Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


It was a month after the guys left for more hunting when they returned.  Ari was down stairs showing a couple of hunters the place.  They reminded her of Dean and Sam a bit.  Both were handsome and rugged; one taller than the other one.  They did make her a bit uncomfortable with their staring.   Amber held her by the hand as they stood in the kitchen to explain how the meals worked.
“We are stocked with the basics except meat.  We don’t have many who stay more than a couple of days and actually most people come to research and leave the next day,” she said with a smile as she looked up to see Sam walk in the room.  
Amber saw him too and grinned.
“Oh that’s fine we will only be here a couple days,” said Chad the taller one as he raked his hand through his black straight hair.
“Hey,” Sam said as Ari turned to see him with a smile and an audible sigh of relief.
Since she began to get larger, she had begun to feel more like a target when they had visitors.  She had no plans of telling Dean because he had his job and she had hers.  She would suck it up, though she was glad to see them.

    “Sammy,” Amber said as she tugged her hand from her mother’s to go into his outstretched arms.
Sam smiled as he held Amber close for a hug.
“Guys this is Sam and his brother Dean,” she said as Dean walked in the room with a frown on his handsome face.  He didn’t seem happy and looked tired to Ari who was concerned that he might be hurt.  He had a slight limp as he eyed her with an unrecognizable look on his face.  What did I do? She wondered to herself.
“Ari can we talk upstairs?” was all he said before he left with the assumption she would follow.
“Um excuse me, Sam can you tell them the rest.  We only just came down and the kitchen is all they know.”
“Sure,” he said.

    Dean stood in the kitchen upstairs when she found him.  He smiled as he turned to pull her into his arms.
“Thought I was in trouble,” she said as he bent down to kiss her.
“You are, just for looking so scrumptious,” he said after the kiss.
He backed away a bit after a second to look her over, before he reached to touch her baby bump.  The babies kicked and his face became one big smile.
“I’m not doing any more long hunting trips, only what I can find local.”
“Why?”
“I need to watch those babies grow too.  I don’t want to miss it,” he said as he reached to push a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
“Okay,” she said hesitantly.
“You don’t sound happy,” he said with raised eyebrow.
“No, I am, I wanted you to be here but it’s not you.  You aren’t that way…”
“What? I thought you would be excited.”
“Dean, I just…”

    “Hey Dean,” Jo said as she interrupted their conversation.
“Hey Jo,” he said as he walked away from Ari to go to the room.
Ari turned to face Jo with anger in her face.
“I’m sorry but I know you saw we were talking, why couldn’t you have waited to say, what, hi?”
Jo shrugged her shoulders before Ari grabbed her by them.
“If you are going to be here then you need to act as part of the team.  That means to think of others not just yourself,” Ari said as she went into the room with Dean and shut the door.  

    The visiting hunters didn’t impress Sam but they seemed okay.  He found out they were new at hunting. Their parents had been killed a few months before by something in their home.  They were only sixteen and eighteen.  They had found out about spirits mostly from the library.  The town they were from was just south of Milwaukee and someone they knew had spoken with Chet at a bar in Milwaukee not long ago.  
“Ben, our friend, said that Chet was a bit tipsy when they first met, but when he spoke with him again he told Ben that spirits were real and what happened at our home had all the signs of being a poltergeist.”
The older young man was Barry and the younger one was Chad.  Sam hoped they would listen to his advice to go back home and try to move on.

    When Ari came in the room, Dean sat on the bed as he undid his boots. She watched for a moment as she gathered her thoughts.
“I want a do over,” she said with her arms crossed over her chest and her lips pushed out like a little girl.  He looked up at her then quirked his eyebrow at her as he took off his clothes before he attempted to walk by her to the shower.  She stopped him with a hand on his arm.
“That was a one time conversation, you will just have to get used to having me around,” he said as he winked at her.
She smiled as she bit her lip before she followed him.

