Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Keyshia has another encounter with her friends. You know, the friends that you guys love sooo much lol :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Keyshia

That was probably the best night’s sleep I’ve ever gotten. His bed was so comfortable and it felt like every time I moved I sunk into the mattress just a little more. And to be entwined in his arms made everything better. But of course, when I woke up he wasn’t there.

Jason walked in while I stretched my body out and yawned. He was dressed in a black pin striped fitted three piece suit. A cup of hot steaming coffee was firmly gripped in his left hand. I blinked, taking in all of his beauty. “Good morning sweetheart” he knocked me out of my somewhat trance.

“Where are you going?”

“I have to go to Philadelphia. I’m in the middle of something very important.”

“Oh” I said after throwing my legs over the side of the bed, making a move to get up. Jason put the cup of coffee down and walked over to me.

“I won't be long.”

“You said that yesterday.” I got out of the bed and stood in front of him.

“Well I’m a busy man. You know that.”

“Yep” I mumbled and walked over to the bathroom before he had a chance to give me a morning kiss. Jason waited until I was out of the bathroom to speak.

He pulled me close, so close that I could smell the coffee and toothpaste on his breath. I felt a little embarrassed because I hadn’t had the chance to brush. “I put my number in your phone. Expect a text at some point today.” Before I could say anything, he grabbed my face by the cheeks and planted a soft kiss on my lips. “See you later.”

I sighed as he walked out of the room holding his cup of coffee.

 

Jason

 

While I was on my way to Philly, I called my dad. “Hello.”. He answered the phone sounding like he was annoyed before I even had the chance to utter a word.

“Yeah. I need to talk to you."

“About what?”

“Livy.”

“What about her?”

“She came up to my condo drunk last night…and she tried coming on to me.”

“She’s not my problem anymore son.”

“Well I don’t want her at my place like that. She’s never been my “problem”, but I have a feeling that I treated her with more respect in a few minutes than you’ve ever treated her.”

“You don’t know anything about how I’ve been treating her. And if you don’t want her around your place, tell her that yourself. Like I said before, and what I’ll say every time you call me up with this bullshit…she’s not my problem anymore.”

“Yes she is!” I frowned, immediately frustrated.

“So you’re wasting my valuable time talking about something unimportant?”

I hung up on him before I threw my phone clear across the plane. Another call started to come in. It happened to be my Aunt Katherine. She’s my dad’s younger brother’s wife. Yep. My dad has a brother. Clearly, he was a mistake. This is why my grandparents barely keep in touch with him. I sort of wish he was my own father though. He’s more laid back and since my grandparents basically left him out of everything, he’s not associated with anything having to do with the hotel business. Uncle Brandon, that’s his name, is a cardiologist who lives in Connecticut with his wife and two young kids. I always visit them during my free time.

“Hey sweetheart! How’s everything going?”Auntie Kat beamed into the phone.

“Okay I guess. A little tired of consistently being in the media.”

“Do you know how many times your uncle and I have offered for you to come live in Connecticut and forget about that life?”

“I could never do that, Auntie Kat. I’m too caught up in it. I have to go discuss a part for the script in an upcoming movie, I have all of these photo shoots coming up, not to mention tons of interviews…and I’m still trying to run this hotel. Unfortunately, my life can't stop like that.”

She sighed. “I feel so bad for you. Jack shouldn’t have made you responsible for all of this stuff.”

“Ahh…it’s too late for that. I’m happy where I am. Even though my life was basically predestined, I’m eternally grateful for it”

“Jason, I love seeing you on TV and setting a good example for the young men out there…but you’re so young. Too young to be this stressed out.”

“I don’t know to respond to that” I said with a smile.

“Do you have an assistant?”

“Nope. And I don’t need one.”

“Oh that’s nonsense. You should have a whole entourage by now.”

“I can't see myself having one of those…I like to be alone.”

“Well if that were true, you wouldn’t have been with all of those women. Speaking of that-“

“Uh oh…” I grinned, thinking of Keyshia. My aunt always wanted to know the 411 of my relationship status. But it wasn’t in one of those annoying ways, like the media. She’s like a mother to me, so I don’t mind.

“You know I have to ask. Are you dating anyone at the moment? Anybody caught your eyes?”

For a second, I thought about lying to her, but I couldn’t. I’ve never lied to her and I didn’t plan on starting now over the silliest thing

“Yeah. Someone’s caught my eye.”

“Who is she? I hope she’s not one of those little tramps you’ve been dating.”

“She’s nothing like that.”

