Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Episode 16

Time: Same day as last episode, Evening

Location: Roxy’s Apartment

Roxy sat with Chance on the sofa attempting to talk her way out of going out to dinner.  She wasn’t hungry.  There was no way that food would sit well with the knot in her stomach that Devon had put there earlier today.

“Chance, I just don’t feel like going out to dinner.  I am not hungry at all.”

“What’s the problem,” he asked concerned. “And don’t try to tell me nothing.  I can look at your beautiful face and see that you are upset,” he said cupping the side of her face with one hand and rubbing his thumb across her cheek.

“Devon came by to see me today.”

“I am not surprised.  He probably tried to talk his way back into your life.  Don’t let him. He won’t give you what you want.”

“At this point Chance, I don’t care,” she said sadly. “I want him. I love him.”

“You deserve better than waiting on Hamilton to decide to marry.  Trust me,” he said smiling and tilting her face up so that he could look her in the eyes. “You will meet someone else,” he said lowering his eyes to her lips.

Roxy could tell that he wanted to kiss her. Maybe he was right.  But she didn’t think so. Her feelings for Devon were real.  And she knew in her heart that they would not change.

“I don’t want anyone else. I want him.”

“Have you ever dated anyone besides him?”

“Yes.”

“No I mean really been with someone,” he asked. 

She knew what he meant. “No, only Devon,” she said blushing.

“You don’t know then.  You may find that you could have more with someone else. How about an experiment then.  Let me kiss you. See if you like it.”

“Not necessary,” she said laughing.

“You sure. Just one kiss,” he said.

Now that they were talking about it, she was curious. It was only one kiss. 

“Okay,” she said.

Chance lowered his lips to hers and pressed firmly.  She felt nothing. Maybe if she deepened the kiss it would be better she thought. So she titled her head to the side and opened her mouth.  He wasted no time sliding his tongue inside.  She rubbed her tongue up against his and heard him moan.  The sound made her break away.  She still felt nothing and didn’t want to lead him.

“Wow,” he said.

“Chance. Listen.  You’re a great guy.  And I like you. But I love Devon. I love him.”

“I have been in love before. More than once so I know what it is like.  You just think that you want Devon because you have only ever been with him.  But once you open yourself up to being with someone else then you will see.  You can fall in love with someone else just as easily as you fell in love with him.”

Roxy figured Chance had to be joking.  Real love, true love, did not work that way.  It did not go away just because you meet someone else.  Or even sleep with someone else.

“Chance, what I feel for Devon will not go away.  It will always be there.” 

“So you’re going to take him back even though he won’t give you what you want.”

“Yes,” she said.  She hadn’t planned on saying yes but once it was out of her mouth she knew it was true.

“Okay.  I just want you to be happy.  And if being with him makes you happy then I am all for it,” he said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

“You’re a great friend. You know that.”

“Friend yeah,” he said looking down then he looked back up at her face and smiled. “And this friend says that you need to eat.  So let me take you to Glow Worm for dinner. If not then I will go and bring it back here.”

She laughed at his persistence. “Okay. Let’s go.”

 

Location:  Glow Worm

Nate held out the chair for his mother then slid in beside Tamara in the booth.  He had introduced them when he and Tamara had picked her up at home.  They were getting along well.  Of course he knew that they would.  His mother was a really nice and sensible woman. And Tamara was friendly and respectful. Their compatibility was one of the reason he had originally chose Tamara.  He found all his reason funny now that he had such strong feelings for her.  Why did he ever think he could really marry a woman and not fall in love with her? Especially a woman like Tamara.

“So ladies,” he said looking at the menu. “How about some drinks?”

“I am not sure it is a good idea for me to have drinks on the very first night that I meet your mother. I wouldn’t want to give off a bad first impression,” she said teasingly.

“Oh please,” Olivia said smiling waving over their waitress. “I don’t often get a chance to indulge in cocktails because I am generally on call at the hospital.  But tonight I can drink all that I want. So, I will have a Cosmopolitan.  And Tamara here will have a….,” she paused waiting for Tamara to give her drink order.

“An apple martini please,” Tamara said laughing.

“And I will have a Bulleit Neat.”

“Bourbon Nathan,” Tammy said. “How do you drink that stuff? Ugh,” she said making an ugly face, which he didn’t think looked at all ugly on her.

At that moment, Justin and Chris walked in as the waitress left.    The two spotted them and immediately came over. He prepared himself for the jokes he knew were sure to come.

“Liv,” Justin said kissing Olivia’s cheek.

“Hey guys. Would you like to join us,” Olivia asked.

“And become the fourth and fifth wheel as the baby doc tries to introduce his little dime piece to his momma. Noooo,” Chris said. 

Then he and Justin both looked at Tamara.

“Hi there Ms Davis,” Justin said.

“Nice to see you again,” Chris followed.

She smiled shyly. “Hi,” she said.

If Nate didn’t know better he would think she was embarrassed.  Which was funny because not much of anything embarrassed her.

 “Okay, leave them alone.  Go away,” Olivia said playfully.

 

 

 

Jack walked in Glow worm with Ashley and Abby to have dinner.  They were still discussing and brainstorming about a spokes model for the new products.  Abby still refused to ask Roxanne.

“There’s Olivia,” Ashley said pointing in her direction. “I am going to say hello. Get us a table Jack.”

“I think I will say hello too.  Abby. Table,” he said walking off behind Ashley. 

“Ugh. Just treat me like a servant why don’t you,” he heard Abby say to their retreating back.

When Olivia saw them approaching she stood and hugged Ashley.

“Hey girl,” Ashley said.

“Hey there,” Olivia said in return.

Jack was wondering if she had told anyone about them dating.  It didn’t matter because he wasn’t about to hide it. He pulled Olivia into his arms and kissed her softly on the lips. “Hey beautiful,” he said.  He wanted to do more put they were in a public place.  She blushed and said, “Hi Jack,” as he released her.

He noticed Nate narrow his eyes. And he didn’t dare look at Ashley. He would deal with her questions when they sat down.

“Nate,” he said extending his hand. “I haven’t seen you in a while,” he said as Nate shook his hand firmly. “And who is this beautiful young lady?”

“This is Tamara Davis.  Tamara, this is Jack Abbot. Billy’s brother.  And Ashley, his sister. She is Abby’s mother.”

“Oh. Nice to meet you both,” Tamara said.

“Didn’t I see you at Delia’s birthday party,” Jack asked.

“Yes, I was there.”

“I thought so.  I never forget a pretty face.”

He looked back at Olivia who was still blushing. “Liv, can I speak with you in private later before you go.”

“Okay,” she said breathlessly.

“Ashley, shall we,” he said ushering her away from the table towards where Abby was sitting.

When they were far enough away she said, “Really Jack. When are you going to let that incessant crush on Olivia go? The flirting is one thing.  But to kiss her in a crowded dining room is just taking it too far. She was so embarrassed.”

So Olivia hadn’t told Ashley.  He wasn’t surprised with the revelation.  A little disappointed but not surprised. “I don’t think so sis.  Apparently Olivia didn’t tell you.  But we are dating now.”

“Dating,” she said astonished.

“Yes.”

“I am going to have to hear this from her.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this was all in your head.”

“Ask away.”

