Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am so sorry the update is late. Also I would like to say THANK YOU for you awesome reviews. They really made me smile. Man I was beating myself up over this chapter, y'all just have no idea. The only reason I say that is because it just seems so grim, even though I know it will get better. Its just getting thier is what sucks right now.  Oh well as always please review and tell me what you think. Thanks again for your time.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The warmth of Tyler’s hand seemed to travel up her arm, until it filled her whole being. Maybe this is what it was like to be content, to not want or need anything else but this moment.  Carla smiled to herself, letting the swirling feelings of happiness consume her mind. “Do you know what I miss the most about Earth?” Tyler paused, waiting for a response.  Carla turned to give him a curious look, shaking her head at his question.  “I miss doritos.  I am serious, god I could almost give my right arm for a dorito most days,” he joked trying to make light of the grim situation that they were in.  Carla bellowed out small laughs as she brought her hands up to try and quiet her hysterical chuckles.  Tyler’s eyes brightened at her giggles, his own laugh escaping to join hers. Soon the two had quieted down from the laughs that they had filled them with joy.  Carla looked to her kindred spirit and fellow man in awe.  This was a surreal moment for her, after only having overbearing, egotistical psycho aliens for company.  She was happy, but at the same time her curiosity kept nagging at the back of her mind.  She wanted to ask him some questions.  Since he had been captured early on, maybe he could enlighten her as to the customs and mannerisms of this strange world.  

 

“Tyler.  If you don’t mind me asking, what can you tell me about this place?” she pleaded softly.  Hating the fact that she had taken a wonderful moment and taken it to a darker place at the drop of a hat.  He turned away, his smile replaced with a deep frown before he started to speak.

 

“I am sorry, but in all honesty I can’t give you too much information.  When I was brought here I was so scared I almost pissed myself,” Tyler laughed softly at the memory.  “To start off with, the aliens with the long pointed ears are called Junirki.  The other ones that look fairly similar to us are called Satos.  I mean they look normal except for the fact that they are really pretty and have strange colored hair and eyes.  Oh and those strange vampire like teeth,” Tyler shivered at that last statement, taking a moment to pull himself together.  The action surprised  Carla, but she didnt want to pry, so she waited until Tyler pulled himself from out of his memories and continued to speak in a low tone.  “There wasn’t any processing procedures or housing facilities for humans yet.  Many of us that were captured were either killed or beaten into  submission.  Males and females were kept in separate prisons.  In all honesty I just wanted to die, I was so angry and scared.  I can really only tell you about my experiences, except for the beatings for not being ‘obedient’, I dont really have any real information.” the human male snorted in irritation at the many lashings he had been giving in the past.  “What I will say for sure is that there is some tense air around here.  Lately my master has been really agitated and further more....” before Tyler could finish his sentence a figure came and stood before the two humans, a distinctive clearing of the throat bringing them out of their own little world and back into the reality of the situation.  Carla looked up, her mahogany eyes meeting narrowed golden ones.  A distinctive chill ran down her spine, but before she could fully panic and go throwing herself on the ground for mercy she noticed that said eyes were not looking in her direction but seemed to be focused on a person that sat right next to her.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that isn’t my ever so delightful soon to be husband, she thought.  The small breath that she had been holding coming out of her in one long huff. Coming to the realization that she wasn’t in too much imminent danger, the human woman relaxed.  Letting her mind finally focus on who actually stood before her.  His face was square with a soft creamy complexion. Slanted golden eyes narrowed dangerously into daggers, as they seemed to try and pierce Tyler with their very glare. Carla ignored the threatening look at the moment and continued to give the alien a once over.  If she or Tyler died at least she would know who to look for when she came back to extract her revenge by haunting him.  The alien stood about six feet even and had bright blond hair cut into what Carla could only describe as a neat bed head.  The front was cut short while the back was longer falling down his neck.  A plain grey tunic with a blood red sash tied loosely around the waist, and black pants tucked into light brown boots.  Carla was about to open her mouth to speak, but the Junirki’s baritone voice boomed out in an angry growl.

 

“Tyler...come.” the Junirki barked out the order, casting a heated glance at Carla.  He turned to glare at Tyler, almost daring him to defy his order.  Tyler looked from the Junirki to Carla, muttering a hasty goodbye.  Before he stood and followed the overbearing Junirki back into the chaotic sea of shoppers.  Carla was left alone, her eyes focused on where Tyler had sat next to her a moment before.  Bending her head down as she try to suppress the sadness that was starting to well up inside her heart.  Shaking her head, she brought her hands up to give herself a light slap to snap her out of bitter thoughts.  Carla knew that many would run and try to get away.  She knew that some wouldn’t even bother to run and just give in.  It would have been easier if she had just did what she was told and didn't run, but now she was contemplating  whether to go find them or not.  The truth was she knew what to expect with them and a part of her felt safe, at least with Aza.  Besides there was no way for her to find her way around or even survive on a planet she hadn’t really seen or been on for such a short amount of time.  She would surely die in no time flat.  As much as she despised it and even loathed the idea, her best chance of survival at the moment was with the two princes.  She must be screwed in the head, a part of her snapped. What did she want now? In all honesty she wanted to wake up and all this to be some twisted dream, but even she wasn’t crazy enough to come up with something like this. The truth was reality was so much more screwed up than any of her nightmares.  An she was cursing the gods who bestowed this hellish life upon her.  Standing up on her feet, her fists clenched tightly.  Right there and then she had decided that she wouldn’t let the gods screw her over completely.  She may not be happy at the moment, but she would take whatever life would throw at her and throw it back into its face.  Taking slow steps away from the bench she had sat in happiness only moments before, her face set into one of determination.  She was going to change and come out for the better.  With each step she took she heard her parents words ring out in her ears.  ‘Baby girl don’t always focus on the bad, try to find the good because at least you have something to smile about.  Carla darling, life is a trickster.  Sometimes it wants to show you something amazing, other times it simply likes to screw with you. So the only thing you can do is ask yourself...what are you going to do with it?’ the answer was clear she would beat life at its own game.

