Finding Our Way by PassionK
Summary:

Was It Puppy Love or Is It True Love??? (Not good with summaries.)


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Drama, Family, Friendship, Romance
Story Status: Completed
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations, Extreme Language, Original Characters, Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 24609 Read: 57529 Published: 09/12/09 Updated: 01/02/10
Story Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. I PasionK/PassionK do own the original characters and plot. I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. None what so ever!

1. Puppy Luv by PassionK

2. Why Do U Care! by PassionK

3. Watching by PassionK

4. Main Character by PassionK

5. I Can't Love Him Because I Love Him! by PassionK

6. How Could You? by PassionK

7. Care To by PassionK

8. Was It Real Love? by PassionK

9. It's Happening by PassionK

10. This Is Goobye. by PassionK

Puppy Luv by PassionK
Author's Notes:

I was just sitting here thinking and I just started typing. My other story I am still not sure about but this one I am really sure about! Don't what else to say except thank you in advance for reading and commenting! Oh! And as always enjoy.

“Stop playing Dmitri Julia cried as he pushed her again.

Dmitri then pulled her hair leading her to jump up and chase him. She jumped on his back and they fell to the ground. “I said stop it!” She punched him in the face and he started crying.

“Momma!” He cried as he pushed her off and ran to his house.

Julia got up and straightened out her sundress. When she started walking she felt something dripping from her knee. Looking down she saw she scrapped it. It didn’t hurt at first but now it did. Crying she limped back to her porch and went it. “Mommy… He made me scrap my knee.” Julia cried.

Angela came out the kitchen and saw her 5year old daughter standing by the door. Her dress all dirty, her knee bloody. “Baby what happened to you.” Angela cried as she ran over and kneeled in front of her.

“DC made me fall down and I scrap my knee.”

“Are you telling the whole truth Julia?” Larry asked coming out the living room. Just witnessing the whole thing. She looked up at her daddy and shook her head yes. “Well from what I say you chased him, fell and punched him.”

Angela looked from her husband to her daughter. “Baby is that true?”

Julia looked down and started crying. “He pull my hair. And daddy said if somebody hit you, you are suppose to hit them back.”

Larry went to his daughter and ran his hands through her loc’s. “That’s my girl.” he praised.

“Larry that is not a good thing. You shouldn’t be teaching her that.” She scolded.

“Well the youngin shouldn’t have been messing with her Angela. Just teaching my daughter to defend herself.”

“By hitting. You know you are suppose to come tell us first and we’ll handle it.”

“Angela, the girl is not going to grow up to be a tattletale. She defended herself and I am sure the boy knows not to touch her anymore…” Larry said as he looked at his youngest. “Did you make him cry?”

Julia smiled and her dimples that she inherited from her daddy came through. “Yea he said. Momma!” she mocked DC.

“My girl.” He praised once again as he gave her a high five.

“Well since you two seem to be in cahoots how about you take her to the back and clean her up.” Angela said as she stood up and shook her head. “Or are you afraid to look at blood.”

“Ah Angee I can handle it. Come on kiddo let’s clean that up and get you some ice cream. You like that?”

“Yes sir!” she cheered. Earlier she was crying but now the pain didn’t phase her any.

“Forward!”

“March!” she finished as they started marching down the hall. “Left… left… left. Right. Left!” they called. Angela turned and started laughing. Those two were made for each other.

Next door, Victoria was in the bathroom cleaning her son’s face. “What did you do to her?” she asked.

“I didn’t do anything. She just hit me.” he cried as he looked down. Knowing if anybody found out he got hit by a 5year old he was going to be talked about.

“You had to do something her son. She wouldn’t hit you for nothing.”

“Mommy I swear I did nothing.” Dmitri whined as he crossed his arms. His elbows were scraped up to.

Victoria sighed and nodded. “Ok well I need to visit the Simmons. Let them know their little sweet angel isn’t so sweet after all.” she said knowing rubbing some cream on his elbows.

“Michael I’m going next door.” She told her husband.

“What for?” he asked.

“Because little miss goody two shoes over there punched my boy.”

“Oh it’s nothing but a little bump. What doesn’t kill him will make him stronger.” He said looking to his 10year old son who was playing the game. “Ain’t that right Mike.”

“Yep I got punched a lot and I’m stronger. They won’t mess with me anymore.”

“What?” she asked horrified that her son was just telling her this. Michael lowered his head and looked at his coffee mug. “Well talk about this later… DC honey come on.”

She walked out and saw her oldest wrestling on the trampoline. Why did they have to be so rough! “Keith! Tommy! Stop it!” she fussed at her 13year old son and his friend.

“We’re just playing ma.”

“Why weren’t you watching your little brother.”

“We were.” They chimed in together. “Jinx! Double Jinx!” they both said as they punched each other in the arm.

“You two are going to be the death of me.” She sighed as she took her son’s hand and they walked next door.

“Mommy it don’t hurt no more.” He said not wanting to go back over there.

“Don’t matter. She still hit you for nothing.” Victoria rung the doorbell twice and stood there waiting.

Angela was in the kitchen starting on dinner when she heard the doorbell. She also heard kids running down the hall. “Lauren, Nicholas I got it!” she said

“But ma it could be for me.” Lauren said as she turned to Nicholas who was laughing.

“Like anybody would be coming for you.”

“Shut-up punk!” she punched his arm and they stomped into the living room arguing. Why on earth did they punish her this way. She went to the door and pulled it open.

“Yes… Mrs. Calhoun. How are you today?” she asked politely.

“Simmons I have a bone to pick with you and your demon child.”

“My what?!” she asked as Julia and her father came out the back with smiles on their faces.

“Your child punched my son and what she did it for I don’t know. But I sure as hell don’t appreciate it.”

Angela was taken back. Was about to speak up when her husband Larry stepped in. “I hate to break this to you but your son isn’t so innocent himself.”

“Excuse me! Your daughter punched my son. Made him scrap his arms.”

“And you son pulled my daughter’s hair. She told him to stop but he didn’t.”

“My son knows better than to hit girls.” She fussed

“Obviously not… My daughter was only defended herself no her fault your son can’t take what he dishes out.” Larry said crossing his arms. Julia looked up and crossed her arms like her daddy.

Victoria looked down at her son who was looking down at his feet. “DC is this true? Did you pull her hair?”

“I didn’t mean to.” he said shuffling his feet.

Sighing she looked away. “I apologize for the mix up. I can assure you it won’t happen again.” She said almost mad that she acted the way she did.

“Good!” Larry said getting ready to close the door.

“Larry!” Angela chastised. “Mrs. Calhoun we’re sorry as well. Julia come apologize to Dmitri.”

Julia leaned against the wall with her arms crossed. Her face read “The Hell I will.” Larry loved his little girl. He taught her that, silently praised her for getting it.

“Julia.” Angela warned.

“I not saying sorry until he says sorry.” She said still standing there with her arms crossed.

Angela sighed and looked at her husband. Who obviously had something to do with this attitude. “Larry can you please talk some sense into your daughter.”

“She has sense. Julia, let’s go get some ice cream.” He said taking his daughter’s shoulders and walking her into the kitchen.

Nicholas came out the living room and looked at little Dmitri. “ Hey little man what happened to you?” he asked kneeling in front of him.

“Julia punched me.” he said softly.

He suppressed a chuckle as he spotted his friends waving at the end of the drive way. “Ma can I go hang out with the guys at the park.”

“Go boy and tell your sister I said she is in trouble.”

“Debbie’s in her room.” He said before he kissed her cheek, said bye and left.

“I should go. Once again I am sorry for the mix-up I promise you it won’t happen again.”

“Same here. This won’t happen again.” Angela agreed. “DC I hope your eye get’s all better.” She said shaking his hand.

“Thank you.” he said doing the same.

Victoria nodded and they walked off. Angela closed the door and went to the kitchen. “You two are like two peas in a pod. That was mean.”

“Angela will you relax. The boy shouldn’t have hit her. That’s what he get’s.” Larry said who was sitting at the table eating his ice cream. Julia hadn’t looked up from her treat. “This is my little slugger.”

She smiled but never looked up. Angela rolled her eyes. “He just likes her.” she said.

Julia dropped her spoon and looked up. “He do not!”

“He does. That’s why he’s always messing with you. Those are love licks.”

“Well he better stop it before I give him another black eye.” She cried holding up her fist like she was going to hit again.

“Boy better not come within an inch of her. Otherwise I’ll let the tiger loose.” Larry said.

“Your all talk.” Angela teased. Larry got up and stood behind her. She froze in her spot.

“Is that so.” he said pushing against her.

“Yes it is.”

“Well let me take you to the back and let’s see who’ll be doing the talking.” He whispered. Angela giggled and pushed him back. Julia watched her parents affection and although sometimes he was yucky she had to admit it was cute.

Next door DC went to the living room with her brother. “Michael kitchen.” Victoria said.

Michael flashed his youngest a look. Wondering if he did or said something that would cause him to get fussed at. He reluctantly walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. “Yes ma’am.”

“I want you to talk to your son’s.”

“So now they’re my sons?”

“When they hit on little girls yes they are. Turns out he’s been nagging her. He pulled her hair and she got even.”

“They’re just playing.”

“Don’t matter. I don’t want them putting their hands on another girl! Talk to them. Had me going over there acting like a fool.”

Michael sat back and chuckled. “Your fault.” he mumbled.

“What was that?” she asked looking back.

“Nothing honey. I said you relax I can handle it.” he cleaned up as he jumped up and ran out the kitchen before she had a chance to say anything else.

The next day Julia saw him staring and it made her smile. Maybe later she would apologize to him. She didn’t have to punch him that hard. But it was funny that he had to go to school with a black eye.

“Julia honey get in.” Angela said as she stepped up and held the door open for her.

Dmitri was getting in the car to be driven to school. He looked over and saw Julia. They stared at each other for a little while. Before her mother came up anyway. The first thing that popped in his head was. “That’s going to be my girlfriend one day.”

“Come on DC. Let’s go.”
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it!
Why Do U Care! by PassionK
Author's Notes:

I want to say thank you all for your comments! Yes it certainly made me come straight home and do another chapter. LOL! Please forgive any typos I may have.

Sidenote** Julia and DC are only a year apart. Another note*** I went a few years forwards.

Enjoy!

**Years Later**


17year old Julia walked down the hall holding her books close to her chest. She walked up to her locker and started putting her code in when all of a sudden somebody reached over and pushed the books out of her hands. She turned to give them a piece of her mind but they were gone. She turned to pick up her books and bumped into somebody. “Will you watch whe… I should’ve known.” She sighed rolling her eyes. “Why are you always bothering me?” She asked crossing her arms.

“Maybe because I feel like it.” 18year old Dmitri said now standing at 6’1.

Julia shook her head. “Well maybe you could feel like picking up my books.” she said leaning against the lockers.

“What if I don’t feel like it?” he asked crossing his arms.

“What if I whoop your ass!” she hissed.

“Yea right.” He scoffed. “Private school girl isn’t going to do anything.”

“You are such a pain in the ass.” She smirked. “Why do you keep calling me that.”

“Because you are a private school goody two shoes.”

“I haven’t been in private school for two years.” she sighed.

“That may be Julia Ali. Anyway! Heard about that boy you hit the other day. What is that fist made off… Steel?” he jokingly asked as he bent down and picked up her books.

Julia smirked as she took her books. “Maybe you should ask him. I mean he is the one that got hit.” she said as she opened her locker and placed her books inside. A boy by the name of Ronald called her a bitch and she showed him what kind of bitch she was… Taking her gym bag out she slammed the locker. “Oh wait! I just remembered… Maybe you should ask your left eye!” She shrugged and walked off.

DC looked dumbfounded as she walked off. “Yo! Wait up!” he called turning and running after her. He walked in front of her but turned to look at her. “I let you hit me.”

“I find it kind of strange that a 6year old boy would just let a girl hit him and then run home crying. Telling his mother.” She said with a smug smile.

“I was playing. I knew what I was doing. Didn’t even hurt.”

“Well if it didn’t hurt let me hit you again.” She teased as she balled up her fist and raised it to hit him.

DC caught her flying fist and shook his head. “Not even missy. Anyway prom is coming up and I need a date. Know somebody?”

Julia stopped walking and looked at him. If only this boy knew she had all of these feelings for him. She had feelings for him the moment she punched him. But he never saw her. He only saw those girls who were dancers and cheerleaders. She gave up on him after she met Zachary. He made her melt the moment he said her name and every since then they been together. “Don’t know maybe you should ask one of your whores to the prom.” She replied.

DC chuckled. “Why they gotta be whores. How come they can’t my friends or my ladies?”

“That was mean wasn’t it?” She asked timidly. She sighed and smiled. “Maybe you should ask one of your lady whores. Is that nicer?”

“Maybe I should… So uh… Julia Simmons wanna go to prom with me?” he asked.

Taken back, she punched him in his stomach and he stumbled back into the wall. She didn’t have to say anything as she walked out and went to track practice. Out of breath he stood straight up, “It was a joke!” he called before he coughed. Damn that girl had a arm on her. DC shook it off and went to his locker.

“Yo that is the wrong one to mess with. You know that’s Zach’s girl.” A boy by the name of Andre said stepping up to his friend.

“Who?”

“Zachary Martin… Julia is his girl. I thought you knew that.”

“She ain’t dating Zach.” He said as he and Dre walked to the locker room. He knew his future wife wasn’t dating anybody. She would have said something.

“She is… They been dating for weeks now. Your late.”

“No she’s not dude. I know Lia and I know she ain’t dating nobody.” DC said as they walked out and started walking past the track.

“What you think home girl swing the other way… I mean damn she got muscles and all but that don’t make her gay.” Dre said as he waved a few ladies who had on their cheerleading uniforms.

DC shook his head. “I didn’t say she was gay either. I just know Lia… I mean we’ve been friends since we were little.”

“Didn’t look that way when she punched you.” Dre teased. “Remember a few year back you came to school with a black eye. You said she hit you… Dude I’ll never forget that.” he laughed. Every time he thought back to that day he had to laugh. It was too funny. He looked up and saw Julia come out the gym. “Yo look!” he said as he pointed to her. DC looked over and saw Lia running up to some dude. He picked her up and they kissed. “What I tell you? Ole girl is dating Zach.”

DC stopped and looked at her. Hell naw! That was his woman. What the hell was he doing with her. Just watching them made him furious. He wanted to go over and punch the crap out of Zach! How could Lia betray him like that.

Lia slid down the length of Zach’s body and smiled up at him. “Hey baby. I thought you weren’t coming.”

“I thought I wasn’t going to finish that test on time. Luckily I did.” He chuckled. “Hey I was wondering if you were free this Friday night. Action flick just came out.”

She smiled shyly. “I’ll have to see if my mother isn’t having guest over.” she lied knowing she had to talk to the big man before she did anything.