“What’s she like then?”

“She’s…I don’t really know how to describe her. Just know that she’s different and that I’m happy.”

“Okay. Bring her to California then.”

“For what?”

“For the family get together. You know we have one every other year.”

“Oh.” I paused to think about the “get togethers” my dad’s family holds. Just thinking about it gave me the shivers. “I’ll have to get back to you on that one.”

“You didn’t come the last time. That means you have to come this year, Jason.”

“I don’t like being around the family like that. Everybody shows up to be nosey about what’s going on in each other’s lives. We never have a good time…and I thought that’s what we’re supposed to go there for.”

She giggled a little. “Besides that, it’s a chance to see each other. We’re all so busy and we live in different parts of the country.”

“I understand that. But does it really have to be a week long?’

“Think of it as time away from your crazy life. Like a vacation.”

“That is nowhere near a vacation!” Before I let her start rambling on about other things going on in my life, I told her I was going to call her later and started to prepare myself for this speech I had to present. The mere thought of having to ask a group of very important individuals to allow my dreams to happen makes me extremely nervous. All of the men that I have to propose to are colleagues of my father and if they’re anything like him, there’s only one way this thing could go and that’s downhill.

What I have plans on doing is building a hotel in Brazil, mainly because it’s where my mother lives but also because it’s a place with high tourism rates. I needed to find a reason to get close to her…and possibly find her. I’m still teaching myself Portuguese, but I’m damn near fluent.

Maybe one day my father will give me more information on her whereabouts and what she looks like. Whenever that day is, I can't wait for it. My dad will probably be even happier than I am.

 

Keyshia

 

Approximately thirty minutes after Jason left, I took a shower, put my clothes back on, and went home. I had to browse the internet for a job because I felt like I needed to do something with my life. Since the internet didn’t really give me any help, I picked up the newspaper and saw a story on Jason’s hotel. A new hotel was being built in the Bronx and they are looking for new employees. For a second, I actually considered it, but what the hell would I look like working for my…boyfriend? I don’t know. Is that really what we are? Boyfriend and girlfriend?

The doorbell rang and I tiredly pushed myself up to answer it. Lauran and Alicia stood there smiling these goofy smiles. What the hell. I haven’t talked to them in weeks!

I opened the door just enough so that they wouldn’t enter. My head almost looked as if it were peeking out. “What are you doing here?”

Alicia looked at me with a confused expression. “We’re your best friends…and we love you. Since that night, we haven’t really talked much.”

“Okay…and obviously I’m perfectly fine with that. What you did was grimy.”

“Yeah. We know. And we’re sorry. Mostly me because it was all my idea. I’m soooo sorry Key. Forgive me? Us?”

I looked at them for a few seconds before opening the door wider, allowing them to come in. Why not forgive them? What would I do without them? They’re my only two friends.

Alicia was the first to walk in, pushing past me. Lauran followed behind her with an apologetic look on her face. “Why don’t we put that whole night behind us? It was stupid” Alicia plopped down on the couch.

“How?” I closed the door behind Lauran and walked towards her with my hands folded across my chest. “It was my birthday.”

“Yeah, but if we keep talking about it…then we’ll never get past it.”

“…well I guess you’re right.” Her face held a satisfied smile until Lauran sat beside her and she quickly moved over like she was contagious or something. I crinkled my eyebrows together.

Alicia picked up the newspaper that sat beside her on the couch and began to read it. “I heard about this. Mm, Jason Jameson with his sexy self is hiring a shitload of people to work for his hotel. You down?”

As soon as I heard his name escape her lips, my heart started to beat rapidly. “I-I…um, I’m not about to work at a hotel.”

“Why not? We might even get a chance to meet him.”

“I don’t know or care who this man is. I’m not working at a hotel.” I lied. Of course I know who that man is.

“How in the hell do you not know who he is?”

“Because I don’t.”

“Well this is a good opportunity for the three of us to work together.”

“No.”

“Yes! Please?!”

Lauran spoke for the first time. “Yeah Keyshia. It’ll be cool. Imagine working at Jameson Suites. I’ve heard that a lot of celebrities stay there.”

“Why are you guys so stuck on celebrities?” I said, turning my nose up.

“Because they’re rich…yeah, that’s about it” Alicia said somewhat distracted by looking around my apartment. “I thought you didn’t have enough money to pay your bills.”

“I didn’t.” I had to quickly make up a lie. “The lady gave me an extension.”

“Oh…lucky you. So are you going to apply for the job with us or what?”