 

Vita was livid, his mind barely focusing on the world around him.  How dare she run from me he thought, feeling the darkness and rage building in his mind.  Even though thoughts of torturing her for leaving him kept repeating in his mind, another part was deeply scared and worried.  Then as if the universe had heard his prayers, there she stood by the entrance door with her hands behind her back as if she were waiting for him.  Quickening his steps until he stood before her, the human female turned her gaze up to his, her eyes wide with uncertainty.  He could hear her panicked thoughts of him killing her and burying her body in some deep remote place.  “Um...would it help if I say I am sorry?” she joked lightly, her tone laced with fear. Vita didn’t know how to respond or what to say, so he simply stared before turning to look to the two attendants who stood off to the side near them.  White hot anger started to race through his body, as his head started to pound.

 

“We are leaving,” he growled, his mind trying to control the deep rage he felt coursing through him.  Grabbing Carla’s hand the Junirki pulled her out the marketplace door and toward the street.  “Go get the carriage,” he ordered in an eerily calm voice.  The two attendants raced off down the street toward where the carriage was being kept.  The wait did nothing but help fuel his ever growing anger.  Dark malicious thoughts kept whispering about retribution for her leaving him.  His head was starting to pound, as if claws were digging into his brain.  Grunting in pain he gripped the human woman’s hand tighter, causing a distant whimper to pierce his chaotic thoughts.  “You will say nothing and get into the carriage,” the Junirki prince said in a monotone voice as the carriage pulled up to where the couple stood.  The two alien attendants coming up swiftly behind it on their own horses.  “Seaya you will ride with us, Kavitak will lead your horse,” the prince bellowed without even bothering to give the Sato a second glance.  A soft  yes sire was all that could be heard, as the Sato got off his horse and opened the carriage door for the couple to get in.  The cyan haired Sato shutting the door as he climbed in as well.  Vita looked to the human female that sat across from him, her wide eyes making him smirk.  His head beginning to pulse in a steady rhythm.  The once whispering malice filled thoughts had grown into venomous screams that plunged his mind into darkness.  The Junirki stuck his hand out the window and gave the signal for the driver to begin the journey.


    They had barely left the outskirts of the capital when Vita barked out the order for them to stop.  Carla looked at the prince curiously, a sickening feeling starting to creep up her spine. Chancing a glance to look at the prince’s face she saw that his gold eyes were as hard as steel. Something was off she thought, her eyes continuing to stare at the dark blue haired Junirki that sat before her.  “We will be stopping here for a moment and have a little discussion,” Vita said in a sickeningly sweet voice, causing Carla to be on high alert.  Seaya got out of the carriage without muttering a word, and helped Carla to stand on the ground below.  She turned to see Kavita approaching on his horse, with Seaya’s in tow.  “Kavitak, You will go on ahead.  Attend to your normal duties until I call for you,” the prince said, his tone filled with menace.  Carla looked to the blond Junirki whose face was filled with a mixture of uncertainty and fear.  Another moment passed before Kavitak turned and clicked his tongue for the horse to continue down the dirt road.  The human girl stared for another moment before she turned her head to look at Vita with suspicion.  He was talking to the driver, who was looking with fear at the furious prince. Something was wrong, she kept saying in her head.  The feeling of unease growing ever stronger inside of her.   Vita turned to give a smirk in Carla and Seaya’s direction, his strides reminding Carla of a predator about to strike unsuspecting prey.  The dark blue haired Junirki didn’t say anything to either one of them, instead turning and heading toward a small patch of tall weeds.  The human woman didn’t know if she should follow him or not, but the choice was taken away from her when she felt a vice like grip on her wrist.  She looked over toward Seaya who just shrugged his shoulders and dragged her behind him.  The walk towards the weeds only took a couple minutes but to Carla if felt like an eternity.  She watched curiously as Vita came to a swift stop.  “Listen closely and very carefully my dear.”  Vita began to speak, his voice causing goose pimples to appear on her skin.  “I am only going to say this once.  So make sure you learn this lesson well.  Now Seaya,” the Junirki prince said in a dark voice.  Walking over to Seaya who had let her hand go and stood perfectly still.  Carla looked from the Sato to the Junirki in fear.  The prince’s face was off somehow, as if his whole being had changed from that morning.  Then it hit her, she had seen that twisted look in his eyes and heard that low dark tone before in her nightmares.  Without warning Vita’s hands shot up and grabbed the Sato by the throat.  The poor Sato brought his hands up to try and get the prince to let him go.  “If I recall correctly you simply left my mate unattended.  Just what the hell were you thinking!?!” Vita yelled, throwing the Sato to the ground.  Seaya coughed roughly, trying to force much needed air into his lungs as he climbed back to his feet.  Carla watched in horror as Vita punched the cyan haired Sato, causing him to stumble and fall onto his back.  A swift kick was delivered to Seaya’s side, whimpers of pain tore from his throat.  The dark haired Junirki brought his foot down on to the Sato’s hand slowly starting to crush the fingers underneath. The princes laugh sending shivers down the human woman’s spine.  The laugh was low and devoid of any warmth.  “I must say I feel somewhat empty inside now.  You deserve punishment but, it seems I feel nothing from this encounter.”  The Junirki sighed his voice taking on an almost bored tone, as he continued to beat Seaya mercilessly.

