Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Logan and Dean got out to the car to take certain the lady was okay.  She looked at them with terrified eyes but followed them to get in the vehicle. Logan opened the door to let her in then went around to the other side while Dean hoped back in the front seat.

“You okay Miss?” Sam asked as he watched her look out the window. 

She turned to face him with fresh tears running down her face, “I think my boyfriend was going to kill me, can we go please?”

Sam nodded and moved the car back into drive.  Logan gave her a half smile while the other two allowed her a moment to gather her thoughts.

“I'm Logan,” he said as she looked at him.

She nodded, “I'm Angela, sorry for running in front of your car,” she said softly towards the front seat where Sam concentrated on driving.

“Um don't worry about it.  Is there any where you want us to take you?” Sam asked as he stalled.  He had no idea how to tell her she was who they were looking for in that town.

 

She shook her head as the tears fell again.  She was speechless, she couldn't go back to her family they wouldn't believe her accusations besides it was only a feeling that something was very wrong.  She took a deep breath, she didn't' want to stress out because it would hurt the baby. 

 

“I really don't know where to go, maybe a hotel outside of town I have some cash.  I want to think.   I believe I am in danger but that isn't your problem.”

Dean sighed loudly before Sam rolled his eyes at him.  They both knew the explanations were going to need to come really soon.

“Sounds good, hey we were going to eat maybe we can do that real quickly and get back on the road to find you a place to stay.  We can do that outside of town.”

Angela nodded her agreement as she relaxed against the seat.   

 

--Back at Cassie and Dean’s place Cassie took care of Marianne for Lydia.  The other woman had gone to a Brunch for the Junior mothers at Logan’s school.  Lydia had promised to attend the function weeks before.  She could only sigh as she got out of her vehicle. She pushed her navy blue dress down over her thighs.  It wouldn’t do for her show off anything she liked to be anonymous as possible.  She didn’t mind school activities she usually enjoyed them but more so with Sam or one of the kids in tow.  Oh well, this is a ladies outing I will enjoy my time amongst the fairer sex, she thought.

 

She stopped short of closing the door as she looked in the side mirror to check her lipstick.  She noticed a movement behind her.  She turned quickly with all her hunters training in mind.  Her heart raced in her chest and she laughed when she saw it was a raccoon with two babies going slowly toward the bushes.  Lydia bit her lip before she stood back and took another quick look around the area.  She was satisfied before she shut and locked the door.  She hadn’t been on edge lately but she figured her husband being out of town added to any lingering unrest she had experienced previously.

 ---

Cassie smiled down at the little girl as she played with her on the bed.  Cassie didn’t fell well at all.  Her stomach had been hurting off and on all day.  She had only just found out she was pregnant again.  She hadn’t quite felt ready to tell anyone because of fear of something going wrong.  Self fulfilling prophecy she thought.  She would be positive and when Dean returned she would tell him she determined. 

 

She wondered if had been a good idea to agree to keep the baby alone.  Alli and Mackey were both at a mutual friend’s house for a few hours.  Marianne watched Cassie closely; she began to make noises again after a few minutes of quiet.  Cassie reached for the toddlers hands and kissed them.  She couldn’t swear it but she felt better almost instantly. 

“You are a special child aren’t you?” she said to the baby.

Marianne smiled before she picked her up.  Cassie didn’t have any more pains that night but she wondered why if Marianne had made her better why hadn’t it happened earlier.  It didn’t really matter but she had made a decision in her heart she felt now all would be well with her and her family. 

---
 

After they had been in the hotel about an hour; Sam and Dean decided they better have a talk with Angela about the possible supernatural aspect of the case they were on.

 

They approached the room with trepidation in their hearts as they knocked on the door.  She opened it with a smile for them.  She seemed to have relaxed quite a bit since they settled arrived at the hotel. 

 

“We need to talk,” Sam said as the two of them stood awkwardly in her room. 

“Sure,” she said as she moved from the door way to the chair.  She crossed her legs nervously but listened intently as Sam explained.

It only took a few minutes to tell the entire story.  Sam knew he had taken a chance by telling Angela about Marianne because they could easily lose the little girl if he expressed himself wrongly.  He had wanted to be honest but he refused to be stupid. 

 

--Angela stood to pace the room.  She sighed, “I believe you; I mean many times I thought it was my fault the way he behaved but in my heart,” she steadied herself, she couldn't cry in front of strangers, “I know it’s not just me he is evil.”

“Our research has shown that it’s some type of coven where they sacrifice infants,” Sam said as he looked over at Angela.

He hated the mere thought of such cruelty. 

“We are afraid that even now he will find someone else to take your place, another woman that is,” Dean said as she looked up at the woman.  “I don’t know how to say but someone who is not immune to his charms.”

He has kind eyes, Angela thought of Dean. 

“It’s okay I know I was stupid.  There are thousands of times I told myself he loved me even when it was bad.  I can’t think on that now, I don't know if I can go back though……”

“No,” Sam said before he sat on the end of the bed.  He didn‘t want his height to be overwhelming, “we wouldn't suggest that at all.  You could do everything anonymously once you are far away.  We will work on it also, I'm a lawyer.”