 

 Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Tucker casually walked from his car to the entrance of his building.  It took all his will power not to run.  After he had left Bell, he had Chloe call the furniture store to order a new king size bed.  It had arrived about an hour after he ordered it.   He had also called the bank and signed over ownership of Bell to her. He then informed his staff that Harmony would be moving in with him so they should expect her soon.   He wasn’t sure whether she had arrived yet but he hoped so.  There several time throughout the day that he wanted to call her but he didn’t.  It was more exciting that way.  Even though part of him was hurt that the only reason that she was here was because he forced it on her. 

He opened the front door to his home and walked in.  He didn’t see any sign that she was there.  There were no bags nor were the lights on.  She had promised to be in bed waiting so he decided to check his bedroom.

He walked into the dimly lit room and stopped at the sight of her. She was lying in the middle of the bed on her side with her head propped on her forearm as she slept. She never looked more beautiful.  And it was exactly how he dreamed she would look here.  He wondered if she was naked or if her statement today was just a bluff.  He walked to the edge of the bed and grabbed the comforter.  He slowly pulled it down to her just below her waist and stared hungrily.  She was naked as promised. He liked that she had kept her word.  That she had done what she said that she would do. He had found in the past that many women would say things but not follow through. 

He didn’t want to wake here but he had this need to see her entire body.  So he grabbed the comforter again and pulled it slowly down.  When it got halfway her leg, she woke up with a start and looked at him.  He held his breath waiting for her reaction.  When she gave him that same sultry smile he had seen earlier, he let out a breath.

“Hi baby,” she said in the same sexy whisper as she rolled over to her back and sat up leaning back on her hands.  Her beautiful breasts were perfectly displayed. 

“Hey there darlin.  I am happy you came.  Happy you are here,” he said walking to the side of the bed while staring at her body. He sat down next to her.

“Did you think I would flake out,” she asked.

“I didn’t know what to expect,” he said cupping her right breast and rubbing the nipple with his thumb.

“Mmm,”she moaned. “[i]I said I would be here wet and waiting.  I am a woman of my word.”

He wondered if she was wet.  He rubbed his hand from her from breast down her stomach to between her legs and found that she was very wet. She spread her legs wider and he circled her opening with his finger.

“Songbird,” he said watching her breast as she began to breathe hard. “I am sorry about what happened at the hospital. I am sorry for accusing you. I am sorry for the things I said.  I know there is really no excuse for it but my heart was broken when I thought that I was about to lose you.  Again.  The first time, I deserved to lose you. I deserved everything that happened.  But this time, I felt like I hadn’t done anything wrong. And I was losing you all over again. I can’t lose you. Not again,” he said. Then he began to slowly insert a finger in her.

“Baby,” she said panting. “I am not going anywhere.”

“That’s what you said Saturday night but just a day later you were ready to walk away from me,” he said as he slowly pulled his finger out of her and placed it on her clitoris. He pressed lightly

“Aaah,” she gasped. “Just like you needed some time when you thought I was pregnant, I needed some time to get over what you said to me. Besides, I am here now.”

“Yes,” he said smiling taking his hand from her folds. He leaned his forearms on his knees and clasped his hands together as he sat on the side of the bed.  “Naked and wet. But only because I forced it on you.”

“That’s not true.”

“You’re not really here for me,” he said sadly. “You’re here for Chris and Neil. To protect them.”

She chuckled softly and lifted to her knees behind him.  She leaned on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt so good.    He wanted to just throw her down and ravish her.

“Baby,” she whispered in his ear. “I am here to protect you. To protect you from yourself.  Now I care about Chris and Neil.  I do. But I care about you more. This is about you.  Not them.  And I am here because I want to be with you. If I can prevent ridiculous drama while doing so, then great. But even if that wasn’t the case, I would still be here.”

Her voice went straight to his loins.  She seemed to know all the right words to say and all the right things to do to pacify him.  If he wasn’t already fully aroused this would have made him so.  It was time that they finalized their deal that they had made earlier today.  He took her hand from around his neck and stood up.  He then walked out of the bedroom.

 

 

Location: Glow Worm

Justin sat at the bar with Chris having drinks before their food arrived listening to him recount speaking with the system architect’s wife.

“She was just so self-assured,” Chris said.

“It sure sounds like it.  She got you to go out with her sweet nanny,” Justin said with emphasis on the words sweet.

“No.  You did that. I refuse to lose a bet with you.”

“Oh well.  It worked out for her,” Justin said chuckling.

“True. I can’t wait to see this Pamela.  I’m telling you, she’s fine man,” Chris said.

“I believe so too.  Probably too fine to be with him which is why he got all twisted today. Now we know why he didn’t want to leave LA. Probably whipped.”

“Or scared someone else would slip in.  Pun intended,” Chris said laughing.

“I tried to get Neil to call her.  But you know stick up his butt wouldn’t do it. I wish you had been there.”

“Let’s call her tomorrow. Pretend like you lost the sweet nanny’s number,” Justin said.

Justin enjoyed working with Chris.  They had similar sense of humor so they got along well.  He reminded Justin a lot of Bill.  He was just a fun guy to be around.

“Uh oh, Precious’ little Foxy just walked in with another guy,” Chris said.

“Where,” Justin asked looking around spotting them being seated.  This didn’t look good.  One could mistake them for just friends if not for the way his hand was sitting right at the top curve of her butt and the smug smile he wore. 

Roxanne sat down in the booth and he sat down next to her.  Another tell. 

“I think she is on a date,” Chris said.

“Me too,” Justin said. “Devon did say she wanted to see other people.  I just didn’t give much credence to it.”

“Me either.  Let’s hope he doesn’t show up here tonight.”

 

 

Abby couldn’t believe that Roxanne was actually here with Chance with half Devon’s family here to witness it.  He needed to know that she was making a laughing stock of him. So, she sent him a text.  It read:

You should come to GW. Half your family is here.  And Roxy is here on a date with Chance looks like. Sorry.

“Abby,” Ashley said. “Did you have an opportunity to speak with Roxy?”

“No.  Not yet.”  And if she had her way she would never speak with her about it.

“Why don’t you go over and speak with her now. This is as good a time as any.”  Then she turned to Jack and said, “don’t you think so Jackie?”

But Uncle Jack wasn’t paying them any attention. He was too busy watching someone across the room.  Abby thought it might be Olivia but she wasn’t sure.

“Jackie,” Ashley said raising her voice.

“Oh. What did you say Ash?”

“I said that this would be a great time for Abby to ask Roxy to be spokes model.”

“Mom, she’s on a date.  No one wants to talk business on a date.”

“That’s true.  But tomorrow, you need to have that conversation with her,” Jack said.  “No putting it off.”

Abby rolled her eyes and took a sip of her wine.

 

Tamara couldn’t believe Roxanne’s luck.  Of all the places to show up on a date with another guy, she came here.  Half the people in here were related to Devon and the other half knew that they had been dating for forever.  Now she would be the one to have to put out this fire.  She just prayed that Devon didn’t somehow show up.

“I can’t believe Roxy is here with another guy,” Nate said angrily taking out his phone.

“She and Devon are broken up you know,” Tammy said.

“That’s not relevant Tamara,” Nate said.

“Nate. Do not call Devon and tell him,” Olivia said. “You know how hot headed he can be.”

“No mom.  He needs to know. He bought her an engagement ring today. He is planning on proposing to her tomorrow night. And she is out seeing someone else. Phillip Chancellor no less.  They are semi-related. That’s low.”

