Love and Hunting by EdenWrites
Summary: Dean Winchester and his brother, Sam, with the help of Dean's current girlfriend, Arianna, started a Road House as a way to hunt and perhaps even have a live outside of hunting in Sins & Transgressions. This story is a continuation of that idea.  Dean Winchester never thought he would have a chance at love after Cassie Robinson but Ari and her daughter, Amber, are showing him that  just maybe he can love and hunt.
Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Cassie Robinson, Other
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama, Family, Romance, Science Fiction
Story Status: None
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations, Original Characters, Sexual Content
Challenges: None
Series: Road House Series -Supernatural-DeanCentric
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 54581 Read: 79745 Published: 10/06/10 Updated: 16/06/10
Story Notes:
This is the second story in the Road House series of Four stories.  Please leave feedback because even though you will feel fairly content at the end of Story Three I promised my readers four stories.  Feel free to add ideas in the feedback section as the story goes along.  Thanks for reading.

1. Chapter 1 by EdenWrites

2. Chapter 2 by EdenWrites

3. Chapter 3 by EdenWrites

4. Chapter 4 by EdenWrites

5. Chapter 5 by EdenWrites

6. Chapter 6 by EdenWrites

7. Chapter 7 by EdenWrites

8. Chapter 8 by EdenWrites

9. Chapter 9 by EdenWrites

10. Chapter 10 by EdenWrites

11. Chapter 11 by EdenWrites

12. Chapter 12 by EdenWrites

13. Chapter 13 by EdenWrites

14. Chapter 14 by EdenWrites

15. Chapter 15 by EdenWrites

16. Chapter 16 by EdenWrites

17. Chapter 17 by EdenWrites

18. Chapter 18 by EdenWrites

19. Chapter 19 by EdenWrites

20. Chapter 20 by EdenWrites

Chapter 1 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
This is the next story in the Road House series.  It begins fairly close to where Sins & Transgressions ended.  Enjoy and please leave feedback.

Two months later,

Dean and Sam had been gone for over a month. Dean insisted it was there Iowa tour. He phoned Ari every couple of days to tell her he missed her desperately. Ari felt bad that she had a secret from him. So far only her new diary/journal knew.

Dear Journal,

I have not had my period since Dean left town. I am overdue by at least three weeks. I do not know if a baby would be welcomed in our life right now. But I do know I could never abort Dean's child. What am I going to do? I have considered packing up my things to move on, but I love Dean so much. Besides, I cannot move Amber again. She loves her animals and longs for Sammy to come home, just like I anxiously await Dean's return. This was so not how I planned it. I can only guess our one night of repeated lovemaking somehow counter acted my pills. Now I really need to get to a doctor and make sure if there is a baby that it is healthy and safe. What have I done?

Ari tried extremely hard to appear as though all was well with her, she did not want Amber to worry that her mom was sick. She had very little morning sickness so she felt her secret was safe. It was good that they had the half bath in her and Dean's room. Jo as well as Chet had gone on the hunt with them so she had the house to herself until Missouri arrived one day for a visit.

Missouri had a smile on her face as she faced Ari from the other side of the screen door.

"Hey," Ari said she knew who the woman was from the description Sam had given her.

Despite the fact that she was fairly certain it was Miss Moseley she asked her a question she hoped few knew. Once that was answered she smiled before she opened the door.

"I do not mind a bit of a test, you need to be careful these days. You do not look well," Missouri said as she followed Ari up the stairs. She did not want to concern her hostess but anyone who could change into another person or possess them would know the correct response to how old Sam was when his mother died. She would discuss that with her later.

"Oh, I'm fine," Ari said not quite certain about the ladies abilities.

Missouri sat her bags down in the kitchen as she had a look around. She seemed impressed just by her expression as she took in the tidy house, as Ari watched her.

"You can have Sam's room if you like," Ari suggested after a few moments of not knowing what to say.

"That's fine, I'm sorry I didn't call ahead I thought you might be lonesome with the boys away and Jo," the older lady said as she sat her bag down again in the room.

"Oh it's good you came I could use some company. Not many hunters through here the last couple of weeks. Ellen has been good about passing the word but I have had only one that was not announced and I had to use my training to make sure they were Kosher," she rambled.

"Looks like you are doing a fine job," Missouri said as she followed Ari to the kitchen.

"I hope so."

"So does Dean know about the baby?" Missouri asked.

Ari nearly dropped the teapot she had been about to fill. She swallowed, the woman had not even touched her. Maybe because she was the only one in the house it was easier to read her.

"Um, well no. I really do not know what I am going to do," Ari confessed.

"Why Honey, you are going to have a little Winchester. You don't need to be afraid to tell Dean. I know how he is but a baby is a gift…, " the older lady said with a smile.

"Oh, I do not think he would like this news."

"That boy loves you, you need to keep that in mind. He will be happy maybe not right away I guess. You know Dean is an enigma, but he is a good man just like his father and Sam."

"So I shouldn't worry?"

Missouri shook her head.

"Worry is bad for the baby, he will understand, I guarantee you that. Now where is your little Amber?"

"Oh, the man that sold us the horses took her out for a bit to ride. He is a nice guy."

"You trust him alone with her?"

"Oh absolutely," Ari smiled.

There was a noise outside then the back door opened and closed. Footsteps sounded on the stairs as Milton and Amber came in with grins.

"Hey you two," Ari said.

"Hi Mommy. Who is the lady?" Amber asked as she stood in front of Missouri.

Missouri thought the little girl was the spitting image of her mother, a beautiful child. She certainly hoped that the horseman was not a pervert. She touched the little girl's curls and was relieved to find no anxious energies present. She also seemed happy and well behaved.

"Oh, this is Missouri, Sam and Dean's friend who helped to raise them. She is staying a while."

"Nice to meet you," Amber said with a grin as she reached to touch Missouri's braids.

The older lady beamed at the little girl. Milton smiled as he said hello. Missouri did not like him at all, but she was quiet and only nodded. Ari prepared tea for the adults and chocolate milk for Amber. They sat at the table for a while as they discussed the weather and pets. It seemed Missouri hadn't had a pet since she was a little girl and could not wait to go out with Amber to see the puppy.

Milton got up to leave as soon as the older lady and Amber left the kitchen.

"Thanks for taking her out," Ari said as Milton put his cup in the sink.

He was a bit close to her so she moved away to clean off the table.

"It wasn't a problem. Hey my niece is coming down next week maybe Amber can ride with her, she is the same age."

Ari bit her lip as she hesitated. She really needed to stay away from Milton though Amber needed friends desperately since it was summer and she would not start preschool for a month.

"I really don't know, usually I ride with her, how about I let you know, I just wasn't feeling well today," she said so that he would leave.

"I know well, see you later then," he said with a smile as he left.

She knew Dean would not be happy that he was hanging around even though it was not with her so much as the horses. She looked at the window to see Missouri as she sat on the bench in the shade and watched Amber and Sammy Doo. Ari washed her hands to go out to join them before the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Ari, Baby, how are you?" Dean asked.

"I'm fine, the question is how are you? You are the one out there fighting evil. "

"I'm great. Hey my geeky brother had a vision last night."

"Really?" she said as she bit her lip.

"Yeah, it was a vision about us having a baby. I told him that had to be a prophecy, something way in the future," he said with a smile in his voice.

"Um, yeah that would be something for later after we finally say our I do's," she said as she stalled.

"Exactly, but in this vision you had twins. I told him it was the pizza," Dean added.

"Pizza will do that," Ari said unconvincingly, though she added a little laugh.

I know I need to tell him, why can't I just do it?

Dean asked her how things were going at the house, since they had not spoken in a couple of days. She let him know Missouri was there to stay a bit.

"She never liked me much but I am sure she will like you."

"She said good things about you, Honey, I think she is all bark and no bite if you think she does not like you."

"Maybe."

"I love you," Ari said a bit hesitant.

How can I say that when I am with important information from him? And a baby no less, she took a deep breath.. She had no idea that Dean could hear the fear in her voice. He did not let on. He would give her time to get whatever it was figured out. If he were home it would be easier but he was hundreds of miles away and maybe her secret was better off kept until he could hold her again.

"I love you too. I will let you go for now, tell Amber and Missouri I said hello too."

"I will, talk to you soon, and stay safe, okay."

"Of course," he said as he handed the phone to the nurse.

Ari wasn't the only one with a secret. Dean had been laid up with a broken leg for almost two weeks. He had fractured it as he fell from a rooftop. He was blessed to not have broken his back though he still had a brace on it. The doctor insisted the way he had fallen had saved his life. Sam walked in the room with Jo and Chet.

"Did you phone Ari?"

"Yes," Dean said as he reached for the book on Iowa urban legends.

"I don't suppose you told her about you accident."

"Nope."

"Stubborn ass," Sam said as he took a seat and reached for the remote.

"Jerk," Dean said as Jo rolled her eyes.

She had considered phoning Ari but Dean had threatened her within an inch of her life when she looked as though she had the idea to call. She still wanted to stay on his good side so she had resisted the temptation.

Three days later, Ari went to her doctor's appointment. She had insisted to Amber that she would bring her back a surprise if she would stay with Missouri and be a good little girl. Amber agreed with a big smile a she waved at her mother as she backed out of the drive in her Mustang. Ari arrived at the doctor's office with two minutes to spare she went in right away to see the doctor. He was a tall Caucasian man with white hair and a kind smile. She liked him right away.

It was a basic exam and it was confirmed that just like the little stick had told her two days before, she was definitely pregnant. She could not stop the tears as the came while she put her clothes back on. Well, I will need to get used to that all over again, she thought as she sighed. The doctor came back in to give her some iron pills, a pep talk and another appointment date then she was on her way. She stopped at Wal-mart to grab a couple of treats for Amber and while she was there she roamed the infants department. She daydreamed about having a baby boy for Dean, and wondered how he would look. She was lost in thought when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned to find Milton stood behind her with a grin on his face.

"I thought that was you," he said.

"Yep, just getting a couple things for Amber," she said as she showed him the paint set she had picked.

"Oh, okay. You know someone who is having a baby?" he asked.

"No, I was just looking at all the small outfits they are so tiny," she said as she led him away from the area.

"Yes, I hear babies start out small," he teased as they headed toward the register together.

She had noticed he held a pair of flip-flops and some deodorant. She did not have much to say to him, mostly because she did not want to break down and cry in front of the man who had made known to her that he still had interest in her despite her engagement. Her plan was to break all contact with him unfortunately she had not known how to explain to her daughter why they couldn't see him, yet. He wasn't a bad guy but it felt wrong for him to be around when Dean was gone. She knew Dean did not like Milton because of his attitude or his desire to have her. She couldn't blame him though she looked over the fact that Jo, who had proclaimed to love Dean was still around.

She sighed when she was in the car again. She took a deep breath as she took out her cell phone. I need to tell him, it's only right. She phoned four times and no one picked up. She put the phone back in her purse as she wondered where he could be, though he could easily be out hunting, since that was why he was away. She waited a few minutes with the hope that he might call back. She wasn't a fan of driving and talking at the same time.

Dean heard the phone but since he was flat on his back and unable to reach it he had to wait for Sam to come back up from the cafeteria.

"Any time will be good Sammy."

"Damn it, Dean give me a sec," he said as tried to balance the phone, his plate of food plus a drink.

"Sorry, Francis I forgot your big hands were clumsy."

"Jerk."

"Bitch, Just give me the phone," he said with a smile as he took the cell from his brother.

Ari had just given up waiting to start the car when the phone rang. She shifted back to park before she grabbed it.

"Hey."

"Hey Sweetie, you called?"

"Yeah I need to tell you something," she said as the tears came again.

"Go ahead."

He could hear the nervousness again. This was the reason she had been fearful before.

"I'm pregnant Dean, I just found out for sure…."

"Pregnant? What the hell, Ari?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't plan this, I promise…."

Sam looked as his brother. Why was he angry?

"Wait Ari…"

Dean felt as though he couldn't breath he wanted badly to get up from the bed and hit something. Damn it. Deep breath. She isn't the only one responsible.

"I know you aren't happy but I want to keep it, if I have to leave then I will…"

"Ari, I…"

"Please don't be mad at me."

"Ari, listen okay," he said with a sigh.

He wasn't good with change and lately changes had come rapidly. But a baby?

Sam mouthed, "She's pregnant?"

Dean pointed to the door, so Sam would leave the room. Sam rolled his eyes as he picked up his snack to go outside the room.

"Stop talking," Dean snapped.

Ari was silent. She knew he wouldn't be happy about her announcement but she had not been ready for him to be angry. But he had that right, they had tried to be careful most of the time.

"Ari, I need to think okay, can you give me some time?" he asked with less anger in his voice.

Breathe, I love this woman. But, good Lord why now? I need to think. Breathe.

"Sure," she said simply as fear gripped her heart.

"Okay," he said before he hung up.

Ari sat in the car with the cell in her hand. She couldn't move. He thinks I did this on purpose, Oh God. Milton saw her in the car and came over.

"Hey I thought you were gone, are you okay?"

"Um, yeah I'm fine. I have to go," she said as she tried to smile as she started the car while he stood stunned outside.

She backed up and drove away as he watched.

Dean had his eyes closed when Sam came back in the room.

"Dean I know you aren't asleep. What did Ari say?"

"Nosy, that would be my business."

Sam scrunched his face up.

"You didn't tell her you are in the hospital, again."

"Yeah well Francis I have other things on my mind now."

"I heard you say she was pregnant."

"Mr. Eavesdropper, I didn't say she was pregnant, she did," he said as he frowned up at his brother whose mouth dropped open.

"Just like in my vision?"

For a moment Dean had forgotten the vision, so much of it he had yet to reveal to Ari, of course at the time he didn't know it was an actual possibility.

TBC

Chapter 2 by EdenWrites

Ari was ready for bed before Dean called her back. She lie on the covers reading a book as she tried very hard not to think about hearing from him. She knew he would call when he was ready. When the phone rang, she sighed before she picked up.

"Katarina," he said with a smile in his voice.

"Don't," she said with anger as a vein throbbed in her forehead.

"Don't what?"

"Try to sweet talk me."

"What?"

"Don't play dumb, you call me that because you know it turns me on and earlier you were….angry like it's not your baby too."

"I was surprised.. I needed to think."

Maybe she was right it was pass time to turn her on. Sam looked in the window to see Dean roll his eyes.

"About what? It's our baby, I am having it here or somewhere else," she said as she leaned back on the bed with her arms over her stomach.

"Ari, please, you had to know I would be surprised."

"Yeah , I figured that but, it wasn't all my fault I got pregnant. I felt like you had to decide if I could have this baby, that isn't right."

"I agree," he said as he tried to appease her anger, he added "I am partially to blame, it's our baby like you said. I want you there at home pregnant, not anywhere else."

"Are you sure? I mean I will love this child either way, can you say that?"

"Yes."

Both were quiet for long moments. He had not considered that she might be upset by his response. It had not been the most loving. He knew she was stubborn sometimes but he hadn't meant to hurt her feelings.

"Ari, you know I am not good with this emotional stuff, I will probably make a horrible father."

"No, you are a gentle person when you want to be, you will be fine."

"I hope so."

He closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry I was angry, I just wished you were here then you …"

"It's okay. I do need to tell you something."

"What?"

"I am in the hospital."

"What?" she asked as she leaned up on the bed.

"I was in an accident a couple of weeks ago."

---

He told her about the fall off a rooftop. He explained how he had broken his leg and pulled a few muscles in his back, though there was more to that part that he did not share. He emphasized how lucky he had been to make it out alive. His heart had taken the fall well and there were no problems in that area.

"All this time you have been calling me from a hospital bed?"

"I didn't want you to worry. And now that I know you are expecting I am glad I didn't mention it."

"Okay, so you are doing well?"

"Yeah they are letting me out at the end of the week."

"Good, then I can beat you to a pulp for keeping things from me, once you are better," she teased.

Dean laughed, spitfire woman.

"So now that you're preggers, can we still make love?"

Ari laughed as she leaned back to close her eyes.

"Oh absolutely."

"Good to know," he said with a smile.

----

Missouri was glad to see a smile on Ari's face the next morning.

"So you talked to Dean?"

Ari nodded as she had a seat at the table where Missouri had placed the meal.

"Oh, you didn't have to go through this trouble if I get up late we just have cereal."

"No problem its fun to cook, I love it," Missouri said as she rubbed her round stomach.

Ari smiled her thanks.

"Where is Amber?"

"She went to get the pictures she painted this morning, she asked to put them on the refrigerator and I assumed it was okay."

Amber came in the room with two watercolor drawings. One of Missouri and one of her and Ari.

"Those are nice," Ari said.

They were very detailed for a four year old. Ari raised an eyebrow as she watched Missouri as she reviewed the pictures.

"Very nice," she said to the little girl as she used the magnets on the door to hang them.

"Okay, Munchkin, sit down before the breakfast gets cold."

"Okay, Mommy," she said with a smile at the two woman as she took a seat.

---

Later that evening after Amber was in bed Missouri spoke in low tones to Ari in the living room.

"I think your daughter has a gift. I mean besides being extremely smart for her age her drawings were more than good."

"I saw that." Ari said.

"Is there any history of genius' in your family?"

"None that I know, except my grandfather was unusually adapt in the stock market."

They both looked at one another when there was a knock on the door.

"Expecting anyone?" Missouri asked.

"No, I'm not."

A minute later, there was more knocking this time harder and more persistent. Ari grabbed the shotgun out of the pantry. Missouri smiled. They both went downstairs to the door. Missouri in front Ari behind with the gun.

They laughed when they saw it was Dean. He used his crutches to bam on the door. He looked irritated.

"Dean, what are you doing here you said you were not getting out until the end of the week."

"Glad to see your old man, huh?" he said as he grimaced from the pain in his back.

Ari gave Missouri the shotgun so she could help Dean to the downstairs. There was no way he was ready to climb stairs.

"I will let you two talk," Missouri said as she headed up stairs.

"Good to see you," Dean said to her retreating back.

"You flew?" Ari asked with a smile.

"Yes, it was horrible. I would have been terrified if it had not been for the nice flight attendants helping me."

"Oh really?" Ari said with a raised eyebrow.

She helped him prop his leg up on the sofa.

"None of them were a beautiful as you but I had to pretend to get the first class treatment," he said with a dimpled grin.

"Whatever works," she said as she pretended to be jealous.

--

Dean explained how the last couple of days he had been up and around in the wheelchair and practicing on the crutches. The doctor said that he could stay and convalesce a few more days or leave. He wanted to get out so bad he let Sam and the others have the Impala to continue the hunt.

"Sam could not stop laughing as I tried not to get sick at the thought of getting on the damn plane. What a jerk," he said with a smile.

Ari smiled. She plumped a pillow to put behind his head, though he needed two to support his back. It was a good thing the sofa was oversized and comfortable. He watched her with no desire to stop. She caught him staring but didn't mind. She missed the sight of him too. She knelt beside the sofa so she could lean in to kiss him. She lay her hand lightly on his stomach as she pressed her lips against his. This was why she was pregnant, she couldn't resist him. It was no accident, she believed it was fate.

Dean's cell rang before they were done but he figured he should answer it to tell his brother he was on the ground safely. Ari grabbed the phone for Dean from his jacket.

A piece of paper fell to the floor as she gave it to him.

"Hey Sammy."

Ari picked up the paper to see it had a phone number on it.

"Yeah I'm fine. Ari is taking care of me now I am good hands."

Ari looked at him but he had leaned back to close his eyes so he did not see the sad expression on her face. She put the paper in her pocket. I cannot believe he would do this. I should ask, I don't want to be upset. I need to trust him, there may be a reason, it could be for hunting.

"Take care of my other baby, no hanky panky with Jo in my car," Dean teased his brother.

--

Ari bit her lip as she went to the kitchen to make a sandwich for her fiancé. She felt bad about keeping the number. She did trust him, but he was only human. She sighed as she leaned on the counter. I will ask, I would rather know. She took the sandwich in to the living room with a couple of drinks. He sat up when he saw her.

"Hey you okay? You're not feeling sick are you?"

"No, I'm fine. I .. um.."

"What?" he asked as he looked questioningly at her.

"Dean this fell from your pocket when I got the phone," she said as she handed him the number.

He looked at it but it was unfamiliar to him. He shrugged.

"Ari I don't know whose number this is."

"Maybe a friendly flight attendant."

"I didn't get any numbers, I am engaged," he said as he looked sincerely into her eyes.

"No?"

"Of course not, hey let's dial it to find out. Then we will both know."

The phone on the other end rang while he stroked her face with his fingers. He needed her to believe him and hoped like crazy it was not the number a flight attendant.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?" Dean asked.

"You called, who is this?" the man said.

"Gabe?"

"Yeah who is this?"

"Oh man, its Dean. You helped us on some research in Des Moines a couple weeks ago. I'm sorry I found your number and could not remember who it belonged to."

"Oh yeah, how did that turn out?"

"Good we got everything taken care of."

"Glad to hear that."

"Yeah, sorry to bother you."

"No problem, take care."

Ari felt silly, it didn't help her emotions were in a jumble. Dean was relieved but he had known he was innocent, this time.

"I'm sorry," she said as she opened the can for him.

"Don't be, I know I have a reputation with the ladies."

"I trust you, I really do."

"I guess my goofing around earlier didn't help."

"Let's forge it."

They split the sandwich since Dean had eaten on the plane, but they ate in silence. After ward, Dean told Ari about Sam's vision. She was floored and more than a bit sad.

"Knowing that your child will die in a battle with evil, is surreal. However, maybe there is a way we can avoid this from happening. I mean we have like twelve years."

"That's true. So I may be having twin boys?"

"Looks like it."

"Double trouble?"

He laughed, " Two more stubborn Winchesters."

"What have I gotten myself into?" she laughed.

---

When they finished the snack, Dean made room for Ari on the sofa after she cut out the lights.

"I need to tell you something," she said as she leaned on his shoulder.

He touched her stomach though they had not discussed the baby, somehow just having his hand there made it all more real to him.

"More news?"

"Well, Milton has been around lately."

"What?"

"Just with the horses and he took Amber riding a couple of mornings when I felt sick."

"Oh?"

"It meant nothing to me, but it was nice for Amber."

"I don't want him coming around here," Dean insisted with anger in his voice.

"I know, but his niece is coming next week and she is Amber's age. I thought…"
"Ari I don't like him if Amber needs riding friends we should take her to a riding school where she can meet girls her age to ride with."

"You're right. I will let him know."

"No, I will let him know," he said as he put his arm around her and kissed her forehead.

Ari bit her lip, she knew he was right. Though she had no desire for Milton she had a feeling his coming around was just a way of him getting into her life.

"Okay, that's fine."

"You aren't disappointed you won't see him again are you?"

He tilted his head as he looked at her. He still had to get used to being in love, he certainly needed her to be in it wholeheartedly. No rivals, no men friends hanging around.

"No, not at all. I only need one man in my life."

"Good," he said as he reached to pull her close for another kiss.

---

Sam, Jo and Chet went straight to the motel for the night after they made certain Dean was on the plane.

"He is such a sissy," Jo said as she threw her bag on the bed.

Sam stood at the door.

"Funny you were crazy about that sissy," he said a bit bitter.

"Well that is all over. So your brother is going to be a father, which will be interesting."

"That I agree with. But, Dean has parenting skills, though they may be a bit dormant, he raised me and I turned out fine."

"That is true," she said as she stood in front of Sam with her arms crossed.

"Don't start Jo."

"Oh are you scared of me now?"

Sam turned to leave, he didn't want to play games with her.

"I like you but I think we jumped ahead of ourselves."

"So you didn't enjoy it?"

"I didn't say that, I just think we should know each other better before we go that route again, that's all."

"Maybe I shouldn't tell you this but might help, though no one else knows, sit down," Jo said as she blocked the door to the room.

explained to him about how she began down the slippery slope to sleeping around.

It happened at the roadhouse when her mother had gone to visit her sister. One of the hunters had gotten himself hurt and Jo had volunteered to clean him up in the backroom. After she bandaged him up, he thanked her by raping her. She was sixteen years old, but never told her mother because she thought she could deal with it on her own. Over the years, she said the time just never seemed right to bring it up. The more time passed the more she didn't want anyone to know she had been so stupid. She could attest to all the horrible victim stories she ever read. She never felt worth much, always liked the wrong men, felt for some reason like sex could make her feel better though it was always the opposite.

"Sam you were the only man that I have been with that gives a damn."

Sam couldn't help but to hold her in his strong arms as she cried.

TBC
Chapter 3 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
The song in this sexy chapter is Baby Come to Me by James Ingram and Patti Austin.  It is an oldie that I just love.  Enjoy.

When Ari came back downstairs after she put Amber to bed, Dean smiled at her. He had moved from the sofa in the living room to the empty bedroom all on his own.

"Looks like you don't need my help," she teased as she dropped the heavy robe she had worn just in case she ran into Chet in her attempt to get back to Dean.

"Boy that was scary I thought you had on Missouri's clothes for a second," Dean teased as he lay on the covers in only his boxers.

"Oh you wanted Missouri to come down?" she teased as she modeled her royal blue silk robe before him; it was all she had on under the heavy robe she had worn.

"No, you will do just fine, now stop teasing me and get over here," he said as she straddled his legs to lean over him.

"I will do fine?" she laughed, "I could go get Missouri for you," she added, before Dean rolled his eyes with a smirk.

(Patti)

Thinkin' back in time

When love was only in my mind

I realize

Ain't no second chance

You've got to hold on to romance

Don't let it slide

There's a special kind of magic in the air

When you find another heart that needs to share

-
She knelt down to kiss him as he caressed her body, his hands roamed to and fro over the silk that emphasized her curves. Her heart rate rose from his nearness and his touch. Her tongue teased his lips as it slid lightly across them evoking moans from him. She teased him slowly before he opened his mouth to let her tongue invade the moist lush cavern. He pulled her closer as the kiss deepened while their tongues engaged in a silent war, the only sounds were the beat of their hearts.

(Both)

Baby, come to me

Let me put my arms around you

This was meant to be

And I'm oh so glad I found you

Need you ev'ry day

Gotta have your love around me

Baby, always stay

'Cause I can't go back to livin' without you

Ari moved her hands from his shoulders to his face as she balanced herself over him. He couldn't get enough of her warmth as they continued to kiss more fervently. There body heat rose with the contact. Dean did not want her to move from her spot, she tasted sweet, even the fear that gripped his heart about the baby she carried did not deter him. When they finally released one another from the kiss their eyes locked, both full of passion, desire, longing, and love. Ari hesitantly broke the eye contact as she peppered kisses over his neck before she found a favored soft spot to suckle. Dean closed his eyes to enjoy the feeling, as she licked and bit, alternately.

(James)

Spendin' ev'ry dime

To keep you talkin' on the line

That's how it was

And all those walks together

Out in any kind of weather

Just because

There's a brand-new way

Of looking at your life

When you know that love

Is standing by your side

He smiled as she moved down to his Adam's apple to kiss it before she roamed further south. His nipples were hard from all the stimulation to his body but she kissed them too, her hands touched his muscled chest in appreciation of its satiny smoothness despite the scars he bore. She stopped her exploration then looked up to see his hazel eyes full of love for her. She was touched, though she may have insisted it was hormones she felt a tear fall to her cheek. To hide it she knelt down again to push her tongue inside his navel, a glorious inny, Dean had never met someone so fascinated with that part of his anatomy. His erection ached as she inched closer to it, his mind was muddy with the thought that he really needed her to get to the main event, but he fought the urge to complain. He adored her hands on his body too much to ruin the mood. Her hands that awakened every part of him inside and out, his poor heart was in over drive. He swallowed, then told himself to breathe, it was a turning point for him. Love had truly come to Dean Winchester.

(Both)

Baby, come to me

Let me put my arms around you

This was meant to be

And I'm oh so glad I found you

Need you ev'ry day

Gotta have your love around me

Baby, always stay

'Cause I can't go back to livin' without you

His hands were in her hair as he massaged her scalp absentmindedly before she pulled off his boxers. After they fell to the floor, she smiled at the sight before her. His erection was stiff and at the ready though the size might frighten a shy girl, Ari was used to him. She touched it lovingly, little Dean, then bit her lip as he closed his eyes again. Once she saw he wasn't looking she tried something new, as she licked up one side then down the other before she put the tip of her tongue inside the slit. She moved it gently back and forth before Dean's eyes shot open. What was that? Whoa, it felt damn good. Ari didn't realize he had begun to watch her as she got into it with her eyes closed. His breath began to come faster than before because of the stimulation that took him so close to the edge. When she pulled up again she impaled herself on his erection, immediately. Looks like it did something for her too, he thought.

(James)

The nights can be cold

There's a chill to ev'ry evenin'

When you're all alone

(Patti)

Don't talk anymore

'Cause you know that I'll be here

To keep you warm

(Oh, darling keep me warm)

She rode him slowly to start but picked up a few minutes later when she leaned up again to kiss him. He raised his uninjured leg to help her as well as add a new angle. She was agile and Dean's hands caressed her from top to bottom before she finally discarded the silk robe. The sight of her soft full breasts pleased him. He reached up to touch and stroke them as she continued to kiss his lips again. Slow and easy make it last. She was slippery wet and tight, the combination that he enjoyed most. Two months without sex, without Ari, had been torture. No solitary solution could make up for that. He reached up to place his finger on her soft spot, gently, just a tickle at first enough to help her reach her climax then he began persistent motion that rocked her insides. She trembled when she came just before he exploded inside her. He was satisfied as he sighed while she lay for a moment contented and exhausted on his chest. Welcome home.

One week later,

Sam came in the door with his bags in hand as Amber ran to meet him after seeing him out her window.

"Sammy," she said as she ran to him before he dropped his bag on the floor.

He picked her up for a big hug.

"Hey Munchkin, did you miss me?"

"Yes, Sammy, I missed you so much," she said as she hugged him tight. Sam put her down after a minute with a smile, just before Ari walked in the kitchen with her purse in hand.

It felt good to be home and welcomed even if by a little girl who seemed to adore him.

"Hey Sam, you look a bit tired."

"Good to see you too, you look good," he grinned.

"Blame that on your brother," she laughed.

"Well whatever he is doing its working," he replied.

Ari laughed, "Well we have to go to the store in a sec, I'm going to run down to see if Dean needs anything can you watch Amber for a minute."

