Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The aftermath of the kidnapping takes a toll on the Gibbs family.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

  

The Respite

 

 

Chapter 3                        Recovery

 

The next day an FBI agent interviews me about the kidnapping. I tell them that Dr. Ryan attacked me at the Naval Yard with some kind of drug because one moment I was standing near my truck and then the next I was in the warehouse.  The FBI agent said that the hospital identified the drug used.  The rush of adrenalin cleansed it from my system.  They don’t think that she had a psychotic break because based upon the conversation captured by Margie’s phone, Dr. Ryan was quite lucid and even remembered our conversation from over five years ago.  In that she said that she waited for me to get a divorce indicates premeditation.  They are confident that she won’t be allowed to get away with an insanity plea.  Of course they had to confiscate Margie’s phone.  That’s the second time that she’s had to give up her phone on a case. It’s a good thing that she had it though.  Her special phone will help in prosecuting another felon. 

 

Margie was right that Dr. Ryan would research her and even more so that she would not find anything.  Margie hasn’t been ‘just an analyst’ for over thirty years and what she earns is classified information.

 

Margie had to take me to work today too even though this is her day to go to the office.  I just came in earlier so that she wouldn’t arrive late at her office. She will meet me here at 6:00 p.m. so that I can pick up my truck from the shop.  I did manage to finish the reviews so I don’t have to worry anymore about that.  I do have a conference call before I leave today so I need to prepare my notes for that.

 

Another day at the office done and I am anxious to get home.  The twins will return in a few days and our time alone will end.  Except for the crazy episode with Dr. Ryan, Margie and I have had a really great time together.  We’ve decided that we have to do this more often.  Perhaps on those weekends that the twins are with their grandparents we can escape to the cabin again.  We both like roughing it.  It surprised me that someone as refined at Margie would like that ‘back to nature’ scene but she reminded me that in her years of fieldwork she had to deal with conditions worse than my little cabin.  We will make the most of next few days before the twins return, starting with tonight.  Mrs. Gibbs has no idea what I have in store for her.

 

Margie meets me at my office and takes me to get my truck from the repair shop.  We both leave at the same time but she makes it home before I do because I stopped to pick up something for dinner.  I don’t want her to cook tonight.  When I enter I don’t see her but I know that she’s probably taking a shower. She says that when she gets home she likes to wash off the ‘work dust’.  I put the food on the counter in the kitchen and go to join her in the shower.  I do remember to lock the front door these days.  Anyway I don’t want any interruptions.

 

 

She’s singing in the shower when I enter the bathroom.  I stand behind her and start washing her back. She stops singing when my hands move to the front of her body.  By the end of the shower we are both clean and out of breath.  I really like showering with Margie.  It’s always a satisfying event.  We dress in casual clothes and go downstairs for dinner.  After dinner we retreat to the sofa and cuddle.  I talk to her about my idea of taking a monthly weekend adventure trip. She thinks that it is a great idea and even suggested that we should return to the cabin for the first adventure trip because there were some things that she wanted to do to me that she didn’t get to do when we were last there.  I asked her if we had to wait for her to do them and she smiled and said that we can do them at anytime but the cabin lends a certain element to the actions.  For example her taking a bucket of water and pouring it over her naked body in the moonlight works a lot better in the rustic atmosphere of the cabin than doing the same thing in our bathroom.  I wholeheartedly agreed with her on that but then she moved away from me and dimmed the lights and did a strip tease that had me so hot and bothered but she didn’t allow me any release because she decided to use my fingers as popsicles and then I was lost. My Margie is something else. I am a very fortunate man.






Chapter End Notes:

The ever resilent Gibbs duo.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.