Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Short thingymajig




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

       "What the hell got into you two?!" Niamh bursted through the door breathing heavily from her jog that turned into a full sprint home.


    She had walked in just as her mother and brother stopped the conversation they were engaged in. Their faces turned to her still showing their disapproval towards her.


     " What?" She raised her voice boldly.


      " Don't you dare come in here demanding from me like that you hear?" Her mother's voice was leveled and a shaking finger pointed to her daughter who stood looking exasperated.


    " I apologize. " Niamh replied coming to their side, reeling in her voice. " You two know that the way you acted out there was uncalled for Mom."


     " Can I not have my own opinion about someone Nia? You just take my word when I say to never ever dip into business with them again." Her voice came out hoarsely.


     " You're acting as if you have some vendetta against them. We don't know them! Or at least you used to, but I've never heard you speak ill about him all of these years. Why now?"


      " Now isn't the time for you to badger on with questions Niamh. If we say no then that's just what it means." Niall said sternly irking Niamh with the tone he took.


      " Who the fuck are you, my daddy?" She asked fueled by fire at the way she was being treated.


      " Maybe I should have been more of your daddy and told you to not get on your back for just anyone. You've slept with him Niamh! Who knows what kind of sick game he'll make you . Is that really how you roll? Any random guy does it for you?"Niall's loud voice bolstered through the small space. He had stood to his feet and shook his younger sister by her shoulders.


      Silence overtook the home as Niamh swallowed back any response she had prepared to say. She felt the shake of her legs underneath her and grabbed onto the back of a dining room chair. She blinked back tears as she moved her eyes to her mother also.


     " You're not going to say anything?" She asked, voice shaking and all.


     " Niamh baby..." Her mother began," I should have stopped you from being so free a long time ago. I never warned you sweetie it's my fault I-"


     "No!" Niamh's hand shot up ceasing her mother's voice." Is that what you both really think of me? As a whore? All I wanted to know was why you held those people in such a bad light. That was it. You assumed-which only makes an ass out you and me-that I slept with Mr. Kincaid's son."


     " Do you think it's that hard to make the connection Niamh? You and he had it written all over your faces-"


     " Did I ever say that happened?!" Niamh screamed." Not once did that leave my mouth. And how dare you to turn it into some type of daddy complex Niall!"


     " I'm trying to keep you from making any further mistakes with him Nia! You're going to fall flat on your face if you don't realize my intent."


    "When did I ever suggest that he and I would ever be with each other for that to happen? Please...for the sake of us both just stop and listen to yourself and point out to me where anything you're saying makes sense. Her teeth digged into the side of her cheek drawing blood into her mouth as she fought back the urge to hurt her brother.


     Niall had been so caught up in the conversation with his mother, that he couldn't hold back from expressing his concern for his sister. He never lightly protected her if he felt as if she needed it. He would heavily guard her with his life, and after lifetimes together, Niamh had seemed to not have caught on to his ways with her. They had such a close and loving relationship, that when one became mad it was worse than being on the ocean during a storm. He just didn't know how to explain it to her. He had to beg his mother to answer his suspicions he had years ago when the Kincaids were regulars in their lives. The goofiness of Niall shadowed his intuitive nature which everyone failed to notice about him.


      "Father has sent in new drafts of the operation. We could knock out years in our plans..." Niall had been searching for his winter coat like his mother asked before he went outside with the other children. He stood now on the opposite side of the door; his jacket hanging on a hook inside of the conference room filled with domineering men in suits. Niall could only recall seeing them all walk through the halls of Mr. Saslow's home many times before, but had never heard them speak a word.

 

    Mr. Saslow always passed by Niall, ruffling his hair and suggesting a game or activity that would draw his attention away from their meetings. Today had been different. Their entrance was walked in high strides and smiles laying beneath the surface on many of their faces. The door had been left open a crack, leaving Niall enough room to see into the festive room.

 

     "We haven't seen a move like this in years!" Jeered Daniel. He threw one leg across the table as he slapped his hands together, the face of an awaiting savage showing.

 

       Niall wasn't quite sure, but the look seemed to foreshadow an event that would be gut wrenching to try to even guess.

 

      "What are you doing white boy?" Exclaimed another boy from behind,which  startled Niall and caused him to fall into the door, slamming it shut. He turned around to his archenemy, Blaise. He and his sister Niamh had been the pit of the children's taunting because of their skin color. Their mother was an obvious woman of color, and yet her children showed nearly no sign of her heritage. Niall got it the worst, his skin being much paler than his sister's light cream color.

 

     He had never seen his father, so he couldn't explain to them why exactly it was that he looked the way he did. He tried explaining that it was what God had decided for him, but kids at that age always had a follow up question to a definite answer; "But why?"

 

      Niall scrambled to his feet backing as far away from the door as he possibly could, hearing footsteps charge towards it.

 

     "Just what are you boys doing here?" Sneered Mr. Saslow upon seeing Niall.

 

     " I...I was looking for my jacket and I saw it in there by the table-"

 

   "You've better have a good explanation behind being in forbidden areas. You've no right going in any room in my house without my permission. Wait until I get to your mother!"

 

    "No! No! She doesn't know about me wandering! That's all it is....just wandering I promise."His small hands shot up in front of his body pleading to Daniel.

 

     From behind came a hand gripping Niall's jacket." Here you go Niall. Go on and get out of here okay kid? And Blaise, I don't ever want to hear you talk like that again, do you get me?" Joseph was the only adult who spoke to Niall and Niamh like they mattered. They already felt like they took up space where they weren't welcomed since their mother was a maid who lived in the Saslow home. Niall had taken a liking to Joseph and even came to respect him. He was usually the one who kept Blaise's teasing at bay whenever he came for play dates with Darla.

 

       " Sure thing. Sorry for disrupting you."

 

     " It won't happen again Dad." Blaise said standing stiffly at his father's scowl.

 

    Daniel scoffed before pulling Joseph back into the room, closing the door as the two young boys took off down the hall.

 

   Niall had learned enough information about the Saslows and Joseph, that he felt he had the right to claim insanity. It's been nearly twenty years since they were last being torn apart by their claws, and he feared inevitable fighting amongst their family with the Arrival of the Kincaids once again. Of course Niamh would have been too young and sheltered away from the tyranny in that house, her brother only hoped to have her life continue on oblivious to the smoking bomb right under all of their noses.


      Lorraine moved the hair back from her face displaying her conflicting situation.


     "I'm leaving." Declared Niamh as she went back into the bedroom and packed two overnight bags."I'm sure I don't have to say it, but I will be at Blythe's."


     "Niamh, wait-" Started Niall. He attempted to barricade her into the room, but was slipped by with ease.


    "Don't speak to me. Please." Niamh said in an unwavering voice before she walked out of the front door with her keys.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.