Sam nodded.

"By the way, welcome back," Ari said as she disappeared down the stairs.

She said hi to Jo and Chet as she ran into them on the way down, Jo smiled as she dragged her bags, though the older man looked tired. Ari's focus was on her quick errand.

(Both)

Baby, come to me

Let me put my arms around you

This was meant to be

And I'm oh so glad I found you

Need you ev'ry day

Gotta have your love around me

Baby, always stay

'Cause I can't go back to livin' without you

Dean was on the sofa again with his broken leg propped up on the pillow and the remote in hand. He had been moving around quite well though he still could not get up the stairs independently. He had chosen to reside in the downstairs until he received his walking cast the following week. He smiled up at Ari when she walked in the room. She wore low cut jeans and a hunter green t-shirt that didn't quite meet up with her jeans, just a bit of tummy peeked through. Dean licked his lips as she took a seat beside him before he leaned up to kiss her alluring mouth. She sat the beer she had brought to him on the table near the sofa.

"Thanks," he said after the kiss.

"You're welcome, hey I'm going to the store, do you need anything," she as she leaned down again to brush her lips over his.

"I need you to stay here," he whispered against her mouth.

"You are making it hard to leave you," she groaned as he held her against him.

"It's my job to want you," he said before he nibbled on her ear.

She sighed loudly, the word Dean came out like a prayer.

"I'll be back," she grinned before she slowly got up.

"You know you look awfully sexy to be pregnant," he commented.

"You think? You know a lot of men are attracted to pregnant women and it only gets better from here," she said as she walked out the door with an obvious sway of her hips.

Count me in that number, how did I get so lucky, he said to himself as he licked his lips.

After they left for the store, Sam and Jo went down to talk to Dean.

"So travelers how did it go?" he asked with a dimpled grin.

"Hey are you or Ari pregnant, Dude, you are glowing," Sam teased.

"Don't be jealous she is taking good care of me," Dean replied with a smirk.

Jo laughed, "I bet she is," she said under her breath.

Dean glared playfully at Jo.

"I just meant I knew she would take good care of you," Jo corrected herself as she recalled the promise she made to herself to play nice with Ari.

"So, Sammy, you two get everything figured out between you?" Dean asked with a raised eyebrow as he looked from one to the other.

"We are good, don't worry yourself," Sam said with a slight grin.

"You mean don't worry my pretty head?" Dean asked.

Then it was time for Jo to roll her eyes. Sam chuckled, same old Dean.

At the store Ari was in a daze, she had let Amber shop with Missouri while she checked out the produce department. She wandered aimlessly for a few minutes as she sighed. It had been a week since Dean had returned home and they had yet to talk about the baby. They had spoken of the vision but not the actually baby that she carried. Inside her head, she had hoped he would catch the excitement so they could talk about her pregnancy openly. Instead, she was still waiting for him to bring up. I should have known he wasn't the type to talk babies. She knew she couldn't afford to stress over the situation the fact that he was back at home was a reason to be happy with or without baby talk. Dean is safe, that should be my focus. Deep breath, I know he will get in the spirit of things soon. At least I hope so.

The other two walked up behind Ari as she was lost in thought.

"Honey you okay?"

"Yeah," Ari said with an unconvincing look on her face.

Missouri knew what was wrong, as she lightly touched Ari's hand. Amber looked up at her mother from beside the cart.

"Tell me you aren't fretting over Dean. That boy loves you like crazy. I've seen the look in his eyes. He would do anything for you. He may never be able to explain it but I know it's true."

"I know, I really do," Ari conceded with another sigh.

Amber smiled up at her mother as Ari put her hand on the little girls head.

"I like Dean, Mommy."

"Me too Munchkin, me too," she said as she they went toward the register.

"Dean is lucky to have two such beautiful ladies in his life," Missouri said as she grinned

at the others.

That night they all went out for dinner, except for Chet who had a cold. Jo and Sam had been concerned about getting sick themselves but so far had avoided it. Chet insisted all he needed was rest as he waved to them as they left the yard. He went back inside to warm himself a bowl of soup. He ate in front of the television where he fell asleep an hour later.

TBC

Chapter 4 by EdenWrites

Two months later, they both sat in the car in shock. Neither spoke as Ari leaned back in the seat though her hands were on the steering wheel. Dean sighed again.

"So there are two of them in there?" he said still reeling from seeing the twins on the sonogram.

"Looks like it," she said as she bit her lip.

"Okay, we can do this, right?"

"Um, yes, I guess, I still had hopes that this wasn't you know twins, that somehow that version of our life was farther down the road."

Dean took her hand in his.

"I was hoping that too, but oh well at least we know what we are working with."

"What do you mean?"

"We are having two handsome little boys," he grinned.

Ari ran her fingers over his jaw.

"Proud Papa now huh?"

"Yes and don't you forget it," he said as she leaned in for a quick kiss.

She wouldn't forget, just that satisfied look on his face was something she would always cherish. Him, finally acknowledging his babies touched her heart.

"You know seeing them, hearing the heart beats made so much difference. I guess I am still a need the proof person," he said as she stared in her eyes.

"Not that you didn't believe me and just think I was getting fat?"

"Of course I believed you, and you are not fat," he smiled.

"Just joking I know," she grinned as she started the car.

"Would you mind if we named one after my dad?" Dean asked as they backed out of the parking space.

"No of course not, I was going to suggest that."

"Thanks."

"No need, I know he was important to you just like mine was to me."

They discussed how they were going to explain to Amber about the babies and them not being married.

"You already told her a person needs to be married to have kids?"

"Yeah, a while back before this even, she always asked really grown up questions. I never thought I would need to explain myself."

Dean sighed as she kept her eyes on the road.

"Maybe we should get married."

"No, not just so Amber can make sense of us, absolutely not," she said a bit too fast for Dean's taste.

Dean crooked his head to the side. He often wondered what Ari had against marriage or even engagements. It wasn't as though he was in a rush to head to the altar but he did love her. What was he missing? Was she divorced after having endured a bad marriage? Maybe an abusive marriage she didn't want to discuss at all? He kept quiet as he watched several expressions cross her face in profile. She seemed agitated, angry, uncomfortable, not herself at all, basically.

"Ari pull over."

"What?"

"Pull over please?"

She did as he asked which was not a real big deal since they were on a back road not too far from home.

"Is there anything you need to tell me?"

Ari avoided his gaze as she sighed.

"Ari?"

Her tears flowed freely down her cheeks to land on the front of her shirt, as Dean watched not certain of what he could do. He should have known her avoidance of the engagement had to mean something. She was a woman in love why else would she have been so against it? He had never been in a relationship so why did he think he could do this at all? Did he have the capacity to make her feel loved the way she did for him? He moved over to pull her into his arms as she laid her head on his shoulders. All he could do was take a shot at listening for the moment. She took deep breaths as she tried to relax after a couple of minutes.

"I'm sorry, Dean. I didn't know how to tell you. It hasn't been that long since we have been together and I love you so much. I was afraid of what you would think of me after a while …."

"Just tell me okay," he said into her hair.

She looked at him with fear in her eyes.

"I'm married Dean.."

"What…? Who?" he moved back from her.

"The guy that wants me dead, that pimp.. we are legally married though I didn't actually agree to it."

Dean ran his hands through his hair, as she looked in his eyes. He was hurt she could feel it in her chest. He was appalled she could see it on his face. She had to convince her body to relax, de stress, breathe. When she told him about the pimp before, she should have told him the whole story. Why had she let her fear come between them? Why was she an idiot? It would be her fault if he left her like Amber's dad had. She should have known nothing good would last in her life. Something whispered, "It's okay," Ari looked around but so only sad faced Dean.

"We should go we can't sit here much longer," he said as he moved her away from him so she could start the car again."

Ari was distracted, was she hearing things? The sound came again, "It's okay," it was like a breeze except it was a woman's voice. Dean didn't seem to hear it he seemed lost in his thoughts.

They were both quiet as they rode the few miles back home. Once in the drive way Dean finally turned to her. He reached for her hand to stroke it. He still seemed sad though she so a glimpse of hope in the fact that he touched her.

"I love you, so if you could please get your story together, all of it, I would like to hear it later, okay," he said simply before he got out of the car.

"Okay," she said with a frown as he closed the door.

She couldn't move for long moments as she thought about the sordid tale she would need to relay to him. She was glad he was willing to listen. She felt blessed to have someone with an open mind in her life. Someone who was willing to give her a chance to make things right. God I do not want to lose him but I do not want him to stay only because of our babies. Help me, oh God, please help.

Sam came down to check on her before she finally emerged from the car.

"Hey, did you two get in a fight? Why are you still outside?"

Ari smiled. Sam was always the peacemaker, or busy body she wasn't sure which at times. She did know he had a good heart, just like his brother.

"No, I'm good. The twins are good," she said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh they are twins," he said as he hugged her.

"Yeah looks like you were right."

"Well we have some time then to find that damn demon so the vision doesn't come true," he said as they walked toward the back door.

Dean watched them from the kitchen window. He wasn't angry with Ari, he was concerned that she was married. Good grief. Though he knew it wasn't a situation she was proud to be in, or the way it sounded one she had consented to. Her past, that he had given little thought about, was coming back to haunt her. He had never wanted to press her because he knew she didn't want to think of it. He determined that he would reserve judgment on the situation until after he heard the story. He also didn't want her nervous and upset in her condition. He decided that she was priority because he wasn't going to give her or his babies up without a fight. Amber came up behind him to touch him on the leg.

"Can you go out with me to walk Sammy Doo?" she said as she looked up innocently at him.

He smiled at her, she looked so much like her mother, and she wasn't a child to be fooled. He had known from the start that the little girl would be able to see through him if he wasn't good to her mother. He was glad that Amber was finally getting use to him despite having taken to Sam so quickly.

"Sure Munchkin, get your shoes," he said as he ruffled her hair.

He and Amber were headed out as Sam and Ari came in. He smiled and touched her arm.

"We will be back shortly," he said to Ari.

Ari blushed at Dean's smile. He really wanted to things to work she could tell he was trying very hard to push her declaration to the back of his mind. Sam knew something was up but he kept quiet as he pulled Amber's hair as she grinned back at him as she left with Dean.

There was excitement at the dinner table as everyone talked of the twins. Amber was happy to know she was going to have siblings. Sam wanted to start on making a couple of cribs that Dean had mentioned. Jo ate without saying much while Chet enjoyed his meal with grunts of appreciation thrown in.

"So you are helping?" Dean asked.

"Oh absolutely, I mean when we aren't hunting," Sam said as he looked from Dean to Ari.

"What?" Ari asked.

"Dean can still go hunting right?"

Dean almost choked on his fish.

"Of course I am still hunting, why are you asking her, Sammy?"

"I just thought she might want you close to home in case something goes wrong."

"No, Sam, I am pregnant not sick. I will be fine," Ari grinned.

"I will stay around when she is farther along like nine months," Dean said as he smiled at Ari.

Missouri smiled, she had decided she should go back home for a while in a few days but return after the babies were born.

"Ari will be fine, besides she has done this before and the midwife is in town. You boys just focus on getting that damn Demon," Missouri said as she took them all by surprise by cursing.

Dean smirked, women constantly surprised him.

That night after everyone was in bed, they met in the study to talk. It was agreed that the bedroom wasn't the place to hash out things that might be unpleasant to speak of, at least according to Ari. Dean sat on one end of the sofa and Ari on the other end. He tilted his head to the side as he motioned for her to come closer. She sighed, hesitated but gave in to his look of concern.

"Ari, I just want to know what happened so we can figure out how to get you out of it."

"Dean if I divorce him he will know where I live, I mean he has found me once before. It was horrible when he showed up at my job, I thought I would die. I was suicidal, you have no idea how much strength it took to pack up my baby and disappear again, " she said as she tried not to cry again.

He moved her head to his shoulder, before he sighed.

"Shhh, its okay we can get this figured out together, I promise."

She sighed before she began to relax against him.

"Okay, this is what happened, " she began.

"Take your time," he encouraged her.

"When he found out from one of the girls that I planned to leave he drugged me….he abused me, sexually, then threatened to kill me if I left. Somewhere after the drugging part, it seems I must have signed a marriage license. I was devastated but he did it as a back up plan because he figured if I did get out alive he could always find me when I filed for divorce."

"So all this time you didn't bother, and you felt safer that way?"

Ari nodded.

Dean racked his hands through his hair in frustration.

"How do you know that the license was real?"

"I found it online, it still says we are married, he knows to get divorced he needs to consent."

"All because of his damn ego? Because you wanted out?"

She nodded again as he held her close to him. She hated to get him involved in her mess.

"Ari is there anything else? I mean maybe Sam and your money guy could find a way to get rid of the marriage license without a real divorce."

"Yeah? I don't know Dean. Please believe me when I say this wasn't something I was hiding, I just felt stupid and used. I hated that guy I still do, the whole marriage thing was a way for him to blackmail me emotionally. He wanted to steal my future, to have me in fear that he would show up at any time, fear of being happy …I'm glad that you understand. I am so sorry it came out like it did."

He kissed her forehead as she held on to him.

"Please say you forgive me for not saying anything before. Now that you see I am damaged, how can you still want me?" she mumbled into his chest.

"I don't think there is anything to forgive, just know you can tell me anything. And you are not damaged, what you are is stuck with me. You don't have to worry about this any more, okay I will fix it."

He looked into her eyes and realized that his hatred for the bastard that caused her so much pain could be the first human he ever killed.

"If you weren't married, would you marry me?" he asked to lighten the mood.

"In a heartbeat," she said as she leaned up to kiss him.

Once they were finally in bed that night she told him about the voice she had heard earlier in the car. He explained his belief that at times their Mother was around to watch over them. To him it sounded as though it could be her.

"Really?"

"That's my guess, I mean you were upset and she is a comforting presence."

"You do not think I imagined it?"

"Nope, but I didn't hear it only you know for sure," he said as he held her in his arms.

Mary Winchester liked Ari she felt she was Dean's match and she was glad he had found her. She walked from the room out into the hall as she heard the sound of Jo crying. She walked through the wall to see the young lady in the fetal position sound asleep but tears streamed down her face. Mary leaned over her and touched her face. Jo opened her eyes to look around. She sighed as she sat up. She had no idea why she had awakened and no recollection of the sobs that had wracked her body a moment before. Mary left the room the same as she had come in but with a smile on her face.

Her last stop was Sam's room. She watched over Sam more often than the others since he was her baby. Dean had no idea how often she had helped him to protect Sam. She watched as he slept soundly as he lay on his back with his mouth open and the sheet halfway across his naked body. He had no dreams tonight he was at ease and free of fear. She liked when Sam was at peace, she kissed his forehead before she faded away.

TBC

Chapter 5 by EdenWrites
Sam and Jo got up early the next morning to take Amber on a picnic.  They had planned it before the Iowa tour.  Amber was dressed and ready by the time Ari got up to give her breakfast.
“Mommy, you and Dean can come too?”
“Well, Honey, this is something Sam and Jo want to do with you, you don’t mind right?”
She shook her head as she smiled. Ari knew time with Sam was important to the little girl.
“But thanks for asking, and we will be here when you get back.  Maybe we can go up to Chuckee Cheese later, though she knew Dean hated that place.
“Really?”
“Maybe, you might be tired after chasing Sammy Doo all day at the park.”
“I won’t be tired,” Amber said as Jo walked in the room.

    “Morning.”
“Hey.”
“Hey Jo,” Amber said as she ate her cereal.
“So you plan to do some hiking out at the Kettle Moraine?”
“Yep, it will be a full day,” Jo said with a smile at Amber.
Sam came upstairs a second later.
“Good Morning,” he said with a  smile.
“Hi Sammy.”
“Sam, good morning,” Ari said as she stood beside the sink in her big fluffy robe.
“You about ready?” Jo asked as she passed Sam to go outside.
Sam looked after her and shrugged.
Ari didn’t know what to say about Jo just walking out, so she was silent as she waited for Amber to be done so she could take her bowl.
“You two okay?” she finally asked.
“Oh, we are fine.”
“I hope so no fighting around my K-I-D,” Ari warned with a smile.
“Kid,” Amber said as she looked up from her bowl.
Sam grinned. Ari tried not too.  Amber was getting too smart for her breeches.

    Ari watched out of the window as Jo, Sam, Amber and Sammy Doo all got situated in Jo’s Charger with their supplies. The house was quiet since Chet had left the night before to go meet Wynell on her way back from the Apostle Isles, and Missouri had also gone back home.   She was still by the window when Dean came out of the room in his boxers as he rubbed his eyes.
“Oh there is light out here, can you please come back in the room where its cozy and dark.”
Ari smiled.  It was only after six in the morning, since Sam had wanted to get started before the sun was too warm.  Summer in Wisconsin could heat up in July.  The Kettle Moraine National park was miles and miles of open hiking space, but only about a half hour away.  She was glad that neither Jo or Sam minded taking Amber.  The fresh air would do them all good, and she knew the dog would be in heaven.
 
    She followed Dean back in the room and into the bed.  She sat in the bed before she leaned against the headboard as she eyed her baby bump.  She was getting bigger that was certain, four months wasn’t much for one baby but with two it was something to see.  Dean leaned up to kiss her with no idea of her state of mind.  She turned her head away.  He frowned as he reached to touch her stomach.
“What?”
“Can you imagine how huge I will be before this is all over?”
That was a loaded question.
“It’s twins Sweetie,  they have to grow,” he said in all seriousness.
He did good but good was not enough for Ari, size was an issue with her. She had never been fat for a good reason.  If she felt fat she stopped eating.  Of course, when she was pregnant with Amber she did all the right things and still had extra weight. She did understand it was the nature of growing a human inside your body.  That did not make it better when she was extremely body conscious.  So the comment did not appease her as it should have.   

    Ari looked up at Dean as he straddled her legs, he leaned down for a kiss before she could say anything.  His hand wandered to play between her legs, she moaned as she spread them wider.  Dean multitasked as he licked her lips before dipping his tongue into her mouth.  Her thoughts changed instantly to the feel of his lips and his magic fingers.  He pushed his thumb inside her slowly as she became wet.  She wanted more as she rocked against his hand. She licked her lips as she opened her eyes while he moved to push his erection inside her.  She sighed at the feel of him as he filled her up. Dean smiled.  He knew how to get her mind off her worries.  He kissed her neck as he plunged in to her time and time again.  
“Oh Dean.”
“Katarina,” he whispered against her skin as he peppered her body with kisses.
She smiled to herself.  She was Katarina, it was her real name and she had always loved the sound of it.  She bit her lip as she tried to keep up with his pace.  Her hands were in his hair as she pushed against his chest.  She had never been with a man that could heat her up so fast, make her want him to stay inside her forever, and give her so much ecstasy in such a small space of time.  If she had to confess to a priest she would have to say she was “horny” as often as Dean was.  The song If Loving You is Wrongcame to mind, but loving Dean wasn’t wrong it was very right.  She ran her fingernails over his back and Dean grinned as he kissed her stomach.  He loved the feel of her passion, the warmth of her body, the unconditional love she gave him.  He pushed away the next thought that dared to come to his mind while he loved on his woman, kill the bastard that’s after her.

    At the park, Sam and Jo followed Amber and Sammy Doo on the trail.  They all wore shorts and tank tops with an abundance of sunscreen, with lightweight jackets tied to their waists.  The summer sun often changed to afternoon coolness rapidly in the open air.  Jo and Sam talked as they walked.
“So what was the problem this morning when I came up?”
“No problem I was just ready to go,” Jo said with a smile that did not reach her eyes.
“I don’t believe you.”
“Well, I am sorry that is how it was,” she said a bit tartly.
“I think you were jealous again.  Ari was in her night clothes and we were leaving with,” Sam said as he pointed ahead at Amber and the puppy.
“No that isn’t true, that’s just wrong, Sam.  Hey I love that little girl too..”
“I’m not denying that.”
A minute later, she bit her lip before she told Sam maybe he was right but she hadn’t meant to be upset about it. Sam sighed.
“It’s okay.”
Sam was sad because he had thought Jo had made strides to get over Dean.  But, here she was ticked off that Ari and Dean were staying behind in bed, at least that was the gist of it.  The walk became quiet after that until Amber saw some flowers she wanted to pick for her mother.
“Um, Amber those may not be for picking,” Sam said.
“Why?” she asked as she looked up at him, the giant.
“Well, in places like this they have rules so everyone can enjoy the pretty flowers.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah, if you take them then no one else can look at them, they will be gone.”
“There’s more,” she pouted before Sam picked her up and Jo took the leash for the dog from her.
“But if everyone said that, there wouldn’t be any at all, that is the problem,” Sam said as he kissed and hugged her.
“Okay,” she nodded as he put her back down.
Jo smiled as she took the little girls hand before she gave Sam the dog’s leash.  Sam frowned as they walked ahead of him.  Am I impatient, or have I chosen unwisely?

    Early afternoon, while Ari worked on some charts in the study and Dean figured out the pattern for the cribs there was a knock on the door.  Despite him being in the garage, Dean didn’t see the car, a white El Camino, until after the person stood at the door with their back to him,
“Hey,” he said before he grinned as he realized it was Ash.
“Dean, Man, how the hell are you?”
“What are you doing here?”
“Jo was raving about the place thought I would check it out for my self.”
They looked up to see Ari at the door with a  smile.
“Hi,” she said to Ash as she opened the screen door.
“Ash, this is my fiancé, Ari,” Dean said with a big smile.
“I figured, nice to meet you,” he said as he shook her outstretched hand.
“You two, come on in,” she said as Dean came in behind Ash.
He put his arm around her as all three headed up.  Dean brushed his lips along her neck, just enough to tickle her skin.  She smiled up at him before she offered Ash a beer.
“Oh for sure, never turn down a cold beverage.”

    On the trail they met up with some other hikers and talked a bit, but nothing steady.  After lunch at an open area, they all felt like a nap but didn’t feel safe enough to do that all at once.  Sam volunteered to stay awake while the other two rested a bit.  They had come a long way and he knew the walk back would take a while but at least it had gotten cooler.  Amber rode Sam’s back as they headed back down the trail while Jo led Sammy Doo on the leash.  They were close to the area where they left the car when they heard a howling.  All day they had not run across any animals besides a few squirrels and mosquitoes.  Sam didn’t stop as he saw the vehicle up ahead and Jo followed close behind, they were both happy that Amber had fallen asleep and did not scream out.  They quietly got into the car and left the lot without seeing the wolf as it stood behind the tree near where they had parked.
 
    “So you are staying for a bit?” Dean asked Ash as he grabbed himself a brew from the frig.
“A couple days if there is room,” Ash said after a nice gulp of beer.
“Good we should catch up on what is going on out there,” Dean said as he straddled the kitchen chair.  
Ari sat down at the table with a glass of orange juice.
“So when are you due?” Ash asked.
“In the dead of winter, December,” she replied with a slight smile.
“Yeah, but its always winter here, right?”
Dean laughed.
“That is what I hear, kind of like Vancouver.”
Ash raised an eyebrow as he pursed his lips and shrugged.
“It’s twins,” Ari added with a grin.
“Whoa, two Winchesters at once?”
Dean couldn’t help but to smile.
“Lucky huh?”

    Late that night after everyone was in bed Sam went in the study to speak with Dean.
“Need more sex advice?” Dean asked without looking up.
Sam grinned.
“No, not this time.  I think I am done with sex for a while, but thanks.”
“Oh that’s too bad, maybe you were doing something wrong, if you are done with it,” Dean smirked.
“Dude enough with the sex talk, you are making me so uncomfortable.”
“Kind of like when I was enjoying the vibrating bed?”
“Way more than that.” Sam said as he cleared his throat.  
“So what’s up then?”
Sam told him about the howling in the park.  It was the first time he had heard a wolf in so many years that he believed was truly an animal.  Dean laughed.
“Yeah, our lives were weird man.”
“I know, I like having a place to call home.  I wasn’t sure how you would deal with in the beginning.”
“I know I like it too.  And not because its equipped with a nice warm woman in my bed,” Dean teased.
“No comment, I guess this was the time.  I don’t think it would have worked before now.  I mean Dad would not have wanted us in one place at all. I think this is working well for us.”
“Sometimes its going to be out of the way to come back to though, except it won’t matter with my situation.”
Sam watched Dean as he went back to typing on the keyboard.  He didn’t feel sorry for him, he envied him.  Dean had someone who had chosen him to love.  He had a future whether he was prepared or not only time would tell.  He was happy for his older brother.  “You okay?”
“Yeah I am, hey man, I just wanted to tell you in private congrats on the twins.  I know you don’t think you are ready but life is like that, man.  It cold cocks you when you least expect it.”
“So you are saying you “got my back”, right?”
Sam smiled as he left the study to go down to bed.  

    He noticed Jo’s room door cracked open a bit.  He hesitated.  The last time he walked in on her they had sex.  He stood in the hall for a second and felt someone touch his arm.  He turned to see it was Amber.  She had tears in her eyes.
“Something is at my window,” she said.
Sam took her to Ari then shouted for Dean at the door of the study.  They both rushed in quietly with rock salt guns.  They checked each crack and cranny but saw nothing. Dean went back out to the hall while Sam stood at the door, which was across from the window in the room.  He saw the tree moving, and wondered if it was a shadow she had seen.
Ari came out into the hall to see what was going on.
“Please go back in with Amber, Sweetie.”
She frowned at Dean but did what she was told.

 Dean followed him back into the room but the both stopped at the salt line.
“Dean I think something is outside in the tree.  Whatever it is can’t get across the lines.”
“Where?”
“Check the shadow up on the left.”
He finally saw its long witch looking claws.
“Shrtiga?”
“Looks like it, yeah, Amber can stay in with us.”
“I’ll get more salt, you can go ahead and go back to what you were doing,” Sam said.
“Okay Thanks, Dean said as he tried not to smile.  He knew Sam was trying to see what Jo was up to in the room.  He went in to speak with Ari, aware that bossing her around would earn him no points.
“I’m sorry,” he said from the door.
Amber smiled at him from the middle of the bed.
Ari grinned.
“It’s okay, I was in the way.”
He went to the bed to hug them both, before he checked the window in their room.  Every thing was snug, double lines around the room plus the amulets.  
“I’ll be back shortly.”
He shook his head as he went back to work, he almost crashed in to Ash who stood by the window.
“Hey man thought you were sleep on the sofa.”
“Yeah I heard some noise thought I would see if I could help.”
Dean told him the problem and how they planned on keeping it out as a solution for the mean time.  
“The only way to kill it is to do it while it tries to take the breath of life from someone.”
“So you need bait?”
Dean was distracted, he nodded absentmindedly.
Damn it, where was Sammy Doo?

TBC
Chapter 6 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
Shrtiga storyline is based on info I found online not on what happened in the show.  It seems they are usually undead woman, just so you know. 
Sam stood outside his room contemplating what he wanted to happen before he took a deep breath and reached for the knob.  He tapped on the open door and was surprise when Jo did not answer.  He shrugged before he looked inside to see she wasn’t in the room just before a high pitched scream could be heard outside.  Dean leaned up from the computer to listen for a second.  He stiffened before a chill traveled the length of his spine, something was wrong.
“Dean,” Sam yelled as he ran down the stairs and out the back door.
Dean got up to go see what was wrong and crashed into Ash again.
“What’s going on?  Sam ran outside,” Ash said.
He had gone to the kitchen to make coffee after he had spoken with Dean earlier.  The household seemed to be in turmoil since he arrived. Though Dean looked as though he had it all in hand.
“Okay stay with the girls,” Dean directed Ash who only nodded as Dean went in search of his brother.  
Ari heard the commotion outside the door before she got up to get the salt gun from the closet because she had a bad feeling.  Amber watched her mother with wide eyes.  Sammy Doo let out a yelp a second later.
“Mommy, Sammy Doo? I don’t want him to die,” Amber said as Ari laid the gun on the bed with them so she could pull her daughter onto her lap.
She moved the stray curls that had escaped from Amber’s braid behind her ear.
“He will be fine, Dean and Sam are taking care of him okay.”
Amber kept her eyes on her mother a she nodded before she lay her head on Ari’s chest.

    Sam burst out the door to see the Shrtiga had Jo on the ground.  The thing had its back to Sam.  Sammy Doo was barking near the porch. Dean came out of the door with a gun in his hand as Sam yelled Jo’s name.  The thing turned just after Dean threw Sam the gun so he shoot it in the heart.  When the Shrtiga fell it changed into an old woman, she looked like the witch in the sleeping beauty story.  Dean shook his head, now we have to get rid of the body.
“Hey is Jo okay?” Dean asked as he checked out the little shell shocked puppy.  
He picked up Sammy Doo to find that he was only frightened, the poor things heart rate was way to fast.  Dean sighed and considered he might need a vet.
“She looks good, I think she only fainted. She has a good heart rate,” Sam said.
“Okay Sam don’t feel her up while she is unconscious,” Dean said as he went in to take the puppy to Amber.
“Hey, I will ignore you snide remark but we need to get rid of granny witch here,” Sam said as he looked over his shoulder at his brother.
“I’ll be right back,” Dean said.

    Ari jumped when the knob turned, before Dean decided to knock.  
“Ari it’s me.”
She got up to open the door while Amber still watched her.  The little girl was really concerned about her puppy.  Her eyes lit up when Dean brought the dog over to her.
Sammy Doo licked her face and seemed to calm down as she hugged him.  Ari stood with Dean at the door.
“Is everything alright out there?  I kind of felt in the dark here.”
“Yeah things are fine know,” Dean said distracted as he looked pass Ari toward the window.
“I heard a shot.”
“It attacked Jo, but she is fine,” he replied as she lifted his chin to look in her eyes.
“What’s wrong?”
“I wish I could tell you, Sam is going to have to do some research.”
“Why?”
“We have a dead old woman in our back yard,” he said as he turned and walked away.
“Okay,” Ari said aloud to herself since there was no one in the spot where Dean had stood a moment before.  

    Jo  stood up against the back door outside as she spoke with Sam when Dean came back outside.  He left Ash inside to watch over Ari and Amber again.  He considered getting help from Chet but decided the fewer that knew about a dead body in their yard the better.  
“You okay?” he asked Jo.
She nodded, he assumed she was still shook up but in reality she was speechless.  He had not been real caring as of late.  It wasn’t as though he were ever mean but real compassion had disappeared between them after she slept with Sam.  She also knew it wasn’t his fault.  She sighed, she needed to go home for a while to get her head straight. She was crazy about Sam but parts of her where still wrapped up in the what ifs of life with with Dean; the parts of her that were insane she figured considering the facts of Dean’s life and situation.  He was about to be a father for heaven’s sake.

