Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry 4 the typos.Embarassed


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Heaven Can Wait

Chapter 04 – Friend or Foe

 

“No!”  Johnny shouted into the receiver.  “That’s not in the contract…We’re not changing anything last minute…”

Justin peeked inside the office.  Johnny gave an exasperated look and gestured for him to enter.  Justin walked inside and sat in an empty chair directly in front of the desk his manager occupied.

“No!” Johnny argued.  “I’m his manager! You talk to me!”

Justin chuckled.  No wonder Johnny charged him so much.  He had to put up with endless bullshit and people with crappy attitudes all because everyone wanted a piece of the international sensation that was Justin Timberlake.

After about five more minute of more useless arguing Johnny slammed the phone down and let out a huff.  He intertwined his hands and looked at Justin like he was waiting on something. 

Justin returned his look.  He was only there because Johnny had requested his presents and the sooner Johnny told him what it is he wanted the sooner he could get home and get some much needed rest. Realizing that their staring competitions would go on all night Justin broke the silence.  “When ever you’re ready man.”

Johnny gave him a confused look and pointed to himself.  “Me?”  He said completely lost.  “You came in my office.  You wanna tell me what’s so important and why you’re here so damn late?  Justin we talked about this! For one, you look like shit right now!  I told you, you needed to get more rest!  Beyoncé collapsing last week is a good example of why you need to take better care of yourself…”

Justin sat and listened to him dumb founded.  He was the one who wanted to talk to him or so Trace said. 

Johnny continued.  “I don’t’ know why you didn’t take off the two weeks with Beyoncé.  You could’ve used the rest also!  I definitely wouldn’t have-“

Justin raised his hands to interrupt.  “Whoa… whoa!  Hold up.  Before you pop an aneurism!  Just so we’re clear.  I have been taking it easy.  Well… sorta!”  He shook his head realizing he was straying away from what he was there for.  “Anyway!  All this is beside the point. It’s you that wanted me here. So, how about you tell me what it is you need so I can be on my way and get that rest you just finished bitching me out about.”

Johnny furrowed his brows. “Wait… what!”

Justin rolled his eyes in aggravation.  “What do you want Johnny?”

“What do I want?”  Johnny asked pointing to himself.

Justin nodded his head.  “Yes!”

“You think I called you here?”  Johnny asked in disbelief.

“Didn’t you?”

“Why would I call you here at nearly one in the morning knowing you have an early morning photo shoot?  If I wanted you I would’ve called.  What gave you the idea I wanted to speak to you?”

Justin sat on the edge of his chair completely confused.  “You didn’t run into Trace?”

“Ah… No.”

“But…”

“If I wanted to speak to you I wouldn’t go through Trace.  I know he’s your partner but sometimes I wonder why. He’s your childhood friend…”

Johnny’s voice faded into the background as the wheels in Justin’s head started to turn.  Why had Trace said Johnny wanted to speak to him?  It didn’t make any since.

“Justin!” Johnny shouted.  “Justin!”

He jumped out of his thoughts.  “Yeah!”

“I said since you’re here we can go over some things that’s coming up.”

“Now” Justin whined.

“Well you were crazy enough to be here, might as well.”

Justin sat back and slouch in the chair with his right elbow on the arm rest and his head resting in his right hand.  “Fine.”  He mumbled.

“The producers of the American Music Awards want you to perform “Ain’t Nothing like the Real Thing” again.  Plus they want you to present an award for one of the categories.”

Justin chuckled.  “Why don’t you say what you mean?”  He told him in a sing-song voice.  “They want me to perform “Ain’t Nothing like the Real Thing” with Beyoncé again.”
 
“Well… Yes.”

“That’s what I thought.”

“Now that y’all are truly together they want an encore.”

“When is it?” Justin asked uninterested.

“Next Wednesday.”  Johnny replied.

“Why the short notice?”

“Shouldn’t it be obvious? You two have been officially together a little over a week.  They didn’t get much of a notice either.”  He joked.

