Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Dean held Ari after they made love she snuggled against his shoulder with a sigh.
“You sure you’re okay?” Dean asked for the umpteenth time.
“I’m fine,” she said though this time she didn’t seem as convincing as before.
The next thing Dean knew she was in tears, he leaned up to look down into her face.
“You feel okay? Tell me its just hormones and I’ll be quiet.”
She shook her heads as the tears continued to flow, he frowned. Tears were not his area of expertise. He sighed heavily as he felt he might cry himself. His poor sweetie, it was their wedding day and she was in tears. Though she was pregnant, he reasoned it happened often lately. He stroked her hair before he moved to get up and grab some tissue for her.

Ari tried to pull herself together while he was in the bathroom. She sniffled before she took a deep breath. She knew Dean wasn’t good with emotion, but he did the best he could. He was logical and when he saw a problem, he wanted to fix it. A typical male, but she loved that about him. It would never do for both of them to act irrational and hormonal. He came back in the room to see she had sat up against the headboard. She seemed better.
“You want to talk about it?” he asked as he sat beside her and passed the tissue.
She dabbed her eyes as she smiled at him.
“I’m sorry about that, it comes and goes.”
“I’m sorry you had a pitiful wedding day,” he said as he looked in her eyes again.
“You know it wasn’t so bad except the getting hit in the eye part,” she said as she tried to make him feel better.
“I don’t know that it helped to find out the incident was racially motivated either,” Dean added.
“I know that really sucks, so Missouri said she was glaring at us from the moment we walked in the restaurant?”
Dean nodded, “And she feels awful that she didn’t react sooner. You know I don’t get how people think they can run other peoples lives, its nonsense.”
Ari had to smile, Dean knew about logical and this didn’t line up to that standard for him or her. The thing was she had encountered hate all her life from people who couldn’t see past her skin color. It was part of living for her, maybe that was why she hadn’t been as shocked as the others.
“What?” he asked as she leaned over to kiss him.
He had done all he could to do what she wanted about their wedding, in the end it wasn’t his sacrifice that stood out on their special day but the ignorance of society. He promised himself he would find a way to make up for what happened to her. Maybe a special treat, he would phone Sam and see what surprise they could put together for his new wife.

“Well the meal here at the hotel was nice, right?”
“Oh it was excellent, the food, the company, then later the sex,” she said with a smile.
He laughed, “That wasn’t part of the meal, actually.”
“Oh but it was still very good,” she said as she bit her lip.
Dean touched her bruised eye; it could have been a lot worse. He was concerned that people would think he had hurt her though. Her being pregnant didn’t help that. She told him not to worry she could cover it fairly well with make up.

Dean had paid for their nice weekend get-away with cash he earned from working on cars now and again but mostly from hustling pool. He had to make money so that he could do little things for Ari without using her funds. Mostly he hustled pool when they were on hunts. Sam understood how his brother felt he had to be his own man it was as much a part of him as his swagger and smart-ass comments. Dean Winchester had stood on his own feet for his whole life just because he allowed Ari to buy the house didn’t mean he would feel complete by allowing her to pay for her own honeymoon. He had cash in the bank and it felt good to him.

Missouri was with Amber outside with the puppy so they had a few minutes to cuddle. Sam and Jo kissed on her bed. He had gone up to check on her because after lunch she had said she had a headache. He was afraid she was avoiding him. He sat down to ask how she was doing and she had pulled him down with a bit of hesitancy. He ran his hands through her hair as she gave her all to the kiss. His tongue found hers and he lost all conscious thought. He had missed her so much, but he wasn’t in love with Jo. She turned him on physically but not mentally. Though she was fun but more like a sister in a lot of ways. He surprised her when he moved back and stood up.
“I’m sorry, we are supposed to be friends.”
“Sam you are running hot and cold here, do you know what you want?”
Sam stuttered, “Jo I want you but it’s complicated.”
“You mean because of Jess is that what this is about?”
“I don’t know anymore. ..”
“I love you, Sam, isn’t that what you want?”
Sam sat on the edge of the bed. He traced the curve of her leg down to her ankle as he tried to put his thoughts together. Jo watched quietly as her heart ached for him.
“You know forget it, we don’t have to figure this out today,” she said as she motioned for him to come lay beside her.
Sam pulled Jo into his arms, this is may not be so good, he thought. He wasn’t ready to declare that he loved Jo, though he was crazy about her. Part of him felt there might be someone else out in the world for him. He sighed as he leaned his head against hers. Am I being unfair to her?

