Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Aw what the heck. This is going to be its own chapter. Enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

     Justin walked through the virgin rooms of the second Kincaid Apex. The signature styled conference rooms replicated the ones he had originally began working in. The set up was identical, the same chairs, tables, and the same nameplates bolted onto the table tops waiting for their occupants to show up. Coming down the long corridor, he came to a steel door that seemed to call out to him.


      Pulling back his sleeve, he checked his watch to see the time read 9:04 pm. The day for him had proved uneventful.  He did his usual duties of making sure the regular expectations of him and his position were met. In the five years he has worked undercover, he had never had to have such a job. Cleaning shit spewing toilets and removing trash from offices that smelled like things from hell were not one of his most desired activities. For these people to seem so well kept on the outside, they turned out to be sometimes the foulest of the foul.


     He rolled a large trashcan to the front of the tempting door. A woman walked past him, eyeing his actions to see his next move. She seemed ready to intervene and divert his attention elsewhere from the room. He made use of his supplies, knocking a glass cleaning bottle off of the bottom rack with his foot and bent to pick it up.


     "Have a nice evening." She spoke to him. She came to halt crossing her hands behind her back with a false smile decorating her face. Justin let out an exasperated sigh seeing that she had no intention to turn a blind eye to him.


    " Yes, you too. It's been a long day hasn't it?" He rose slowly leaning against the moving cart. " It sure would be a relief to get home and relax, wouldn't it?" He said pointedly to her.


     The woman stood unaffected by his subtle hint to be on her way." It would be rather delightful. Are you going this way also?" She asked nodding her head toward the elevator. " We could go together." The dull gleam in her eyes let Justin know just how important it was for him to not be lingering around this door. Justin raised his eyes to a small red light above the door, his senses told him that maybe entering the room wouldn't have been as easy as he first perceived.


     " You know what, I'm going to have to pass on that." He said charmingly, drawing no response from her expressions." I still have this last round to finish, but maybe next time I can join you?" With a sharp turn on her heel, her and the tight bun resting high on her head walked away with a cutting glance.


     Justin began to slowly walk away, making sure that he heard the closing of the elevator doors behind him before her looked over his shoulder to see that the woman had in fact left. There were no corners at the end of the hall for her to lurk around, so he took this as him being alone once again. The door before him could be missed by anyone just happening to walk by. From being in the presence of Joseph, Justin had caught on quick to the man's designing habits. His hidden passage ways were known to only few outsiders. It was pretty remarkable what the man was able to come up with. Justin has never had the pleasure of actually venturing off into one, but he had been lucky enough to catch sneaks at drawing plans of some of his latest works.


      An eerie feeling ran across the back of his neck as he saw the flicker of the red dot just above his head. He fought against the feeling to look directly into it, not wanting to give anyone on the other side the satisfaction of "catching him red handed." Thinking better of standing around, he began his trudge to the closest office to pick up the trash.


      Behind him, the sound of an oncoming person could be heard. He heard two pairs of feet traveling towards him with powerful steps. Facing the people, Justin was relieved to see that it was only Darla Saslow. He had gotten to know her through Blaise throughout the last few months that the men developed a strange type of friendship. She came to  him with a warming smile showcasing the brightness of her eyes. Before he could properly greet her, she pulled him into a tight hug.


      " Hi Justin! I feel like it's been days since I lost saw you."


    " Well it has. Eight to be exact." He replied


    " Smart ass." She said through her teeth as she pulled back. The man behind her filled Justin's heart with joy. Through pictures, voicemails, and emails, was the only way he knew the man. He was the big shit of the whole corrupt operation Justin had been sent to take down.


     The biggest piece of shit Justin would ever clean up in his life.


     " Mr. Saslow , sir." He greeted him reaching out a hand. Daniel eyed the young man and his outstretched hand, not wanting to touch a man he dealt with filth for a living.


    The irony.


    After a prolonged silence, Darla cleared her throat to her father and with wide eyes, indicated that he should be courteous. Daniel's mighty attitude didn't deter Justin one bit. He had not an ounce of a fuck to give about what Mr. Saslow thought of him. If only he knew about him....


     " It's always nice to meet a new comer to the business." He said with a smooth tone, finally gripping Justin's hand." I'm not so sure I've heard tell of you before young man, why is that?" Daniel placed his hands into his dress pants pockets taking a nonchalant stance.


      " Well it would make sense that you haven't sir."


