Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Heaven Can Wait

Chapter 05 – Visions of Sunsets

The emergency room doors were forced open.  Two EMT men pushed a gurney carrying a man. 

“We need help over here!”  One shouted.  “He’s hypothermic and going into shock!  Bring me some warmed blankets stat!  If we don’t warm him up we’ll lose him!”  The EMT further assessed his patient.  “He’s got a bad bump on his head… that’s probably the reason for his confusion!”

Justin laid there teeth chattering trying to remember how he had gotten there.  Everything was a blur.  There was snow and a bridge!  He could remember that much but he knew deep down he was forgetting something of extreme value to him.   “Sooooo… sooooo cold!”  He managed through chattering teeth.

“Here this should help.”  The EMT said wrapping his body up in a warm blanket.  “This should get some color back in those blue cheeks of yours.”

Justin looked up to thank the stranger and was some how drawn to his eyes.  It was very stranger for him to gaze in to a man’s eyes but he found himself unable to pull away.  Something about this mans brown eyes reminded him of home; of the thing of great importance that he couldn’t remember.  An eerie feeling came over him; like someone had just walked over his grave.  He needed to remember.  What happened out on that bridge? He had too. He focused in on the man.  What was it about his eyes?  The color was familiar.  They were brown.  Brown… brown?  There had been a bad snow storm. He had to drive over the bridge during the storm.  There was black ice?  Yes… black ice.  Did something bad happen out there?  He couldn’t remember but for some crazy reason he felt like he hadn’t been alone.  Someone was there with him… someone very important.  Brown?  Brown eyes?

He took in a sharp in take of air as he shot straight up in the gurney pulling off all blankets.  “Where is she!”  He yelled causing silence to fall on the entire emergency room.  “Oh! My God!  The car!”  He shouted remembering what had happened.  His face distorted as tears stained his pale cheeks.  “I have to go back!  She’s still there!”  He tried crawling over the rails of the stretcher.

The brown eyed EMT held him down.  “Sir you need to relax!”  He said trying to calm his patient.

Justin struggled against him but in his weakened condition lost. “I left her there!  I left her there!”

“Left who?”  He asked incredulously.  “We found your car… in the river.  It was a miracle we found you and pulled you out.  Nobody else was there.”  He said softening his eyes.  “I’m sorry.”

Justin pulled the man closer to him by the collar.  “No! You don’t understand! You have to look!  She’s still there!”

“Sir nobody could survive this long in that freezing cold water!  I’m sorry!”

“No!”  He shouted jerking the man.  “She wouldn’t’ leave me!”

The EMT looked around for help.  “I’m going to need some assistance with this one!  He’s talking out of his mind.  Give me something to make him sleep!”

“No!  All you people are fuckin’ crazy!  I don’t want to sleep!  I want to look for her!”

“Hurry up back there and bring me something strong!”

“She promised me!”  Justin said loud enough so someone, anyone would hear him and get him away from all these insane people. “She promised!”  He wasn’t ready to let go.  He would never let go.  “She’s waiting for me!”

Two nurses ran to the EMT’s ad.  One carried a large syringe.  She held it up and pushed some of the fluid out making sure she was giving him the correct dosage.  “Okay Mr. Timberlake it’ll all be over very soon.”  She said turning to her nursing ad.  “Hold him down!”  She instructed.   