    Jo went back inside as Sam and Dean loaded the body into the back of the truck they used around town to take it to salt and burn on the edge of the property. Sam had covered it with old branches to burn in case someone approached them though burning was okay in their area.  Dean got in the passenger seat without a word.
“Man, you okay?”
“Yeah I’m good,” Dean said as he buckled his seat belt and avoided eye contact with Sam.
Sam knew what was wrong with his brother without him saying.  He was certain Dean was concerned about how he would protect his family.  He was going to be a father to twins and he had no idea how or why he and Ari had moved so fast.  Sam still envied Dean his situation though he could see how it was all too much for his brother.  For someone who had not had relationship experience it was going to be a struggle.  Dean’s way of shutting people out could cause problems with Ari. Sam planned to be there to help despite knowing that Dean would not ask for his assistance.  Dean was too proud for his own good often and it would not do in future months when midnight feedings, diaper changes, and stress got to him.  He only hoped that Dean would stay with Ari for the long haul, he wouldn’t want her to get hurt.  

    They were almost done with the burning when they saw headlights coming their way.  The place the had chosen was directly behind their back fence since they needed to avoid the horse stable so as not to startled them.  Dean shuffled the pile of ashes around in the wheel barrow to speed up the burn and gave a fake smile to the older man that got out of the truck that had approached them.
“Nice calm night for burning leaves,” the man said as he walked toward them.
“Yeah, its later than we planned hope we didn’t disturb you,” Sam said as he put his hand out to offer to the man.
“Oh no I was just coming back from the bar down the road, saw the fire.  I have wanted to meet the people who bought the old Wheeler place.”
Dean only smiled while Sam looked as though he and the old timer might want to sit a spell and chat.  
“I am Geoffrey,” the man said.
“Oh, I’m Sam and that’s my brother Dean.”
“Nice to meet you.”
Dean still said nothing he only put his hands in his pockets and wished they were already back at the house.
“Well we are done here,” Sam said as he put the tarp they had brought over the ashes and placed a couple of bricks over it.  

    “I don’t like it Sam,” Dean said when they got back in the truck.
“What?”
“That guy seeing us out here.”
“That is why I took the ashes, there is no evidence now that we were there.  The guy has to be eighty, no one would believe he saw us there if it ever becomes a big deal.”
“I guess.”
“Dean what is wrong with you tonight?”
“Just a lot on my mind.  Hey we have to find out who that was that died and why she was at the house.”
“I was thinking the same thing.  We checked the house history before we bought it and until know we have had no problems that did not come from the outside.”
Dean nodded.
“Do you think its odd that Ash showed up like he did?” Sam asked.
“I do, normally Ellen let’s us know when someone from her end is coming our way.”
“Unless she figured that we know Ash and it wouldn’t matter.”
Dean sighed.
“Maybe,.. I kind of want a do over from the time you guys came back,” Dean said with a grin.
“Had a good morning huh?”
Dean smirked.

    {Flashback}
After they made love the first time Dean got up to make Ari breakfast and brought it to the bedroom.  She grinned as he put the tray in front of her.
“That was sweet, is it the pregnant me you are trying to impress or……..”
He leaned over to kiss her, she pulled his head and caressed the sides of his face.  After ward he went back to get his coffee cup from the stove.  When he returned they shared the breakfast of waffles, sausages, eggs, toast and fruit.
“Okay that was a lot,” Ari said around the food in her mouth.  
Dean laughed as he waited for her to finish chewing before he handed her the juice.  She thanked him for the treat as he moved the tray to the bedside table.  Ari smiled as she leaned back to rub her tummy.
“I am so full.”
“Well I think you ate enough to feed all three of you,” he teased as he leaned down for another kiss.
She arched her eyebrow at him.
“No fat jokes, remember,” she teased.
“Again it was a fact.”
She put her arms around his neck.
“I can see my hormones are going to drive you bonkers.”
Dean held her close to him.  He didn’t mean to be crass, he wasn’t one to weigh his words.  He sighed.  What have we done?
“Dean I was joking with you, earlier the tears, that was real.”
“All I can say is I love you and I want this to work,” he said with a frown.
She bit her lip as she looked in his eyes.  He seemed serious and concerned.
“I know, I haven’t doubted that.”
    
    She straddled his body with her own as she looked down at him.  Her intentions had never included being pregnant, at least not any time in the first few months or years.  She kissed his nose as he caressed her cheeks.  
“Sam says things happen for a reason, do you believe that?” he asked.
“I do, I also know all of this is hard for you.  I have an idea what your life was like before me and I hope you don’t regret ….”
“No, I don’t,” he said as he pulled her face down for a new kiss.
This time it was leisurely as his hands roamed her back and hers his face.  He leaned up to push her on her back.
“How could I regret you?” he asked as he put his lips on her neck and she moaned.
 {End Flashback}

    When they arrived back at the house Sam went downstairs with a promise to do research before he went to bed.  Dean went in the room with hopes of moving Amber.  He opened the door to find all three in the bed; Ari, Amber and Sammy Doo.  He couldn’t help but to smile as he closed the door and went to the linen closet to grab a blanket so he could sleep on the sofa.  

    He had his feet up as he watched bad late night television when he heard someone behind him and found himself face to face with Jo.  She stood uncomfortable beside the sofa.
“Hey, um I am leaving in the morning for a bit.  Maybe a couple of weeks thought I would let someone know,” she said as she looked as though she might run if he actually said something in return.
“Why?”
“Just to recuperate from tonight and I need to think.”
“If that is what you want you are welcome back whenever you feel better,” he said with a slight smile.
Oh now he is nice since I am leaving.
“Thanks Dean,” she replied as she quickly retreated back to Sam’s room.

    Two hours later, Ari found Dean on the sofa. She was not certain if he had chosen it by choice or if he had felt there was not room for him in the bed.  She watched him for several minutes.  He lay on his side with his arm under his head, his long lashes kissed his freckled cheek.  She hesitated to disturb him but she took a chance to slide in beside him.  He smiled when he opened one eye to see who it was that had pressed their warm body to his.  He lay his arm over her to hold her to his chest as the both faced outward.  She smiled to her self as she listened to his heartbeat before she dozed off again.  

    The next morning Sam let Dean know that he had found the origins of the Shrtiga they had killed.  It was a woman who had been into witchcraft in Hustisford she had been hanged because of her beliefs and every thirteen years she returned to the area to attempt to suck the life out of a young child.  
“I checked the records and she had succeeded every time until now.  Dean she was after Amber,” Sam said sadly as watched Dean as he watched Amber play with the Sammy Doo outside with Ari.  
What have I done?  Am I helping them or hindering them? Dean thought.

***
Two Days Later,
    Dean finally got into the car after his usual ten minute goodbye to Ari.  Sam even saw a glint of longing in his brother eyes.  Sam understood that Dean wanted to get the son of a bitch that was after Ari but he was not certain how they were going to do it.  It wasn’t as though they could go to Chicago and have him put away. The pimping business was good money and usually funded by higher ups in the justice system, unfortunately.  He frowned as he noticed the look on Dean’s face had changed to determination.  His jaw was set and he was focused on the road.
“Dean we can’t just kill the guy,” Sam insisted.
“Why the hell not?”


TBC
Chapter 7 by EdenWrites
At the hotel that night, while Sam was on the laptop Dean went outside.  He leaned against the room door momentarily before he went to sit on the hood of the Impala.  He pulled out his cell to dial a number he had not dialed in quite a while.  He had been considering making the call for the last month.  Part of him was still hesitant to do it, it wasn’t as though he had to put in the call.  Those that knew him would have never expected it from him.  He just wasn’t that emotional, normally.  He looked at the phone in his hand as he sighed before he pushed in the numbers.

    The phone rang four times and he was going to hang up when it was answered.
“Hello?”
“Hi Cas.”
“Dean?”
“Yeah,” he said as he crossed his arm over his chest when the chill in the air accosted him.
“Um, what’s up, I got the impression we weren’t talking.”
“I never said that, but I am still with Ari.”
“Then why are you calling me?” she asked testily.
“I guess I still thought we were friends, but maybe I was wrong,” he said as he ran his hands through his hair. What am I doing?  He knew Cassie saw things in black and white or she would have been able to accept him easier for who he was.

    Cassie hesitated on the other end of the line. She bit her lip as she took the cordless to sit on the sofa.  
“Dean, I’m sorry, I do want to be friends.  I mean we weren’t good at it before but now I mean I know you don’t have that much family I….”
“Damn it, I didn’t call for your sympathy offering,” he said angrily as he got up off the Impala to pace in the parking lot.
He felt stupid, the conversation had not gone as he had hoped.  He was angry now and it ruined the whole reason for the call.  He had only wanted to tell her he was going to be a father.  They knew so few people he had not had the chance to tell anyone, damn it, he was happy about his life.  Why was he letting her get to him?
“Why did you call?” she asked.
“I..”
“What?”
“I wanted to tell you I am going to be a father,” he stated as though it was the most normal thing in the world.
“Really,” she asked with concern in her voice.
“Yeah, it seems us, Winchesters can reproduce.”
Cassie felt nervous all of sudden, she was quiet for a moment as she took in what he had told her.  Did she dare tell him her secret?  It would serve no purpose other than to make him hate her.  Her heart raced with fear and the adrenaline it produced.
“Cas?”
“Um, Dean, I need to tell you something.”

    Jo arrived back at the roadhouse about the same time that Dean and Sam checked into their hotel.  She had begun to drive back the day after she was attacked by the shrtiga.  There was just too much going on in her head to deal with Sam or Dean.  She also had mixed feelings about Ari’s babies.  Dean’s babiesshe thought. I must be a real bad person to have a grudge against someone’s unborn children, deep breath.  This too shall pass.  She was outside the roadhouse in the car when Ellen happened to see her through the window.  She pursed her lips as she watched her daughter, who seemed to be talking to herself.  Ellen sighed, she had been afraid that Jo’s trip to Wisconsin might end on a bad note, but she had not known it would be an emotional roll a coaster for her only child.  Jo sighed as she saw her mother at the window, but she only stared blankly in her direction.  Jo knew she loved Sam but had no idea how to get rid of the vision of her in Dean that still roamed through her head.  She needed to get a grip that was all there was to it.  She took a deep breath, opened her door and got out with a new resolve.  I can do this was her mantra as she opened the back door to grab her bag from the seat.
 
    Chet took off for a road trip of his own the day before Sam and Dean had gone away on their little vendetta that they had told Ari was a hunt.  Ari was relieved that Ash was going to stay around.  Not that she was afraid but she had gotten used to having guests.  She and Ash got along well, since both were computer buffs like Sam.  Ash also enjoyed Amber’s love of life and of course her puppy.  
“So Dean said that Shr..tiga was someone from the area and was drawn here because of Amber,” Ari said to Ash as he sat at the kitchen table to his laptop.    
“Yeah it looks like she has been around for quite a few years, she blew it when she chose the Winchester household,” Ash teased.
“That’s right, just bad timing, huh?  I am sorry it went after Jo though.”
Ash nodded.
“Sam said he was just in time the thing was all geared up to grab the breath of life from her, gives me the willies,” Ash said.
“I know it is creepy.”

    Dean wasn’t listening to Cassie he was too busy mentally patting himself on the back for having a chick flick moment, Sam would be proud.  He smirked before he realized Cassie had said something.
“What did you say?”
“If you are happy I am happy for you,” she said hesitantly.
“Yeah, Cas I am … I am sorry for what happened with us.  I mean I wanted you to know what was going on with me.”
“You know, its good to hear from you, I didn’t mean to make you angry earlier.”
She sighed as she watched her green-eyed baby girl sleep she knew she would never be able to tell him about his daughter.  She would raise her on her own, maybe find a new love some day.  She bit her lip, Dean was on another path all over again.  He had enough on his plate without her adding another child.  
“It’s good to talk to you; I hope you find someone.  I don’t think I have changed but I just have goals now, goals that involve a family,” he said as he leaned against the Impala again he crossed his legs one over the other.  
“Yeah, that’s always good.  I think you may have changed more than you think but it is a positive thing.”
That was when he heard it, the catch in her voice.
“Cas?”
“Uh huh?”
“You okay, I’m sorry did I wake you?  I should have called earlier.”
“No, no I’m good just thinking about your news.  You know it’s big and surprising,” she said as she added a laugh.
“Yeah, took me a month to get used to the idea of twins.”
“Wow, you do it right huh,” she said as she frowned down at her three and half year old who had begun to move around.
“I guess so.”
“Dean I should go, good luck with...everything.  Let me know when it happens if you want.”
“Sure….bye,” he said as he hung up.
He looked up to see Sam looking at him out the window, he shot him the finger and laughed.  Such a busy body his brother was getting to be.  Hadn’t Cassie said something else?  Guess not.

    Inside the room, Sam let Dean know he had found something on the pimp, Rex.  He didn’t think the guy would be to hard to find.
“He hangs out a place called Blue Angels, like we thought.”
“Good can we get this over with?” Dean asked as he laid down on the bed with his hands behind his head.
“Well can’t put out a hit if that is what you mean, and we cannot kill him. What do you have in mind?”
Dean leaned up to get his phone out of his jacket.
“Give me a second,” he said as he began to dial.
“Yeah, Andy, we found the scum, are you on the way?”
“Andy?”
“Yeah your buddy with the mind control gifts,” Dean said with a smile.
“You didn’t ?”
Dean put his finger up to indicate he was still talking.
“Okay so you are south of us about five hours?” Dean asked.
Sam watched Dean as he spoke with Andy a few more minutes he hung up.
“To answer you question, Oh, I did and Andy is all in for this.  He has been practicing and says this will be his greatest gift to me for my … children and Ari.”
“Dean.”
“No Sam you can’t talk me out of it.  It’s a sure thing, man, we won’t be anywhere around when the bastard does himself in.”
Sam didn’t like it but it wasn’t as the pimp was an innocent.  He did feel the tactic was a bit much even for them.  

    Dean had no second thoughts about his plan, he needed Ari to be safe and stress free.  He also wanted to get back to spend some time with Ash before he left.  He also realized Sam was skeptical about how things were going to happen, but it couldn’t be helped, They had no choice. It wasn’t as if they could reason with the man who had hurt Ari.  Then a small voice whispered in Dean’s ear, “What would Ari say?”  Dean shook his head, “she would say good job honey I love you for watching over me,” though she would never know why Rex had given her a divorce and disappeared never to be heard from again.

    Once Andy arrived they reviewed everything with him.  He looked at Rex’s mug shots so he could recognize him and practiced speaking the way Midwesterners do so he would not stand out.  Sam watched Andy and was glad his friend had come to help though he still was a bit queasy about what they had planned.  Dean was quiet as he sat on his bed across the room from the two of them.
“So Andy you really think you can do this?” Sam asked.
“Oh no problem from the guy’s rap sheet its surprising he is even alive today,” Andy said as he raised an eyebrow while he review the report on the laptop.
“I mean have you ever done anything like hurt someone?” Sam asked as he pressed his point.
“I see you are not sure of this Sam, but think of it this way, every decision you make is a risk.  I see this as a service for your family and think of others he has hurt.”
“Sam, leave it alone,” Dean said.
“Okay now that you spoke up think of the fact that maybe we could possibly give him choices and lead him on a better path?”
Dean shook his head, his brother was hopeless.  How had he not seen it?  he should have left him at home.  Maybe he could convince Sam to stay at the hotel when they went to the club the next night.  
“Dude he is a pimp, you know selling women’s bodies for money, taking what he wants from them we he feels like.  He is the lowest form of life,” Dean said with frustration in his voice.
“I know, I just wanted us to look at both sides.”
“Yeah Sam, pimps don’t go in for rehab so much,” Andy said with a small smile.
Sam shrugged.

    Ari was already asleep when Dean called her that night, part of him felt guilty because they basically lied to her about where they were going.  On the other hand, he did not want her to know so he ‘bit the bullet’ and decided not to confess to her.  
“Hey,” she said sleepily.
“Sorry it’s so late, I wanted to say good night.”
“Oh no, its fine.  I had hoped to hear from you then I fell asleep,” she said as she sat up to look at the bedside clock.  It was two in the morning.
“So how are things?’ he asked as he watched Andy and Sam across the room still playing on the computer though they insisted they were not looking at porn.
“Good, Ash is cool and Amber likes that he enjoys playing with Sammy Doo.  I miss you but we are fine.”
“I miss you too, we should be back in a couple of days.”
“So you are finding what you went to find and are going to be able to kill it?”
“Yep, things are going as planned,” Dean said.
“Well, the sooner you are home the better for me,” she said with a smile in her voice as she rubbed her stomach.
“I’m all for that.  Hey, I will let you go back to sleep and I will talk to you sometime tomorrow.”
“Okay, good night.”
“Night,” Dean said as he hung up to see Andy’s mouth wide open as he looked down at the computer moniter.  Sam looked as though he wasn’t sure of what he saw either.  Dean grinned.  Not porn huh?  Yeah right.

    Jo did not tell her mother the specific reasons she returned home for a bit. She only revealed to her that she wanted some time to think over some things.  Ellen had not grilled her only smiled as Jo went to her room.  Ellen considered phoning Sam to find out what had happened but decided against it.  Jo was a grown up and if she had issues she didn’t have to talk to her mother about them.  Ellen suspected it was an romantic problem considering the fact that she was well aware that Jo left the roadhouse with stars in her eyes for Dean.  Though recently Ellen had heard from Missouri that Jo now fancied herself in love with Sam.  No wonder she had come back home instead of heading out to go hunting.  

***

    The next night Dean and Sam dropped Andy off a block from the club before they drove further down the street to park and get out.  Andy was dressed nicely in clubbing clothes; a jacket with slacks and a collard shirt all in earth tones.  He walked up to the door to be waned and they let him in without a problem.
“I feel like a Dork,” Dean said as he looked down at his Navy blue Dockers and new brown leather shoes.
“Oh Ari will love that you have something besides jeans to wear now,” Sam teased as he looked in the mirror to adjust his shirt under his suit coat.
“I have other clothes, Dude,” Dean said as he fidgeted against his jacket.
“Let’s get this over with,” Sam said as they walked down the sidewalk toward the crowded club to get in line.  
The plan was to be back upfor Andy in case someone came along to trouble him as he looked for Rex and did his magic on him.  

    Once they were in line, Dean casually eyed the crowd around them.  The girls look barely old enough to be legal let alone dressed in “hootchie mama” clothes.  There was one woman about two people ahead of them that was classily dressed in a knee length burgundy silk dress.  The dress fit her like a second skin and Dean found himself gazing longingly at her curves.  Her hair was Auburn and swept up in a loose ponytail.  Sam looked over to track Dean’s glance.
“Dude, Ari, man,” Sam said as he hit his brother on the arm.
“Damn it, Sam I can still look.  Stop babysitting me.”
“Good choice of words,” Sam said just before their time to be waned came up.

    Inside Andy sat at a corner table as he attempted to scan the crowded room.  After he thoroughly eyed the bottom level he thought he might wait until he saw “the boys” before he headed up stairs to check it out.  He had just received his whiskey sour when he saw Dean and Sam take a seat at the bar.  He took a couple of slow sips of his drink and was about to go upstairs when a tall black haired woman with a pierced nose came up to ask him to dance.  Andy smiled at her but turned her down.  She only frowned as she walked away.
 
    Dean had his beer in hand when he turned around on the swivel chair to see Andy as he went up the stairs.  He tapped Sam on the arm to let him know what was going on, before he turned back to the bar he saw Rex walk in.  The man was at least as tall as Sam with longish Blonde hair, six pack abs, and walked with the grace of a gazelle.  Dean shook his head the man had most likely been a model at one time.  The woman flocked to Rex as he walked in.  For a minute, Dean was jealous, but he knew he had something better at home that waited for him.  When Rex joined the crowd in the middle of the dance floor Sam and Dean headed up to make sure that Andy had seen Rex.  

    Upstairs Dean got the royal treatment when he was suddenly surrounded by four women from ages he figured from sixteen to twenty-five.  They all seemed to want to dance with him.  He blushed and Sam rolled his eyes.
“We hoped you would come up here,” the youngest said.
“The dance floor is bigger,” said the one that looked twenty or so.
”More room for group dancing,” another said as she caressed his ass.
Dean cleared his throat and licked his lips while he removed her hand.  He thought the eldest lady might faint.  
“Um, I might dance in a bit but not now,” he said as he pretended to be sad about it.
“What about you?” the short pudgy one said to Sam who was trying hard to disappear.
He shook his head, “He and I have to talk, maybe later.”
“Well, we will be waiting,” the buxom redhead said as they all frowned and walked away to dance together.  

    Andy leaned over the edge of the upstairs open area to look below as he did he instructed Rex to kill himself.  He had been able to see the man alone as he walked to the downstairs rest rooms.  Now they just had to wait to make sure it happened.  Sam and Dean found Andy over at the bar a few minutes later downing his whiskey sour.
“It’s done,” was all he said just before they heard the sound of a gun shot.
Sam sighed before they all got up to go look over the railing.  Everyone in the bar seemed to stand still which was the opposite of what you would expect.  Then someone ran out of the men’s room.
“Someone phone an ambulance, a guy just blew his brains out.”
Then there was a collective gasp before the music came on again and the dancing began anew.

TBC
Chapter 8 by EdenWrites
Ari was surprised that Dean and Sam arrived back from their trip sooner than she had expected.  She kissed and hugged Dean when he walked in the door with the same cocky smirk she remembered from the first time she met him.  His swagger was a bit more pronounced than usual; the sight of his bowed legs in his slightly loose fitting jeans raised her temperature on a normal day.  This day her heart went into over drive. Arrogance on Dean was natural as breathing for him, she thought.  Though the man of few words she had met close to six months before had changed a bit over that time; his essence was still the heart of what she loved about him.  She never wanted him to be different but according to Sam, she had allowed Dean to blossom into a man with defined purpose.  She always liked pep talks from Sam.
“You okay?” Dean asked as Ari realized she was still in his arms.
“Oh yeah, I’m fine, good to have you back,” as she looked up at him with a smile.

    Ash and “the guys” finally had a chance to talk that night after dinner.  They gathered in the study to chat.  Ari understood that they wanted to be alone, to do that bonding thing men do, so she and Amber set up camp in Amber’s room to play Old Maid.  Sammy Doo sat quietly as she laid his head on Amber’s lap while she pretended to be the watch dog.

    “So I’m glad things finally calmed down a bit around here,” Ash said.
“Yeah we’re sorry we have been in and out after you came all this way to see us,” Sam said.
“No problem, life happens right?”
“Yeah something like that,” Dean said.
“Well I did bring good news.”
“Ready for some of that,” Sam said as he looked at his brother who was leaned against the computer desk instead of seated like he and Ash.
“Me too,” Dean said with a small smile.
“I found bullets for the colt.”
“No way,” Sam exclaimed.
Ash nodded, “Yes way.  Not only that I find the mold to make more.”
Dean shook his head, “No sh*t, man.  Oh don’t tease us about stuff like that.”
“I wouldn’t absolutely not.  I actually bought them off an old timer online.”
“Tell us you brought it,” Sam said.
“I did and I have them with me.”
Dean mumbled Christo under his breath as Ash raised his eyebrows at him with a smile.
“Dude, it’s me,” he said.
“Hey, always have to check when things sound too good to be true.”
Sam laughed.

    Ash explained to them that the guy who sold him the bullets and mold was at least eighty years old.  He previously owned the colt that Sam and Dean possessed but had lost it because he sold it at a pawn shop years before.  
“He never thought he wouldn’t be able to get the thing back, but time went on and he could never afford it.”
“Where did he get it to began with?” Dean asked.
“Someone in his family was good friends with the person who made it.”
“Colt?”
“The one and only,” Ash said.
Dean had shared the good news with his fiancé after they went in the room to get ready for bed that night and she was glad to hear it.  She knew how getting the Demon was important to them both.  Not just because of the past but the future of their children.  
“Oh that’s very good news,” she had said before she pulled him into the shower with her.  
For several long minutes he forgot about Chicago and the sound of the gunshot that had shattered the skull of an evil man.  Spirits and mortals, shades of grey.  Dean dreaded time alone with Ari on this night, she knew him too well.  The shower he could handle but a quiet room would be a challenge.  Sometimes he felt she could read his thoughts; most often it thrilled him that she knew him so well.  Then there were times like these.

    Dean watched Ari sleep that night with fear in his heart.  How could he have done the right thing and feel so bad about it?  He sighed he did not want to wake her, she needed her sleep as much as he needed peace of mind.  He closed his eyes for a second to gather his thoughts to open them to see her looking up at him.  She reached up to touch his cheek.  He smiled or tried to, but it didn’t reach his eyes.
“What’s wrong?” she asked softly, unthreateningly.
“Why do you ask? I love to watch you sleep.”
She bit her lip as she traced her finger across his lips.
“You have that lost little boy look I see in you some times,” she stated.
“Really? But I’m still cute, huh?”
She ran her fingers over the curve of his jaw but did not smile.  He traced the indention her nipple made in the fabric of her silk gown.  She knew right away he was going to try to get out of the discussion.
“You are ten kinds of handsome but you kow you can tell me anything, right?”
He looked her in the eyes. He saw only love, kindness, and acceptance, the same things she always offered him.  He sighed.

    “I called Cassie to tell her about the babies,” he said as he kept his eyes on hers.
“What did she say?”
“She seemed happy.  I just had no one else to tell, I know it was….”
Ari interrupted, “You have the right to tell whomever you please, and I wouldn’t deny you that even if it’s your ex.”
Dean had known that, he just hoped by confessing that one thing that Ari would move on to a new subject or let him pass on the sharing all together.
“She was surprised it was twins,” he said with a smile as his confidence reared its head.
“I’ll bet twins are not what she expected to hear come from you.”
“Sam is researching to see if we can find other twins in our family tree.  I guess it’s a good a time as any to maybe see about relatives.”

    Ari watched him, she knew Dean had lived many years on his wits and lies; she did not hold that against him though at times it was unnerving.  He had never lied to her as far as she knew but the pit of her stomach didn’t feel right.  It wasn’t the babies that concerned her but Dean’s attitude since he came back had been off to her.
 
    Then she felt a flutter under her skin.  She smiled up at Dean who had gone back to watching her silently.  She leaned up so she could be against the headboard.  
“What?”
“Put your hand here,” she said he moved up to sit beside her.
He placed his hand on the top of her stomach.  His eyes grew wide and his face lit up.
“That’s them?”
She nodded as she bit her lip.
“It’s not much but they are making themselves known,” she said with a smile.
“Amazing, how does it feel to you?” he asked like a kid in a candy store.
“Just like butterfly wings a light fluttering.”
He leaned over to kiss her.
“Thank you,” he said.
“Now about that other thing,” she said as he raised his eyebrows at her.

    Sam couldn’t sleep that night so he went into the downstairs study to sit at the computer.  Once it was booted up he sighed.  He really felt in no mood for porn, though he rarely did.  He had to admit though he had at times enjoyed it a bit, mostly because Dean insisted it had its merits though he would never tell his brother about those incidents.  He decided he would write Paris instead. He had heard from her only once since she left.

{Flashback}
    Paris phoned him when she got back to Michigan to tell him she was safe.
“Good to know.  I never expected you to leave the way you did,” he said.
“I know Sam, I’m sorry.  I do care about you I just cannot sit around waiting for you to return all the time. Besides, I think that girl Jo has a thing for you and she knows how to do the ghost hunting stuff.  I am not certain the little interest I have in your work is enough.”
“I liked you for other aspects not just because you seemed interested in my work,” Sam sighed.
“I get that but I need time to think too, I mean I just met you then I went a bit over board moving to be with you.  It’s not really my style.  To be honest I guess it was a kick for me to do something I had never done before.”
“Oh.”
“I am the eccentric one in the family but not usually the flighty one,” she said with a smile in her voice.
“I can imagine that,” he said with a laugh.
They had both been quiet after that.  There wasn’t much left to say.  Sam liked Paris but once she had gone he really had not missed as he thought he might.  It could have been because Jo was a diversion at the time.  
“I am glad that you made it back in one piece, I cannot say enough how sorry I am things didn’t work,” he added.
“Me too, I really thought there was hope for us.”
“Well, I am gone a lot and until that thing is dead my life will be this way.”
“I thought so,” she said with a sigh.
“It was nice meeting you, Sam.  I enjoyed our time together.”
“Same here, we can still email and talk, if that’s okay.”
“Sure,” she said before the goodbyes.
{End Flashback}
Sam wrote an email but it wasn’t very detailed.  He just let her know about the twins and how he looked forward to being an uncle despite their crazy lives.  After a few minutes he realized he really didn’t want to share his personal life with her since she hadn’t called.  He deleted the email and chose to look for a hunt it was something that made him feel fulfilled.  The closer they got to the Demon the more chance they could find and get rid of it.

    “What other thing?” Dean asked with his eyes full of innocence.
“Yeah, that look isn’t working.  I can tell when you are hiding something,” she said.
He moved from under the covers to straddle her legs so he was looking down into her face.
“What do you mean?” he asked this time it with only a half attempt at the innocent look.
“I mean that you have more to share… if you want,” she said as she put her hands on either side of his face.
He sighed audibly; I don’t like lying to her.
“We can get married now.”
“What did you do?” she asked as he looked down at her neck.
I should have gone for the seduction, he thought.
“I …only helped set a plan in motion.”
She shook her head and raised her eyebrows, the effect was a definite, and “I don’t get it” look.
“Andy insists that only a weak mind can be influenced by his suggestions,” he said as he moved her nightie up so he could gaze at her slim thighs and what lie between them. Ari tilted his head up to hers again.  She had hoped that Dean would be able to keep his promise to take care of Rex without getting himself thrown in jail.

