Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you all are still enjoying this fic. 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Dean relaxed on the sofa as he tried to watch the pre-taped hockey game above the noise of the slumber party upstairs. He took a deep breath as he tried to block out the nosiness. Then reached for the beer bottle as the door opened and Cassie walked in.
“Hiding?”
“No you?”
“Well it is a bit loud out there.”
“Yeah but it’s Alli’s party it’s not like we can tell her to hold it down with all those girls.”
“I know, what’s up?” he asked as he held the remote and pushed the button to pause.
“Just checking on you, need anything else in here?” she asked as she sat in his lap.
“No, you are all that was missing,” he said with a smile.
“Uh huh, wishing you had somewhere to go like Cory?”
Dean smiled; the young boy had gone to a neighbors for the night because he knew how things would turn out if he stayed home.
---
 Cassie leaned down to kiss him before he could answer. He pushed his hands up her short tee shirt as she kissed him back. His lips moved gently across hers. So many emotions filled him; he didn’t think he could be anywhere else in the world that would make him as happy. Maybe this will be better than the game, he pondered. Cassie wound her hands through his hair before she pushed her tongue into his mouth. Then he pulled her up farther on his lap. His body responded easily to her presence though he knew the den wasn’t the place they could make out properly with visitors in the house. She put her hands around his shoulders as she got closer to him. He traced her nipples under her bra with her fingertips and she arched her back as she had a desire to straddle his lap to take him there on the sofa. He moved his hands all over her back but he knew it wasn’t enough, because it rarely was. She moved back suddenly and he could see the passion in her eyes.
“Maybe we should take this to the room, I mean unless you want to finish watching the game,” she suggested with a glint in her eyes.  
She read his thoughts exactly.
---
Logan came back from the clinic and went straight to his room with little more than a
hello to his parents. Lydia looked at Sam as he watched Logan go.
“I would give him some time before…”
“I know he just looks upset.”
“That’s good if he is upset less likely he will allow that to happen to him any time or ever.”
“You’re right,” he said as he went back to finish his review of what his dreams had shown him about Marianne and Joanna.
Lydia watched Sam from the floor as she played with Marianne. He pursed his lips as he made his notes on his lap as he sat on the sofa. She was quiet as she listened to the little girls noises. There hadn’t been a moment that she hadn’t been thrilled to have a small child in their home again. On the other hand, there were moments where she wished it had happened in another way. It wasn’t fear just logic. Sam had worked so hard to get to his position; so many times, he had wanted to give up. She didn’t want him to lose all he had worked for but she understood how he would do everything possible to keep the child.  
---
 “Hey what’s wrong?” he asked her.
“Nothing.”
“Oh come on you were lost in thought, is it something you can’t say in front of the baby?” he teased her.
She grinned at him as he moved to sit on the floor with them. Marianne reached for him to take her in his lap.
“Dad dy.”
Sam grinned, he was still getting used to her calling him daddy. He nuzzled his nose to her hair, “Sweet girl,” he said.  
Lydia tried to smile but the fear took her by surprise. We can’t lose her but to keep her…
Sam looked up to see the uneasiness in his wife’s eyes again.
“Tell me what’s wrong.”
“She is so sweet and innocent but what we are doing…”
Marianne reached around for Lydia again and she couldn’t resist the little girl as she pulled her back into her arms.
“We are doing what is right,” Sam said as he moved to them both to kissed their heads.
That should settle that, Joanna said as she watched. She sighed she was afraid one of them would get cold feet as some point.  
---
 Upstairs, Logan was about to phone Linda to tell her he wanted to break up with her then he put the phone down. He sighed. He liked them both, no, he loved Linda but he still liked Jenn, a lot. He picked the phone again to call Valerie, Val was his buddy, his go to girl for girl advice. They had been friends since day one. Before she picked up, he considered just walking over to her house down the street.
“Hello.”
“Hey Val.”
“Logan?”
“Yeah what’s wrong?”
“Um, I can’t talk to you,” she said in a whisper.
“What? Why?”
“My parents found out you got Jenn pregnant now they don’t want me to associate…”
“But that’s not true you know Jenn was seeing an older guy,” he said as he racked his hands through his dark hair.
“I know, let’s just give them some time. I believe you Logan, I’m sorry but I have to go.”
“Okay, later.”
---
 Logan sat down on his bed. Rumors. The rumors had begun and he just returned from the clinic. Jenn had been fine when he dropped her off at home but she had been quiet on the way back. He was worried about her but he wanted to give her time to think. She had thanked him for being there for her and the money. He shook his head as he recalled all the young girls he had seen in the clinic, too many he thought. The nurse had told him they were only having exams of course they are not all here for abortions. He leaned back on the bed to close his eyes then felt a weight on it. When he opened his eyes, Linda was straddled over him. For a moment he didn’t move. They were rarely in his room alone, he didn’t find it was a good atmosphere for studying and maybe he was old fashioned but kissing and sex where totally different to him.  
---
 “Hey you.”
“Hey,” he said as he leaned up and she had to move off the bed.
“Your parents sent me up they are downstairs with the baby.”
Logan smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes.  
“How did it go with Jenn?”