Justin’s body was forced down to the gurney.  He shook his head from side to side. “No! Let me go!”  He demanded.  “She would never leave me! Let me gooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Beyoncé!  Beyoncéeeeeeeeee!”

~~~~~

"Justin!  Justin!”

His body jerked and his eyes shot open.  Feeling a hand rank through his short curls he looked up.  His eye drowned into an intoxicating pool of chocolate.  He was resting his head in Beyoncé’s lap on their way to the airport. Closing his eyes he inhaled her scent.  It was all a dream; nothing more than a nightmare.  She was safe and they were on their way to visit his family.  He looked back up into her eyes.  He knew she was waiting from him to tell her what had caused so much dramatics.

Beyoncé looked down at him with a questioning in her eyes.  “JT… you wanna tell me why you were shaking in your sleep?” She asked truly concerned.  “And whimpering like a bitch.”  She said laughing a little.  “I had to wake you before you burst in to tears!”

Justin’s mouth dropped open for a split second.  “You... you’re laughing at me?”  He asked in disbelief.  “I’m telling mama Knowles!”  He said sitting up.  “And you know she always has my back.”

She arched a brow.  “Are you threatening me… because you know your mother always has my back?”  She challenged.

He moved in closer to her.  “Now who’s threatening who?”

Beyoncé mimicked his actions making them an inch away from one another. “I believe it was you that threatened me first Mr. man.”

Justin looked down at her lips.  “Eh, I never claimed to be perfect.  I’m only human but work with the kid.”  He said biting his bottom lip and leaning in to steal a kiss. 

Beyoncé snaked her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her body as her lips caressed his. Knowing that they had almost reached their destination and wouldn’t have much time she gave him one last peck but kept her arms around his neck.  “Alright Mr. McCreamy enough of that,” she ordered. 

Justin ignored her and nuzzled her neck. “Hmmm… but you taste so good… sweet.”

“Okay… tell me what’s on the agenda for Memphis?”  She asked while pushing him a way.

He stuck his bottom lip out. “You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me Bk?”  He asked completely disappointed.

She shook her head no and moved over to the far side of the limo.  “Come on out with it… I’m sure it’s only gonna take a second anyway.  But that’s all I need to get your mind out of the gutter.”

Justin gave her a look.  “What do you mean it’s only gonna take a second?”  He asked a little offended.  “This is Memphis Tennessee we’re talkin’ about.”

“That’s my point exactly.”  She said with a roll of her eyes.  “Besides meeting your big but lovely family… what the hell else is there to do?”

Justin crossed his arms.  “Okay I’m gonna do you a favor and let that remark slide since you’ve never had the pleasure of accompanying me home before.”  He said patting his chest.  “My turf is the shit thank you very much.  The question isn’t what is there to do; it’s what isn’t there to do?  Number one,” he said while counting on his fingers, “there’s Grace Lan-“

“Graceland?” She asked blinking eyes.

“Yes Graceland.”  He said with a huff.  “Number two there’s golf-“

“You know I hate golf Justin.”

“You’re right I do, but I also know you said you would give it a try because you know it’s my thing… Number three there’s our National Zoo.”

Beyoncé furrowed her brows.  “The Zoo?”  She asked thinking it was a joke.  “There’s a Zoo there and you’ve actually gone?”

“Why you ask it like that?”

“Because you don’t seem like the zoo going type Justin… but then again you play golf so.”

Justin smirked.  “Ha, ha, ha,” He said sarcastically.

She continued with a huge grin.  “My mother always told me not to judge so I promise to not hold it against you… and I’ve never been to a zoo before anyway so-.”  She said nonchalantly.

He looked at her like she had two heads.  “I can’t promise I won’t hold that against you.” He said with a shake of his head.

She giggled. “Why are you looking at me like something’s wrong with me?”  She questioned.

“Because there has to be something wrong with you if you’ve never been to a zoo-” He looked at her realizing her body was pressed up against the far side of the limo. “Why are you all the way over there like I’ve got kuddies or some shit?

She laughed.  “Because you do.”  She simply replied.

“You do to then.”  He said reaching over and pulling her into his lap.  “If-“ His attention was pulled toward the front of the limo when he felt they had stopped; but that wasn’t the only reason.  Standing on the sidewalk leading to their entrance of the airport were about a dozen photographers.  “Fuck!  How do they always know?”

Beyoncé followed his gaze.  This was the very thing they were hoping to avoid.  “Calm down.”  She said already noticing him turning red with anger.  “They’re just doing they’re job.  Maybe it won’t be that bad.”  She didn’t know why she was lying to herself; of course it was going to be that bad.  This would be the first time anybody had seen her out since learning of their relationship.

Justin rubbed his forehead.  “I wanted this to be as stress free for you as possible babe.” He said with disappointment.

She pulled his hand away from his face.  “Justin its fine… I’ll be fine.  It was bound to happen sometime.  Although I was hoping for much later,” she said with a giggle, “but this is what we have to deal with being who we are and doing what we do.  It comes with the job.  Now take a few minutes and stop trippin’ off them.  I know how you get sometimes and we don’t want you charged with assault.”  She kissed his cheek and slide off his lap to retrieve her cell from her purse to make a quick call to her mother letting her know they had gotten to the airport.  She made it a point not to mention the paparazzi.