Engagement ring?  This was news.  And information that Roxy needed to be privy too, Tammy thought.  She wasn’t the biggest fan of Devon but she wanted her sister happy.  And marriage to Devon the cheater would make her happy.  Because god knows she had been totally miserable for the past few days.

“Nathan,” she said slowly lowering her voice the way she always did when she said his name.  And it had the same effect it always had on him.  His spine stiffened.  She placed her hand on his arm and said, “We don’t even know what’s going on yet.  Why don’t we go over and say hello. Judge the situation.  Then later on tonight you can tell Devon if you so choose.  But not now.”

He looked at her and she gave him her sexiest smile. Then he put his phone back into his coat pocket.

She would also make sure that Nathan was too preoccupied when they got home to remember to call. And if she really tried, she was sure she could get him to promise not to tell Devon at all.  The sacrifices one made for a sister she thought with a naughty smirk.

 “Excuse us,” she said looking at Olivia as Nathan stood.

“Thank you,” Olivia mouthed to her and she smiled in return.   

Nathan reached out his hand to her to assist her in rising.  They headed in the direction of the booth where Roxy and Chance were sitting.

As they were passing a booth with two young women, one said in a sexy voice, “Hello Dr Winters.” The other gave him a knowing smile.

“Hi Leslie,” he said and kept walking.

Tamara knew those looks. One of them had slept with Nathan. Her money was on the one named Leslie.  She didn’t have time to question him about it so she filed the information for later.

“Hey,” Tamara said smiling with her hand resting in the crook of Nathan’s arm as the reached their destination.

“Hey,” Roxy said sadly. 

If this was a date, Roxy didn’t seem too happy about it.

“Another beautiful Davis sister,” Chance said looking at her. “Hey Tamara.”  Then he focused on Nathan. “And if it isn’t Hastings.”

Nathan let out a long sigh.  Tammy knew he was fighting for control.

“I haven’t seen you in years,” Chance continued.

“Has it been that long McNeil,” said Nathan. Chance’s eyes narrowed.  They had both attended Walnut Grove although Chance was a few years older than him.

Nathan balled up his fist lay it on the table then leaned his body weight on it.

Then she spotted Justin looking there way and signaling.

“Nate, I think that your cousins are trying to get your attention. Remember what we discussed okay,” she said kissing him softly on the lips.

“Fine,” he said walking off.

“Roxy, I am going to go to the bathroom.  Want to come with,” Tammy said.

“Okay,” Roxy said with a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

 

 

Chris turned as Nathan approached them at the bar.

“Nate, I hope you did not call Devon and tell him about Roxy,” Chris said.

“No I didn’t.  I wanted to but mom and Tamara were against it.”

“Smart women,” Justin said.

“He deserves to know,” Nate said angrily.

“Relax. In the grand scheme of things this is no big deal,” Chris said.

“He’s planning to propose to her and she is out with some other guy.  That’s a big deal.”

“No.  It’s not,” Justin said.  “He already knows that she wants to see other people. Let’s keep that theoretical in his mind.  Not something that actually is real and happening. He’ll be fine. Besides, it’s not like she is sleeping with this guy.”

“How do we know that,” Nate said.

“Because this is Roxanne.  Come on. You know her,” Chris said.

“True. You’re right,” Nate said.

“Relax Nate,” Justin said.

Nate laughed as he visibly calmed down. And Chris was happy for that.  For a minute he thought that he was going to have to break up a fight between Nate and Roxy’s date.  These young men could be so emotional.  Even Nate was that way and he was colder blooded and self-disciplined than most men twice his age.

“Man. I pity your little dime piece and anyone who might even think about looking her way,” Justin said.

“Tamara knows better. She would never even attempt something like this,” Nate said.

 

 

Roxy followed Tamara into the bathroom at Glow Worm.

“I know what you are going to say Tam.”  She wanted to cut her off before the lecture started.

“You do?”

“Yes. And no, this is not a date.  He asked me to have dinner and I said yes. But before we left I told him that I was still in love with Devon and wanted to be with him.”

Tammy sighed. “Roxanne,” she said. “You have the worse luck.  I mean most of Devon’s family is here tonight.”

“I know. My stomach is in knots. And even though we are not together, I still feel like I am cheating on him.”

“That’s because in your heart you are.  I know this should be a surprise and all but I feel you need to know.  Devon bought you an engagement ring today.  So just imagine what would happen if he had been here.”

“He did,” she said smiling broadly.  So it was true.  Devon was planning on proposing to her tomorrow.

“That’s what Nathan says. So I suggest that you hurry Chance on up out of here girl. Because together or not, Devon would feel betrayed.”

“He asked me if I had a date earlier and I told him no.  I should have never come.”

“Now I am not saying all that,” Tammy said. “You should have just done reconnaissance first. That’s all. Survey the parking lot.  Make a few subtle inquiring phone calls. It works. I managed to keep Nathan from seeing me with another guy for three years.”

“By the way,” Roxy said. “Don’t think it escaped my notice that you are with Nate and his mother.  And you didn’t even tell me you were meeting her.”

“Listen chick. I don’t have to tell you everything.  You just have to tell me.  The rights of being a big sister,” they both laughed as they walked out of the bathroom.

 

 Location:  Genoa City Athletic Club

James walked into the club looking for his son and grandson when he spotted the spitfire at the bar having a drink.

“Jill,” he said walking up and standing beside her.

“I presume Tucker told you my name.”

“He did.  But that is all he told me about you. And I was happy about that.”

“And why is that,” she said.

“Because I would much rather find out the rest on my own.”

“Ha,” she said smiling. “Who says that I will give you the chance to do so?”

“Eyes don’t lie.  And your eyes are telling me that you like to be pursued. And just so you know, I like to pursue.”

“Is that right,” he asked.

“That’s right.  Now, here’s what we can do.  You can run and I will chase.  But you have to at least make it fair.”

“Fair?”

“Yes. Go out with me. Spend time with me. Give me an opportunity to catch you.”

“You know what,” she said.  “Why not. Pick me up tomorrow night.  8 o’clock. You know where I live. And I will let you take me dancing.”

“Done,” he said and walked away.

 

Location:  Glow Worm

Devon walked into Glow Worm heartbroken. Roxanne had lied to him today.  She said that she didn’t have a date but it seems she did.  Maybe this was something that happened after they had their conversation.  Maybe her original plans fell through and she just happened to meet Chance somewhere and they decided to grab some food.  That sounded more likely than her having a date and outright lying to him about it.

As he looked around, he immediately spotted her sitting in a booth with Chancellor next to her.  They looked to be on a date and his heart sank.  He wanted to cry but there was no way he would give the bastard she was with the satisfaction of seeing his weakness.

He also saw Justin and Nate at the bar and Olivia, Nate, and Tamara at a table.  And none of them had seen fit to call him and tell him that Roxy was here with another guy.

 

Roxy was busy trying to explain to Chance why she was ready to leave without eating when she saw Devon walk in.  He scanned the room, located them, and headed in their direction.  He wore a cold smile that matched his eyes perfectly.  She had scene that smile many times but never directed at her.   She knew from it that he was very upset.  Very hurt.

“So,” he said as he approached the table. “Having a good time on your date?”

Chance looked at him and smirked. “Actually Hamilton, I am.”

Devon had corrected Chance one time with his name. So he must be attempting to goad Devon on purpose. And that was the last thing he should do.

“Chance,” she said. “Why don’t you give me and Devon a few minutes?”