“Rex is dead?"
Dean nodded.  She felt remorse at the thought that Rex had died.  It was an unwanted emotion, empathy.  The man was a psychopath pure and simple.  He hadn’t only taken their money he aimed to get their souls.  She had wanted to die so often at times, if not for Amber, she would not have lived to meet Dean.  She did not want to feel anything for the loss of Rex or those like him in the world.  
“Can you tell me what happened? And we can get married if you want,” she said with a smile.
After he relayed everything that happened Ari was quiet as she looked into his eyes.  He wasn’t certain how to take her lack of a reaction so he moved to get off of her but she stopped him.  
“Where are you going?” she asked as she pulled her nightgown over her head to drop it to the floor.
She pulled him closer with her hands on his back as he put his hands on her shoulders.  He leaned down to kiss her a bit roughly at first but she bit his lip as she raked her nails over his back.  He smiled as he moved from her lips to her neck where he nipped her soft flesh as a grin played on her face.  Her mind raced as her hormones began to respond to the news she had only just heard, which brought tears to her eyes.  Rex was dead.  Could she really celebrate that?  She felt evil and confused.   Dean tasted her tears as they rolled down her cheeks onto her neck.  He stopped to look in her eyes again.

“Ari, what’s wrong?”
“I’m sorry.  I want to say it’s just the twins but I think it’s the death.  Oh Dean, I hated Rex with an unbearable passion.  From the start it was full on hate, okay, don’t get me wrong on that.  I am so happy that that part of my life is dead with him.  I guess I just need time to get it in my head I am safe from him and the threat on my life.  Safe because you took a stand for me.”
He nodded as he moved beside her to hold her in his arms.
“Andy is the real hero in this, but thanks for being honest for being sensitive to all this.  I almost wish I felt sadder about it.”
One Bastard down and one to go, Dean thought.

    That next evening Ari and Dean went on one of their first dates since their arrival in Wisconsin.  Sam and Ash stayed home to watch Amber why they went off to Milwaukee for a movie.  Dean’s mood was festive.  He seemed ready to take his role as a father seriously and they spoke of an actual wedding.
“I don’t think a wedding is necessary,” Ari said as they drove to the theatre.
“Well I admit I do not want to draw attention to ourselves, but we can go to the courthouse with some witnesses, right?”
“Absolutely, now I am a widow.  That just sounds weird,” she said.
“Only because you were never married as far as emotions go.”
“Well this marriage at least I know the groom loves me and I love him.”
Dean smiled as he turned into the parking lot for their movie.
 
    They had decided to attend an old movie at the Times Theatre, it was a place where they only showed that type of film.  The movie of the night was Glass Bottom Boat with Doris Day.
“You must really love me,” Ari said as she saw the marquee.
“Why?”
“In a million years I could not imagine you seeing this movie,” she said as they walked hand and hand down the sidewalk.
“Blame it on Sam, he said it was an old chick flick with possibly some singing, he wasn’t quite clear on that.”
Ari beamed at Dean, she had really gotten lucky with him.  She stopped walking before they got to the door.
“Dean we can see something else I mean you should enjoy it too.”
“Yeah?”
He saw the hope in her eyes and knew he could endure it for her.
“I don’t mind seeing an action flick,” she said as she tried to drag him back to the car.
“We can see one next time, tonight I will just watch you while you watch the movie.”
“Okay if you insist,” she said as they finally walked into the door of the theatre.

***
    It was late one night, two weeks later when Ari had her first real unannounced visitor.  Sam and Dean had left a couple of days before to go to Nevada on a hunt.  Dean had given her instructions that addressed the situation perfectly, if you feel uncomfortable about who is on the other side of the door, do not answer.  She heard knocking at the back door but she waited.  In her pregnant state she feared it would make her a target on a dark night.  The next sound was a light tap on the other side of her bedroom door, she jumped.  
“Mommy,” Amber said.
Ari got up to let her in.
“Yes, Munchkin.”
“I heard noise at the door.”
“Okay come in here with me,” she said as she pulled the little girl in with her.
She phoned Chet downstairs to tell him to look out the window to see if he recognized the car.  He agreed and she waited on the line.  

    It seemed forever before he came back.
“Um it’s a tall blonde fellow, he seems to be a little drunk.”
“What?”
“Yeah he is falling over his feet out there.  What do you want me to do?”
“Chet can you see his vehicle?”
“Oh yeah, it is a truck, one of those big ones.”
“Well okay, thanks Chet, I will go down to talk to him.”
“Fine, I will meet you at the back door give me a minute to get pants.  Dean would shoot me if he knew you were talking to a stranger late at night alone,” he said.
“No problem, and you are right,”
Ari looked over at Amber who stared at her from the middle of her bed.
“I’ll be back in a minute you stay put.”
“Yes Mommy,” she said as Sammy Doo loped into the room looking for his pal.
Ari reached down to pick up the pup to put on the bed with Amber before she put her heavy robe on.  If it was who she thought it would deter him and keep her covered against his gaze.  Ari confessed the robe was the ugliest she had  seen despite its terry cloth softness.  She shrugged as she found she had looked in the mirror to check her hair.

    Chet beat her to the door and stood on the inside of the screen as he talked to the man he did not know.  Ari shook her head as she saw who stood outside with remorse on his face.  It was the one man who should have been far away from her.
“Milton, you can’t be here,” she insisted.
“But Ari I can’t get you out of my mind,” he slurred.
“I love Dean, you have to stop this.  It’s not helping you, go home.”
She shook her head, Dean was going to beat the guy to a pulp.  She had no doubt after what happened with Rex.  
“Go to your home, that is the safest place for you,” she said as Chet looked curiously at her before she shut the back door and left Milton standing dejected on the other side.  

Mary Winchester watched Ari as Ari closed the door on Milton, she was even more certain that Dean had met his match.  Ari was faithful and tried to do the right thing, Mary admired her for that.  She shook her head with a frown as she watched the grim faced young man get into his vehicle and drive away.  She really hoped Milton had gotten the idea, with Dean’s temper and desire to look after his family things could get nasty. Maybe there is something I can do to help, she thought.

TBC
Chapter 9 by EdenWrites
It was a month after the guys left for more hunting when they returned.  Ari was down stairs showing a couple of hunters the place.  They reminded her of Dean and Sam a bit.  Both were handsome and rugged; one taller than the other one.  They did make her a bit uncomfortable with their staring.   Amber held her by the hand as they stood in the kitchen to explain how the meals worked.
“We are stocked with the basics except meat.  We don’t have many who stay more than a couple of days and actually most people come to research and leave the next day,” she said with a smile as she looked up to see Sam walk in the room.  
Amber saw him too and grinned.
“Oh that’s fine we will only be here a couple days,” said Chad the taller one as he raked his hand through his black straight hair.
“Hey,” Sam said as Ari turned to see him with a smile and an audible sigh of relief.
Since she began to get larger, she had begun to feel more like a target when they had visitors.  She had no plans of telling Dean because he had his job and she had hers.  She would suck it up, though she was glad to see them.

    “Sammy,” Amber said as she tugged her hand from her mother’s to go into his outstretched arms.
Sam smiled as he held Amber close for a hug.
“Guys this is Sam and his brother Dean,” she said as Dean walked in the room with a frown on his handsome face.  He didn’t seem happy and looked tired to Ari who was concerned that he might be hurt.  He had a slight limp as he eyed her with an unrecognizable look on his face.  What did I do? She wondered to herself.
“Ari can we talk upstairs?” was all he said before he left with the assumption she would follow.
“Um excuse me, Sam can you tell them the rest.  We only just came down and the kitchen is all they know.”
“Sure,” he said.

    Dean stood in the kitchen upstairs when she found him.  He smiled as he turned to pull her into his arms.
“Thought I was in trouble,” she said as he bent down to kiss her.
“You are, just for looking so scrumptious,” he said after the kiss.
He backed away a bit after a second to look her over, before he reached to touch her baby bump.  The babies kicked and his face became one big smile.
“I’m not doing any more long hunting trips, only what I can find local.”
“Why?”
“I need to watch those babies grow too.  I don’t want to miss it,” he said as he reached to push a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
“Okay,” she said hesitantly.
“You don’t sound happy,” he said with raised eyebrow.
“No, I am, I wanted you to be here but it’s not you.  You aren’t that way…”
“What? I thought you would be excited.”
“Dean, I just…”

    “Hey Dean,” Jo said as she interrupted their conversation.
“Hey Jo,” he said as he walked away from Ari to go to the room.
Ari turned to face Jo with anger in her face.
“I’m sorry but I know you saw we were talking, why couldn’t you have waited to say, what, hi?”
Jo shrugged her shoulders before Ari grabbed her by them.
“If you are going to be here then you need to act as part of the team.  That means to think of others not just yourself,” Ari said as she went into the room with Dean and shut the door.  

    The visiting hunters didn’t impress Sam but they seemed okay.  He found out they were new at hunting. Their parents had been killed a few months before by something in their home.  They were only sixteen and eighteen.  They had found out about spirits mostly from the library.  The town they were from was just south of Milwaukee and someone they knew had spoken with Chet at a bar in Milwaukee not long ago.  
“Ben, our friend, said that Chet was a bit tipsy when they first met, but when he spoke with him again he told Ben that spirits were real and what happened at our home had all the signs of being a poltergeist.”
The older young man was Barry and the younger one was Chad.  Sam hoped they would listen to his advice to go back home and try to move on.

    When Ari came in the room, Dean sat on the bed as he undid his boots. She watched for a moment as she gathered her thoughts.
“I want a do over,” she said with her arms crossed over her chest and her lips pushed out like a little girl.  He looked up at her then quirked his eyebrow at her as he took off his clothes before he attempted to walk by her to the shower.  She stopped him with a hand on his arm.
“That was a one time conversation, you will just have to get used to having me around,” he said as he winked at her.
She smiled as she bit her lip before she followed him.

    After showing the guys around the area, he sat down at the kitchen table with them. Amber stood beside him as she smiled shyly at the new comers.
“If I could give you any advice it would be to go back home and try hard to get pass your parents death.  Find a relative or friends to take you in if at all possible,” Sam said with heaviness in his heart.  He really did not want the young men to go through what he and Dean had.  Knowing about what went bump in the night wasn’t for everyone.
“Why do you say that?  We need to know why this happened to us,” Barry said a bit desperately.
“Well my brother and I have lived the life of trying to fight off the demons and evil in this world because of what happened to our mother over twenty years ago.  It is not a life for anyone.  I do not regret trying to help others not have to go through death and suffering at the hands of what most call “the dark side” but if I had a chance, to do it all again I would have stayed out of it,” Sam said.
Then he told him his sad tale of the night his mother died.  

    Mary Winchester tried not to cry as she listened, across the room, to Sam talk of what he knew of his mother and how his father had dragged them all over in his search for revenge.  She groaned inwardly as she fought the tears that threatened her even in her spiritual state.  Why had John done this to them?  She had done her part over the years as she tried to protect her babies and she knew John had no idea about it.  She sighed as Sam finished his story and saw how the young men wiped their eyes as they looked exasperated at the person who told them his story.  The story that included the death of his true love and the death of his innocence.  Well, she could do anything about the past but she had some ideas about how to get Milton out of their lives.  She listened to Sam a few more moments before she left the house.

    Ari and Dean lie on the bed after the shower.  She looked down at him from her position, straddled over his stomach.  He smiled up as he pulled her down for a kiss as she leaned on her elbows to balance herself.  Her heart was in her throat, she always missed him so much it hurt.  Her hormones were all over the place but she didn’t want to cry she wanted to be close to him.  He moved his lips from hers to her neck as she leaned up for him to caress her back and her breasts.  He traced them lightly with his calloused hands, the hands that she adored on her body.  She sighed as the babies kicked, before Dean indicated for her to move up but she hesitated.  With her additional weight, she was afraid of suffocating him and she mentioned it.  He only smiled at her concern as she opened her legs over his face.  With her hands on the headboard, she sighed as he began to push his tongue inside her body.  He licked and sucked until her knees barely held her as she trembled from his ministrations.  He seemed to enjoy himself as he brought her toward the edge, but he stopped just short.  

    “So tasty,” he said as she moved to her original position except this time she was dripping wet and needed to feel him inside her something awful.  Once that was accomplished, she rode him as he grinned up at her.  Her flushed body was ready to explode from the pleasure she experienced.  
“Oh, Dean, more please,” she said.
“This is for you Baby, let it happen,” he encouraged.
He pushed up to meet her on every down stroke as he got close himself, he made an effort not to come before her because he loved to be in control long enough to see her face at her moment of climax.  When it happened he wasn’t disappointed, she bit her lip as she closed her eyes with relief as the waves over took her.  Dean was close behind her as he released his seed into her.  He knew without a doubt he didn’t want to be anywhere else in the world.

    Dean couldn’t get enough of the sight of her as she leaned on her elbow and looked up at him.
“So you missed me?” she asked as she traced his lips with her finger.
“How could you doubt it?”
She bit her lip as he ran his finger over her stomach.  The babies inside her seemed to jump up to be near his touch.  She could understand it she loved to touch him too.
“About earlier, I was just surprised and I don’t want you to get bored.  You have to admit your life has not been stationary so many years it may not turn out the way you hoped being so close to your home base.”
“Change is good for the soul,” he said as his wise eyes searched hers.
“Oh getting to be a smarty pans on me now?  I don’t know about the soul but it will be nice for me.”
“It’s not just about the babies, I promise.   I want to enjoy what we have created in this little stop for hunters too.”
“And?”
“Well there is the matter of you too,” he smiled.

    The two visitors joined them for dinner that night; Jo was nice to everyone though Ari was still a bit tense around her.  She had shown up without a word in advance, just after the newcomers’ only moments before Dean and Sam.  It wasn’t as though she wasn’t welcome but Ari felt there were ways to do things that involved courtesy.  For weeks, she had cleaned and prepared the attic for Jo’s return.  Chet had helped Ari by doing the heavy lifting and she appreciated his presence when the days had turned to weeks.  She also made sure the other room they had used for storage was ready for unexpected guests, though it was small and held only a twin bed, dresser, small armoire and one bedside table. Ari felt it was time that Sam had his room for keeps instead of sharing with all the people coming through on a regular basis.  

    When everyone else had gone off to bed Dean gathered Jo and Ari in the living room for them to have it out.  He knew they were angry and he refused to let Ari stress when he believed he could help her and Jo get over their issues.
“Ladies,” he said as they both looked at him with their lips pursed together.
“Yes?” Ari said.
“What’s up, Dean,” Jo said.
“You two need to talk and you are not leaving this room until you do,” he insisted before he walked out.
“What the hell?” Jo asked as she looked at Ari, who only leaned back on the sofa and picked up the remote.  
She was in full “I don’t want to talk to you” mode.      

    Dean stood outside in the hall and flinched when he heard the television come on.  He thought about going in to cut it off but decided against it.  Sam came up behind him out of his room and looked curiously at him.
“What are you doing?”
Dean explained and Sam held back a laugh.
“So you looking to hear a cat fight?”
Dean shook his head but smiled nonetheless.
“They might both come out here and kick your ass,” Sam said as he went to his room and shut the door.
Dean wasn’t worried. He knew the girls needed to settle their differences so they all could have peace, at least for a while until the babies came.

    Jo stood in the middle of the living room as she watched Ari pretend to watch television.
“You know he isn’t letting us out til we talk.”
Ari shrugged. She knew she was being childish but she felt Jo owed her an apology.
Jo sighed, “Look about earlier, I should have waited.  You were right.”
Ari looked at her with a frown before she turned off the television set.
“Okay, now I have a question.”
“Shoot,” Jo said as she finally sat down in a chair near the sofa.
“You have no more plans for you and Dean, right?”
“No, absolutely not.”
Ari raised her eyebrow.
“A month ago you weren’t so certain.”
Jo explained how she had taken time to reconsider her ideas.  She had liked Dean at one point and even when he had given her no reason to hold on she had.  She confessed she had been childish, inconsiderate and plain stupid in her behavior.
“None of it was real.  I mean he made a couple comments about us sleeping together when we first met and I took them to be something they weren’t.”
“You mean it?”
She nodded.  Ari told Jo that she had wanted to like her from the start but after she found out how much she liked Dean it was hard to get over that hump.  Jo seemed to understand that Ari wanted to make a new start with her.
“Ari I do like Sam and awful lot.”
“Jo be careful with that one, he has been through a lot, you know,” Ari suggested as they both got up to leave the room.

    Dean smiled when he saw them.  
“Everything okay now?”
“Peachy,” Jo said as she winked at Ari as she headed up to her room.
“Really?”
“You did good, Sweetie.  Sorry we were both acting hormonal.”
“Well you have a couple of reasons,” he said as he pulled her into his arms.

****
Cassie’s mother wasn’t happy with her daughter for not having the guts to tell Dean about his daughter, Megan.  Mrs. Robinson watched her granddaughter as she slept on the sofa while Cassie was a work. The little girl was the spitting image of her father.  She had Dean’s eyes and blondish curls that had to drive Cassie insane since they reminded her of Dean constantly.   Mrs. Robinson contemplated calling Dean herself or maybe she could write him a letter, she thought.  She knew she would do neither because it was not her business.  Cassie was a grown woman and if she thought that Dean would not appreciate the news any time soon she should respect that.  On the other hand, she believed a child should have access to both parents if at all humanly possible


TBC
Chapter 10 by EdenWrites

Mary Winchester visited Milton after he arrived back home from his drunken drive to see Ari. Once he was in the shower, she started her work. Being an earth bound spirit had its benefits. She was stuck until her death was revenged. She did her writing on the mirror and stood back to see how Milton would take her creativity. After the room cleared of steam, he looked at himself in the mirror and saw her as she stood behind him. He turned around with fear in his eyes but saw no one. When he checked his reflection, again he noticed the words. Leave Ari alone. Milton thought he might faint as he wiped away the writing with his hand only to see Mary in the mirror one last time before she faded away. My first haunting, not too bad, hope he gets the hint,she thought.

****
After Jo came back to the house, she and Sam started over. This time they moved slowly because they began as friends. Ari could tell they enjoyed one another’s company from the start but now she noticed the subtle differences this time around. Friendship with a progressive goal was notoriously interesting to see. It was almost like two price fighters circling, sizing up one another and while the attempted to read the other person; Ari watched them both like a mother hen. Sam seemed to always have his eyes on Jo when she wasn’t looking and the same with Jo. She still worried for Sam he seemed like such a sensitive soul. She was lost in thought and didn’t hear Amber and Dean when they walked up behind her.
“Boo,” they both said before she jumped and turn to look at them both with a grin.
They smiled up at her before they broke out in to laughter.
“What are you two, up to?”
“Just getting ready to take Sammy Doo for a walk, want to go?” Dean asked as he brushed the hair out of her eyes while she shook her head at them.
“Yeah, give me a minute to grab my sneakers,” she said.
Dean nodded as he motioned for Amber to sit at the kitchen table so he could tie her shoes.

“So when do I get my new brother and when do you get yours?” Amber asked as she watched Dean.
“Well, they are both your little brothers and it will be in a few months,” he said as he finished the tying with a flourish of the hand.
“Oh, Mom said you got one too,” she said as she scrunched her nose up.
“Munchkin, I will be dad to them both.”
“Oh, so you are married?”
“Almost,” Dean said as Ari came in the room.
Amber was smart beyond her years. He had hoped that Ari had already talked to her daughter about that situation but the way Ari’s eyebrows shot up when she heard the last part of the conversation he knew that had not happened. They would need to discuss the marriage very soon. He and Ari hoped to get the ceremony done on a weekend before their babies were born. However, for all purposes they were already married.

Sam came in before they walked out the back door.
“Taking a walk?”
“Yeah,” Ari said with a smile.
Jo came in the door next with her hair disheveled around her head.
“Looks like it might rain, do you want us to take her?” she asked.
“No, we won’t go far just stretch our legs, we should be fine,” Dean answered.
Ari grabbed an umbrella, before they went outside with the hope they wouldn’t need it.

Jo and Sam stood in the kitchen alone a second later. The tension was thick as Jo went to the sink to grab a plate to microwave popcorn on. She wasn’t sure how long they could go slow, and how slow was the plan anyway, she wondered. They had decided to watch an afternoon movie because of the impending weather situation. Sam grabbed the box from the cabinet to open it for her and she took it without a word. He watched as she readied it for the microwave oven just before the sound of thunder could be heard.
“I hope they don’t get stuck in a down pour,” Jo said absently.
“Me too, it wouldn’t do for Ari to get sick in her condition,” Sam replied as he went to the window and saw that it had gotten darker in the few minutes they had been inside. To keep his worry in check he left the kitchen to get the DVD player prepared and find the movie. For some reason, Jo wanted to watch Aliens but he didn’t mind, mostly he needed something to keep his mind focused away from kissing her.

They had only left the driveway when the rain began, just a slight drizzle. Ari immediately wished she had brought a raincoat for Amber who seemed to take the wetness in stride. They were all healthy and figured a bit of rain shouldn’t deter them. Unfortunately, it wasn’t them that was in danger. They had just hit the paving on the road when a lightning bolt hit a large tree near the barn. They all watched as the tree fell onto the barn splitting it in half, nothing else was damaged. Dean sighed at least the Impala was fine and they were good. Luckily, the little fire that came from the incident was limited to the tree trunk and the rain put it out easily. They walked only around a half mile before they decided they were wet enough. Amber enjoyed the chance to play with her puppy in the rain. Sammy Doo kept shaking himself, which drove Amber into fits of laughter. Dean and Ari could only smile at the small child and her pet; they had so much fun.

As soon as they were back inside Ari took Amber to be dried off while Dean took care of the puppy’s wet paws before he brought him in door. The house was quiet except for the sounds of the water running in the hall bath. Dean put Sammy Doo in Amber’s room before he went in search of Jo and Sam. He found them in the den in front of the television.
“Is that wise in a thunderstorm?” he teased.
“You tell me, you were walking in it,” Sam said with a smile as he sat near Jo on the sofa.
Dean thought they looked comfortable so he left them alone.

Later that evening, Sam called Dean into the study to talk. Dean sat down in front of the desk with his legs crossed.
“What’s up?”
“I found some relatives,” Sam said.
“Yeah, who?”
Sam looked down at his notes for a few minutes without saying anything.
“Sam?”
“Dean looks like Mom had another kid before she had me.”
“What?”
“Did it die? Was it a girl or boy? What? Come on Francis quicker with the info.”
Dean got up and went around the computer to see what Sam was reading.
“Um, I don’t know. It gives a birth date two years before me in 1981 but there is no death certificate in that name.”
“You checked neighboring states? Maybe she died when we were out of town or something.”
“I did.”
Dean sighed.
“Anything else?”
“Well Dean…”
“We have relatives all over the place; I mean ones I can trace to our parents.”
“But why didn’t they come for us? Dad said we stayed around a few weeks.”
“It looks like Mom was a runaway.”
“So they didn’t know where she was or that we existed?”
Sam nodded sadly. He watched Dean’s face drop. All those years they had no connections, but what about their father’s family?”
“Dean I … think Dad’s plan for revenge just didn’t include family. I mean he has a brother and two sisters.”
Dean got up and left the room. He wanted to hit something, he felt more alone then he ever had. Sam watched Dean leave with a heavy heart, how could their father do this to them?

He walked into the bedroom to see it was full again. Amber was in the bed with Ari and Sammy Doo lie on the end as he kept watch.
“Can I join in?”
“Of course, just scuch in,” Ari said with a smile.
Amber had her head on Ari stomach as she stroked the material of her mother’s nightgown. Dean lay fully clothed on top of the covers as he watched the mother and daughter. Amber grinned as she watched Ari’s stomach move. She would touch the spot where the babies moved them move her hand to her mouth with awe in her face. Maybe this is all the family I need,he thought. But was it too late to locate all their missing relatives? Would they understand about the life they had led? Maybe their Dad had kept them away because of what happened. But what if someone in the family had a lead on the demon? That was a reason to talk to them; they could get a feel from them about how open they were to the supernatural stuff. He wanted to try, maybe because he had begun to realize how important it was to know your kin. All the time he had been led to believe he had only his father and Sam in the world had been a lie. Not that he would give up the time they had together for anything.
***

Cassie watched Megan sleep as she thought of her mother’s words. You need to tell Dean, he deserves to know. Cassie watched Megan sleep as she considered how she would tell Dean about his daughter. When he had come to her aid after her father died. She and her mother had sent Megan away because of all the mystery that concerned the death. While Dean investigated her father’s murder Cassie had decided to not tell Dean about his child. At that time, she could still feel the restlessness in him and it frightened her. She now knew that had been a mistake to put off telling him. After hearing how happy he was about Ari having twins she realized she had underestimated the only man she had every loved, wholeheartedly. She sighed as Megan moved her head in her lap. She needed to get her little girl to bed. She had only wanted to hold her baby one last time before she took the step to do what she should have done more than four years before.

A week later, Ari was surprised that Dean received a letter in the mail. She looked at it curiously, as she noted the Missouri stamp. There also wasn't a surname beside Dean’s first name on the envelope. She shook her head as she grabbed the advertisement from the box before she waved at the mail carrier who seemed to be staring at her as he put mail in the box down the road. She smiled to herself as she noticed it was Sam who the mailman was looking at as Sam got into the truck with Jo.
“Anything interesting?” Sam asked as he backed out of the driveway before he stopped beside her.
Jo waved at Ari with a grin from the passenger seat.
“Hey.” She said.
She smiled at them both.
“Um, a letter for Dean.”
“Oh,” Sam said with a slight frown.
“Well he is up in the office,” Jo volunteered before they smiled before they drove away.
Ari waved as she went inside the house.

Amber was at a neighbors playing so they were alone in the house. She found Dean at the desk and he smiled at her before looking back at the computer as she came into the room with the mail in her hand.
“Dean.”
“Yeah?” he said as he looked up again.
“You got mail.”
She told him that the letter had no return address but had a Missouri postmark.
He shrugged.
“Probably a congratulations note from Cassie,” he said unconcerned, though he wondered how she had gotten his address.
“Oh.”
He looked up, “But I didn’t give her the address maybe Sam did it seems they talked a while back.”

“Could be,” Ari said as she set the envelope on the desk.
Dean handed it back to her.
“You can open it,” he grinned.
They were both excited about their impending parenthood but had few to share the news with he figured he would let Ari have the thrill.
“Okay,” she said with a smile before she did as she asked.

A picture fell out as she opened the card. It landed on the desk but Dean was not paying attention as he continued his research to find a local hunt for himself.
“Um, Dean,” Ari said as she noticed the picture.
Her heart clenched tight in her chest as she rested her hand on her stomach. She had a feeling, an uneasy feeling in her stomach. She took a deep breath. The babies kicked and she relaxed.
“Yeah?” he said as he looked at her again.
“The note says the picture is of your daughter, Megan,” she informed him as she arched her eyebrow and pursed her lips.
“What?”
Ari handed him the note card, after he glanced at the picture.

Dear Dean,
I know you will be angry with me and you have every reason to be. The little girl in the picture is our little girl. I had her nine months after you left Ohio. She is sweet, smart and as you can see the spitting image of you. I am so sorry I never told you. I tried when you called about your news but chickened out. Please try not to hate me; I didn’t know what to do. You were on the road and had your mission. I didn’t want you to feel obligated to be something I felt you really had no desire to be. I am not blaming you; it’s my fault you didn’t know. I sincerely regret that I allowed our baby no access to her father. I’ll understand if you want nothing to do with us. Again, I know I was foolish. I hope someday you will find it in you heart to meet her and forgive me.
It was signed: Sincerely, Cassie
Dean read the note twice before he looked at the picture again. The little girl in the photo had his eyes, a sprinkling of freckles across her tan nose, which was all Cassie, and dark blonde wavy hair. In the picture, she had no front teeth and had a huge grin on her slightly pudgy cheeks. Dean fell in love right away.

Ari watched him quietly as he took in the sight of his child he had not known about until ten minutes before. There was nothing but love in his face, Ari noted. She felt sorry for Cassie because Dean was going to be pissed off with her for withholding his child from him.

“You okay?”
“Yeah I’m fine,” he said as he closed himself off from the woman who loved him.
“Hey, I’ll give you some time alone,” Ari said as she turned to leave.
“I’m fine,” he said as he stopped her with his voice
“I can tell this is a shock to you its okay to get emotional,” she said as she turned to him half way to the door.
“Not emo, hungry, I feel like a couple of hot dogs would satisfy me,” he said as he looked solemnly at her.
Ari frowned; she knew he would need time to consider more change in his life.
“Coming right up,” she said as she finally left the study.
As soon as she shut the door Dean, sat the picture on the computer keypad. Megan, huh? Megan Denise Robinson. He sighed as he held back the tears that threatened to fall.

Sam was restless as he waited for Jo in the truck. He had come outside when Jo decided she needed female items. He fiddled with his cell a moment before he dialed Cassie.
“Hey,” he said.
“Did he get it?” she asked.
“I think so, I was leaving when the mail came and Ari mentioned there was letter for him.”
Sam looked up to see Jo as she walked toward the car.
“He is going to kill us both,” Cassie said.
“I know,” Sam said as he frowned.
“I’m sorry for dragging you into this.”
“Don’t worry he can’t undo the fact that I am his brother, I have to go, Cassie, talk soon,” Sam said as he put the phone away as Jo got in the truck.


TBC
Chapter 11 by EdenWrites
Sam was in a daze on the way back to the house. He sighed as he remembered his first conversation with Cassie after she told him about Megan.
{Flashback-almost a year before}
“Sam you can’t tell Dean, I promise I will do it, I just need more time.”
“Cassie you have had three years, then you told me and I am like an… accessory now,” he looked out the motel room to make sure Dean was still at the bar.
“I know, I’m just scared, I have waited so long maybe I should just forget it.”
“No, if you aren’t going to tell him then I will,” Sam said frustrated as he ran his hands through his longish her.
“You’re right I need to suck it up…”
”Sh*t, I have to go Dean is coming,” Sam said as he closed his phone as Dean opened the room door.
“Oh you still up?” Dean asked as he stumbled over Sam’s shoe in the floor.
“I was watching some television.”
Dean eyed the silent television screen but noticed the laptop was open on the table.
“Television or porn, whatever helps you through the night,” Dean teased as he went into the bathroom.
Sam rolled his eyes with a heavy sigh, his under arms where so wet he thought he might need another shower. Why don’t I just tell him, he thought.
{End Flashback}

When Sam walked in the house, the first thing he heard was the sound of Dean’s voice as he called his name.
“Sam we need to talk,” Dean said.
“Okay, what about?” Sam asked as he sat on the sofa on the other side of the room from his brother.
“Did you give Cassie our address?”
“Um, yeah I did a while back. Why?”
“Just curious as to how she got it to send this note saying that she had a daughter and it’s mine,” Dean said as he noticed Sam’s eyes would not meet his.
He glared at his brother. Sam should have been shocked as he had been. Instead, his younger brother sat looking at his large feet.
“Did you hear me?” Dean asked with barely contained anger.
“Yeah I did, seems those condoms you been using may be um, may be defective,” Sam said with a straight face.
“Screw that, tell me what you know. Did you know about this Sam?” Dean yelled.
Sam swallowed hard; he knew he deserved this treatment form Dean. He hadn’t expected to feel so bad about withholding the information. But it had not been his information to reveal; besides if he had told Dean, Cassie might have moved away or done something really dumb. She seemed fragile when he spoke with her at times. He was used to fighting with Dean and felt he could endure it. Ari showed up at the door. She knocked before she peeked in the room.