Justin took her advice and tried to cool down.  She was right, this was their life and would be for a very, very long time.  He just didn’t want her to have to go through everything Jessica did when they first started dating and he knew in the pit of his stomach that it was going to be much worse for her. 

Their bodyguards who had followed behind them quickly got out of the black SUV they were in and started backing the cameramen from the limo to give them enough space to exit safely. Their driver got out and walked over to let them out.  “Don’t worry about your bags.  I’ll have them boarded for you… I know you need to get inside.”  He said gesturing to the crowd of people that was forming.  Not only was it the paps but all the commotion and flashing lights had drawn strangers that where there for their own flight and they had started snapping pictures and asking for autographs before the celebrity couple had even stepped out of the limo.

“Now is not the time for autographs.”  One of the guards told them.  “Sorry they have a flight to catch. Please back up and give them enough room to exit the vehicle.  That would be greatly appreciated.”  The fans and paparazzi surprisingly did what they were told.

Justin stepped out first turned and grabbed for Beyoncé’s hand.  As she emerged from the limo the short lived reprieve was over and the media swarmed in.

“Beyoncé!” They shouted “Justin!”

The guards did the best they could to keep them at a distance.  “Please stay back!”

Justin pulled Beyoncé into him and tried to shield her from the flashes the best he could.

“Beyoncé are you well!”

“Are you pregnant?  Is that the reason you were ill?”

They fired question after question.

“Justin are you getting married?

“There are reports of you still keeping in contact with Jessica Biel?  Are you dating both celebrities Mr. Timberlake?”

Justin pulled Beyoncé inside the building and was about to relaxing knowing they couldn’t follow but they just kept coming and coming.

“You aren’t loud inside the airport!”  One of the guards told them already knowing they knew this.  “You’ll be arrested!”

They didn’t care; one night in jail didn’t compare to how much money they would make off the new “it couple,” they were the new king and queen of Hollywood now.

“Beyoncé please tell us!  We know Justin is in love; are you?”

The couple pressed on through the crowd trying to find their checking point.

Airport security had already been called and were now fighting long side the bodyguards to keep the increasingly growing mob at bay.

Justin tightens his grip around Beyoncé.  “We’re almost there.”  He whispered in her ear.

She responded with a small smile letting him know she was okay.  She was more worried about him.

“When did this happen Justin?  You were very happy with Ms. Biel last year!”

“Are you a home wrecker Ms. Knowles?”

Beyoncé tighten her arm around his waist feeling his body tense up with each vile question they shot at her. He was about to explode.  “Its fine Justin they just want a reaction. Don’t give them one.”  She pleaded.

“Justin gave his interview with Ellen!  We want one!”

“Was everything staged at the BET awards?”
 
“Beyoncé what happened between you and Jay-Z?”

“Is it true that domestic violence was your reason for wanting out of that relationship?”

Okay now they were pissing her off.  It was one thing to shoot daggers her way but to make false accusations against some one about domestic violence was just wrong.  “I don’t know where that rumor started but Shawn has never laid a hand on me or anybody else for that matter and for you to even question me about it shows how ignorant the media is!  Just leave us alone and let us live our lives please!”

“Justin an inside source from the video shoot for “Love Sex Magic,” said there’s a possible spark with songstress Ciara… are there any truths to these speculations?”

“Beyoncé how do you feel about another woman moving in on your territory?”  A reporter questioned as she shoved a microphone in Beyoncé’s face.  “Not only are there reports of Ciara getting frustrated when asked how she feels about singing a song with Justin that he so obviously wrote with and about you; but there are sources that say Justin and Ciara have dated in the past.  How do you feel about that with them having to work so closely together?”

“You need to back the fuck off!”  Justin snapped as he pushed the reporters hand out of Beyoncé’s face. “Go ahead and asked your bullshit questions but you will respect her personal space!”  He pulled Beyoncé to the check in desk.  “Please tell me our flight is ready to board?”  He begged the lady as he handed over their tickets.

“It’ is sir.”  She said with a smile after checking them in.  “Your private plane is ready when you are.”

Justin interlaced Beyoncé’s hand with his and pulled her down the terminal in the direction of their plane.

The swarms of paparazzi follow.  “Are you flying to Vegas to get married like Britney?

“Are you two going to make a movie together?”

“Justin will you go with Beyoncé when she’s well enough to tour again?”

“Beyoncé does Justin have anger issues?”

“Justin you’re very close to Chris Brown and Rihanna.  What do you think of there situation?”

“Is this a huge publicity stunt?”

"Justin how does it feel to finally be with your long time crush?”

“Is it true Cameron is stalking you?”

“Are you fleeing the country?”

“Does your mother approve of the way things ended with Jessica?”

“Beyoncé are you afraid that being with Justin will destroy your good girl image?”

“Is it true that Michelle has accused you of being the reason her solo carrier is going now where?”

“Justin 65 percent of your music is purchased by the African American community… does being with Beyoncé make you more appealing to your African American fans?”

“Are you using her Mr. Timberlake?”

“Will you play in the PGA tournament long side Tiger Wood…?”