     "Oh?"


     " Seeing as how I do not work for you, of course you wouldn't have heard about me. There isn't anything spectacular of a janitorial job for Mr. Kincaid to brag about to his friends is there?" He saw the flash of disgust and insult Daniel took to his words.


       "You'd be surprise just how entwined our work is son." Daniel could smell the blaring differences with this man from the rest of the employees. He could not recall at all ever screening him before he was hired. His ire was touched knowing that Joseph had broken procedure and gone on his own to invite someone in so close to The Family without him knowing. He of all people should know how detrimental it was after all of these years.


      Darla rolled her eyes at her father's blatant stubborn attitude as he spoke to Justin. "Well hey Jus, I had just stopped by to check up on Blaise and found my dad here. We were just checking it all out. I like what you've done with the...toilets." She said jokingly." I'll be sure to admire the floors as we leave. Now." She directed to her father leaving no room for argument.


       "How kind of you Darla. Make sure you don't touch any of my glass on your way out. I didn't clean them for your hands to smudge all over them." He threw out to the woman dragging her father by the elbow past him. Daniel gave him a knowing gaze on his way out.


        It's time for him to sit back and wait for the beast to be drawn towards him.


       " Hey Justin, you about done?" Crackled Blaise's voice over his walkie talkie.


      " Yeah, everything's just about done here. Why?" He spoke into the contraption.


      " Good. Hurry your ass, we're going for drinks." With that, Justin placed the walkie talkie back onto his hip holster and finished up cleaning, preparing to release his pent up stress with Blaise.


Oooooooooooo


      Blaise ran his hand through his hair as he walked through the dark parking garage with Justin beside him.


      " Well damn, you look like you've aged in a day." Justin clapped him on his back.


       He didn't even know half of it. Blaise had not thought he would encounter the things he did today; the men. Men that resembled Daniel early this morning. The entire day flew right over his head along with all of the information he had been forced fed. He hadn't grasped the full concept of what happened today, but the suspicion of a not so legal business was there. Instead of kicking off the job today as he had been prepared for, Blaise was carted around by Daniel to meet people who were "essential" to how fast he could reach the top, as put by Mr.Saslow.


      When he walked into his office, he found it already occupied by five other men. Their ruthless demeanors screamed out as they sat at a long table with two seats left empty; one at the head and another to its right side.


      Simultaneously, the people in the room rose as if in pecking order.

 

    "Welcome, Mr. Kincaid." They addressed him as the people downstairs first had. One short man broke away from the group quickly walked to his side. "It's an honor to meet you. We've been anticipating you joining."

 

    "Excuse me?" Blaise asked as he looked between each face with a raised eyebrow. A sickening feeling fell in his stomach  from fear of the unknown. At first, he had been overwhelmed by their sudden appearance, but then names came to him with each face he saw. He remembered as a child walking through Daniel's home with the rest of the kids and coming across a wall lined with portraits of the very men before him. Darla had told each name as if it had been a lesson drilled in her head to remember.

 

     " Let's join these gentlemen Blaise." By his shoulder, Daniel led him to the empty seat allowing him to sit down first. Mr. Saslow took his place at the head, appearing as the intimidating leader role he rightfully fit.

 

      "We've waited for this day for half of our lives; most of your natural born life." He began speaking, directing the second half to Blaise.

 

      " Many people have been sought after to fill the spot you sit in now ,son. At first we had figured your father would prove to be the solution to our problem, but sadly, he himself is not fit for what we require. Thank the heavens for him having given life to you. For you are the last leg needed to help us rise and stand to our full potential. I trust in my own judgment  that you will exceed beyond my expectations as a member of the committee." Rising to his feet, Daniel stood before the room and raised his voice.

 

      " You are now truly part of The Family Blaise.  From here on out we will be part of a bond that will transcend generations.Enjoy."

 

     A roar of applause broke out in the room as a scowl showed on Blaise's face from the speech.

 

  

       Justin took note of the disheveled look painted onto his companion's face."You look like you're about to cry on me like a little bitch Blaise..."He tried lightening the mood.


      Blaise broke out into a genuine smile at Justin's little tactic." No, never that." Both men went on to their cars and drove off to a bar which they visited regularly


Ooooooooooooooooooooo


       " Hey kid, you still here?" Joseph had peeked his head into the door of the only lit room in his building. Before him, Niamh was crouched in front of a model that he had shown her earlier today. He could see the pure excitement she had for this kind of job. She was an attentive listener, and was able to make much progress during her first day. He always gave his interns a heavy workload to kind of scare them straight into knowing that if he just so happened to offer them a job, it wouldn't be a walk in the park.


