Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I've been slacking, please forgive me :-). Enjoy!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


But I bet he didn't count on (oh) no nigga like me comin' round
(Giving you things to think about cause I know whats up, yeah)
Since he ain't tryna step it up, don't you think you should give him up?
(Cause he ain't worth your love)
(You need to stop trippin)

 

Jazzelle couldn’t help but think back on the past several months. Fortunately Darius left her a lone and he hadn’t tried to contact her or Justin. Maybe he has moved on and his ego wasn’t as bruised as she thought it would be.

 

Jazzelle and Justin were closer than ever and happy too. Jazzelle was still getting used to all the romantic surprises Justin randomly came up with. Once he sent her 4 dozen pink roses at work and she couldn‘t help cheesing the entire day. She wasn’t much for receiving flowers but the fact that it was so random made it special.

 

“Do you have any family?”

 

Justin asked as they sat outside his balcony. Her back was to his chest, his arms were securely around her waist, and they were watching the sun set together.

 

“I just have my grandma back in Georgia. I visit her every now and then but I am so busy with work and stuff. I want to visit her soon.”

 

“Can I go with you?”

 

She smiled at the question. She wondered what her grandma would think of her choice in a man. She never liked Darius.

 

“I’d like that. She might give you a hard time but she’s a sweet lady. As for the rest of my family, I don’t know them. I’ve never met my parents and I don’t have the desire to anymore. G-ma is enough of a parent for me.”

 

“I can’t wait for you to meet my family and friends, they’ll love you.”

 

He suggested as he kissed her hair softly. She smiled. She couldn’t wait to meet his family either. Darius’ family had been stuck up and bitchy to her because they thought she wasn’t good enough for him. Justin was proud to show her to his family even though she was black. She wasn’t sure if her race would be a problem for them but Justin was a wonderful man. Wonderful men usually don’t come from racist, hateful backgrounds.

 

“Will they care if I’m… ya know?”

 

He chuckled as he got up, pulling her with him.

 

“Jazzelle, you’re not the first black woman I’ve dated but you will be the last.”

 

It took a moment for his statement to register but when it did she grinned widely.

 

“You’re kind of slow baby,” Justin said teasing her.

 

“Well maybe if you would stop speaking in code from time to time I might get what you’re talking about.”

 

“Excuses. You ready to walk to dinner?”

 

She grabbed his hand and they headed down the stairs and out the door. They lived close to downtown Chicago so they decided to go to Cheeseburger world. Justin was beyond happy because he had never had a girlfriend who liked to eat at a place like that. They were always worried about stupid calories and potential love handles.

 

Dinner went fast. They discussed various topics ranging from President Bush, to the messed up pop world. Jazzelle couldn’t remember being so happy and carefree. Justin definitely brought out the best in her and she couldn’t be happier. She had never been in a relationship where she could be 100% herself and not have to worry about being ridiculed. Justin was the real deal.

 

After dinner they took a stroll through a near by park and they were messing around tickling each other when a familiar voice interrupted their playfulness.

 

“You thought you could just dump me and hook up with white boy over here huh? Bitch you must be out yo mind.”

 

Justin stopped short and stared at Darius with contempt and barely controlled anger. The son of a bitch had some nerve.

 

“Watch who the fuck you‘re talking to. The only bitch I see around here is you.”

 

Jazzelle balled her fists when she saw two girls and a guy come from behind some bushes. There was no way they were going to get jumped.

 

“Oh y’all are going to jump us huh? Well bring it on bitches.”

 

It probably wasn’t a good idea to taunt them but they didn’t do anything. They probably weren’t going to do anything without Darius’ permission.

 

“Nothing has to happen Jazz. Just leave this white boy and come back home with me.”

 

“And if I don’t?”

 

Darius’ eyes turned angry at her snippy tone.

 

“Then I guess you don‘t give me any other choice.”

 

Before either of them couldn’t blink the four headed for them. The two guys were on Justin and the two girls on Jazzelle.

 

Jazzelle turned her head towards Justin when she heard him grunt but that served to be a mistake because a fist landed at her lip. Adrenaline and anger over took her body when she tasted blood and she threw a fist at the girl who had hit her, hitting her in the eye and knocking her down.

 

The other girl ran towards her tackling her to the ground. Jazzelle flipped them over and started pounding fists into her face. The girl that had been on the ground pulled her away from the girl by her hair but that only pissed Jazzelle off even more. After getting her hair free she grabbed the girl by the neck, put a leg behind one of her legs and sent her to the ground.

 

She lifted her foot and kicked the girl six times in the ribs and few times in the face. When the other girl didn’t get up Jazzelle went to her and kicked her a few times for good measure. She now had blood on her new heels and her knuckles were killing her but she didn’t care.

 

Justin definitely handled himself because one of the guys was writhing on the floor with a broken nose and he had Darius in a headlock. Darius’ face looked swollen from the punches it had taken and the lack of oxygen made his face look like a pumpkin. After Justin dropped him to the ground he kicked him a few times. Jazzelle laughed. Maybe they both had a thing for kicking people.

 

Jazzelle jogged over to his side and examined the damage he had done.

 

“Nicely done Mr. Tate. And they say white people can’t fight.”

 

They both laughed at that.

 

“What did you do to those girls? They look dead baby.”

 

She chuckled and grabbed his hand.

 

“If they aren’t dead, they should be. Well Darius, this was a nice reunion but next time try to pick people who can actually fight. Nice effort though.”

 

They went the opposite direction and headed home.