~~~~~


The couple landed in Memphis Tennessee around one in the afternoon.  The ride to his mother’s house only took 10 minutes.

Tiny, Justin’s bodyguard looked in the back seat at the sleeping couple.  He was very happy that his boss finally hooked up with Beyoncé.  It had been along time coming and he could see that the young man was truly happy.  “Hey Big, watch this.”  He said to the other guard.  “Eh!”  He shouted causing the couple to wake with a surprised look on their faces.  The guards burst out laughing.  “Wake yo light bright ass up JT!  Ms.  Lynn just peek her head out the window and will be out here faster then Michael Jackson bleached himself white!”  He said ending with a chuckle.

Justin wanted to kill him.  “Damn man!  I was sleeping good!”

Beyoncé sat up in Justin’s arms.  “Alright now children let’s play like grown ups.”

Tiny nodded his head agreeing with her.  “I tried to tell this fool.”  He told her.  “Let’s go on in and have a nice southern cooked meal now.”

“Eh, your not havin’ none of my mom’s cookin’.”  Justin said getting out the car.  “Not after that rude awakening.”  He turned around to help Beyoncé out.

Tiny kissed his teeth.  “You hear this dude?”  He asked Big.  “Me and Ms. Lynn are tight.  I wish you would try and tell her you ain’t feeding me.”

Justin chuckled.  “That’s my mom man! Get your own.”

Tiny got out to help Justin with their bags.  “I hate to have to be the one to tell you this,” he said with a serious face, “but you’ve been replaced.

“Hey my boys!”  She chimed in.  “Come give mama a hug.”

Justin gave his mother a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m glad my baby’s home!”  She said using her country twang.  She pulled back and held her arms open for Tiny.  “That means you too!  Come here my big baby.”

Tiny bear hugged her.

Lynn shrieked when he had her legs dangling.  “Put me down boy or I’m gonna have to find somebody else to eat that peach cobbler I made for you!”

He quickly lowered her so her feet were touching the ground.

Beyoncé stood beside Justin and elbowed him in the side.  “Looks like you have been replaced.”  She said playfully.

Justin stuck his bottom lip out.  “She’s still my mom Tiny!”  He said with a smile.

“Now where’s my girl?”  Lynn asked after Tiny released her.  “Stop hiding behind my son and come give me a hug.” 

Beyoncé walked around Justin and ran to Lynn for a hug.  “It’s been to long!”  She said wrapping her arms around the older woman.

“And whose fault is that?”  Lynn asked as she pulled back to get a look at her.  “You’re still as beautiful as ever!  Didn’t I tell you to come visit me Justin or no Justin!  Even when he was dating that God awful Cameron I prayed he wouldn’t give up on you because you were the one hunny!”

“Mama!”

“Well she was hunny!”  She said turning to her son.  “The girl had no home trainin’!  I don’t know what you were smoking when you decided to get with her!”  She grabbed for Beyoncé’s hand to pull her towards the house.  “I’m so happy you’re here!  I know you and Justin have plans for today but tomorrow you’re all mine.”  She said looking at Justin.  “He promised.”

Beyoncé looked confused.  “We do?” She asked.

“Big!” Lynn yelled toward the car, “You and Tiny come on in and get a home cooked meal!  BK, I’ll see you and Justin a little later on.”  She said kissing her cheek and walking inside leaving a very confused Beyoncé behind.

“What is she talking about Justin?”  She asked turning around.

“I’m taking you out?”

“Out?”  She asked with a raised brow.

“Well not really out.”  He confessed.  “Well kinda-“

“How about you tell me where?”

“And ruin the surprise? No way!”

“Justin!”  She said in a warning tone.

“I’m not telling you… trust me you need this.”

“What about Tiny and Big?  We can’t go with out them.”