“Good as far as I could tell she wasn’t saying much on the way back.”
Linda watched Logan as he avoided her gaze.
“You still like her?”
He hesitated, he and Linda were good together. She was a serious student most of the time despite her cheerleader status. She had come on to him but he had found her straightforwardness refreshing. She was fearless and he had hoped that one day he could tell her his family secret.  
“To be honest, I think I do a little.”
She headed toward the door before he got up to stop her.  
“But…… I know I love you,” he said as he pulled her in his arms. 
He did love Linda and any other girl would have been jealous to let her boyfriend go with his ex to have an abortion or do anything. Linda had trusted him; because of that, he felt he should stay with her.  
---
 Alyssa was able to enjoy her party that night and she was happy when she finally dozed off about three in the morning. They were camped out in the den that her parents had vacated earlier. She had been the last to close her eyes as she looked around at her friends who had all fallen asleep. She hadn’t wanted to miss anything. There were eight of them including her, Vanessa, and Mackenzie.  
---
 They had begun the night with pizza and wings before they cut the cake her mother had insisted upon, before they departed for the bowling alley. There some girls had bowled while other played video games. Mackenzie who had just turned twelve favored the video games but so did Alyssa’s friend, Nancy.  
---
 Nancy who wore glasses was a bit of a geek but Alyssa had always enjoyed the girl’s intelligence. She felt her and Mackenzie playing video games was fate. Alyssa was reminded by her mother several times to make sure everyone had fun and not just bowl as if all her guests were bowling with her. The girl rolled her eyes after she took her turn then went to check on the other girls. Besides the gamers, there were a couple boy watchers in the food area. Alyssa laughed as she approached them and surprised as they drooled over a passing guy who was old enough to be there teacher or at least a student teacher.
“Everything okay?” she asked.
“Fine,” Nancy mumbled as she totally ignored her hostess.
Alyssa took the hint as she went back to her game. Cassie smiled as she passed by her. She still couldn’t believe that she and Dean had been married long enough to have a teenager. It was weird.  
---
{Flashback –Five Years before}
Dean had gone hunting with Sam for the first time in a very long time. He had left a week before Alyssa’s birthday with the promise he would be back on time. Sam had been on a vacation as well and Cassie assumed they needed some brother time. She and Lydia had planned a big to-do for Alyssa’s eight birthday partially to cover the fact that more than likely Dean wouldn’t make the event.
“I can’t believe he is doing this, he knows she loves birthdays and it’s like it doesn’t matter,” Cassie said as she and Lydia walked around the party store.
Lydia bit her lip she knew Cassie didn’t mean what she said. She realized her friend was only upset and disappointed by her husband’s absence.
“Cassie you know Dean loves his children more than anything.”
Cassie stopped her basket as she turned to Lydia with tears in her eyes.
“Yeah I know,” she said hesitantly as Lydia pulled her into her arms.  
She let her cry a moment before she asked her what was wrong.
“I guess I’m just scared of him being out hunting,” she said as she pulled herself together.
“No, that isn’t all of it right?”
Cassie bit her lip as her eyes welled up with tears again. Lydia looked around they needed to talk alone not in the middle of a store. She moved the basket from Cassie’s grasp before she led her outside into the sunshine. 
---
 Lydia didn’t say anything as they sat down on a bench in front of the store.
Cassie shook her head, “I’m sorry it’s you know I guess I am just worried.”
But Lydia didn’t buy it besides the fact that Cassie had allowed her to pull her out of the store.
“Are you sure? Hey you can tell me anything, I won’t tell Dean or any one you don’t want me to.”
Cassie sighed, I think I’m pregnant again.”
“What?”
“I know it is a bit unexpected and I do not think Dean wants any more.”
Lydia looked in her face.  
“You are kidding right?”
“I don’t know for sure I just am late, and he is gone.”
Lydia smiled as she hugged Cassie again. She had been through the same thing and no one had ever known about it. Being a hunter herself, she was able to hide her emotions a bit better than Cassie. She felt sorry for her she also had a feeling it was nerves and not a baby that was Cassie’s problem.
“Well only time will tell,” Lydia said as Cassie felt better after sharing what she thought.
---
 As things worked out Dean arrived two days before the birthday with a gift for his baby girl. Cassie was relieved to see him and her body responded by correcting itself. Cassie felt better after Dean came back happy and ready to celebrate his daughter’s special day despite the fact that the demon was still out on the prowl. The signs that had chased had all but disappeared in Wyoming by the time they arrived.  
{End Flashback}
---
 Afterward they arrived back at the house around eleven that night where Cassie had taken her leave of the young girls and gone to hang out with Dean. After chitchat, a few calls to forbidden boys and lots of yelling they found the den empty so they watched a couple of movies before they began to doze.  
---
 When Alyssa woke up with a loud scream Dean rushed into the room only to find all of his daughters friends around her for comfort. He backed out into the hall as he made his way back to his bedroom.
“She okay?”
“I guess the girls were consoling her I did not want to intrude,” Dean said with a frown.
“That was best you know. She would hate for them to think you were her hero every time she had a nightmare.”
“Even though it’s true?” he asked with a smile as the snuggled back under the covers. 


TBC