      She turned around flustered at the intruding voice." Oh, Joseph. I'm sorry, I got sidetracked on my way out." She rose to her feet smoothing out her straight legged dress pants. She was dressed simply, showcasing her womanly body in the black pants and simple white and black striped top. Joseph stood wondering where he had been during the years of her growing up. He kicked himself for never keeping contact with Lorraine and her children after they were removed from his life. He felt guilty and held himself responsible for neglecting the natural instinct to check up on the small family, no matter what they had been labeled by The Family.


      Niamh grabbed her purse from the nearby table, and walked out of the room along with Joseph.


     " I've pushed you pretty hard today Niamh, have you eaten?" He asked as they took the stairs to the ground floor.


      "Goodness, I can't even remember. It wasn't on my mind for today." She said with a chuckle.


      "Don't you laugh young lady. You need to eat dinner because I am for sure that you skipped lunch. That's the problem with you young people now. You think you are invincible." He said in a concerned tone. Niamh felt her cheeks blush at his words; she has only ever heard her mother nag her for skipping meals and other things of the like. All day long, she had felt as if Joseph was taking on a role more than just a mentor, but as a reinforcing father figure in her life.


     Not that she needed one.


      Or really wanted one.


     Why would she after all of these years? She didn't need anyone coming around to play daddy for her. She has gotten by all of her life without ever once yearning to be held by a father as she sat up in hospital bed night after night; who she knew would be there whenever she needed. One that would love on her the way her mother did, teaching her and Niall things her mom may have missed. A dad that would have been there the nights she'd wake up screaming and running through the house to catch his daughter mid flight because he knew the exact moment her dreams would wake her.


     Niamh Deges was perfectly motherfucking fine.


   Just like that, her mood had fouled as she let her mind overwork itself. She looked to Joseph maliciously, though it wasn't intended for him. She could only see the dad she had a right to have as a person standing there, but who never showed up. Her vision blurred as Joseph's face disappeared and was replaced with an image out of the thousand people she has seen before. Joseph caught the look on her face, and feared that any second she'd push him down the stairs and murder him.


      "Niamh?" He asked stopping at the bottom of the staircase....for safety precautions of course. " Are you okay dear?"


       Niamh broke the ugly hold her hate had taken and answered," Huh? " She tried to pretend that she hadn't heard his question and continued on past him to the exit. Joseph had no idea about what could have caused her drop in moods that fast.


      Pulling out her cell phone, Niamh read that it said 9:37 pm. " You know what Joseph. I think I'm going to take your advice and grab something to eat. Even if it is late."


     " I'm glad to hear that. I can hear your stomach all the way over here." He chuckled as it was true. Her stomach had been noisy and disruptive, begging her to fill it up. Joseph walked with her to her car, making sure that she got in and buckled up.


      "You be careful girl, you hear me? Have a good night and I'll see you first thing in the morning."


    " Will do sir. Drive safely." Niamh cranked up her engine and backed out of the parking space. As she drove off, she looked in her rear view mirror to see Joseph still standing there. Not leaving until she made the turn out of the garage.


Ooooooooooooooooo


      Niamh walked into the bar, not really fond of drinking, but came for the amazing cheeseburger they sold.


   " Ah hell, look who it is." A voice yelled as she took a seat upon a stool at the bar. " My baby came to see daddy work tonight!" Matthew Saslow appeared in front of Niamh with a huge goofy smile on his face. He was a Casanova; constantly trying to woo Niamh at first, but once he got rejected enough times, he accepted that she had no plans to ever hook up with him and become a part of his long track record.


      "Yeah, you know I had to come check up on my boo boo." She said in a mockingly feminine voice as she laughed. Matthew reached over and grabbed her into a half hug and she kissed him on his cheek.


     "You must be in here just to watch me Niamh. You rarely by drinks from here." He said.


    " Now you know I have before. I just don't do it when I come alone Matt."


    "Yeah, yeah whatever." He said pretending to be sad. " It'll be out in shortly." He took the menu from her hands and placed it behind the counter. Niamh looked at him with an open mouth and scoffed.


     " You don't know what I want!"