I sighed and threw myself onto the couch directly across from them. “I don’t know. Let me think about it.”

“Well they’re having this application fair at the hotel next weekend. We’re going.”

“Okay…whatever.”

“Good Lord, you act like you don’t want a job or something. Every month you’re struggling to pay your bills.”

“I know Alicia and that’s none of your business! Now can we please change the subject?”

Right after I said that, my cell phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket to check the caller ID. It was Jason. The text read “Hey baby, did you make it home safe?”

I couldn’t help but to smile like an idiot. Just the thought of his voice made me happy. Alicia caught on to my sudden mood change. “Uh oh…I see you have a boo thang.”

“Uh…no” I answered smoothly.

“Yeah right! I see that big stupid smile on your face. Who is it?”

“Nobody.”

“Is it the same guy from the club?”

Lauran looked at me with wide eyes. “What guy?”

“Like I said, it’s nobody!” I started to get frustrated with them. Since when did all of our conversations have to be about grilling every aspect about my life?

“It is the same guy from the club! Uh oh! Keyshia got a white man. Get it girl!”

“You about to leave…”

“I can't believe you’re trying to hide a guy from us. If he’s white, we don’t care. You should let us meet him.”

I don’t know why I caved in, but I did. Something I know I’m going to regret doing. “Okay. There’s a guy…but I’m not telling you anything about him. And I’m not letting you meet him.”

“Why??!” Alicia looked like she was about to jump up off of the couch.

“Because…you know I’m always secretive about my relationships.”

“But you’re not this secretive. Shit, what does he look like? You can at least tell us that!”

“He’s white.”

“Oh my God! I knew it!! And he’s one of the guy’s from the club we went to, isn’t he??”

I sighed and lifted my right brow. “Does it matter Alicia?”

“Yes! Because every fucking guy at that club was filthy rich. If you landed one-“

“No” I answered quickly. “He’s not a guy from the club. Now will you get off my back about it?”

“Not until you let us meet him.”

I ignored her, texted Jason back, and changed the subject. “Getting off of the subject of me for a while…how are you guys doing?”

Lauran started to speak, but Alicia’s rude ass cut her off. “Do you remember my brother?”

“Yes. I remember Eric. You know we used to date. How could I not remember him?”

“He keeps asking me about you.”

“Well if he needs to say anything to me, he needs to say it directly to my face instead of playing this he said she said thing.”

“I know. What happened to ya’ll anyway? He-“

“Pause.” I held my hand up, stopping her from talking. “I thought we were getting off of me.”

“Girl, you know you have the most interesting life out of the three of us.”

I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on Lauran. “What about you Lauran? I know you were about to say something. Anything special happen in the last view weeks?”

“Yeah…I got put out of my apartment.”

“What?!” Now it was my time to have widened eyes. I leaned forward and stared at her until she talked.

“Oh yeah. Her bitch ass boyfriend put her out” Alicia said with a smirk on her face.

“Why?!”

“He didn’t really put me out. Lawrence got laid off and since we couldn’t pay for the rent, we got evicted.”

“Are you still together? Where is he?”

“No…and I don’t know. We haven’t really talked since then.”

“Damn. So where are you staying?”

“With my parents. But I can't stay there any longer. Their house is kind of cluttered and my siblings are so freakin annoying.”

“Aww…” I took a second to think. “How about you come and stay with me until you get back on your feet?”

“Really?!”

“Yeah girl. I’m here alone. You can pull out the bed in that couch you’re sitting on. It’s really comfortable.”

Oh my God. Thank you so much Keyshia. I really appreciate this.”

Alicia just had to ruin the moment with a touch of jealousy. “Hold on. How come when I asked to live with you, you said no?”

“Because you had a steady job and an apartment.”

She sucked her teeth and pressed her lips together. “Nah. It’s because you like Lauran’s ass more than me.”

“Please don’t go there.” I looked at Lauran. “I can come over later on and help you get your stuff.”

“Okay.” She had this wide smile on her face.

“Are you guys hungry? I was just about to grab something to eat.”

“Yeah. What do you have to eat?” Alicia said.

Before I responded to her, my phone began to continuously vibrate letting me know that I had a phone call. I answered it with a smile on my face.

“Hello?”

“Hey. Wish me luck on this proposal. I’m so nervous”

“Good luck! You’re gonna do just fine.”

“How are you so sure?”

“Because…I just know. Don’t let those people intimidate you. As long as you know what you’re talking about, all should be well.”

“You’re right. Damn this is so nerve wrecking. I can't wait to get this over with and see you.”

