Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Dean got off early that Friday afternoon so he and Sam could leave. Sam had worked a half day to continue his research though he had not come up with any additional information. Lydia encouraged him to ask around in the guys town discreetly and hope for the best though Sam did not like the sound of that advice. He wanted to know why the man would chase after his bride to be then kill her, the thought had haunted him for months.

He stood in the nursery over Marianne’s crib before he was ready to leave that day. Lydia came in behind him and wrapped her arms around him.
“You will find the answer, I have faith in you, Sweetie,” she said before he turned into her arms.
“I hope so, it would be unbearable if another mother and child die because of this man.”
Lydia looked up into his eyes as he leaned down to kiss her. His hands roamed her soft behind just as Logan came to the door.

“Hey you ready to go Dad?”
Sam cleared his throat before he gave Lydia one last little smile.
“Yeah we should leave.”
Lydia gave him another quick kiss before he looked down at the baby again then left the room.

Downstairs he said good bye to Mackey who sat at the table with Alli. They were playing a game or pretending to he wasn’t sure which. He knew Alli was apprehensive because of her dreams and he felt sorry for her but didn’t want to embarrass the girl in front of her cousins.
“See you in a couple days,” he said in general before MacKenzie kissed his cheek after he leaned down for her.
“Later Dad,” she said with a smile just as Lydia came into the kitchen to watch from the window to see them drive out of the driveway.

Lydia knew hunting or searching of any kind could be dangerous. She hoped and prayed that her family would be okay. She and the girls stood in the garage and waved as they pulled out of the yard.

***


Dean’s scenario was similar at his house he met Sam as he drove in and waved to Cassie who stood at the front door. Dean was positive that she looked nervous. All the times they had been hunting he had not seen such a sad lost look on his wife’s face but he blew it off and assumed it was separation anxiety. It had been a while since they had been apart.
--

Five hours later, the guys stopped for the night. It was dark and they knew anyone who could answer questions for them would be in bed. They checked in at the desk as the Reese’s and went upstairs to their room. Since they were all men they figured there was no reason to split up. Besides over the years the strength in number thing had come in handy.

“Who wants the sofa?” Dean asked as he dropped his bag on the floor of the room.
“I’ll take it,” Logan volunteered.
Sam raised his eyebrows, “Really,? Mr. I am private wants to sleep in the open?” Sam teased his son.
“Yeah Dad, I don’t want to have to endure the sounds of the phone sex you plan to have with Mom, you too can be pretty loud,” he teased his father.
Sam blushed and Dean laughed.
“Hey Uncle you are just as bad,” Logan added.
Dean smirked, he wasn’t ashamed for loving his wife when and whenever he could, “Hey in a few years you will have the same inclinations.”
Logan shook his head with a smile as the older men went into the separate rooms and shut the door. They had already eaten so it was all about getting shut eye so they could get back on the road.

Dean came back out of the room a few minutes later to take a shower while Sam stayed in his room on his laptop. Something nagged Sam about the whole situation. The cave in his dreams was haunted, he understood that much. The cave where they found Marianne was the one connected with a local legend.

From what he had read the Legend of the cave indicated that a pregnant woman had been taken to the cave by her husband and murdered. Now on the night of the full moon which was the same as the night of her death you can hear the woman crying. However the recent reports have always indicated that the crying sound comes from all over the area, there is no way to pinpoint the direction. Sam knew for a fact that without Joanna’s help they wouldn’t have seen the cave because it was covered over with brush, even then it wasn’t a large opening. The new twist to the legend had been that someone or something had made it almost impossible to get to the caves. This ghost apparition or whatever had spent time trying to keep people from the cave. Sam assumed that someone had been Joanna waiting for him.

But how could Joanna have known that he and the guys would stop at the hotel not far away? How could anyone have predicted that? Sam bit his lip as he pondered the question just before the phone rang.
“Hey Baby,” he said as he moved from the chair to the bed.
He rubbed his eyes before he put the phone in the crook of his neck so he could bend down to untie his shoes.
“How is it going?” Lydia asked hesitantly.
“Oh we stopped for the night, all is well.”
Sam heard the hesitancy in his wife’s voice. He had begun to worry about Lydia lately. She wasn’t acting herself.

“That’s good.” was all she said.
“So you ready for bed,” he asked as he lay down with his clothes on.
“Yes I am wearing your favorite night gown, the beige one made out of silk with the small lace ribbons down the front.”
“Really?”
The thought of her in that nightie made him immediately excited. His pants were suddenly tight in the crotch.
“You there?” she asked.
“Yes,” he breathed huskily into the phone as he bit his lip.
Lydia laughed to herself. Sam was a bit predictable at times but she loved him for it.

“Hold on,” he said as he put the phone down then went to lock the door.
Afterward he took off his clothes then slid under the covers before retrieving the phone.
“You comfy?” she asked with a smile in her voice this time.
“Uh huh and I wish you were here,” he said.
She told him to close his eyes and imagine what she looked like. Sam smiled as he did that very thing. He could see her hair as it laid loosely against the pillows. Her long lashes against her tan cheeks. Her sweet rounded breasts as they caressed the fabric of her gown. In his mind he could almost touch her. He bit his lip when her realized she was talking again.

“You in the zone?” she asked.
“Oh I am way in the zone,” he said with a sigh.
“I can see you too,,” she said, “ So muscular firm and parts of you so very hard and sexy.”
In the past, Sam might have blushed at the thought of someone describing him that way but after many years of marriage he was comfortable with the idea and a bit proud that she saw him as virile and masculine. No more Samantha jokes, he thought, of course that had been from Dean.

While Sam and Lydia did their thing, Dean spoke with Logan in the living area.
“So how is Linda?”
“Oh she's fine we're still together, you know.”
“Uh huh?”
“No sex talk, Uncle Dean, please I couldn’t take it right now,” he said with a smile at Dean.
“Hey I wasn’t going to say anything sexual, I was just asking. We haven’t spoke in a while you know.
“Yeah I know since we went on the hunt and came back with Marianne.”
“Hey Logan, I don’t want you to hesitate to come to me if you know you feel you can’t talk to Sam about stuff.”
Logan nodded.

“Uncle Dean, do you think that what we did by taking Marianne was a good thing?”
“Yes I do.”
“Yeah me too. She is a sweetheart I wouldn’t have wanted anything to happen to her.”
This time Dean nodded. “Yeah I know there are so many horrible things happening to young children.”

Logan went on to explain how he and Mackenzie sometimes watched Marianne and how much he enjoyed it though he knew his friends wouldn’t think he was cool for baby sitting. Dean smiled and was glad that Sam had raised a good son. He was proud of his baby brother.

TBC