“Ha, ha funny.  I have to talk to B about it first. If we do it, it’ll be her first public appearance since the BET Awards.  I gotta make sure she’s ready for that.”

“I figured if you said yes she would.”

“I want to talk to her first, before I agree.”

“That’s cool.  Let me know tomorrow.”

Justin’s mind started to float to Trace and Beyoncé.

Johnny snapped his fingers.  “Hey!  You still here with me man?”

Justin blinked twice.  “Yeah… yeah I’m here.  I just need to make a phone call.”  He pulled his sidekick out.  He got up to leave and stopped forgetting something.  “I’m gonna take your advice.  I want the rest of this week’s schedule cleared.”

Johnny looked surprised.  “You sure?” He asked a little uncertain.

“Yeah”

“You’re still doin’ the shoot with Ciara tomorrow right?”

“Yes, but after that I want everything cleared until Monday.”

“Sure thing.  I’ll get your assistant on it ASAP.”

“Good.  Thanks man.”  Justin hit one on his cell and excited the office.

~~~~~

Beyoncé trailed behind Trace. Her body language read defeated.  What started out as a great night looked like it was slowly turning in to bad soap opera.  She and Justin had a huge argument over marriage.  Then she learned he had been keeping tabs on her and that had pissed her off.  Now instead of staying and talking it out with him she was forced to catch a ride with his creepy best friend.  Forget soap, this was turning into a nightmare.  All she wanted to do was go home, get in a hot tub bath of Oil of Olay and try to forget this night ever happened.  The latter probably wouldn’t happen.  She would have to just settle for the hot tub bath.  Forgetting about the night was out of the question especially since it was far from over.  Justin would come home and their conversation would continue.  If the stars were on her side he would be in a much better mood when they did.

After double checking the area for paparazzi Beyoncé followed Trace to his Black SUV.  They had yet to say one word to each other and it was making her very uncomfortable.  He opened the passenger side for her.  She thanked him and stepped one foot up to get in but stopped when she heard someone calling her name.

“Beyoncé!”

Turning around she smiled at the young girl running their way.

Esmée approached Trace.  “You don’t mind of I ride with you, do you?”  She asked.  “I was going to take a limo over, but I ran in to Justin a second ago and he told me to catch a ride with B.”

Trace stared at her for a few seconds not saying a word.  This wasn’t what he had in mind.  He made a low grunting sound and said something under his breath before addressing her.  “I guess.  If Justin said for you to I guess its fine.”

Esmée smiled brightly. “Great!”  She said opening the back door and hopping in.  She patted Beyoncé’s shoulder from the back seat.  “I decided to stay with you a little earlier.  I hope that’s okay.”

Beyoncé grabbed her hand.  “Girl it’s cool.  You’re always welcome as long as I’m there.”

“Thank you!  That hotel room was driving me up the freakin’ wall.”

Trace walked around to the driver’s side clenching and unclenching his fists.  After getting in he slammed his side door and brought the car to life.  “Buckle up.” he said pulling out the parking space.

The car ride was painfully silent for a good five minutes; no talking, not music no nothing. 

Beyoncé shifted in her seat and crossed her legs; trying to think of something to say to him.  Small talk had never seemed so hard.  She couldn’t really say she knew Trace but after knowing of him for over a year she had no damn clue of what kind of person he truly was.  She only knew what people and Justin told her and that wasn’t very good on her part.  She knew he had been Justin’s best friend since preschool.  She should know something besides that little fact.  Every time he got around her he got so quiet.  She didn’t know whether he liked her or not; maybe that’s why he never spoke to her because he hated her.

Trace turned left on to Peachtree street and focused on the road in front of him trying not to staring at her and be so obvious.  She had Justin’s smell all over her; that alone didn’t help keep his mind on more appropriate thoughts.  Everything he had witnessed back in the boardroom was on repeat.  His body couldn’t help but react it.  He wondered what it felt like to have her mouth around his…

He cracked his window needing some fresh air. At least now he knew why his best friend was so “in love” the bitch was good in the sack. He looked at her and smiled sensually as his eyes ran over her curvaceous form.  Her body was begging for it.  “I wonder if Justin would share.”  He thought to himself.  “Shit we share everything else.”

Beyoncé felt eyes on her.  He was really creeping her out.  She looked head at the road and her eyes widened in horror. The car was veering to the right off the highway. “You might want to watch the road!”  She shrieked.    

She knocked Trace out of his trance.  He yanked the wheel left causing him to overcorrect the SUV and it to swerve. 

Both girls held on to what they could to keep from being thrown around in the large vehicle. Esmée reached for her seatbelt she had yet to buckle up. “You want me to drive?”  She said breathing hard, her nerves getting the best of her.