“STOP IT! Its my fault!” the ebony woman screamed in horror.  Vita turned and stalked over to the shaking human that stood with a mixture of fear and determination.

 

“So you want to play hero?” Vita chuckled, finding her reaction to the situation rather delicious.  Vita watched in fascination as she took a step back, only to shake her head and regain the step she had lost.  “I see. You're just like him aren’t you? You don’t like me....hmmm and after all the trouble I went through.”  Vita growled, bringing his hand up quickly to wrap around her throat.  He squeezed it lightly cutting off her air supply.  Carla’s hand quickly came up to grasp at his wrist, her nails digging so deep into his arm that blood trickled down onto the grass.  

 

“P-p-please” she gasped her words coming out in struggled pants.  Gold eyes stared into the wide brown ones, that held nothing but fear.  Her head was starting to get fuzzy and her chest were beginning to burn.  Another moment passed before the prince let his grip on her throat go.  Carla took big gulps of air, forcing much needed oxygen into her lungs in sporadic coughs. When her breathing became even and she looked up to the dark haired Junirki whose face seemed to have taken on a whole new light.  His pupils were wide and looking down at her in what Carla hoped was regret.

 

“We are going home now,” the Junirki prince commanded, his tone neutral. The human woman stood on shaky legs, and quietly followed.  A limping Seaya staggering behind her.  All that kept repeating in her head was, what had happened?

 

The ride back to the Castle was a tense one, with no one saying anything to one another. When they arrived Carla was quickly escorted to her room.  Her body shaking at the memory as Kavitak was called to help Seaya to his room.  When they had passed each other neither one looked directly at one another, but out of the corner of her eye she could see cold eyes  narrowed at her back.  She let out a groan as two new attendants came and helped her change out of her clothes.  After she was left in only a black bra and matching boy shorts, the two Sato attendants left.  She could tell that it was still light outside, though she didn’t bother to look out the closed window and see what time it was.  Carla looked down to a clean nightshirt they left, and opted not to wear it.  Instead she quietly climbed into the giant bed and pulled the covers over her.

 

Vita gripped his head in pain, his mind lost in a dark abyss of anguish. ‘My mate needs to learn to behave, I Have to teach her just like our other mate.’ Vita shook his head screaming out into air.  “What is wrong with me?” he growled.  A chill running through his body at the thought that he might have been altered as well.  Pushing the thought down he pulled out another suppressant and quickly swallowed it.  Going over to his desk, he sat down in the chair.  He laid his head down on the desk and decided that he was just working too hard on rebuilding the empire. After all he couldn’t have been affected, could he?

 

Carla didn’t know how long she had slept, but when she awoke she could tell that the lights were off except for a dim lamp that was on the nightstand. Her vision was blurry and hazy.  Carla scrunched up her nose in confusion, she didn’t remember taking off her glasses.  “Hey idiot you shouldn’t fall asleep with your damn glasses on,” a familiar voice barked in irritation. The human tried to focus on the figure that stood next to her bed, but her vision became even more blurry as tears started to well up in her eyes.  Pulling back the covers the human didn’t respond to the Sato’s remark.  Reaching out her hand until she found his hand pulling lightly, then more forcible until Aza came tumbling into the bed.  Finally able to find her voice, saying the same words of comfort that her parents used to always say to her when she came back to the house. Though the words were more for her sake than anyone else. “W-w-welcome home,” she hiccuped sadly.  Her body scooting closer to Aza.  


“Jeez you're such an annoying female.” Aza grumbled but made no attempt to move. Moving slightly so that he could place her beloved stuffed lion in to her hands. Grabbing the covers to cover them both back up.  Aza’s hands slowly reached up to pull her against his chest.  Her quiet sobs turning into loud cries.  She knew that he had fallen willingly into the bed with her and was greatly appreciative for what she considered a kind act on his part.  She needed some sort of comfort right now.  An maybe even though she couldn’t see his face to confirm, but from the way he held Carla tightly just maybe he needed someone to comfort him as well.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.