Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you enjoy this chapter.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


She was sixteen when Arman found her. She was doing tarot card readings on the corner of 8th and Amsterdam for extra cash. She hadn’t been in the city that long but she had made her way around just like any native. She learned to move quickly and talk quicker. It was key if she wanted to survive out here.

She spent most of her time pretending that she didn’t notice all the extra limbs a many of the people around her sported. It was quickly becoming second nature to just ignore the altogether unnaturalness that surrounded her. In those days she desperately wished she had been this nonchalant back when it had actually mattered.

Before the fire had consumed her life in its blistering heat.

When Arman found her she was cracking jokes and giving a false reading to some yuppie and his boyfriend. They enjoyed it and she tried her hardest not to feel bad at what fate really had in store for him. She’d learned early on if she wanted to make enough to eat she’d either have to get creative when certain cards popped up or she’d have to learn how to switch things out without any noticing.

He had watched the whole interaction so intensely that she’d almost fumbled a few times. Of course, she’d caught herself and kept that god-awful smile up the whole time. The yuppie had tipped her extra before heading off to his certain doom. She didn’t bat a lash when the eyes in the back of his boyfriend’s head winked at her. She pretended to be oblivious as usual and called for her next customer. She’d seen first had what happened when you acknowledged the stranglings and she didn’t want any part of that again.

“I’d like a reading,” a thick voice called. That was the first time she’d met Arman. She gave him a reading and he paid her the regular fee before stalking off. She’d shrugged him off as just another grumpy customer and continued on with her day.

He’d come back two weeks later with a broken arm. He asked her again for a reading and she gave him another one with pretty much the same results. It continued on like that for another two or so months.

She initially thought he was just some creepy stalker dude she she’d moved her operation down a block. She didn’t see him again for a while after that.

When he came the next time he’d saved her life and made her an offer she just couldn’t refuse.


Khadijah quickly skidded to a halt front of the conference room. She smoothed down her blouse and fluff her hair before opening the door and plastering a large smile on her face. Seven heads turned to look at her as she made her way from the door to her usual seat next to other head seat at the end of the table. Mrs. Wong, the head of her division stopped her talk to send her a silent glare. If there was one this the old bat hated more than late people that it was having to repeat herself. Khadijah had, of course, hit the jackpot.

"Nice of you to join us, Khadijah. And what kept you so long this morning?" the older woman asked, her dark eyes narrowed.

"I was busy fucking my man's brains out. So what's the meeting about?" Khadijah retorted hotly. The room was full of gasps and wide eyes. Good now they knew exactly who they were dealing with.

"Lucky him, huh?" a strong voice stated after a moment of silence. Khadijah grinned when she caught the eye of a tall Asian man, sitting two seats a way from her. He wore a emerald green button up shirt, black pants, and a black bowtie. His lips were pouty and pink, they looked almost as succulent as Chauncey's. But what really set him apart was his long straight hair, held back in a high ponytail that stopped just past his shoulders.

"You have no idea," she teased. Mrs. Wong cleared her throat and began talking about their new team and regulation and all the other shit Khadijah already knew. Once that part was over they were made to stand and introduce themselves again, for Khadijah's benefit.

"I am Francine Baker. I am the new assistant to Mrs. Wong. I'm here to relay messages to and from Mrs. Wong and to make sure everything here in Chamber 6 runs smoothly. You can reach me at anytime. If you have any special request please come and talk to me in my office," the shortest woman said. She had long wavy brown hair, clipped back with a cute studded headband. She was what Chauncey would call 'extra extra petite'. She had delicate shoulders, slim arms, a flat chest, what Khadijah assumed was also a flat back, narrow hips and short thin legs all tapering down to tiny feet. All in all she looked like a toddler dressed in grown up clothes. She had a pretty face though; round rosy cheeks, a small mouth,  a little button nose, and brown eyes all wrapped in an olive complextion.

The next to speak was the gorgeous Asian man from earlier. "I am Lorenzo Wong. I am the new tech guy, I guess you could say. I'm in charge of research, keeping the files in order, and maintaining surveillance. If there's any help you need, I'm always available. Always," he said, looking pointedly at Khadijah, before taking his seat again.

"I am Arhman Khan. I am a senior watcher here in Chamber 6. I am here to train one of your newbies and show you the ropes,"Arhman stated sternly. He was a short man who had begun to bald in his later years. He wore a blue and green track suit, neon green blue and black sneakers ecasing his large feet. He was at least a head or so shorter than Lorenzo which put him almost at eye level with Khadijah. He had been with Chamber 6 since it first opened it's doors in the early sixties. He'd also been Khadijah's old partner when she had first arrived at C6.

"I'm Vincente Castalino. I'm one of the new recruits and Mr. Khan's new partner. I hope to learn a lot and make some close bonds in my career here at Chamber 6." Vincente stood next to Arhman. He had creamy mocha skin, a large nose, lips that were a bit on the thinner side, and dark brown eyes. He had pretty round cheeks set into a long face. He had his black hair shaved close to his scalp in a dark ceasar cut. He wore a very smart olive green suit, a crisp white shirt underneath and brown loafers completed his outfit.

Once he was seated all eyes turned to the rather tall woman sitting off Kadijah's left. She looked up quickly and heaved a large sigh before standing to her full height. She was a giant.

"My name is Cobalt Vega. I um... I am very grateful at this position here at Chamber 6. I hope to learn a lot and help people," the tall one said. She had greenish blue hair that stuck up haphazardly around her head. She was at least a head taller than the asian fellow. She wore a pretty purple sundress under a black blazer, a few sparkly imbeleshments a long the lapel. Of all the new individuals around her something the new girl was the one who most intruiged her. She could just feel something a bit... sinister right underneath the surface. Something she wanted to explore. Though if she was honest she wasn't the only one she wanted to explore.

That Lorenzo was very... tempting and if she didn't already have a man she'd have been all over him like white on rice.

"Khadijah would you like to introduce yourself?" Commander Wong asked with a stiff sneer etched across her face. That look told Khadijah that she had no real choice in the matter.

"Sure this, boss lady. I'm Khadijah Jordan and I've been with C6 for about six years. I enjoy what I do because I'm good at it. If I sucked I'd probably like it a lot less. And though I seem like a bit of a bitch I can assure you that I am actually a full blown bitch and that I enjoy it very much," Khadijah said with a wicked smirk. She watched her new coworker's reactions and smiled as she saw Commander Wong quietly seething while Arman coughed to cover up his coming chuckle.

They each wondered, absently if coming to work her had been a mistake.






Chapter End Notes:

Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors. I try to check as I write and then edit when I'm finished but sometimes I miss things.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.