eyes at his wife.

"Traitor."

"I'm sorry baby but it's true. You need him," she shrugs and faces Nick. "Don't stay gone so long next time. You'll break his little heart." Nicolas laughs and promises it won't happen again.

They eat and Emery talks about all the things Nicolas has missed out on. Like how their neighborhood basketball team beat their rivals 8-6 last week. And how Denny around the corner wanted to join the team because he thought Nick wasn't coming back. Emery of course set him straight. Olivia tells him about her garden, how her veggies he helped plant doubled since last year.

"We should take another trip, one that I can enjoy. A big one this year, "Nicolas suggests.

"I can't take off work. There's way too much going on with the company merging." Emery says around a mouthful of steak. Olivia nudges him with her elbow for eating like an animal. "Sorry babe." He says after the food in his mouth has disappeared.

"Just 2 weeks. I know you have 2 weeks' vacation time." Nicolas is insistent and talking fast.

"Remember when we went to Atlantic City back in February?  That's where my vacation time went."

"Well just take some time off. Relax with me for a while."

"We can't afford to do that." Emery laughs. "Next year for sure though. We could all use it."

"I need it now." Nicolas says in a serious tone, visibly upset.

"Dude what's the big deal? We'll go beginning of next year." Emery has never seen his friend like this. His ears are red, his eyes are watery and the hand with his fork is shaking.

"I just want to go," he huffs out.

"What's going on?" The warmth of Olivia's hand radiates throughout his body.

"I have cancer."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.