“You guys need a time out in here?” she asked as she looked from one brother to the other while she attempted to size up the situation.
“Looks like Sam may have known about Megan,” Dean was in Sam’s face by that time.
“I ….”
“You what? You did know or you did’t? It is a simple yes or no.”
Ari stood quietly by the door a moment before she left again with a shut of the door. She figured they needed to be alone to hash things out.
“Yes I knew but I swore to Cassie I would let her tell you. She just took a while it seems.”
“Get out, I can’t look at you. Doesn’t my being your brother mean anything to you?”
“Dean, don’t say that, you are all I have,” he pleaded before Dean opened the door for him to leave.
Sam looked sadly at his brother as he walked out of the room. Dean slammed the door before he went back to the computer to pick up the picture again. He ran his hands through his hair. He sat down and this time the tears came.

Amber watched Sam from the door as he packed some things in a bag to take downstairs with him. He would give Dean time to figure things out. It was best if he moved to the other part of the house.
“Sammy?”
“Yeah, Munchkin,” he said as he sat on the bed and Amber went to sit on his lap.
“Are you mad at Dean?”
“No, he is mad at me, but don’t worry okay. He will get over it, I promise.”
“You love him?”
“Yeah, I do love him, he is my brother and you my little Munchkin, I love you too,” Amber smiled as he hugged her.

Ari knew Dean had to be hurting. She felt helpless as he sequestered himself in the study for most of that day. She had gone in a couple times to take him food but didn’t feel as though she could deal with staying to look in his sad face. He pretended to be hard at work on finding a hunt, but she figured he was trying to figure out a way to get to see his child.
“Dean you can go see her, I mean if you want you should go…”
“Ari I’m fine, really. I don’t want you to worry about me. I mean she is a little girl not a life threatening disease. I’ll be fine,” he insisted as he pulled Ari into his lap.
He absentmindedly rubbed his hand over her stomach to feel the boys move against his against his hand. He smiled up at her.
“How could I love her already? I haven’t even met her.”
Ari smiled at him.
“Honey, she is your kid, of course, you love her.”
“I don’t know anything about her. I mean what if she isn’t even mine.”
“You don’t believe that do you?’
He hesitated only a moment.
“I know she is, Ari, but I never expected this in a million years. Damn, Cassie for keeping her from me,” he said as Ari got up.

Ari remembered when she had threatened to take off when she found out she was pregnant and Dean had been hesitant about the situation. She could only imagine how Cassie had felt. Dean had been long gone when she found out she was pregnant. It would have been a surprise for her to find herself unwed and pregnant by a man who had told her he was a ghost hunter and moved on after she didn’t believe him. Ari bit her lip as she contemplated what she should say if anything.
“She looks sweet,” Ari finally said.
Dean smiled as he looked at the picture again.
“She does doesn’t she,” he said as he beamed with pride.
Dean leaned down to kiss Ari, she knew he would do the right thing after he railed Cassie out.

****

It was close to a week later when Ari saw a white Grande Prix drive into the yard. They hadn’t had visitors since Ash left a couple weeks before. Whoever it was sat in the car a moment before they got out. Ari noted it was a tallish afro American woman, or maybe mixed race, she thought. This can’t be Cassie, why would she show up here? Had Dean called her? The lady got out of the car the same time as a little girl. Ari knew it was Cassie then because she recognized Megan. Ari stood still as she waited unsure of what to do. She went to the mirror to make sure she looked nice. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she wore jean shorts with a blue maternity top. She took a deep breath after she convinced herself she looked stylish and cute.

Outside Sam met Cassie, who wore Capris and a blue tee shirt with sneakers, at the back door.
“Hey,” he said as he gave her a hug.
“I’m not sure about this Sam.”
“You owe it to Dean to let him meet her, Cassie. My brother hasn’t talk to me in almost a week. He is hurt that I didn’t tell him.”
Cassie looked up at Sam.
“You’re right, I’m sorry you are being shunned because of me.”
“No worries, I get to meet my niece this way too,” he said as he looked down at the little girl at Cassie’ side.
“Megan this is you uncle Sam,” Cassie said as Megan smiled up at giant Sam.
He picked her up as Amber ran out the screen door.
“Hey I’m Amber,” she said with a grin at the two strangers.
Sam put Megan down so she could meet Amber.
“This is Megan and her mother, Cassie,” Sam said as an introduction.
Amber took Megan’s hand with a smile.
“Sammy can I take her out back to play with Sammy Doo?”
Sam looked at Cassie for consent.
“Sammy Doo?”
“He’s Amber’s puppy.”
Cassie tried not to laugh before she nodded her permission. Megan was only a tad shorter than Amber at three and half years. Sam smiled as the two little girls headed around the house.
“She calls you Sammy?”
Sam cleared his throat.
“Never mind about that, you should go get this over with,” he said.
“You will watch the kids?”
He smiled as he gave her a slight push toward the back door as he followed the path the girls had taken.

Cassie was at the door about to knock when she noticed Ari stood on the other side.
“Hi.” Ari said.
“Hey, I assume you are Ari.”
“And you Cassie?”
Cassie nodded as she went inside the door that Ari held open. They walked inside and into the kitchen in silence.
“So why are you here?” Ari said a bit suspicious, before she sat down at the kitchen table after she offered Cassie a drink that she refused.
Cassie sat down opposite Ari as she took note of the nice large kitchen and the hallway that all seemed cozy to her.
“I thought it was time Dean met his daughter since he knows about her now.”
Ari held her cup of tea with both hands
. “You know I’m glad you came. Dean has been in a bit of a funk since he got your note.”
“I didn’t mean to cause trouble. I waited all this time to tell him and now he should at least see her, spend some time with her, something so she knows he… cares.”
Ari nodded.
“I just wish you had done it all before now. Cassie you have to know he is very upset with you.”
“He told me, already. He phoned to rant and rave about how unfair I have been,” Cassie said.
“At least he spoke with you, he won’t talk to Sam.”
Cassie pursed her lips as she nodded; she hated herself for putting a wedge between the brothers because of her selfishness.

Dean came out in the hall and heard voices in the kitchen. Cassie saw him and his facial features switched from curiosity to anger. He turned on his heels and went back into the study. He shut the door and went to the window. He smiled when he saw Megan in the yard, she wore a pink shirt and pink shorts with white sandals. Sam pushed her and Amber on the swing set as Sammy Doo barked and ran around them all. What would his life have been like if he had known about her? Would he have really made time to visit her? Or was Cassie’s way of dealing the better way? He couldn’t keep his eyes off his little girl. She seemed shy though her and Amber both laughed at Sammy Doo’s antics. He heard a knock on the door a moment later.

“Come in,” he said without looking to see who it was.
“Dean, will you talk to me?” Cassie asked with frustration in he voice.
“We have talked.”
“No you yelled, I held the phone away from my ear.”
“You said all you wanted to say in your note.”
“Look I know you are angry, I get that. I know you think I am a Bitch, that I get too, but will you at least talk to Megan.”
He turned to Cassie with anger in his face again.
“Of course, I would love to talk to her, just not you,” he said as he went back to the window.
Cassie cringed at what she saw in him.
“Okay I’ll get her.”
“No give her time to play. You aren’t planning to leave right away are you?” he asked as he faced her again this time she saw only resolve in his face.
“It’s up to you.”
“At least let me have some time with her, you can do that right?”
“Sure, I can do that,” she said before she left he room.

An hour later, Cassie brought Megan to the study to meet Dean. She was afraid the little girl would be too tired from playing to meet him if she didn’t do it soon. She already seemed to be a bit sleepy. When Dean saw Megan walk in the room, he met her half way. Megan looked up at him with a small smile.
“Mommy says you’re my daddy.”
Cassie watched Dean’s face as it softened. She left the two of them alone in the room.
“I am and it’s nice to meet you.”
Megan lifted her arms up to show she wanted to be picked up. Dean picked her up and held her close. Megan held him tightly around his neck. He closed his eyes a she leaned her head on his shoulder, his emotions where in a jumble. He kissed her cheek as he leaned his cheek to hers. After a minute, he sat down on the sofa with her in his lap. That was when she began to tell him her life story. He heard all about her friends, her grandmother, her kitten and her mother. Dean took it all in silently as he watched her eyes light up. Of course, some things he really did not understand because she was so young all that mattered was that she was with him. His flesh and blood, his offspring, he loved her even more. How was he going to let her leave him? When she finally stopped talking she smiled up at him, before he tapped her little nose with his finger. She leaned her head against his chest with a sigh.
“Daddy, I love you.”
“I love you too, Megan.”

TBC
Chapter 12 by EdenWrites
Ari smiled as she came back in the room with Sammy Doo. The puppy had caused distress for Megan as he sucked on her toes while she and Amber tried to sleep on the floor, together. Cassie had given into staying a few days so Dean could spend time with his daughter and Megan could get to know the other part of her family. Cassie was set to stay in the guestroom while Megan bunked sleepover style with Amber. The two girls had become fast friends, no one dared to tell them they were going to be sisters, yet. Ari thought that would involve too many questions though they had a plan to get married the following weekend.

“What if the dog tells the girls what we do when the doors are closed?” Dean asked Ari teasingly while Sammy Doo sat on the floor with a yelp.
“Nothing to worry about he knows better,” Ari said with a grin as she lay back down on the bed.
“If you say so,” Dean said as he caressed her body with his hands.
She sighed while she watched him; his thoughtful expression had her wondering what was going on in that pretty head of his.
“What are you thinking,” she asked, hesitantly.
“How I ended up with so much good in my life,” he said as he kissed her neck. She reached to stop him.
“It’s not like you are a bad person, Dean, you need to get that in your soul. So you hunt things that most do not know exist; it’s a service that's needed. You are a special person; I wish you would get that in your head.”
Dean crushed her lips with his own. He hoped she was right but it was still hard for him to see himself in a good light.

When he pulled back from the kiss, his face was solemn.
“Ari, I’m sorry about all this mess with Cassie.”
“It’s okay your daughter should be in your life,” she said as she moved to her side to look down at him. He pulled her head down for another kiss, not a simple brushing of the lips but something deeper. Ari felt it all the way to her toes. She smiled as her heart beat hard against her chest. Something told her that it was an expression of how he wanted to accept himself they way she did. She would help him the best she could to do that very thing. She moved closer before she raised her leg onto his thigh. He grinned as he took the hint; the position left her open enough for him to slip inside her easily. It wasn’t for vigorous lovemaking but some slow easy loving the kind they enjoyed often. Dean loved Ari’s initiative as much as he loved her. She knew how to make him feel like he could do no wrong.

Sam and Cassie sat in the den while they talked a bit.
“I wonder how Ari feels about Megan,” Cassie said a she sat on the sofa with her hands in her lap.
“I know Ari and I have learned about you over the last year, you are both what Dean needed at different times in his life. This is Ari’s time and I’m certain she will make sure that Dean makes time for Megan though from what I have seen my brother is thoroughly in love with his baby girl.”
Sam went on to give Cassie an overview of Ari’s life, though he left out her past for obvious reasons.
“She sounds almost too good to be true,” Cassie said with a smile.
“Dean is happy that is what matters,” Sam replied as they got up to go off to bed.

They next morning they all got up early to go to the Milwaukee Zoo. It was a fun family day where everyone made an attempt to get along. Dean even apologized to Sam for his anger.
“No man you had a right to be upset, but it wasn’t easy for me to keep the information from you either. All I could do was to keep bugging Cassie to tell you without you finding out that she and I were in close contact.”
“Yeah, well it all worked out,” he said as they walked toward the ape section.
Dean had Megan up high sitting on his shoulders but put her down so she and Amber could run ahead to look at the chimpanzees. Ari took his hand as they all went into the section together. Cassie, Sam and Jo walked together behind the couple as they kept an eye on the girls as they laughed at the monkey’s antics in the windows.

Dean put his arm around Ari’s waist as they stopped to watch the apes and the girls.
“I’m glad you wanted to do this, Amber has wanted to come forever.”
“I know I had planned it for next week,” he said as he kissed her cheek.
“Yeah?”
“It was going to be a surprise, now the marriage ceremony is her surprise.”
Ari laughed, it was a sweet sound to Dean’s ears. It wasn’t that she didn’t do it often but she had been a bit quiet since Megan and Cassie showed up. Of course, he wasn’t blaming her. He hoped she knew he had no designs on getting Cassie back. He was thoroughly satisfied with where he was in this life with her.

That evening Cassie and Dean finally had a chance to talk.
“I don’t want you to apologize any more,” Dean said as he sat across from her in the den.
“What do you mean?”
“I mean we have a beautiful child and it would be beneficial for us to work together.”
“I agree,” she said after a few moments.
Neither of them saw Ari as she stood near the door, she bit her lip as she felt guilty for listening to them. She sighed a she walked back to the kitchen to prepare herself a cup of tea. She wanted to be gracious to Cassie but she didn’t want to be stupid. Dean had spent a couple of wild weeks with the woman and now she shows up with his kid. Focus, focus on Dean, I am with him. Breathe. We are getting married, Cassie only has one thing Dean had interest in, his daughter, Breathe, relax.
“Good, would you mind if I visited her every few months?” Dean asked.
Cassie was surprised by the offer.
“Uh, no, of course not but won’t you be busy with the twins?”
“I’ll make time. I want her to know me, Cas. Don’t get me wrong the whole crew will come, there will be more visitors then you know what to do with,” Dean laughed.
Cassie smiled.
“I know Amber will be glad she seems to be crazy about Meg.”
“So you’re okay with the plan?”
“Oh absolutely, Thank you for all this, Dean, I don’t deserve it.”
“It’s for Megan,” he said with almost a straight face, but he ruined it by smiling at her.

Two days later, Cassie and Megan prepared to leave. Amber was sad and so was the rest of the household. Megan was inconsolable. Dean picked her up to take her out to the car. She put her head on his shoulder as she waved at Amber who sat in Ari’s lap at the kitchen table. Outside Dean didn’t want to let the little girl go. He stood by the car as Megan cried into his neck.
“Daddy I want to stay here with you and Abby,” she said as he gently untangled her from his torso and sat her on the hood of the car.
“I want you to stay too but I will visit with Amber real soon. I promise.
“Promise Daddy?”
“Oh absolutely, I already miss you,” Dean said as Cassie motioned for him to put Megan in her car seat. He buckled her in before he said goodbye.
“I love you, Sweetie,” he said with a sad smile.
“I love you too Daddy,” she said as he kissed her cheeks.
Cassie started the car after her hug from Sam but Dean stopped her before she was able to get in the car.

Dean hugged Cassie but he didn’t see Ari at the door. For a moment, Ari was jealous again. If Cassie didn’t have Dean’s child she wouldn’t ever have to see him again but in their case, she would always be in his life. She bit her lip as she saw Dean whisper in Cassie’s ear.
“Thank you for keeping her, Cas, I know you had other options.”
“No I didn’t, I love…d you Dean, I couldn’t give up your baby,” she said as she got in the car.
Dean didn’t reply he only waved as his sad faced little girl in the back seat before he headed toward the house. Cassie remembered something and stopped him before he put his hand on the door. She motioned for him to come back and gave him a binder of pictures she had brought for him of Megan when she was smaller. After he held the item in his hands he realized that he needed to give Megan something for her to remember him by so he went back inside to grab a snapshot.

When that was done he could no longer ignore the fact that Megan was still noticeably upset. He opened the door to take her out of the car seat for another hug.
“Don’t be sad,” he said as he dabbed at her tears before he held her close again, as a sighed escaped his lips. He had to be strong for her.
“K,” she said as she sniffed.
Amber came outside to hug Megan again as well as Sam who had stood with Jo as he half-heartedly began to wash the truck as Dean had said his goodbyes. Nevertheless, Sam couldn’t resist hugging his niece again so he put the water hose down so he could go over take her from Dean. Dean smiled at his brother as Megan began to smile. Ari smiled at them all before Megan and Cassie finally drove away. She would deal with Cassie and Megan because they made their family complete. Dean grinned at Ari as he went in the door while Amber went off to help Sam and Jo finish the washing of the truck.

****

That night after a nice evening, but subdued dinner with the family and Jo, Dean and Ari settled in bed to go to sleep after they made love. Dean spooned up behind Ari and dozed off to sleep. He kissed her neck as he wrapped his arm around her, before he caressed her stomach. The place where their babies resided was special to him as much as the woman who carried them, he loved them all, dearly. He sighed with contentment. But, he sat up in bed what seemed a few minutes later. Ari stood before him with fear in her eyes, her gown was bloody and she held their twins. They babies were both dead and tears streamed down her cheeks. Her face was full of anger and he felt it was directed at him. Dean was full of sorrow, then he saw the yellow-eyed demon as he stood with a smile across the room. Sammy Doo howled.
“NOOOOOOOOO,” Dean yelled out.
{Invisible Realm}
Mary felt the evil presence and followed Dean’s eyes to see the demon across the room near the window..
“You shouldn’t be here,” he said as he glared at her.
“Leave them alone, they have given enough,” she said.
“Who’s fault is that?” he said as he laughed before he faded away.
Mary cringed as she watched her eldest, before she faded away also.
{Back to the visible world}

Ari shook him in as she turned to see he was thrashing around in his sleep.
“Dean, wake up,” she said as she moved away from to keep from being hit in the face.
Dean’s heart rate slowed down when he saw Ari as she looked concerned at him.
“Hey you were dreaming, you okay?”
“Uh, yeah, Are you okay?’
“I’m fine.”
He reached to touch her stomach as she moved beside him again. The babies kicked and he smiled.
“I am good now, I dreamed that they died and the…”
He was relieved that the twins were fine. He looked at her afraid to tell her the rest.
“The yellow eyed demon was here. Our babies were dead and you looked so sad, but the scariest part was I could tell you blamed me.”
She swallowed hard as she pulled him as close as she could.
“Well we’re all fine, don’t worry.”
“Ari are you afraid? What if something happens?”
“Of course I am a bit frightened of the whole having a baby process it can be a bit iffy under the best conditions.’
“But…”
“If something went wrong I wouldn’t blame you. I chose to be with you because I love you.”
He kissed her slowly and deliberately, but in the back of his mind, he knew that the demon had not given up on trying to use Sam. He was afraid it would do everything in its power to keep all the Winchesters from having happy lives. Then he began to worry about Megan again, how was he going to keep her safe? Though maybe the fact that she was almost four had to mean something, not knowing about her may have been a good thing, at least for her safety. He sighed before he snuggled up with Ari again. Ari assumed the dream was because of Dean’s anxiety about the changes in their lives she hoped it was not some sort of premonition of the variety that Sam experienced.

Dean told Sam about the dream the next morning after breakfast. They were set up in the study as they contemplated getting in contact with their relatives.
“Sam I think we should just forget the relatives for their own sakes.”
“What?’
“Think about it, they are safer not knowing us.”
Sam shook his head he let his brother know that he really want to meet his kin.
“Haven’t you ever wanted to meet your grandparents? Dean this is our family, Dad was selfish in this even you said that.”
“Maybe he was protecting them,” Dean said as he got up to stretch his legs and look out the window.
Ari was with Jo and Amber outside playing with Sammy Doo. He could see Chet in the distance as he sat nearby reading in a lawn chair under a tree.
“If they don’t believe where we have been all these years we at least have to let them know why we never knew them.”
Dean stood in front of his brother; he didn’t want to let him down. Sam had been through enough with losing their mother than his girlfriend and finally their father. Maybe family was something that could help Sam. However, he realized that Sam would agree to do whatever he decided. He needed to take the step to let others help with their burden, if they had that desire at all.
“Okay, you’re right. Maybe Dad told someone let’s try his family first.”
Sam’s face lit up.

TBC
Chapter 13 by EdenWrites
Dean and Ari rode in her car while Sam, Jo, Missouri were in the Impala with Amber. They were headed to the courthouse for Ari and Dean to get married. Amber was excited that Dean was going to finally be her daddy. She tried to look out the window to see the car ahead of them with excitement in her little face. She wore a frilly pink dress with white socks and shoes. Jo was dressed for the occasion in her first dress, a pink slip dress with high heels that she already hated wearing. Missouri wore a lightweight blue summer dress with cap sleeves while Sam had on black slacks and an off-white dress shirt without a tie. Jo couldn’t stop herself from taking glances at him. Missouri had come to the occasion because Dean was the first Winchester to get married and she didn’t want to miss out. They had tried to convince her to stay around a while though she only agreed to “hang out” a few days.
“So Dean is going to be my Dad and you my uncle Sammy, right?”
“Yes,” Sam said as he looked in the mirror at the little girl who sat behind him.
“Yea,” Amber said as she grinned at Missouri who sat beside her in the car.
“That’s right you and Megan will be sisters,” Sam said with a smile before he noticed.
that Dean had pulled the car over to the side of the road in front of them.
Oh, great, not now, this can’t be happening.

“Ari you sure you want to do this at the courthouse? We could put together a simple wedding at the local church,” Dean said with concern on his handsome face.
He wore an outfit that matched Sam’s though they had decided he should wear a tie to match the shirt. Ari’s dress for the day was also off white, made of lace and long enough to barely skim her knees. The low-cut bodice emphasized the bust and helped her seem less pregnant. Dean thought she looked especially beautiful. They had been having the same discussion for days about the church. Ari appreciated Dean’s offer but she had no interest in the church wedding her fiancé thought she should have.
“Sweetie, no I am fine with this. We were doing this for Amber remember?”
“Not just for Amber I mean………don’t women always dream of the day they get married? Sam says…”
“It’s sweet, it is very sweet that you are concerned but we have an appointment in less than an hour and I really want to keep it,” she said with a smile.
Dean sighed. He wanted so much to do the right thing. He wanted Ari to be happy though he had less interest in stepping a church than she did. He leaned over to kiss her before there was a tap on the window.

He turned around to see his brother with a grin on his face.
“The kissing part comes after the I do’s,” he commented as he leaned against the car as though he may stay a while.
“We have heard that Sam,” Dean said with a laugh.
“Not changing your minds I hope,” Sam said suddenly a bit apprehensive.
“No, we’re good,” Ari smiled as she smoothed out her dress where Dean had roamed his hands while they kissed.
“We’re ready,” Dean said as he started the car before Sam smiled and walked back to the Impala.
Ari laughed as they got back onto the road.
“You like making them nervous don’t you?”
“It was not my intention,” he smirked.
“You have honorable intentions,” she said with a smile at her future husband.
Dean was quiet, he still hoped having Ari and Amber in his life was honorable. He didn’t want to think of them getting hurt because of his choices. The dream came back to him full force along with the doubts. No, I love them that has to mean something in the scheme of things. Sam had told him that the demon was a liar, though he knew it, but the demon did feed on fear. Dean had fear regarding his twins, fear that they would have gifts to make them targets, fear that they would never survive to be born, fear that he was a bad person for bringing them into existence. However, what he felt for Ari was too strong to ignore and he believed she felt the same. Why couldn’ t their lives just be good for a while longer? He wanted to enjoy their day. He smiled over at Ari as they continued toward Fond du Lac and their future.

The ceremony was quick and to the point. Amber was an angel as she watched them from beside Missouri who dabbed her eyes when they said their vows.
“I will do all in my power to keep you safe, to be at your side in sickness or sorrow, to love you to the best of my ability. You are my future, my lover, my friend, I vow this to you,” he said as he looked into Ari’s eyes.
“My lover, my friend, my hero, Dean I do not want any other, only you. You are my heart the only man I have ever loved. I will do my best to honor, cherish and respect you as long as I live, I vow this to you,” Ari said before they exchanged rings.
Dean’s platinum ring was a gift from Ari though she had let him pick it out after Megan had gone home.
{Flashback}
They had decided to spend the day in Milwaukee shopping. Dean complied under duress but he knew he should get a ring. They had lunch at a restaurant downtown called Water Street Brewery. It was a treat for Dean since he had come along with few complaints. He had fresh Oktoberfest beer, which was a specialty of the restaurant microbrewery, as well as a nice sized hamburger with fries. Ari laughed at him as he rubbed his stomach when he was done.
“I think you ate too much now I will have to drag you around the mall,” she teased.
“No, I’m fine but it was very good we should come here again,” he said with a smile.
She smiled indulgently back at him, as she finished her Chicken Taco Salad.
“Yes, the food her is fantastic, thank Sam for the recommendation. He and Jo came here recently he said.”
“I’ll do that.”

When they finally arrived at the Bayshore Mall, they stopped at Kay’s Jewelers first but were unimpressed. After they wandered around for over an hour, they decided to make a stop at another Jewelers that had seen on the way into town. It was a smaller store that looked to be family owned. Once they were inside, they noticed that the designs seemed custom, not like the same old ones they had seen at the mall stores. Dean went to ask about having a band made for Ari’s ring since it was an antique while she spoke with a sales woman about a ring for him. It only took a few minutes to get their requests taken care off then they were on their way with exactly what they wanted.

“Have I told you how amazing you are lately?” Dean asked as they got into the Impala.
“No not lately but every night when you watch me sleep I get the idea that you think I am pretty special,” she teased him.
“Oh you play possum on me? Now I know,” he laughed as they drove away.
{End Flashback}

After the ceremony, they went out to eat at the local Red Lobster. They all walked in to the casual restaurant dressed in their wedding duds and received quite a bit of attention. Amber smiled as she held Dean’s hand as he went up to the hostess to ask how long it would be to get a table for six. The woman informed them the wait would be about a half hour which was good for any restaurant on a Saturday around two o’clock. The decided to wait so they took various seats since there was not room for them to sit together during that time. Sam and Jo sat at the bar. Missouri sat with Amber on a bench while Dean and Ari stood near the front door.

After a few minutes, Ari needed to go to the ladies room so she went in with no other thought than to get her business done and get back to her husband. However, when she entered the restroom she realized there was a line about three deep. She smiled at no one in particular as she waited but the lady who came in behind her pushed her against the woman in front of her. Ari turned to ask the lady why but before she knew it, she was on the floor. The lady hit her in the face. The restroom was suddenly quiet as the lady in front of Ari bent down to help her up. The guilty woman walked out.
“What a Bitch,” the lady said.
“Are you okay?” another woman asked as she wet a towel for Ari’s face.
“Yeah, I’m fine, she surprised me. I do not know her, I don’t even live here…”
“Honey sometimes people are just mean for kicks, I will tell the manager what happened you don’t need to worry.”
The lady who helped her to start nodded, she said she was willing to back up the story too and it was ashamed that a woman would hit a total stranger, let alone a pregnant one on her wedding day. Ari frowned but thanked them for their kindness and accepted their congratulations on her wedding. When she stood in front of the mirror, she didn’t think her eye looked that bad but it would swell underneath. Dean was going to have a cow.

Next thing she knew Missouri was behind her with Amber. She went into the older woman’s arms.
“Mommy what’s wrong?’
“Um, I had a bit of accident in here I am fine,” she said as Missouri shook her head.
“You really okay?” Missouri asked.
Ari nodded. She wasn’t a fan of fighting but if she hadn’t been pregnant, there would have been a real fight in the restroom. But, in this case, she only felt vulnerable and hormonal all over again. She was afraid to leave the restroom for fear of Dean’s reaction. Missouri went out first to tell Dean what happened so he would not freak out, then she came back to let Ari know that Dean had gone to get the car and would pick her up at the door. Their celebration had been ruined. They decided to go home and order pizza though Dean and Ari were headed to a hotel for two days as a honeymoon.

“You okay?” he asked with a scowl on his face.
“I’m fine, I promise. It just surprised me, I never expected that.”
He barely held himself in check when he saw her black eye though someone had handed her an ice pack to put over it.
“The manager gave us gift certificates but I do not plan to ever go to that location again,” Dean said to keep from saying other things.
He was so angry he couldn’t see straight. Angry with himself for not being able to protect his new bride, angry with the stupid Bitch that would hit someone she didn’t even know, angry with fate for allowing something happen to Ari.
“Honey, it’s okay no reason to be upset. It was one of those random acts of violence, nothing can be done.”
Funny I had hoped for a random act of kindness on this happy day.
“You had several witnesses so they did take her away even though initially she came out of the restroom as though nothing had happened before a lady came out behind her to calmly alert the manager and tell him what happened,” Dean said with a heavy heart tht he had been left in the dark and unable to help her.
“Guess she wanted to share the bad day she was having, the other ladies were very nice,” Ari replied though in her heart she knew things could be worse for her.
She was not in any pain, she felt fine, though she wondered to herself how that happened.

Mary wished she had been faster at catching Ari as she fell, all she had been able to do was to slow down her fall so she hadn’t landed hard on the floor. What would have happened to her precious grandsons if she hadn’t gone into the restroom? It was the type of thing that worried her constantly. She was only one spirit she couldn’t be everywhere at once. Her powers were limited. At some point she was going to have to give up her watch on her family, she dreaded that day.

***

At the hotel that night, Dean smiled down at Ari as he kneeled between her legs. She grinned back at him as he caressed her feet.
“You know is my turn to “go down” on you.”
“We don’t take turns we go with flow, right?”
She laughed, “If you say so.”
Dean smiled as he nibbled on her thighs, his fingers traced lazy circles up toward her center. She felt hot with the thought of where he was headed. She leaned up on her elbows to watch. Her legs were spread open as though she was about to deliver. Dean was nothing if he wasn’t thorough, he liked to take his time so she enjoy ever second. He fondled the strip of hair between her legs for a few moments before he plunged his thumb inside her to find her soaking wet and slippery. He had to lean up to see her face because of her stomach since she had gone back to lying flat on her back. He smirked in earnest as he continued on the path to giving her an orgasm. She looked serene so he continued. When he exchanged his thumb for his tongue, Ari moaned as he twirled and plunged until she felt ready to explode. When he added a couple of fingers to the mix she knew she thought she might faint with what he was doing to her. She closed her eyes as she breathed deeply.