“No.  How about Phillip stays here,” Devon said balling up his fists at his side starring at Chance.

“Chance please.  Just a few minutes.”

“Sure. I need to make a few phones calls anyway. I will be in the back.  Just come get me when you’re done if I don’t come out before you are ready to go,” Chance said getting up and walking away.

Devon sat down across her from her and laid one arm across the back of the booth.  He propped the elbow of the other arm on the table and rested his head in his hand.

She watched Chance leave then looked back at Devon.  He had the same cold smile and same cold look.  She looked into his eyes and saw them water.  She knew that he was on the verge of tears.  She had only seen him cry once.  And that was when he had told her about his mother Dru dying.

“So, you lied to me. You’re a liar. Roxanne Davis is a liar now,” he said slowly. He appeared calm but she knew it was deceptive.

“Devon, this is not a date.”

“Really,” he said in mock astonishment. “Cause it sure looks like a date to me.”

“No,” she said. “Chance asked me to go to dinner because he was tired of seeing me look sad.”

“Yeah. Because there is nothing like a date with Phillip to make a woman happy.  I asked you if you had a date and you said no.”

“Because I didn’t.”

“Okay. Were these the plans you told me about earlier today.”

“Devon, I am-,” she began.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he said laughing icily as he interrupted her. “And did he pick you up?”

“Baby, it’s not-,” she began again.

“I’m right again I see,” he said unemotionally. “Did you let him touch you?” he asked.

“If you would just let me-“

“Did you allow him to kiss you,” he interrupted her once again.

She had already lied to him once and she didn’t want to do it again.  She broke eye contact and look down at the table.  The pain in his eyes was too much to bear.

“Wow. Roxanne, you wasted no time did you. Here’s the bottom-line, I think. I’m a fool,” he said tapping the table with his finger after each point.  “I have been twisting myself in knots this past week trying to make a woman happy that doesn’t care about me. She wants someone else. She doesn’t love me.”

“That’s not true,” she said tearing up.  How could he say that?  She loved him more than anything.

“Oh, it’s true.  Maybe you did love me back in the day.  But I guess you outgrew it. It was just puppy love anyway. Right?  Not the real thing. At least now I know why you never answered my calls or texts. I thought maybe you were hurt. But it wasn’t that at all was it.  Now, I see what this is. Roxy’s got a new man.”

“Devon,” she said on a sob.

 

 

Olivia watched Devon and Roxanne with trepidation.

“Who called him because I know this was not coincidence,” she asked out loud. 

“Nathan,” Tamara said calmly. “Did you call him after we asked you not too?”

“No, I didn’t.  Justin and Chris made me see reason. But look at the way Abby is staring.  I bet it was her.  She has a thing for Devon.”

“You know what.  I am going to have a little talk with her later,” Tammy said.

“Okay. Now she’s crying. Nathan go get him,” she turned around and signaled to Chris and Justin then point to Devon and Roxy. “Take him outside then tell them to take him home.  If not someone is going to end up bailing him out of jail tonight for assaulting Chance.  And I refuse for it to be me.”

 

 

Devon sat their watching Roxy cry.  He wanted to cry along with her. He hated seeing her cry.  And even worse was seeing her cry because of him.  Couldn’t she see how much he loved her? Couldn’t she see that he wanted her more than anything in this world? He only said those things because he wanted her to refute them.  Just in a semi believable way so that he could make excuses.  And even knowing that she couldn’t and that she had lied to him and that she was out with Chancellor, he still wanted her. He had no pride when it came to her. It wouldn’t matter to him if she had slept with Phillip. He would still love her. He would still want to marry her.

“Don’t cry Rox,” he said with tears in his eyes. “I’m so-“

“Hey buddy,” Justin said.

“Hey,” Devon replied.

“How about you step outside with us for a second,” Nate said.

“I’d rather not.”

“I think it is a good idea. Roxy’s already crying. You don’t want to hurt her anymore do you,” Justin asked.

He looked at her and said, “I’m sorry Foxy.”

They were right.  He needed to calm down before he finished this conversation.  So he stood and walked out as they followed him.

 

 

When Devon left, Olivia, accompanied by Tamara went over to the table to check on Roxanne who sat silently crying.

“Hey sweety,” Olivia said.

“Hey,” she said smiling weakly.

Poor girl, Olivia thought.  These men, even her sweet nephew, could be so cruel when their feelings were hurt.

“Let’s go to the bathroom okay,” Tammy said.

“Okay.”

Roxy stood and headed to the bathroom with them right behind.

Right before they reached their destination, Chance came out of a side room.

“Roxanne, are you okay,” he said grabbing her hand. 

Olivia felt the need to look behind them to ensure that Devon did not see them talking.  She was sure that would end up in some sort of altercation between the two young men.

“Yes, I’m fine.” 

“You don’t look fine.  Let me take you home.”

“Absolutely not,” Tammy said. “We will take her home.”

If there was any doubt in her mind, this solidified her opinion.  She loved her son’s choice in Tamara Davis. The girl had sense. If Roxy had any chance of getting back on track with Devon, she could not be seen leaving with Chance.

“Is this what you want,” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Okay. I will call you tomorrow,” he said walking away.

Then they entered the bathroom.

Olivia took out a handkerchief and wet it.  Then she began to wipe Roxy’s face.

“Sweety. What happened?  What did he say?”

“Devon thinks that I don’t love him now.  He said that I was a liar. And now I have ruined everything,” she said starting to cry all over again.

“Well, you did lie to him Roxanne.”

“Shut up Tam.”

“I think that it’s obvious to all that you love Devon.  He knows it too,” Olivia said smiling at their exchange. She remembered when she and Dru had similar back and forth about the men that they dated. Times like this made her really miss her sister.  Sometimes she needed back up dealing with the men in her family.  Another reason to be glad that Eve was coming to town.

“You didn’t see the look on his face. He gave me his icy smile. It’s the look he gives people when he is done with them and ready to cut them off.”

 Olivia laughed softly as she wet the handkerchief in cold water again and folded it.  She placed it across Roxy’s forehead and held it there. “Devon loves you. He won’t be cutting you off. You kids are so dramatic. Here’s what you do. Give him a couple of days to cool off. Cook dinner. Make sure you look really nice.  Wear something pretty. Then invite him over. Tell him that you were wrong to break things off with him. That you love him and only him. Trust me. Works every time.  Men are simple creatures. Devon is no exception.”

“That could work,” Tammy said impressed.

“Of course it will work. Now, I really hope they are not in the parking lot beating up Chance.  We all know Devon is volatile. And Nate has just enough Malcolm Winters in him so that he will act a fool on occasion.  Justin, I think, has mellowed in his old age so he might put a stop to it. But Chris would probably stand there smiling and watching it unfold.  Let me go out there and check on them.”

 

 Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Harmony sat up on the edge of the bed in the same spot that Tucker had vacated. She was trying to figure out what had just happened. Earlier Tucker had said he wanted her here.  But now that she was here, he didn’t seem happy about it.  And to top it all off, she was sitting here naked. And ever worse, wet and sexually frustrated as well. She noticed movement out of the corner of her eye as Tucker re-entered the room.

He walked to her and stood in front of her. She titled her head back to look into his eyes. 

“So, you don’t want me here,” she asked.

He smiled and said, “Of course I want you here Songbird.  I just want it to be what you want and for the right reasons.” 

She watched him drop to his knees before her. He placed both hands on her thighs as he began to rub them from thigh to knee. 