Trace’s grip on the steering wheel tightened.  “I… I’m sorry.”  He stuttered.

Beyoncé looked at him with annoyance still holding on to the dashboard.  “Where was your mind at?”  She grilled.  “You eyes weren’t even on the road!”  Her heart was pounding through her chest.  Them riding with him was obviously a mistake. She took a deep breath and relaxed in her seat.

“Look B… can I call you B?”  He asked.

“Everyone else does.”  She replied.

“B, I’m sorry.  I was just thinking that… that I don’t know a thing about you.  You’ve been with J for a year and known him a lot longer.  We’ve barely had a conversation in that time span.  It’s a little odd don’t you think?” He asked glancing at her for a split second. “We probably should work on that.”

Beyoncé gave him a slight smile.  She really did wish they had a better relationship.  “I would like to.”  She paused for a second.  “Not to be rude but you’ve always seemed kinda standoffish, especially the last few months.  You mind telling me why?” She asked truly interested in the reason.

“You really want to know?”  He asked completely intrigued.

“Yeah” She replied a little thrown off by how excited he was over a simple question.

“Straight up?”

“Yes, I want you to keep it 100.  I prefer it.  I’m a big girl.  I can handle it.”

Trace licked his lips and got comfortable.  He liked where this conversation was going.  “To be honest you and Justin have been a mystery to me.”

“A mystery?”  She asked a little confused.  “What do you mean a mystery?”

“I know why Justin is… well I think know why he’s irrevocably and unconditionally in love with you.  I guess what I want to know is why are you with him?  Justin has supposedly been in love with you for years but you never gave him the time of day…”

Beyoncé just listen as he basically told her that he thought her and Justin’s relationship was bogus on her part.  Where the fuck was he going with this?”
“…you have to see how this looks to me.  You were with… what’s his name for seven years.  I can’t help but notice how different he and Justin are.  I mean-“

She had to stop him there.  He was getting to damn personal.  “This conversation is over.  We should go back to not speaking.  I liked it better.”

“I’m just saying you have to see why I’m a little thrown off.”

“I don’t have to see shit!”  She snapped.

“You two have nothing in common Beyoncé.”

She leaned back making sure she wasn’t seeing and hearing things. “And you would know this because… you know me so well right?”

Esmée was praying the backseat would open up and swallow her.  She didn’t like where this was going.  If Trace knew any better he would shut the hell up.  “Open your mouth and insert foot.”  She said to herself.

Like all stupid men he kept right on. “…Jay-Z’s a hardcore rapper Beyoncé!  How does that compare?  Justin’s an R&B pop singer and he’s… he’s whi-“

“If you say he’s white I will fuckin’ pull this car over my damn self and walk the rest of the fuckin’ way!”  She shook her head completely pissed off.  “For you to even come at me like that is a shame.  I can’t believe you’re supposed to be his best friend!  The way he talks to me about you… I just can’t believe it!  You think you’re confused about why we’re together!  Can you imagine how hurt and confused Justin will be when he learns what a great big bastard you really are!  Everything you said has nothing to do with why… or how I fell in love with him! “

Calm down B.”  Esmée said place a hand on Beyoncé’s shoulder as a way of comfort.  “He’s clueless.”

“I’m about to give him a fuckin’ clue!”

“Maybe we should call a cab.”  Esmée suggested.

“There’s no need for that.”  Trace assured.  “We’re just talking here.”

“We aren’t doing anything! “ Beyoncé corrected.  “You’re talking to yourself right now and if you know what’s good for you, you’ll shut the fuck up the rest of the way!”  She threatened. 

She felt alone and uncomfortable. She hated that feeling.  She was about to tell Esmée she would call for them a cab when her cell phone went off.

Just let me set the mood right
Let me make you feel alright
Cause I'm gonna set the mood right
Then you'll say my name time tonight

She quickly flipped it open recognizing the ring tone.  “Hey!” She said excitedly relieved to hear his voice.

Justin smiled on the other end.  “What’s up babe?  Everything good?”

Beyoncé glanced at Trace.  “I’m just ready to be home that’s all.”  She lied.

“Tell Trace to wait for me at the crib.”

“I’m sure he has better things to do then sit and wait for you.”

“Please B… I need to talk to him about something it’s important.”

“Why didn’t you call his phone?”  She asked.  “You could’ve told him.”

“But I wanted to hear your voice.”  He said slyly.

Beyoncé smiled.  “Good answer.”

Justin pushed the phone closer to his mouth.  “Don’t go to sleep.”  He said suggestively.

“Are you trying to talk dirty to me Mr. Timberlake?”

Trace rolled his eyes hearing her end of the conversation.

Justin chuckled.  “Maybe… but on the real we still have some things to discuss.  I love you and I’ll see you in a bit.”

“I love you too.”  She said and then hung up

Trace bit the inside of his cheek to silence himself.  There had to be a way to get Justin to see what a mistake being with her was.