“Dean, oh Dean,” she said as she bucked against his hand.
He loved the sound of his name as it came off her lips. He decided spur of the moment to make her come without him inside for once. She shuddered as she almost bounced of the bed with the waves that hit her. She smiled when she leaned up and she could smell herself on his face. He reached over to kiss her and she licked his lips. Dean smiled, something about a woman who didn’t mind when sex got a bit messy it was part of hard-core lovemaking, the thought turned him on all over again.

Not much time passed until she pushed him on his back and straddled him. He smiled up at her before he pulled her head down so he could kiss her lips again. His tongue explored her mouth hungrily as though it were truly their first time. Ari was his match in the little war of the tongues, so much so that their hearts were racing when the kiss finally ended. With her hands on his face he could see the bruise on her eye and he reached to touch it.
“Not so pretty now, huh?”
“No, gorgeous,” he said as he pulled her head down again.
The things he had learned from Ari had more to do with character than appearance he realized. She was someone who would give her all to a cause and be happy about it. She rarely sulked, she had begun to love nature and the wind in her hair. She smiled often and didn’t hold grudges. She loved her child wholeheartedly and he believed she loved him the same. That was what he had begun to see as beauty, all the little things that make each person unique. He hoped by not “freaking out” about the restaurant incident that he could possibly be on the road to where he wanted to be as a person of integrity despite the incident in Chicago. He smiled up at her before they made love with her in control.

Mary stayed away from the hotel because it was her son’s honeymoon it wasn’t something she needed to be involved in. Instead, she went to the house to see how Jo and Sam were spending their night. She found them in the den as they played Candyland with Amber. They were spread out on the floor and seemed to enjoy the little girl’s company. She watched Sam as he eyed Jo longingly and wondered if Jo would ever let Sam get close enough to truly love her. Jo seemed oblivious to Sam’s attention though Mary knew that was impossible. Jo had already proclaimed to Ari that she liked Sam. Mary sighed as she faded away into the darkness. She had things to do, her family was safe for the night she was no longer needed.

TBC
Chapter 14 by EdenWrites
Dean held Ari after they made love she snuggled against his shoulder with a sigh.
“You sure you’re okay?” Dean asked for the umpteenth time.
“I’m fine,” she said though this time she didn’t seem as convincing as before.
The next thing Dean knew she was in tears, he leaned up to look down into her face.
“You feel okay? Tell me its just hormones and I’ll be quiet.”
She shook her heads as the tears continued to flow, he frowned. Tears were not his area of expertise. He sighed heavily as he felt he might cry himself. His poor sweetie, it was their wedding day and she was in tears. Though she was pregnant, he reasoned it happened often lately. He stroked her hair before he moved to get up and grab some tissue for her.

Ari tried to pull herself together while he was in the bathroom. She sniffled before she took a deep breath. She knew Dean wasn’t good with emotion, but he did the best he could. He was logical and when he saw a problem, he wanted to fix it. A typical male, but she loved that about him. It would never do for both of them to act irrational and hormonal. He came back in the room to see she had sat up against the headboard. She seemed better.
“You want to talk about it?” he asked as he sat beside her and passed the tissue.
She dabbed her eyes as she smiled at him.
“I’m sorry about that, it comes and goes.”
“I’m sorry you had a pitiful wedding day,” he said as he looked in her eyes again.
“You know it wasn’t so bad except the getting hit in the eye part,” she said as she tried to make him feel better.
“I don’t know that it helped to find out the incident was racially motivated either,” Dean added.
“I know that really sucks, so Missouri said she was glaring at us from the moment we walked in the restaurant?”
Dean nodded, “And she feels awful that she didn’t react sooner. You know I don’t get how people think they can run other peoples lives, its nonsense.”
Ari had to smile, Dean knew about logical and this didn’t line up to that standard for him or her. The thing was she had encountered hate all her life from people who couldn’t see past her skin color. It was part of living for her, maybe that was why she hadn’t been as shocked as the others.
“What?” he asked as she leaned over to kiss him.
He had done all he could to do what she wanted about their wedding, in the end it wasn’t his sacrifice that stood out on their special day but the ignorance of society. He promised himself he would find a way to make up for what happened to her. Maybe a special treat, he would phone Sam and see what surprise they could put together for his new wife.

“Well the meal here at the hotel was nice, right?”
“Oh it was excellent, the food, the company, then later the sex,” she said with a smile.
He laughed, “That wasn’t part of the meal, actually.”
“Oh but it was still very good,” she said as she bit her lip.
Dean touched her bruised eye; it could have been a lot worse. He was concerned that people would think he had hurt her though. Her being pregnant didn’t help that. She told him not to worry she could cover it fairly well with make up.

Dean had paid for their nice weekend get-away with cash he earned from working on cars now and again but mostly from hustling pool. He had to make money so that he could do little things for Ari without using her funds. Mostly he hustled pool when they were on hunts. Sam understood how his brother felt he had to be his own man it was as much a part of him as his swagger and smart-ass comments. Dean Winchester had stood on his own feet for his whole life just because he allowed Ari to buy the house didn’t mean he would feel complete by allowing her to pay for her own honeymoon. He had cash in the bank and it felt good to him.

Missouri was with Amber outside with the puppy so they had a few minutes to cuddle. Sam and Jo kissed on her bed. He had gone up to check on her because after lunch she had said she had a headache. He was afraid she was avoiding him. He sat down to ask how she was doing and she had pulled him down with a bit of hesitancy. He ran his hands through her hair as she gave her all to the kiss. His tongue found hers and he lost all conscious thought. He had missed her so much, but he wasn’t in love with Jo. She turned him on physically but not mentally. Though she was fun but more like a sister in a lot of ways. He surprised her when he moved back and stood up.
“I’m sorry, we are supposed to be friends.”
“Sam you are running hot and cold here, do you know what you want?”
Sam stuttered, “Jo I want you but it’s complicated.”
“You mean because of Jess is that what this is about?”
“I don’t know anymore. ..”
“I love you, Sam, isn’t that what you want?”
Sam sat on the edge of the bed. He traced the curve of her leg down to her ankle as he tried to put his thoughts together. Jo watched quietly as her heart ached for him.
“You know forget it, we don’t have to figure this out today,” she said as she motioned for him to come lay beside her.
Sam pulled Jo into his arms, this is may not be so good, he thought. He wasn’t ready to declare that he loved Jo, though he was crazy about her. Part of him felt there might be someone else out in the world for him. He sighed as he leaned his head against hers. Am I being unfair to her?

The next morning Dean and Ari hung out at the pool early. Ari swam a bit then settled into the lounge chair to read. Dean had found two little boys who he played tag with in the pool. Ari laughed at them, he seemed to be a natural with the kids. The only problem was the boy’s mother watched Dean like she might want to eat him up. She is practically licking her chops, Ari thought as she eyed the woman under lowered lashes. Ari figured that was the hazard of having a handsome husband. She sighed as she laid her head back and closed her eyes. Not long afterward she felt water dripping on her legs and looked up to see Dean grinning as he leaned over her. She raised her eyebrow at him before his lips descended on hers. He was cold, wet and beautiful, she put her hands in his hair to keep him from stopping the kiss for a minute. When he moved to dry off she watched him. He had a healthy tan from yard work, a rocking body from exercising and his flashing green eyes seemed to be the focus of his beautiful face. He winked at her as he laughed at her staring at him. Such a ham.

He moved his lounge chair close to hers before he sat down.
“This is a better day, right?”
“It’s perfect,” she said as she gazed longingly into his eyes.
She could tell he was concerned about her but he promised himself he would stop asking for assurance. She would let him know if something was wrong.
“I’m glad,” he said before he settled his hand on her stomach.

****
When they arrived back at the house a couple of days later everything was quiet and no one was home. Dean grabbed the bags from the trunk before he followed Ari inside. She seemed surprised to see that it was quiet except for music that seemed to come from their room. She looked hesitantly at Dean as he shrugged his shoulders as if he had no idea about what was going on. Ari raised an eyebrow as she followed the muffled sound to the bedroom. Dean was close behind as he went in behind her.

The room was bathed in candle light. There were rose petals all over the floor and the bed in trails. Soft music played that Ari swore had to be Enya, the light otherworldly tune drifted in the air. She noticed the roses beside the bed right away as well as a box of Godiva chocolates before she turned to grin at Dean.
“Did you?”
He nodded.
She smirked as she went into the bathroom to find that the tub was full of bubbles and that room was also lit by candles. She turned to go into her husband’s arms.
“I like, this is sweet. I assume this is what all the calls to Sam were about.”
He didn’t answer but leaned down to pull her close for a kiss. Afterward he leaned back only far enough to unbutton her blouse before he reached for her jeans. Her hand went around his neck as she watched his face. The lines near his eyes seemed relaxed and she could hardly see his crow’s feet in the dimly lit room. He seems completely at ease and she was happy for that. When she was naked she undressed him while he kissed her all over again.

He pushed her against the door before he lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his back. She would miss this position when the babies grew larger, as it was if he hadn’t been tall it would not have worked. She smiled as he slid inside her while she wrapped her arms around his neck for balance. Being around him always made her wet. His confidence and magnetism exuded from him like an invisible force; basically he made her hot and slick. His lips were on hers again as he pushed up into her moist warm center. His muscles were solid and they flexed with his every movement. She bit her lip to keep from trembling as she felt his erection as it slipped in and out of her. Oh Good Heavens, I will miss this. He didn’t seem to have any problems despite the fact that he was doing the majority of the work. He kept going after he came until he felt the trembling inside her that indicated she had climaxed. He smiled at her as her feet hit the floor. She felt weak kneed as she reached for him to steady her.
“You are full of surprise Mr. McGillicudy,” she teased.

He took her hand to lead her to the tub before he got in first and she slid in next to put her back against his chest. Once his arms were around her stomach he relaxed.
“This is nice, thank you,” she said softly.
“Glad you like it, I needed you to have a good memory of our wedding weekend. ”
“The best part was that I married you,” she said as though it was the most natural thing in the world.
Dean was speechless. He still had a hard time believing he was in love, but now he had crossed the line. He had gotten married and the demon was still on the loose. He figured he must be unknowingly on drugs. But as his hand brushed the pregnant belly of his wife he calmed himself, he was sane and on the way to being a father. No drugs, it was life. Though whose life, he had yet to decide. Could he be a ghost hunter/husband/father? He refused to let panic set in even as he reviewed things in his head.
“I’m glad you see it that way, I do love you. I confess I am not sure if I am ready for all this.”
She laughed to herself, “Hey I am in the same club.”

The phone rang twice while they bathed but with the music playing and their minds on other things they missed it. Afterward, Dean checked his phone because at one point he thought he had heard it ring. He almost dropped it when he checked the messages. Ari looked at him curiously as he dialed a number while he frowned at her.
“Hey, Cassie, how is she?”
Ari raised an eyebrow.
“Okay I can fly if I have to, tell me what they said,” he insisted with concern in his voice.
Ari sat down on the bed to put lotion on her legs as she watched him run his hands through his hair.
“So she will be okay or not? Damn it, the details.”
Ari bit her lip, this can’t be good.
“Yeah, okay I will get there as soon as I can, bye.”
“Dean?”
“Megan was hit by a car, she is unconscious at the hospital.”
“What?”
“Car came up on the curb, Megan was on her tricycle, it happened fast.”
He sighed.
“Hey, get your things I will call the airline, okay,” Ari said as she had horrible thoughts run through her head.
Great they come into our lives now he has to run to be with his little girl, God forgive me though I hope she will be fine. Why does it have to be Cassie he is rushing to? Though she knew it was all for Megan. She hoped that no rekindling happened while Dean was away.

Dean heard the hesitancy in Ari’s voice before he threw his duffle bag on the bed.
“I have to go,” he said as he looked at her while she seemed stuck to the bed when she should be in the study making arrangements.
“I know I am going to get you a plane ticket just let me …”
“You don’t need to be jealous of Cassie,” he said as he cut through all the bull.
He knew Ari was concerned about him spending too much time with his ex-lover. She had tried hard to appear umoved when Cassie showed up but he knew it bothered her. She looked up at him with anger in her face.
“Not jealous but it seems all of a sudden she has a way to make you a part of her life again…”
“So you think she planned for Megan to get hurt, Ari that is crazy,” he yelled.
“That isn’t what I said, you are twisting my words…”
“Look we don’t have time for this, forget it I can go do the tickets,” he said as he left the room.
Ari squeezed her eyes shut. Why couldn’t she just admit to him that she was scared of losing him to Cassie? How was he going to live in Wisconsin when she knew he wanted to be near his daughter? For the first time in a few months she wished she weren’t pregnant. Maybe their relationship had moved too fast, maybe their babies were a mistake. Then she looked down at her hand, she saw her wedding ring and realized that maybe her thoughts were only her hormones talking. She smiled to herself as she went to apologize to her husband. He was the same man who only a few days ago, had vowed wonderful things to her, the one who didn’t deserve her to be jealous but to trust him. The man that loved her and needed her understanding even when it was a hard thing to give but she believed he was worth the effort.

The plane ride was worse than the previous trip because he was just another passenger without an ailment to draw the flight attendants. He eyed the throw up bag as he tried to relax. One of the attendants noticed he was uneasy and stopped to chat.
“Do you need anything sir?”
He groaned inwardly as he turned to her with a smirk, but he shook his head. Luckily, he had gotten Sam to agree to come to Missouri in the Impala so they could drive back together. He only hoped Megan would recover since Amber was going to come along to see her. This certainly wasn’t the type of trip he had planned when he said he would visit. Dean was happy that Ari had cleared the air with him about Cassie. It wasn’t as though he hadn’t had the same thoughts. But he was ready for her, they would be all business, though the business was their kid. He would stay long to make sure Megan was fine then Sam was going to come get him. He had a plan and intended to stick to it.

****
Mary watched over Megan as she lay in the small hospital bed. She looked so innocent and sweet. Mary sighed when Cassie came in the room to sit by the bed.
“Wake up, Sweetie, your daddy is going to come see you,” Cassie said with hopes that Megan could hear her.
They had told her to talk to the little girl, that they believed it might help. Mary wasn’t sure how she felt about Cassie. She knew she hated that the woman had chosen this moment in time to reveal to Dean that she had his child. Dean had more than enough irons in the fire and now more kids then he had ever planned on having she was certain. Mary had decided after Ari met Dean that she liked her more than Cassie. It was pure preference but despite Ari’s past she felt the woman could hold her own with her stubborn son.

Then there was a shadow in the room that surprised Mary, the spirit that seemed dark headed toward Megan. She had seen guardians before but this spirit didn’t have wings; she was apprehensive because if its presence. Its back was to her and she jumped on it knocking it against the wall though it went through the wall. It came back in the room a moment later and stood in front of her with a smile.
“Oh it’s you?”

TBC
Chapter 15 by EdenWrites
Mary crossed her arms over her chest, as she looked into the eyes of the demon who had taken her life. She seethed with anger though she knew it wouldn’t do her any good. She was dead; he still wrecked havoc on her family. She was powerless to stop him her only plan of action included what she was allowed to do most often and that was watch. Lately she had been, okay for a while, they had let her get away with a few helpful actions but she realized that was frowned upon. She gave Sam the vision that sent him back to Lawrence, and more than once Dean’s hunches had been from her. Just a little help from the netherworld for “her boys”. The invisible world, unless you were a guardian, could not physically interfere with the visible world. Even demons did their work by suggestion only. If she got close enough to the guardians they might be lenient on her and not tell the powers at large or so she hoped.
“You can’t touch her why are you here?” Mary asked in a huff as she kept an eye out for any others who might want her granddaughter. She was most afraid of the reapers.
“Who are you looking for? You know Megan will be fine,” the yellow eyed demon said in a bit of huff himself.
Megan had lived past her six month birthday because no one knew she existed until her visit to see her father. Now the little girl’s lifespan was under wraps but he knew she was safe for the moment.
“Don’t question me, I asked why are you here playing around?”
“Maybe I was bored came to ruffle some feathers, saw you hanging around, being naughty.”
She rolled her eyes before she saw someone come in that could cause her problems. The guardian flew straight toward her with a frown on its face.

“Mary?”
“Uh huh?”
“You have to stop…”
The guardian looked in the demon’s direction as he stared back at her. She didn’t have to say anything to him he knew better than to try to harass her little charge, Megan was way to young for him to attempt to influence. After the yellow eyed demon left, the guardian reiterated to Mary that she had over stepped her bounds one too many times. She gave her a last warning that she had to stop interfering in the visible world or she would be cut off from roaming the earth and be sent to heaven and given work detail until she could be avenged to pass over into heavenly rest. Mary sighed, she felt powerless again, just like the night she died.

It was after dark when Dean walked in to the hospital and approached the desk. A red headed nurse with bright blue eyes eyed him as she asked him what he needed. Dean, who was in father mode, paid her no real attention as she leaned forward to let her assets been seen while she searched for the name he had given her, Megan Robinson.
“Okay, she is on the fourth floor. Looks like she just came around, is she your niece?” she asked with high hopes before she noticed his wedding band.
Dean shook his head before he walked toward the elevator; he pushed the button then turned back with a smile.
“She’s my daughter,” he said with a smile in the nurse’s direction.
The red head sighed as she went back to work. All the HOT ones are taken, she thought.

Meanwhile, Sam tossed in his sleep. He and Jo had endured a nice day while they entertained Amber when Missouri and Ari had gone shopping. Sam’s emotions were wound tight after a whole day of thinking that Jo was not right for him, he couldn’t get his mind to process that he had to tell her. The next thing he knew she was on top of him as she took off her shirt. She grinned down at him as he looked up in shocked surprise.
“Jo, what are you doing?”
“What we do best,” she said as she bit her lip before she bent down to kiss his open lips. She licked and sucked them with eagerness as he began to respond. His hands found her ass as he stroked the roundness under her short pajama bottoms. She moved against his hands as he guided them between her legs, which were moist from kissing him. Sam took the clue and moved his hand up to pull down the shorts.

His mind was fuzzy from the kissing he reasoned, while she moved her lips to his neck. He used the top of his index finger to caress her love nub gently and he could feel that she was wet, almost dripping. He turned his hand to push his fingers inside her as she moved down to take in what he offered. Her lips landed on his collarbone where she sucked hard to keep from moaning aloud because of what he was doing to her. She could feel his erection grow under the sheet as it pushed against her pubic bone.

Sam moved his hands back to her firm behind, spreading her sweet womanly scent from her insides to her ass again but neither cared as she reached to move the sheet back so she could feel him and end her anguished discomfort of being on the edge of her orgasm. Sam didn’t stop her as she impaled herself on him. She straddled him as he stroked her perky breasts and push up inside her, repeatedly, slow then fast. Jo closed her eyes as she took him in as she squeezed tightly, enjoying the range of sensations. He was beyond care about anything other than the moment. He didn’t have to love Jo to enjoy her, though it seemed callous to him, he knew she felt safe with him. But..

Back in Missouri, Dean approached the room to find Cassie in the arms of a tall blonde man. He wore what looked like Dockers, a pale blue polo shirt and brown casual shoes. Dean rolled his eyes as he went into the room he had been given the directions to. He found Megan sitting up as she spoke to the nurse.
“I’m sorry you can’t be in here,” the nurse began.
“Daddy,” Megan said with a grin.
“Or maybe so,” Dean said under his breath as the nurse left them alone in the room.
“Hey Sweetie, how are you?” he asked as he kissed her chubby cheeks before he sat down to hold her hand.
Her other arm was in a cast and she has several bruises on her face, chest, and cheek. He didn’t like the looks of the bruising at all.
“I missed you,” she said as her smile faded.
“Oh I missed you too but you didn’t have to go and have an accident to see me,” he teased her.
“Oh silly daddy,” she said as she indulged him.
She couldn’t keep her eyes off of him and he her. The sat quietly for a moment before she told him what happened.

She had just finished when Cassie finally came in the room.
“So you made it.”
“Yep,” Dean said as he watched Megan again.
His heart ached that he had so little time with her. He was torn by their whole situation.
“Um, can we talk?” Dean asked as he turned to face Cassie with a frown.
“Sure,” Cassie said as she let Megan know they would be back in a moment.
Dean squeezed her hand as he got up to follow Cassie out the door.

The first thing he saw outside was that the tall blonde still waited in the waiting room. He looked up when Cassie came out of the room. Dean motioned for the man to stay where he was.
“We will be back in a minute,” he said in the guy’s general direction.
“Be back in a second,” Cassie said as the guy looked at her to make sure it was okay to leave them alone.
When they had gone as far as the coffee machines, Cassie stopped to look at Dean.

“What the hell is going on with you?”
“Tell me how she got hurt? The truth,” Dean insisted.
“She was with my mom for the day and she rode out toward the sidewalk the same time a guy lost control of his car and ended up on the same sidewalk. It was an accident and the guy is paying for it all.”
Dean looked in her eyes, he hadn’t liked the look of the blonde boyfriend and wanted to make sure the accident was not something else. He sighed. He had been a boyfriend of a woman with a little girl and he had done fine. He knew about boundaries and he wanted to make sure that the boyfriend knew them also. Cassie watched him as he only stared at her.
“Dean I love Megan, I would not allow anything to happen to her on purpose, she is my daughter too, for heaven’s sake.”
“I’ll just say it, that man of yours, he needs to keep his hands off my daughter,” he said before he turned to walk away.
“I agree,” Cassie said to herself.
Vince was the only man she had every opened her heart up to since Megan because she agreed with Dean too often women just weren’t careful with their daughters and their boyfriends. She sighed as they got in the elevator before she let him know she understood his concern.
"Good, that’s all I’m saying,” Dean said.

“His name is Vince and he is a good guy but I get that you love your daughter, I think that's great. Can you give me the benefit of the doubt that I will watch over her?”
Dean looked at her as she tried to be calm. Maybe he had over reacted, maybe he didn’t want Megan to get close to anyone who may be her father some day when she had only begun to get to know him. Maybe it was jealousy, jealousy that might make Cassie suspicious of anything Vince did because sometimes things in your head can become real life.
“I do trust your judgment but I just need you to keep her safe.”
Cassie teared up, “I’m sorry about this accident, I was at work, my mother was so upset with herself they had to sedate her Dean. You have to know this is hard for us too.”
Dean stood by the elevator as Cassie wiped her face, he sighed.
“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have come on so strong. I worry about things lately. Ari and the twins now, Megan. Maybe I will get better.”
“Or not, you know Dean, worry is what you do best. Ask Sam,” she teased him before Vince walked over, while she tried to relax and smile.
“Hey you two okay?”
Dean turned to give the guy his hand.
“Hey, I’m Dean, Megan’s dad.”
“I figured, I’m Vince, Cassie’s future husband, I hope,” he said as Cassie’s mouth fell open.

Sam leaned up as he heard someone knock on the door. He looked around the room to see he was alone. I must have been dreaming, but it felt so real. He reached down to raise the sheet to see he had come on it. One serious wet dream.
“Just a second,” he said as he noticed it was only just after midnight.
He removed the sheets and bundled them up on the floor by the bed, reached in his closet to pull out two light weight blankets to cover the mattress. He took a deep breath as he went to see who was at the door. He was surprised to see it was Missouri.
“Hey Sam, I heard someone at the back door, do you want to check it out?”
“Yeah sure I will be right out.”
Missouri nodded as she shut the door. Sam wondered who would come by so late, they hadn’t heard from Ellen in almost a week.

Sam looked out the window to see a Gray F150 parked on the drive and he could hear voices as they stood on the other side of the door. He held the salt gun in his left hand as he opened the door with his right. He stood at his full height as he looked out at the strangers.
“How can I help you?” he asked.
“Sam, is that you?” the older man asked.
“It’s your cousin, Alec, and Uncle Johnny. You wrote to us a couple of weeks ago, we said we would try to visit on our vacation.”
Sam remembered, they said it was a good time since they were doing their yearly father and son bonding trip. They thought they might stop by to see their kin.

But Sam was still hesitant, it seemed too good to be true. The next sound he heard as his relatives still stood in the yard on the other side of the screen door was Jo as she came up behind him in her nightgown.
“Jo, go get dressed or wait upstairs,” Sam instructed under his breathe.
“Yes, sir boss,” she said as she went back up to the kitchen.
Both men outside chuckled.
“You going to let us in?”
Sam sighed, “ I have to test you first though, to let you in.”
The men looked at one another.
“It may hurt but I have to shoot you with the salt gun.”
“Why?”
“It’s a long story but trust me in my line of work its necessary.”
The older man shook his head, the younger only raised his eyebrows.
“How do we know it won’t kill us?”
“It’s rock salt, it can kill certain types of spirits but only stings humans.”
“Come on, Dad, I will go first, let’s humor him,” Alec said with a grin.

It took a minute for Sam to convince Jo to come back down to block the door just in case. She stood at the door with a pistol in her hand while Sam went out side with the rock salt gun to shoot his cousin in the leg. There was a bit of a ruckus while Alec stopped laughing after he was shot before Johnny took his turn. Sam gathered they may have had a bit to drink during their drive but at least they both passed. Jo giggled as all the Winchesters came in the door then headed downstairs.

Dean watched Vince from the door as he and Cassie visited with Megan. He was convinced that Vince might be a decent guy though he still felt the sting of jealousy that another man was in his daughter’s life. He wanted to be Megan’s hero for some reason it bothered him that she would smile at Vince they way she had at him. He knew he was being stupid, it was good for Megan to have a father figure when he wasn’t around. It was the fact that he was there that was the problem. He had come because he was afraid he would lose his child before he had a chance to know her well. Then he realized that she was calling him.
“Daddy.”
“Yeah,” he said as he went all the way in the room.”
“Can you stay with me while I’m sick?”
“Absolutely,” he said as he took Vince’s place at her side.
Then he saw it, the smile that was for him alone, he leaned up to kiss her forehead before he held her hand again with a huge smirk on his face. This was his little girl.

TBC
Chapter 16 by EdenWrites
Dean went outside to phone Ari before Cassie and Vince took off for the night. He was going to stay at the hospital with Megan because Cassie had to work the next day. For a moment, he stood in the cool night air as he readjusted his jacket after he took out his cell phone. He dialed the number with a smile on his face because he needed to get the right tone in his voice before he spoke to his wife. His wife, he hadn’t thought of that too much the entire day. He was a married man and it settled on him like a warm breeze. All of his life he had avoided relationships because of his job; now he was an old married man. He sighed as he pushed in the number to his house. He knew Ari would be glad to hear that Megan felt better but his mind was full of all the reasons why he should be in a panic at that moment. He had a child that lived across the country was the main reason that jumped to his brain. When did I become such a softie, he wondered as he delayed the pushing of the send button. Sam would laugh if he knew how much he sometimes wished that he had been the one to fall in love. With all that Ari offered him emotionally he was still uncertain as to how he was going to handle the upcoming changes in his life. Am I even equipped? He had always thought his brother would be the one lucky enough to have warm women in his bed and a boat load of children at his feet. It wasn’t that he regretted any of his good fortune he just hoped he would do a good job at parenting as well as being a husband.

“Hey,” he said when Ari picked up.
“Hey yourself, I hoped you would call before we went to bed,” Ari said softly as she ran her fingers through Amber’s hair as she looked up at her.
The little girl had been stroking her stomach for what seemed like ages as she watched the babies move. Ari found it comforting that Amber was fascinated and excited about her upcoming siblings as she was to have a new sister.
“So what’s up?”
“Amber wants to say hi,” she said as she handed over the phone to her daughter as she moved so sit beside her mother and receive the phone.
“Daddy,” she said with a grin.
“Yes Munchkin,” he said with a smile on his face as he sat down on the nearest bench.
“I’m playing with the boys,” she proclaimed.
“Ah, taking my place aye?”
“No Daddy, but its fun I wish you was here,” she said with a smile in her little voice.
“I do too, but your sister is getting better and in a couple of days you will see her when you come with Uncle Sam.”
“Goody, I going to come see Meg, Yeah.”
“Yes, you be good for your mother, okay.”
“I will Daddy, night,” she said before she passed the phone back to Ari.
“So Megan is good you said earlier?”

Dean told her all about what had happened with Cassie and Ari understood both positions.
“Yeah, Dean, you kind of have to give Cassie a break. I’m sure she is doing her best.”
“I know, though I am beginning to feel a bit useless with Megan. With the little time we will be able to see one another I am afraid she might forget me like a visiting uncle,” he said sadly.
“Oh no, that won’t happen, you are her Dad and she will always be happy to see you when you are there. Don’t worry just enjoy what time you have, Sweetie.”
Dean sighed, he knew she was right he had to stop worrying and enjoy his life. He also knew they needed to find the damn demon after he got back home. At least he and Sam needed to get some new leads. Just because they thought they had time until Sam’s vision of the boys facing off with the damn thing didn’t mean they could slack off until then.
“I should get back inside so they can leave. I love you two, talk to you tomorrow….”
“Oh wait.”
“What?”
“I saw Sam shooting some people out back,” she said with a laugh.
“What?” he said as he sat up on the bench with a frown on his face.
Then she explained what Jo had told her about his relatives after Sam had taken them downstairs.
“Oh, okay, I will call him in the morning, I am sure it will be an interesting tale. Talk soon,” Dean rolled his eyes as he hung up the phone, Sam is suppose to be the sensible one.

Sam, Alec and Ben sat around the kitchen table. They had three brews in front of them despite the fact that it was after midnight and two of them seemed to have had already had a bit to drink.
“So Sam, you say your mother was killed when you were six months old? Boy that had to suck,” Alec said with a frown on his handsome face before he took a sip.

His dirty blonde hair and blue/green eyes reminded Sam that this was his family, it soothed him for a moment as he felt a kinship that was foreign to him. Generally, other hunters were the ones that allowed him that measure of familiarity that he craved. It was one of the reasons he had suggested the hunters roadhouse idea to begin with.
“And my brother, John, died almost a year and half ago?”
Sam nodded before he told them the entire story as it began with the night of the fire. He did preface by telling them that it was an unfathomable story. He still had a hard time with it himself at odd moments.

