Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 


Chapter 2 | She Named Her Pandia Erse Nemea 


 


 


You were a precious pearl How I loved to see you shine, You were the perfect girl


From And Still I Rise by Maya Angelou


 


 


There was something ancient that brought this child into existence—something preternatural.Silly, as it may seem since she an immortal. However, she felt as though her child had lived several lives before this life.


An eternal brightness formed this precious pearl within her arms.


She named her Pandia Erse Nemea.


All brightness.


Most befitting.


Cradled in the finest silk of azure and gold she feeds from her mother’s breast that lay closest to her heart.


“A most ancient soul for one to be several days old,” she whispered, kissing the baby’s crown.


Young Pandia looked at her mother—eyes like her esteem father, but very distinctively her own.


Within that singular iris, one could fall into their depths and be lost for eternity.


She smiled as a soft melody came to her, it was a lullaby that had been passed down from her foremothers to their offspring.


Quietly while you were asleep


The moon and I were talking


I asked that she’d always keep you protected


She promised you her light


That you so gracefully carry


You bring your light and shine like morning


And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon


Your lights fill the darkest room


And I can see the miracle


That keeps us from falling


She promised all the sweetest gifts


That only the heavens could bestow


You bring your light and shine like morning


And as you so gracefully give Her light as long as you live


 


I’ll always remember this moment


 


“My precious--precious pearl,” she whispered, to her child cuddling the now sleeping babe in her arms.


 


 


***


 


The sweet perfume of styrax, lotus, and hyssop was mixed into the purifying waters.


The scent of sage and the soft chants of scared phrases hummed the room.


Azure and gold capsuled space; the sigil of the House of Hyperion stood proudly at every corner.


Today, was the rites of young Pandia immortality; she was to be purified, blessed, charted, and prophesized.


Selene seat on her throne as beautiful and mysterious like the great orb that she held dominion over.


She took in the sight of her family and friends who were bestowing gifts and paying homage to her child.


For although she was amongst family and friends there was that shadow of a doubt in the back of her mind.


She was always lingering.


Everyone knew that Hera’s wrath was great upon the children that were born from Zeus.


The only factor that kept her children and herself safe was her family position and connections.


It would be foolish for that woman to even think about moving against her and although she consoles herself with that thought—still she was vigilant.


The soft chimes of bells signal the start of the celebrations the shifting of everyone as they turned towards the doors as the chimes grew louder.


The golden doors opened; to enter, was the Mistress of Ceremony, Artemis.


Artemis, being the apprentice of Selena, and family, was given the honor of being the Mistress of Ceremony, it will be by her hands that she purified the young Pandia.


Following along was Berhane, who waved here and fore of burning sage, chanting words of their ancient foremothers of blessings upon the new life of her younger sister.


Next was Adama, holding the guest of honor, Pandia.


Ahmose, she closed the line with the burning of thyme, while holding ceremonial robes embroidered with sapphires and diamonds that glittered.


Each sister wearing the colors of their family house with diamonds woven in their mane-like stars in the evening sky.


The spectators were in awe of the sight of the sister’s beauty—speculating on the sight when a young Pandia was fully grown trailing along with her sisters.


They made their way to the dais that displayed the basin of pure gold—the sisters aligned in their rightful positions as Artemis took her place in the center of the dais.


All were silent as the ceremony begun, Artemis stood proudly, dressed in rich robes of gold and earthy green, as all submersed in her beauty.


“We are honored to witness the newest member of our fold and to welcome the newest celestial light to the House of Hyperion,” she spoke in a clear honey voice, “Lady Pandia Erse Nemea.”


Applause and shouts thunder the room.


Adama calmed her baby sister who held the look of bewilderment—she caught her mother glance, seeing the building trepidation in her gaze, with a smile, and a swift nod she quieted her mother's discomfort.


When the room quiet down Artemis continued,“In this basin filled with the waters of the Styx and the divine flowers that produce the nectar we immortals drink. We shall bathe Pandia, blessing her with her divine heritage with the duties and honor that is bestowed to her.”


Removing the simple cloths from the babe—taking the bare child within her arms she moved to the basin saying a blessing to their forefathers and mothers she dunks the babe within the warm waters.


The loud wail causing the onlookers to softly murmur and cooing noises—Artemis proceeded to dunk the babe making sure every layer of skin was exposed to the sacred waters.


Once finished, Ahmose dressed her sister in her ceremonial robes.


Artemis rubbed olive oil scented with spices upon the babe’s forehead, “Another heavenly light has come to bless mortals in their realm—A pure brightness to light the celestial orb when it has reached its full peek.”


She took the child within her arms:


 


Blessed our forefathers and foremothers that brought us power,


Blessed the father and mother that brought us life,


Blessed the mortals that bring us worship.


We're bound to duty and honor.


Young Pandia let your long life be filled with wisdom and knowledge;


that immortality bestows upon us.


I, Artemis, daughter of Leto present


Pandia Erse Nemea, daughter of Selene


Goddess of Clarity.


 


Thunderous applause and cheers resounded throughout the room as everyone praised the new goddess.