    After showing the guys around the area, he sat down at the kitchen table with them. Amber stood beside him as she smiled shyly at the new comers.
“If I could give you any advice it would be to go back home and try hard to get pass your parents death.  Find a relative or friends to take you in if at all possible,” Sam said with heaviness in his heart.  He really did not want the young men to go through what he and Dean had.  Knowing about what went bump in the night wasn’t for everyone.
“Why do you say that?  We need to know why this happened to us,” Barry said a bit desperately.
“Well my brother and I have lived the life of trying to fight off the demons and evil in this world because of what happened to our mother over twenty years ago.  It is not a life for anyone.  I do not regret trying to help others not have to go through death and suffering at the hands of what most call “the dark side” but if I had a chance, to do it all again I would have stayed out of it,” Sam said.
Then he told him his sad tale of the night his mother died.  

    Mary Winchester tried not to cry as she listened, across the room, to Sam talk of what he knew of his mother and how his father had dragged them all over in his search for revenge.  She groaned inwardly as she fought the tears that threatened her even in her spiritual state.  Why had John done this to them?  She had done her part over the years as she tried to protect her babies and she knew John had no idea about it.  She sighed as Sam finished his story and saw how the young men wiped their eyes as they looked exasperated at the person who told them his story.  The story that included the death of his true love and the death of his innocence.  Well, she could do anything about the past but she had some ideas about how to get Milton out of their lives.  She listened to Sam a few more moments before she left the house.

    Ari and Dean lie on the bed after the shower.  She looked down at him from her position, straddled over his stomach.  He smiled up as he pulled her down for a kiss as she leaned on her elbows to balance herself.  Her heart was in her throat, she always missed him so much it hurt.  Her hormones were all over the place but she didn’t want to cry she wanted to be close to him.  He moved his lips from hers to her neck as she leaned up for him to caress her back and her breasts.  He traced them lightly with his calloused hands, the hands that she adored on her body.  She sighed as the babies kicked, before Dean indicated for her to move up but she hesitated.  With her additional weight, she was afraid of suffocating him and she mentioned it.  He only smiled at her concern as she opened her legs over his face.  With her hands on the headboard, she sighed as he began to push his tongue inside her body.  He licked and sucked until her knees barely held her as she trembled from his ministrations.  He seemed to enjoy himself as he brought her toward the edge, but he stopped just short.  

    “So tasty,” he said as she moved to her original position except this time she was dripping wet and needed to feel him inside her something awful.  Once that was accomplished, she rode him as he grinned up at her.  Her flushed body was ready to explode from the pleasure she experienced.  
“Oh, Dean, more please,” she said.
“This is for you Baby, let it happen,” he encouraged.
He pushed up to meet her on every down stroke as he got close himself, he made an effort not to come before her because he loved to be in control long enough to see her face at her moment of climax.  When it happened he wasn’t disappointed, she bit her lip as she closed her eyes with relief as the waves over took her.  Dean was close behind her as he released his seed into her.  He knew without a doubt he didn’t want to be anywhere else in the world.

    Dean couldn’t get enough of the sight of her as she leaned on her elbow and looked up at him.
“So you missed me?” she asked as she traced his lips with her finger.
“How could you doubt it?”
She bit her lip as he ran his finger over her stomach.  The babies inside her seemed to jump up to be near his touch.  She could understand it she loved to touch him too.
“About earlier, I was just surprised and I don’t want you to get bored.  You have to admit your life has not been stationary so many years it may not turn out the way you hoped being so close to your home base.”
“Change is good for the soul,” he said as his wise eyes searched hers.
“Oh getting to be a smarty pans on me now?  I don’t know about the soul but it will be nice for me.”
“It’s not just about the babies, I promise.   I want to enjoy what we have created in this little stop for hunters too.”
“And?”
“Well there is the matter of you too,” he smiled.