Sam watched their mouths drop open as he emphasized that their Dad took up the research of the supernatural after the incident at their home. Ben shook his head and Sam wondered if he should have waited until they had a good night’s sleep. Then he realized that his uncle was in tears. Alec looked at his father with concern on this face.
“Dad? You okay?”
“I uh? I wish I had known. I mean John was always so damn stubborn and proud.”
“You know maybe this will be easier to follow after you rest,” Sam suggested.
Alec looked from his father to his cousin.
“I doubt there is a good time to talk of things like this,” Alec said as he tried to lighten the mood.
Sam noticed the same smirk that Dean usually wore on his cousin’s face along with the Winchester dimples. He held in a smile. Dean wouldn’t be happy to know it was a family trait when he tried so hard to be different.

---
“Sorry it took so long,” Dean apologized when he returned to the room.
“Oh no problem,” Cassie said before she leaned over to kiss Megan who smiled up at her.
“I’m going to stay with you,” Dean said as Megan watched Cassie walk toward the door.
“Good Daddy, bye Mommy.”
“See you tomorrow,” Cassie said as she turned for a moment to wave at her child before she and Vince left the room.

Deans sat down beside the bed again but within a few minutes he was on top of the covers with a smiling Megan. She put her head on his shoulder before she dozed off to sleep. Little girls, so sweet, he thought. But something about Megan reminded him of another little girl. A girl he used to have dreams about. He hadn’t thought of her in years. She was a little blonde girl with curls and some nights he dreamed that she had lived at their house when he was small. Why hadn’t it ever occurred to him that maybe the little girl was real? Mary smiled from across the room as she watched her son and her granddaughter drift off to sleep.
***

Erin Melody Winchester strode into the main post office not far from her job in downtown Dallas. She was almost five feet nine inches in her stocking feet and sported long blonde locks that touched her shoulders. She was the image of her mother Mary as she rolled her blue green eyes as the two men at the copier looked in her direction though she was flattered. She sighed as she got into the line to pick up the letter that waited for her. She had no idea who had sent it; she had only received a notice in her mailbox to come down and get it. She looked at her Rolex watch as she contemplated if she had time to do the errand and still have her lunch before she went back to work.

She looked down at the notice in her hand to see there was no address to tell who had sent her the envelope she was to pick up and for a moment, she thought it might not have been worth her trip. She tapped her heels on the concrete floor as she waited a moment longer to see that she was next in line. She smiled at the man at the counter as he handed her a brown envelope before she signed her name. Then she was out the door as she headed to lunch before she had to get back to her job as a fashion editor.

Once she was seated at the deli, had her sandwich and drink at her fingertips at the ready for her to eat she reached to open the envelope as it sat on the empty stool beside her at the window. She sighed before she carefully opened the clasp and pulled out two photos and a letter. The photos were of a tall dark blonde with short hair and green hazel eyes that seemed familiar while the other photograph was also of a taller man though his hair was more Brunette and his eyes more brown than green. Erin gasped when she realized these could be her brothers. She hadn’t seen Dean since the night she left to visit her aunt when she was two years old. The other guy might be Sam, her little brother. She wiped her eyes as the tears threatened to over flow. She bit her lip as she read the note.

Erin,
I found your information on the internet and I believe you could be our sister. I am the taller Brunette man in the photographs while the other picture is of Dean. I am writing because our father has died and we hoped to find relatives to let them know. We also would love to have contact because we never have had that chance. If you are the person, born on February 3, 1981 who we believe to be our sister and have a desire to meet Dean and myself, let me know at the email address I have enclosed.
Sincerely, Samuel Francis Winchester


The dreadful night of the fire at her home had occurred while she was out of town with her aunt Jenny. He father had insisted afterward that she was safer far away from him and her brothers. He had visited her a few times over the years and she could tell he never mentioned her to her brothers. He seemed distracted and cold most often when he wasn’t apologizing. It was as though she was not a real part of them. She had never blamed them since they were so young when the tragedy happened. Actually, her life had turned out well. She had gotten over the death of her mother by holding close to her aunt and their family. She was more a part of them then she had ever been a part of her real family because things had changed for her early in life.

Mary watched her daughter with tears in her eyes. What had John been thinking?
However, Mary knew her husband had done his best in most areas of his life, the best for him, anyways. There would have been no way for John to raise a girl the way he had the boys, she had been relieved that his sister had taken Erin in as her own. John believed that boys should be strong, independent, ready to defend themselves and not emotional. That is why he had such a hard time with Sam. Mary had often wished that John had reminded the boys they had a sister instead of pretending she never existed. It was a something she had held against her husband all those years but she was happy to see Erin had done well with her lot in life. She had actually excelled. Mary had been almost grateful that Erin had grown up away from the hunting life, though through John, Erin knew exactly what her father had been up to and the only promise she had made him when she was eighteen was that she would find her brother’s someday. Now with John gone Mary had whispered a hint to Sam about how nice it might be to have relatives in their lives. Mary smiled to herself. This might work out nicely, she thought as she faded away.

***

Sam and Amber arrived at Mrs. Robinson’s home three days after Dean showed up in Cape Girardeau. Amber was excited to be on a trip with her uncle but more happy to get to see Megan and her daddy. She got out of the car almost before it stopped and Sam frowned.
“Amber, stop.”
She turned to look at him with a sad face. He knew she was elated at seeing everyone but she still needed to be safe.
“I Sorry Uncle Sammy,” she said.
The words softened his heart. He walked around to pick her up to hug.
“Don’t be sorry be careful, Munchkin, I don’t want you to get hurt like Meg did.”
“No, I will be good,” she said as he put her back on the ground before he took her hand.

Dean heard them drive up so he answered the door while Mrs. Robinson gathered some drinks in the kitchen.
“Hey Sammy.”
“Dean, it’s Sam, you would think after almost twenty five years you could get it right,” Sam said with a smile.
“Yeah, whatever,” Dean said as Amber grabbed his hand.
“Hi Daddy.”
“Hey Munchkin he said as he ran his hand over her hair.”
“So where is Megan?”
“Upstairs asleep but she is doing better. She is staying here with her grandmother since Cassie works during the day.”
Mrs. Robinson came in with a tray of cookies, coffee and a drink for Amber. The all sat down as they began to chat.

A half hour later, Cassie arrived dressed in her work clothes. She wore a matching navy short skirt and jacket with a off- white top and high heels that drew attention to her legs. Cassie smiled at the sight of Dean, Amber and Sam in the living room with her mother. It wasn’t something she had anticipated to ever see again after her confession to Dean about Megan.
“So you are here to pick up Dean?” Cassie asked as she took off her jacket before she had a seat on the opposite end of the sofa from Dean and Amber.
“Yep but we will stay a couple of days to visit with Megan also,” Sam answered.
“Yea,” Amber said as she looked guardedly up at her daddy.
Dean smiled, “It’s okay to be happy Munchkin,” he said as he ruffled her pig tails.
Amber grinned at him, she thought he was good guy. Dean on the other hand was flying by the seat of his pants lately. He didn’t want to be too lenient with either of his girls but he also did not want to be harsh. He sighed as he tried to relax again in his new role.

***
Ari stood in the living room with her hands on her hips as she watched the news. She was torn between cleaning the kitchen and having a seat to rest. She sighed it was weird to not have Amber around, she missed the kid. She was past missing Dean to being a bit teary eyed that he wouldn’t be back for a few days still. She decided to have a seat. She put her feet up as she remembered what Sam had told her about their relatives.
{Flashback-two nights before}
After Sam had explained the type of business he and Dean were involved in he sat back and waited for the accusations. Though Alec and Ben had both seemed to believe what he told them he still figured they would be skeptical if nothing else.
“So you really kill spirits like poltergeist stuff?” Alec asked.
Sam nodded slowly as he tried to take in the fact that they had not gone running away from the moment he tried to shoot them with the rock salt. If he had been thinking and not half asleep, he would have certainly used another way to verified who they claimed to be. As he eyed his uncle who seemed more sad than anything he whispered under his breath.
“Christo.”
“What did you say?” Alec asked as he leaned closer to Sam who had dipped his head to do the quick test.
“Um, its nothing.”
“It’s another test,” Ben said as he smiled at his nephew.

“You knew about this Uncle Ben?” Sam asked with astonishment in his voice.
“I thought John was nuts when he told me what he was up to, but over the years he… well attempted to get me to see the light.”
“And?” Alec said.
“I though it was grief in the beginning I really wanted him to get help. I loved my brother, Sam, you have to know that. To be honest he scared the sh*t out of me with some of the stories he told me. Over time, I guess I turned my back on him mostly out of fear. He wouldn’t let me take you boys in, he said that you and Dean needed to be in the fight.”
“It’s not your fault our dad was stubborn. I guess all us, Winchesters are in our own way,” Sam consoled the older man.
Alec looked at his father with determination in his face. He wanted to help his father to feel better in anyway possible though he had to consider his own wife and children.
“Sam, I’m glad we had a chance to finally meet you. Wow, I must have been a year old the last time I saw your brother Dean. He was about three I think and your sister was trying to walk,” Alec said.
“What? So we do have a sister?”

Alec looked curiously at Sam.
“Yeah, Sam, her name is Erin. I’m sorry I forgot you are only know looking for relatives. I think it sucked ….”
“It’s not your place son, John did what he thought was right for his daughter.
Sam felt like he might faint, for moment he thought he wasn’t getting enough oxygen in his lungs.
“You okay?” Ben asked.
“Um, yeah I’m fine. I wrote her after I found your information but I was only hoping it was true. Why would my father keep her away from Dean and I?”
Ben shook his head, he expressed that he assumed that they had known but felt the way John did that a girl was safer not being a hunter.
{End Flashback}
Then Ari heard it, a noise outside. It sounded like a thud only a lot louder. A second later the screen door slammed.


TBC
Chapter 17 by EdenWrites
Ari tipped toed to the door and almost ran into Jo as she came into the room. Jo looked angry and a bit shaken.
“Jo what’s wrong?”
“Your friend tried to attack me,…”
“What? Who?,” Ari said as she led Jo to a chair.
“Um, that guy Milton. I saw him out riding when I was out. We rode together, we talked a bit but when we got here he tried to grope me.”
“Really? Milton?”
“Yeah, your friend.”
“Stop calling him that, he sold me a damn horse. That was it. I mean I’m sorry he tried to hurt you. We should call the cops or something.”
“No, I’m fine and he will have hard time riding that horse back home after his nuts met up with my knee. I doubt he will be around again.”
Ari was quiet as she looked at Jo. She felt like the girl blamed her somehow. She didn’t know the guy. She sighed. Breathe, relax.
“I’m sorry, Jo, we really should call someone.”
“That won’t help besides I’m leaving as soon as they get back,” she said before she left the room.
Ari felt sad, she and Jo had begun to get along. She wondered why Jo had decided to leave as she put her feet back up on the ottoman.

Jo went to the kitchen to try to calm her nerves. She made herself a cup of tea the way she had seen Ari do it many times. She boiled the water on the stove then put it in a cup before adding few teas leaves to the brew basket before she set inside it I the mug of water. Somehow the actions always seem to calm Ari so she thought it was worth a shot. She took the mug to the table to wait a few minutes as it steeped. A second later, Chet came in the room with a frown on his face.
“Are you okay?” he asked.
She nodded.
“I saw you beating that guy’s ass or I would have jumped in to help,” he said with a smile for her.
Jo had twisted out of Milton’s hold before she surprised him with a couple of knee kicks to the groin. He had only glared at her before he stumbled to his horse.
“Thanks Chet, I am glad you were there though I had no idea,” she teased him back.
The older man sat down at the table across from her. She could see the worry lines in his face but he had kind eyes. That was what seemed to be missing from Milton, she had thought of that earlier as they rode. For an attractive man he had hard eyes, Jo wondered if it meant anything or if she should mention it to Ari.
“I think something is wrong with that guy,” Chet said before he got up to leave the flat.
“I had the same thought,” Jo said.
as she went ahead to talk to Ari regarding her thoughts on Milton.

Dean and Amber were on the sofa when Megan came down after her nap. The little girl grinned when she saw there was company. She carried her kitten in her free hand the one without the cast. Amber grinned as she saw it but Dean kept her from getting up with a shake of his head. Megan was still a bit bruised from her fall she had to be careful. Megan went straight to her Uncle Sam for a hug.
“Hey, Uncle Sam,” she said with a grin as he held her gently to him as he sat in the chair. Cassie and her mother sat across the room as the watched. Cassie sighed as she again wished that she and Dean had found a way to stay together but she knew it was her fault so it could not be helped.

Megan left Sam’s side to go sit in Dean’s lap a minute later. Amber grinned at her as she leaned on Dean’s leg and let Megan sit down with the kitten. Amber caressed the kitty soft coat gently as Megan smiled at her. Dean seemed a bit uncomfortable with all the attention but he smiled at both his little girls.
“Daddy can we go outside to play?” Amber asked as she looked up at him with love in her eyes.
Megan looked at him too as they waited for an answer. Dean looked around the room since he had no idea what to say. Cassie saw his discomfort and decided to give him a hand as Sam put his head down while he tried no to laugh.
“Well, Meg may be able to go out to tomorrow. How about I go grab some things and you two can play until dinner time in the den?” Cassie said as she went back upstairs.
The girls both looked up at Dean as they waited just before Sam decided to go ahead and take the two into the den to give Dean a break.
“See you in a bit,” Dean said as he leaned his elbows on his knees as he raked his hands through his hair.
“You will do fine,” Mrs. Robinson said before she went back into the kitchen.
“I hope so,” Dean said under his breath as he headed outside for some fresh air.

Alec and Ben settled in at their hunting cabin in Northern Wisconsin. They put their things away as they prepared to eat their leftovers from a stop earlier in the day. Alec pulled the food from the microwave and set it on the table.
“So Uncle John wasn’t crazy after all?” Alec asked as they began to eat.
“No, I can’t say I every thought he was nuts but I feel bad that I never tried to understand him better. I hope we can somehow help out his sons.”
“Don’t forget Erin.”
“As far as I know John told Erin what was going on but begged her to stay out of it.”
Ben explained to Alec that the few times over the last few years that John had met up with him he had been angry and hard to talk to. He had wanted to do something to ease his brother’s burden but had been at a loss as to what he could do. So end the end he had done nothing except advise him to see his daughter before something awful happened to him.
“So he saw Erin or not?”
“He insisted that she was aware of their situation.”
“What does that mean?”
“Your uncle was known for cryptic messages, I just hope it means she knows more than we do about this mess.”

Erin had reread the letter from Sam more times than she could count. It had been more than three days since she received it but now she was in front of the computer. She took a deep breath as she prepared the email. Her father had told her that one day she would hear from her brothers, though she never expected them to be searching for her. She assumed they like her father were only trying to protect her by staying away. She refused to hate her father for the way he handled her existence, but a tear fell as she began to type.

Sam,
I received your pictures and note. I am certain you are my brothers though dad kept us apart for his own reasons. We will discuss them when we meet. Uncle Ben phoned me after he and Alec left you. No need to give me your location, I am not a fan of exchanging that type of information electronically. See you soon, May the Force be with you, LOL.
Love,
Erin


She looked it over with a critical eye, it didn’t say much except that she was going to come to them and that she was their sister. Her Uncle Ben had told her all she needed to verify they were who she had hoped when she first saw their pictures. She admitted to herself she was a bit giddy when she found out her brother was expecting twins with his new wife. Another reason she needed to meet up with her siblings after all these years. The hard part would be to explain it all to Aunt Jenny who was older and not a fan of her deceased brother, John’s actions regarding any of his children. Jenny believed John was negligent though her and her husband had raised Erin in a loving environment full of privilege and opportunity. Erin shook her head as she sent the email and went back to work.

Dean phoned Ari as he leaned against the Impala. He had missed his baby car the few days he had been away. He caressed the metal as he grinned at himself in the mirror. He didn’t see Sam as he looked out the window with a smile. Dean, he would never totally change in a way it’s a comfort.
“Hey Baby,” Ari said when she picked up her cell as she ran her hand over he growing belly.
“Hey yourself.”
“Tell me you are leaving for home tomorrow,” she said with sadness in her voice.
“The day after, are you okay?”
“Yeah…um just missing you and Amber,” she said as she tried to pull herself out of her funk.
She told him what had happened to Jo and Dean was surprised. He expressed that he wasn’t sure what could be done about the guy legally without bringing attention to them.
“Well Jo is leaving she says Sam is not interested even though she confessed she loves him now and she is going to go hunting for a while alone.”
“Great.”
“I know I will talk to her again.”
Dean shook his head. Maybe Jo needed to be on her own again, she seemed to excel more that way. In the back of his mind he was unconvinced that she should be out their hunting by herself, most hunters did better with help. It was the nature of the profession, someone to protect your back if things went south. He raked his hands through his hair again. A few months ago and they may have been on the road with Jo, traveling, hunting and all the other things that had become their life. But things in his life had changed for the better in one sense. Okay in all senses, but he had begun to feel a bit out of control in his own skin, it was a feeling he disliked strongly.

“How are the boys?” he asked as he changed the subject.
“They are fine making their mother look like a blimp.”
“That will not happen, Sweetie, you are a sexy mama. I will be more than willing to prove it when I get back.”
He said it because it was true in his eyes, he could see her blossoming figure in his mind and the thought turned him on. She was still petite but her over sized stomach looked like little more than a basketball. He never expected that he would be attracted to a pregnant woman. He supposed being in love with her made all the difference.
“Oh I’ll be waiting for that,” she said with a smile in her voice.
“Take care and stay safe, Katarina,” he said with a smile in his voice.
“Oh that was naughty,” Ari said sultrily.
“That will keep you thinking about me,” he said as he closed his eyes for a moment.
They said their goodbyes a few moments later then hung up.

Jo came in the room after she was certain Ari was off the phone. She joined her on the sofa before Ari turned off the television.
“I was talking to Chet and he noticed the same thing about Milton that I did.”
“What was that?”Ari asked with a frown.
“Something isn’t right about Milton. I don’t know if you want to invest in a restraining order to be safe or what but I thought you should know,” Jo said before she began to get up before Ari stopped her with a touch on the arm.
“Jo I have no interest in Milton, he knows we do not want him around. We just don’t have the luxury of involving the police,” Ari reasoned.
“I know I just want you to remember to be careful, earlier I didn’t mean to upset you,” Jo said with a soft smile as she left he room.
“No problem.”

That night Dean let Sam sleep in the guest room while he took the sofa. He tossed and turned as he dreamed of the little blonde girl again. She was outside their old home in her blue dress that seemed to make her eyes appear more blue. She looked up at him as though she thought he were an angel.
“Dean,” she said with a smile.
“Who are you?” he asked as he knelt down in front of her while she sat on the swing set.
“You don’t know?” she asked sadly.
“Erin? Your name is Erin, right?”
She nodded slowly as her grin returned.
“I’m your sister.”
Dean woke up with a start to found himself on the floor. It was a good thing he had moved the table over or he would have landed on top of it. He sat back down on the sofa for a moment before he went out to the patio. Sam was already there with his laptop in his lap.

He looked up when he saw Dean in the door. He motioned for him to come out.
“Hey what’s up, bro?”
“Um I got the email from the lady I sent the pictures to.”
“So what’s the verdict?” Dean asked hesitantly.
“She is our sister Dean, it’s Erin the one that Uncle Ben told me about.”
Dean looked curiously at his brother, before the anger showed up in his eyes.
“Why the hell would dad hide our sister from us? I mean I could see from the “bad guys” but from us?”
He took a deep breath. He had listened to all the their father ever told him and done it all for the sake of the cause but this was beyond anything that he would have imagined. John Winchester the man that had demanded devotion who had taken his sons lives and twisted them into something abnormal and vengeful. He sighed, No I have to believe there was a reason. Dad loved us even though he had no idea how to show it most often at the end he thanked me. I have to keep that in mind. Damn it, why couldn’t their mother have just lived a long life.
“Sam, I just had a dream about a girl named Erin.”
“What?”
“I have had them over the years, I kind of had a breakdown after mom died..”

“What? You never told me that. What happened?”
Dean told him how for days after the fire he sat blankly without responding. So much so that their father had been tempted to take him to a hospital but instead had taken him to see Missouri. She nurtured him back to health and responsiveness but the dreams began after that.
“So somewhere in that time you forgot about her?”
“She wasn’t there during the fire, I don’t know what happened. Dad told me once that it was like a snapshot in time. What I recalled was only a part of our lives, like I lost some memories.”
“But the dreams?”
“I,, never told anyone until just now. It was so long ago I didn’t connect it until tonight.”


TBC
Chapter 18 by EdenWrites
Dean had decided to give the sofa another try but when he woke up the next morning, he heard the sound of little voices, that said “Shhh, Shhhh.” Dean laughed to himself until he felt a slight weight on his chest. Then the feel of something wet against his nose, followed by a soft “meow.” Dean opened his eyes to see the tabby stared down at him. He smiled before he turned his head toward the sound of the giggles before he sat up all the way.
“Daddy.”
“Daddy,” Megan echoed.
“Okay which one of you munchkins put the kitty on me?” he asked as he pretended to be angry, but only for a moment.
“Uh,” Amber said as she bit her lip because she thought she was in trouble.
“Abby did it,” Megan blurted out.
“No Daddy she did,” Amber said with a frown as she pointed at her sister.
So this is what it was like to have a sister, Sam all over again.
“Well who ever did gets tickles,” he said with a grin as they both burst out in laughter.
Cassie watched from the door, where she smiled as the scene unfolded before her. She should have known Dean would rise to the occasion. He seemed to surprise her all the time, especially lately with Megan.

Dean sat the kitten on the floor as he reached for both girls to tickle them. He was gentle with Megan because of her arm but she laughed louder than Amber as she enjoyed her father’s attention. Amber didn’t seem to mind as he tickled her tummy next. Cassie went all the way in the room to remind them why she sent them to get their father.
“Hey, hey, you two, I sent you to get your daddy for a reason.”
“Oh yea, Daddy the food is ready,” Megan said as she grinned at her mother.
“Yeah, Uncle Sam is going to eat it all,” Amber said with a laugh.
“Sam is eating?” Dean said as he put the girls on the floor as he feigned concern before he took their hands to lead them to the kitchen while Cassie followed behind.
“Sammy slow down save the rest of us some food,” Dean said to his brother who was in deep concentration over his plate while Mrs. Robinson readied her plate so she could eat.
Sam looked up with a “huh” expression on his face before he went back to eating.

Amber sat down beside Sam while Megan slowed around until Dean had a seat. She stood in front of him with a grin.
“You want to sit with me?” Dean asked before she nodded and looked in her mother’s direction.
“Sure, come on Baby Girl,” he said before he pulled her on to his lap side ways.
It was a good thing she wanted to sit with him since she needed to eat with her left hand since she was right handed. He fed her in between bites out of his own plate. Amber didn’t seem to mind as she smiled from her spot beside Sam. Sam shook his head, he had no idea how they had ended up in this situation. He knew that his older brother was in over his head, but he was happy Dean seemed to have begun to take it in stride. Sam recalled how hard it had been for Dean to say goodbye to Megan the first time and wondered how he would do so soon again. He watched his brother as he carefully feed his child, maybe too much so for her age, but Dean didn’t know any better. Sam grinned when Megan turned to her father to remind him she wasn’t a baby. Dean wasn’t insulted as he smiled at her with indulgence in his eyes before he tweaked her nose.

After breakfast, Cassie left for work while the rest wondered over to the park. Dean and Sam walked behind the girls and Cassie’s mother, Diane. Sam smiled as Amber took Megan’s hand as they giggled.
“Dean, I am afraid that I do not see how you are going to handle everything, though I admire you for even trying,” Sam said.
“Well first I have given Cassie the charms for Megan and herself as well as directions on what to do at the house. Diane knows everything Cassie does about the wards. Secondly, they can contact us at anytime if they need to. Finally, Megan is going to come stay with us after the babies come at least for a month, Cassie has agreed to that, so Megan and I can look forward to that time.”
“Um, well you have thought about it. You aren’t just hoping for the best,” Sam said with a smile at his brother.
Dean frowned.
“Dude, you thought I wouldn’t make plans for my kid? Who the hell do you think you’re dealing with?” Dean asked with raised eyebrows.
“I, …uh, I’m sorry,” Sam began to apologize.
“You are such a P*ssy,” Dean laughed as it became apparent to Sam that Dean was harassing him.
Sam had to laugh at himself. He knew Dean had a good heart, he was certain he would do his best despite the danger they were all in.

***

Erin’s visit to tell Aunt Jenny about her email from Sam did not turn out as well as she dared hope. The older woman ranted about her brother John as if he were a stranger.
“He was your brother, I cannot believe that you hate him even in death. All those years I lived under your roof you have never behaved with so little respect of my father. He is your own flesh and blood…”
“I call as I see it. When your mother died he was supposed to come back for you but he kept putting it off. Then he gave us some crazy tale about demons and monsters, well we thought he was drunk. Your uncle and I assumed the boys were with Mary’s family and would be fine…”
“But?”
“Hold on, I found out Ben had had the same conversation with him, except Ben seemed to believe him. I thought they were both nuts.”
“My father never lied to me. When I was old enough to understand, I did. He told me all he knew. He told me things that even Sam and Dean do not know. Aunt Jenny, I am the freaking missing link.”
“I have no idea what you mean. But you are wrong I do not hate your father, but I felt sorry for him. I kept you here so you would not be poisoned by his revenge on whatever it is he had to avenge.”
Mary watched from the corner of the room as she cringed.
“Snooping again?” the Yellow Eyed Demon asked her.
“Look, you don’t need anymore Winchester blood why don’t you move along?” Mary asked.
“Well maybe blood isn’t what I’m after. I know it pains you to see me hanging around your only daughter, but I promise she is safe,” he said before he faded away.
Mary didn’t breathe easy, she knew what Erin meant about the missing link but she was curious as to what the YED was up to.

Erin turned on her aunt with confidence in her eyes.
“I’m sorry if you don’t approve of how my father lived his life or chose to raise my brothers, but I can’t do anything about that. I am thankful for all you have given me but the next time we speak you will have to initiate contact. I have several projects to complete before I go visit my brothers.”
Erin hugged Jenny stiffly as she left her former home for the last time. Jenny watched her from the window before she headed to the telephone. She racked her fingers through her stylishly long red hair.
“Yeah, she is gone. She believed that I hated my brother that was hard to pull off. Missouri what is going to happen?”
“Honey, she needs to be free of ties from her upbringing when she visits her brothers. It’s what John wanted, it sounds like you did well.”
“Okay, well call if there is anything else I can do.”
“Absolutely.”
Mary stood in shock at what she heard of the conversation. She had decided to hang around a few more minutes only to hear that Missouri was in cahoots with Jenny. She sighed, what the hell is going on?

***

That night, Ari watched Chet from the patio as he grilled the steaks. They had decided the slight cool none humid night was a great opportunity to relax outside. Jo walked around to bring Ari a cold virgin daiquiri while she carried a bottle of Budweiser for herself and a Coors for Chet. She sat the drinks down on the table as they waited to eat.
“Hey Chet, those almost done?” Jo asked with a smile at the older man.
“Yeah just about, a few more minutes and it will be done.”
Ari laughed if Chet wasn’t so much older than Jo, they would be a perfect couple. She loved to tease him and he seemed immune to her smart-ass attitude.

Ari rubbed her stomach as she took a deep breath. This is a nice beautiful night, Dean will leaved Missouri to come home tomorrow morning, I should be happy, she thought. Ari was concerned because it seemed to her that her stomach had doubled in size in the last week. Though the idea of her being fat was a constant struggle in her mind her most persistent fear was one of rejection from Dean. She looked down at her wedding ring for reassurance something she had begun to do often during the day. Thankfully her fingers had not swollen so much that the ring wouldn’t fit, it was something that made her smile.

Jo noticed Ari’s distress and asked her what was wrong. Ari hesitated to tell her even though they had begun to get closer since the discussion that was forced on them by Dean.
“It silly, you know I actually read its common to feel really disfigured while you are pregnant,” Ari said as she bit her lip.
“Well you are having twins, you kind of need to be big,” Jo said with a smile.
“That’s what Dean says.”
“I guess he has been reading those books Sam got for him, at least he is learning something.”
“Yeah he has been better than I expected from him.”
“He can be surprising,” Jo said before she noticed that Chet was bringing the food to them on plates.
Chet grinned at the two ladies as he handed each a plate with a steak, and a baked potatoes. The salads were already on the make shift table. They all sat down to enjoy their meal as the sun settled into the horizon.
“It’s a beautiful night,” Chet said a bit wistfully.
“Yeah, it is nice. I am getting used to this country living. Mom would have loved it here,” Ari added sadly.
“Well, but you believe your mother is in a better place for her condition right?” Jo asked as she took her first bite of her meat.
“I do she had been sick a while and since she didn’t want medicines it’s good she died in her sleep. It was peaceful and I think she could see that I would be fine with Dean. She told me once after I met him that he was… the one.”
“Cool, you were taken care of and so she was a peace,” Jo added.

***

That night after everyone was asleep Dean spoke with Sam again about Erin. He still couldn’t believe that he had a sister. All the years he assumed it was only him and Sam he never considered they had a sibling.
“So what now I have the shining too?” Dean said to Sam as they sat on the patio while they cleaned their weapons, mostly for something to do.
“Well it is weird that you would dream about her. But I do think it was just a memory from when you had that break down. I mean you were young, though it sucks that Dad did this.”
“But he had his reasons, I mean look how that damn thing has haunted our every move.”
Of course he would agree with dad.
“Damn it Dean you still can’t find it in your stubborn head to be angry at Dad?”
“No, I can’t. He did things to protect us, Sam, he thanked me for all those years that I obeyed him. For not bucking his every word, for taking care of you though I would not have considered anything else.”
“Seriously, Dean, you and Dad had chick flick moment?”
“Yeah, I guess we did,” Dean said with a smile.
It was the moment before he had told Dean that he might have to kill his brother. It would have been a good time to share about his sister, Dean admitted to himself.