 


Selene looked upon her daughters with a proudness that seems an everlasting glow to encompass her whole being.


 


The feeling of uneasiness seems to quiet and for the first time, Selene could enjoy this moment and bask in her joy.


 


 


***


 


 


 


He had always held a strong contempt for birthing celebration.


He could never find himself filled with the merriment of others. Family obligation and his gift of foresight were the only reasons he was in attendance today.


The slight scent of warm summer meadows and fresh spring water alerted him of his sister's presence.


To the naked eye, there was nothing to suspect from his presence—just another guest enjoying the merriment around him; however, she knew her brother, after all, they were womb-mates.


She understood the discomfort he felt at such celebrations—there was a time she felt the same, but as time passed, she understood the why of the circumstances of their birth.


A smile that was only reserved for her twin she brushed a kiss to his cheek and took hold of his hand.


“It’s almost over,” she whispered for only his ears to hear.


He smiled, “As always, right once more sister.”


“Of course,” she bumped into him lightly causing him to laugh.


“So, Mistress of Ceremony, is it my time to greet the newest addition to our fold and sibling?”


“As always, your power of foresight is strong brother,” teased Artemis, as she took hold of her brothers’ arm and headed in the direction of the celestial family.


He allowed her to lead him, they moved through the crowd with ease due to the status of the siblings—but he suspected that they wanted to hear the future of the young goddess was the only reason they moved out the way.


They wanted to see if the young goddess was a threat or not.


There was no true camaraderie amongst the deathless immortal everyone was an enemy or simply a means to achieve a goal.


Another reason why he hated such gathering was like a lamb being presented in a cave of hungry wolves.


 


Disgusting.


His sister's hand tightens around his as though she had known that his thoughts had turned darker.


The quicker he predicated this child’s unfortunate fate the quicker he could leave and folic with his brothers and drink to his heart content.


Apollo came back to his senses as they were approaching the celestial family.


The sight of Selene surrounded by her daughters, the Menai, was a sight to behold—each daughter a testament to their mother.


“My Ladies,” he bowed.


“My Lord, we are honored for your presence today and we thank you,” stated Selene, her eyes conveying her understanding of the young god’s discomfort.


“Thank you my lady, but the honor is all mines,” he spoke fondly to the goddess before him.


“Berhane, my love, allow his lordship to hold your sister,” she spoke warmly.


Berhane bowed her head to her mother's acknowledgment. She carried her sister as though she was made from glass holding her securely within her arms as she faced her great cousin.


Apollo smiled at his young cousin reassuring her all was well—he could understand the nervousness and the situation at hand.


With a smile of acknowledgment, she places her sister safety in his arms and handed her off to him.


 


He brought the babe to him and decided to rest his eyes on that of his newest half-sibling.


 


 


***


 


 


In his long life, there had never been a time that he could honestly say he was speechless.


He never thought he would find himself in such a situation like the one that was now before him—and to be quite honest he was mystified by the whole ordeal.


As he stared into those singular eyes he felt as though he was transported into another plane of existence.


He felt as though he had seen life at the very beginning and that of the end. Of time racing before him and time slowing for him.


He felt a sense of renewal and tranquility to that of his soul like he had never experience in his entire life.


He felt all these wild and unexplained feelings all due to this child that lay within his arms.


She stared back at him as though she had seen everything of him—and yet familiar, as though they had known each other for all their lives.


Never had he felt such an emotional tie—not even with his sister whom he shared a womb with. His body trembles and his thoughts were scattered.


Sound and reasoning held little meaning to him at this moment.


Although unsettled he could not turn his eyes away from that of the child before him.


What was even more disconcerting being that her future was blind to him—there was nothing for him—all except the image of a woman—beautiful seems to be written in this woman essences and there was no goddess before or after her could rival her beauty.


That was all he was allowed to see the fate of this young goddess.


He stared at her eyes once more—those singular gray irises were like a universe of their own filled with wonder and wisdom.


 


“Beauty has one name, Pandia.”


 


 


***


 


“Beauty has one name, Pandia?” she didn’t know whether to be stun at such a bold statement or to laugh at the gift that was now bestowed to her.


“Yes, milady.”


“Are you sure for certain these words were spoken from Lord Apollo?” there had to be no room for doubt.


This was the perfect piece of information she needed to set her plans ahead.


“Yes, milady.”


“Was there anything else? Any more predictions?” she turned to pour herself a glass of wine as her mind begun to plan her next move.


“No, milady, it had taken his lordship over an hour for him to say that.”


She stopped whipping around like a serpent as she eyed her spy, “What did you say?”


The poor soul shudders at the presence of the unsettling goddess—as the words tremble out of there mouth.


“There has never been a time Apollo has taken over an hour to predict someone’s future—hmm, who would have thought such a phenomenon would bestow its self upon us,” she said more to herself.


A smile came to her lips; the sins of the father will be visited upon the daughter.


“You know what to do.”


“Yes, milady.”






Chapter End Notes:

A|N: I do not own Sade’s The Sweetest Gift the song is very highly recommended.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.