“You gotta ask pops. I know the deal baby.”

Rolling her eyes she swatted his arm. “Ok fine you caught me. But I’m sure he will allow me to go.”

“I hope so.” Zach took her hand. “Come on let me walk you to the track.

“It’s like 10inches away.” she laughed quietly

“So.” he said as they began to walk.

Julia let him walk her. Just as she put her hair in a ponytail she caught somebody staring at her out the corner of her eye. She looked over and saw it was Dmitri, he looked puzzled and hurt. When their eyes locked he looked down and began to walk away. Now she felt a little bad… But why did she even care. He never once thought about her when he was with his girls so why should she! Shaking him from her head she entered the gate and turned to her boyfriend. “I’ll see you after practice?”

“You know it.” he said as they kissed again and she went to stretch. As she sat on the ground she saw a few other girls walk past her. She couldn’t stand them. They couldn’t stand her.

“Hey Sister Julia! What’s going on?” Her best friend Monica asked as she sat next to her.

“Hey Nica…” she sighed as she began to stretch. “Why do you always call me that?”

“Well because you have the name of a preacher’s wife or something. Seriously… Anyway! I saw you and Zach. You two look pretty serious.”

“We’ve been dating a few weeks.” She said shaking her head.

“Either way you two look close. Am I sensing high school sweethearts?”

“Am I sensing a nosey best friend?”

“Maybe.” Monica giggled as she stretched her leg out and leaned over to touch her knee with her nose. “Oh I saw your friend staring at you today. What’s going on with that?”

“What do you mean? What friend?”

“Dmitri Calhoun.”

“That fool just has a staring problem.”

“He has somebody but it ain’t a staring problem. He has the love bug.”

“The what!?” she laughed as she sat up and looked at her friend.

Monica moved in front of her they put their feet together. Julia took her hands and pulled her forward. “Love bug. Meaning he was pissed when he seen you and Zach all lovey dovey. Meaning he indeed has feelings for you. You can’t tell me that boy doesn’t have feelings for you.”

“He doesn’t.”

“He does! Why you think he’s always messing with you.”

“Look heffa.” She started as they started laughing. “I am going to tell you like I told my mother. If he likes me so much why does he continue to flaunt his girls in my face.”

“Make you jealous.”

“You sound just like Angela.” Julia scoffed as Monica pulled her forward. “Besides he had all his life to say something and it’s kind of late to say something when I’m with somebody I happen to like very much.” she said not taking a breath until the sentence was finished.

Monica shook her head as they parted and stood up. “Julia who are you fooling.”

“I’m not trying to fool anybody. I’m just trying to tell you nothing is going to happen where DC and I are involved. It’s not even like that. We are friends and enemies. Next door neighbors. Besides you just said me and Zach looked like high school sweethearts. Make up your mind!” she said as got in place to start running. Their coach was coming onto the field. “Plus it would never work between us.” she said softly.

“Simmons! Hurdles!” The coach called as she blew her whistle. Julia took off. Thinking about what her friend just said. Could it be true? Could DC have a crush on her? Maybe and maybe not! But she wasn’t about to live single just to find out.

She jumped the first hurdle and when she looked up she saw him. He was in the center of the field staring at her.

DC watched as she started off. She had on a dark green Nike speed suit, a pair of black track shorts and some ice white tennis shoes. Every since they were little she had speed. She was always running and she was always beating the kids in the neighborhood. Her arms and legs pumping hard and fast, her six pack very well known as she ran and put her all into it.

Second hurdle. Julia jumped but her back foot hit it and she tripped. Falling onto the grass. “Shiiii!” she hissed as she looked at her throbbing ankle that turned the wrong way when it landed on the ground.

“Simmons!” The coach called as she ran over. She got on the ground with her and looked at her ankle. “I’m going to remove your shoe.”

Dmitri ran over and kneeled beside her. “Hey you alright?” he asked looking at the swollen ankle.

“I’m flat on my behind how do you think I fe----OW!” she cried.

Coach shook her head. “Sprained ankle. You might not be able to race this weekend.” she said as she looked up at her best runner.

“No! I… It’s… Are you sure? I mean come on it‘s just a sprained ankle. It‘ll be fine by Saturday‘s meet.”

“Let’s take you in and check it out. Young man can you help me.” she asked looking at Dmitri.

“Yes ma’am.”

Julia sighed as she jerked her hand away from him and stood up on her own. “I’m fine.” she hissed as she started to walk but stopped and almost fell. He caught her in his arms.

“Let me help you inside.”

“Fine.” she mumbled as he picked her up and carried her into the building. As he walked to the girls locker room she smiled. He smelled so damn good. Like something spicy yet sweet.

He looked down in his arms and smiled. “I hope you like what you’re smelling.”

She looked away like not even happened. Once they were in the locker room he sat her on the table. “You know this is your fault.” She huffed.

Funny as hell, he thought as he started laughing. “How on earth could this be my fault. I wasn’t the hurdle nor was even near you.”

“You distracted me. This is your fault. Had you not been staring at me I wouldn’t have fell.” She rolled her eyes wishing the coach would hurry up and come in the room.

“Had you not looked at me you wouldn’t have fell.” He shot back.

“Get out! I’m tired of looking at your face.” Arms crossed, face down.

DC went into her space and raised her head. “Why are you trying avoid the fact that you were staring at me. Just admit it.”

“If you don’t get out my face I’m going to admit my fist into your face.” She hissed. Just as she was about to punch him he caught her fist once again and put it down.

“I’m tired of you raising your fist to me.”

“I’m tired of you testing me.” She said through gritted teeth.

DC let her go and swiped his lips. He knew how to get her back. Nodding because he was very sure of himself he charge her and pulled her close. He looked at her for a second before he leaned in closer. “What are you doing?” she asked just a above a whisper. Her heart began to pound against her chest. She felt all of these tingly feelings course through her body. She was so nervous! He was two inches away from he sweet lips that he could smell. Smelled like grape.

“Simmons I want to----” Coach Laurel started as she opened the door and saw them. Lia and DC pulled back and looked away from the coach and the trainer’s gaze. “Young man can you leave… Please.” The coach said as she saw her runner tense up when she manage to look her way.

“Yes… Yes ma’am.” he stumbled as he glanced at Julia and quickly left the room.

Laurel closed the door and looked at her. “Is everything alright Ms. Simmons?”

“Yes.” she sighed still reeling from the almost kiss. Laurel and the trainer came over and checked out her ankle.

Sometime later Julia limped out the locker room. She wasn’t going to be able to run this Saturday and if the pain persisted she wouldn’t be able to run Tuesday either. “Hey you alright?”

“Yea I’m fine.” Lia mumbled as Zach sat next to her.

“What they say?”

“Can’t run Saturday and I might not be able to run Tuesday.”

“Damn…” he sighed. “Don’t worry you’ll be alright. I know it. You want me to take you home?”

“No Larry’s coming to get me.”

Zach wrapped his arm around her waist and she laid her head on his shoulder. She didn’t know what to do. She was with one boy she liked a lot. But she was also fooling herself with another boy she liked.

DC was coming back out, in his baseball practice uniform. He saw Lia and Zach hugged up and he couldn’t help but feel jealous. After he left the locker room earlier he went to boy’s locker room. He needed to collect himself before he went out and embarrassed himself. How was it possible that he was so close to her lips that he didn’t take his chance. He been wanting to kiss her since he knew what kissing really meant. He just had a chance and he blew it!

As he watched her now he sighed. She was happy with Zachary Martin. Otherwise she wouldn’t have been all up on him after what just happened in the locker room. He also cursed Laurel for coming in like she did. He couldn’t stand that woman sometimes.

“Hey slugger!” Larry called out after he parked his truck and walked up the walk way.

Julia looked up and saw her father. She smiled every time she heard that name. “Hey daddy.”

“How you doing?”

“It’s just a sprained ankle.” she chuckled as he inspected the neatly wrapped ankle.

“What they say?” he asked eyeing the young man next to her. He knew Zach. Also knew he wasn’t his favorite person in the world.

“Can’t run until further notice.” she shrugged.

“Well let’s get you home and put some ice on that ankle.” he suggested as he stood straight up and helped her up. He grabbed her bag and threw it over his shoulder.

Julia turned to Zachary and hugged him. “I’ll call you later.”

“Ok.” he said rubbing her back. They avoided kissing because Larry was standing there watching them. Zach chuckled as Larry shot him a look and helped his daughter to the Navigator.

“I don’t like him you know.” he said on their walk over.

“Daddy you don’t like anybody.” she chuckled. Larry put her bag in the back and helped her in. After closing the door he went around to his side.

She turned to get in and she saw Dmitri staring at her. Like before she saw hurt and confusion but along with it she saw a hint of desire. Monica who was leaning against the fence followed DC’s eyes and saw him staring at Julia. She saw she was staring at him the same way.

Nosey she whistled and slid up beside him. “Sooooooo… how have you been?” she asked her hands behind her back.

“I’ve been better. What Moni…”

“It’s Monica or Nica. Get it right boy! Anyway what’s going on with you and my bestie.”

“What does it matter?”

“It matter’s a hell of a lot.” Zach’s booming voice said stepping up behind them. “What going on with you and my girl?”

“She’s my friend. Look why am I answering to you.”

“You weren’t looking at her like you were just friends. What’s the deal!” Zach asked with some attitude.

“Why do you care?”

“Because she is my girl and I will do whatever to keep it that way.”

“Is that a threat?” DC asked stepping in his personal space.

“No it’s a promise.” Zach warned. He never liked violence but every since he became involved with Julia he kept his guard up. Nobody was going to take her from him.

“I’ve known her longer. I know her better than you. I also live next door to her. Let’s just see who’ll really get her.” DC challenged.

End Notes:

Thank you all for reading! Mwah!

Watching by PassionK
Author's Notes:

First of all let me say, I am so sorry for the long wait! I was doing this and another one and I actually started putting parts of the other one in this. So I had to go back, erase and start all over. So once again please forgive me! Also I will post pictures in the next chapter, I am still searching for the perfect DC. (Search has been a pain!)  Anywho, I hope you all enjoy. This is a slow chapter but I promise you..The next one(I'm working on now) Will not be slow! I promise.U all may quote me on that.

Once again I hope you all enjoy "Finding Our Way" Chapter 3-Watching."

It had been a week since Julia’s accident and everything seemed to be going well. Anyway it was lunch time and like usual Julia and her friends were in the courtyard. Today was the last day of the track season and they were having to good of a time. Their team won every race, they were in 1st place or 2nd. Either way they were a winning team.

“Hey Lia, shake what ya momma gave ya.” Tiffany another runner on the team called out. She was sitting on the bench fiddling with her phone trying to find a good song.

“Girl come on now. You know I don’t dance.” Julia said who was sitting across from her drinking her water. She danced but not many people saw her.

“Yea right. Come on Lia… You know you wanna shake it for us.” Monica urged.

Julia looked at her and stood up. It was about 7 of them sitting around, just jamming to whatever came on the phone’s mp3. “Ok… Give me something good.” She said putting her water bottle down and standing in the middle with her friend Tuck. “You gonna do it with me?” she asked taking off her light sweater.

“You know it baby.” he said. Tuck was a good friend of hers, she trusted him with her life.

The song started and Julia started moving slow. She raised her hands and started moving around in a circle, moving her hips, then dropping to the ground. Tuck started doing the same thing on the side of her. Julia was in the zone! She stuck her leg out and moved her way down, slowly moving her hips before coming back up and popping her booty.

“Oops! There goes my shirt up over my head!” Monica and Tiffany sanged as they too got up and started moving around. It was just fun for them but for Julia she was actually getting it. “Oh snap…Work them hips! ” Monica cheered watching her usually shy friend move around like a pro. “Sister Julia got them baby making hips.” Monica teased. Julia started laughing as she looked at her and shook her head

“So you calling yourself a dancer now?” Somebody asked stepping up and interrupting the party. Julia stopped dancing and looked into the face of Maria. A cheerleader that thought too much of herself.

“Why you bothering people! I mean damn we don’t mess with you, how about you do the same and leave us the hell alone!” Tiffany fussed as she stopped the song and stepped up to Maria. Gently shoving Julia out of the way.

“And if I don’t what you gonna do about it. Go running!” She teased. Her and her wanna-be Destiny Childs posse started laughing.

“Ha-ha! That was so funny I forgot to laugh. How about you go suck on a horn and choke! Bitch!” Monica fussed stepping in this time. Julia stepped in and looked at the group.

“And what you gonna do? Punch me! I dare you!” Maria challenged.

“Double dare?” Julia asked.

“You wouldn’t do it! Mrs. Jones told you one more fight and you won’t be graduating.”

Julia pulled in her lip and raised her fist. She was stopped 5inches away from Maria perfect nose. She looked up and saw him holding her hand. “Don’t do it.” he warned softly.

“Let me go…” she warned back.

“You do it and you don’t graduate. Is that what you really want?” he asked seriously. “Come on Lia, she ain’t worth your diploma! She ain’t worth you staying here another year!”

Julia looked at him and sighed. Damn! Why he had to be so right! Taking a deep breath, she un-balled her fist and lowered her hand. “Your right. She’s not.” she grumbled.

“Thank you.” DC sighed with relief as he pulled her away.

“Good thing I don’t graduate until next year!” Tuck said as he came up and punched her. Maria squealed as she hunched over and grabbed her nose.

“OH MY GOD!” she cried… “I’m bleeding.” She cried as she looked up and gave Tuck a sour look.

“What! You feeling froggy! Jump!” he challenged ready to introduce his fist with her eye. Maria and her whores ran off. In hysterics. Overly dramatic. Tiffany and Monica, gave Tuck his props and they turned the music back on. They went back to dancing like nothing ever happened. All year Maria and her friends bothered them, sometimes even bumped them in the halls. Today was the very last time they even came close!

Julia and Dmitri were off to the side talking. “You gotta get your attitude in check. I mean seriously! You can’t go punching every Tom, Dick and Jane.” he said making her look at him.

“I know but I… I…” She looked up. “Why do you even care?” Julia asked crossing her arms. “You could careless about who my fist hit before but now… Oh I get it! She’s one of your precious whores, don’t want me to give her a makeover.” Nodding. “How could I be so naïve?” she threw her hands up and sighed. Why did she even care? The question she kept asking herself but never found the answer to.

“Julia its not even like that. I want you to graduate just like I want to see you succeed in life. Going around punching everybody is only going to get you into trouble. So what, when your boss piss you off you gon’ punch him?”

She didn’t answer as she looked down and began to shuffle her feet. Dmitri touched her shoulder. “Julia just cool it… Please. A month and a half, can you do that for me?” he begged.

“What’s in it for me?” she asked looking up. Was she blushing? Oh god she was blushing! Was he getting closer? He was! He was!

“I don’t know… What you want?”

