Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Bring em out, bring em out.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

    It was going on to be the third week since Jae Hwa or Lisa had spoken. They had passed by each other going to class on more than one occasion. It had occurred so often, that they had made some kind of unspoken agreement that she would resume her role as the late arriver, while he took the place of the first student in the room.

 

   It was unnerving to face the front of the room, especially knowing what was behind you. Jae Hwa had snuck a few back stretches and head turns to see if he could catch a glimpse of Lisa, but whenever he did, she was either speaking and laughing with someone else, or looking nowhere in his direction. He took this as a finally statement  for where he stood for her.

 

    What he didn't get to see was the way her eyes never left the back of his head. She watched him so much, that she was sure she could count each hair on his head. Her notebook remained blank for many classes as her focus was solely on Jae Hwa. She would watch the way his shoulders moved as he inhaled and exhaled. She missed the way their elbows would intentionally knock as they wrote side by side. Or the way he would wait at the bottom of the stairs for her as they were the last ones to leave the classroom.

 

   His blushes became pieces of gold that were lost to her now.

 

   The way he would stammer over some words, or obliterate a sentence grew in value.

 

   Lisa had begun to miss Jae Hwa, and it hurt like hell.

 

   She stretched during her cool down session in the studio that began to empty one by one as the other dancers left. She said her goodbyes to the girls in a polite way, when in reality, she hadn't been feeling that genuinely in days.

 

    Using the back of her arm, she wiped the sweat that slowly rolled down her face. She couldn't wait to get back and take a shower. She had thrown herself into her dance, improving all of the moves she had already mastered. Training harder.  Becoming better in any way that she could. It was the only thing she could bring herself to do.

 

     Her duffle bag hung at her shoulder as she stepped off into the cool breeze of the outdoors. She felt refreshed even though her muscles began feeling fatigued. A flutter passed through her stomach as she walked, slowing her down. More sweat dripped from her forehead and chest area even though she wasn't exerting any effort.

 

    The sensation of vomiting hit her hard as she felt weaker and weaker walking along the sidewalk.

    I have to get back to the room. She thought to herself. She imagined that her legs had followed her brain's command to get her to where she was going faster, but they were actually stumbling around.

 

    As her eyes began to flutter, Lisa thought she saw a familiar figure running towards her.

 

   It got closer and closer as her eyes began to shut, and her body fell to the ground.

 

    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

   James had found himself walking towards a building he had no business going to. He looked ahead to the dance studio, knowing that there was a reason for passing by here that he wouldn't admit to.

 

   He never saw her face to face. He usually came at the perfect time when she would be turned with her back to him. He would casually watch as her small feet walked in a rhthym. Changing course with great precision so as not to be seen by her.

 

    Today, he was thrown for a loop. When he had looked up, he saw that she wasn't walking in her normal direction. This time, she was coming towards him. He debated turning around and speed walking off, or taking a detour to somewhere else.

 

   Before he could make a decision, he saw Lisa sway in the wind. She steadied herself, and began to walk at a very stagnant pace. She took a step to the left, then another to the right as her feet dragged beneath her. Jae Hwa's legs carried him to her side instantly as he saw her weird behavior wasn't on the verge of stopping.

 

     " Lisa? Lisa, are you okay?" Cradling her face in his hands, he could feel the clamminess that covered her skin. He looked around him, trying to remember which way could take him to the main building the fastest way so that he could get her into see the nurse. Others watched, but simply continued on their way.

 

    Removing the duffle bag that was tangled around her body, Jae Hwa put it across his own. His arms reached out to hold her under her neck and knees as he stood to his feet, as quickly as he could, he ran with her body held tight to his.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

     Lisa felt herself being tossed around. It felt like she was travelling on a bumpy road, but when her face slammed into something firm, she opened her eyes to see that she was being carried.

 

     By Jae Hwa.

 

    She could feel the dampness that seeped from her skin meet the coolness of the breeze that came with his speed. She watched from below as his jaw clenched and unclenched. As his eyes held concern that she had seen all of those days ago in his dorm room.