“I thought that the reasons didn’t matter.  Why you were with me didn’t matter. As long as you were with me, I was fine. But when I saw you here in this bed, I found that it does matter. I love you. And want to be with you. And I want you to feel the same,” he said.

“I do.  There will be no more running away. Or changing my mind. I want to be with you.”  She had made that decision last night.

“Good,” he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a ring box.  He opened it and she caught her breath and let it out slowly.

“I know that I am a difficult man to love.  I know that. I know that it takes effort. I can be stubborn, strong willed, impatient, impulsive, and vindictive.  Let’s just say that I know that I am a project. But I promise to make the effort worth your while. I will really try to change. I have never had a reason to try before.  I guess I have never cared enough about what anyone thinks before either.  But I promise you, I will try to be a better man for you.  I want to be worthy of you. Of your love.  So, will you give me a chance?  A real chance. To be the man that you deserve.”

“Yes,” she said with tears in her eyes.

“I love you Yolanda. Will you marry me?”

“Yes,” she whispered.

He took the ring out of the box and placed it on her finger.

“It’s even more beautiful on your finger than I thought it would be,” he said lifting her hand to his lips and kissing the ring.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“I love you just the way that you are baby.  You don’t have to change for me,” she whispered in his ear.

“Really,” he said pulling back so that he could look at her face.

“Yes, really.”

“Hhhm, we will see about that.”

“I guess so.”

 

 Location:  Glow Worm Parking Lot

Justin saw Roxy’s date walk out of the restaurant and head their way. 

“Here comes lover boy now,” Nate said.

“I should beat his ass for even thinking that he could go out on a date with my Foxy,” Devon said.

“I agree,” Nate said. “If it was Tamara, I know I would.”

Justin heard Chris laugh and knew he had no help coming from him in calming these two down.

“That is not the way to go.  You want Roxanne back right,” Justin asked.

“More than anything.”

“Well, if you act like some brute and get an assault charge for fighting with this guy, then you’ll be seen as the Neanderthal and he will get the sympathy from her.  Don’t do it.  Besides, he is leaving alone.  She is still inside.  Just let him pass.  Focus on her.”

“You’re right.  But he had better not say anything to me.  If he does then I can’t be held responsible.”

Justin could tell by the guy’s demeanor that he wanted a confrontation. So he approached him before he got too close.

“Listen man,” he said whispering. “I would really hate for Roxanne to find out that you got an assault charge fighting Devon. He already has an advantage over you because she loves him.  But if you hurt him then she would never give you the time of day again.”

Chance looked at him and nodded his head slightly. He’s sensible, Justin thought.

“So just walk around to your car the long way.”

Chance turned in the other direction and he breathed a sigh of relief.

 

 

Jack saw Olivia come out from the bathroom and excused himself from Abby and Ashley.

“Liv,” he said.

“Hey Jack.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes.  Just a lover’s spat with Devon and Roxy.”

“Oh,” he said. “I hope everything is cleared up now.”

“It’s better.”

“I wanted to spend some time with you.  I was wondering if I could take you home.”

She smiled at him. “Of course Jack.  Let’s go outside and tell Nate.”

 

 

Abby sat in quiet glee over the destruction she had caused. A small part of her did feel bad for Roxy when she began crying but she would do it all over again.  Devon needed to know what was happening.

“Abby,” Ashley said. “I think I am going to head on home.  I have an early morning tomorrow.  Paul and I will be flying out to Rickey’s Funeral. I am still so proud of you for how you handled that.”

“Thanks mom.  And give condolences to the Branas and Paul.”

“Will do honey.  Bye.”

“Bye,” Ashley said leaving.

Abby wondered whether Devon was outside or whether he had gone home. She picked up her phone to call him when she saw both Roxy and Tammy approach.

“Abby,” Tamara said as Roxanne looked on with puffy red eyes. “Did you call Devon and tell him that Roxy was here with Chance?”

“What?”

“You heard me. Did you tell Devon about Roxy being here with Chance?”

“I don’t see how that matters,” she said looking from Tammy to Roxy.

“Which means you did right,” Tammy asked.

“Abby,” Roxy said. “What did I ever do to you to make you try to ruin my life?”

Abby didn’t know how to answer that.  She wanted to say that her existence was enough but then she would sound like a loon because Roxy never did anything to her.  She was always pleasant.

“Roxy, can’t you see.  She wants your man, girl.”

“You’re right,” Roxy said. “I guess I was just giving her the benefit of the doubt.  So Abby, you’re right. It doesn’t matter. You know why?  Because Devon still loves me and he does not love you.  Now I tolerated you because Devon considered you his friend.  And since he was the only one you seem to have, I felt sorry for you.  But make no mistake, I never liked you either.”

Abby was impressed with Roxy’s little speech. She seemed to have more backbone than she gave her credit for.  Kudos to her for not being the simpering little Ms Goody Two Shoes she had taken her for.

“Well that is awesome.  Now we can both stop pretending,” Abby said.

“Works for me.”

“Rox,” Tammy said looking at Roxy. “Let’s go outside with Devon and Nate.  I am sure he is waiting for you,” she said.  Then she looked to Abby with a devious smile. “You can let him take you home and spend all night making this up to him.  I am sure he would love that.”

Abby felt herself about to throw up at the visual of Devon and Roxy having make up sex.

“I think I will do just that,” Roxy said turning leaving.

Tammy looked at her one last time and turned up the corner of her top lip in an ugly frown. Then rolled her eyes and walked off.

 

 

Chris was having a ball tonight.  He knew he shouldn’t think this situation entertaining.  Especially since it involved Precious and his little Foxy, but he couldn’t help himself.  He found himself chucking a few times.  He figured it was time for him to step in with words of wisdom.

“Precious. My man. What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“You still want to marry her right,” Justin asked

“Yes.”

“Okay. Take her home tonight and have some great make up sex,” Chris said.

“I’m still angry.  I don’t want to ever to touch her when I am angry.”

“What,” Justin exclaimed astonished. “Angry sex is some of the best sex I have ever had,” he said thinking about the last time he had made love to Donna before he left.  He had definitely been angry with her.

Devon looked at Nate who hunched his shoulders. “I don’t know man. During all the make-up sex I had, the woman was mad at me.  Not me mad at her.  So I can’t say.”

“Listen Devon. It’s rare that a good woman like Roxy messes up and gets caught. When it happens you got to milk it for all it’s worth. This is probably the first and last time she will do anything of this magnitude, which is not even that big a deal anyway.  Trust me.  She will do anything right now. She will fulfill any fantasy about her that you have ever had,” Chris said.

Devon looked at Nate again who gave the same clueless shrug.

“Besides Devon,” Justin said.  “You need to remind her of why she would rather be your woman than that other guy.”

Chris laughed again at the thoughtful look on Devon’s face.

“He means take her home and blow her back out so that even if she does spend time with this other cat tomorrow, she won’t be able to think of anyone but you,” Chris said.

Devon looked at Nate once again who smiled and nodded.

 “I want to but I promised myself I would never touch another woman in anger again.  After what happened with Tyra, I just can’t.”

“Tyra,” Justin asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Devon said. “Let’s just say that when I am angry I have a tendency to forget myself and do stupid things that I will regret later.  I can’t do it.  Not with my Foxy.  I will wait until I calm down before I make love to her.