I want you to step away from my girl!” Somebody behind them fussed. Julia looked over DC’s shoulder and saw it was Zach. How was it every time something happened, DC was the first one there but it took Zach forever to come. What was up with that?

“Back off. Why you touching her?”

“Zach calm down, he was helping me.” Julia sighed as she moved from DC’s hand and went to her boyfriend. “He was reminding me I needed to stop fighting so I can graduate.” she said telling the truth as DC turned around and smiled.

“Who were you about to hit?” he asked looking at her.

“Maria… the cheerleader. She was just talking mess and I… Look I was wrong for raising my fist and he stopped me from making a mistake.”

Zach rolled his eyes. “I would have punched her.”

“Glad you would. But unlike you, Julia wants to graduate. She doesn’t need to be here another year. Too smart for that… I guess that‘s why they moved her up a grade.”

“Mrs. Jones was just playing. She wouldn’t keep her behind because she put somebody in their place.” Zach shrugged.

“Come you guys… Let’s drop this. It’s over and I know I need to keep my anger at bay.” Julia chimed in seeing a vein pop up on DC’s forehead. Just then, the bell for their lunch to be over, rung. “Come on baby let’s go.” she urged pulling on Zach’s hand. He reluctantly turned and began to walk away. “Zach he didn’t mean anything by that. He was just talking.”

“So you taking up for him now?” He asked.

“No I’m just saying… Saying that you… look forget it! Just drop it!” Julia dropped his hand and rushed over to the group she left awhile ago. Some boys could be a pain in the ass!

Zach stood there with the dumb look on her face. She just dropped his hand and didn’t look back. What did he do? What did he say?

All the while DC was watching. He knew exactly what he was saying. Knew how to really get under Zach’s skin. Snickering when she dropped his hand, DC nodded. Oh yea she was going to be his girl. And this time he was going to do right.

2 hours until Prom, 2weeks until graduation. The countdown begun a long time ago but now it was very important! It was so close to the end for it not to be.

Julia was in her room, getting ready for the big night. Oh yes! Prom night. She couldn’t wait. She wasn’t excited in the beginning but now she couldn’t wait. She had the butterfly, she had the shakes. She was so nervous. She reached a milestone that every teenage girl took pride in making.

“You are going to look so beautiful once I finish with you!” Debbie exclaimed as she brushed a bit of eye shadow on her pinky and smoothing it on her eyelid.

“You said that over an hour ago. I’m afraid I’m going to look like a clown.”

“That’s when I was doing your hair. You know that natural stuff ain’t easy to handle.” Debbie joked reaching for the lip gloss. “So… You uh… You doing anything tonight?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean… Are you doing it tonight?” Debbie asked as she put the lip gloss down and sat on the edge of the bed, in front of her sister. Julia opened her eyes and looked at her oldest sister. Her second mother rather.

“I hadn’t… I mean… I thought about it.” Julie replied shyly. She looked down at their hands and sighed. “I’m just so nervous to even go that far.”

“Well I’m going to say this. Don’t feel pressured in making his night. This about you too and if your ready then you do it. But if you not then you not. You do what feels right to you.” Debbie reached up and twirled a curl around her finger. “You be you. Don’t try to act like one of those fast tail girls up there. That’s not you. That’s not who he fell for. If that is who he thought you were then… Well you know what the deal is.”

Julia chuckled and nodded. “Question… What was your first time like?” she asked quietly. She didn’t feel comfortable talking about this with her mother or her other sister Lauren. It was something about Debbie that made her open up.

Debbie shook her head, thinking about it. “It was magic. It was right after homecoming, we had a dance and after we just hung out. We uh… We went back to his place and he took care of me. He was gentle and caring. Showed me he really cared about me and how I felt.”

“And he still shows you all of that?” Julia asked. Her sister had been with the same boy since her junior year of high school. He was her first and probably her last at the rate they were going.

“He shows me that and more. You know they are worthy of it if they are patient and gentle. Always caring for you. Sticking up for you… Those are the ones you hold on to.” Debbie smiled.

She heard everything her sister was saying and deep down she didn’t feel Zach was that one. She didn’t get that vibe from him but she did love him. A little. She think. Smiling at her oldest sister she nodded. “Thank you Deb.” she said softly.

“Oh shucks… Stop getting so soft on me.” Debbie teased as she stood up and pulled her shirt over her growing mid-section. “Now come on your nephew wants to see all of you.” she said walking behind her sister.

“Debbie can I ask you something else”

“Shoot.”

“What if the person your with isn’t the person you feel that connection with?” She asked still looking forward.

Debbie sighed and turned around. Her sister was like her in more ways than one. “Is this about DC?” she asked placing her hand on her shoulder.

Julia jumped up and Debbie came around to look her in the face. “No! Of course not!” she exclaimed knowing the shriek gave her away. Debbie eyed her and she sighed. “Maybe.”

“Does he know?”

“No… And I don’t want him to.” She fussed getting ready to walk away but Debbie stopped her.

“And why not!”

“Because… I feel if I tell him how I really feel he is just going to laugh in my face and leave me there. I don’t want that… I fear… I fear he’ll reject me.”

“Why would he reject…”

“Because he’s like every boy at that school. He wants a girl that’s thick in all the right places and I am not that! I don’t wear the mini skirt, the make-up, I always have my hair in a ponytail or braids. He wouldn’t’ go for a tomboy. I‘m not pretty enough.” Julia looked down and sniffled. She had to keep her tears at bay, she wasn’t going to shed tears over somebody who could careless about having her to himself.

Debbi sighed and raised her head gently… “Your selling yourself short. Your beautiful. So what you still wear a size 5 and b-cup! That’s you. That’s how god made you. That’s what god wanted you to be.” Debbie spoke softly. “Don’t ever say your not pretty because honey, you are beautiful.”

“Hey! Hey! Let’s see it!” Lauren cheered as she and Angela walked in. Breaking up the moment. Julia turned her back to them and willed her tears to go back in.

“Honey everything alright?” Angela, their mother asked seeing her daughter jerk a bit.

Debbie stepped in. “She’s fine. Just nervous.” She looked over her shoulder, “You ready?”

“Yes.” she sobbed not able to suck the tear in. She caught sight of herself in the mirror that was angled to show only her right side. Julia turned around, facing the mirror. Her own reflection took her breath away. “Oh my god…” she cried covering her mouth and running her other hand down the front of her dress. Debbie was on the other side of the room smiling.

“Turn around girl. Let me check you out.” Lauren urged.

Julia turned around and, her mother and Lauren gasped. She looked over at Debbie who was in tears as well. “So?” she asked nervously.

“Your so… Your beautiful.” Angela cried as she walked in front of her baby girl and stroked her cheek lightly. “You look perfect!”

“Really?” she asked again looking down at the satin, teal gown and then back up at her mother. Angela was crying like a baby. Her baby girl was growing up!

Angela wanted just hug her but she was afraid she might mess her up. “I need to get my camera!” she said as she then walked out the room. Lauren stepped up and smiled.

“Girl you look better than I did! What’s the deal Deb!” Lauren teased as she hugged her baby sister. “You look like a million dollars.” she said pulling back and giving her one more once over. “Let me go tell daddy and Nico they need to get their guns ready.” she teased as she ran out.

Debbie and Julia giggled. “Thank you Debbie… I love it.”

“You remember what I told you. Your beautiful and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.” she reminded putting a curl behind her ear.

“I’m beautiful. Nothing and nobody can tell me otherwise.” she repeated. “I love you.” she cried a she and Debbie embraced.

“I love you too momma-kat.”

While the girls were giving Julia her last touch-up, Nico and Larry were in the living room. The doorbell rung. “I’ll get it!” Nico said already know who it was. He ran to the door and swung it open. “Ladies… How are you?” he asked leaning against the door.

“Hey Nicholas.” They chimed.

One of them who already saw his game rolled her eyes. “Nico nobody is here to see you.” Tiffany said as she stepped up to him.

“You know you came to see me.” He said arrogantly.

“Nico… I’m going to count to five and if you are still in my way I will make sure my heel punctures your lung.” Tiffany said in a cute way, mostly being sarcastic.

Nico gulped and let them in. “You lucky there are some pretty ladies with you. Otherwise I’ll leave you out there.” he said smugly.

“Whateva!” She said as Larry came into the hall.

“Hey you all! Don’t you all look beautiful.”

“Thank you Mr. Simmons.” They said with a blush.

It was no secret that they thought Larry was fine. It was no secret that had they been older Angela Simmons would have some competition because the girls that stood in front of him… They would be all over him. Larry knew what they thought about him and he found it cute and funny, but he wouldn’t think about it. He wasn’t the type to do 20 to life. Chuckling he led them to the living room. “She should be out in a second.” he said sitting in his chair.

Monica the one who was crushing real hard, giggled. Getting the other’s to look at her crazy. Tiffany looked to the hallway, hoping Julia hurried up before Monica jumped Mr. Simmons’s bones! Just like magic, Mrs. Simmons walked in with a smile on her face. “Hey girls.” she gushed. “Stand up… Let me see you.” she exclaimed. The ladies stood and put on a show for her. Angela loved them all. They didn’t show too much and didn’t show too little. They were just right. “You all look fabulous.”

“Thank you.” They said one by one. It was 4 of them. Monica, Tiffany, Briana and her twin, Brittany.

“Ok I’m ready.” Julia said coming into the room. Everybody that was in there became quiet. Their mouths fell open and their eyes grew ten times their normal size. Julia looked around the room, “Ok! What’s wrong with you all?” she asked with a little laughter behind it.

“Damn!” Nico swore as he looked at her.

“Boy!” Angela fussed finally taking her eyes off her daughter and looking to her son. “Watch your mouth.”

“I meant dang!” he chuckled nervously. “Sis you look good! I mean seriously!”

“Thank you.” She said with a smile and then looked to her friends. “What do you all think?”

Tiffany walked over to her. “Girl! Don’t make me say what I am thinking. But you look stunning. We never seen you clean up like this. We should have prom everyday.”

“Shut-up!” She yelped as her friends agreed with Tiffany and crowded around her.

To Julia that was all good and dandy but she really wanted to know what her father thought. To her he was the one that gave her the confidence. Sometimes his words were all that mattered. This wasn’t one of those times but his input would certainly help her. “Daddy?” she asked walking up to him. His head was low and his hand was over his eyes. “What’s wrong?”

Angela could see this was a father/daughter moment so she ushered everybody out the room and to the kitchen where she snapped a few pictures. Larry picked his head up and looked into her eyes. She was growing up. The little girl that use to bop in his lap until she was 13, was growing up. Standing, he stroked her face.

“Your are amazingly beautiful.” he said before clearing his throat. He saw she was about to cry and he shook his head. “Ah… Nope. Tonight is not the night for tears. Tonight is about smiles.” he said swiping a tear that fell to her cheek. “Give me a smile.”

She managed a smile. “That’s my baby. You do look beautiful. Too beautiful for words.” he spoke with the utmost truth.

“Thank you daddy.”

“Now don’t make me come out there and kill a fool for touching you. I want you all to be far apart!” he demanded.

“Daddy!”

“I’m watching you.” he teased.
End Notes:
More coming within the next week. My promise! Some suggestions for DC, would help me out some. Again my search has proven to be a pain! Thank you all... Thanks for reading, please tell me that you are still around. Hugs!
Main Character by PassionK

As of right now, I am posting from my cell phone. My laptop charger was faulty and HP is sending me a new one. I tried my best to get the files off the laptop so I can use my cousin’s but the battery was too low for me to even cut it back on. So please forgive me… I made a promise to have the drama to you and I don’t. I have the story finished, just need to made corrections so as soon as my charger is shipped to me (UPS-Doesn’t take forever!) I will have the story posted. As of now I can only give you the main characters of the story. Once again I am so sorry for making that promise and I am not able to keep it.

Thanks to Neko who helped me out with finding a perfect DC. Thank you because he goes good with the person playing Julia. Thanks to those that have read and/or commented my story. Means alot to me!

JS

Julia "Lia" Simmons

DC

Dmitri "DC" Calhoun

I Can't Love Him Because I Love Him! by PassionK
Author's Notes:

Hey Everybody! I'm back in business! Charger came in and I cried because I was so happy! It's not easy living without my laptop. Anyway thank you all for commenting and staying with me through this. I won't keep you all much longer so please enjoy "Finding Our Way!" Chapter(4) "I Can't Love Him Because I Love Him!"

Instead of them coming with a date, the girls decided to go together, their dates of course were going to be there waiting. Only person in the group that was going stag was Monica and Tiffany. But it was cool with them because they had a chance to dance with whoever they wanted, whenever they wanted to!

Music could be heard from outside the hotel where the prom was being held. Julia thought people showed up late because they didn’t want to be the first one there but instead they came early to get the party jumping. The girls were handing over their tickets when Mrs. Jones the assistant principal smiled at her. “Julia you look beautiful. I love it.”

“Thank you Mrs. Jones.” She smiled putting the souvenir ticket in her clutch purse.

“I need to get a picture of my students so when they leave me I can remember them.” She said picking up her camera. The girls posed with their hands on their hips and their smile big and pretty. Julia was in the middle with both her hands on her hips. “Thank you girls. Go on in and live it up.” she said.

They smiled and went in. Their theme was Tinsel-town, so of course they had to walk the so called red carpet and be photographed. Some of them were real, some of them weren’t. Julia was in the middle of posing when…

“Damnnnnnnn!” he said with this tone that made Julia turn around. “Hey baby.” he said touching her waist.

Julia smiled and went into his open arms. “Hey!” She blushed as she gave him a once over. “Where’s your coat?”

“At the table. I saved for us.” He chuckled.

“Oh… Well you look good without it anyway.” She said as they went to the table he had holding for them.

“Me! Baby you look like a dime piece! I mean damn I never seen this side of you.” he said, his arms still wrapped around her waist.

“Well there’s a first for a lot of things.” She smiled.

Zach couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Damn his baby had an ass! How come he never seen it. “You wanna uh… You wanna dance?” he asked as PYT came on and some people went to the dance floor. Julia smiled and nodded. She gave her purse to Monica and let him take her over. They began to dance and it was very evident what he was thinking. She could feel it! Zach lowered to her ear. “Tonight is the night.” he whispered pulling her closer to him.

Julia tensed up and looked ahead. “ I thought we said we would see what happens.” she replied feeling him breathing on the back of her neck.

“You won’t say no… Trust me.” he whispered once again. Nervously Julia turned around and face him.

“Zach what if I’m not ready?” she asked still dancing.

Zach sighed. He was tired of this kind of talk. He been with her for months and he still hadn’t gotten the goods. He was tired of playing good boy, that was the whole reason he did it. He knew if he played good boy and just wait it out she would agree. But even though she played around, he knew tonight she would open up to him. He felt it! “Baby we’ve been dating for months now. I know you are.”