    " Cheeseburger with two sides of fries and a water. I don't understand where all of that goes Nia. I've been sitting around waiting for the day I saw a little pudge come through on you."


    "Oh shut up Matthew. I only get two sides because you put ten in one!"She punched his arm.


    " Oh no no! Now you know I give you special treatment! Don't even go there." He said standing back shaking his head.


    "You right, you right. You be taking good care of me." Niamh pursed her lips. The other customers around them looked on to their light banter.


     " Oh you better stop. I have other people to take care of, stop being so selfish with me." Matthew said as he saw a new customer come to the bar for refills. He went to tend to him as he left Niamh laughing. A shiver coursed down her back as she looked around the bar. It was the kind you felt when someone was looking at you. She turned her head in the direction Matthew had gone, and saw him slapping hands with a large blonde man with a baseball cap on. His eyes were looking at her mischievously and she immediately recognized him.


     He was the big buffoon that tried to talk to her Saturday night. She wasn't surprised that two cheesy men knew each other and turned her head as her water was brought out.


     " Thank you." She said to the woman. Breaking out her straw, Niamh's thoughts floated to her mother and brother. Tonight would be the first night they would all be home together, and she didn't know what to expect. She had tried calling them, they tried calling her, but conveniently they all happened to have been "busy." Niamh was a sensitive woman; more than she led on.


     I'll go buy a cake before I go home. She thought to herself. The Deges were infamous for holding out  when mad, if she didn't stop this tonight, then it would go on for weeks. It was one of their flaws.


      She smelled her meal before she saw it, and was all too happy to finally eat.


Oooooooooooooooooooooo


    Blaise sat with a brooding look on his face as he stared at the back of Niamh's head as she ate. He had seen her from his position as soon as she got out of her car and walked into the building. He thought she looked adorable as she walked in with her hands in her pockets and her arms were drawn back into a lazy ‘v.' She made the striped shirt with brown leather patches at the elbows look entirely unnaturally sexy as she hopped up in the stool. He had heard Matt exclaim to her arrival from behind the bar as he walked to her and hugged her.


     Blaise wondered how close they were to have been so deep into conversation with each other for at least five minutes. He knew Darla's brother was a hopeless flirt, but saw that he took a different approach to Niamh.


     That was good for the both of them. Blaise had already laid his claim to her, and now Matt wouldn't have to suffer from impeding on it.


       " Yeah, Miss Beautiful is over there." Jeremy stated as he came back to the table and slid into the chair at the table." Now I'm not dumb, and I know you went off with her the other night. What's her name?" He questioned as he took a sip from his Heineken.


      Justin answered the question as he turned to see where the others' attention was." Niamh?" He said.


    Blaise narrowed his eyes slightly at Justin. He hadn't planned on actually giving Jeremy an answer.


    "Niamh? I like that." He said as he did a shake of happiness. Blaise cut him a look which was shrugged off by  Jeremy.


    " So, how was she? She looks like she can bounce that ass back." Jeremy's comments were always pretty sexual. It had settled down since boyhood, but every once in awhile it came out of him when they were in comfortable settings.


      Blaise shrugged his shoulders as he shook his own beer back and forth. He thought that was what he needed to ease himself tonight, but as soon as he took a sip from the drink, he recoiled at the taste remembering that he had never been a big drinker. Or a little one at that.


      "So, you're sleeping with your father's interns now?" Justin asked with a hint of humor in his voice. Two Kincaids? Was she that seasoned?


       " What? God, no they are too bland for me. All mechanical and shit..." Blaise said not catching the connection with Niamh.


    "But I thought he said you hooked up with Niamh?"


   " It was implied yes, but she isn't an intern." He shook his head unknowingly as he crossed his hands on top of the table.


     " Well, when I left your dad's office, she was." He said matter of factly.


      " No shit? She's working with my dad?" Blaise asked now intrigued. He looked  back to her and saw Matt wiping her face with a napkin as they chattered.


     "Funny how the universe works." He said quietly. His eyes locked on to his target as he saw her pulling out money to pay for her meal. He stood up from his chair, knowing that she was preparing to leave, and wanted to catch her before she did. Her head was casted down as he walked to her and stood. She tucked her hair behind her ear as she raised her head slowly.


     Her eyes registered Blaise when she finally looked at him head on. She ceased her movements and threw an elbow on to the back of her seat and smiled at him.


     " Blaise." She said in a low voice as they both smiled at each other.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review Please&Thank You =)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.