Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 3

Davia

I was not crazy. I was right. Jackson had been hitting on me. He gave me the most beautiful smiles and the sexiest grins when he didn’t think anyone was looking. Now, I didn’t know how to act because he did not verbally repeat any of what happened a month and a half ago that night at the club in class. He was very professional, except for the grins and smiles. I was kind of glad of that because I would have really tripped if he tried to come on to me after class or something. I’m glad he didn’t because I don’t know how I would have reacted…either I would have turned him down, or stripped him and gave him the ride of his life…not very good considering I’m on an official man free holiday…but damn it, he was fine as hell. What’s a girl to do? Help me, someone, please!

I was on my way to finish studying for Jackson’s last test before the final when I decided to drop in on my father, who was a retired Marine. I hadn’t been over in a month…that and he barbecued…so I decided to go and see my favorite man, which was my daddy.

“Hey, daddy, where you at?” I asked as I walked into my childhood home.

“In here, baby,” my father, Derek Vincent yelled from the kitchen. My daddy was a hottie. He had every single, widowed or divorced woman between the ages of 35 and 50 wanting his behind.

“Daddy,” I replied as I walked into the kitchen to see my father drinking juice and dressed to kill in a gray suit, with a pink shirt. He saw me and smiled as he held open his arms and I walked into them. We hugged as he kissed the top of my head. I kissed his cheek as I made my way to the refrigerator.

“Hey baby,” he replied.

“Hey daddy. I came to see you and you’re on your way out the door? You’re making me sad,” I asked with a small pout as he laughed.

“I am?” my father asked.

“Yes, you are. Now, if you give your lovely daughter a little somethin’ somethin’, I will most certainly turn this frown upside down,” I replied as he laughed.

“What’s the thing that you, Leenie and Metrius say to each other? Oh yeah…you are so out, little girl. You got your somethin’ somethin’ as you put it in your account last week. Stop trying to drain your old man,” he replied with a grin.

“Not my fault that you spoiled me rotten. I need another hug, daddy. I missed you,” I replied as I hugged my daddy again.

I am a daddy’s girl. Always have been and always will be. Whatever my daddy asks of me, I do, because he was and is such a good father to my siblings and I. I love my daddy very much…sue me.

“I missed you too, puddin’. I know it takes a lot for you to come all of 30 minutes from your apartment to see your daddy, but my old behind sure does appreciate it and for the last time, I ain’t got no money, Simmy, so give it up,” he said with a grin. My daddy was full of it. He always had money.

“Ha ha, father dear, I was not trying to hit you up, just playing with you. You know I love you and you’re not old…just ask half the women who want you on this street. Besides, you called me to tell me that you were making barbecue ribs, so you know I was coming quick, fast and in a hurry. Where are you off to looking and smelling so good?” I asked as I grinned at him from the fridge.

My daddy smiled at me. “I knew it…you’re just here for the food, but that’s okay. The ribs are in the oven. I just took them off the grill an hour ago. Take some home…and I did say some, not all of them like you did the last time, baby girl. Lenie (Falene’s nickname) had a fit last month when she came over with potato salad and no barbecue ribs…that ain’t right,” my father stated with a grin, whistling as he grabbed his keys. I looked through the cupboards to find Tupperware. I took the ribs out of the oven and proceeded to fill my Tupperware with several ribs.

“Simmy…save some for your brother and sister,” he replied in that no nonsense tone that scared the bejesus out of his fellow Marines and me, Falene, and Demetrius.

“But they’re so good daddy,” I stated as I put the top on my container and put the remaining ribs in the fridge.

My father gave me that look and I caved. “Yes sir.”

I nudged my daddy with my elbow and he grinned. “You still haven’t answered my question. Where are you going?” I asked.

“Out…with a friend. I don’t get into your business, little girl and you’re not going to start getting into mine, understand? I will see you later, baby girl. Good luck on your test and lock up when you leave, Simmy,” my daddy answered as he walked to the door. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and grinned.

“I love you baby. Be careful,” he replied as he walked to the door.

“I love you too, daddy. Have fun,” I replied as I waved at my father.

He’s so full of shit. He’s always in my business, especially when it involves men. My daddy was the one that told me that Ronald (the flaming gay ex) was not to be trusted and possibly gay. I couldn’t believe it, and I wouldn’t believe it. After my dad found out what happened, he went to Ronald’s apartment, held him up by his neck and threatened to unscrew Ronald’s dick off with his bare hands and shove it up his ass if I happened to test positive for HIV or any STD’s. Nobody messes with Derek Vincent’s daughters…nobody. Now I’m really curious about this person he was going out with. He’ll spill sooner or later…he doesn’t keep much from me for long.

I guess I should explain a few things. When I was a 19 year old sophomore in college (just beginning my sophomore year), my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. My daddy loved the ground my mother walked on…they were crazy about each other…that’s what I want, what they had and if I have to be a 40 year old woman and wait for it, I would. But I’m getting off the topic…sorry.

