Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I take it there won't be any Danica fan clubs anytime soon? LOL. But honestly, I'm excited there's such a strong reaction to her and the story. You guys' reviews are quite fun to read, so thanks again. Anywhoo, onward and upward...




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


More Charater pics (click 'em!):

Gale and Harrison Everwood

Nora and Joeseph Carson

 

 

 

 

 

Morning always came way too soon to Ethan. The second he closed his eyes, it was right there to greet him with a blinding white light, and a skull splitting headache. At the moment, he debated on even showing up for work.

 

"Ugh," He groaned, still tasting the Bourbon from the night before. He sat up and glanced around the room, taking in the dark wooded dresser and the sky blue sheets, he abruptly ended his debate. There was absolutely no way he would stay cooped up here.

 

After checking the time and discovering it was only 6:30, Ethan began untangling himself from his sheets. He took his time knowing he had over 2 hours to at least make an attempt to look presentable.

 

Once he was free, Ethan stood and made a bee line for the bathroom. After running warm water into the sink, Ethan cupped some into his hands and splashed it onto his face. He kept his eyes clenched shut as he blindly felt around for a towel. But then his hand collided with a bottle, knocking it into the one next to it, resulting in a domino effect.

 

"Damn it..." He cursed at the tinkling of the bottles rolling on the countertop. He finally located a towel and quickly dried his face. Draping the towel over his shoulder, Ethan began straightening up the fallen bottles, but came to a pause when he realized what he was holding.

 

A sense of longing nostalgia filled him as he gazed down at his hands. Before he could even think to stop himself, he lifted one of the bottles to his nose, taking a whiff.

 

The aroma of orange sapphire invaded his senses as he staggered to sit on the bathtub edge.

 

"Ethan," Danica giggled as she leaned forward and pushed against his bare shoulder. "Ethan!"

 

"What," Ethan gave a chuckle of his own and continued to graze his knuckles against the bottom of Danica's foot. "It told you about that lotion."

 

"Alright, I won't wear it any more!" She squealed, her jet black hair falling into her eyes.

 

"Nope," Ethan grinned devilishly. Releasing her foot, Ethan stretched forward and buried his face into the crook of her neck. "I've changed my mind."

 

Danica curled into him, one hand caressing the side of his neck while the other wove into his hair. "Have you?"

 

"Mmhmm," Was his muffled reply, as he inhaled her scent. "You can wear it."

 

"Really," She purred as she felt one of his hands trailing up her camisole.

 

"Yep," Ethan grinned again, and Danica flushed. She never knew a simple smile could take on such an obscene meaning.

 

"As long as you're wearing nothing else..."

 

Ethan blinked out of the reverie that the memory brought on. He could never understand why he kept a hold on to such things despite his hurt. She could so easily walk away from him, but he couldn't bring himself to discard something as simple as a bottle of lotion.

 

+++++++

 

Danica lay in bed, her coal dark eyes fixed out of the window. She'd been in this same position since she'd awoken at sunrise. It happened like clockwork. She'd spend a majority of night tossing and turning in a fitful sleep, before finally giving up in surrender and opening her eyes to watch the sun rise.

 

She knew the why, of course. She'd discovered the reason for her restless sleep months ago.

 

She needed him.

 

His old sweatshirt wasn't enough anymore. She needed his arms banded around her, pulling her close and blanketing her in warmth.

 

But would he want her there? And even if by some miracle he did, could she push her anxiety aside to accept it?

 

A soft tap came from the other side of her bedroom door. Danica sat up and looked to the door just in time to see her mom poke her head into the room.

 

"Did I wake you?" Gale asked sheepishly. Danica shook her head, and watched her step into the room and shut the door behind her. She padded across the tan carpet, and took a seat on the bed.

 

"How are you feeling?"

 

Danica shrugged as she toyed with her yellow sheets. "I'm okay."

 

"Good, good," She nodded. "Devin and Chrissy were so glad to see you."

 

"Yeah," Danica agreed. She was starting to sense that her mom had something to tell her, but wasn't sure how to say it. "Mom... what is it?"

 

Gale cast her eyes down at the lilac and tulip flowers in the bed spread. "Nora called last night."

 

Danica sucked in a breath, and tugged at the collar of her sweatshirt.

 

"She's worried about Ethan."

 

"I know," Danica acknowledged softly. Nora Carson was a nice woman, but she was no joke when it came to her baby boy.

 

"I uh," She continued. "I told her you were here."

 

"What," Danica gasped, her eyes widening in panic.

 

"She said she won't tell Ethan," Gale quickly assured, rubbing Danica's arm. "Look, I'm not trying to push you, but you need to see him. To tell him what happened."

Danica buried her face in her hands. "I know mom, but... what if he doesn't want to see me? I just abandoned him."

 

"Danny," Gale cried and cradled Danica into her arms. "Don't talk like that."

 

"But it's true mom! I'm damaged goods and he deserves better." Danica whimpered, her tears filling her eyes. "I'm broken."

 

"Shhh," Gale hushed and pulled her closer, gently rocking from side to side.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.