Well, Chris had tried. There was nothing else for him to do but sit back and watch the saga continue to unfold.

“I think I will leave now before she even comes out.  I don’t want to be tempted,” Devon said walking away.

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Tucker watched Harmony fall back on the bed staring at her ring and his mouth watered.  He had thought he was ravenous for her before but now he felt like he was starving.

“Songbird,” he said taking his shirt off.  “Will you please lie on the pillows?”

She laughed and said, “Okay.”  She climbed further into the bed and laid her head on the pillows.

“Lie on your back, put your feet flat on the bed with them wide apart.  I want to see you,” he said as he walked to the foot of the bed.

She complied the way he knew that she would.  He loved that about her. She was very willing to accommodate.  But after turning him down last night, he figured that was about to change. 

“I love the way you look in my bed,” he said taking off his shoes, socks, pants and underwear. 

“Really,” she said smiling and running both her hands through her hair. 

“It’s where you belong.”

He stood at the foot of the bed naked and watched her breast lift with the movement.  He stared at their perfection then lifted his eyes to her face.  She wore a very smug smile.  Then it dawned on him.  She was teasing him with her body.  She had done it last night when she sucked on is finger.  And she had done it today in the office at Bell.  If he didn’t know better he would think that she was trying to control him with sex.  He knew he shouldn’t like the idea but he did. I could prove to be a lot of fun.

“Are you teasing me,” he asked smiling.

“Maybe. Do you like it,” she said with a throaty chuckle.

“I love it,” he said gripping the footboard with both hands and watching her lay in the bed. “But just know that when you tease things you have to eventually deliver. You can’t tease forever.”

“Things,” she asked.

“Last night. You on your knees in front of me. Sucking on my finger,” he said lowering his voice. With all his experiences with women, he knew that was something that you just didn’t ask them to do.  And especially not Black women.  But he saw in her eyes that she knew what he meant. 

“If you are a good boy, then I might reward you,” she said winking.

“How good do I have to be,” he said huskily reaching down and grabbing himself firmly in his hand.

“Very good,” she said.

“Hhmmm,” he said stroking himself.

“Exceptionally good.”

“I can handle that. So it’s a deal. Slide down here,” he said.

She scooted down to the foot of the bed.  He released himself and leaned over the raised footboard.  He rubbed his hands from her bent knees down her thighs, over her abdomen and to her breast.  He cupped both of them in a hand and squeezed them.

“Mmm,” she moaned.

“These are perfect,” he said rubbing his thumbs across the nipples. “But I suspect you know that with the way you have them on display every day.”

“Mmm,” she said arching her back.

“Do they normally get you what you want,” he asked as he pinched her nipples.

“Sometimes,” she moaned.  He released her breast.   He lifted her legs and spread wide.  He then draped them over the footboard.  He stared at her lower lips covered in her juices.  He reached his right hand out and rubbed her clitoris in a circle with his thumb.  He used his free hand to rub himself.

“Mick, stop teasing me,” she said breathlessly. “Make love to me. Please. I want to feel you inside of me.”

“Not yet,” he said. “We have all night.”

He continued to rub her clitoris as she started to lift herself up and rotate her hips in small circles.  As she lifted up her breast began to bounce.

“Songbird, play with your breast,” he said coaxingly.  She looked at him questioningly then lifted both hands to breast and began to massage then and rub the nipples. The visual caused his stomach muscles to tighten.  “Damn, you’re sexy.”

“Mmm,” she said closing her eyes. “I am about to come.”

He stopped stroking her then slid his finger down her folds to her opening.

“Don’t stop baby,” she begged.

“I want to feel you come,” he said in a husky tone while slowly pushing a finger inside of her.  “You’re going to have to finish it off yourself.”

She opened her eyes and looked at him.  She gave the same questioning look she had given when he asked her to touch her breast.  He knew he was pushing her. But he wanted her comfortable with him.  His sexual appetites leaned toward the freaky.  Being his wife would require her to be equally as freaky.   

After a few seconds, she gave him a beautiful dimpled smile and released one of her breast to touch the tips of her fingers to her clitoris.  She began circling her hand over it.  She closed her eyes and continued to play with her breast.

“Mmm,” she moaned as she began to lift and circle her hips again.

“You’re beautiful Songbird,” he said as he rubbed himself faster.

“I’m coming,” she screamed as she lifted her hips up from the bed as came.  He could feel in muscles contract around his finger.  After he felt her last clench he slowly extracted his finger.

She opened her eyes and looked at him.  He looked her in the eyes and raised the finger that he just been buried inside of her to his mouth and sucked the off juices.

“I see that you have become even more delicious over the past 4 days,” he said. 

She blushed in response the way that he knew that she would.

He lifted her legs and laid her crossways in the bed.  He walked around to the side and grabbed her ankles. He pulled her towards him so that her butt was positioned at the edge and her legs were hanging over his arms.  The bed was high enough so that she was at the perfect place for him to stand at the edge and slide into her. He placed himself at her opening to do just that.

 

 Location:  Phyllis Apartment

Phyllis opened her front door to see Nick standing there with Summer.

“Mommy,” Summer said hugging her legs.

“Hey baby girl. I have a treat for you in the kitchen.  Why don’t you go look on the counter?”

“Awesome,” Summer said running off in the direction of the kitchen.

“Hi,” she said with Nick.  She still didn’t know what they were doing now.  They weren’t together but they were seeing each other. Well really, they were sleeping together.

“Hey there,” he said. “I wanted to talk to you about something.  Do you mind if I come in for a while?”

“Since when do you need an invitation to come in Nick,” she said jokingly as he walked inside.  She could tell that whatever she had to say was serious.

“Phyllis, our current arrangement is not working for me.”

“Okay,” she said smiling broadly.  He must be ready to give them another chance.  The current living arrangement was not working for her either.  She would much prefer to be living in their home on the ranch. “I would love to move back to the ranch,” she said.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Oh,” she wondered if he was suggesting moving in with her.

“No Phyllis. I think that it’s time that we stopped this game we play.  I think that we should both move on.”

“Really Nick,” she said sarcastically. “I have already moved on.”  She hadn’t but she wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of dumping her.  Especially since it was her decision to leave their marriage and he had been recently sleeping with her sister.

“Phyllis.  I am not trying to hurt you. I –“

“Aren’t you? But luckily for me I am way past being hurt by you.  Way past” she said.

“Good then,” he said. “Tell Summer I will call see her tomorrow,” he said and walked out the door.

What just happened, Phyllis asked herself.  She wondered if he had started back sniffing around Sharon again. That was the only thing that could possibly make him do this 180 on her.  Sharon was just not the woman that everyone thought that she was.  She just wasn’t.  She was sure that something else would happen that would bring Nick back her way.  And when it happened she promised herself that she would be strong enough to resist him.

 

Location:  Tucker McCall’s house

Harmony lay on her back looking up at Tucker.  She should feel embarrassed about touching herself in front of him but she didn’t.  The look on his face as she did so made her feel adored and potent. Now he stood between her legs looking down at her body.  She felt him begin to push inside of her.

“Mick, I am still not on birth control.”

“Good,” he said looking down at himself as he entered her slowly.

“Not good,” she said moving her legs to rest her feet against his chest to stop him.

He looked down at her with a predatory smile.  And she knew that she was not going to like what he would say.

“Baby, I thought that you understood the deal that you made earlier,” he said.

“I do. We’re engaged to be married. We’re a family.”