The next morning Dean and Ari hung out at the pool early. Ari swam a bit then settled into the lounge chair to read. Dean had found two little boys who he played tag with in the pool. Ari laughed at them, he seemed to be a natural with the kids. The only problem was the boy’s mother watched Dean like she might want to eat him up. She is practically licking her chops, Ari thought as she eyed the woman under lowered lashes. Ari figured that was the hazard of having a handsome husband. She sighed as she laid her head back and closed her eyes. Not long afterward she felt water dripping on her legs and looked up to see Dean grinning as he leaned over her. She raised her eyebrow at him before his lips descended on hers. He was cold, wet and beautiful, she put her hands in his hair to keep him from stopping the kiss for a minute. When he moved to dry off she watched him. He had a healthy tan from yard work, a rocking body from exercising and his flashing green eyes seemed to be the focus of his beautiful face. He winked at her as he laughed at her staring at him. Such a ham.

He moved his lounge chair close to hers before he sat down.
“This is a better day, right?”
“It’s perfect,” she said as she gazed longingly into his eyes.
She could tell he was concerned about her but he promised himself he would stop asking for assurance. She would let him know if something was wrong.
“I’m glad,” he said before he settled his hand on her stomach.

****
When they arrived back at the house a couple of days later everything was quiet and no one was home. Dean grabbed the bags from the trunk before he followed Ari inside. She seemed surprised to see that it was quiet except for music that seemed to come from their room. She looked hesitantly at Dean as he shrugged his shoulders as if he had no idea about what was going on. Ari raised an eyebrow as she followed the muffled sound to the bedroom. Dean was close behind as he went in behind her.

The room was bathed in candle light. There were rose petals all over the floor and the bed in trails. Soft music played that Ari swore had to be Enya, the light otherworldly tune drifted in the air. She noticed the roses beside the bed right away as well as a box of Godiva chocolates before she turned to grin at Dean.
“Did you?”
He nodded.
She smirked as she went into the bathroom to find that the tub was full of bubbles and that room was also lit by candles. She turned to go into her husband’s arms.
“I like, this is sweet. I assume this is what all the calls to Sam were about.”
He didn’t answer but leaned down to pull her close for a kiss. Afterward he leaned back only far enough to unbutton her blouse before he reached for her jeans. Her hand went around his neck as she watched his face. The lines near his eyes seemed relaxed and she could hardly see his crow’s feet in the dimly lit room. He seems completely at ease and she was happy for that. When she was naked she undressed him while he kissed her all over again.

He pushed her against the door before he lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his back. She would miss this position when the babies grew larger, as it was if he hadn’t been tall it would not have worked. She smiled as he slid inside her while she wrapped her arms around his neck for balance. Being around him always made her wet. His confidence and magnetism exuded from him like an invisible force; basically he made her hot and slick. His lips were on hers again as he pushed up into her moist warm center. His muscles were solid and they flexed with his every movement. She bit her lip to keep from trembling as she felt his erection as it slipped in and out of her. Oh Good Heavens, I will miss this. He didn’t seem to have any problems despite the fact that he was doing the majority of the work. He kept going after he came until he felt the trembling inside her that indicated she had climaxed. He smiled at her as her feet hit the floor. She felt weak kneed as she reached for him to steady her.
“You are full of surprise Mr. McGillicudy,” she teased.

He took her hand to lead her to the tub before he got in first and she slid in next to put her back against his chest. Once his arms were around her stomach he relaxed.
“This is nice, thank you,” she said softly.
“Glad you like it, I needed you to have a good memory of our wedding weekend. ”
“The best part was that I married you,” she said as though it was the most natural thing in the world.
Dean was speechless. He still had a hard time believing he was in love, but now he had crossed the line. He had gotten married and the demon was still on the loose. He figured he must be unknowingly on drugs. But as his hand brushed the pregnant belly of his wife he calmed himself, he was sane and on the way to being a father. No drugs, it was life. Though whose life, he had yet to decide. Could he be a ghost hunter/husband/father? He refused to let panic set in even as he reviewed things in his head.
“I’m glad you see it that way, I do love you. I confess I am not sure if I am ready for all this.”
She laughed to herself, “Hey I am in the same club.”