~~~~~

Beyoncé held the door open allowing Esmée and Trace to follow her in to the foyer.  “You can wait for Justin in the games room.”  She instructed Trace barely glancing in his direction.

He made a disgusted sound.  “So this is your house now.”  He said annoyed she actually lived with Justin.  “Don’t get comfortable.”

“Fuck you! Be lucky I didn’t make you wait outside in the rain.”  She said as she climbed the stairs not looking back.

Esmée looked at him and shook her head.  “You’re a fucking asshole!”  She said following after Beyoncé.  She ran a little to catch up.  “Hey!”  She shouted catching up to her out side her bedroom.  

Beyoncé held her hand up.  “I know what you’re tryna do and it shouldn’t be you apologizing.  You didn’t do anything.”  She said pulling her hair to one side as she got louder.  “I shouldn’t have let him get to me like that!  My blood pressure’s high and he’s sitting down there like its all sunshine and flowers!”

B. Scott came out of one of the guest bedrooms hearing the commotion.  “Y’all are disturbing my beauty sleep!”  He informed them.  “What’s the 411 ladies?”

Esmée looked between the two of them.  “I’m gonna head to bed.  We’ll talk in the morning BK… take care of her Scotty.  Good night.”  She said giving both of them a quick hug and disappearing inside her room down the hall.

B.  Scott focused on Beyoncé.  “Girl you should be on a natural high after getting your back blown out by that gorgeous man, not lookin’ so tore down.”  He held his arms open for her.  “Come to mama.”

Beyoncé welcomed the embraced letting all her emotions go in the safety of his arms.  “Today was a fuckin’ train wreck!”  She sobbed in the crook of his neck.

B. Scott rubbed her back soothingly.  “Shhhh… it’s okay.”  He pulled back to look at her.  “Come on.”  He opened her door.  “Go get in the show and tell Scotty all about it.”

Beyoncé wiped her face and quickly threw her hair up in a messy bun. She undressed quickly, cut the shower on and stepped in.  The steam filled the bathroom.