I loved my mommy…I miss my mommy so much. She was kind, funny, spunky and mega talented. She was a professionally trained dancer and owned a dance studio in Dallas, where Falene, Megan, Brianna and I practically grew up. Nicole Vincent was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen…inside and out. When we found out she was sick, I decided against my mother’s and father’s wishes to stay and run the studio with my mother until she became too sick to run it. Brianna now runs the school and dances professionally. Falene, Megan and myself do help out on weekends when we can.

I dropped out of school and stayed with my mother, who died 3 years later. The reason that I did what I did is because I felt that I could always go to college, but I only have one mother and I wanted to spend as much time as I possibly could with her. I cooked for her, fed her, administered her medication, etc. The other reason was that my brother was just starting his firm and Falene only had a year left of dental school. I felt that there was no need for them to stop what they were doing, so it was no big deal. They both came home every weekend to help and to spend time with her. That’s why I’m a 25 year old senior and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. Because of my sacrifice as they like to call it…and it pisses me off when they call it that because it wasn’t a sacrifice…I was loving my mother…but I’m getting off subject again…sorry…my brother and sister, along with my dad, take care of my bills and other needs because they wanted me to go straight through school with no hindrance when I went back. My family is like that…we help one another and stick together…that’s the only way we know how to survive.

I’ve got to get moving to the library to go finish reviewing for this test…but before that, I’m going to take me a couple of more ribs. I don’t care what my daddy says. Ummm, they are so good.
*********************************************************
Jackson

Finally…it’s here. The day when Davia sexy ass Vincent would no longer be my student. Yippee fuckin’ kayeh! This last month and a half have been pure torture for me. Now, it’s over. Now, I can go after her…that is, if she wants me. I hope she wants me.

I called her name to receive her test and when I gave her that 98, she gave me the biggest smile. I never thought I could get a woody from a smile, but the smile she just laid on me gave me gigantic wood…petrified wood.

I know, I’m pathetic, but she’s so freakin’ hot!

After the class was over, I decide to call her to my desk. This shit has finally come to an end. Now I can see what’s up. I waited until everyone had left and I leaned my back against the blackboard as she grinned at me.

“You wanted to see me, Jackson?” she asked.

“Good work, Ms. Vincent. I just wanted to let you know that it’s been a pleasure having you in my class…and I must admit, you are brilliant,” I replied smiling at her.

“See, I told you and it’s been a pleasure taking this class. It wasn’t so bad,” she replied with a huge grin

“I’m glad to hear that. You know, you seem very happy,” I noticed.

“That’s because I am…I’m sublimely happy,” she stated.

“ Is it because you don’t have to take the final or because you’re done with my class?” I asked as I crossed my arms and gave her a once over that was so quick that I knew she didn’t notice it. She was wearing a flowing knee-length, ruffled skirt with pink flip flops and a pink baby tee that showed her belly button, with her hair up in those hair chopsticks. She looked innocent and sexy as all get out.

“I’m happy for several reasons,” she said.

“Fire away,” I replied with a grin.

“First, I’m done with my last semester of undergrad…ever. Two, I don’t have anymore tests to take and three, I never, ever have to smell the Science building again. It’s funky…smells like rotten eggs and cheesy feet,” she replied as I laughed. Too cute, I told you.

“I guess those are logical, legitimate reasons to be happy,” I stated as I gave her a green eyed stare. But I could make you a lot happier, I thought, especially if you let me lick your…I know, dirty mind…I’ll stop. I knew I was getting to her because she kept looking away.

“Honestly, I’m really happy because I’m graduating and I don’t have to take your final, but I’m going to miss your class,” she replied sincerely.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes, really. It’s good to learn from someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about, so thank you,” she replied.

“You’re welcome. I’m going to really miss seeing you in my class. I really liked having you in my class,” I replied as I smiled at her. What I would really like is to have you naked in my bed or on this floor, but…okay, I’m stopping. Then, I continued to speak.

“Ms. Vincent…,” I said, but was interrupted.

“Once again, would you please cut it out with the Ms. Vincent stuff. I am no longer your student. As soon as you placed this test in my hand, that went out the window. I’m outta here. Please, call me Davia,” she replied.

If that didn’t beat all. Hey, she said it. So, here goes.

“Davia it is. You do realize that you have one of the most beautiful names I have ever heard? It’s sexy and lovely and sweet. Has anyone ever told you that?” I asked as I moved a little closer to her.

She was a little nervous, but she wasn’t running so I saw this as a very good sign.

“No, but thank you. You should be complimenting my mother. It was her idea to name me Davia. I was this close to being named Floretta or Quantantina or something, thanks to my daddy,” she replied as I laughed. Oooh, the way she just said daddy…Jackson, stop acting like you’re a 19 year old frat boy…but I can’t help it…she makes me feel like that.

“I’m definitely going to miss that sense of humor. Davia, can I be honest?” I asked walking until I was leaning on the lecturn, looking down into her beautiful brown orbs.

“Sure,” she replied, licking her lips nervously.