“Yes we can.”  He assured.  “I’ve done it plenty of times.  We’ll be incognito.  Go on up stairs and change into a sweat suit; make sure its one with a hood.  Trust me the less glam the least likely you’ll be noticed.  Then we’ll hop in my escalade.  It’s a 20 minute ride; so we’ll be there in no time BK.”  He pulled her inside.  “And no huge shades that a dead give away, got it?”  He said tugging her up stairs.

~~~~~

30 minutes later they were parked out side the Memphis Zoo and National Park.  “The zoo Justin?”  She asked trying to fight back her laughter.

“I know you’re not over there laughing Ms. Knowles? You who’ve never been to a zoo!  I should be the one laughing.  It might be funny now but you’ll be thanking me by the end of the day.  Wait here.” He instructed.  “I’ll be right back.”  He put his baseball cap on his head.

“You truly believe they won’t know it’s you?” She asked.

“Trust me.  I’ve done this before.  It’s so many people here today we’ll blend in as long as we don’t do anything that draws attention to us.  Today we’re just regular people.”  He said opening the door.  “Now stay put.  I’m gonna go get our tickets so you don’t have to stand in line.

15 minutes later they were entering the gates unnoticed.  Justin was right.  Everything was going smoothly.  So far they had walked inside hand in hand like any other couple on a date and hadn’t drawn any attention.  They stopped at some picnic tables. 

Justin pulled out a map of the park and laid it on the table.  “Let’s… see what we want to do first.”  He said scanning the map.

Beyoncé snuck a peek over his shoulder. “Oh! Oh!”  She said snatching the map away.  “Look... they let you feed the giraffes!  They’re so cute… in pictures anyway.  We can do that first!”

Justin turned around and gave her a look.  “Are you serous?”  He asked her truly believing she was fucking with him.  “Out of all the animals we could see and things we could do… the first thing you wanna do is feed some giraffes!  Whoa!”  He snatched the map back before she realized what he was doing.

She narrowed her eyes at him.  “And what’s wrong with wanting to feed the giraffes JT?”  She questioned, snatching the map back.

He tried to steal it back but unlike the other times she was prepared and hide it behind her back.  “Because that’s on some sissy shit; that’s why!”  He said trying to reach behind her and reclaim his position as the man running the show.

“JT Please,” she said switching arms.  “Come on… if we do this one thing first we’ll do whatever you want the entire time.  This is your field trip anyway.”  She stuck her bottom lip out which was always his undoing.

He looked at her puppy face and smiled.  “Fine,” he said with a huff.  “That means anything and everything I want.”  He said suggestively.

“That’s anything we can do in public JT.”  She told him.  “I know how your mind works, so get it out of the gutter my boy.”

“You can’t knock a man for trying… although I wish you would.”  He said with a glint in his eyes. 

She rolled her eyes at him but couldn’t hide the grin on her face.  “Could you imagine what the front page of your hometown news paper would say?”

He interlaced their hands.  “Justin bangs Beyoncé on picnic table! Come read all about it!”  He said with a chuckled.  “Come on lets see these damn giraffes man.” He pulled her down the path that would lead to the feeding area.

They walked hand in hand even greeting people on their way.  “I love this.”  She said in Justin’s ear.  “The weather’s nice, it’s a beautiful day and nobody recognizes us.  This was a great idea.  I’m impressed JT.  If you think about it this is our first real date.”

He smiled truly proud of himself.  “I know it’s a great idea because I came up with it.”

“Don’t ruin it.”  Beyoncé said through her teeth.  They walked up to the long line for food.  She was just looking around the crowd and her eyes landed on the scenery.  There were two big giraffes and one baby one.  The only thing separating her from them was a large wooden gate.  “Awww… Justin look!”  She said pointing.  “They’re so cute.”

Justin smiled at how excited she was over some giraffes.  He liked seeing a smile on her face.  To him she had the most beautiful smile he had ever seen.  “Go on over there.  I’ll stay in line.”

“You sure?”  She asked not wanting to leave him. 

“Go on girl. I’ll watch you from here.”

Beyoncé walked over to the giraffes where there was a crowd of children feeding them.  She watched them but was sure to keep her distance.  She had her hood on but wanted to make sure she wasn’t found out.  One of the little boys from the group turned around and started watching her.  The little boy was about five or six.  The young boy pulled away from his group and walked toward her.  She started thinking of ways to handle the situation if the boy recognized her. 

He smiled up at her and raised his hand full of food. “You want to feed the giraffes?”  He asked

She smiled down at him.  “I would love too.”

The boy pulled Beyoncé to the gate and showed her what to do.

Justin watched.  He knew she was enjoying her time with the kids; especially since they didn’t recognize her and weren’t star struck.  After paying for the food he walked over to her as she was saying good bye to her new friends.  “I can’t leave you alone for a minute. “  He said with a smirk and handed her the food.

She held her hand up with a little food at the mother giraffe and watched her eat it from her palm.  “Look papi, they drool just like you.”  She said giggling at his shocked face.

“You’ve never complained about how juicy my mouth was BK.” He said sticking his bottom lip out.

“Aw… don’t pout babe.  I love your juicy… juicy lips.”  She said between kisses.  They quickly finished feed them. 

“Now it’s my turn.”  He said doing a little dance.

“But I want to get a picture with the giraffes so I can send it to my mama and sister.  They’re gonna be so jealous.” 

Justin turned and scanned the crowd.

“What are you doing?”  She asked him.

“I’m looking for somebody to take the picture of us.”  He said like it was obvious. 

“Justin I was meaning for you to take a picture of me with the giraffes.”

“How fair is that?”

“But what if-“

“Trust me.”  He simply said as he walked up to an older couple.  They looked to be in their sixties.  “Excuse me… would you mind taking a picture of me and my girlfriend?”  He asked the lady.

The old lady smiled brightly at him.  “Sure young man.”

“Thank you very much.” He said handing her the digital camera.  “You need me to show you how to work it?”

She shook her head no.  “I have one just like it.”

Justin went, stood beside her and wrapped his arms around her middle and pulled her close.  “Pull your hood down.”  He whispered in her ear.

“Are you sure?”  She asked.

“Trust me.” He mumbled.

She rolled her eyes at his statement but did as she was told.

The old lady smiled.  “You two are such a cute couple.”  She said focusing the camera.

“Thank you!” They said in unison. 

“Say cheese!”

“Cheese!”

A flash went off. “Alright, I’ve got it.”  The lady said handing the camera back Justin.