“Okay,” he said reaching between her legs and rubbing her clitoris slowly. “Then being a family means children, which means no birth control for you. And being my wife entails no barriers between us when we make love.”

“But,” she said about to protest.

“Yolanda,” he interrupted staring into her eyes as he pulled out of her. “I love you and want to be with you.  But I realized today that I can’t force you.  I don’t want to force you. Either we are a family or not.  Either you want to be my lady or not. There is no in between. Now, I want you to choose me but the choice is still yours. What’s it going to be?”

This was just like Tucker. He was absolutely everything that he described himself as earlier.  And she loved him anyway. There really wasn’t a choice to be made. She loved him and wanted him. And she felt like he deserved the chance to raise a child. She wouldn’t deprive him of that again.  Besides, she wanted to have another baby and a chance to do it right.

She took her feet from his chest and laid her legs over his arms.  She reached down between her legs to hold him in her hands.  Then rubbed him slowly and said, “I made my choice over 23 years ago Mick.”  Then she placed him at her opening.

He smiled broadly and said, “That’s what I want to hear Songbird.”

He looked back down then pushed into her swiftly.

“Ahhh,” she screamed.

“I love you,” he said as he began to move in powerful sure strokes.

She lifted her hips to meet his strokes as she squeezed him with her inner muscles.

“You feel so good baby,” he said as he squeezed her thighs with his hands.  He looked up from where they were joined to her breast. “Can I borrow your hands again? Hmm?”

She complied by massaging her breast with one hand and rubbing her clitoris with the other. Seeing the look in his eyes as she did so made her stomach muscles clench and got her that much closer to her second orgasm.

“Mick,” she screamed.

“I know baby. I know,” he said stopping and pulling out of her. “Slide back into the bed.”

She slid back and he climbed on the bed to kneel between her legs. He placed himself at her entrance then lifted her legs onto his arms.  He lowered himself over her body and kissed her deeply as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He began to move in and out of her in a feverish pace.

He broke the kiss and lifted his head to look at her face.

“You’re gorgeous,” he said in a deep voice while looking into her eyes. “And all mine.”

“Mick,” she screamed again.  She was very close orgasm. She began to lift her hips to meet his thrusts and clenched her muscles around him.

“Are you my lady,” he asked staring into her eyes.

“Yes Mick,” she moaned.

“Well, give me all then baby,” he said leaning down to whisper in her ear. “Give me all.”

 “Aaah,” she screamed as the sound his voice whispering in her ear pushed her over the edge.

The vibrations of her orgasm around him made him come along with her.  His arms shook with the force of it.  She felt him pulse inside of her and it drew her own orgasm out longer.

When they were both finished shuddering he looked down at her and said, “Is it just me or does our love making just get better and better.”

“No baby,” she said smiling up at him and brushing his hair out of his face.  “It’s not just you.” 

He lowered his head and kissed her slowly.  She opened her mouth and he pushed his tongue inside to tangle with hers.

“Mmm,” she said as he began to move in and out of her.  She felt him harden.

She broke their kiss and laughed softly. “Already. Wow, I’m impressed Mick”.

“Take note. This is what happens when you deprive me for days on end. I fully intend to wear you out tonight,” he said smiling as he began to make love to her all over again.

 

Time: Late Evening

Location: Sophia Winters Apartment

Sophia had just finished checking her mail in hopes that the paternity test results had come back today when her phone rang. 

“Hello,” she said.

“Hey Soph.”

“Calista, tell me that you are moving to town with John and his fiancée.”

“Yes I am.”

“Yaaaay,” Sophia said. “I am so excited.”

“Me too.  But don’t tell Uncle Tuck. I want it to be a surprise.”

“Okay I won’t.”

“I also have something else I wanted to talk to you about. Pamela insists that I attend the gala Saturday.”

“I think that is a good idea.  I think it is way past time for you to really date.”  She didn’t know what had happened to Callie.  But about 10 years ago she had just stopped dating.  As far as Sophia knew, Callie hadn’t had a boyfriend in that same amount of time.

“I know Soph.  You’re right. Which is the only reason that I am even entertaining going on this blind date that she set up for me there.”

“A blind date? With someone in Genoa City.  I didn’t even know that she knew anyone here.”

“Apparently, she doesn’t.  But she’s one of those people that get what she wants.”

“I spoke with her today and I did get the vibe. 

“She got the President of Bell Communications to agree to be my escort.  Do you know him?  Tell me now.  Am I making a huge mistake?”

Sophia didn’t really know Chris that well but he seemed to be a decent guy.  If only a little full of himself.

“I don’t know him that well but he is cousins with Moses’ father.  I think all males in the family are similar in some regards.  They are all about family.  They really take care of their women.  But they are also kind of conceited,” Sophia said.  Then she thought a second longer. “And all very fine,” she said laughing.

“Really,” Callie said.

“Yes girl.  Really very fine.”

“Even Chris.”

“Especially Chris. Plus he seems really smart.   Great sense of humor.  But that’s all that I really know.”

“Okay.  The ultimate question.  Would you let him baby sit Moses?”

“In a heartbeat.”

“I guess I don’t have any excuses now.”

“I guess not,” Sophia said laughing.

 

Location:  Olivia’s condo

Olivia sat on her couch next to Jack.  She was still shocked that he had kissed her in crowded Glow Worm.  Now she knew that she was going to have to explain things to Ashley.  Something that she didn’t want to do until she was sure about whether she was going to continue to see him or not.

“I feel at odds,” he said.

“At odds,” she questioned.

“Yes.  Jabot just is not doing it for me anymore.  I want something different from life.  I want to help people. Do something useful.”

Olivia had always known Jack to care for nothing but his family, pleasure seeking, and Jabot.  So to hear him say this now made her respect him more than she had previously.

“I totally get that Jack.  I do.  It’s one of the reasons that I chose medicine.”

“Really?  I thought you chose medicine because you know how pretty that white lab coat looks up against your skin,” he said smiling at her.

She blushed in spite of herself.

“You are such a flirt Jack.”

He slid closer to her and put his arm around the back of the couch.  He then placed his hand atop hers in her lap. He looked her in the eyes and said, “I know that I can be a flirt but I mean everything I say to you.”

She stared in his eyes for a few seconds before looking off and clearing her throat.

“So you want to make a difference in the world?”

“Yes.  I just want to focus on different things now,” he said.

“Like what?”

“Like my family. I have missed so much time with my children.  Keemo is still in Tokyo.  And Kyle is at boarding school.  I want them here. Close to me.”

“I understand that too. I really do.  When all is said and done, our children, our family is all we really have.”

“Why do you seem so sad when you say that?  Is something going on with Nate?  Or are you missing Dru?”

“Both,” she said as she smiled sadly at him.  Not many people would have asked her that question about Dru.  When tragedies like what occurred with Dru happened, people didn’t know what to say.  It was like they thought that if they didn’t bring it up, then she wouldn’t be in pain.  But it didn’t work that way.

“Both?”

“Yes,” she said. “Nate has been suspended from the hospital.  They are accusing him of being negligent with Ricky William’s death.  I don’t think that he is but it seems that the review board might find him at fault.  They will have an inquest on Friday and I am afraid of what will come of it.  I think that they might try to make an example of my baby because of me being Chief of staff.”

He released her hand to cup her face.  He stared into her eyes and rubbed his thumb over her cheek. 