The phone rang twice while they bathed but with the music playing and their minds on other things they missed it. Afterward, Dean checked his phone because at one point he thought he had heard it ring. He almost dropped it when he checked the messages. Ari looked at him curiously as he dialed a number while he frowned at her.
“Hey, Cassie, how is she?”
Ari raised an eyebrow.
“Okay I can fly if I have to, tell me what they said,” he insisted with concern in his voice.
Ari sat down on the bed to put lotion on her legs as she watched him run his hands through his hair.
“So she will be okay or not? Damn it, the details.”
Ari bit her lip, this can’t be good.
“Yeah, okay I will get there as soon as I can, bye.”
“Dean?”
“Megan was hit by a car, she is unconscious at the hospital.”
“What?”
“Car came up on the curb, Megan was on her tricycle, it happened fast.”
He sighed.
“Hey, get your things I will call the airline, okay,” Ari said as she had horrible thoughts run through her head.
Great they come into our lives now he has to run to be with his little girl, God forgive me though I hope she will be fine. Why does it have to be Cassie he is rushing to? Though she knew it was all for Megan. She hoped that no rekindling happened while Dean was away.

Dean heard the hesitancy in Ari’s voice before he threw his duffle bag on the bed.
“I have to go,” he said as he looked at her while she seemed stuck to the bed when she should be in the study making arrangements.
“I know I am going to get you a plane ticket just let me …”
“You don’t need to be jealous of Cassie,” he said as he cut through all the bull.
He knew Ari was concerned about him spending too much time with his ex-lover. She had tried hard to appear umoved when Cassie showed up but he knew it bothered her. She looked up at him with anger in her face.
“Not jealous but it seems all of a sudden she has a way to make you a part of her life again…”
“So you think she planned for Megan to get hurt, Ari that is crazy,” he yelled.
“That isn’t what I said, you are twisting my words…”
“Look we don’t have time for this, forget it I can go do the tickets,” he said as he left the room.
Ari squeezed her eyes shut. Why couldn’t she just admit to him that she was scared of losing him to Cassie? How was he going to live in Wisconsin when she knew he wanted to be near his daughter? For the first time in a few months she wished she weren’t pregnant. Maybe their relationship had moved too fast, maybe their babies were a mistake. Then she looked down at her hand, she saw her wedding ring and realized that maybe her thoughts were only her hormones talking. She smiled to herself as she went to apologize to her husband. He was the same man who only a few days ago, had vowed wonderful things to her, the one who didn’t deserve her to be jealous but to trust him. The man that loved her and needed her understanding even when it was a hard thing to give but she believed he was worth the effort.

The plane ride was worse than the previous trip because he was just another passenger without an ailment to draw the flight attendants. He eyed the throw up bag as he tried to relax. One of the attendants noticed he was uneasy and stopped to chat.
“Do you need anything sir?”
He groaned inwardly as he turned to her with a smirk, but he shook his head. Luckily, he had gotten Sam to agree to come to Missouri in the Impala so they could drive back together. He only hoped Megan would recover since Amber was going to come along to see her. This certainly wasn’t the type of trip he had planned when he said he would visit. Dean was happy that Ari had cleared the air with him about Cassie. It wasn’t as though he hadn’t had the same thoughts. But he was ready for her, they would be all business, though the business was their kid. He would stay long to make sure Megan was fine then Sam was going to come get him. He had a plan and intended to stick to it.

****
Mary watched over Megan as she lay in the small hospital bed. She looked so innocent and sweet. Mary sighed when Cassie came in the room to sit by the bed.
“Wake up, Sweetie, your daddy is going to come see you,” Cassie said with hopes that Megan could hear her.
They had told her to talk to the little girl, that they believed it might help. Mary wasn’t sure how she felt about Cassie. She knew she hated that the woman had chosen this moment in time to reveal to Dean that she had his child. Dean had more than enough irons in the fire and now more kids then he had ever planned on having she was certain. Mary had decided after Ari met Dean that she liked her more than Cassie. It was pure preference but despite Ari’s past she felt the woman could hold her own with her stubborn son.

Then there was a shadow in the room that surprised Mary, the spirit that seemed dark headed toward Megan. She had seen guardians before but this spirit didn’t have wings; she was apprehensive because if its presence. Its back was to her and she jumped on it knocking it against the wall though it went through the wall. It came back in the room a moment later and stood in front of her with a smile.
“Oh it’s you?”

TBC