Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you to everyone who read or reviewed, it ment the world to me! I know I'm late with this chapter but life got in the way. but i was able to put it aside for the past two nights. i hope you like, please enjoy.

dani




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


He was what I fantasized; He was what I dreamed…

May 15, 2008

Landon Restaurant Corporate Office

(9am)

“So tell me about your current job?” the blonde head blue eyed woman sitting across the glass conference table asked, she had to be either in her late twenties – early thirties, I wasn’t quite sure.  

“I started working at Seymour about two, almost two and a half years, as a sales consultant. I dealt a lot with materials and customer service for a year before being promoted to Marketing part of Public Relations. Which now I basically scout out a potential customer and create a strategy of how Seymour can fit their wants and needs.”     

“Looking at your résumé I see you are full time both at Seymour and school, how do you juggle the two?”

“It’s quite easy actually; the company I work for now is very flexible when it comes to school.  They let me come in late or work at home; sometimes I may have internet courses so if things are busy I’m able to do test during down time.  My teachers also know my work load, so they are also very helpful.  By releasing project early so you can be ahead if you want to. I’m not going to lie to you sometimes it’s hard, but you have a great support system there is absolutely no reason for you to fail. I also believe when you really truly want something, you can’t – no - won’t let anything stop you. “

“Wow, I must say when this interview started off, it was a little shaky. I could tell you were shy and your nerves got the best of you at the beginning. But you made a turnaround in the middle of it and showed me it something we can work on. After today’s meeting I can see now why Dylan spoke so highly.” Judy said to her as she leaned forward in her chair, “and also why you should be a primary face here; welcome to Landon Restaurant Inc.”

Letting out the a sigh I’ve been holding since before pulled into the parking lot and let a huge smile spread across my face as both hands flew to my chest as if to keep my heart from flying out. “Oh my, thank you so much.” I said pulling one hand away and taking the older ladies out reached hand in shaking it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Seymour Office

(10:30am)

Walking into office build I felt as if I was on cloud nice. Luck was for the bird’s migrating for the winter, I was truly blessed by this opportunity and was thankful that all my dreams and hard work was coming to true. “Good day ladies, how has this morning treated you today?” I asked Denise and Jackie once reaching the receptionist desk.

“Oh it’s going great but not as great as yours obviously with the look you had exiting off the elevator into the entrance hallway. It seemed as if you were in the Land of La-La, again.” Jack spoke up first. “Girl, tell me is it as wonderful as I imagine?” 

“Better.”

“See I told you Ms. D she be smoking that,” the brown-hair hazel eyed girl mimic smoking a bud to the older black lady.

“Oh hush child!” Ms. Denise said with laughter in her voice as shakes her head at us. “But I do have to agree with her, you did seem to be awfully happy when you exit off the elevator just now. Did you meet a gorgeous man on your way up?”

“No better than that,” I paused for the dramatic effect, “I got except into Landon’s management program!”

“Oh my, congratulations girl,” Ms. D squealed before pulling me into a hug, “I’m so proud of you.”

“Thank you so much.” I say hugging her back.

“Yes!” Jack says, doing a little victory dance “Free food awesome!”

Pulling away we take in the sight in front of us, before Ms. D speaks up first. “She’s a special one; I don’t know how you deal with her twenty-four-seven. “

 “Tell me about.” I chuckle and shake my head; the three of us ladies talk a little while longer before I go to my office.  

Sitting down at my desk I pick up the file labeled C.C. Contractions, placing it beside the computer before turning it on and begin to finish the last touches to my proposal. C.C. Contractions was a new client from north-east looking to expand their business here in Texas, I’ve been researching them for the past few weeks. At twelve o’clock I had a lunch date with one of their associate, Mr. Matthews, and hoped to have deal by the end of our meal.