A blushed burned my cheeks as I held the phone closer to my ear. Alicia was all up in the conversation trying to get hints to who I was talking to. “I can’t wait to see you either.”

“I’ll be back home at around eight. Want me to pick you up?”

“Sounds nice, but I have to help a friend with something.”

“Oh okay. That’s cool. I’ll text you whenever I get out of this thing and let you know how things go. Thanks for the encouragement.”

“Anytime.” After I hung up with him, I shook my head at the look Alicia gave me. She looked so damn serious and interested in my life.

“So how long have you two been dating? Sounds pretty serious.”

“It’s nothing serious…and it’s none of your business.” I got suddenly annoyed. “Damn Alicia. You don’t see me all up on your shit, do you?”

She busted out laughing. “Stop being so dramatic.” I rolled my eyes after she got up and walked to the bathroom. She knew that was one on my biggest pet peeves. Laughing at a person while they’re clearly annoyed and pissed off. Like it was no big deal.

I looked at Lauran. “She is really getting on my nerves today.”

“Maybe she’s being bitchy because you have a man. I don’t know.”

“Whatever it is, I don’t care. But I hate the way she treats you. You should really stand up to her.”

Lauran smirked and leaned back into the couch. “You act like I’m being bullied or something.”

“That’s what it looks like to me” I said, getting up and walking towards the kitchen. Lauran lifted herself up as well and followed me.

“You know that’s how it’s always been with Alicia. It’s not that I don’t wanna stand up to her. It’s that I don’t feel like getting into it with her.”

“You don’t have to fight…or even argue with her. Just put her in her place one good time.” We both got quiet when Alicia walked into the kitchen.

“Put me in my place? Lauran?” Once again, she started laughing. Or should I say cackling. “Wow, funniest thing I’ve heard all day.”

I rolled my eyes and opened the refrigerator. “You are such a bitch.”

“Okay. Wow. See, I expect to hear that from you. You always have shit to say.”

Lauran spoke up and walked up to Alicia. “I’m with Keyshia on this one. You are one self-absorbent, annoying, nosey, talkative….bitch.”

I slammed the fridge door closed, turned around, and looked at Lauran with wide eyes. My mouth hung slightly open. I could tell Alicia was a little embarrassed, but she had this stupid smirk on her face.

“Since I’m such a bitch, who gave your ass a ride over here? Yeah, good luck with finding your way back to Queens. She quickly turned on her heels and stormed out of my apartment.

Me and Lauran laughed in unison as soon as the door slammed shut. “Now who’s being the dramatic one?” I said, still laughing.

“That felt good.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll catch the bus with you to get your stuff. It’ll be cool. I haven’t seen your parents in a while.”

“Thank you so much Keyshia. I love you.” I wrapped my arms around her after she pulled me into this tight hug.

“Love you too girl.”

A few hours after eating grilled cheese sandwiches and broccoli cheddar soup, we caught the city bus to Queens and walked down the street to her parent’s house.

When we walked in, her parents were sitting in the living room watching TV. All six of her younger siblings were running around in the basement. We could hear them as soon as we walked in.

“Hey Mr. and Mrs. Ayers.”

“Oh hey Keyshia! How are you? We haven’t seen you in so long” Mrs. Ayers exclaimed. Both of her parents were a little on the heavy side. Every time I see them they’re always lounging around. I went up to them and gave them hugs so that they didn’t have to get up.

“I’m doing pretty good…um, I’m just here to help Lauran move her things.” I looked at Lauran and she frowned at me, letting me know that she hadn’t told them yet.

“Move out?”

“Yeah…mom, I’m grown. I can't stay with you and dad forever.”

“What do you mean? You’ve only been here for a few weeks” her dad said, with a confused facial expression.

“I know. But I want to do my own thing. Keyshia invited me to live with her for a while.”

Her mom looked at me, needing assurance. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?”

“Yes mam.”

“Okay…well, if you need some sort of transportation, my truck is parked out back”

Lauran kissed his cheek and thanked him. I followed her down the stairs and into the basement. Her noisy siblings sounded like they were having their own party. We passed them and walked into a room.

“Wait. I thought your bedroom was upstairs” I said, looking around the junky basement.

“It was. My little sisters took over after I moved out with Lawrence; another reason why I’m trying to get the hell out of here. I’m practically sleeping on the floor.”

“I don’t see how you’ve been doing it. Those kids are so worrisome.”

“I know right!” We both laughed and walked over to a small dresser.

“I guess we can start packing” I said, opening a drawer.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.