    The two visitors joined them for dinner that night; Jo was nice to everyone though Ari was still a bit tense around her.  She had shown up without a word in advance, just after the newcomers’ only moments before Dean and Sam.  It wasn’t as though she wasn’t welcome but Ari felt there were ways to do things that involved courtesy.  For weeks, she had cleaned and prepared the attic for Jo’s return.  Chet had helped Ari by doing the heavy lifting and she appreciated his presence when the days had turned to weeks.  She also made sure the other room they had used for storage was ready for unexpected guests, though it was small and held only a twin bed, dresser, small armoire and one bedside table. Ari felt it was time that Sam had his room for keeps instead of sharing with all the people coming through on a regular basis.  

    When everyone else had gone off to bed Dean gathered Jo and Ari in the living room for them to have it out.  He knew they were angry and he refused to let Ari stress when he believed he could help her and Jo get over their issues.
“Ladies,” he said as they both looked at him with their lips pursed together.
“Yes?” Ari said.
“What’s up, Dean,” Jo said.
“You two need to talk and you are not leaving this room until you do,” he insisted before he walked out.
“What the hell?” Jo asked as she looked at Ari, who only leaned back on the sofa and picked up the remote.  
She was in full “I don’t want to talk to you” mode.      

    Dean stood outside in the hall and flinched when he heard the television come on.  He thought about going in to cut it off but decided against it.  Sam came up behind him out of his room and looked curiously at him.
“What are you doing?”
Dean explained and Sam held back a laugh.
“So you looking to hear a cat fight?”
Dean shook his head but smiled nonetheless.
“They might both come out here and kick your ass,” Sam said as he went to his room and shut the door.
Dean wasn’t worried. He knew the girls needed to settle their differences so they all could have peace, at least for a while until the babies came.

    Jo stood in the middle of the living room as she watched Ari pretend to watch television.
“You know he isn’t letting us out til we talk.”
Ari shrugged. She knew she was being childish but she felt Jo owed her an apology.
Jo sighed, “Look about earlier, I should have waited.  You were right.”
Ari looked at her with a frown before she turned off the television set.
“Okay, now I have a question.”
“Shoot,” Jo said as she finally sat down in a chair near the sofa.
“You have no more plans for you and Dean, right?”
“No, absolutely not.”
Ari raised her eyebrow.
“A month ago you weren’t so certain.”
Jo explained how she had taken time to reconsider her ideas.  She had liked Dean at one point and even when he had given her no reason to hold on she had.  She confessed she had been childish, inconsiderate and plain stupid in her behavior.
“None of it was real.  I mean he made a couple comments about us sleeping together when we first met and I took them to be something they weren’t.”
“You mean it?”
She nodded.  Ari told Jo that she had wanted to like her from the start but after she found out how much she liked Dean it was hard to get over that hump.  Jo seemed to understand that Ari wanted to make a new start with her.
“Ari I do like Sam and awful lot.”
“Jo be careful with that one, he has been through a lot, you know,” Ari suggested as they both got up to leave the room.

    Dean smiled when he saw them.  
“Everything okay now?”
“Peachy,” Jo said as she winked at Ari as she headed up to her room.
“Really?”
“You did good, Sweetie.  Sorry we were both acting hormonal.”
“Well you have a couple of reasons,” he said as he pulled her into his arms.

****
Cassie’s mother wasn’t happy with her daughter for not having the guts to tell Dean about his daughter, Megan.  Mrs. Robinson watched her granddaughter as she slept on the sofa while Cassie was a work. The little girl was the spitting image of her father.  She had Dean’s eyes and blondish curls that had to drive Cassie insane since they reminded her of Dean constantly.   Mrs. Robinson contemplated calling Dean herself or maybe she could write him a letter, she thought.  She knew she would do neither because it was not her business.  Cassie was a grown woman and if she thought that Dean would not appreciate the news any time soon she should respect that.  On the other hand, she believed a child should have access to both parents if at all humanly possible


TBC