“No one is going to railroad Nate into something that he didn’t do.  I will make sure of that.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Don’t worry about it.  Just let me handle it.  Trust me,” he said in a husky voice.

“Thank you,” she said.  If Jack said he would handle something, she knew that he would.

“No thanks necessary.  I would do anything for you.  Anything.  Besides, I care about Nate too,” he said looking at her lips.

She leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips. When she pulled away she could see the awe in his eyes.  A woman didn’t get to her age without being able to tell when a man was being authentic about his feelings.  And Jack really did care about her.  She found that she cared about him too.  And not just as friends.  She was feeling that familiar yearning of sexual desire.  And it was a strong pull.  She still marveled that Jack was the object of said desires.

“You know what,” he said. “I think I better go or I might not be able to in a few minutes.”

“Okay,” she said smiling.  She thought that was a good idea or she would probably find herself naked underneath him soon.

 

Location:  Lily Winters House

Lily rushed to the door to see who was ringing her doorbell so urgently.  She looked through the peep hole and saw that it was Devon.  She opened the door ready to give him a lecture but it caught in her throat.  She could tell that he had been crying.  Something he rarely allowed himself to do.  Without asking any questions, she hugged him tightly around the neck and his arms went around her.  After a few seconds he stepped out of her arms and walked past her into the house.

She closed the door and stood next to it waiting on him to explain himself. 

“So, Roxy has a new boyfriend.”

“What makes you say that,” she asked. Roxy did tell her that she was moving on but she said nothing about having a boyfriend. 

“Because she was out tonight on a date with Chance,” he said sitting down on the couch.

Lily walked over to the couch and sat beside him.

“What makes you think it was a date.  It could have just been two people eating together.”

“I wasn’t the only one who thought it.  Abby texted me and told me that she was there on a date.  I didn’t necessarily believe her but when I got there they were together and sitting next to each other in a booth.  I mean, who does that unless they are on a date. And what’s worse is that most of the family was there.  Nate, Aunt Olivia, Chris, Justin. And none of them called me and said a word. “

“Hold up. Abby called you and asked you to come there.”

“Yes.  She was the only one that cared enough about how I felt.”

“Well no one called you because this isn’t a big deal.  And Abby called you because she wants you for herself.’

“What,” Devon said with a surprised look.

“Oh, you didn’t know?”

“I don’t think-“

“It’s true,” she said interrupting him. “Don’t be naïve Devon.  She has a thing for you. It’s one of the reasons why I didn’t want her to be your business partner.”

Devon sat quietly thinking.  He appeared to be trying to wrap is mind around what she had just said.

“Yes, think about it long and hard. The signs are all there.”

“Maybe she does have a crush on me.  But I would like to think that she agreed to be my partner because she saw my talent and potential,” Devon said.

“That too.  But she wants you.  Don’t let her come between you and Roxy.”

“Oh, she’s not the one coming between us.  That would be Phillip Chancellor IV,” Devon said bitterly.

“Devon, Rox does not love Phillip.  And he is only a factor if you let him be. The real problem is you.  You and your plan and ideas about how things should go.  Rox should have never had to tell you she was ready to get married.  She should have never even had to have this discussion with you. You two have been together for 3 years.  I have been married twice and each guy did not date me for 3 years before they decided they wanted to marry me.”

“And look at how both those turned out,” he said.

“Whatever. Point is that Roxy shouldn’t be waiting on you.  I wouldn’t either if I was her.”

“I know I screwed up.  I want nothing more than to marry her okay.  I bought her a ring today.  I was going to ask her over dinner tonight.”

“And you didn’t tell me,” Lily gasped in surprise.  How could Devon decide to get married and not tell her?  She was disappointed.

“I love you sis, but you know how you are.  You can’t hold anything,” he said smiling.

“Whatever,” she said again. “So what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you saying that you don’t know if you want to marry Roxy now?”

“No. Of course I still want her.”

“Good.” 

Lily was happy to hear that Devon wouldn’t let Abby’s tattling keep him from being happy with the woman he loved.

“But maybe she doesn’t want me anymore.   He’s a Chancellor and can give her things that I can’t.”

She laughed heartily at that.  Devon obviously needed to adjust his way of thinking.

“First of all, this is Roxy.  She does not and never has cared about money.  But say that she did. You do realize that Devon Hamilton, poor kid in foster care is long gone right.  You are Devon Winters. Whose father Neil Winters is a millionaire. Whose biological father Tucker McCall is a billionaire who only has you as an heir.  And whose biological grandmother is also a billionaire and a Chancellor. You do realize that people are calling you the Crown Prince of Genoa City.  Like I said, not that it matters but Chance has nothing on you in that department.”

“I guess you are right,” he said he said with a wry smile.

“I know I am right.”

“But she lied to me.”

“Eh,” she said waving her hand. “Give her a pass.”

“That’s essentially what Justin and Chris said earlier.”

“Well listen to us. Besides, you don’t want her to know how self-righteous and unforgiving you can be until after you are married.  It will be harder for her to walk away from you then,” she said jokingly.

“Whatever,” he said laughing.

 

Location:  Olivia’s condo

Jack watched her rise so he stood also. She turned and preceded him to the door.  As usual when he was walking behind her, his eyes went straight to her butt. In his mind, there wasn’t much better than watching Olivia’s hips sway from side to side as she walked away from him.  But then, he had yet to touch her there so he was sure that list of things he liked the most about Olivia would change as he had new experiences.  Up until a couple of days ago looking was all he had. But now, he was touching.  And he refused to leave without knowing what her butt would feel like in his hands.

She started to open the door but he put his hand up to push it closed.  She turned around startled and gave him questioning look.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her roughly into his arms.

“Jack,” she squealed breathlessly.

“I can’t believe you are going to let your boyfriend leave without giving him a real kiss,” he said huskily.

She gave him a sexy smile and his stomach dropped. He had seen that smile on her before.  But never had it been directed at him.

“You’re right.  My boyfriend definitely must be kissed,” she said softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

She rose on tiptoe and fused her lips to his.  He felt her tongue licking the seam of his own and opened his mouth.  She pushed her tongue inside mouth repeatedly simulating the act that he had wanted to perform with her since he was 16 years old.

He slowly lowered his hands from her waist to her butt and squeezed. 

She broke the kiss and looked him in the eyes.  Then she smirked and said, “Jack Abbot, I would have never taken you for an ass man.”

“I am an Olivia man,” he said pushing her back against the door. “Any and every part of her mesmerizes me.  Any and every part of her is sexy,” he whispered.

She kissed him again.  This time more passionately than the last.  And Jack knew that she wanted him. That Olivia was finally seeing him as a man. 

He broke the kiss and looked down at her.

“I should go,” he said.

“You don’t have to go Jack,” she said softly.

He knew what she was offering.  And lord knows he wanted it. Had wanted it since he knew what it was.  But that wasn’t all he wanted.  And if he played his cards right, he knew he could get it.

“I should leave.  I don’t want to rush anything between us.  I want our relationship built right so that it will last.”

“Jack,” she whispered rubbing both her hands up and down his chest. “We’re both mature adults. I don’t think whether it happens now or later will matter.”

“It matters to me Liv. I have waited way too long for this opportunity. I don’t want to waste it,” he said grasping both her hands that were rubbing his chest.  He stepped back and pulled her away from the door.

“Goodnight,” he said kissing her on her cheek.  Then he opened the door and walked out.

 

 

 

 

 



 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.