“Just because we’ve been---”

“Shhhh… Let’s just dance… Wait to see what happens.” He whispered covering her lips with his finger.

Julia kept dancing but not like before. She started remembering what her sister told her. If she wasn’t ready. Then she wasn’t ready! She was not one of those fast tail girls that gave it up to whoever, whenever. So what she and Zach been dating for months, she didn’t feel that 1st time connection with him. She didn’t feel he was worthy of her innocence. He may have been but to her she didn’t feel it. She never ignored those feelings. Those feelings were what kept her from contracting HIV from another boy that went to her private school, the beginning of her sophomore year. She dated a boy name Kendrick and they were getting ready to do it and she stopped him. Stopped him before he ever got to her treasure box. A week later it was all over the school that he was leaving with HIV and the girls he’d been with contracted it as well. At the moment she knew it was a blessing in disguise and a sign to get the hell out of that school!


DC walked into the room and posed for the camera. He was posing with his date when he caught sight of a young beauty. He looked to see who it was. He couldn’t be sure it was her so he removed his shades to get a better look. The thoughts that were running through his mind were too damn nasty! “Is that Julia?” he asked one of the boys that came in behind him.

They followed his eyes and their eyes bugged as well. “Damn! That’s little Lia. Naw! Man that can’t be her… Can it?” Dustin asked trying to see if his eyes were deceiving him. “That is her!”

“Damn.” DC hissed. The girl he was with looked up at him.

“Excuse you!”

“Oh I’m sorry. I was just saying…”

“I heard what you said.” She fussed as she hit him with her clutch purse and swayed off the carpet.

Julia looked up and her eyes held DC’s. He had on a five button black tux, powder blue, silk vest, powder blue tie and a black shirt. From where she was standing he looked so damn good she could eat him. As she stared she started getting these feelings in the pit of her stomach. She closed her eyes and exhaled. Good lord she was going to lose her mind.

Julia could feel Zach’s cool breath against her neck but it was doing very little to put the fire out. Only thing was the fire wasn’t from him, it was from the way DC looked at her. Damn! He’s fine! She thought as she gave him a look and he winked. Ok that was it! She needed to stop looking. Julia looked away and looked at Zach. DC wanted her, he would have to work for it!

Dmitri caught the look and chuckled. Alright you wanna play it that way…He thought looking her up and down. Julia had on a sexy fitted, teal dress with side midriff cutouts, open back with criss-cross straps, and flowing train. She had on a pair of metallic silver nearly 3inch heels that donned clear crystal jewels. And of course the accessories. What really amazed him was that unlike many of the girls in the place, she had on little to no make-up.

Through the night, DC walked to the DJ station and their eyes caught once again. He winked at her and held her gaze as he made it over and requested a song. She gulped as he licked his lips and whispered in the man’s ear. Julia get yourself straight! She told herself as she snapped out of it and gave Zach all her attention. Again!

While they were having a good time, many people complimented her on her dress. The fact that she looked beautiful. A lot of them took pictures of her, with her. They were all shocked and amazed. Of course there was some people who wasn’t too happy with all the attention she was getting.

“Bitch.” The unhappy girl, growled wishing she could lay Julia out! “You’ll get yours, don’t worry.”

Many songs later, everybody was asked to take their seats. The assistant principal, slash, senior authority took the mic and stood in the middle of the floor. “Of course you all know it wouldn’t be prom night if we didn’t crown our best he or she. As well as our prom king and queen.” She stated as she looked out to the crowd. “Ok so without further adu’…” she took a card out the bowl and started reading out the names. Many of them Julia knew would win, many of them she was shocked about. “Female most likely to succeed… Julia Simmons!” she called. Julia almost spit out her drink when they called her name.

“Go on up there.” her friends urged. She was stone cold. She was smart but she knew she couldn’t have been the smartest in the school. Plus she had no idea her name was in the ballot. Finally, Julia stood up and walked up to receive her award. She had to stay up there so she could take a picture with the male. After they called this nerds name she took her seat, only to have her name called again.

“Most athletic female… Julia Simmons!” the principal called again.

Once again Julia was floored as she stood up and went to receive her award. “Is this thing rigged?” she asked with a chuckle.

“Most athletic male… It’s a tie.” She said eying the card and smiling as she looked up. “Dmitri Calhoun and Zachery Martin!”

Julia’s eyes bucked as both of them stepped up. Oh this was no good! She thought as they eyed each other before posing by her for the camera. DC was awfully close. So close she could smell the cologne he wore. Usher. Oh god she was going to die if this boy didn’t unhand her. They way his arm was around her waist was a protective hold. She felt safe and comfortable there. “You look beautiful.” he whispered before they pulled apart. Julia watched as he walked away from her and back to his table where she soon saw his date. The blood running through her veins began to boil as she walked back to her table.

“Congrat’s baby.” Rena said as she leaned in to kiss him.

DC saw Julia looking and he quickly dodged Rena’s juicy red lips. Julia looked at him and looked away when she seen him move. Why was she ready to cry!? Why did she want to go over there and stab that bitch?

“Lia you ok?” Tiffany asked seeing her biting on her lower lip.

She just nodded and looked down. “I need to step out for a second.” she said quickly pulling back from the table and getting up.

“Wait! Li!” Tiffany called as she jumped up and went after her. She ran out the room with her and followed her to the fountain that was away from their rented room. “What’s wrong momma-kat?” Tiff asked sitting next to her. She shook her head and looked down at the water.

Tiffany made her look her way. “What’s wrong baby?” she asked motherly.

“I wanna go home.” she cried.

“No… Why? Everything is going great. Who messed with you? Let me know and I‘ll take care of it! Was it that punk Zach?” Jonathan asked as he came up. He saw when Tiff and Lia jumped up and quickly excused himself from his date to check on them. Jonathan was on the football team and over the course of Julia’s introduction into the high school the middle of her sophomore year, he took care of her as if she was his baby sister.

“No it’s not. I’m with one boy but I desperately wanna be with the other.” she cried again, looking up at John-John, his nickname. John-john sat next to her and pulled his little “sister” into his arms. Tiffany knew all to well what she was talking about. She then wrapped her arm around Julia’s waist. “It’s going to be ok… I promise.” she soothed rubbing her side.

Back inside DC was having the hardest time trying to keep himself grounded. He felt something was up, just the way she got up and left, made him aware that something was wrong with her.

“Female with the best hair… Julia Simmons!” Mrs. Jones called out as she looked around and didn’t see her. “Julia Simmons!” she called again as the spotlight searched around for her. “Simmons!” she called again beginning to worry. She turned to look at the other senior authority and she shrugged. She gestured for her to come and finish while she went to look for her. Julia may have been a quick tempered student but Mrs. Jones cared for her a lot. She never saw a girl that fought so hard for what she believed in or called a teacher out and made them think twice about their own selves. To be honest Julia was Mrs. Jones favorite student.

Ms. Troy took the mic and Mrs. Jones left the room in search of Julia. Meanwhile DC’s leg was shaking as he kept struggling. Rena was paying attention to some girl across to the table so he wasn’t too much worried about her. She’s ok. She just went to the restroom. He told himself as he looked back over to the table and saw Zach.

“I’ll be back need to use the restroom.” DC whispered in Rena’s ear. She smiled and nodded, before turning back to the girl across the table. DC shook his head and walked out the room.

Zach got up as well and followed DC out. “What did you say to her?” Zach asked pushing him into the wall.

DC was taken by surprise but he didn’t let it stop him. “I don’t know what your problem is but you better let me go!” DC warned.

“You said something to her. Nobody angers her like that but you! You said anything out of the way and I swear I’ll beat your ass!”

DC pushed Zach off of him when he just so happened to see Mrs. Jones. He also spotted Tiffany. He shot Zach a look before saying one little thing. “The only way you’ll beat my ass is if I’m dead and on a cold slab!” he fussed before walking away.

By the fountain, Mrs. Jones spotted her students and went by them. “Honey, are you ok?” she asked seeing the tears spilling from her eyes.

Tiffany nodded. “She’s fine. She’s… Just emotional because this is our last year.” she said not sounding very convincing. “Julia everything with be alright… I promise.” she tried to instill in her. Trying to get her to calm down long enough to get Mrs. Jones to believe her and let them be.

Julia pulled away from them and stood up. “But how!! How will it ever be alright if I’m with Zach but my heart is begging to be with somebody else!? It’ll never be alright if I can’t have him…I… I may sound desperate or crazy or stupid but that’s how I feel! There’s nothing I can do about it.” She cried. “I love him and he… He’ll never know because he’s always chasing skirts! And he never… never once taken the time look at me. Taken the time to even give me that chance!”

“Julia…” John-John hissed as he looked up. Tiffany looked up as well and got this look of Uh-oh! on her face.

“Julia, honey, calm down.” Mrs. Jones soothed as she stepped up and rubbed her back.

“No! I need to get this off my chest… I don’t love Zach… I don’t! I can’t find it in me to love him. He doesn’t give me that feeling. But you wanna know who I do love… I love DC… I love Dmitri… Been that way since we were little.” She expressed.

John-John and Tiff looked at her with this dumbfounded look on their faces. Mrs. Jones dropped her hand and looked at her as well.

“Julia…” A deep voice behind her, called out. She stood frozen when she heard it.
End Notes:

Ha! There is another part that I am working on. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please tell me what you all think.

A/N: This Julia's dress and shoes.

JD JS

How Could You? by PassionK
Author's Notes:

Ok... I will admit I was a little doubtful about the chapter before this one. I don't why but I felt I didn't do something right. I still feel that way but I don't what else I can do to change that. So I thought maybe another chapter would help me out and in away it sorta did but then again not so much. But let me just say,I do feel good about this one. I worked on this basically all morning, (I was suppose to be paying attention to the professor but he was going over what I already knew. bleh!) So while he went on with his lesson I typed and re-edit. Reread and reread again until I felt it was right.

Anyway enought chit-chatting here's the chapter4, How Could You? Also I would like to thank everybody that has commented, I'm sorry I didn't respond to them I will try to do better with that. Thanks to those who have read the story. Ok I'm done talking. Please enjoy!

John-John and Tiff looked at her with this dumbfounded look on their faces. Mrs. Jones dropped her hand and looked at her as well.

“Julia…” A deep voice behind her, called out. She stood frozen when she heard it. “Julia…” they called again.

She looked at Tiff before slowly turning around. When she saw him she sighed. The look on his face made her step back and hit John-John’s chest.

“What did you just say?” He asked stepping up.

“Yo man back up.” John-John warned stepping in front of Julia.

“Ok both of you calm down. Zach go back inside.”

Zach waved the principal off and looked at Julia once again. “Repeat it.” he barked.

Julia swallowed and looked past him at DC who looked just as shocked. Or maybe it was embarrassment. She couldn’t tell. She looked back at Zach. “You heard me.” she said moving back in front of John-John. She never been afraid of anybody but her father and she wasn’t going to start backing down now. She wasn’t about to let him talk her down. Throw her confidence on the floor and smash, no she couldn’t let that happen.

“No I don’t think I did.”

“Zach! Cool it or I’ll have the police escort you out of here.” Mrs. Jones warned pulling him back. Zach backed off but kept his eyes on her. He appeared to be hurt by her words. After everything he’d done for her. Bought for her. This is how she treats him.

“Look if this is about earlier. I’m sorry.”

“No Zach… No your not. Look I don’t care anymore. I just… I’ve been dealing with this for as long as I could remember and no matter how hard I try… I can’t let it go. I can’t just shield my feelings and act like they weren’t or aren’t there. I just can’t.”

“Julia…” he said stepping up. “Listen I’m sorry I pressured you. I don’t even know what I was thinking.” he pleaded.

“Oh you knew what you were thinking… You can’t seem to hold on. You can’t seem to put aside your need for sex to think about what I’m ready and not ready for. Earlier you showed me you weren’t that same old caring Zach. You showed me you were only with me for one thing and one thing only. Sex. If that’s the only reason you agreed to come with me, then you need to go on and get it somewhere else, because your not getting it from me.”

Tiffany stepped up this time. “You heard her Zach. You want sex you need to get it from somebody else----!”

“He get’s Tiff.” John-John chimed in with a chuckle. Tiffany always liked to instigate.

Julia just shrugged. “I’m going home.” She stomped away from Zach and back into the ballroom to get her purse. DC who heard everything was still in shock. How the hell did she just say all of that and walk away with her head intact. She put him in his place and left.

She walked right past him when she entered the room and he ran after her. “Julia don’t go.” He said. Julia turned around. “Stay here… Stay here and enjoy the night.”

Julia was hoping he would say something about her confession but he didn’t. Leading her to drop her head. Not looking into his eyes she sighed. “I can’t.”

“Why are you always running. Sometimes running is not always a good idea.”

“You wanna know why I’m running… Because I just confessed my feelings to you. And what do you do. Nothing! Not a thing. You just stand there and talk to me as if what I said was a joke.”

“Julia I’m not trying to---”

“DC I said I loved you! And you just stood there. I don’t usually do stuff like that and when I finally do… When I finally do put it out there it… Look! I came out of my shell and I… I released. I admitted! But you do nothing. Do you know how much that hurts? Do you know how it makes me feel?” Julia asked with a small cry. “Oh right I forgot you only think about those girls with big breast and a big butt. Oh how could I be so inconsiderate of what you want!”

“Oh come on! Have you seen the way I look at you. I do care about you.” he said holding her hand.

Shocked!, “Why am I just finding out?” she asked looking at him.

“Why am I just finding out about you having feelings for me?” he asked still looking at her.

“I… I… “

“So it’s her now? Well thanks for the heads up!” Rena said tapping his shoulder.

DC rolled his eyes and turned. “Rena you knew what the deal was in the beginning.” he said simply. “You know I…”

“You only brought me so you can show me off and take me home and fuck my brains. Well it’s nice to know I was only a hit it and quit it thought.” Rena sighed and looked at Julia. “I hope it’s good because if it isn’t he’s going to do you like he does all the others. Leave ’em high and dry.” she said with a smug look before walking off.

DC looked at Julia. “It’s wasn’t even like that. I was not going to do anything with her. I swear.”

“Hold up!” Zach bellowed as he barged into the room and over to the table. “Did Dmitri here tell you he made a bet on you. A bet to see who would get you first. And it was all his idea.”

“WHAT! Hell no! Julia it wasn’t even like that.” DC stammered. “Lia he’s lying. I never made a bet.”

“Oh so you didn’t say. ‘I’ve known her longer. I know her better than you. I also live next door to her. Let’s just see who’ll really get her.’ Those were your words! You challenged me!” Zach forced turning back to Julia. “You don’t believe me, you can ask Monica. She’ll tell you. She was there.”

Julia stepped back. “You made a bet on me! DC how could you!?”

“How could I? How could he?”

