Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for reading. ALL reviews welcomed.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


She was running late again, having overslept for the third time this week. Nia James, sat up completely worn out from sketching until 3am. As one of the lead graphic designers for Sohma Enterprises, she was destined for something grand, if only, she could change her terrible luck. And today it seemed her destiny screamed unemployment. She got up cursing her alarm clock as it buzzed 8:39. Scrambling out of the bed and jetting for the bathroom, she nearly slipped in the shower when her foggy shower cap fell over her eyes. After her two and a half minute shower--- every second counted when she was sure to be fired---she ran around searching for her white button up shirt a pencil skirt and her heels or hells as she often referred to them. She swore the devil himself, could have been the only being to create such an uncomfortable shoe. She searched for her keys as she put a piece of bread in the toaster. Scurrying back to the bathroom she brushed her teeth as she waited for the toast. Zipping past the toaster on her way to the door, she snatched out the hot, now crisped bread slice, her purse from the chair and ran to her car taking off the shower cap in frustration once inside.

 

She drove like mad, turning sharply into a parking space which nearly cost her a side mirror. She was parked awkwardly in the space which was sure to cause a kerfuffle when work was over. She could care less about that. All that mattered right now is what her boss was going to do to her. Would he humiliate her, yell, and maybe fire her. She planned a couple of things she would say to him, if he Donald Trump-ed her...each ended with her packing up wordlessly and leaving without the drama she would have normally caused at any other place, she respected him and the company way too much. She could see it now, staring into those dark brooding eyes of his while he chewed her out. Hell, she didn't care what he said, as long as it was to her. Nia, was raised and instilled with a sense of dignity and self-confidence, but this man just made all those things fly out the window whenever he said her name....she would have to work on that, if she wasn't fire today.

 

Before entering the office she checked her phone, 5 text messages from Jess. Shit. She thought. Flipping the phone shut, she decided to take whatever was coming like a big girl and get in there and take whatever she had coming.

 

 

“Ms. James, you're late, yet again.” he scolded as she sidled through the back door. His button up was neatly ironed and rolled up at the sleeves, as if, the day had already taken its toll on his nerves. He tapped his foot impatiently as she halted. Her big brown eyes widened with the sound of his voice.

 

Dumbstruck now that she'd been caught in the act, she looked down at her feet, preparing to say her lines. Her neat but slightly dampened fro bobbed and she lolled her head in shame.

 

“Mr. Hayama, I kno-” she decided to go with scenario 3 which was a grand fabrication of how her house nearly burned down because of a freak toaster accident. Smoothing her skirt, her heart beat wildly in her chest as she felt his cold stare on her in the midst of her attempt.

“Save it. Just be glad that you produce decent enough work for me not to fire you today. And you are working on some major projects. Just know, I won't hesitate to fire you, next time.”

 

That's it!? Just a slap on the wrist and she was free to die another day? Relieved she looked up and her full lips curved into a quick smile that contorted when she saw his unyielding features. She looked into his black eyes and saw nothing. All the other workers stopped and stared as she stood there, a deer in headlights.

 

“Well, get to work.” she scurried off to her desk, the eyes of the others quickly snapped back to their own work and the brief silence was filled with voices, papers crinkling, keyboard keys clinking and mouses clicking.

 

Damn, he's gorgeous when he's angry, she thought. But there was nothing she could do about it. He tolerated her presence in the workplace, because he valued her ability but as a person she was sure he just wasn't feeling her. Saddened again by her depressing love woes she exhaled once safe behind the confines of her little station. Just as she got settled, a shadow appeared behind her.






Chapter End Notes:

I just wrote this and I seem crazy but read my story and review maybe? LOL







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.