“Thanks again.”  He said receiving it back.  He looked at Beyoncé.  “See.” He said with a satisfied smirk on his face. “Tru-“

“Trust me.”  She finished for him.

“Now relax… nobody’s gonna know it’s us.”  He said taking her hand.  “Let’s go.  Don’t forget to put her hood back on.”

For the next three hours they covered every inch of the park like they were regular everyday people and they were.  Justin took her to see the bears, lions, tigers, cheetahs, alligators and crocodiles.  He some how even got her to pet a snake.  It took fifteen minutes to convince her but she did it.  After she pestered him he allowed her to drag him to see the monkeys, elephants, panda bears, goats, lambs and any other farm animals they had.  She even managed to get him to the aquarium.  She knew he had a good time even if he wouldn’t admit it. 

Beyoncé laid her head on his shoulder.  “My feet hurt.”  She whined.

Justin raised his arm to look at his watch.  “We have an hour left.”  He in formed her.  “So What do you want to do?”

“Well,” she said with a grin.  “I always wanted to try a funnel cake.

“You’ve never had a funnel cake?”  He asked in disbelief. 

She shook her head.  “Nope.”

“Let ya boy school you then.”  They walked for a few minutes trying to find the funnel shop.  “You go sit over there and I’ll stand in line.”  He told her.

Beyoncé saw a crowd of people sitting down at what looked to be an outside theatre.  “I’m gonna sit over there and see what’s goin’ on.”  She said pointed in the direction.  She walked through a walk way to the area where the theatre was and made sure to sit in the back where it was empty.  A few minutes later Justin joined her and handed her the funnel cake.  “Mmmm… this is so good.”  She said as she continued to stuff her face.

Justin smiled proud at himself yet again.

After finishing half her cake she looked up and noticed a banner across the stage for the first time.  Her mouth dropped open.  “Justin… look!”  She said pointed to the banner.

A grin spread across his face.  “Well what do you know?”  He said.  “This should be interesting.”

A middle aged woman stepped on the stage with a microphone.  “Alright ladies and gentlemen,” she said into the mic, “Welcome to the “Single Ladies,” competition.  We have three contestants today.  Each young lady will come up one at a time and do their best rendition of Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies Dance!”  The crowd went wild. “Are you ready!”

“Yes!” The crowded cheered.

“I said are you ready!”

“Yes!”

Beyoncé and Justin sat in the back truly excited about the performances.  They never got to see things like this.

The first girl walked up on stage.  She looked to be about ten or twelve.  The music started.

All the single ladies, all the single ladies

All of a sudden the girl got sassy up on stage as she hit every mark.

Justin leaned over to Beyoncé.  “You better watch out.” He whispered.  “She’s the next Sasha Fierce.”

She chuckled.  “Looks like it.”  She said enjoying the show.

After she was done the next contest came up and was just as good if not better.  Then another little girl came up.  She was about five and had a black leotard on.

“This should be cute.”  Beyoncé told Justin. “She dressed the part.”

The music started again.

All the single ladies, all the single ladies

The little girl shook her hips and did her best to keep up with the music.  The audience was in aw of how cute she was and so was Beyoncé.  “Look at her Justin!”  She said with a huge grin on her face.

As soon as the last contestant was done the host returned to the stage clapping her hands for all the contestants.  “You all did wonderful… our second place winner will receive two tickets to Beyoncé’s concert and our first place winner will receive two tickets and an autographed CD by Beyoncé herself.  Alright, bring all the contestant out.

All three girls walked out holding hands.

“First place winner is…. Contestant number two!” The crowd clapped and cheered as the girl receiver her autographed CD and tickets.

“Did you really sign those?”  Justin asked Beyoncé.

She shrugged.  “I don’t know I sign so many CD’s”

“Second place goes too… contestant number one!”  The crowd cheered for her as she received her tickets.

“That means contest three was third… but don’t’ you worry we won’t send you home empty handed.  You’ll be getting an autographed CD!”

The five year old tip toed up to the lady and thanked her for the CD.  She went up to the other two girls and congratulated them. 

Beyoncé’s eyes followed the five year old as she ran off stage in to the crowd trying to find her mother and the entire time trying not to cry.  Oddly the girl’s mom was seated right in front of Beyoncé. 

The little girl threw her arms around her mother’s neck.  “You did good baby.”  Her mother assured her.  “You did and I’m so proud of you.” She said rubbing her back.

The girl cried.  “But I didn’t win mommy!”  The girl sniffled. “I wanted to see Be… Beyoncé!”

“I’m sorry baby… If I could I’d get you the tickets you know that.”

Beyoncé watched them as her eyes teared up.  She didn’t have any tickets on hand but she did have something better.

Justin watched Beyoncé stand up and immediately knew what she was about to do.  “Don’t do it BK.”  He warned.

“But she’s crying Justin.”  She said walking away from him towards the girl.  When she reached the young child and her mother she knelt down and tapped the girl on her back.  The mother looked at Beyoncé as her daughter turned around.  “I think you were the best up there.” Beyoncé said as she removed her hood.

The little girl’s mouth dropped opened.

Her mother’s eyes got as big as saucers. “Oh my God!”  She shrieked

Beyoncé put her finger over her mouth.  “Shhh…  please.”  She said placing her hands together begging the lady to keep it down.

The woman covered her mouth.  “Sorry” 

“It’s fine.”  She assured as she looked back at the girl.  “I wish I hand some tickets to give you but I kinda came unprepared.”

The girl snapped out of her daze and hugged Beyoncé neck.  “This is better then sittin’ in an audience and watching you on stage.”  The girl whispered in her ear.  “You’re my idol… this is the best day of my life!”

Beyoncé wiped a tear away as she pulled back.  Even though the little girl was about five and hadn’t had many days, for her to say that meant a lot.  The girl might have been over whelmed but she was even more so hearing how she felt about her.

“Can my mommy take a picture of use?”  The little girl asked.

“Sure.”

“Mommy take our picture.”  She whispered.

After they posed her mother quickly took the picture.  “Thank you so much for doing this for my baby.”

Beyoncé bent down and hugged the little girl again.  “No thanks necessary.”

“Beyoncé!”  Some stranger yelled from the crowd.  “Beyoncé’s here!”

“Damn!”  She thought to herself as she released the girl.  “Sorry I gotta run!”

Justin ran and grabbed her hand as the crowds started pouring in.  “We gotta get outta here!  This might get bad.”

“Ahhhhhhhhh!  Justin fucking Timberlake’s here with her!” The same girl yelled.  “Oh! My! God! Ahhhhhhhhhh!” She screamed pointing.

The mob got bigger and bigger as they were followed out the nearest exit.