“How could I? Oh lets not forget my man you said it. I never agreed on it. I never shook your hand and said you were on. No those words never escaped my lips.” Zach said singing like a canary bird.

“Julia don’t listen to him. He took it the wrong way.”

“How can you take a bet the wrong way. Did you or did you not say, let’s see who’ll get her first?”

“Man shut-up!”

“No! Answer the question. Prove to me you didn’t say it and I’ll forget about it. I won’t mention it again.”

All DC could do was look at her. Hope she would understand he didn’t bet he could bed her first. That he bet that he could… Well either way he didn’t bet that he would have sex with her first. That was never the case. Julia nodded, “It’s nice to know that somebody that actually cares for me made a bet on me. For a minute there I thought you were different. I thought that maybe you wouldn’t treat me that way.”

“Julia I didn’t---”

“Lia, what happened?” Nico asked walking up to her with a pissed look on his face. He received a text from Julia no even 10mins ago. “Who pissed you off? Which one need a ass whooping?” he asked looking at the two boys who looked to be fighting over her. “What’s going on?” he asked getting into big brother mode.

“Nothing… I just wanna… I just wanna go home.” she sighed. She didn’t think he would have gotten there so fast. He lived in the apartments right down the street from the hotel but damn was he waiting on her text!

“You’ve been crying.” He noticed, raising her head and looking in her eyes. He saw hurt and that was all he needed. “Who was it Julia? Which one of these fools pissed you off?”

“Nobody! Alright! I just want to go home!” she fussed as she stomped past him towards the door.

Nico looked at them and bucked. “I’m going to find out and when I do… I’m coming back.” he warned. Nico started to walk off when he saw Tiff standing by the door. He just winked before he ran out and chased after Julia.

Julia’s heels clicked and clacked as she walked out the hotel building. The bottom of her beautiful dress dragging the ground. “Ugh!” she fussed pulling it up and walking even faster. “Can’t believe I wasted my money. My time on the crap!” she hissed making it to the car and pulling the door open. She slammed the door close and sat back. “Can’t believe he made a bet on me. He… ugh!” she fussed to no one as the car door opened and closed and Nico started the car.

“Si---”

“I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to go home. Just take me home… please.” she begged looking out the window.

Nico sighed. “Whatever you want… But you know momma and daddy aren’t home.”

“Good! Because I just want to be alone.” she mumbled.

~BACK INSIDE THE HOTEL~


“Why did you let her walk away? Why didn’t you tell her you felt the same way!?” she asked pushing him.

“I did tell her but he came over and told her that I made a bet on her. And she got pissed off.”

“You betted on her! What the hell were you thinking DC?”

“I wasn’t thinking! I was mad. He came to me with this arrogant ass attitude and I tried to put him in his place. The bet wasn’t for real. It was just to get him to shut the hell up and back off.”

“Damn DC! You keep this up and you’ll never get her.” Tiff sighed with disgust. “Ok now what… Now you need to go over there and get her. Go to her house and tell her about the stupid bet. Tell her it didn’t meant anything. Tell her your feelings for her are real.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?” She asked. “DC the girl cares about you! You care about her. What is the problem with telling her that?”

“Because I can’t.”

“That’s not good enough… Because what? She not one of your hoes. She not easy to get into bed. What is it?” she asked wondering what was in the Texas water.

DC looked away.

“So you’re just going to pretend you never cared for her? Have we forgotten that I know you better than anybody. You’ve cared for that girl since we were kids. Why are you going to let this chance slip away? Why? Please explain that to me.”

“Because she’s not like those girls. That’s just it. I know me and I know her… She isn’t ready to be with a boy like me. I don’t want her to be that girl that gives it up at the drop of a dime. That is why I can’t be with her.”

“Your not making sense.” she sighed massaging the bridge of her nose.

“Look… The girls I fuck with now… They’re… They’re not like Julia.”

“No shit, Einstein!”

“Damn it! Tiffany you’ll never understand.” he sighed throwing up his hands.

Tiffany turned him around. “Why can’t you tell her what you’ve been wanting to tell her since she was five? DC the girl just out and practically told everybody that she loved you and not Zach. She just made it that much easier for you and then you let her run out of here without explaining to her what the bet meant. You just showed your ass by not being upfront with the girl.”

“Tiff I know how I am… I’m a playboy. I want it when I want it, no questions asked!”

“Well you can just stop that… Julia is a good girl and she loves you… You love her.” she expressed again. “You really care for her… I mean really care for her you would forget about need for sex.” Hoping like hell he would forget about the need for sex and be with the girl he’s always dreaming about. From what she saw those girls didn’t do much to keep his attention. Julia wasn’t even giving him any and she kept his attention. Kept his nose wide open!

“She’s right man… Those other girls aren’t anything but a bad disease waiting to be caught. But Julia… Julia’s a gem. Rough around the edges I’ll admit but that’s what make her, Julia Simmons. You don’t have to worry about her doing something you know those others will do.” Dustin stepped in. Putting in his .02.

“And at least you know with Julia it isn’t about your status or where you’re going in the future. Not hitting on you or anything, but you got the looks. You got skills. You got brains. You can make it big out there. That’s why they look at you. That’s why they’re throwing themselves at you. Your big brother is a football player and your other brother is about to sign a deal with a baseball team. No telling what you will be doing later on… Your name… That‘s what they want.” Tiff added. “Think about it… Plus you’ve been wanting her since you were little. You didn’t even know what love meant but you knew you loved her. You knew that’s who you wanted to be with… Go be with her. Go love her.”

~AT JULIA’S~


Nico did as she asked. He took her home, even stopped and got her something to eat on the way. “Are you sure you want to be alone?” he asked when he pulled up into the driveway. “Because right now you look like you need a shoulder or something.”

“As much as I appreciate that. Me being alone is the best. Please.”

“Alright but call me if you need me. You know I’ll be right over.”

“I know. Thank you.” She kissed his cheek and got out the car. Julia fished her keys out her purse and let herself in before turning around and waving to Nico that she was alright.

Julia put her food down in the kitchen and went to the living room. When she walked in, “Why are you home so early?” Debbie turning on the lamp and looking at her sister. “Oh my god! What happened!?” she asked getting up and going over to her. “What happened baby… Tell me.”

The minute she wrapped her arms around Julia, was the minute she broke down into tears. “Oh honey… It’s ok… It’s ok.” she soothed rubbing her back and moving to the couch with her in her arms. “Come on tell me what happened.”

“I confessed… I told him how I felt and he just… He…”

“What did he say?”

“They made a bet on me. They made a bet to see who was going to get me first.”

“No…”

“I feel like a fool! I said I loved him in front of everybody and he told me he cared about me. I was going to give him a chance. I felt that connection and then this happens. If he cared about me so much, why did he bet on me. Why?” she cried into her sister’s chest.

“It’s ok…”

Julia pulled away. “How can it be ok? How will it ever be ok? I had one boy pressuring me for sex and then I had another one who was secretly betting he could get with me.” she said standing up. “It hurts… It hurts to know how they talk about you behind your back. It hurts to even think about how I was ready to give myself to DC… I… Thought he was The One and he just proved to me he wasn‘t.”

“Julia…” Debbie sighed reaching for her.

Julia threw her hands up and walked out.

DC wasn’t letting her get away that easily. Not even! He almost did but thanks to Tiffany and Dustin he didn’t. Tiffany was right, he loved her before he knew what the word love meant. He always dreamed about Julia. Every time he closed his eyes she invaded his dreams. That pretty smile. That goofy but cute laugh. All of that made him at peace when he closed his. That made him rest easy.

Peeling out of the parking lot like he was crazy. He needed to explain to her that the bet was nothing. That the bet didn’t mean to see who would get her into bed first. Let her know the bet was silly and he never thought of her that way… He never wanted her to think he was after her for sex. That’s not what he looked at her for. That’s not what he wanted from her. Mean yea that too, but he wanted her more than sex. If they never had sex then he wouldn’t have a problem with that. He just wanted her. He just needed her.

Julia walked into her room and slammed the door. Tears were streaming down her face as she clicked on the lamp. “Stop crying… He… He made his choice and…” She tried to finish but it was too much for her. Julia laid on her bed and curled up into a tight ball and buried her head in the pillow. She was so emotional. She was so heartbroken.

Tears, snot! All of that mixed into one as she laid there. Then… Something made her stop. “Debbie I just want to be alone.” she cried figuring it was just Debbie checking in on her.

She heard a soft creak. She saw her closet door open! Just open! Fear seized her as began to whimper. “Oh god…” she cried softly. She looked around. First she got her heart broken now she was about to be killed. This was not how she planned the night! This is not how she thought her life would end.

“Debbie…“ She called in a whisper. When nobody said anything Julia’s heart began to race. Not the kind of race she felt when she was running. No this was much faster and harder. Julia got up from the bed and started easing to the door before she could get it open she saw something black come for her face. “AHHHHhhhhhh!” She screamed

End Notes:
Tell me what you all think... Honestly!
Care To by PassionK
Author's Notes:

Awe! Thank you all for your comments. I do believe I replied to them all, if not. Then, I want to thank you for reading and commenting. I love it! I saw somebody tried to get 3chapters out of me. Hey you never know what'll happen between today and friday. Anyway I won't hold you all long, I do want to apologize for any typo's. I'm currently doing two things at once. Again please forgive me!

Anyway you all enjoy... Was it Zach? Did DC get to her on time? Read and find out! Love ya!

“Debbie…“ She called in a whisper. When nobody said anything Julia’s heart began to race. Not the kind of race she felt when she was running. No this was much faster and harder! As if it was getting it’s last race before it just up and quit! Julia got up from the bed and started easing to the door before she could get it open she saw something black come for her face.

“AHHHHhhhhhh!” She screamed.

“Shhhhh….” They said covering her mouth in mid-pitch. She kept fighting it. “It’s me.” they whispered.

Julia stopped fighting and sighed with relief. But that only lasted a few seconds, she turned around and pushed him back. “What the hell is your problem!?” she hissed. “Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?”

Debbie got up the stairs as fast as her big stomach would allow. “Julia!” she called.

Julia heard her coming and looked around the room. “Get in the closet.” she whispered pushing him to the opened door. The same time she closed the door, her bedroom door opened.

“What’s wrong?” Debbie asked turning on the room light, out of breath.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing…” she said. “So that scream was just in my mind?” she asked taking a seat on the bed to catch her breath.

“Scream?” Julia asked making it look like nothing happened. “What scream?” she asked again. “I… I… I didn’t hear a scream”

Debbie looked at her as if she was crazy. “I heard you scream. I know I’m not going crazy… I know a scream when I hear one.” she said standing back up. “What’s going on?”

“Ohhhhh!” she chuckled nervously. “The scream… That scream… I saw something in the window and it freaked me out.” she explained waving it off.

“Seriously?” Debbie asked not all that convinced. “Ok what did you see?”

“See… I thought the lizard that was on my window was inside. It took me a second to realize it was the belly of the lizard. See just a big misunderstanding.” She shrugged.

Debbie walked over to the window and looked out. The closet door opened and Julia leaned against it. “I don’t see any--- What’s wrong with you?” she asked seeing her sister trying to do something with the door.

The person handed her, her dress bag and she turned around. “I was getting my bag. I was coming to get it when I saw the thing and I freaked and ran back to my bed.” she laughed holding the bag in front of her.

“Ooook.” Debbie said turning back to the window. “Oh and please keep these things lock. There’s not telling what kind of crazy bastards are lurking around here.” She said locking the top of the window.

“I can think of a few.” She mumbled. The person reached out and pinched her arm, leading her to hiss.

“Excuse me?”

“I said, I’m sure it’s quite a few… I’m sorry. I‘ll keep it locked.”

“Ok well you go on and change. Get into some much more comfortable.” She said walking to the door and turning around before she walked out. “Are you sure your ok? I mean with the whole DC thing? I know you said you felt that connect---”

“Deb!” Julia cut off. “It’s fine… I’m fine…” she said trying to get her to stop talking by all means. “Trust me. I think so time alone will be just what the doctor ordered and more. Maybe even a goodnight‘s rest.”

Debbie smiled and nodded before she walked out, closing the door behind her. Julia waited awhile before she went to check. She saw her go down the stairs before she closed the door again and locked it. “Come out.” she hissed throwing the bag on the bed. “What the hell are you doing in here!? How did you--- Look never mind how… No not never mind. How did you get up here?”

“Julia… I’m superman. I flew up here.” he joked.

“DC…” She whined.

“Alright… Alright…I climbed up here.”

“How long have you been in there?”

“Not long. I just closed the door when you came in. Listen when you left, I couldn’t let you just come home and be pissed at me forever. I needed to make things right. So after you left I wasn’t that far behind.”

“You know that’s not a good thing to do! I could have had a gun.

DC started laughing. “God! I have to do that again.” he said sitting on the bed.

Julia didn’t find anything funny as she turned and looked at him. “DC I’m not laughing.”

“Julia I needed to talk to you and the only way that could happen is if I---”

“You snuck into my room and scared me half to death. Oh that’s real smart! How’s about ringing the doorbell or waiting until we saw each other again.”

“Because either way you would have ignore me.”

“Well I have good reason to ignore you.” She sighed. “How could you make a bet on me?” she asked pacing the room. “I mean seriously DC did you think I wasn’t going to find out.?”

“No… I didn’t think you weren’t going to find out. I thought I was going to be able to tell you about it. And can we not call it a bet. Technically ole boy was right, it‘s not a bet unless when shake on it.”

“Real nice.” she scoffed.

“Can we go someplace and talk? Please.”

Julia sighed and shook her head. “No.” she said with a shrug. “You messed up when you made a bet on me.”

“Julia… … Please.”

“Not until you tell me why. Why did you do it?” she asked crossing her arms.

DC looked around and sighed. “Nice room. Never thought you liked purple that much.”

“Thanks, I did it myself… But I’m serious. Why?” She said taking his compliment and changing the subject back to something more serious.

“You look beautiful despite the red, puffy eyes.” he said still changing the subject. But he was serious about how she look. Despite her eyes, she looked beautiful.

Julia began to blush. “Thank you.” she smiled reaching to twirl a curl around her finger. “Arghh! Stop it! Answer the question.” She said snapping out of lala land. Ugh! Sometimes he made her so mad.

“If you come with me I can explain everything.”

“Why do I have to go with you? Why can’t you tell me right here and right now?”

“Julia. Please I’m begging you. Change clothes and come with me.” he begged willing to get on his knees and grovel for all it was worth!

Julia softened up and sighed. “No funny business!” she pointed.

“No funny business.” He held his hands up in surrender.

“Ok… Ok… I’ll meet you outside.” She reluctantly agreed.

“Alright let me go change and we’ll go.” Those were the words he said but inside he would doing a happy dance. Call it childish but that’s how he felt!