Hitting the print button I glancing at the computer clock and sees it almost 11:30am, I had enough time to get to the restaurant and hopefully have a table before Mr. Matthews even pulled up to the restaurant. Standing up, I did a quick run over of my appearance in front of the contemporary mirror hanging in the office. Reapplying chapstick to the lips and tossing the swoop bangs out of the eyes towards my long wave ponytail, I take in the silk crème blouse that compliment my skin-tone, absently mindedly smoothes the penciled brown skirt that hugged my hips and looks down at the two-tone high heels on my feet. Satisfied I grab the matching jacket to the skirt, my attaché case and purse before walking out the door.   

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mingalone

(11:55am)

Wanting Mr. Matthews to feel comfortable I let him choose the location with this being my first time here I had to say it sure did smell wonderful here at Mingalone. After being informed by the hostess I was the first to show for the party of ‘Matthews’, the hostess leaded me to a window table to my left taking a seat as the lady in black introduced herself, “Welcome to Mingalone I’m Madeline your hostess for the day and Randy, your server today will be right out with your waters. Can I get you anything else?” she smiles.

“No, no thank you Madeline.”

“Okay, I will show Mr. Matthews to the table once he arrives here. Enjoy your meal.” Madeline says before scurrying off.

Once Randy had appeared dropping off waters and introduction, I was left alone to let my eyes roam of the menu in front of me as I sipped my water before letting them wonder the room. Taking in the people filtering through the door of the Italian restaurant, the place was quiet with couple, business men and friends. Other than the occasional laugh it was mostly nice chatter throughout the restaurant.

Waiting patiently for my lunch companion I looked back at the menu taking everything in wondering what was good. Not having any idea what the guy looked like, just that he had a warm inviting voice with a slight accent over the phone.  Probable someone in their middle ages, hopefully happily married, because nothing was worst then having to kiss ass and do business with a sleaze bag.

Glancing at my watch it was twelve o’clock on the dot, I let my eyes wonder to the front door as a young man stepped into the restaurant. Letting my eyes drink him in they took in his tall statured, dark wavy mane and the tailored charcoal gray suit compliment his skin and body. I couldn’t really tell what color his eyes were, but was sure they were just as yummy as the rest of him. 

Looking away quickly, when his eyes connected with mine, feeling a slight blush crap up my cheeks.  I had just been caught red handed gawking at this guy, ‘oh my how embarrassing’, I thought as I took another sip of water and tired to shrug it off but couldn’t shrug off how his stare seem so familiar to me.

 The lunch coward still hadn’t really formed yet in front of Mingalone, so glancing back I look to see if he was still at the door, however he wasn’t Madeline was escorted the handsome smiling stranger towards my directions in the restaurant. Doing a quick and discreet glance around me, only to see I was the only one with an open seat left in this area, ‘what is this some kind of cruel joke?’ I wondered before my thoughts could wonder any further Madeline stopped in front of the table and pulls out the chair slightly. “Here is your table Mr. Matthews.”

“Thank you, Madeline.” He smiles pulling out a tip from the lining of his suit pocket and hands it to her.

“Mr. Matthews, of C.C. Constructions I presume?” I asked smiling at him as he turns back to me. I had started to stand up with my hand out reach, only to stop when he waved his hand to stop me.

However he took my hand into his kissed the back of it gently, “Yes, Ms. Ryan, its pleasure to meet you but please call me Brad.” smiling all the while.  

Pulling my eyes away from my hand I quickly looked up to reply only for my words to get lodged in my throat and lost my breathe as his sparkling brown eyes  wonder over me, ‘Oh my lord, it’s him, Boston boy’  I say to myself as I remembers the worn baseball cap that had a B on it. Before I could even began to wonder if he remember me, I got my answer when those warm familiar browns met my toffee ones.

“I hope I haven’t keep you waiting too long.” He was the first to speak up.

“Uh?” I question snapping out of it only to blush slightly and took a sip of water again. “Oh no, you didn’t. You’re right on time...”

“Great!” Mr. Matt-Brad said breaking into a welcoming smile.

Just as the Randy came over again introduce himself as our waiter, present the feature and see if there was anything he could for them. “More water ma’am?”

