Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

One dreams and the other comes to a realization.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Why does my head hurt so much?  I didn’t bump my head did I?  I thought that I was just shot?  Wait a minute!  I’m in the hospital and I can hear voices but I don’t see anyone even though my eyes are open.  I’m dreaming.  I’m so tired. Robert betrayed his country and me.  Why? Wait, wait, something comes to mind.  Several missions ago Robert disappeared for several hours and didn’t say where he went.  Ever since that time he acted a bit dodgy but I never thought that he would betray us.  I guess you never really know people do you, only what they allow you to see.  I will get to the bottom of this. I will find out who else is involved.  Wait, wait, wait! That’s it!  I know what they wanted.  Encryption!  Unlike most agents I always add a quirky data element to all my encryption codes.  When I transmitted the data Robert thought that he could intercept it using a traditional translator but he couldn’t because of the elements that I added.  When Robert realized that he could not access the data that’s when he came after me at the airfield.  He wanted to force me to translate. Will let the higher ups know that we need to tighten security and conduct additional training on data transmissions.  Great!  Now maybe I can get some rest.

 

But I can’t rest.  Jethro.  He didn’t come to the race.  He didn’t call.  I really wanted him there.  Maybe it’s for the best.  I want a ‘lifetime’ with him and maybe he just wants ‘temporary’ with me. When we kiss I feel like I will combust. There are just so many “cold” showers my body can take.  We need to talk and find out how we each view this relationship. Whew! Just thinking about all that has made me even more tired.  I think that I will just go to sleep for real now.  Margie slept peacefully.

 

During the next 24 hours I waited with Lydia and Margie’s parents, who are both retired Federal judges.  Margie’s superiors stopped by too, even the CIA Director.  Leon, Tobias, Ducky, Abby, McGee, Reeves, Torres and Palmer all stopped by for a short time.  I felt in a fog.  I realized that my earlier ranting was only me trying to prepare myself for her loss.  If I convinced myself that I didn’t have to marry her, that if she died, I hadn’t really lost anything.  That’s a lie.  I knew from the moment that I saw her again that she was now a part of my life.  Even if she had not incurred this injury I would still want her in my life.  All right then, I know what I have to do.  I pulled Margie’s father aside for a private conversation.






Chapter End Notes:

Progress made on both fronts.  Now can these two come to a meeting of the minds.  







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.