Julia nodded and walked him to the window. He let himself out and turned back to her. “Don’t stand me up.” he whispered. She began to giggle. “I won’t…Oh god… Be careful!” she yelped when she saw him let go and fall back. He landed on his feet and looked up waving. “You’re a fool.” she laughed, waving back and closing the window.

Julia walked over to her vanity and sat down. She should have been steaming mad at him! Should have been ready to push him put the window but instead she agreed and even laughed… No she giggled. She giggled like a little school girl. Sighing because she still couldn’t believe she agreed to this, she got up and changed.

DC snuck into his house and to his room. He don’t know why he was sneaking his parents were too busy to even notice he was home. Blocking out his mother’s moans, he quickly changed into some jeans, air forces, and a blue polo. Still sneaking, he grabbed some loose change off the counter and left the house. He ran to his car and started it up.

Julia changed into her baby phat, blue long sleeve hoodie and the pants to match. Under the hoodie she had on a white tank top and a pair of ice white air-force ones. She went downstairs, because she wasn’t about to jump out no window. She peeked around the corner only to see Debbie rubbing her stomach in her sleep. Good because she didn’t feel like explaining anything to anybody, she grabbed her keys off the table and snuck out of the house.

DC drove until they ended up at a park. The whole way he had been wanted to hold her hand. Even start a conversation but he didn’t want to risk her yelling at him to pull over and let her walk home. Julia looked like the type to do that. The same went with Julia, she wanted to hold his hand, talk to him but she didn’t want to say anything that was going to get her put out of the car. Like he would be crazy enough to do that but still, she couldn’t be sure.

“Julia… I’m sorry about earlier.” DC started after he parked and they sat in silence for awhile.

“Why did you do it?” She asked finally looking at him. “When did you do it?”

“The day you fell. I was making sure you got in the truck good and Monica stepped over. Then Zach and he was going on and on about how he didn’t want me looking at you. Wondering why I was looking at you and I simply told him you were my friend and I was just looking out. Then the fool accused me of looking at you as if you were more than my friend.” DC scoffed. Yea he was looking at her as if she was his girlfriend but that didn’t give the fool authority to call him out. It wasn’t like he was touching her. “Anyway, I just… I was pissed. Then he made a threat. Saying he would do whatever to keep you. I got enough of the arrogance and I told him I could get you first. But I didn’t mean get you into bed first. The bet wasn’t even real it was just something I said to scare him up a little.” he shrugged looking at her. “You have to know I wouldn’t put you in anything like that. Seriously. I care to much about you.”

Julia raised her head. “Do you really mean that?”

“What part?” he asked. “The part about me caring about you?”

“Yea… Do you really care about me?”

“Of course I care about you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why did you make me feel like you were looking over me?”

DC sat back in his seat and sighed. “I didn’t mean to make you feel like that. But I didn’t tell you because… I was… I was afraid.”

“Afraid of what?” she unbuckled her seat belt and turned to him. “Afraid that wouldn’t feel the same way about you. Afraid that I would laugh in your face and walk away or ruin you precious rep.”

“Why is my reputation always the question in this. You think I‘m that shallow.”

“Your words, not mine. But to be honestly I haven’t seen you dating girls like me.”

DC shook his head. “No I wasn’t afraid of my rep being ruined. To be honest that’s nothing to me. I was afraid of my being with you because of my rep.” he said looking back over. She looked confused and it made him laugh. “I mean its no mystery what I do with those girls. It’s no mystery how I got my nickname BDC…”

Julia giggled. “No… it’s no mystery.” she replied. She overheard the name from one of the girls in the locker room and even though she hated the way they were talking about him, but the name made her laugh.

“See!” DC chuckled. “But… No, my being with you is nothing bad it’s just.. We know how I am. I like sex. I’m a playboy and you don’t deserve to be with somebody who can’t keep it in his pants. You deserve somebody that’ll be truthful to you.”

“So your saying… …” She stopped and looked down. “You can’t change your ways… Even for me.”

DC raised her head and cupped her face. “Look at you already asking me to change.“ he teased. “I can change… I can change a lot if I’m with you.”

“But you just said I don’t deserve to be with you.”

“I know what I said… And I know what I’m saying now… I want to be with you. I want you to be with me.”

“Wait, your confusing me.” She chuckled pulling away and taking a deep breath. Finally she opened the door and got out, wrapping her arms around. DC followed and stood behind her. “You want to be with me or don’t you. Because right now I’m not getting any of this. You say you do and you would change for me but then again you sound like you mean something else.” she said turning around. “If you brought me out here to tell me you want to be with me but you can’t, then it was a waste of my time and your gas!”

“Julia listen to me…”

“Answer the question! Do you feel the same way I feel about you? Do you or do you not want to be with me!”

Julia began to wonder why she got loud. It was like they were married and he was trying to leave her. Why was she acting that way? Oh she knew why, because she loved him and she would probably do just about anything for him.

“I want to be with you… I want to be with you so bad it’s crazy. But I have a question, do you really wanna deal those girls staring you up in down because of what you got and they don‘t? Are you really ready to be BDC girl?”

“You make it sound like you’re a professional ball-player surrounding by hoes.”

“Well in high school, I’m just that.”

“No!” She fussed pulling back. “Forget about the names. Forget about the girls. Your rep. It’s what you want. Do you want me or do you not want me. It’s just that simple.”

DC sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “Julia…”

Julia tapped her foot before she turned and walked away. She barely made it to the back of the truck when he came around the other side and stood in front of her. DC sighed, he was so frustrated it was crazy. He was the one that couldn’t keep it together. It was all him. You want the girl. Then go get the girl. Stop being such an asshole! His big brother’s words echoed in his head. Go be with her. Go love her! Tiff’s word echoed in his head. Then… I love DC… I love Dmitri…

DC eyed her a minute before he made his move. He held her hands down and leaned in closer and closer. “What are you doing?” she asked quietly looking in his eyes, searching for a answer. He got closer. Closer. Until finally their lips grazed. She felt like she was surrounded by flames just from that little touch. “DC…” she sighed her eyes fluttering. She couldn’t believe what she was thinking. She was falling weak under his touch. “Kiss me.” she whispered.

DC, didn’t wait another minute as he just closed his lips to hers. He let her hands go and placed his own on her waist, pulling her close to him. For so long he wanted to taste her lips. For so long he wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go. DC parted her lips with his tongue, in search of her own. Which turned out to be the juiciest tongue he ever tasted.

Julia was kissing him…She was kissing him! And oh gawd! It felt so good. The way his tongue swirled around in her mouth. The way he held her. He held her with a possessive like squeeze, yet he was so gentle. At first she felt a little weird, that maybe if she moved something would jump off but soon she got comfortable and wrapped her arms around his neck. Zach never ever kissed her like this. When she and Zach kissed, it was always sloppy. Not the kind of kiss she dreamed of.

The kiss was so tantalizing she could hardly breathe. DC thought the same thing as he pulled back and looked at her. “I do care about you…” he said raising his hand and thumbing away the smeared lip gloss, on the corner of her lips. “I want you… I want you and only you! I’ve only wanted you since we were little. Those other girls don’t mean a damn thing to me! They don’t hold a candle to you.” he said breathing hard, not letting her go for one second.

Julia didn‘t know how it happened but it did. She started turning red! Out of no where, “What you said earlier… Were you making sure I was alright or were you watching me for a different reason?”

“If I said I was watching you for a different reason, what’ll happen?” DC asked cautiously.

Nice come back. “I’ll tell you I was watching you, watching me.” she said softly.

DC looked at her. “You would?”

“Ok stop that!” she laughed. “Yes! Yes I was watching you because I was secretly wishing Coach Laurel hadn’t interrupted us. I… I really wanted to kiss you.” she admitted. “But I’m glad we waited because that way nobody could interrupt us.”

“Yea I was thinking that same thing.” He whispered. Julia laid her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. “You never gave me that dance.” he said into her hair.

Julia pulled away and looked up at him. “Well…” she hinted. DC caught the hint and let her go just to cut on some music. Julia leaned on the side of the car and waited, patiently, hardly. She started thinking about DC and what just happened between them. It made her smile. It made her stomach do flips. She stood there wondering if she was too young to be in love. To fall this deep for somebody. She was only 17 and she felt she found the person she wanted to make her dreams come true.

DC returned to her side. “First… Open this birthday girl.” he almost begged holding out his hand that had a box laying in the center.

She was a little confused at first but she looked at her cell phone clock and saw it was the next day. Her birthday! So now, she was only 18. Was she still too young to fall in love this deep. “You remembered!” she squealed looking at the box and then back at him.

“How could I forget? You always had a party in the backyard.”

“And you and your brothers use to come over ruin it!”

“We didn’t ruin it. Just had a little fun. But here open it…” he urged.

“Ok.” Julia blushed gently taking the box and slowly removing the top. “Oh my god! This is beautiful!” She cried tracing the diamond, dragonfly pendant. “This had to be expensive… I can’t take this from you.” she said not wanting him to think she was all material things.

“Shhhh… I bought it and you are going to take it. Besides it’s your birthday.”

“I know, but your suppose to buy these kind of things for your wife or your mother. Not your teenage girlfriend.”

“So you’re my girlfriend?” he asked catching that last word.

She looked up. “Do you want to be my boyfriend?” she asked sounding like a kid. Only thing they were missing was a sheet of paper saying, will you go with me, Check yes or check no.

“Do you even have to ask… Yes Julia Ari Simmons, I want to be your boyfriend.”

“Oh god! Don’t say my middle name.”

“Why not! I like your middle name.” DC rolled his eyes and turned back to the gift, taking it out the box. He then placed it around her neck and hooked it. “I bought it for you. I know it’s a lot but it doesn’t matter what it cost. You wearing it is all that matters.”

Julia cried as she reached to her neck and fingered. “I’ll wear it until my dying day.” she promised when he came back in front of her. DC caught her tears with his lips.

The song he was thinking about came on and he pulled back smiling. “Would you like to dance?” he asked reaching for her hand.

“Yes.” she said giddily as she placed her hand on his and he pulled her into his arms. She laid her head on his chest and they began to move around. Julia felt safe in his arms. She felt warm. She felt complete. There goes that calming heartbeat again.

DC kissed her hair before he rested his head on top of her’s. His arms were around her waist, resting on the small of her back. He never felt this kind of touch from anybody else. He wanted this to last forever. “Julia.” he said low, when he heard her humming. She was too in the mood to even hear him. If they hadn’t been standing she would fall asleep just by hearing his heart thump against strong chest. DC didn’t want to take her from her world so he rested his head back on her’s and continued to hold her. Continued to dance around with her.
End Notes:
Who was right about who it was? ROTFL!! Tell me what you all think.
Was It Real Love? by PassionK
Author's Notes:

Hey everybody! First I want to say thanks to those that have commented. Loved them all! Thanks to those that have came and read...

Please forgive me for any typos, I am tired! It was suppose to be another part to this chapter but I can't finish that one right now. So I'm posting the first part, hopefully the other will be up tomorrow. Only time can tell. I won't waste your time so please enjoy and tell me what you think.

They danced well until 2am that morning. Slow danced. Got jiggy with it. Just so much they did that had them both laughing and praying that the night didn’t have to end. But it was time for it to end because one nobody knew that Julia left again and she was sure if she didn’t make it home soon they would find out. Then in turn send out search dogs. Larry was very good for doing that! Just ask Lauren!

The drive back home was quiet, but it was a good quiet. They held hands the whole time. Finally… “Thank you DC… Even though you ruined this night, you made it the best ever.”

“Ruined it!?” he chuckled keeping his eyes on the road.

“Yes ruined it. You made me yell and I don’t yell on a regular.”

“Oh whatever… I’m just glad you didn’t punch me.”

Julia giggled and raised her right fist. “Yea… I had to put him on lock down for the night. Doesn’t mean I won’t forget about you sneaking up on me. Trust me I’m going to get you back for that one.”

“I’d like to see you try.” he teased turning onto their street and driving down to their house. He pulled the car into his driveway and they got out. For some reason walking her home seemed better. They could have some more time together. They met up by the trunk took each other’s hand. “Thank for coming with me tonight.” he mentioned while they walked down the sidewalk.

“My pleasure. It was fun… We have to do it again… Soon.”

“How about tomorrow?” He suggested as they walked up her walk way.

“You mean later? It’s already tomorrow.” She teased squeezing his hand.

DC laughed as they walked onto her porch. “Ok smarty pants. Later… Good night girlfriend.”