 

   Closing her eyes, she allowed herself to enjoy the feel of him.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

     Jae Hwa watched as the nurse pressed two fingers into Lisa's wrist.

 

    " I take it that she's suffering from dehydration and exhaustion." Looking at Lisa's dance wear, the nurse wasn't surprised. The dancers were notorious for passing out, but that was usually during their first year. When they became good at it, they balanced out the hard work and discipline a lot better. Looking at Lisa's young and still plump face, she instantly knew that this was her first time.

 

   " Will she be okay?" Jae Hwa asked. The nurse smiled at him and nodded her head.

 

   " Her pulse is good. Blood sugar is fine. This young lady just needs some TLC, that's all."

 

   Figuring that what she said meant rest, Jae Hwa nodded in understanding. " Good, good."  In her office, the nurse's phone began to ring.

 

   " She should come to any moment, get me when she does." Walking out the room, she left Lisa and Jae Hwa to themselves.

 

     You idiot. How could you not treat yourself well?

 

    Lisa's chest rose and fell beneath her clothing. Folding up a pamphlet, Jae Hwa began fanning he, wanting her to be as comfortable as possible as she rested.

 

    Taking his finger, he pushed back the hair that had fallen out of her bun during all of the commotion, and right then she began to move.

 

    His hand fan paused as he waited to see if she was going to wake up completely.

 

   Her eyelids squeezed together tightly, and he let out a breath of air he didn't even know he was holding.

 

     Standing there for a couple of more minutes, Jae Hwa admired the features of her face. The way her nose slightly flared at the sides fit perfectly atop her pouty lips. Long eyelashes touched the apples of her cheeks.

 

   " Oh, good. She didn't wake up." The nurse reentered the room whispering.

 

    " It's a good thing you were there with your friend. When she gets up, you two can-"

 

   " Actually, I'm going to leave now." Placing down the fan, Jae Hwa rose to his feet.

 

    Watching him in confusion, the nurse corrected herself." Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed you two knew each other since you carried her here. Well hey, another good Samaritan amongst us,huh?"

 

   Nodding his head Jae Hwa looked back down to Lisa. A tug in his chest told him to not just leave like this, to at least wait until she wakes up. He wouldn't have to say anything, just witness for himself that she was fine now.

 

   " I'll be leaving now." He decided on what he would do.

 

   " Oh, of course, you're free to go." Giving him a farewell wave, the nurse began writing down Lisa's information as he left as quick as he could.

 

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

     Her eyes fluttered open to the fluorescent lights above her.

 

    " Well hello there, how are we feeling?" Lisa heard a woman's voice, but as she looked around the room, she wasn't looking for its owner.

 

    "Wasn't there someone here with me?" She asked. The nurse walked closer to her with a glass of water, and urged her to not try and sit up too fast.

 

    " Yes, the young man who brought you here. He left some time ago."

 

    " Did he?"

 

    " Mmhm." The nurse was busy writing out paperwork from the work that laid across her desk. " It was good that he brought you here, instead of heading back to a dorm. Most people forget that there is a nurse right here on campus." She rambled on.

 

   Lifting her feet over the edge of the bed, Lisa slowly began to stand up.

 

    " So eager to leave? Honey, I think your enthusiasm to be on the go is what got you here in the first place."

 

   " Thank you so much, but I'm feeling great now, honestly." Slipping her feet into her shoes, Lisa spotted her duffle bag on a hanger across the room. As she moved about, the nurse continued to talk.

 

    " I know that you're feeling fine, but I think it's best you wait another twenty minutes or so. That way I can monitor you."

 

   "I'm fine, really. Thanks again!" Rushing out the door, Lisa raced down the main building's halls hoping that maybe she just missed Jae Hwa.

 

    When she emerged from the door, she did a quick scan of the grounds. Only a few people walked about before her, and not one of them were Jae Hwa.

 

    Disappointment brought a frown to her face.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.