Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm not sure where this will take me but I hope you will enjoy taking the journey with me.I made a few changes to minimize the confusion. I used brackets to indicate a charecters thoughts in this chapter this {} is the indication of Armelia's thoughts.Enjoy and excuse any errors.

IMPORTANT: There is no child sex/rape on this story and there never will be.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Every one of them could hear her tiny feet running towards them, let alone the excited shouts of what seem to be an eight year girl “waayy…t!!!Please wait!!!” the guards were ready to dispose of the” threat “even if it came in a form of a pretty little brown girl with shining brown eyes and a smile that held a promise to brighten your day. The Queen tried to school her expression but failed miserably when she faced the girl, her smile grew instantly “Stand down! Let her pass…”

“We’re not allowed to do that my Queen” Draven said not bothering to look at the Queen, he kept his focus to the bundle of energy running towards them not intending to stop. She seemed completely oblivious of their presence, her focus was on the queen and she won… they let her pass. They were completely disarmed by that bright smile & the lack of fear they sensed from the human child. She stood in front of the tall, lean and beautiful blond, blue eyed queen. “Hello…here…you need this more than my grandmother does, see…you look better already. I have to go, Grandpa will cause me deafness if he sees me talking to a stranger”.

The queen’s first reaction was of pure happiness when she accepted the flower from the little girl, her smile grew even wider when she listened to her talk. The little girl was gone before she could utter a single word. They all stood there stunned for different reasons, the guards for letting their guard down like that, the queen’s ladies for not intervening and the Queen for the act of the human girl who obviously did not recognize the reigning Queen of the Northern Kingdom.

The little girl was right though, she needed a bit of sunshine today. They were all going to need a bit of brightness with the darkness looming in the horizon. Even her blood thirsty Son noticed that his Father has finally gone mad. Nothing Queen Armelia of the Northern Kingdom could say or do to stop her husband’s plans of attack. The Southern and Northern Kingdoms have lived peacefully for centuries without conflict. The South held nothing the Northern Kingdom wanted, It was too dry and too hot for any nonhumans to be interested. Now it has become a place of interest to most of the shape shifters and a few vampires. Armelia was not fooled by the so called “abundance of treasures “in the South, the lack of births among the various race called for concern. It’s well known that the last cub born was now over fifty years old. While the Shifters, Vampires, Elves and fairies were not the most fertile species they still had children now and then but for the past 50 years there has not been a child’s cry or laughter of a child in the Northern Kingdom. While the South still enjoyed such privileges, it was becoming a rarity in the North. The “treasures” were obviously the Southern women, their men will not allow this which will lead to an inevitable war. “Men! Don’t they know there are better ways to do things?”

“My Queen?” Armelia was pulled out of her musings by one of her ladies Katarina, who stood as tall as the Queen and carried herself with the same elegance. “Do not worry my dear Katarina, let’s head home. I think shopping has lost its appeal.” She said that while turning towards the car knowing the guards and her ladies will soon follow. Draven and another guard named Niko rushed in front of the Queen to better protect her. That brought a smile to Armelia as she thought good thing there are no attacks yet. I could be dead. Young pups….

Armelia looked at the Pear Blossom held on her hand and wondered what the little girl saw in her to give her such an appropriate flower. The Queen excelled at guarding her emotions, in a world where most beings were predators and constantly looking for an opening to take you down mastering your emotions was more than a necessity, it was a way of life. There were a few humans who lived in the Northern kingdom and none of them held a position of importance with the exception of her stuff, Of cause…

{Now I remember, how slow of me. That can only be Sam’s granddaughter, here on a visit because of his wife’s illness. I must visit Vera soon and convince her to give me this ray of sunshine. The girl could walk in a room and bring sunshine with her…this is what the Northern Kingdom needed, not another war. Vera will see things my way, the girl needs to stay} or so the Queen thought and was beginning to believe.

Kiero watched the little black girl run back to the flower shop looking like she’s just shared her favorite sweet with her best friend. There was something about the way she carried herself, he did not think she was anything other than human but he felt… drawn... to her? That was enough for him to follow the girl and find out who she belongs to. He’s the Prince of the Northern Kingdom, General to the King’s Army and a position that required him to be the best of the best warrior. Nothing unsettles him, this little girl caught his and Armelia’s attention. Rendered the guards and the Queens ladies stupefied, had him staring in…wonder? No…this will not do. Kiero only felt two things hunger and thirst not necessarily for food and water all the time satiating those needs was done at his convenience not these unknown strange feelings.

Palesa ran straight to her grandfather’s arms,” I just gave Gramsy’s flower away, she needed it more and I think Gramsy will be fine now that she’s resting. She was just too tired, right? Grandpa!” “She’ll be fine my dear in a few days, she-“Sam stopped talking when the massive Prince of the Northern kingdom walked in his door. Sam was not a short man but in comparison to most males here in the North he seemed short 6 feet put him on shoulder level to most to most males. Sam appeared even smaller compared to Kiero, which made him a very tall man not that anyone ever gets that close to take accurate measurements.” Sam…What have you done?” Kiero’s usual calm baritone seemed to echo in the silence that followed his question, seeing that he won’t be getting any reply from the nervous older man, his irritation began. He was trying to ignore the man’s escalating fear and the girl’s energy, both were begging for his attention so he chose to embrace his irritation. It was safer for all “you let this little girl catch Armelia’s attention, we both know what is wrong with Vera and yet you sent another sheep to slaughter. Of all the stupid this you could do, you choose the worst…”

Sam’s fear for Kiero evaporated only to be replaced by, feeling of panic. The realization of the possible end of life of his only Grandchild at the hands of a blood thirsty Queen “I was not sure my Prince, I-.” “Cut the non-sense Sam, the world knows I’m no one’s prince. Armelia is the only one who sees herself as such. What were you not sure of?”






Chapter End Notes:

Please share your thoughts...







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.