“Goodnight boyfriend.” Their hands were at their sides, still entwined as they inched closer and their lips connected. She couldn’t get enough of those juicy lips. Their hands fell apart and wrapped around ones neck and waist.

~~~**~~~**~~~

2 Weeks! Those 2weeks were the best of her life. She and DC were damn near inseparable. They went to school together. Left school together. They sat with each other at lunch and hugged up. Fed each other, it was like they been together longer! They didn’t have to talk on the phone because when they got the urge to talk they met each other out on the balcony or at the sidewalk.

During those weeks, DC gave up the girls. When they came around he told them how it was and what it was going to be like from now on. They didn’t like it and made sure Julia was very aware of that. Every time they saw her they tried to break her.

“Bitch!” One of them fussed as she, Tiffany and Monica came into the pavilion, where their graduation was being held..

“Takes one to know one.” Julia shot back. She wasn’t about to let them get to her. Wasn’t about to let them ruin her chances at graduating. She got this far without socking one of them in the eye and she wasn’t about to mess that up. But that didn’t mean she wouldn’t get them in the near future.

“You one strong chick because I would have been knocked that bitch out.” Tiff bucked. Monica nodded in agreement.

“They are just jealous because of what I have. Oh but best believe they will get there’s… When they least expect it.” She promised.

“Julia Simmons!” Mrs. Jones called. Julia turned around. “Do you have your speech ready?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Do you need it to be already on the stand?” She asked reaching for the sheet of paper.

Julia shook her head. “No ma’am. It’s all up here.” she indicated tapping her head lightly with her finger.

“Oh my god… I wish you would let us place it up there. I’m telling you. I have seen some of the best get up there and forget their speech. It never fails.”

“Mrs. Jones I can handle it. Trust me.”

Mrs. Jones looked down. “I guess I have no choice.” she sighed reading the salutatorian speech. “Ok you all get in your places so we can take this picture. Right after, you all will line up to walk out.” She commanded leaving the large group.

Julia turned to Tiffany and Monica and they came and hugged her. “You better get up there and knock them dead. Make them wish they would have made you valedictorian!”

“You so silly.” She teased as she felt somebody wrap their arms around her waist. She didn’t have to worry because she knew who it was now. She knew that cologne from anywhere. “You can’t scare me anymore.” she reminded before turning around and greeting her man with a kiss.

“Hmmmm! Baby you keep that up and I can’t promise I’ll be a good boy.” He warned still holding her.

“Oh!’

“So you ready to get up there and face all of those people?” He asked trying to avoid her hands that was trying to fix his tie.

“Be still!” She scolded. “And yes I’m ready… I was born ready.” Julia finally fixed his tie. “Now don’t you look sexy.” DC rolled his eyes and kissed her cheek.

The graduating class of 2006 got in their places and posed for their last picture as a class.

“Today is the day that we take our steps to making our mark in the world. We say goodbye to the jocks, cheerleaders, and band geeks, and say hello to the future CEO's, doctors and lawyers sitting next to us...

Over these 4 yrs there have plenty of conflicts and trials that you have went thru, but you always have those few people you can call on when you need the chocolate chunk ice cream and a good chick flick, or when u need the boys to come over to talk about your girl who isn’t quite right. I for one have had my moments where I needed my friends more than anything. And today, as I stand up here in front of our family, our friends, our instructors, our unsung hero’s. I would like to tell, Tiffany, Monica, Tucker, Jonathan, Dmitri!… Thank you for being there for me in my time of need. Thank you for being the best friends anybody could have. To the teachers, Thank you for being so hard on us. Mrs. Jones you especially. Thank you for having opened ears when we came to you crying. Came to you with a problem. Thank you for having our backs. Thank you for believing in me… In us.

To my parents. Angela and Larry Simmons, my sisters Debbi and Lauren and brother Nicholas, thank you… Thank you for giving me life. Showing me love. Giving me a chance to spread my wings. This day wouldn’t have been possible without you, your love, your strength, your constant need to be all in my business… Thank you, I would not be standing here without all of you. To those that came out tonight to show your support, your love, thank you! You may not know it but you all are what kept us going. Kept us pushing.”

Now… To the class of 2006 its time to go out into this big bold blue and green, thing they call the world and leave your imprint on society, let them know that they are getting the best the world has to offer when they associate themselves with you, and always remember if you can't light up the world, light up the little corner you have. John F. Kennedy said it best, If not us, who? If not now, when?

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe! I am Julia Simmons your class of 2006, Salutatorian and I would like to thank you all for being present to hear my speech! Thank you!”

Julia moved from the podium and gave a bow. Everybody that was assembled in the building stood and applauded her on her wonderful speech. The uproar had her eyes watering. Wow! This was it. This was the end and the beginning. This was what success felt like.

“That’s my baby! I gave birth to her!” Angela yelled.

“I helped!” Larry yelled. Even though they were embarrassed by their parents out burst, Debbie, Lauren and Nico clapped and hollered.

“That’s my girl! You better tell it Chica!” Tiffany and Monica called out as they stood in their spots and clapped and did a whooping call.

One person had to do something crazy. DC left his seat and went up to the front, he was there to meet Julia when she walked down the steps. That is where he placed a kiss on her lips. “I love you.” he said into her lips.

Julia was in tears as they held each other. “I love you too.” she replied.

The ceremony went on without any drama.

“Julia Simmons.” The principal called. Julia smiled and walked across the stage to receive her diploma cover. No way they were giving the diploma that night. “Congratulations.” He whispered.

Her class stood up and cheered her on. Even those who she never really liked. But the loudest was her family. She swear her parents called them all to be apart of this.

More names were called and when they came to, “Dmitri Calhoun.” the class was extra loud. One in particular was Julia.

“I love you!” She called as he winked and did another stupid thing. He ran up to the microphone. “I love you Julia Simmons!” he said before he ran off and went back to his seat. Julia’s cheeks began to burn with excitement. Tonight couldn’t be any better.

DC was loving it. The name calling. The hollering. He heard his family and he turned to wave at them. He saw they all had on shirts that had a letter from his name painted on them. “BDC!” One of his boys out of nowhere calls. DC chuckled and waved at him.

“I love you baby!” Victoria called.


~~~**~~~**~~~

Days later, Julia walked up the porch and rung the bell. Soon somebody greeted her. “Julia.” Victoria said with a hint of nastiness.

“Hi, Mrs. Calhoun.” she replied. She let that nastiness slide. “Is Dmitri here?” she asked softly.

“Why?”

“Well because I need to talk to him.”

Victoria rolled her eyes. “Stay here.” she replied closing the door.

Julia rolled her eyes as well. She didn’t get this woman. Sometimes she thought the woman was bi-polar. Anyway, Julia turned and took a seat on the porch swing. What she had to tell him wasn’t going to be the best thing ever. Especially now that they were closer than ever. She couldn’t believe this was happening.

“Hey babe. What’s up!” DC greeted coming out the door and going over to hug her. They shared a kiss before they sat back down. “What’s going on? You look sad. Or pissed. Or… Well you don’t look happy. What’s wrong?”

“You uh… You know I love you… Right?”

“I never doubted it.”

“And you know I would never do anything intentionally to break us up.”

“I didn’t… at first…” he said slowly. “Lia baby what’s going on?” He asked nervously. Julia sighed and handed him a envelope. He looked at her a while before he opened it and read the first couple of lines. “Wow! This is good! What’s the deal?” he asked not getting it. “You got accepted into NYU, what so bad about---- Wait… Wait…” He got it. “Your leav… Your leaving me?”

“DC I’m so sorry! When I sent my letter I had no idea we would even be together. I didn’t even believe they would accept me!” she shrieked jumping up and pacing the porch.

“Well…”

“Well what?” She asked turning to look at him.

“You can’t go.” DC stood up and gave the letter back.

“What!?” Julia asked wondering if she was hearing right. This was the school of her dreams. She always wanted to go to New York. Always been her dream to live in a big city.

“You can’t go…” DC replied simply. “Say you didn’t receive the letter. Say you’ve been accepted somewhere else… But you aren’t going. Sorry. You just can’t.”

Julia stepped back. “DC…”

“No Julia! I just got you and I am not ready to let you go! I don’t plan on it.”

“But this is---”

“Is crap! Julia you leave and your walking away from us… from something we both fought like hell to get.”

Julia, “So if I leave we’re… we’re finished?” she asked carefully. DC didn’t reply he just ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “I thought you loved me!”

“I do love you!”

“If you loved me you would see this is something I have to do. DC this is my dream!”

“I thought I was your dream?”

“And you are… You are that and so much more. But I---”

“You can’t have me and New York… It won’t work that way.” DC nonchalantly replied. “It’s either me or NYU.”

Damn, she thought as her free hand slapped against her thigh. She thought he was better than that. They always talked about their dreams. Their goals and they supported them but now that her dream came looking for her he stopped. He stopped caring. Julia and DC stood on the porch in silence.

DC didn’t mean to give her an ultimatum but he just got her. He unfortunately didn’t get accepted to NYU. But that didn’t matter. He didn’t want their relationship to end before it had a chance to actually began. He wasn’t ready to let the woman of his dreams go. Was it so wrong that DC just wasn’t man enough to believe if you let them go and you love them enough, they will return. Was it wrong that DC felt if she left he would be nothing. Julia was his world. His number one girl.

After the silence became unbearable, Julia walked down the steps of the porch. She didn’t have the strength to turn and tell him bye, all she could do was walk away and go back to her own home. Go back to the place she knew!


~~~**~~~**~~~


“What’s wrong baby girl?” Larry asked when he passed by her room and saw her crying, leading him to turn around.

“I’m lost.”

“What you mean?”

“DC… He doesn’t want me to go to NYU… He gave me a ultimatum. Either him or New York.”

Larry knew it wouldn’t be long before that fool messed up. When were men going to learn you can’t give a woman an ultimatum. Especially a smart one. “What did you say?”

“I walked away… Daddy I don’t want to leave him but I don’t want to… I never thought he would do that. This is my dream! This is what I worked hard for!”

“Well honey. You know what you have to do.”

“But---”

“But nothing slugger… It’s your decision. It’s your life. You live it the way you were meant to live it.” Larry stood up from the bed and planted his lips on her forehead. “You dream it, you do it! Don’t let anybody stop you from growing. Don’t let anybody stop you from being all you can and want to be!”

End Notes:

If this is happening then that means something else is happening. So don't leave just yet, this is just probably a beginning!

It's Happening by PassionK
Author's Notes:
First I want to thank you all for reading and commenting. Love them! Second this is a two part chapter... Enjoy!

When Julia just walked away and didn’t turn back, DC stormed into the house and down the hall to his room. He was swinging the door closed when somebody’s big hand slapped against it. “You know momma is going to kill you the next time you slam her door.”

“Well I’ll just be a dead man.” DC sighed as he plopped on the bed and crossed his arms. “What is it with girls! I mean one minute they want you and the next they want to go off to some other state…”

“So Julia got accepted into NYU?” He gathered.

“How you know?”

“Streets be talking…”

“You listened in on our conversation!”

“Well hell what you expect me do when nothing else is on TV and the drama is out on the porch. Seriously dude you need to learn a thing or two about women. They don’t like being told what to do. They don’t like it when you keep them from doing something that means a lot to them.”

“I’m not keeping her from being a physical therapist. I just don’t understand why she can’t do it closer to home.”

“If I remember correctly she isn’t going just to be a physical therapist… NY has the best schools for ballet. Something she’s into.”

DC looked down, shaking his head. “Damn ballet! What is it about having to put on a tutu and dance around on the stage. I don’t understand!”

“Of course you wouldn’t. Your not a chick or gay.” Keith sat down on the bed. “Look you just made a big mistake by letting her go like that… Even though she walked away, I’m sure that was the last thing she wanted. She was probably hoping you would stop her. Maybe even decide to chase that dream with her.”

“I didn’t get accepted into NYU… If I can’t go then I don’t want her to go.”

Keith shook his head. “That’s just selfish. You have a lot to learn my man.” Keith stood up and walked to the door. “Julia isn’t one your hit it and quit it girls. She’s not the type to change her life long dream at the drop of a dime. No-no. She’s the type that has her stuff planned out. That has her mind made up. And is going to do what makes her happy, whether you like it or not.” Keith added honestly.

“I know and I don’t want her to be that girl but am I wrong for wanting her to stay here with me. Where she belongs.”

“Hell yea! You can’t go asking your girl to just drop her dream for you. Especially if you haven’t put a ring on it. Especially with a background like your own.”

“I’ve changed.” DC defended.

“You’ve been a changed man going on a month. Dude! You’ve been a player since you were a freshman.”

“But that was the old DC. Not like I’m going to cheat on her… I care for her too much to do that.”

“Well if you care for her that much you would understand how much this means to her. You will find away to be with her. You care for that much, you wouldn’t have let her walk away like you did.”

“She walked away from me!”

“Doesn’t matter!” Keith fussed standing up. Keith leaned against the doorway and sighed. “Look man… Don’t let that girl go. You wanted her, you got her now you got to work harder to keep her. And if that means following her, then so be it… Do what you gotta do.”


~~~**~~~**~~~

It was the very last day of school and the seniors were saying their final goodbyes. It wasn’t exactly final because some of them were going to the same college. But for Julia it was The Final Goodbye.

“I can’t believe your leaving us.” Monica cried as they stood out in the parking lot.

“Me neither.” Lia cried. “But we promised nothing would change between us. Therefore when you need me just call and I’ll have my chocolate chunk ice cream at the ready.” She teased.

“It’s not the same. Your flying across the country. We probably won’t see you again.” Tiffany added.

“I will be home for holidays.”

“Still not the same.”

Julia sighed. “Don’t make me cry. Please.” she begged holding their hands. “I promise I will call everyday. I’ll take a lot of pictures and send them to you. I’ll IM you so much you’ll get sick of me.” she said as her emotions rolled around. “I’m going to miss you both so much.” she finally cried as they embraced.

DC was standing by his car, watching the girls share a teary goodbye. You’d think she was leaving today or tomorrow instead of in a few months. He shook his head and turned back to his friends.

“Dude we going to see you this weekend right?” Dustin asked as they did their handshake.

DC shook his head. “Nah man… I’m hanging with my girl this weekend.” he said with a wink.

“Fo’Sho!” Dustin yelped. “When ya’ll hooked back up. I mean lately you two haven’t been close.”

“That’s why I’m with her this weekend. Gonna make it up to her.” DC said knowingly. Yea he had it planned. They were going to go to the movies. Head to their spot at the park and just chill. Make-up for his stupidity.

“Well you gotta let me know how it goes. I really wanna know how ya’ll going to do the whole thing with her going to New York and all.”

“Man we’ll deal with that later. Right now it’s about us spending the summer together… Just me and my girl.” He muffled still looking at her.

Tiffany saw him and she chuckled. “Ya man looking over here.” she whispered to Julia who was leaning against her car.

Julia slowly turned around. She and DC hadn’t spoken since that day she told him she was going to New York. She hadn’t made an attempt to talk to him and he hadn’t made an attempt to talk to her. She wasn’t about to because it wasn’t her fault. He knew all about her dream. “Yea well… Looking isn’t going to solve our problem. Neither is talking. It’s too late.” she shrugged.

“I don’t know Julia maybe you should at least try and talk to him.” Monica urged.

“What would be the point… My mind is made. The plans have already been made.” She sighed looking down.

Not a minute later, Larry pulled whipped the Navigator near the girls and got out. “Hey ladies.” he greeted walking up to them.

“Hey Mr. Simmons.” They gushed.

Julia rolled her eyes. First they flirted with Nico, now they were flirting with her daddy. What the hell! Larry chuckled and looked at his daughter. “Plane leaves in 3hours… Gotta get home and make sure you have everything… So are you… You ready?” he asked putting his hands in his pocket. She nodded slowly before taking a deep breath.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She sighed turning back to her friends. This was goodbye. “I guess this is my… My cue.” she said teary eyed. “I love you all. And I’m going to miss you oh so much.” She cried.

All three of them cried as they embraced one last time. Larry took their last pictures before they retreated to the navigator.

“Wait up!” A voice called before Julia got in the truck. She turned and saw Zach. “Hey.” he said out of breath.

“Hey.” She replied softly.

“I uh… I heard you were accepted into NYU. Congratulations!”

“Thank you.”

Zach looked at her before he looked down. “Look I want to apologize for everything. Messing up your prom night. Pressuring you. I shouldn’t have done that… I’m sorry for acting like a fool.” When Larry heard this he quickly turned into that over-protective father. He went around to their side and crossed his arms over his strong chest.

“Your right you shouldn’t have… but all is forgiven.” She opened her arms and they shared a friendly hug. “I’m going to miss you Zach.” she whispered. Even though they would never make it as a couple she still looked to him as a friend.

“I’m going to miss you too.” He replied.

Larry didn’t like it. “Julia… Come on honey.” he said carefully, making sure Zach heard the edge in his voice. Julia and Zach parted and she got into the SUV. When Larry pulled out she waved at her friends before sliding down into her seat. “It’ll be ok you know.”

