Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


But I bet he didn't count on, no nigga like me comin' round
(Giving you things to think about cause I know what’s up)
Since he ain't tryna step it up, don't you think you should give him up?
(Cause he ain't worth your love)

“So why are you with him again?”

Jazzelle sighed as she pondered Justin’s question.

“Hell if I know. I want to break it off but he’s all I’ve ever known. I want a change but…”

“You’re too afraid.”

He said finishing her sentence. She could get used to this. She liked talking to Justin and having him tell her what she needed to hear instead of what she wanted to hear.

“Darius has a lot of influence around here; he could ruin me if I decide to leave him.”

“So he’s basically bullying you into being with him.”

Another sigh escaped her lips.

“I guess that’s another way of looking at it.”

Justin decided to drop the subject because she seemed to be getting upset, they could talk about it another time.

“When do I get to see your beautiful face again? We’ve been talking on the phone for so long and I’m starting to resent my phone now.”

She laughed and rolled her eyes even though he couldn’t see her.

“You? Resent your phone? Like that will ever happen. That things like a love child to you. I don’t know when you’ll get to see me. We should make this weekend a movie weekend. Darius is going to Chicago for some shit so I won’t even have to worry about making up a lie.”

“Alright well, I’ll let you get back to those poor little patients. I’m sure they need you more than I do. What time do you get off though?”

“Why?”

“Woman, just answer the question!”

She laughed at his fake exasperation.

“I get off at nine.”

“I’ll call you at 10pm cause that’s when I’ll be done with my bullshit. Have a great day Jazzelle.”

“You too Justin.”

Hanging up she thought about the way he had said her name. Ever since they met he had called her Jazzelle and nothing else. Darius on the other hand never called her by her full name, why? She didn’t know.

After speaking to him that night, they arranged for them to have dinner at his house Saturday night. The weekend came faster than she thought it would but she was excited about seeing Justin. She tried to convince herself that they were just two friends having dinner but she knew it was a lie.

She pulled into his drive way and stared at the oversized house for a few minutes. His house looked like a cape cod style home with several bedrooms. She wondered if he had roommates or family members living with him. Jazzelle walked up to the door, smoothing her sweaty hands on her blue sundress. She knocked three times and entered after hearing him yell “come in”. The house smelled heavenly and her stomach growled with anticipation. There was no way Justin could cook something that smelled so good.

“Hey there lovely. Make yourself comfortable the food's almost done.”

She smiled at the image his concentrated face was making but didn‘t comment. She walked further into the room and noticed the vanilla scented candles lighting up the room and the music in the background. His living room was amazing. He combined comfortable, loved pieces, making the room warm and inviting.

Jazzelle looked back at Justin and grinned when she saw him tasting the food. Darius had never done anything like this for her. She just figured it was because he wasn’t the romantic type but Justin was going all out and they weren’t even dating. She sat down at the candle lit table and waited patiently for him to finish.

“I see you’ve found the table. Does everything look ok?”

Justin asked, his voice trembling a little. Why in the hell was he so nervous? It wasn’t like he had never been around women before. She looked so beautiful though. Her blue sundress went well with her skin tone and dark brown eyes. Her hair was loose and slightly curled. Simply put, she looked good.

“Everything looks amazing. You shouldn’t have Justin.”

He shrugged and started to put their dinner on their plates.

“Being romantic isn‘t a chore. Obviously you’re not used to it and that’s a shame.”

He placed her plate in front of her and took his seat. He watched as she took a bite of the grilled chicken and rice. He smiled with satisfaction when she groaned in pleasure. That was all the thanks he needed. They ate in silence, only pausing to steal glances at each other. When it was time for desert, Justin got up, telling Jazzelle to close her eyes.

“Don’t move ok. I know you’re impatient but stay still.”

She smiled and nodded. She was bit surprised when she felt him apply a sticky sweet substance on her lips a few minutes later. She took in a quick breath when she felt his soft lips on hers. He drew her bottom lip into his mouth and licked at the desert, making her moan. He then worked on her upper lip before nudging her mouth open and letting her taste him and the desert. The combination of his mouth and the blueberry tasting desert made her heart race and her breathing go shallow. He pulled away moments later and looked into her dazed eyes.

“If you liked that, think about what I would have done if you didn’t have a boyfriend. Think about it Jazzelle. I can do that and so much more on a day to day basis.”

She didn’t respond, she couldn’t.