B. Scott sat on the toilet waiting for her to spill.  “Start from the beginning girl.”

Beyoncé lathered up.  “Well… after you and Ciara left you know what popped off.”  She said peeking out of the shower.  “Everything was good!  God it was good!”  She said moaning slightly before continuing her task.

“McCreamy laid them pips down!”  B. Scott cheered.

“McCreamy?”  Beyoncé questioned.

B. Scott waved it off. “Yeah girl, it’s just something me and one of my girlfriends came up.  Speaking of which… you might want to watch Ms. Cici. She wants ya man.”

Beyoncé pulled the curtain back.  “Funny you should say that.  She was part of the conversation me and Justin had.”

“Really?” He asked wanting her to say it so she wouldn’t have to.  “What he say?”

She put the curtain back so she could rinse off and lather up again.  “Yep, I told him I could tell she had a crush on him. Shit! It was obvious but I wasn’t stressing over it.  What’s a harmless crush right?”

B.  Scott took a deep breath and was about to say something but Beyoncé beat him to it.

“Then he informed me that they had been on a few dates which changed everything.  It couldn’t be a little crush if they actually went out.  The chicks probably secretly in love with him!  Hell for all I know Ciara means stalker in another language.”

He giggled.  “I’m glad he told you.  I thought I was gonna have to be the one.”

“How you know they dated?”

“You know Alex?”

“Yeah”

“Well that’s Ciara’s stylist.  He couldn’t wait to call me and give me the dish… but anyway I’m not seeing where the evening went to shit.”

“Well… Justin got on the marriage thing again which turned in to a huge fight.”

“Girl friend!  What have you slipped in that boy’s food?  You got him trippin’ all over his fine self.”

“Shut up!” Beyoncé said laughing.  “Well during our little disagreement he claimed that I’m still in love with Shawn and that he knew I was still in contact with him.”

His mouth dropped open.

Beyoncé stuck her head out.  “Yeah, exactly.”

“I told you to tell him… you know how jealous he gets.”