“We're still missing some of this puzzle I think,” Sam said.
“Well we know the demon wants you to go “dark side” to help his cause.”
“Yep.”
“We know Dad basically hid Erin away though she knows what we do, which will help when she comes to visit.”
“Yeah she mentioned she wanted to come when the twins are born.”
“We will have a house full then, huh, with Missouri, Megan and Erin plus two crying infants,” Dean said with a huge grin.
Sam laughed to himself, Dean was getting used to the idea.
“Yeah, those two o’clock feedings will be fun for you and Ari.”
Dean groaned, so maybe he hadn’t thought so much about that part yet. He really enjoyed sleeping through the night, but oh well. He smiled when he remembered his earlier conversation with Ari.

{Flashback – earlier that night}
Ari came in after the meal on the patio to find her she had a message on her cell phone. She assumed it was Dean and it was. She listened then returned his call.
“Hey,” she said with a sigh.
“How are you tonight?”
“Fine, we just had a nice outdoor meal. There was an awesome sunset that I wished you could have seen.”
“Sounds nice. So you said Jo is leaving,” he said as he surveyed the area outside out of habit while he leaned against the car.
“Yeah, but not til you three return. She insists she is going up North for a bit to see some friends, but will visit us again.”
“Well she is a big girl, I think she will be fine.”
“Dean I am big as a house, I wouldn’t blame you if you…” Ari blurted out.
Dean heard the fear and anxiousness in her voice. It bothered him that she was still insecure about her weight. It was one of her faults that frightened him.

“If I what? Sweetie, you have to get pass this. It’s not healthy.”
“You will see what I mean.”
“What I will see is that you are going to have those little ones very soon. You know I really can’t wait now.”
Good idea change the direction of her thoughts.
“No?”
“Sam thinks I may even be getting better with kids,” Dean laughed.
Ari laughed too, he was already really good with Amber.
“Well I thought I would warn you.”
“We have two months to go, right?”
She nodded then realized he could not see her.
“Yea about that, the doctor said they would probably be early.”
“Good to hear, I am impatient to meet little John and Gary.”
“Thank you, Dean, I hope you don’t regret this.”
The only thing I regret is bringing all of the innocent people I love into my hell. I hope she won’t regret, us.
“No Sweetie, I love you,” Dean said and he meant it. It was no longer just words he said to get used to saying them, they had meaning. He groaned inwardly, he would die for his family he swore that to himself everyday. Then the thoughts of leaving them with hopes that they would be safer without him and Sam around would come to him. Ari had no idea how much he wanted their lives to be normal. Though she had accepted the supernatural elements with stride but wrestled with her weight issues in her head. Maybe we all have our own personal demons to fight.
{End Flashback}

“Well I know it will be hard but believe it or not I look forward to it.”
“I know Dean I can tell. Your attitude has gone from what the hell to I can do this in the last seven months,” Sam said.
“Okay Uncle Sammy, you can be godfather is you take some of those feeding times in my place,” Dean teased.
Sam beamed. He hadn’t thought about that much. He was going to be an uncle again, this time he would see the babies while they were small. He loved kids; his heart soared. He had spent most of Ari’s pregnancy worrying that Dean might split. More than once he had panicked when he saw the Impala gone with Dean inside of it then been relieved when his brother returned from an errand. He could never allow Dean to find out he had such thoughts about him because he would be truly hurt. He smiled at his brother as he put his gun back together. It was only fitting the Winchester brothers would know how to handle guns.

Missouri phoned Bobby after she got off the phone with Jenny to tell him that Erin would be in the mix after the twins were born.
“Well at least John will get his last request, his children would be all together again.”
“He would have loved to see it I’m certain, but the time was never right,” Missouri said as she settled down to sit on her sofa.
“Those boys are going to be surprised to see their sister is a full fledged huntress.”
Missouri laughed, yeah they will be. But the time was finally ripe for the Winchester children to come into their own. John would be happy despite his present location.


TBC
Chapter 19 by EdenWrites
Cassie had a talk with Dean before they left the next morning. They sat out on the patio with coffees in hand.
“I know you said you didn’t want to hear that I was sorry again, Dean, but….”
He looked at her with her hair in a ponytail and her face devoid of makeup and he could still see the woman he loved years ago. He sighed against the brightness of the early sunrise.
“Yeah?”
“Now I guess I just wish you could have been there when she was born. It’s silly but she was beautiful and she reminded me so much of you. I should never have hesitated to give you a call about her. You deserved to know.”
“Well we are past that now. Um, promise you want forget the amulets and salt lines. You need to be careful with Megan and have someone you trust with her at all times,” Dean said as he looked over at Cassie, as she seemed suddenly uncomfortable.

“Of course, you know my mother keeps her during the day though until the accident she was in day care a couple days a week. Now I don’t think it’s a great idea, I’m trying to find an alternate idea. What do you think?” she said as she put her cup down on the table.
“I don’t know Cassie you know the people in your town who to trust and who not to,” Dean said brusquely.

He took a deep breathe, he so needed his daughter to be safe but what could he do. He couldn’t be everywhere at once. His heart hurt with the thought that Cassie may not take the possible danger seriously even though he had already let Diane, Cassie’s mother know he hoped they would be extremely careful. It wasn’t that he thought Cassie was flighty but after she had contacted him, he had told her plainly that acknowledging him, as Megan’s father may not have been the wisest plan considering his profession. If he had only known ahead of time, he may have been able to see his daughter secretly. He had no idea if the demon where aware of the change of events in his life. Sam’s lack of dreams about Megan was disheartening and encouraging at the same time.
“You are right I’ll figure it out,” she said confused at his attitude change.
---

Mary watched Megan as she began to wake up that morning. She stretched, yawned and then smiled. Mary smiled at her granddaughter, though she did not think the little girl saw her as some children did. When children are younger, she had been told that little ones could see beyond the veil between the seen and unseen world. Megan climbed out of the bed, dressed with some difficulty before she put on her sling for her arm then headed down the stairs.

Cassie and Dean saw her before they heard her as she ran barely contained out to the patio.
“Mommy?”
“Morning Sweetie,” Cassie said as Megan ran to Dean to sit in his lap.
“Hey Daddy,” she said as adjusted her sling properly on her arm before she smiled at him.
“Hey Baby Girl,” he said with a grin he knew she didn’t really like the nickname but it made her smile.
“Oh Daddy,” she laughed as she got up to pull him out the patio toward the kitchen.
Cassie laughed at the two of them as she followed and almost ran head on into Sam who had Amber in his arms. The little girl was laughing too. Girls, girls, girls.
--
The yellow-eyed demon stood outside the house, since he could not get in. He contemplated if the Winchester girl had any gifts. He would need an inside person for that job. He sighed as he faded away, what are the Winchesters up to?

A couple hours later, Sam and Amber waited in the car while Dean said his goodbye to Megan. Cassie stood in the kitchen to keep from interfering with what had to be hard for both Dean and his child. He held her gently in his arms as she looked innocently at him.
“Can I go Daddy?”
“I wish you could but we will see you soon when Missouri brings you to see your little brothers, okay?”
Megan nodded as she tried not to cry, she was a big girl she kept a smile on her face though her sad eyes told the true story.
“Okay,” she said finally as Dean kissed her nose.
“I love you,” he whispered in her ear as though it was the biggest secret ever.
“I love you too,” she said as she squeezed her eyes shut as she used her free hand to put on his shoulder as she lay her head down for one more moment.
Dean sighed as he sat her down before he winked at her, waved to Cassie who was at the window then he walked to the Impala with heavy steps. He knew he had to be strong or he was going to come unglued.

Damn it, he thought. He had loved Cassie like no other woman before her and they had a child why couldn’t that be easy? But now he was in a completely different phase in his life and even that he could not enjoy because of the evil that haunted his every step. He hid in the shadows under assumed names, he couldn’t earn a living because there were people who wanted to put him away, he was going to be a father again, so many things that he never planned on. He got in the car and waved a last time to his sad little girl before he saw Cassie take her inside with her.
“I know that was hard,” Sam said as he looked over at his brother.
Dean didn’t answer as he backed up the car and noticed that Amber was already asleep under a blanket that covered her car seat. He had to smile at her and how she had become comfortable in the old car. He admitted to himself he didn’t regret all the new people he had come to love.

Ari was glad to hear that her husband was on the way back home. She sighed as she stood in the middle her room while she wondered what she could accomplish before he returned. She was never one who enjoyed being idle, she liked crafts such as needlepoint, a bit of painting, and had made a few ceramic pots since they made the move. She sat down on the bed when she felt a bit light headed, then decided a nap might be nice before she began a new project.

On their second rest stop, Dean offered to take Amber in to go to the little girl’s room. He carefully checked the women room for large insects, other ladies or hidden men. Then he allowed Amber to go in with a reminder about the use of toilet paper that Ari had given him, use lots of it on the seats, she had insisted. Amber nodded as he stood on the outside of the door to wait. He tapped his feet as he waited and hummed a song. Inside the little stall, Amber did her best to cover the seat with paper then she hoisted her self up to sit on it and held on to the sides so as not to fall in the large cavern of a toilet. When she was done and hopped down the paper fell everywhere. She simply grabbed more from the roll to wipe and left a big paper mess. But she felt she had done a good job.
“Amber you okay in there?” Dean asked after a few minutes.
“Okay Daddy,” she said as she tried to reach the sink to wash her hands not realizing she had paper hanging out of her panties.
“Almost done?”
“I need help washing my hands,” she said as she walked up beside him without his knowing.
“Gee you scared me,” he said with a smile as he picked her up to go back in the bathroom so he could hold her up to wash her hands in the sink, before he realized Sam’s wipes might be better.
Before the left they room he got rid of the paper from her shoe and other parts hanging from her. They laughed as the left the room only to run into a lady who stared at them suspiciously. Amber took Dean’s hand.
“Come on Daddy,” the little girl said as Dean smiled at the lady.

“What took you so long?” Sam asked as he yawned.
“All the paper,” Amber said.
“Yeah your niece made a mess,” Dean laughed.
“Mommy says don’t touch the potties so I had to cover everything,” she said with a giggle.
Laughter filled the car as they backed out of the parking space. Dean would have never imagined they would have a car seat in the Impala let alone a cute little girl that would make them laugh.

Early that afternoon, Jo was in the living room with the remote in hand when she heard a knock on the back door. She went down to see who it was after she grabbed the shotgun. She raised an eyebrow when she saw a tall blonde on the other side of the door.
“Hi?” she said as she leaned against the wooden door while the stranger stood on the outside of the screen door.
“Hey, you must be Jo. I am Erin, Dean and Sam’s sister.”
“Really?” Jo asked as she raised her eyebrows.
The girl was tall almost as tall as Dean with hazel/green-blue eyes and round face, but she was beautiful and Jo self-consciously pulled herself up to full height. Erin gave Jo a small smile as she waited to be allowed into the house. She knew they hadn’t expected her until the next month at least but she had become impatient since her correspondence with Sam. Though she would more than likely have to leave and return for her nephew’s birth.

“Stay here,” Jo said as she closed the door before she climbed the stairs to go back up to the kitchen.
She was about to pour holy water in to a glass when she saw Ari watched her from the hallway.
“What’s up?”
“Um there is someone who says she is Erin outside I just need to test her.”
Ari nodded as Jo took the water back down the stairs to the door. She opened and held the door open with her foot then noticed that Ari was beside her to hold the gun. Both ladies watched as Erin drank the water with no problem and handed back the glass with a smile. Jo was not quite satisfied as she eyed the blonde who seemed to maintain her calm even though neither of them had moved to let her in.
“CHRISTO,” Jo shouted.
Erin didn’t blink but only crossed her arms over her chest with a small smile.
“Okay Jo I think she is safe,” Ari conceded as they opened the door to let Erin in finally.

“I’m sorry,” Ari said as Erin followed her up the stairs.
“Don’t be it’s a good idea to test anyone who visits especially in your condition.
Jo followed the up to the kitchen and they all headed toward the living room to have a seat.
“Hey do you want a drink?” Ari asked after she realized her error in hospitality.
“Sure do you have any brews?” Erin asked as the all stopped in the hallway.
“Typical Winchester,” Jo said with a laugh as she went back to the kitchen to get them drinks.
A juice for Ari and beers for her and Erin.

After they were all situated; Erin on the sofa with Ari and Jo in a chair beside the coffee table.
“So Erin tell us all about yourself,” Jo said as she settled into her chair.
“Well, I’m sure the guys told you I grew up with our aunt and uncle. But they don’t exactly know how often I saw Dad yet because we haven’t had a chance to have a real chat. Sam and I shared a couple emails but so far that’s it.”
“You know about the supernatural?” Ari asked
Erin nodded,” I did a few hunts with dad the times he disappeared.” She cringed she enjoyed the times she had with her father even if it was mostly on hunts, but John Winchester was not a girly guy. He had tried to be nice but he had a natural hardness from his time in the marines. He would either treat her as a china doll or as one of his sons; there was rarely a middle ground. Though he was never abusive he was just Dad to her she was sure her brothers had the same experience, maybe more intense. Her father’s desire for revenge had consumed him at times even when he was with her. She often wondered if his hunting was guilt from not being able to save their mother of if there was something deeper.

“So Ari, has Dean taught you anything about what he does?” Erin asked.
“Well,” Ari said as she looked down at her stomach with a grin.
“Um, before you were pregnant?” Erin laughed.
“Yeah before this happened actually Jo taught me about machetes, guns, and we did some hand to hand training while Sam and Dean where away.”
“She was a fast learner too, it was kind of fun to train a girl,” Jo said with a smile after a sip of her brew.
“So what made you believe in the hype of the ghosts and demons?” Erin asked no one in particular?
Jo told about her family’s history and how her father had begun to hunt when he was young after his mother was killed mysteriously. Then her grandfather had killed himself and things went to hell according to her. Her father had actually met her mother, Ellen, on a hunt.
“I didn’t know that,” Ari said with an upraised eyebrow.
“Yeah, ghost hunting was our family business too,” she said.
“Sounds like we are from some really strange families. What about you Ari?”

Later that night after a time of bonding with one another Ari went off to bed while Jo and Erin tried to think up something they could do for the twins.
“Well we don’t have friends here except one another so whatever we do it has to be led by us or just us,” Jo said.
“I was thinking maybe we can go shopping for her, you said she only has a few outfits for the boys, right?”
“That’s an idea we could go in the morning, maybe get a few other things,” Jo said with a grin.
“And we can make it all a surprise,” Erin said as they cut out the lights for the night.
Jo agreed that they should leave early so they would not be tempted to tell Ari what they were up to, before she went up to her room and Erin went to the guestroom.

Dean called Ari when they stopped for the night.
“So Erin is there, already? Why?”
“Not sure she was anxious to see us all I guess. She has a month off because she has not taken a lot of her vacation since she had her job the last five years. I guess her time hunting was before she became editor of the magazine where she works.”
“Oh so she hunted with dad?” Dean asked as she stretched out on the bed and avoided Amber’s flying arm at the same time.
Dean swore she slept like Sam, he wondered how two unrelated people could be so much alike. Maybe they should have gotten separate rooms so he could have his own bed, though he planned to sleep on the sofa before she begged him to stay with her. Though he still thought it a better idea for him to move when she was settled better, so he had his own stretch out space.
“Oh, I thought you knew,” Ari said as she rubbed her stomach.
She felt uneasy but was unsure why, then she felt a pain. Just a dull ache in her lower stomach that came and went quickly.
“No, I only know what Sam learned from the emails. So what do you think of her?”
“She seems nice. Um, she is outgoing…”
“Something wrong you don’t seem that happy to have met her.”
Ari swallowed, then took a deep breath. She had a bad feeling her pain was going to get worse, but it wasn’t the time to tell Dean. He was too far away and she needed him to get back safely so she sucked it up and kept talking as though nothing was happening. In her heart she believed her labor pains had begun, early.

Ari slept about four hours that night, though the pain wasn’t bad only disturbing she called the doctor who insisted she was fine. He did tell her if she really wanted to come in then she should but she declined that night. When she woke up the next morning she felt fine and in her mind she wondered why the babies seems so quiet even though she knew they shouldn’t move around a lot because she was in her last trimester. She dressed and tried not to think of it but she was concerned and went to ask someone to take her to the doctor. She found a note on the kitchen table that let her know that Erin and Jo had gone out so she went in search of Chet.

She found him under the hood of the truck, tinkering.
“Hey Chet, good morning. Could you um take me to the clinic?” she asked him calmly.
She looked at her with a curious look on his face.
“Is it time? Should I call Dean?”
“Oh no don’t do that I just want to see the doctor about something and he suggested I come in,” she lied.
She really didn’t need anyone to panic especially herself. He agreed and she went to put her shoes on. She sighed as she checked her face and hair in the mirror, when did I become so vain?

When they arrived at the hospital Chet ran around to help Ari from the car; his face told the story that he didn’t believe that nothing was wrong.
“Chet, everything will be fine okay,” she assured him.
“Okay,” he said as he opened the door before he followed her inside the cool building.
The doctor came out to get her right away since she had called ahead and he checked her over and found the babies’ heart beats to be strong.
“See I told you not to worry. You are fine as well as the twins,” he said with a smile.
“Okay but I’m glad I came in to be certain.”
He nodded as he left the room for her to get dressed again and came back when she was done. He sent her home with a smile on his face. He let her know that even though the babies might be early everything was going along well.


TBC 
Chapter 20 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
This is the Conclusion of Story Two of the Road House Series.  I hope you have enjoyed the Winchesters and their new way of life.  Thanks for reading. 
Later that evening, after Jo and Erin appeared again with packages while Ari sat in front of the television asleep. Erin shook her awake with a hand to the shoulder.
“Hey, you feeling okay?” she asked.
“Yeah, I’m good,” Ari said as she noticed the grins on their faces as she sat up on the sofa.
“We got some things for you and the twins, do you want to open them now or wait for Dean?” Jo asked.
A smile appeared on Ari’s face. She hadn’t expected anything from anyone but it was nice to be treated special. Often she missed having friends around her. It had been almost two years since she left New York and her circle of buddies that she had spent quite a bit of time around.
“Um, I can open them now I am sure Dean will not be interested unless you have something that is you know, manly for him to see,” Ari said with a smile.
The other two women only shrugged at one another.

“No I think this is more of a girl thing.” Jo said.
Erin gave Ari the first bag and she pulled out a large wrapped gift. She wiped away a tear as she opened the box. Inside were baby bumpers for the cribs, sheet sets and small pillows. The next package held several baby outfits, a few bibs, rattles and tee shirts. The following one was cloth diapers, a pacifier, towels, onesies, and baby shoes. Ari was overwhelmed before she noticed two large boxes still near the door.
“Oh you two went overboard didn’t you?” she asked as they laughed.
“Well it’s all stuff you will need eventually. I know you are getting another car to fit the car seats in since both you and Dean’s cars are not the right size for all of you. We just wanted to help,” Jo said.
“Yeah, Jo went overboard but she insisted she doesn’t get to shop very often,” Erin said in defense of her new friend.
“I’m speechless. This is a lot of stuff,” Ari said as she heard the sound of the back door shut.
“Sounds like they made it,” Jo said as she left the room.
Erin sat on the sofa beside Ari to help her put the things away.
“Wait maybe Dean will want to see them,” Ari said as she stood up to put the items on the other end of the sofa, “Thanks for all of this, I was going to go shopping but haven’t had much energy.”
“It’s not a problem it was fun,” Erin said as she gave her a hug.

“Hey,” Dean said as he came in the room.
His face was one big smile when he saw Ari then recognized Erin from the picture she sent Sam.
“Hi,” Erin said a bit shyly.
“Hey,” he said before Ari went into his arms.
Ari’s heartbeat faster as he held her, she never felt truly at home unless he was with her. She still couldn’t believe all that had happened with them. First meeting at an unlikely place for her, then that had fallen deeply in love and now they were having twins. She bit her lip as she looked into his green eyes. Dean smiled down at her. He noticed she was a bit larger but even he knew it was expected. He thought she was more beautiful than ever, of course he knew he was biased since she was his wife.
“I should give you two a moment alone,” Erin began.
Dean stopped her from leaving with a hand to her arm. For long moments, he only looked at his sister. How could he have forgotten her? It still bothered him.
“It’s okay, stay,” he insisted as he stood back and realized the items in the room where baby things.
“Oh, Erin and Jo went shopping for the twins,” Ari supplied when she noticed his look of curiosity on his face.
“Yeah? Looks like they cleaned them out,” he teased.
“It was fun,” Erin said just before Sam came in the room with Amber and Jo at his heels.

“Mommy,” Amber said as she went to her mother who had sat back down on the sofa.
“Hey Munchkin, were you good for your Daddy and Uncle Sam?”
“Yep,” she said.
Ari looked at Dean he was the one who always used that word, “yep”. He shrugged innocently. Sam was quiet as he took in his sister. Dean cleared his throat.
“Say something, Sammy,” Dean said with a grin.
“It’s Sam,” he said to Dean, “You are early,” he said to Erin who could only smile at his expression of disbelief.
“Yeah I came in yesterday; I couldn’t wait to meet you.”
“CHRISTO,” Sam said before Ari laughed.
“Um we did that one,” she said.
Erin laughed aloud.
“It’s me I have been tested and found to be only human,” Erin said as she reached to grab her younger sibling into a hug. Sam grinned at Dean over Erin’s shoulder before he pulled back to look at her again. Boy she is a sight for sore eyes. Dean smiled at them before he sat down near Amber and Ari on the sofa. Jo stood back to watch them all with a smile. She would miss the Winchesters while she was away.

After a few minutes of general talk everyone left the room except, Erin, Sam and Dean. Dean took the recliner, while Sam sat on one end of the sofa and Erin the other.
“I wanted to meet you two before but Dad felt we were safer apart,” Erin said into the silence.
“Why is that?” Dean asked.
“He felt that the three of us together might be dangerous. He insisted when the time was right we would find one another.”
“The time?” Sam asked.
“You see Sam I have a gift also but my gift can only be used when we are all together.”
“What?” Dean exclaimed.
Sam looked around he felt as though someone else was in the room or listening to them it was an unfamiliar sensation for him. He looked over a Dean who watched Erin, cautiously.
“What, you mean like the power of three?” Sam asked as he ignored the feeling but it hit him again and he did a double take toward the door before he got up to check.

He didn’t see anyone but then it occurred to him that whoever was watching them might not be visible. He didn’t like that thought at all, maybe he was paranoid. He hated that thought even worse. He sat down; before he realized that his siblings were staring at him. He didn’t know how to tell them to stop talking without saying it.
“Let’s do this later, I’m beat,” he said instead.
Stubborn Dean only looked incredulously at him.
“What? I did the driving.”
“You think I can actually sleep while you drive,” Sam said in mock anger before he got up again to walk out. Dean shook his head as he got up. Erin watched them leave the room and wondered what was going on.

Sam went to his room to write a note to Erin on the laptop but wondered how he would get the message to Dean. It wasn’t that Dean wouldn’t believe him but he would be skeptical and it wasn’t the time for them to argue. He decided he would give Dean a note and pray that Erin checked email before she went to bed. The idea was to get them to see that things had changed and he felt they were being watched, so they needed to be careful about what they said at least in the house.

Dean went into check on Amber and found her sound asleep with her stuffed rabbit under her arm. The rabbit had been given to her by Megan; the little girl wanted her sister to have something from her. Dean smiled as he adjusted her covers then left before he could become emotional over the scene. He crashed into his taller little brother as he shut the door.
“Sammy,” he whispered to avoid waking Amber, “Don’t you watch were you’re going?”
“Sorry,” Sam whispered back before he gave him the note then walked away.
Dean read it quickly before he went into the bedroom but it took him a second to absorb what it said. Dean, we need to talk to Erin away from the house. I think something is here listening to us. I just want to be safe. Dean shoved the note in his pocket before he opened his bedroom door.

Dean found Ari lying on the bed reading; she seemed serene as she looked up at him. He smiled as he motioned for her to scoot over so he could sit down after he took the book from her hands. Then he reached in the drawer to get the cream for her stomach before he moved her top aside and gasped at the size of her belly.
“I told you,” she said.
“Um, you can’t tell so much when you’re dressed,” he said cautiously.
She smiled at him as he put the cream on her stomach before he began to rub it into her skin, at least his is not turned off enough to avoid touching me. He swallowed hard as he looked up into her face.
“Ari I don’t know how all of this is going to turn out, I was thinking maybe you should take the kids somewhere safe. Somewhere not in the supernatural spotlight.”
“You mean away from you?”
Oh no that will never do, I married him because I didn’t want him to be without him. I wonder if he has any idea how stressful it is for me when he is away. Ari realized Dean was frightened by the upcoming responsibilities, but she also knew he would be able to rise to occasion when the time came around. She knew that because she knew his heart was one of honor and integrity.

“There is no way I can protect you all, I just want you to be safe. It’s not like I don’t want you with me, because I do, but…”
“Dean, life isn’t safe. You need to get in your head it’s not your responsibility to protect everyone. That’s why God gave us brains and it’s why I was taught to watch out for myself. Sweetie take that burden off your back.”
Dean’s mouth fell open, now she reminded him of Cassie. He leaned close to her mouth before she put her hands around his neck to bring his lips to meet hers. He responded greedily to her touch. He didn’t want her to go away; he certainly didn’t want to miss his kids growing up for one second. How the hell did he ended up in this position? Her tongue found his and he thought his heart might shoot out of his chest. He had missed her so very much. He didn’t care if she was very pregnant, with his little ones. He still couldn’t believe she was his wife, someone he had made vows to, someone he loved like he hadn’t loved anyone else in his life and the one person who seemed to have total faith in him.

“Look I love you and I get that you want your family…”
“Actually that is just it,” he said as he pulled away from her to get up from the bed to rake his hands through his hair.
“What?”
“This family thing wasn’t a plan,” he said as he tried to be polite though he stood in the middle of the room to realize he was still dressed.
“Well it seems it’s your season for kids.”
“What does that mean?”
“According to the bible there is a season for everything,” she said with a smile.
Dean had to smile at that as he undressed and slipped in the bed beside his wife. Maybe she was right he should enjoy what he had been given, or at least try.

Sam received a response from Erin almost immediately. She must have gone straight to the room and logged into her email. Her response had been a simple: I understand. Sam felt restless so he left his room to go out on the patio for her found Jo alone with a cup of coffee. They talked easily for a few moments before she approached the subject of their relationship.
“I do not think it’s going to happen. In addition, I am not trying to blame Dean or anyone else but he and his growing family need my attention. It’s something I want to do for him after all the years he watched over me.”
Jo clapped mockingly as she glared in the dimness at him.
“So now you are pushing the decision about me on your family. You are a piece of work, Sam Winchester. You know I may never show up at this house again, I just don’t know if I could stand it,” she said as she went back inside.
Sam shook his head, maybe it was an excuse but Dean did need him. The least he could do was to focus on whatever was going on with Erin, getting the damn demon, and keeping Dean’s kids alive. Maybe someday I will find someone who can deal with me as I am the same way Dean has.

****
One and a half weeks later,
Dean came back from the store to find Ari packing a suitcase. She looked up at him with a smile.
“Going somewhere?”
“My water broke; we are going to the hospital.”
“What? Why didn’t you call me?” he asked surprised by her calmness as he stopped her from packing then led her to sit down.
“Dean, it’s okay I cleaned up the mess now I need to do this so we can go.”
“No, I will do that, you rest,” he said as he tried not to hyperventilate.
“Okay, I need to phone Missouri anyway,” she said as she picked up the phone.
“No call the doctor,” he insisted.
“I did I called him first, he said to stay calm it will still be a while,” she said as a contraction over took her.
She squinted in pain as she grabbed her back.
“Ouch,” she said as she bit her lip.
Dean raised an eyebrow at her as he closed the suitcase.
“You are still okay, right?”
“Uh huh, but I think I will have someone else make the call for me,” she said not as confident this time.
“Good idea,” Dean said before he took her hand as they left the room. They let Sam know what was happening and he insisted he would watch Amber but if they babies were not born by the next day Sam said he would come up there with everyone.
“Thanks for the warning,” Dean said under his breath.

“Looks like we got the SUV in time,” Dean said as he helped Ari in then jumped into the drivers side of the new vehicle they had purchased the week before.
“Yeah it seems so,” Ari said as she let out a breath.
Dean was worried the babies were coming to soon but he said nothing negative she needed to have positive thoughts according to Missouri. He listened in silence as Ari took deep breaths then let them out. Dean surmised the pain must be unbearable and he wondered why women bothered to have kids at all. All the pain involved would not appeal to him, then he guessed that was why men didn’t have the children.
“Honey, you can go a bit faster,” Ari said as she gave him a weak smile.
“That is what you always say,” Dean teased her.
“Oh yeah that’s cute, you know you aren’t touching me after this, right?” she said as she closed to eyes while she tried to breath through the pain.
“Hey Sam says that is what women always say when they are in labor,” Dean said half-heartedly.
Ari glared at him, and he certainly hoped Sam was right.

At the hospital Ari was taken to the maternity ward and readied for the birth. Dean met her in the room before they wheeled her in to have the babies.
“I’ll be here when you come back…”
“What? No, you are coming in with me. You can’t leave me alone now,” she said a bit hysterical.
The nurse stood behind him with a white outfit for him to wear. He looked down at Ari’s sad face and decided he would go in.
“Okay, of course I will go in with you,” he said before she grabbed a hold of his hand.
In the room, things happened fast. Dean mostly felt pain from where Ari squeezed his hand while she panted and breathed through the pain. It was almost an hour later, when he finally heard a baby cry he felt moistness on his cheek but he wiped it away as he reached for the bundle the doctor held out for him. He looked his first son over before he showed him to Ari. He was small weighing a little over six pounds and he seemed overly white with dark hair and eyes. However, Dean thought he was handsome. Then they handed him another little bundle and Dean could see the baby had a more olive skin tone but just as cute as his brother with a bit darker hair but the same dark eyes. The doctor had told him that most often babies eyes started out dark then changed to their designated color. The second little one weighed the same as his brother but screamed louder. Dean smiled as he watched them clean the babies as he held Ari’s hands while they took care of her needs.

Back in the room they sat Ari up to feed both babies at once, Dean thought it was the weirdest thing to see them both eating from a breast apiece. Ari smiled tiredly as he kissed her cheek. There were tears in her eyes and Dean tried to wipe them away but he felt them in his eyes also. This time he left them. How could anyone not be happy after seeing two new lives come into the world? Not Dean Winchester and his wife Ari, no they both felt too blessed to worry about emotional displays.


The End of Story Two
I hope enough of you liked the story to read the next one in the series :)
This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1123