“Yea I guess.” she sighed still looking out the window.


~~~**~~~**~~~


Julia had everything in the trunk of her fathers truck and was hugging her sisters and brother bye. “You go out there and be you but don’t forget where you come from.” Debbie said as they embraced. “Don’t make me and your nephew come down there and put a hurting on you.”

“Like he would even hurt his favorite aunt.” Julia teased resting her head on her sister’s shoulder. Debbie only gave birth Andre Simmons a week ago. Otherwise she would be leaving with her sister and staying with her while she got herself straight. “Give him another kiss for me.” she cried.

“You know I will baby girl.” she whispered. “You were always my favorite.” she whispered again. She and Julia pulled away laughing and wiping their tears.

“Don’t you go out there and get fast on me.” Keith warned as they hugged.

Julia was going to miss big Keith. He was like another brother to her. He, DC, and their father were the only ones that liked her. Victoria and Mike not so much. She didn’t know why, she really didn’t care. “Oh yea… So you can come down and put a hurting on me too.” she teased. She hugged him a little while longer before whispering something meaningful in his ear. “Tell… Tell Dmitri I love him and nobody else is worthy of that special place in my heart… but him.” Keith nodded and kissed her cheek. She silently thanked him before going over to Lauren and Nico who both threatened to come down if she didn’t act right. But Lauren was going to be New York within the next few weeks because she transferred to NYU not long ago. So it wasn’t like Julia would be totally alone.

“Come baby… You know how traffic is around this time.” Larry reminded looking at his watch.

“Yea your right…” She replied. Larry and Angela were going to New York with her but Larry was only staying for a few days. Angela was going to stay until her baby got situated. “Bye you guys.” She waved as she walked over to her father. He opened his arms and she went into them, laying her head on his chest.

“Don’t worry you’ll be alright.” he whispered kissing her hair. “My slugger can handle anything.” he said. They waited for Angela to finish giving instructions and right after they pulled out. When they passed by DC’s house she laid her head on the window and sighed. She felt bad she didn’t say goodbye but it was the only way she could actually get through this. No doubt had they said goodbye she would rethink about going. Really give up that dream to be with him.

~~~**~~~**~~~


Sometime after Julia and her father left, DC started getting a feeling something wasn’t right. Leading him to pull Tiffany and Monica who were about to leave, to the side. “Yo! What’s going on with Julia?” he asked.

“Oh like you don’t know! The girl is leaving.” Monica said with a hint of nastiness.

“Well duh! But ya’ll acting like she leaving tomorrow.” DC scoffed.

Monica looked at Tiffany and they communicated with their eyes. He didn’t know. He really didn’t know. “No she’s not leaving tomorrow… But she is leaving today.” Monica finally told him.

“What!” DC fussed. He couldn’t believe this. No she was leaving to damn early. “She can’t be leaving… Classes don’t start for another few---”

“Their leaving today to get her moved into her apartment. Orientation with NYU and her ballet classes start next week.”

“No… Before she said she wasn’t leaving until august.” He fussed again. Hoping he was being punk’ed.

“That was before you told her she couldn’t go. That was before you showed your ass.” Tiffany pressed on. “After you didn’t stop her, she felt she had no reason to stay behind.”

DC shook his head. This couldn’t be. His girl couldn’t be leaving. Not now anyway. Tiffany was still talking when he turned and ran back to his car. He hopped and ignored the many calls from his friends, telling to slow down. Asking what was wrong. DC sped out of the parking lot and out the gate. Why did he wait so late to ask them? “Why the hell hadn’t she told me!?” he fussed hitting the steering wheel and weaving in and out of cars. He couldn’t believe she was about to leave and not even say goodbye. Who does that?

DC made it to the house in no time. He didn’t see the SUV so maybe he was on time. He jumped out his car and ran up to the door only to hear a voice behind him. “She’s gone man.” DC turned around and saw his brother Keith coming out the backyard.

“What you mean she’s gone.”

“They left almost as hour ago. Where the hell you been?”

“I was at school. I… I… I saw him come get her but I just thought she came to get her papers. I didn’t know she was leaving until a little while ago.” he said out of breath. “Where is she… You have to tell me.”

“At the Bush Intercontinental Airport.” Keith sighed.

“What time does her plan leave? What terminal? I need to know!”

“I don’t know man. But I advise you to hop back in that damn car and get your ass over there.” Keith advised. DC was about to run off when Keith caught his arm. “She told me to tell you. She loves you and nobody else is worthy of her heart but you.”

DC looked as if he was about to cry as he jerked away from Keith and ran back to his car. Once he pulled out he buckled and sped away. He wasn’t about to let her go like this. He wasn’t about to let go period.

End Notes:
Part 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
This Is Goobye. by PassionK
Author's Notes:
This is part 2 to the previous chapter! Enjoy! Did he get to her in time???

Julia’s flight to New York was suppose to leave at 1 but they quickly changed the time to Noon.

DC ran into the airport and checked the screen that was showing departures and arrivals. He didn’t know what the hell he was looking at, but he knew he was looking for New York departures. He strained his eyes as the words flashed. Finally it popped up. The flight to New York was now boarding. DC put his legs to work and ran up the escalator and he pushed his way through the security line. “Young man where is your ticket.” The guard asked.

“I don’t have one but I really need---”

“Sorry. You can’t get through here unless you have a ticket.”

“Look! My girl is about to board the flight to New York and I need to tell her something very important!” He fussed trying to get through.

“Should have told her before she left. How about you call her?… next!”

DC stopped fighting and let the people go. He could see the gate number he just needed to get past the big bear looking dude…… He was ready to give it up. No matter what he came up with it wasn’t a good idea. “Damn.” he sighed as he walked back toward the escalators. He shuffled his feet before he turned around and sighed. “Fuck this!” he growled making sure his shoes were tied tight and walking back toward the security check point. He watched the guard closely before he made the choice… DC took a few steps back before he made a run for it… … …

“Ticket ma’am.” The lady at the gate asked looking at Julia. Julia was too busy looking out the window to even hear her. “Ma’am…. Ma’am….” she pressed again.

Larry snapped his daughter back to earth and she jumped. “Sorry… What happened?” she asked.

“She wants your ticket.” he reminded.

“Julia!…” DC called pumping his legs like crazy. “Julia!” He called again pushing through the line. “Julia!” he called once again.

Julia, Angela and Larry turned around and saw DC running towards them. Larry groaned but soon chuckled when he saw the guards running after him. Julia and Angela both hit him and turned back to the young man when he stopped in front of her. “Ok… Ok I get it.” DC spat out of breathe. “I get it… Ok… I shouldn’t have given you an ultimatum. I shouldn’t have let you walked away. Ok! I’m sorry. I’m sorry for acting like an ass…” he huffed pulling her to the side. He touched her shoulders. “You can stop this. Stop this silliness.”

At first Julia was smiling but when he called it silliness she frowned and pulled back. “Silliness?” she questioned. Angela whispered something in her ear and she nodded before turning back to DC “DC, what I’m doing is not silly.”

“It’s a test! Alright! I passed it. I came for you. You can call of the whole thing.” he stated looking at the line of folks looking at them. “Games over! I’m here and this doesn’t… It doesn’t end.” he pressured.

“This is no test DC… I’m really leaving.”

“No. No. No you can’t… Tiffany and Monica said you were still mad at me for giving you an ultimatum. They said I was the reason you were leaving early. It’s a test. A test to see if I really care… I do. I do care.”

Julia continued to shake her head. “God!” she yelled. “You aren’t the reason I’m leaving. Yes I’m still mad at you but that isn’t why I’m leaving.”

“Sure it is…”

“No it’s not.” she sighed still shaking her head. “My classes are starting soon.”

“Ballet… Ok. Tell them something came up. Something is… Julia don’t go.”

“I signed up for summer classes and they start in 3weeks. Even if I wasn’t starting ballet lessons, I was still leaving early. You had nothing to do with me leaving now… Had you not fussed at me you would have known! You would have known I was---”

“Now I know and now I’m prepared to do whatever it takes to keep you. I’ll go to New York with you. I’ll… Whatever you want me to do, I’ll do it, just please don’t leave me.” DC begged taking her hands. “Don’t leave me… Give me one more chance.”

Julia began to cry as she looked at him. “Your not ready. Your not ready to be in long term relationship…”

“What?” he asked nervously. “Julia I’m ready to do whatever as long as it involves you!”

“No your not DC… You thinking that this is a game doesn’t show me your ready. DC, you should know I’m not about games.”

“Julia this has to be a game. You can’t leave. You just can’t!”

“Stop that!” She yelled. “That’s another sign. You keep telling me what I can and can’t do. Your not ready to be with me. Your not ready to be with a woman who has her mind made up. Your not…”

“I came here to tell you I loved you and I’m willing to do whatever I have to do to keep you.” DC’s mouth was going a mile a minute.

She gulped and licked her lips. “Really?”

“Yes.”

“Are you willing to give up your dreams of playing ball to chase after me? Are you willing to give up all of your friends to be with just me in New York? Are you ready to be committed to me and only me!?”

DC looked down. “Yes.” he said.

He didn’t convince Julia at all. His voice was low, his eyes were low. His grip on her hands loosened. He wasn’t ready to give up his dreams and she wasn’t ready to give up her dreams. Feeling choked up she raised his head and looked into his eyes. “You love me? I mean really love me?”

“I love you.” he said almost hesitant.

Julia was now convinced. He loved her but he wasn’t ready to be with her and only her. “If you love me as much as you say you do. You will let me go. Let me spread my wings.”

“I can’t do that.”

Another ultimatum. “We can’t be together. We can’t be lovers… We can only be friends.” she said softly. “That’s all. Until you are ready. Until I’m ready… We can only be friends.”

“I don’t want to be friends Julia! I don’t!”

“Last Call For Flight Number 1675 To New York. Last Call For Flight Number 1675 To New York!” The person announced.

Julia looked back at the terminal and saw the line was winding down. She turned back to DC and caressed his face. “Since we can’t be friends… I guess this is goodbye.” she cried as she then reached back and unhooked her necklace. She tried to give it back but he shook his head.

“No I don’t want it.”

“Take it.” she insisted.

“You promised me you would wear it until your dying day… Keep it!” he barked. “Please.” DC was trying to keep from crying. His eyes were already glazing over and small drops fell to his cheek.

“I love you.” Julia confessed. When he didn’t reply she knew that was it, she turned on her heels, gave the lady her ticket and began to walk down the terminal. She was alone as she walked down the long tunnel. Tears cascaded down her face.

DC couldn’t stay strong as he tried to get in the terminal. Game was over. He didn’t want to play anymore. “Julia! I’m sorry! Please baby! I’m sorry!” He yelled as the guards pulled him back. “I love you!” he yelled.

Julia heard all of this but she didn’t look back. His calls broke her heart and she was sure the sight of them pulling him away would break her down. “I love you too.” she whispered as she got on the plane and made it to the seats her parents were holding. She moved in and sat by the window, all the while wiping her.

Larry and Angela looked at each other before looking back at her. Larry then touched his daughter’s arms. “Are you ok?” he asked. Julia continued to look out the window as she nodded and continued to wipe her eyes that kept falling. Larry looked back at Angela who shook her head and gestured for him to let her sit next to Julia. They made the switch right before the light to buckle their belts came on.

“Julia… Baby.” Angela coaxed touching her shoulder.

Julia turned slightly. Her curly Q’s doing very little to hide her. puffy, blood shot eyes that broke her mother’s heart. “Momma.” she wailed as she threw herself into her arms.

“I know… I know.” She soothed rubbing her head. “I know baby.” Julia poured it all out in her mother’s chest. The flight attendant came to tell them to buckle up but when she seen the young girl crying she held off for awhile.

DC made out the airport just in time to see them hooking his car up to tow it away. He begged them not to and they let him off the hook only because he lied and said his sister was about to give birth. They didn’t know him so hell it didn’t matter. Once he pulled out he drove to the only place he knew. The only place he would find a little comfort. He and Julia’s spot at the park. When he arrived her walked the small distance to the bench and took a seat that is where he poured out his heart and soul… … She said it wasn’t a game and he was solely convinced it was. Convinced up until he took a minute to just think about. This was no game. She was gone!

They were about an hour into the flight when Julia’s tears subsided and she curled up in the seat. Letting her MP3 sing her to sleep.


When you love someone so deeply
They become your life
It's easy to succumb
To overwhelming fears inside
Blindly I imagined
I could keep you under glass
Now I understand to hold you
I must open up my hands
And watch you rise

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Oh, fly abandoned-ly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly


DC will you always love me.” Julia asked as she and DC laid in her bed one night. Many nights he would sneak into her room and they would just hold each other and talk.

DC kissed her ear. “I will love you forever…” he promised. “Will you love me forever?”

Julia turned around and looked into his eyes. “I will love you until my dying day and even in heaven, my heart will belong to you.” she promised tracing his lips. “This is the real thing. We were meant to be together.” she spoke softly.


DC nodded in agreement and grazed her lips with his own. “Yes we were.” he whispered before they kissed.


I have learned that beauty
Has to flourish in the light
Wild horses run unbridled
Or their spirit dies
You have given me the courage
To be all that I can
And I truly feel your heart
Will lead you back to me
When you're ready to land

“I never thought I would say this Julia but… You’ve given me a reason to appreciate a lot of things.” DC said one day while they were sitting at lunch.

“What do you mean?” she asked taking a sip of her water.

“Before we hooked up… I always took things for granted. Said I love you and didn’t mean it. Now… Now I will never do that. When I say I love you. I will mean it because I will only say to you… The person I love. The person that truly has my heart.”

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Oh, fly abandoned-ly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

I can't pretend these tears
Aren't overflowing steadily
I can't prevent this hurt
From almost overtaking me
But I will stand and say goodbye
For you'll never be mine
Until you know the way it feels to fly

“You can’t have me and New York… It won’t work that way.” DC nonchalantly replied. “It’s either me or NYU.”

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Oh, fly abandoned-ly into the sun
(Fly to the sun)
If you should return to me
(I will know you were mine)
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
(Spread your wings and fly)
Butterfly

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Oh, fly abandoned-ly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly
So flutter through the sky
Butterfly
Fly
Spread your wings and fly
Butterfly


“Will you come back to me? Please tell me you will.” DC cried looking down at the grass, his own tears giving them some shine. It was as if Julia was sitting next to him, holding his hands. Like they were just talking.

“I will return… If we were meant to be… We will be.” Julia cried as she opened her eyes and saw the birds flying past her window. “We will be.” she cried again take a deep and trying breath.

 

~THE END~

End Notes:

Whoooo! Not what you were expecting...

This is the last chapter to "Finding Our Way." But is it really the ending to them. Were they meant to be? Who knows?

I would like to thank you all for reading, commenting, rating. It means alot to me. Hopefully the next one will be better than the last. If there is a next one. Anyway, I want to say again, Thank you so much!

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=836