Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline and John are at an impasse and need a little help from an unexpected source.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Not Without A Fight

 

Chapter 7                        A Little help from Mom

 

 

Dr. Stevenson leaves and I call my mother and ask her to come to the hospital.  Even though I have taken a hard line with John and Michael I really don’t want to fight with them. I just want some peace.  

 

“Mom thanks for coming.  I need to talk with you about something and I need your honest opinion on what I have done.”

 

“I will listen Evangeline and will give you my opinion on what you have done.”

 

I tell her everything I have done since I found out that I was pregnant.  I tell her that I knew all along that John is the father and that I obtained the waiver of parental rights when John wasn’t paying attention to what he was doing.  I tell her that now I think that what I did is wrong.  

 

 

“Now that Peter is here I think that John should have a relationship with his son even if he doesn’t love his son’s mother.  I knew that Michael would press the issue even if John didn’t.  Mom I’m just tired and I don’t want this ill feeling that I have to impact Peter but there’s no way that it won’t if this ends up in court.  Now that John knows that Peter is his he will fight for him I know that. In a way it is kind of nice that he will fight for his son.  Mom I know that John is not one of your favorite persons but I would never have been with him if he was as much an ogre as you paint him.  How do I fix this Mom?”

 

“Evangeline I am surprised that you would do something as underhanded as this but I do understand your reasoning.  I don’t agree with your actions but what’s done is done and now we need to make the best of a bad situation.  Just use this night to get some rest and I will come in the morning to collect Peter and you.  I will leave now and will see you in the morning.”

 

“Thank you Mom I will try to get some rest.  See you in the morning.”

 

Lisa Williamson leaves the hospital and heads to John McBain’s apartment.  She knocks on the door and waits for him to answer.

 

“Mrs. Williamson is something wrong with Evangeline or the baby?”

 

“No John they are fine.  May I come in?”

 

“Yes come in but I am surprised to see you if nothing is wrong with Evangeline or the baby.”

 

“John I need to say something to you and I need for you to listen carefully and think long and hard before you answer.”

 

She tells him everything that Evangeline told her.  She explains that her daughter had no malice aforethought in her actions and was simply trying to protect herself. She tells John that Evangeline wants her son to have a relationship with John even if she doesn’t have one. Then she asks John a question,

 

“John I know about your issues regarding the deaths of your fiancé and father.  I know that you never told Evangeline that you love her.  In your current mental condition what do you have to offer your son?  I know that you are under mandated therapy in order to keep your job but don’t you want to be healed?  Don’t you want to come to your son whole and not fractured.”

 

John sits and thinks about all that Mrs. Williamson has said. He is still a bit miffed about the waiver but he understands Evangeline’s motive.  If anyone were as messed up in the head as I am would I want them around my child?  John finally finds the words and says,

 

“Mrs. Williamson I will try to look at this matter from Evangeline’s perspective but I still can’t say that I would have done the same things that she has done.  But you are correct when you say that I should want to be whole for my son.  I should want to be whole for me too.  I care for Evangeline, I always have and I had hoped that with time I would come to love her but we weren’t given that time.  My feelings right now are all over the place.  I know that I love my son and I haven’t even met him.  I will do what I need to do to be a good father to him.  I wish that you would say that to Evangeline but I am not to have any contact with her according to the restraining order.  I tell you what I will do.  I will continue my therapy and if Evangeline will allow it I would like to have some time with my son but first I would like to be legally his father.  I will consult an attorney on that matter but I don’t want a contentious court case.  If Evangeline and I can come to a reasonable compromise I will abide by it.”

 

“John thank you for thinking about this.  Your request sounds reasonable and I will present it to Evangeline. Don’t give up on her John. Her actions may not reflect it but Evangeline would not have done all of this if she didn’t still have feelings for you. When we Williamson women love, we love hard.  It’s unfortunate that you didn’t return her love but if you don’t feel it you don’t feel it.  You two have to think about your son now.  What is best for him?  He doesn’t need parents who are at odds with each other.  He needs two parents who love him more than they dislike each other.  I’m not saying that you dislike Evangeline but you painted her into a corner when you didn’t return her love and she found herself pregnant with your child.  She didn’t want you anywhere near her so she did what she thought she had to do to accomplish that.”

 

“I understand that now Mrs. Williamson.  Thank you for stopping by.”

 

“Thank you for listening John.  I will go now. I need to make it back to Evangeline’s apartment and get things ready for her to come home with the baby tomorrow.”

 

“Oh they come home tomorrow.  Good.  Well I hope to see you again soon Mrs. Williamson if things work out as I hope.”

 

“Goodbye John.”

 

I stood at the door after Mrs. Williamson left and thought again about all she said.  I don’t want to fight with Evangeline.  It’s not that I don’t love her it’s just that I am so confused. Mrs. Williamson is right I need to get myself together.  I will go and see Dr. Crosby tomorrow and tell him everything and ask his opinion on what I should do.






Chapter End Notes:

How will John respond to the challenge ahead?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.