“That’s the very reason I didn’t tell him.”  She said cutting the shower off and stepping out to wrap her naked body in her white cloth robe.  “But looking back I should’ve.”

~~~~~

Justin entered his LA home a little past three.  Knowing the noise he heard was Trace down in the games room he tossed his keys on the counter and headed in that direction. 

He entered the large space.  Trace was playing a game on the Wii.  He was tired so he figured he would jump right on it.  “What happened Trace?”  He asked evenly.  “Johnny hadn’t seen or heard from you all fuckin’ night… or all day for that matter.  What the hell man?  I’m tired as fuck and you had me running around the studio like I didn’t have shit else to do!”

Trace paused the game.  “What?  He didn’t?”  He asked trying to play it off.

Justin rubbed his face.  He knew what ever was about to go down was going to piss him off.  He sat down on the couch across from Trace.  “No Trace he didn’t! It’s to damn late… or early for this shit!  What kind of fuckin’ game are you playin’ man?”

“Super Mario.”  Trace replied jokingly.

Justin was too tired for this.  “Get the fuck out!”

Trace turned the game off.  “Seriously… I probably got confused.  It was probably Timbaland.  They both look the same-“

Justin jumped in.  “They both look the same!  Are you fuckin’ kidding me right now!  Why are you lying?  I talked to Tim before I lift!  I didn’t know my best friend was a fuckin’ liar!”

Trace swallowed hard.  “Look-“

“I’m not stupid Trae!  Why did you go through all that to be a lone with BK!  Out with it!  I’m not in the mood to deal with your bullshit!

Trace looked away.  There was no way out of this.  The conversation was bound to happen sooner or later.  “I wanted to figure out why she was with you.  I knew I wouldn’t get any straight answers with you around so I lied.”

Justin was taken aback.  “You wanted to do what?”  He asked incredulously.

“Come on Justin!  You can’t be serious about being with that girl!”

“And why can’t I?” He furrowed his brows.  “What the fuck you mean that girl?”

“You left Jessica.”  He scrunched up his nose.  “Then got with her!”

“I think you should get to the point!”

“I told the world about you and Beyoncé at the BET Awards thinking you were just having fun with her and that if everybody knew you’d move the fuck on… look my point is, be friends with them!  Write music for them!  Design cloths for them… act like your down for your “image” or whatever!  Even fuck them on occasion but that’s where it ends!  This thing that’s going on between the two of you shouldn’t have gone past a good fuck-“

Before He could finish his sentence Justin’s fist had connected with his jaw and he went down crashing in to the glass coffee table.  Glass shattered everyone.  “You must be on some bad shit!”  Justin said pointing down at him.  “If you just said what the fuck I think you said!  Who the fuck are you!”

Trace wiped blood from his mouth as he stumbled trying to get up. “I’m the only one honest enough to tell you the truth.  She doesn’t love you Justin!  You’re just a stepping stone in her career!  Why do you think she won’t marry you?” 

Justin punched him again.  This time hitting his nose and bloodying it up.  “She doesn’t need me for her career you dumb fuck!  She has just as much as I have!”  He said trying to catch his breath.  “My mother always told me you can’t trust anyone in this business.  I never thought that shit would apply to you.  I included you in everything because I didn’t want to leave you behind.”  He said in a quiet voice.  “We were blood man… not anymore… not anymore.  Everything I’ve given you has turned you into a horrible person.  The kid I grew up with is dead.  I killed him… that’s something I’ll have to learn to live with!”  He grabbed Trace by the collar and pulled him to the basement door.  “Now get the fuck outta my house!” He said shoving him and releasing him towards the exit.

Trace stumbled trying to keep his balance. “Don’t let that bitch-“

Justin held up one finger to silence him.  “Don’t make me fuck you up in my own got damn house!”  He said about to blank on this fool.  “Get the fuck out!”

Trace smoothed out the wrinkles in his shirt before walking up the stairs to the main floor. 

Justin followed after him.  “These are the terms; so listen closely.  Only speak to me if it deals with William Rast. We are no longer friends!  What I do in my private and personal life isn’t your concern!  Leave me and mine alone!  That means keep your distance from BK! Do you understand?”

“I’m sor-“

“Do you understand?”

“Just wai-“

“Answer the quest Trace!”  He demanded.

“Yes”

Justin opened the front door for him. 

Trace walked through it and turned around.  “Maybe you’ll forgive me someday.  We’ve been friends to long.”

Justin shook his head.  “Nope… I’m not done yet.  If you fuck up on your part and don’t meet the terms I won’t hesitate to fire you.”  He said a lot calmer then he expected.  “Have a good life.” He reached for the door.

Trace kept it open with his hands.  “You can’t fire me from William Rast we’re partners.”

Justin broke out into a hysterical laughter.

Trace looked at him not getting it.  “What?”

“You… you man!”  He said between laughs.  “You’re right we are partners, but only in name.  On paper you work for me! You’ve just been puck’d fool!  I own everything!”

Trace was in shock as he closed the door in his face.

~~~~~

 

“No day, but today!”

Beyoncé lowered the sound on the TV.  “I love “RENT.”  We really should see it when the Broadway play comes here.”  She said to B. Scott as she got in bed next to him.

“Chica please… I’ve watch this damn DVD so much I know every word.  I don’t’ need to go see it.  You can perform that shit right here!”

Beyoncé shoved him playfully.  “Shit!  I love it.  You’re probably the only one that would go with me.  I know I couldn’t get Justin to go.”

B. Scott gave her a look.  “Good luck with that.”

“Whatever you’re going.”

He rolled his eyes.  “Oh!”  He shouted real loud after a thought popped into his head.  “I forgot to tell you ol’ girl called you while you were at the studio.  She said call her back.”

“It might help if you tell me who Scotty!”

“That no singin’ heifer that I can’t stand!  She better be glad I was nice enough to deliver the message!”