~~~~~

Justin walked her up to his front steps.  “This is the part where I drop you off and you say good night in hopes that I’ll give you a good night kiss.”

Beyoncé stepped up to him.  “Well, good night then.”  She said in a low husky voice and coming closer so their faces were only an inch apart.

He felt her breath on his lips as he stared into her eyes. “I love you.”  He murmured going in for the kiss.  Right before their lips touched he heard someone clear their throat.

“Don’t mind me kids.”

Justin spun around and there his mother was sitting under the swing on the porch. “Aw! Ma!” He shouted.  “We’re in the middle of something here!”  He gestured between Beyoncé and himself.

Beyoncé laughed at his disappointed face.  “It’s fine J.”

“Why don’t you go on in and let us ladies have some time to ourselves.”  His mother told him.

Justin could take a hint.  “Fine mama,” he said with a huff.  “I’m gonna go up stairs and take a shower.  After I’m done I’m coming back and stealing my woman…  Just so you know.”  He gave Beyoncé a quick kiss on the cheek and walk on in to the house.

Lynn patted the space beside her. “Come sit baby doll.”

Beyoncé sat beside her and laid her head on her shoulder.  She focused in on the sunset.

“How was your date?”  Lynn asked.

“It was great.”  Beyoncé said with a smile.  “I had a really good time… better then I thought possible at a zoo.” She confessed.

“Good, I’m glad.  Justin was excited about taking you.  When he told me he had never taken you out and that your first date was gonna be a freakin’ zoo, I thought he was crazy.  I told him you better take her out to a nice restaurant and wine and dine her before you take her to a freakin’ zoo!  The poor girl will never talk to you again, but he told me no ma, she’ll love it.  Trust me.  Less is more with Bk.  I guess he was right.”