“Yes please.” watching him pour the glass of water and I thank him. Looking back at the menu staling time, I took a sip of water willing myself to get a grip I was here on business; there was a deal that need to seal.

“Ms. Ryan?”

Hearing my name I started to look up only for my eyes to land on his lips and wonder what it be like to have those lips sealed against mine. I quickly clear my head and answer him, “Mm, yes?”

 “Would you like an appetizer? Their Frittura di Calamari is excellent.”

“Sure, that sounds good”

As Randy walked off to submit our order I looked back at him, “By the way, Aimee is fine.”

“Aimee?” he asked confused.

A warm smile spread across my face as my heart fluttered when he said it but I ignored it, “Yes, please call me Aimee, Ms. Ryan is my mother.”  

“Oh of course, Aimee,” he smiled back and just like that things weren’t so bad. And as lunch went on it got a lot better, we made small chatter about our jobs, family and friends. He talked a little bit about Boston and I did about Dallas. Unsure of what to order I ask him for tips and when I started the proposal Brad was all ears and talking some more we find ways for both companies to compromise.

Randy came back at the end with the dessert tray in his hand and explained each treat. “Can I interest you two into a dessert?”

Shaking my head with a smile, “No thank you, however that Amaretto cheesecake does look delicious.”

“It is makes you want to skip the entrée and go dessert,” Brad nod, “and Tiramisu not too far behind neither.”

“I’ll have to try it next time I come, Randy and start with dessert first than work my way back. Deal?”

“Deal.” He winked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Brad's P.O.V.

I absentmindedly lick my bottom lip before taking a sip of my ice tea; I still couldn’t believe it was the same girl I bumped into at the grocery store. God, I thought she was beautiful that night, but I do remember her being this attractive. Smiling I watch Aimee; taking notice for her love for food. How she was polite never rude to the staff, listen to all they had to say. Was open to new things and when she liked something she got this blissful look or a sigh would escape her soft full lips. Taking a glance at my watch I do a double take, “Oh wow, it’s almost a quarter to two.” I announced.

“I didn’t know it was getting that late.” Aimee says glanced at her watch as her cheeks turned a soft color of rose, “I’m so sorry for keeping.”

“I’m sorry for tying you up.” We say at the same time, waving the waiter over for the bill, smiling I speak up first. “Oh no it’s fine really. I truly enjoyed your company.”

She blushes again but smiles back, “Me too, lunch was great.” 

“We should defiantly do this again, maybe later next week after I get back from Boston; but you pick the place this time.” I say feeling bold and her eyes glance up to meet mine questioningly, and quickly back track my statement, “I mean to finalize the deal and all.”

“Oh of course,” she smiles but not as bright as before, “sounds great, just let me know what days best for you, okay?”

I nod, “Sure sounds like a plan to me.”

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

May 16, 2008

(8:30pm)

Later that next day, Jack and I were hosting movie night at our place with our friends Ramya and Veronica. Sitting around the living room chit chatting we had just finish eating delicious beef and chicken fajitas from dinner and were stuffed.  

“Why didn’t you guys stop me from being greedy?  I can barely move I’m so stuffed” Jack grumbled from her stop on the coach.

“Please like if we can even try to stand in the way of food and you.” Ronnie says, from the oversized two-tone swivel chair, which received a collected chuckle from the Mya and me.

“Isn’t the true,” I agreed from my spot on the floor in the middle of the room, “For her being such a tiny person, the girl can be violent.”

“Oh hush” Jack said throwing a pillow at me, which I gladly expect as I pull the soft material to my body.

“Exhibit A.”

“Enough children” Mya says from her place on the floor closer to the coffee table. Before turning towards me, “What I want to know is what the hell happen to you, Aimee, yesterday at lunch. You left and like almost didn’t come back.”

“What do you mean what happen? Nothing happen, I had a business proposal to present at lunch.”

“Mmm that’s funny, cause I don’t remember ever see anyone else coming back from one all starry eyed” Jack said.

“I was not starry eyed!” It’s obvious I haven’t told anyone yet that Boston Boy was Mr. Matthews. Heck I still haven’t even come to terms with the idea myself.  