“I’m very glad that you are done with my class because,” I replied as she nodded her head giving me a curious look,"I find you extremely attractive, and I am very attracted to you and I would like to get to know you better,” I replied with the most serious look on my face as I moved closer to her. She stared up into my eyes and didn’t move. I was looking directly down into that pretty face and she just swallowed loudly. She did have a thing for me.

Gotcha.
*********************************************************
Davia

No, he didn’t! No he is not staring at me like he wants to suck me through a straw and no he did not just tell me that he wants to get to know me better…and did he say he found me extremely attractive? Me…Davia Simone Vincent in a class with little blonde and brunette Barbie dolls.

Whoa. This was getting serious.

I couldn’t pull myself away from him. Those beautiful green eyes which were turning colors at the time had me hypnotized and he had the sexiest lips I had ever seen…girl, calm down and stop staring at the man. Wait, he’s staring at me too. Say something.

“Say what?” I asked still staring at him. He gave me this absolutely dead sexy grin and leaned his right arm out over the lecturn, moving closer to me if that was possible. His finger dragged along my right arm and I felt all tingly.

Got damn it, white boy. Stop making me feel so damn tingly.

“Davia, you heard what I said, but I’ll give you another version, ok?” My gorgeous, newly ex-professor replied in that sexy voice of his and I nodded.

“Okay,” I said as we continued to stare into each other’s eyes.

“I’ve been waiting for you to not be my student anymore so I can ask you out to dinner, a movie, play putt putt…do stuff together that people who want to get to know each other do,” he replied.

I was going to say something about the attractive part, but he piped in, “And yes, I am very attracted to you. I find you utterly adorable.” His finger went from my arm to my left cheek and he caressed it slowly.

I was in a daze…it was those damn eyes and that gorgeous face of his. And that damn finger. Shit. It felt really, really good. “You said extremely attractive, not utterly adorable.” Yes he did say utterly adorable, you dazed idiot.

Jackson grinned and gave a low chuckle as his head lowered a bit.“Yes, I did say extremely attractive, but you have to admit, you are freakin’ adorable,” he replied with that grin of his, his finger went back to tracing my arm. Whoa, nelly.

“I guess so. Can we get back to the part with the putt putt and the food?” I asked as he laughed.

“You are so cute. I’m serious Davia. Would you have dinner with me Friday night?” Jackson asked.

“Like a date-date? Me and you?” I asked, sounding like I failed hooked on phonics. Why was this man making me sound like one of those blithering, failing idiots that sat in the front row? He leaned his head lower and smiled. What was he wearing because he smelled so good! I love a man that smelled good.

“Yes, you and I,” said Jackson.

“Why me?” I asked because I honestly wanted to know. This man was gorgeous, had a great career…what did he want with me, the chick that attracts gay guys…oh, please don’t let him be an undercover too. If that happened again, I would definitely stick to plug up penises. It wouldn’t make me go to women. It’s not that serious…it could never be that serious.

“Because I like you…I’ve liked you since you walked through that door 10 minutes late 41/2 months ago,” he replied his hand capturing mine as he played with my fingers, continually staring into my eyes. My underwear definitely needed to be in the wash now. .

“Damn…you remember that?” I asked.

Jackson smiled. “I remember everything about you, like how beautiful and sexy you looked that night when I ran into you at that club after midterms with that sexy little blouse and those skintight jeans, showing off your beautiful body or when I would see you biting your bottom lip when you were concentrating during a test that I wished it was my lips softly sucking yours,” Jackson stated as he slowly pulled his bottom lip with his teeth.

No he didn’t.

Oh yeah. The drawers were a lost cause now.
*********************************************************
Jackson

Aw, yeah. I got her on the ropes now. Just keep her where she is and keep talking.

Davia’s cute little mouth released one word. “Oh.”

“So, do you like Cuban food?” I asked, my finger making little circles inside her palm. Her breath caught and I wanted to pull her close to me and kiss her until she was dizzy. But then I thought about it and decided I wouldn’t do that yet. I had already shocked the girl. Didn’t want her to think that I was just out to get my hands on her, even though, that’s all I’ve been dreaming and thinking about for the entire semester. I continued to look down into her eyes and smile at her. God, she was a beautiful girl and hopefully, she would say yes.

“Yes, I do,” she whispered.

I continued to grin at her. “Good. Friday night, Javier’s, eight o’clock?”

“Umm…okay,” she whispered.

I licked my lips slowly and smiled at her once more before stepping away from her. I pushed her test back to her. “Okay. I need your number and your address.”

Davia broke out of the spell I had her under and wrote her number and her address on the test. She pushed it back.

“This is going to be good, Davia. You’ll see. I’ll see you Friday night,” I replied as she smiled shyly at me.

“Okay, I’ll see you Friday night…oh and by the way,” she replied.

I waited and leaned back on the blackboard.

“I think you’re cute too. Have a good night, Dr. Delicious,” Davia replied as she smiled.

I laughed and winked at her, “You too, beautiful. Until Friday.”

“Until Friday,” she replied and sauntered through the door.

I laughed to myself as she left. Friday night couldn’t get here fast enough, I thought as I gathered my things.