Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long for me to post this everyone. School has been kicking my butt and this kinda got put to the back burner. Enjoy!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

(Can you see?)
You and him ain't meant to be together, life with me will be better
(Ohhh ohhh ohhh)
Yes, let him leave you'll be doing yourself a favor
Girl Im just tryna save you

 

 

“Hold still girl. You don’t want that lip hurting more than it is now do you?”

 

Jazzelle sighed as Justin cleaned off her lip wound. She was still heated from the fight but she had to control herself. She and Justin had been cleaning each other’s wounds and cracking jokes for the past hour and the anger was beginning to fade a little.

 

“I still can’t believe he tried to jump us. And they couldn’t even fight. I mean that wasn’t even a challenge.”

 

“He’s a lawyer; he's not really supposed to know how to fight.”

 

“You’re a business owner yet you beat two people’s asses tonight. What’s up with that?”

 

Justin chuckled as he threw away the gauze he had been using.

 

“I just don't like anyone messing with my woman. You alright?”

 

She sighed as she sat back on the couch wrapped in his arms.

 

“Yeah, I’m just mad as shit. I wish I could have done more damage.”

 

Justin threw his head back and laughed.

 

“If you did anymore damage you’d be up on murder charges right now.”

 

She laughed along with him but their laughter soon died off as the mood got serious.

 

“I love you Jazzelle.”

 

She tensed, trying to figure out a way to respond withouth leaving herself volnurable. She looked into his eyes to see if he was still messing around but he was completely serious. She took a deep breath and stared at her hands.

 

“Did you hear me? I said I love you.”

 

“I heard you. I just… I don’t know what to say cause the last time I told someone how I felt about, they threw my heart in my face.”

 

Justin sighed and put a finger under her chin, lifting her eyes up.

 

“I’m not Darius Jazzelle.”

 

“I know that but the fear is still there you know. Subconscious bullshit I can't really control.” Jazzelle responded.

 

“How do you feel about me?” Justin asked cautiously. He was putting his heart on the line, he hoped she was willing to do the same thing. Being the only vulnerable one in the relationship was a bitch sometimes.

 

Jazzelle pondered his question before answering. She wanted to protect her heart but she also knew if she let fear and Darius dictate her love life, she would always lose.

 

“I’ve never been this happy in my life and you treat so well. I really don’t deserve half the stuff you do for me but you do them anyway. You haven’t once made me cry, disrespected me, or degraded me. I care about you Justin.”

 

Justin smiled tenderly as he kissed her cheek.

 

“Just care?”

 

Jazzelle sighed, finally ready to admit what she had been holding in for weeks.

 

“Fine. I’m in love with you.”

 

“Are you sure?”Justin asked, making certain she knew what she was saying so she couldn't take it back at a later date. Her love was all he wanted from her. The rest would fall into place.

 

To his surprise she pulled his face toward hers and gently kissed him. Nothing passionate, just a soft, wordless confirmation of her love.

 

“I’m positive.”

 

Justin couldn't help smiling as his heart warmed and the sense of completeness enveloped him. He squeezed her and kissed her forehead, a silent thank you for giving him an opening to her heart.

“I'll make you the happiest woman in the world. I promise you.”

 

 

 

The End

 

Music by: Chris Brown "Ya man ain't me"