Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Now engaged what happens with our couple?




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Because of Margie’s great physical conditioning her recovery progressed quickly and given the fact that she had a wedding to plan and a honeymoon to anticipate she had all the motivation she needed to get better soon.  She returned to her condo after discharge from the hospital and her mother stayed with her during her recovery.  Although upon her discharge from the hospital Jethro had offered to have her stay with him during her recovery she declined.

 

“Why don’t you stay with me while you recuperate? I’ll take care of you like you took care of me in Paris all those years ago,” Jethro said.

 

Margie stopped in her tracks amazed at what he just said. “I can’t stay with you.  You have to work every day.  Plus with my arm in a sling I would need help with personal matters with which you cannot assist me,”Margie replied.

 

Jethro smiled and with a penetrating stare said, “I would be more than happy to assist you with all your needs.”

 

Margie smirked and returned his stare with one of her own and responded slowly and succinctly, “I just bet you would Special Agent Gibbs but that will not happen until after the ceremony.  And don’t you dare stare at me with those baby blues of yours. Would you take advantage of me in my weaken state?  Are you such a scoundrel to do that?”

 

“Weaken state? Hah?  Margie you don’t know what weak is. Even wounded you fought to stay alert enough to identify the perpetrator at the intermediary hospital. Even unconscious you put up a fierce battle to rid that poison from your system. After major surgery now you are going home after a week in the hospital. You can bring down a man three times your size so I know that you can handle little ole me,” Jethro teased.

 

Margie stopped and faced Jethro, took his hand to her face and said, “I would love nothing more than to go home with you but I can’t. To go to your home now to recuperate and then have to leave after recuperating is asking too much of me.  When I go to your home to sleep there I want it to be as your wife knowing that I don’t have to leave. And besides you couldn’t resist this luscious body in your house twenty-four seven.  Too much temptation for you old man.” 

 

Jethro laughed at that last remark, ‘old man’ and said, “As to the ‘old man’ remark need I remind you that you are only two years younger than I am, Agent McGregor.  Now as to the part about not coming to stay with me, I understand.  I look forward to the day when we will have twenty-four seven time together.  So now that we have that settled.  Let’s get you home.”

 

Now three months later Margie, her mother and Lydia are having a ‘Margie’s recovery and wedding shower’ just the three of them.  Lydia will have a party for anything.  Once years ago, after a grueling assignment, Lydia started these little parties.  It involved food and drink.  Lydia took every opportunity to celebrate even the little victories in life because she has had her share of loss. Lydia is a widow. Her husband was also an FBI agent who died several years ago of a cerebral hemorrhage. Margie’s mother was just glad that her baby was better and getting married.  

 

Margie had returned to work and received a promotion to Assistant Director of her division. That position did not involve constant fieldwork.  Margie knew that she had fully recovered when she felt well enough to enter another running event.  She loved to run.  It allowed her to relax and gave her such a calming feeling after all the day-to-day intensity of her job.

 

The wedding was planned to take place in a month.  Margie and Jethro had decided on a small, intimate ceremony with only friends and family.  Margie chose Lydia for her matron of honor. Jethro chose Tobias as his best man. Jethro would not tell Margie where they were going for the honeymoon. He wanted to surprise her.






Chapter End Notes:

The Past now becomes the Present.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.