Beyoncé giggled.  “That sounds like him.”  She said remembering how many times she had heard him say “trust me” that day.

“Thank you.”

She sat up to look at the older woman.  “What are you thanking me for?”  She asked.

“Well… because I’ve never seen my son this happy and it’s all because of you.  I can see he really loves you and the fact that you love him just as much means a lot.  I don’t think he’s had that before.  Most of the woman he was with always wanted something from him. I can see why he loves you so much.  You’re not like the others.”

She smiled.  “Can I tell you something?”

“Anything hunny.”

“Thing’s have been great between your son and I but something happened after my BET awards fiasco.   He’s been a little… on edge.”

Lynn furrowed her brows.  “What do you mean?” She asked.

“He keeps talking like something's gonna happen.  Like he’s scared to be happy because I’ll up leaveing... or something will happen to me.  I don’t know if he’s told you but he’s asked me to marry him numerous times.”

“Wow!  My son doesn’t waist anytime does he?”

“No, none!  He asked me the other day and I told him we needed time to get use to being together out in the open.  He flipped out and basically told me I didn’t love him and that I was still in love with my ex.”

“Are you?”  Lynn asked.  It was a simple question really.  “He told me y’all were together a long time.  A love like that is hard to get over.”

Beyoncé held the other woman’s hand and looked into her eyes.  “No… I’m not still in love with him.  I care a great deal about him but it’s not love.  For Justin to ask me that really hurt because I’ve never loved anyone like I love him and I thought he could see that, if not feel it.  After that incident I started thinking that may be me loving him won’t be enough in the end.  Do you know what I mean?”

“I do.”  Lynn said patting her hand.  “I’m gonna tell you something that’s very personal to Justin and I’m gonna tell you because it could really help your relationship if you understand him a little more.”  Beyoncé nodded before she continued.  “This entire mess started back with Britney.  I loved her I did but I knew how toxic she was.  She was just so selfish.  I warned Justin, but he was so in love he didn’t want to hear it.  Through out their relationship Justin did most of the giving and she did all the takin’.  She cheated on him with one of his close friends and Justin learned about it through that friend.  When he confronted her about it she didn’t deny it and basically blamed it all on him.  To this day he’s never gotten one “I’m sorry” from her.  He had never had his heart broken before so it hit him pretty hard.  That one relationship caused him to trust very little people.  I think deep down he promised himself he would never love anyone the way he loved that girl… and he hasn’t until you.  Even psycho Cameron he loved from a distance.  When that fell apart he jumped into a relationship with Jessica… and to be honest I think she was really the only one in that relationship.  She was a good girl but my son was like a ghost, he was just there. The day you agreed to give him a try he called me up all excited and it was then that I knew you would be the one.  He hadn’t sounded so alive in years and it was all because you decided to give him a chance.”

“Do you think I could be enough for him, forever?”  Beyoncé asked wiping a tear away.

“Yes baby… you’re more then enough; it’s just hard for him because he came into this relationship with a heart that’s been broken for years and he’s lovin’ you the best he can with that broken heart.  He’s just scared that this amazing love he has with you will be taken way and he won’t get his forever.  I do think you're mending that broken heart of his though.  It’s just gonna take some time hunny.”

“What can I do?”

“What you’re doing now.”  She simply said.  “That’s all you can do.  Keep telling him you love him how ever many times its take’s for him to believe it.  For some reason it’s hard for him to believe that you could love him.”  She said with a chuckle.  “You see that sunset."  She said pointing to the the sky.  "It’s beautiful isn’t it?  Most people go through life taking sunsets for granted.  They forgetting each day ends and were not promised a new one, but some how each morning there it is.  A new day is a miracle in it self.  That’s the way you love him and you’ll be just fine.” She said pulling her into a hug.  “He’ll come around baby… he will.”  She kissed her cheek.  “I’m gonna go on in and finish cutting up the vegetables.”  She said getting up.  “Justin’s step father should be home soon. I know he’s really excited to meet you.”

Beyoncé smiled as Lynn walked into the house.  She sat in silence a few minutes just watching the sky and letting her mind wonder.

Justin peeked his head out the door.  “You ready to come in?”  He asked.  “It’s getting cold.”

She shook her head.  “No… come sit and watch the sunset with me.”  She said holding her arm out to him. 

He took her hand and sat beside her.

Beyoncé snuggled into his embrace.  “It’s beautiful isn’t?” She asked in a quite voice.

“Very beautiful.” He said kissing the top of her head.

“I love you.” She told him looking up into his blue eyes.

He smiled down at her.  “I know.” He whispered.

…to be continued.


A/N: Give me some feedback people. Sorry for the length. I kinda got carried away.