 

Angela nodded.  She would feel so much better after she was far away from her old life. She only wished she had planned better.  She had some money in checking account under a different name.  She also had another apartment but it was on the other side of the country and she had never seen it; not that it would matter at this point. All of her inner instincts had seemed to protect for this day and time. 

 

 She took a deep breath she didn't want to have her baby here.  It would be in news and that was not needed at all.  She would relax and trust the kindness of strangers just like her horoscope had suggested that morning.

 

Another hour passed while they made plans to take her to meet a friend not far away.  It was to avoid her having to board any public transportation that could easily track her.  At the hotel they had signed in with adjoining rooms that were Dean and Sam's while Angela had gone to the coffee shop with Logan. 

 

The only record they were together would be in the parking lot.  Sam took care of that on their way out with a fifty dollar bill to the attendant who would get rid of the tape of their arrival and seemed sympathetic to the cause. 

 

--They had only rested at the hotel until it was late.  After they dropped Angela with her friend they headed toward home.  Logan and Dean could tell that Sam had been quiet for an unreasonable amount of time had something dangerous on his mind.  It was the set of his pensive shoulders and tight jaw that tipped them off. 

 

 They both knew what he was thinking.  Dean approached his brother with reason or he tried to.

“Sam I know how you feel about this but we are not in the business of revenge these days.  We helped Angela and her baby and with the magic of the internet and your law degree that Bastard will be punished.”

Sam was still quiet as Logan looked over at his uncle who seemed to be at a loss for words. 

“We’ve done what we can do for now Dad, right? Consider Marianne, she loves you and its eagerly looking for her favorite daddy and brother to come home to her,” Logan half teased.

Sam spoke finally, “You’re right Logan and Dean.  I don’t want to do endanger our custody of the precious little girl.  I couldn’t deal with that.  I am not shy about how much I love that child as much as I do my own.  You both know I want to hunt down that crazy bastard and pummel him to death that is just the facts of it.”

The car went quiet before Dean thought he better say something, “We know and he would deserve it but really we need to go after the entire group if we are to make a real change.  You with your awesome research skills can do that also.”

Logan laughed, “Go Dad, go Dad, go Dad,” he said it with a hip hop beat attached.  It wasn’t something that was expected from Logan was very much a nerd in his attitude.

Sam and Dean laughed heartily at that little ditty from Logan.  The heaviness of the ride back home had been broken.

 

---Joanna was relieved to hear what Sam had to say about her daughter.  He had successfully fallen for her little angel.  She couldn’t have been happier.  She had witnessed Sam changing from a man who did what he had to do for his job into a main who cared enough to challenge the norm.  Her little treasured child had been given a new chance because of her death. 

---

Sam and Logan dropped Dean off at the house around three in the morning. He went in to find that Cassie was waiting for him.  She smiled and hugged him after she got up off the sofa.

“So how did it go?”

“It’s a long story and I’m tired but things went well,” Dean said from the comfort of her arms. She moved away from him with a slight smile on her face.

“What’s up?” he asked before he took her hand to lead her up to the bedroom.

“We are going to have another baby,” she said before the stepped into the room.

Dean stopped; he thought his heart had also stopped for a moment.  It had been years since there was a new child for them.  Dean thought they couldn’t get pregnant anymore. It wasn’t that they had really tried they had actually been fairly careful about the issue.

Cassie stopped just inside the room because Dean was quiet.  She had expected him to be cautiously excited.

“You aren’t happy?”

“No, yes, I am happy but mostly surprised,” he answered as he pulled her toward the bed.

“Yeah?”

“Uh huh,” he said, before he pulled her into his lap.  “Another baby sound great Sweetie.  I just didn’t know we were trying.”

She snuggled her head into his neck. He moved his hands over her back.

“It just happened, Dean.  I am only a few weeks along but I feel it’s going to be fine.”

Dean kissed her then, all of his feelings were on display in that one exchange. “This is a good thing for us.  I love you so much, Baby.”

“I love you too.”

--At Lydia and Sam’s house Logan went up to his room while Sam spoke with Lydia who also had waited up.

“How did the luncheon go?” he asked before she pulled him close to her. Her hands went up around his neck and into his silky long hair.

“It went fine; I missed you though.  I was concerned after you called last night.”

Sam leaned down to kiss his wife.  He enjoyed his life with her and the kids more than he thought he ever could.

They didn’t speak of the reason he had been gone until they were in the room with the door closed.

“So?”

“Everything is going to work out with us and Marianne. I will make sure the man is punished and the hammer comes down on the coven.”

Lydia smiled she knew that Sam had it in him to protect the innocent and get revenge on the wicked.  It was what he had been doing his whole life.

“That’s good to hear.  I know you love that little girl like one of your own.”

Sam blushed.  Marianne made a noise from across the room where he went to pick her up.

“Yes, she is special to me and as I can tell all of us.  We will do anything to keep her safe.”

Marianne seemed to agree as Sam swore she smiled brightly at him.

That is how it should be, Lydia thought as she looked on at the two of them.   

 

The End.

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for waiting for the rest of this fic Enjoy.