Beyoncé giggled.  “Are you talkin’ about Michelle?”  She asked.

B. Scott clapped.  “When I said no singin’ you knew who I was referring to didn’t you?”

Her smiled brighten as she shook her head no.  “You are so bad!  I knew when you said you couldn’t stand her.  I know you dislike her.”

“You damn right I dislike her!  The bitch is fake!”

Beyoncé rolled off the bed in to a ball on to the floor she was laughing so hard.

Justin stood outside his bedroom hearing the chatter and giggling coming from the other side.  He opened the doubled doors.  A smile spread across his face.  Beyoncé was on the floor dressed in one of his white dress shirts and a pair of white boy shorts.  She was on the floor in a ball laughing at some smart remark B.  Scott had said.

Beyoncé tried to stop giggling.  “You’re too much!”  She said looking at B. Scott.  Her laughter trailed off when she noticed he was staring at something.  She followed his gaze to the door and her eyes landed on Justin who wore a grin of his own.  “Hey papi!”  She said pushing her self off the floor.  “I thought you were gonna end up sleeping at the studio.”

Justin pulled her to him by her waist.  “Well I had to discuss some things with Trace.”  He felt her body stiffen at the mention of his ex best friend and it peeked his curiosity.  He was about to ask her what happened with him but B. Scott spoke first.

“Alright love muffins!”  He said hopping of the bed. “I need to get my beauty sleep.  Try not to stay up to late children.”  He said leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

After the door shut Beyoncé motion for Justin to come sit with her on the bed.  “Before we talk about anything.”  She started.  “I want to apologize first.  You were right I should’ve told you about Shawn calling me.”

Justin shook his head.  “None of that matters now.  I shouldn’t have come at you like that.  I know you wouldn’t betray me and step out.  I know you would never do that.  You were with him for a long time.  Y’all didn’t end on bad terms.  Why wouldn’t you still keep in touch?  I need to learn to control my temper and my jealous tendencies.”

Beyoncé smiled at him.  “You’re right about controlling all that but like I said I should’ve told you.  He’s been calling me because one of his close friends just past away.  I was just being there for him as a friend but I still should’ve told you first. It wont’ happen again.”

He pulled her into his lap and placed a kiss on her collar bone.  “Now that, that’s out the way.”  He said with a sigh.  “I’ll try not to pressure you about marriage.  But notice I said try.”

Beyoncé giggled and snaked her arms around his neck.  “I appreciate that.  I have a few question about that but I’m not gonna get in to it because it’s almost four and you look like shit!”

Justin chuckled.  “Thanks for your honesty.”

“Hey, if I’m not honest with you who will be?”

“That’s true… don’t worry about those questions.  There will be plenty of time to talk.  After my photo shoot tomorrow I’m off for the rest of the week.”

Her eyes brightened with surprise.  “Really?  How did you manage that?”  She questioned.

“I told them I was taking it off and I am… plus I wanted to take you to my home town.  Mom is dieing to see you and she’s been stressin’ about not being able to be here when my birthday comes around.  She wants to have a cook out with the family this weekend.  That way you can meet everybody.”

“That sounds overwhelming.  You have a huge family Justin.”

“Scared?”

“No just overwhelmed but excited at the same time.  I’ve met your grandmother and mother but that’s it.  This should be interesting.”

“They’re going to love you; almost as much as I do.”

“We’ll see.”

He kissed her lips and sat her back on the bed.  “Promise not to leave me for one of my younger brothers.”  He joked.

“I make no promises.”

Justin gave her another quick kiss before standing up.  “I’m gonna jump in the shower.  I’ll leave the door open if you wanna join me.”  He said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Beyoncé watched him disappear into the bathroom.  Wow!  She was going to meet the entire family at once; it was bound to be all kinds of stressful.  “God give me strength to get through the week.”  She said following him in to the bathroom.

…to be continued.

A/N:  You know what I like people.  Comments!