“Were too, if not you been smoking that cha cha and ain’t offer no one any of it.” Ronnie stated.

“That’s your friend” I say to Jack pointing back to Ronnie, “I swear for two people to not even know what weed looks like yet alone what it tastes, y’all sure do talk a lot of shit.”

Mya busted out laughing and shook her head.

“Whatever don’t even change the subject,” Ronnie said.

“Okay remember the guy I bumped into at the store a couple weeks ago?”

“Yeah, Boston Boy, what about him -don’t tell us you went to the store during lunch in hopes to bump into again?” Jack asks. “Beside I thought you had some big meeting with Mr. Matthews.

“Yes, I did have one and I did go, “I say rolling my eyes I ignore the first comment, “But that just it you guys, Mr. Matthews is Boston Boy.”

“No fucking way!”

“Yes way and that was what I thought at first,” tell them, “I knew he remind me of someone but I just couldn’t remember who. But when those gorgeous browns looked into mine I knew than,”

“Awe, that is so sweet and romantic,” Mya smiles, “did he remember you?”

“I don’t know-“

“Hold on wait, what do you mean you don’t know?” Ronnie asked.

“Don’t tell us you acted as if you didn’t know who he way?” Mya says.

“He looked as if he did remember me, but what if he didn’t? Besides we were there for business,” I tell them, now see this is why I don’t want to tell them anything.

 “I can’t believe you didn’t say anything, I mean you talked about him for the past two weeks,” Mya say slightly shocked, “He walks in and happens to be the person your meeting and you didn’t say anything?”

“Believe it!” Jack and Ronnie say in unison.

“Mya it was a business lunching, trying to get his company to work with ours. Nothing, neither more nor less.”

“See that’s why, I don’t know why you are surprise. Look who we're dealing with here…” Ronnie states.

“And I did not talk about him all the time. I just mention he had nice eyes and smile. That’s all-”

“Several times, you may have not talked about him twenty-four-seven like we do about guys. But you brought him up more than you normal do.” Jack speaks up. “But was he as good looking as you remembered?”

“Better than anything I could have fantasized about.”

“What’s Boston Boy’s name?”

“Brad Matthew’s” I say with smile before changing the subject. “So what movie are we watching tonight? Is it a romance-comedy? Or Actions?  Ooo how about that new Bollywood movie I just got? Y’all pick one out while I go get us some more drinks.”

As the girls decided what movie we were going to watch, I went into the kitchen to escape for bit, needing the air. Thinking about my friends in the other room and how different we were when it came to guys. Ronnie was the one all the guys wanted with her exotic features from overseas; she could roll out of bed and still look sexy. And her confidence only made her more attractive.  Jack got guys with her girl next door looks and personality, she was witty and charming. Mya was just beautiful inside out, inside: sweet, caring and bubbly. Outside: her island looks, even though she was married guys were always drawn to her. They had no worries, more of the guys they wanted they got. Me? I was no ugly duckling but I was not sleeping beauty, neither.  Guys looked but they never approached, and if they did it never went anywhere. Maybe it was because I was so strong minded and wasn’t going to settle for anything less.   

Grabbing bottle water I open it and sip on it for awhile think about yesterday’s luncheon.  I knew Boston Boy remember me; I could see it in his eyes. But just because he remembers me didn’t mean he wanted to elaborate on that. I saw something in his eyes before we departed, but it was gone just as quickly as it came. However he did leave me a sweet memory of his soft lips as he left a kiss on my hand when we said our goodbyes; that gave me butterflies.

 

He was what I wanted, exactly what I needed

He was what I fantasized; he was what I dreamed

I didn't know exactly what to say at the restaurant the other day

When I met that perfect man I didn't speak when I had the chance…

 

Prefect Man

Destiny Child

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

I hope you guys liked it, stay tuned for more! Remember feedback is always welcomed ;o)

Thanks again,

Dani

P.S. I wanted to know should i keep the story in first person or changed it to 3rd? which do you think is better?